http://www.thecelebritycafe.com/features/35616.html

saw it on espn also... thoughts?

i no ill b sad to see him go ...wish he coulda won a champ in phili

asandhu23
11-09-2009, 03:49 PM
:yawn:

SeoulBeatz
11-09-2009, 03:57 PM
well everyone hates him on this board, but id still take him back in philly.

this team needs some heart.

to be honest, he still owns this city

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCLtXkaQKcs

Toenail Clipper
11-09-2009, 03:59 PM
Send him back to Philly. I'm sure t he fans won't hate him and he can be part of a trio with Brand and Iguodala.

B.JenningsMVP
11-09-2009, 04:06 PM
I think he should've gone to the Bobcats.

ko8e24
11-09-2009, 04:07 PM
Even though he's been one of my favorite players to watch in nba history, and he is without a shadow of a doubt a future hall of famer....

if you can't contribute to the game of basketball in a positive way (I mean currently, not circa 2001), or you risk harming the pride and aura of team basketball.........then Dr. James Naismith and many of us PSDers say to you AI....GOOD RIDDENS!

Toenail Clipper
11-09-2009, 04:07 PM

That girl in your sig looks like a tranny.

tromo9
11-09-2009, 04:13 PM

agreed lol

PLAYERS FAN
11-09-2009, 04:35 PM
I guess Kobe passing him on the all-time scoring list didn't fit well with him.

But seriously, I hope he don't retire.

TheBlackHole
11-09-2009, 04:56 PM

agreed lol

Um no, you two are crazy

_Supreme_
11-09-2009, 05:00 PM
One of my fantasy teams would like a little clarity on this.

A lot of people are saying contradicting things, so I wish Iverson himself would make a conclusive statement.

So far the Grizzlies owner (or GM?) saying he thinks AI will be back is the most reliable source of information we have.

GodsSon
11-09-2009, 05:02 PM
anyone else think he'll retire then join a team with a more favourable situation?

_Supreme_
11-09-2009, 05:13 PM
anyone else think he'll retire then join a team with a more favourable situation?

If he has a guaranteed contract with Memphis, which he has as far as I know, he can't do that. At least not this season or until his contract has run out. As long as he is under contract with Memphis he can't play for another team.

Memphis could trade him to Philly though. It doesn't have to be for much. I think that would be the best option, and he would be back where he belongs (Imo).

AI - Iggy - Thad - Speights - Brand (LouWill 6th man)

or

LouWill - AI - Iggy - Thad - Brand (Speights 6th man)

smith&wesson
11-09-2009, 05:25 PM
dont do it allen dont do it....
join a contender, win a ring. prove the doubters wrong. dont just ride off in to the sunset. not yet. join the cav's, start at the 2 and help yourself and james to your first rings. I dont even like the cavs, but iverson could start at the 2 for them.

dhype14
11-09-2009, 05:25 PM
I wanna see him win atleast 1 championship before he retires. He deserves it. Philly should get him hopefully not boston.

Stunner
11-09-2009, 05:48 PM
Um no, you two are crazy

They must be gay.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-09-2009, 06:06 PM
iverson sucks, he's a cancer, contenders don't want him

maybe he can win a ring in D-League:confused::confused:

jrenz31
11-09-2009, 06:08 PM
Anyone could have seen that Iverson wasnt going to work out in Memphis, and I think that if they were smart the Grizzlies would release him right now. However, if a playoff caliber team could pick him up, I think he would be willing to sit on the bench.

Fool
11-09-2009, 06:10 PM
If he'd just shut up and play he wouldn't have to whine so much...

DitchDat
11-09-2009, 06:32 PM
wow AI is all ego.

He was injured, comes back, and expects to start immediately?
Didn't he even sign knowing that he would come off the bench?
This guy is destroying his legacy.
A 1-year contract should be tradeable, but who the hell would want him? Philly? Cleveland?

TragicallyHip
11-09-2009, 06:32 PM
what a baby

NYKnickFanatic
11-09-2009, 07:12 PM
He will be on the Knicks soon enough.

BluejaysFan08
11-09-2009, 07:19 PM
thread number 1259

iHop
11-09-2009, 07:49 PM
I'd love to see iverson win a championship, but i know it will never happen unless he is willing to take a lesser role. :sigh:

FlakeyFool
11-09-2009, 08:05 PM
he should go back to the sixers and retire as a sixer

SteveNash
11-09-2009, 08:42 PM
he should go back to the sixers and retire as a sixer

Would he accept a backup role behind Louis Williams and Royal Ivey?

