PDA

View Full Version : Brook Lopez and Derrick Rose [Again]

Illuminati999
11-08-2009, 03:04 AM
So how many more games, if not seasons, is it going to take for people to start realizing Brook Lopez should have been drafted number 1 overall in 2008? I understand many people as it is already would pick Lopez over Rose, I'm definitely one of them, but how long, assuming they continue to play the way they are this season, until Lopez is finally getting the hype he deserves over Rose?

2008 Stats
Rose: 47.5% FG, 78.8% FT, .8 STL, .2 BLK, 3.9 RBD, 6.3 AST, 16.8 PPG
Lopez: 53.1% FG, 79.3% FT, .5 STL, 1.8 BLK, 8.1 RBD, 1 AST, 13.0 PPG

2009 Stats
Rose: 40.3% FG, 68.8% FT, .6 STL, .4 BLK, 3.2 RBD, 6.0 AST, 12.2 PPG
Lopez: 54.0% FG, 75.0% FT, .5 STL, 2.3 BLK, 7.9 RBD, 1.8 AST, 17.2 PPG

You can give excuses for injuries, teammates, or whatever to justify why the stats are the way they are, so far anyways. It's not a speculation question, it's a, when is Lopez going to be considered the best player in the 2008 draft, type of question.

On a side note/question: Is anyone surprised to see how good of a passer Lopez is for a big center? He seems to be a better passer and shot blocker than Dwight? Maybe not, it's only been 6 or 7 games and last season's stats, time will tell.

Though, Lopez is definitely looking like an All Star center, that's for damn sure... I'll make a poll to see how many of you think he is or isn't going to be one this season.

LeBron2NYK
11-08-2009, 03:05 AM
To me it'd be like asking in 2006 who you'd rather have, Chris Paul or Dwight Howard. You know they're both gonna develop into all stars, just be happy with either one.

Shady66
11-08-2009, 03:05 AM
Rose is playing injured right now, obviously his stats arent as good. Once hes back to 100 % i expect him to continue where he left off.

1-800-STFU
11-08-2009, 03:07 AM
I love these baiting Rose vs the world threads.

Illuminati999
11-08-2009, 03:09 AM

I love how Rose is suppose to be better than CP3 and Williams. Saying he would be a broke man's Tony Parker would be way too generous.

abe_froman
11-08-2009, 03:12 AM

yes i do to

i just find that so many supposed "non-bulls" fans get so obsessive over one of our players.i mean they cant stop thinking or talking about him..kinda creepy if you ask me

Illuminati999
11-08-2009, 03:18 AM
yes i do to

i just find that so many supposed "non-bulls" fans get so obsessive over one of our players.i mean they cant stop thinking or talking about him..kinda creepy if you ask me

"Non-bulls" fans? I actually really like Brad Miller and John Salmons. Both have rocky starts this season though. I don't love or hate the Bulls. Some players I like more than others. Generally over-hyped players - I don't like so much. But way to make it about the Bulls when it's really about how awesome Lopez is playing this season. It's not even that Rose is talentless, it's just how awesome Lopez is...

nolin
11-08-2009, 03:23 AM
"Non-bulls" fans? I actually really like Brad Miller and John Salmons. Both have rocky starts this season though. I don't love or hate the Bulls. Some players I like more than others. Generally over-hyped players - I don't like so much. But way to make it about the Bulls when it's really about how awesome Lopez is playing this season. It's not even that Rose is talentless, it's just how awesome Lopez is...

your an idiot. nets 0-7. bulls 4-2, only thing that matter right now. if lopez was so great the nets would not be 0-7 buddy

abe_froman
11-08-2009, 03:25 AM

well if you think he's overhyped why continue talk about him all the time.by making threads your just feeding it.

and lopez is awesome its a shame and very stupid on many gm's part,that he fell as far as he did,but the bulls didnt take him because he wasnt as high of a prospect as rose or beasley,plus they had already invested the future c mantle upon noah(though lopez is and will always be better),so because of those two things, it didnt warrant picking him

and i would have done the same thing

Run&Gun
11-08-2009, 03:38 AM
your an idiot. nets 0-7. bulls 4-2, only thing that matter right now. if lopez was so great the nets would not be 0-7 buddy

That's pretty unfair to say when you look at the Bulls roster versus the Nets roster. Lopez has literally no one to work with and everyone on his team is injured. They don't have one consistent scorer on that team besides him, where as the bulls have a lot of depth. I dare say that as of now the Net's roster is as bad as the Timberwolves right now with all the injuries.

ecorrea
11-08-2009, 03:49 AM
wow, what a hater this guy is...

why make a poll if the option for rose is just ridiculous 'No (I love Rose and I hate that Lopez is better than Rose.)' .... really dude?

hate hate hate ... where are you from and how did rose rub you the wrong way?

