PDA

View Full Version : Could Mike Mussina make a comeback?

Ty Fast
11-08-2009, 12:31 AM
The Yanks need a starting pitcher and he has not won a ring yet. I think it would be the perfect fit for both sides. What do you think?

Lindystud36
11-08-2009, 12:43 AM
He would have come back this summer if that was what he wanted?
He is happy retired, i think he said that in an interview this summer.

I wish he had a ring though.

jman
11-08-2009, 01:04 AM
man dude that would be bad *** we should be unstoppable i mean i hope he still has that knuckle curve in him he will be a better pitcher than pedro lol **** him. but yes i would like mussina back from retirement so we can go back to back

Brett19
11-08-2009, 01:08 AM
We need a starting pitcher?

Ty Fast
11-08-2009, 01:11 AM
It makes perfect baseball sense because that is what the Yanks need and he could get 10 million to come and win a ring, which he does not have.

Brett19
11-08-2009, 01:13 AM
CC - AJ - Andy - Joba - Hughes

Andy will be back, and Joba/Hughes are both starters and will be in the rotation next year. Why would they give Mike Mussina 10 million dollars to come back after not pitching for a year?

Ty Fast
11-08-2009, 01:19 AM
CC - AJ - Andy - Joba - Hughes

Andy will be back, and Joba/Hughes are both starters and will be in the rotation next year. Why would they give Mike Mussina 10 million dollars to come back after not pitching for a year?

you don't like my idea?

infernoscurse
11-08-2009, 01:19 AM
^^^yanks would be dumb to count on both hughes and joba as 4 and 5

Ty Fast
11-08-2009, 01:27 AM
All I am saying is instead of dishing out like 50 or 60 or 100 million to John Lackey for another starter, why not bring back Mussina for 10 mill or even less. Maybe 7 or 8. He would be welcomed back with open arms and would be a great bargin.

Brett19
11-08-2009, 01:29 AM

Why is that?

I suppose they could sign a free agent/bring Mitre or Gaudin back in order to put Hughes down in AAA to increase his innings limit but someday, Hughes and Joba will be in the rotation together. No matter how much some Yanks fan ***** and moan about them being in the pen being better for the team, it's not. Any good pitcher can make a bullpen role look easy like they do. Both Hughes and Joba have the tools to be effective starters.

11-08-2009, 01:29 AM
I wish Moose would have played this season, it would great to see him get a WS ring. Also if Pedro still thinks he can pitch I'm sure Moose could do as good (most likely) better job than Pedro.

infernoscurse
11-08-2009, 01:46 AM
Why is that?

I suppose they could sign a free agent/bring Mitre or Gaudin back in order to put Hughes down in AAA to increase his innings limit but someday, Hughes and Joba will be in the rotation together. No matter how much some Yanks fan ***** and moan about them being in the pen being better for the team, it's not. Any good pitcher can make a bullpen role look easy like they do. Both Hughes and Joba have the tools to be effective starters.

i agree but only one pitcher should be built up

joba will be a starter, but hes yet to stabelize his spot and hughes doesnt have the innings this year to be able to go a complete year next year so thats going to be chaos

remember when we had our 4th and 5th hughes and kennedy and they didnt have a plan b , yeah that backfired

misterd
11-08-2009, 01:54 AM
i agree but only one pitcher should be built up

joba will be a starter, but hes yet to stabelize his spot and hughes doesnt have the innings this year to be able to go a complete year next year so thats going to be chaos

remember when we had our 4th and 5th hughes and kennedy and they didnt have a plan b , yeah that backfired

Plan B was Joba, also injured, and Wang also got injured and plan C was Igawa.

However we're talking Joba and Hughes in the 4 and 5 hole, not in the 2-3 spot. I'm willing to bet one of them will work out, and a 5th starter is not that hard toreplace.

natepro
11-08-2009, 02:02 AM
man dude that would be bad *** we should be unstoppable i mean i hope he still has that knuckle curve in him he will be a better pitcher than pedro lol **** him. but yes i would like mussina back from retirement so we can go back to back

This is an awesome post.

Your Name Here
11-08-2009, 02:04 AM
This is an awesome post.

Can you translate it into English? Cause I'd like to know what's so awesome about it.

natepro
11-08-2009, 02:05 AM
Can you translate it into English? Cause I'd like to know what's so awesome about it.