Raph12
11-09-2009, 09:09 PM
I rather he retires, right now he believes he's elite when no one else does. If he stays, he will just continue to ruin the legacy he left behind, just let him retire as one of the greatest without a ring. I think he'll be able to live with that over the "team-cancer" label.

camador22
11-09-2009, 09:11 PM
He would have won a championship in the year that Philly went to the finals if Shaq didn't exist. Malone, Miller Barkley, and Ewing could never win because of Jordan. Shaq destroyed championship dreams for Iverson, Webber, Kidd and Dirk. Although Dirk still has a chance to win one. I consider Iverson to be a top 5 SG of all time.

JWO35
11-09-2009, 09:16 PM
lol Allen Iverson is the TO of the NBA....he needs to retire and just take a spot on ESPN. Iverson should have retired after he played for the Pistons.

still1ballin
11-09-2009, 09:25 PM
good

NBA-GMaster
11-09-2009, 09:31 PM
DONT DO IT ALLEN!! We have a respect on your career!! PLEASE!! I also want you to win a championship before you retire..

I heard on the news that the knicks might pick him up..
He should really gone to Philly or maybe to Charlotte with L.Brown..

Confusion
11-09-2009, 09:31 PM
:yawn::clap:

MaHaRaJaH
11-09-2009, 09:37 PM
dont do it allen dont do it....
join a contender, win a ring. prove the doubters wrong. dont just ride off in to the sunset. not yet. join the cav's, start at the 2 and help yourself and james to your first rings. I dont even like the cavs, but iverson could start at the 2 for them.

Im with that 100%
If I were a player of HIS Caliber, I would go insane going Championship-less my whole life.

Kakaroach
11-09-2009, 11:19 PM
Nobody wants him. He doesn't wanna ride the pine. Welcome to the Hall of Fame AI.

blastmasta26
11-09-2009, 11:58 PM
Man, AI should really get over himself. He would be an ideal role player for contenders at this point.

_KB24_
11-10-2009, 12:17 AM
AI should go back to Philly. Retire in the city of brotherly love cuz thats about the only place your going to find now....

Team*Chicago
11-10-2009, 12:57 AM
:smoking:I'm glad Allen Iverson considering retirement without winning a championship, we don't have to hear no more crap from him about his injuries, personal problems, personal situtations and him missing practice. :silly:I'm glad he's leaving the NBA with no dignity and a little respect only from his worshipping fans.

:drool:That woman in your sig is beautiful and fine as hell, you gotta tell me where else did you find that picture of her beside the website that is on the corner of that picture because :cool:when I get 100 post I putting that has my sig.

Lakersfan2483
11-10-2009, 01:20 AM

No she doesnt, she looks good!

albertc86
11-10-2009, 01:33 AM
He should go to the Clippers.

Trouble87
11-10-2009, 01:37 AM
he should've retired before the season started

she doesnt.... that is a bad *****

xxxplicit69
11-10-2009, 01:40 AM
it will be sad for him to retire w/o a ring, he should go back to philly or to a team that has a chance to win a ring like cleveland.

by the way the girl in that guys sig is rosa acosta, soujah boy's fiance'. that girl is beautiful (dominican out of NY). i did my research. lol

Team*Chicago
11-10-2009, 01:47 AM
it will be sad for him to retire w/o a ring, he should go back to philly or to a team that has a chance to win a ring like cleveland.

by the way the girl in that guys sig is rosa acosta, soujah boy's fiance'. that girl is beautiful (dominican out of NY). i did my research. lol

:speechless:That's Soulja Boy's fiance' are serious or are you joking around to start some rumors.

MTar786
11-10-2009, 01:52 AM
he should go back to philli and retire there and play his *** of for that one season.. AI deserves to leave the right way. he's is top 5 all time when it comes to heart. If he doesnt make the HOF i will stop watching bball. N i was never even a fan of AI

KeithLBC
11-10-2009, 02:53 AM
Good riddance.

HouRealCoach
11-10-2009, 09:42 AM
Bobcats would have been a place for him to be the Starting two and they have Alot OF GREAT DEFENSIVE PLAYERS SO HE WOULDNT KILL THAT PART

HouRealCoach
11-10-2009, 09:50 AM
U guys dont know what you want... not too long ago ALL of you were bashing him and now you are begging for him not to leave

