PDA

View Full Version : 8-0 on the roadddddd!!!!!!

NJDEVILS
11-08-2009, 01:47 PM
Hey Devils fans! What a great start we are having this season! Did anyone see our road record????? Its 8-0! With a great finish in last game vs. the Sens. We were down 2-0, and we came out and won 3-2! Do you guys think we will break the Sabers record of 10-0????

This is our next 3 road games
1.Pens
2.Flyers
3.Preds

So will we break the record????

DevsYanksJets
11-08-2009, 03:04 PM
You really enjoy polls don't you? Lmao

NJDEVILS
11-08-2009, 03:23 PM
Lol, how do u get pictures by your name?

DevsYanksJets
11-09-2009, 02:11 AM
If we get through the Penguins the Predators should not be a problem there scoring is already anemic and I'm pretty sure Shea Weber's hurt combine that with a good offense and an on point Marty and we could definitely tie it.

Jersey Mike
11-09-2009, 12:26 PM
You really enjoy polls don't you? Lmao

hahaha...I voted and we are 100% in agreement that we can do it...hahaha

I have a lot of faith in this team / system / coach...they seem to feed off of each other and young players are stepping up to contribute...

not to mention that this system that we are playing right now is a much more offensive minded attack system with cycling in the offensive end incorparating our defensmen...My son's high school runs a very similar system and the only flaw is the deep dump...it wears other teams out and enables you to secure a lead...

Freekshow187187
11-09-2009, 02:14 PM
sorry i cant vote but to be honest the game im scared of most is philly cause we usually play close games against them but after that first game where they dominated us...im wondering if it will put doubt in are boys head or hopfully fire but we'll see when we get there one game at a time lets worry about anaheim first. oh i wont vote cause i dont wanna jinx or hex anything lol. how about clarkson and bergfors by the way we got something special with those two. and anyone see clarkson motion to neil he talks too much calling him out on the ice and drew the penalty later on and got neil kicked from the game

friarfan07
11-12-2009, 03:43 PM
i'm scared for tonight. lol. well, about as scared as one can be 17 games into a season. :D

and as nice as this best road start thing would be, i'd rather see us play better at home even if we start to drop a few on the road.

i don't know why, but the prud hasn't really been a home ice advantage like the typical NHL arena is. not sure why. :confused:

DevsYanksJets
11-12-2009, 05:04 PM
i'm scared for tonight. lol. well, about as scared as one can be 17 games into a season. :D

and as nice as this best road start thing would be, i'd rather see us play better at home even if we start to drop a few on the road.

i don't know why, but the prud hasn't really been a home ice advantage like the typical NHL arena is. not sure why. :confused:

^ Before I begin my post I will start with... HE LIVESSSS!!! Where ya been Friar its been me and Jersey Mike by ourselves for a while there lol I hope all is well. And I think they're starting to straighten out the home game they played a great one last night.

friarfan07
11-12-2009, 05:31 PM
^ lol. good to see you guys too.

i need to pop in here more. i just kind of forget about the hockey season until the new year, but that's not very diehard dev of me, now is it? :p

i'll be in more. and i'm going to a game in jan! yay. not sure when yet, but around that timeframe.

DevsYanksJets
11-13-2009, 02:12 AM
We beat the ********** PENGUINS ON THE ROAD! Holy sh** this team is good. Nicklas Bergfors way to finally ********** earn that first round draft choice. Andy Greene keep shooting the puck!!

I'm sorry for that guys but this team is out of control. I'm pretty sure we can bring up the bottom of the farm team and he might just score a hat trick with these guys.

Jersey Mike
11-13-2009, 05:56 AM
yeah, they all looked good tonight...bergfors is definitely earning his keep...he is developing quickly!!!! that was a bonehead move closing his hand on the puck but he made up for it...and how about zajac with all the assists??? that was a beauty he threaded underneath the defensman laying down to cut the passing lane off...then parise onetimed a topshelfer...good stuff indeed!!!!

and yeah friar...you and the other diehards need to step it up in here for sure...me and devsyanksjets have been holding down the first line in here...we need some support!!!

Bricklayer
11-13-2009, 10:09 AM
Andy Green just keeps impressing. I think one of the unsung heros this season has got to be Andrew Peters. He drops the gloves so Clarkson can focus on hockey. It takes a lot of pressure off Clarky, and I think he's on pace for like 20 goals 40 assists and 60 something points.

Jersey Mike
11-13-2009, 10:15 AM
and as much as I have stated my dislike for cory murphy...he has had a few good games lately...

now the night before last, that goal against us was on whitey...it trickled between marty's five hole and instead of covering the backdoor man, whitey stood along side marty and let the forward tap in an easy goal...whitey does a couple of nice things every game then makes bung hole mistakes that you wouldn't expect a veteran Defenseman his size to make...

theciveng
11-13-2009, 11:02 AM
if we're gonna at least tie the record its gonna be tough. The flyers have won 5 in a row and they always play us tough. I think if we're going to beat them then the dev's need to play a full 60. the last 2 road games they only played 30 great minutes and a bad other 30.

With all that said i believe that they will get it. This is a great team right now and martys playing great. There getting it.

friarfan07
11-13-2009, 04:42 PM
marty kept us in it for the 1st period, and then we just put the foot to their throats.

we're the class of the NHL right now. and what better place to tie the record than in philly? oh man i would love to see that.

bergfors for first quarter ROTY, hands down.

DevsYanksJets
11-13-2009, 06:02 PM
I will try to answer all these posts in one long post respectively. (Not like I'm all knowing or anything I just wanna get my opinion out and this is the first time there's so many i've missed lmao!)

I love how Zajac had those assists true to his Center position he's making plays I can't remember the last time we had a Center who was dishing the puck this well.

And yeah Andy Greene just flicking it in from the point is having ridiculous effect. I know the Devils work a lot on deflections in practice (I know they did last year I imagine they still do) and Greene's shot is just working out perfectly between hitting defenders skates and hitting guys in front of the net. And yeah if Andrew Peters can drop the glove in Clarky's place I think we're in really good shape, you don't want a guy like Clarkson trying to do too much, I think this whole N.H.L scoring touch thing is new to him (him dekeing the defenders the other night?!?!!?).

Whitey is ehh, its not like he's going anywhere if his play manages to improve good for us. If it doesn't not much else we can do till his contract is up. Although Corey Murphy must've really woken up on his trip to the waiver wire. Nobody wants to go from private flights 5 star hotels and restaurants to busses and motels in the minors, and seeing how nobody picked him up must've really jolted him. He should be able to hold his own though and just be a responsible defenseman thats all the team really needs of him nothing too serious, and chip in the puck from the point on the PP nothing too special so hopefully he'll keep up the responsible play.

I think as far as the Flyers go if we solve Emery we should be fine I think Brodeur's really taking to the little bit of extra rest he's getting which brings me to Yahn Danis who I was really happy we signed I think the kids a greattt back up.

And Friar on Bergfors I'll keep it short and simple with a, x2.