Maybe someday. Rosetta Stone hasn't come out with a language pack for... that.. yet.

infernoscurse
11-08-2009, 02:09 AM
Plan B was Joba, also injured, and Wang also got injured and plan C was Igawa.

However we're talking Joba and Hughes in the 4 and 5 hole, not in the 2-3 spot. I'm willing to bet one of them will work out, and a 5th starter is not that hard toreplace.

yeah and my money is on joba, i just cant see the yanks going into next year without getting a back of the rotation starter as insurance

BomberFan
11-08-2009, 02:16 AM
We have Joba and Hughes who can possibly be 4 and 5, but for right now I'd count on at least one of them in the rotation. And for the last starter, we use either Wang or Gaudin. Right now, I'd prefer Gaudin considering how well he preformed during the end of the season. Also, I'm not really positive how ready Wang will be with his arm situation, so if the season started today I'd definitely go with Gaudin over Wang.

My 2010 rotation goes as:

C.C - A.J - Pettite - Joba/Hughes - Gaudin

11-08-2009, 02:18 AM
We have Joba and Hughes who can possibly be 4 and 5, but for right now I'd count on at least one of them in the rotation. And for the last starter, we use either Wang or Gaudin. Right now, I'd prefer Gaudin considering how well he preformed during the end of the season. Also, I'm not really positive how ready Wang will be with his arm situation, so if the season started today I'd definitely go with Gaudin over Wang.

My 2010 rotation goes as:

C.C - A.J - Pettite - Joba/Hughes - Gaudin

The Yankees are not going to want two unsure starters in their rotation. It is the reason why they went with a 3 man rotation through the post season. I bet they dip into free agency for a starter.

infernoscurse
11-08-2009, 02:22 AM
i say they go after a buy low guy like erick bedard

Ty Fast
11-08-2009, 03:11 AM
The Yankees are not going to want two unsure starters in their rotation. It is the reason why they went with a 3 man rotation through the post season. I bet they dip into free agency for a starter.

Lackey

scottythegreat1
11-08-2009, 10:37 AM
i say they go after a buy low guy like erick bedard

Yankees NEVER buy low, they will try to get Lackey.

fanofclendennon
11-08-2009, 11:11 AM
Why sign Mussina when they can sign Lackey? Why re-sign Matsui and Damon when they can sign both Bay and Holliday?

Havoc Wreaker
11-08-2009, 11:22 AM
This is an awesome post.

:laugh2:

Totally random hate on Pedro.

thomass
11-08-2009, 11:32 AM
Why sign Mussina when they can sign Lackey? Why re-sign Matsui and Damon when they can sign both Bay and Holliday?

must be nice

fanofclendennon
11-08-2009, 12:12 PM
I'm sure it must. Why go fly fishing when you can just shoot them in a barrel?

chaos47
11-08-2009, 12:43 PM
who in their right mind could honestly say moose would be better than pedro was this year. pedro was a shut down pitcher and dominant for a stretch in the late 90's early 2000's. Mussina was just a very good pitcher, don't get me wrong, but he is not in pedro's league. he looked like a broken down pitcher towards the end of last year, now he would be another year older. I don't think it would be a good signing by the yankees.

Pavelb1
11-08-2009, 01:04 PM

Hughes and Joba would be fine 4 and 5 starters....at least they would have been by now if their development wasn't so jacked up.

gregd111
11-08-2009, 01:05 PM
Moose isnt too much of a peoples person. He would hinder the chemistry this Yankees team developed this year. Plus, who wants to take a chance on an old guy who just took an entire year off.

Im not going to count on both Hughes and Joba giving us a solid 200 innings, but Moose is certainly not the answer.

11-08-2009, 01:07 PM
who in their right mind could honestly say moose would be better than pedro was this year. pedro was a shut down pitcher and dominant for a stretch in the late 90's early 2000's. Mussina was just a very good pitcher, don't get me wrong, but he is not in pedro's league. he looked like a broken down pitcher towards the end of last year, now he would be another year older. I don't think it would be a good signing by the yankees.

You do realize he won 20 games and had an ERA of 3.37 in his final season right? Far from being broken down. Also Pedro did not even play for half a season this year, he was good in his starts but your making it seem like the guy was just filthy.

Pavelb1
11-08-2009, 01:07 PM
Andruw Jones and Chipper Jones reaction to Jimmy Rollins World Series prediction. They know first hand how bad the Yankees will beat you in the post season.

More like Andruw Jones reaction to how much the Dodgers are paying him to eat ding dongs, and Chippers reaction to his 2009