JasonJohnHorn
11-10-2009, 11:46 AM
Iverson is a hard worker and a talented player, and the fact he was able to score the way he did at his height is amazing. He wasn't given the same gifts as guys like Jordan and LBJ, but what he's been able to accomplish at his size is amazing and likely won't ever be repeated. That said his ego doesn't seem to be able to let him accept that he is no longer a premiere player in the NBA, still a great player, but no longer an MVP, no longer the best at his position, and no longer the best player on his own team, and that ego seems to be creating issues for the teams he plays for. Denver did better without him, Detroit tanked with him (though that is not all on Iverson), and Memphis, who is a young team getting better, seems to be weighed down by the Iverson situation. If Iverson can't accept a secondary role, he's going to have to retire or find another team. The only teams I can think of that could use him are Miami and Philly because both teams have shooting guards that can handle the ball (Igudala and Wade), and share ball handling duties with Iverson while letting Iverson play shooting guard essentially, since Iverson is a shooting guard in a point guard's body and needs to play alongside a big guard so that he can defend the opposing team's point guard rather than give up a few inches on opposing shooting guards.

There was a time when I would have liked to see Iverson win a title, but now he seems to be his own worst enemy. You look at great players with like Kareem, Oscar Robertson, Wilt Chamberlain and many others have accepted secondary roles on teams in order to win. Kareem passed the torch to Worthy and Magic, Robertson took a secondary role to Kareem on the Bucks to win one, and Wilt became the third scoring option for the Lakers to win (which took great humility on Chamberlain's part since he was the most dominant player in the league at the time). If Iverson wanted a ring that bad he could have signed a veteran minimum with the Lakers, or with the Spurs, or Cavs, or Celtics, and put any one of those teams over the top as long as he didn't mind being a second or third option on offence, or take on the lead role off the bench, but he just doesn't seem to have the humility to do that. I was rooting for Philly in the 2001 finals, partly because Iverson was such a work horse, but now I just don't care where his career takes him.

Raph12
11-10-2009, 12:02 PM

Let me clear something up right now... SHE IS NOT SOULJAH BOY'S FIANCE, THEY HAVEN'T EVEN DATED. SHE IS SINGLE AND COMMITED TO CELEBACY UNTIL 2010 (FOCUSING ON HER CAREER)... her name is Rosa Acosta, she's a model, I used to talk to her a while back.

SteveNash
11-10-2009, 04:09 PM
Let me clear something up right now... SHE IS NOT SOULJAH BOY'S FIANCE, THEY HAVEN'T EVEN DATED. SHE IS SINGLE AND COMMITED TO CELEBACY UNTIL 2010 (FOCUSING ON HER CAREER)... her name is Rosa Acosta, she's a model, I used to talk to her a while back.

http://imgur.com/WdhkI.jpg

Jealous?

fresh prince
11-10-2009, 06:55 PM

Holy **** son... I literally just spit Tea on my screen! Celebacy until 2010!!! That's 2 months away... Please tell me you were just making that up and not that she told you that.. And you actually believed it?

Wow...

Tony_Starks
11-10-2009, 07:09 PM
Holy **** son... I literally just spit Tea on my screen! Celebacy until 2010!!! That's 2 months away... Please tell me you were just making that up and not that she told you that.. And you actually believed it?

Wow...

She probably told him that on the way to Soulja Boy's hotel!

GAWDtv
11-11-2009, 08:54 AM
Even though he's been one of my favorite players to watch in nba history, and he is without a shadow of a doubt a future hall of famer....

if you can't contribute to the game of basketball in a positive way (I mean currently, not circa 2001), or you risk harming the pride and aura of team basketball.........then Dr. James Naismith and many of us PSDers say to you AI....GOOD RIDDENS!

I love AI's game and all the HATING PSDers are not basketball fans, they are sports WRITER fans. They don't watch games, they watch highlights and read fantasy Hoops pages. They believe the pundits more than their own eyes.

AI played a couple games for the Grizz and he was clearly their best guard. He had 7 assist in one game so he is not selfish as the MEDIA claims. If he is better than the starters he should start, he has earned that right. Why can't Conley come off the bench? Young players can learn from the reserve role. The far and away better player should start. That team with AI, Zach, M.Gasol, Mayo and Gay can compete to win in the West, too bad AI and I are the only one's that see this. :facepalm:

He has been demonized because he is a proud to be black man that wont act white and a true hero and role model to fight the powers that be.

3RDASYSTEM
11-11-2009, 10:08 AM
Couldnt have said it any better GAWDtv, CONLEY couldnt start over a 40 yr old AI....its not about stunting anyones growth cuz last time i heard CONLEY was a borderline bust but he played well over 2nd half of season last yr...just like i said all you guys do is just repeat wat others say, watch sportscenter but dont watch the games....the guy been in league 13yrs he doesnt need to be brought back slowly if they cleared him to play, im pretty sure he knows his body after all these yrs in league...HOLLINS is just trying to prove point and roll with wat STERN is tellin him,AI said he wanted to lead this young team and u cant lead from bench last time i checked,plus its also a respect factor for wat he has done for NBA since post JORDAN era...they just cant believe a 34 yr old still got game like this, at least he can do is get his 37minutes per like last yr in DET, i mean 18 and 22min in his return games, LEBRON couldnt do nothing for ya with that PT.