ChiSox219
11-08-2009, 03:50 AM
That's pretty unfair to say when you look at the Bulls roster versus the Nets roster. Lopez has literally no one to work with and everyone on his team is injured. They don't have one consistent scorer on that team besides him, where as the bulls have a lot of depth. I dare say that as of now the Net's roster is as bad as the Timberwolves right now with all the injuries.

With that you could argue while Lopez is a primary option his stats will always look better than Rose's who has a strong supporting.

Both players are outstanding prospects, I'm grateful the Bulls have Rose and Nets fans should be grateful for Lopez, who cares which player gets more hype?

ecorrea
11-08-2009, 03:51 AM
and how are you gonna put up stats after 6 games ...

and... roses stats are better in their rookie seasons

Bulls_fan90
11-08-2009, 04:43 AM
I'd take Mike James over both. Mike James>The rest of the world.

JabberJaw
11-08-2009, 05:38 AM
We're not even 10 games into the season and we're already hearing that Lopez is a better shot blocker than Dwight? LMAO! D.P.O.Y. enough said. It's not to hard to manifest a decent stat line on a terrible team. In that case, than Chris Kaman is the most dominant center in the league. Check out his stats.
Rose vs. Lopez is debatable. Rose is asked to run a team. Where as Lopez has far less responsibility on a team that doesn't look to be playoff bound. Lopez looks to be headed into a long, successful career, but when you start comparing him to Dwight and saying all sorts of ridiculous things this early in the season it just gets obsurd. Dwight is arguably the best center in the game. The same cannot be said about Lopez. Rose and Lopez were seperated by a few spots in the draft....who cares? Who knows how they would do, had they switched places/teams? A few games into the season will not prove anything.

Draco
11-08-2009, 05:42 AM

Perpetuated by the same group of stat geek losers.

evadatam5150
11-08-2009, 06:00 AM
So how many more games, if not seasons, is it going to take for people to start realizing Brook Lopez should have been drafted number 1 overall in 2008? I understand many people as it is already would pick Lopez over Rose, I'm definitely one of them, but how long, assuming they continue to play the way they are this season, until Lopez is finally getting the hype he deserves over Rose?

2008 Stats
Rose: 47.5% FG, 78.8% FT, .8 STL, .2 BLK, 3.9 RBD, 6.3 AST, 16.8 PPG
Lopez: 53.1% FG, 79.3% FT, .5 STL, 1.8 BLK, 8.1 RBD, 1 AST, 13.0 PPG

2009 Stats
Rose: 40.3% FG, 68.8% FT, .6 STL, .4 BLK, 3.2 RBD, 6.0 AST, 12.2 PPG
Lopez: 54.0% FG, 75.0% FT, .5 STL, 2.3 BLK, 7.9 RBD, 1.8 AST, 17.2 PPG

You can give excuses for injuries, teammates, or whatever to justify why the stats are the way they are, so far anyways. It's not a speculation question, it's a, when is Lopez going to be considered the best player in the 2008 draft, type of question.

On a side note/question: Is anyone surprised to see how good of a passer Lopez is for a big center? He seems to be a better passer and shot blocker than Dwight? Maybe not, it's only been 6 or 7 games and last season's stats, time will tell.

Though, Lopez is definitely looking like an All Star center, that's for damn sure... I'll make a poll to see how many of you think he is or isn't going to be one this season.

To me the main question here is when are you going to stop being such a HOMER...???? :facepalm:

Get it in your head already, Lopez isn't better than Howard as you've intimated before and sure, the team you're on and the players surrounding you will absolutely help or negate your numbers to some degree.. You should also take into consideration what impact Lopez is having on his team in terms of Wins and Losses and then consider the same with Rose.. I think the answer should come to you rather quickly..

Tblaze
11-08-2009, 07:41 AM
Nets are 0-7. And saying Lopez doesn't have a supporting cast is even a bigger reason to assume his stats aren't a true reflection of his skills.