ChiSox219
11-11-2009, 10:29 AM
He has been demonized because he is a proud to be black man that wont act white and a true hero and role model to fight the powers that be.

:laugh2:

Always nice to start the morning with a laugh.

GAWDtv
11-11-2009, 04:15 PM
:laugh2:

Always nice to start the morning with a laugh.

You and your bwoyfriends may not like Allen Iverson however he has accomplished more than you ever will. He was so poor his SINGLE mom went without lights so he can have SHOES to practice in. YA PRACTICE. When he was the best ATHLETE in Virginia at both FOOTBALL (QB) and BASKETBALL, good enough to win All State PLayer of the Year in both BAsketball and football for leading his team to state championships in both sports, those same powers that be sent him to prison on a false conviction.

He still went on to accomplish his goals, the same goals alot of young black children share with the same obsticles in life.

So I'm sure you and your bwoyfriends wake up together and laugh at us poor folks for looking up to THE &%$$@ YOU LOVE TO HATE.

Gators123
11-11-2009, 04:51 PM

You and your bwoyfriends may not like Allen Iverson however he has accomplished more than you ever will. He was so poor his SINGLE mom went without lights so he can have SHOES to practice in. YA PRACTICE. When he was the best ATHLETE in Virginia at both FOOTBALL (QB) and BASKETBALL, good enough to win All State PLayer of the Year in both BAsketball and football for leading his team to state championships in both sports, those same powers that be sent him to prison on a false conviction.

He still went on to accomplish his goals, the same goals alot of young black children share with the same obsticles in life.

So I'm sure you and your bwoyfriends wake up together and laugh at us poor folks for looking up to THE &%$$@ YOU LOVE TO HATE.

Get out of here with that BS. This is PSD, not the "lets blame whitey forum".

ChiSox219
11-11-2009, 05:21 PM

:jumpy:

Look man, Iverson was my favorite after Jordan left, that doesn't change the fact that he's become a cancer and now thinks he's better than he really is.

SteveNash
11-11-2009, 06:10 PM

You know I can really say I'm a better player than Iverson ever was. Thought that's not saying a whole lot.

What goals has Iverson achieved? His disillusioned goal that he could lead a team to a championship, how is that going to work out again.

AI is a cancer to the NBA and the entire population, no person of any race or income should look up to AI as he simply has zero qualities to advance the human civilization.

mzgrizz
11-12-2009, 12:10 AM
[QUOTE=GAWDtv;11364088]I love AI's game and all the HATING PSDers are not basketball fans, they are sports WRITER fans. They don't watch games, they watch highlights and read fantasy Hoops pages. They believe the pundits more than their own eyes.

AI played a couple games for the Grizz and he was clearly their best guard. He had 7 assist in one game so he is not selfish as the MEDIA claims. If he is better than the starters he should start, he has earned that right. Why can't Conley come off the bench? Young players can learn from the reserve role. The far and away better player should start. That team with AI, Zach, M.Gasol, Mayo and Gay can compete to win in the West, too bad AI and I are the only one's that see this. :facepalm:

I am 100% with you, man

mzgrizz
11-12-2009, 12:12 AM
couldnt have said it any better gawdtv, conley couldnt start over a 40 yr old ai....its not about stunting anyones growth cuz last time i heard conley was a borderline bust but he played well over 2nd half of season last yr...just like i said all you guys do is just repeat wat others say, watch sportscenter but dont watch the games....the guy been in league 13yrs he doesnt need to be brought back slowly if they cleared him to play, im pretty sure he knows his body after all these yrs in league...hollins is just trying to prove point and roll with wat stern is tellin him,ai said he wanted to lead this young team and u cant lead from bench last time i checked,plus its also a respect factor for wat he has done for nba since post jordan era...they just cant believe a 34 yr old still got game like this, at least he can do is get his 37minutes per like last yr in det, i mean 18 and 22min in his return games, lebron couldnt do nothing for ya with that pt.

agree with you 2

Game_Over
11-12-2009, 01:10 AM
So I heard Earl Boykins signed with Memphis, is this just a temporary thing or a permanent move??

Gators123
11-12-2009, 01:23 AM
So I heard Earl Boykins signed with Memphis, is this just a temporary thing or a permanent move??

I think he signed with the Wizards.