PDA

View Full Version : Is this the year Rudy Gay becomes a superstar?

NYtilIdie
11-08-2009, 12:17 AM
Rudy Gay has been doing great so far he's averaging 20 ppg and with a team that has Z-Bo and Mayo thats pretty good.

Gay has amazing potential and I think he can become a 26-28 ppg player if he pushes himself. I think he needs to leave the Griz if he wants to reach his potential because there is just too many "me first" players on that team.

He also needs to work on his defense too, he has great athlethism which could really benefit him into becoming a great defender.

what do you guys thinks.

daleja424
11-08-2009, 12:18 AM
no... gay will never be a superstar...there are at least 10 people in line ahead of him...

Toenail Clipper
11-08-2009, 12:18 AM
He can easily become a cheap LeBron, but he needs to work on his jumpshot; OJ Mayo will surpass him.

MiamiHeat
11-08-2009, 12:20 AM
no

Chronz
11-08-2009, 12:39 AM
His D has still been horrible, one of the main reasons why I wont follow the Grizzlies unless AI does thrive is because I cant stand the sight of a man so physically talented look solely for the highlight play on both ends. Mostly his defense, he gets lost and doubles at the worst possible time usually ending up in a layup for his man.

Kakaroach
11-08-2009, 12:41 AM
You never know, maybe if he learns to play some defense. But yeah I like him, he's a solid player.

b_rad23
11-08-2009, 12:45 AM
I was under the impression he was solid/good defensively

reemy
11-08-2009, 12:54 AM
He can easily become a cheap LeBron, but he needs to work on his jumpshot; OJ Mayo will surpass him.

whats wrong with his jumpshot?

I Am Awesome-O
11-08-2009, 12:55 AM
Rudy will always be a great offensive player, but he is abhorrent on the defensive end. A lot of times, his bad defense cancels out his great offensive performance.

I Am Awesome-O
11-08-2009, 12:56 AM

Far from it.

Chronz
11-08-2009, 01:25 AM
I did after watching some of his rookie season, but apparently he doesnt even know the definition of maintaining a proper defensive stance.

What was it that fooled you? I know what got me, but I wasnt paying attention to the #'s.

Chronz
11-08-2009, 01:26 AM

He was one of the best midrange shooters 2 years ago, and still above average last year

mzgrizz
11-08-2009, 01:40 AM

No, he is not. He's better than he was last year, but it's still not good enough.

Hellcrooner
11-08-2009, 01:44 AM
1 No D

2 Does not cr fore anybody not named Rudy and surnamed Gay

3 HORRIBLE shot selection

4 Passing? Open man? Whats that?

5 Inconsistent , one day he is great the other he sucks.

6 Does not sacrifice hsi numbers the sightest bit for the welfare of his team.

7 No IQ

8 Often disconects from teh game and acts like he does not care.

9 If his jumper is nt working he does not focs n d or tryes to look for a teamante nd a good night he GOES on shooting , the game ends Memphis Lost he made 40 points but shot a 18% , he is satisied with it.

Wellcome your next Antoine Walker.

mzgrizz
11-08-2009, 01:49 AM
1 No D

2 Does not cr fore anybody not named Rudy and surnamed Gay

3 HORRIBLE shot selection

4 Passing? Open man? Whats that?

5 Inconsistent , one day he is great the other he sucks.

6 Does not sacrifice hsi numbers the sightest bit for the welfare of his team.

7 No IQ

8 Often disconects from teh game and acts like he does not care.

9 If his jumper is nt working he does not focs n d or tryes to look for a teamante nd a good night he GOES on shooting , the game ends Memphis Lost he made 40 points but shot a 18% , he is satisied with it.

Wellcome your next Antoine Walker.

HAHAHHAH You must be watching this Grizz/Clippers game!

Hellcrooner
11-08-2009, 01:53 AM
no im not unfortunately

BUt i have seen him do it nce and again anda again in many games.

Oh i forgot

10 Turnover machine

Chronz
11-08-2009, 01:55 AM
WOW when you dont like someone they are horrible and completely inept at everything arent they. Hes not THAT bad bro relax.

Hellcrooner
11-08-2009, 01:57 AM
im pissed ever since they traded hi for BAttier, ne of the real BEST players in the league even if he is nt flashy or scores too much.

Chronz
11-08-2009, 01:59 AM
LOL just as I say that Gay jumps at the most obvious up fake, hogs the ball and forces my teams own announcers to point out how irritated the rest of the Grizz look when Gay chucks and misses.

Hellcrooner
11-08-2009, 02:01 AM
they be much better of trqading him, specially since he wont resign,

_KB24_
11-08-2009, 02:01 AM
Superstar seems to be a stretch.....

But I see him developing into a young star, kind of like the leap Granger made last year.

Raph12
11-08-2009, 02:05 AM
He's playing behind Mayo mostly, I don't think two young wings have it in them to coexist and compliment one-another so early in their careers.

Hellcrooner
11-08-2009, 02:07 AM
Gay cant coexist with oher scorer on the team.

He tred to ouscore and outshoot Pau every game ever since he joined the team.

He is Selfish , Simple as that.

Chronz
11-08-2009, 02:07 AM
LMFAO at the outcome of the game being decided heavily by Gay's lack of IQ. Yea I take it back bro Gay had great stats but he killed his teams chances with his defense. He basically sent us to the line when his teammates worked hard defensively. God damn I hate watching this guy. I maintain that hes got upside and on a rare occasion can fool you into thinking hes good. Grizz suck

Chronz
11-08-2009, 02:08 AM
He's playing behind Mayo mostly, I don't think two young wings have it in them to coexist and compliment one-another so early in their careers.

Not of the ball hog variety

Hellcrooner
11-08-2009, 02:10 AM
so Chronz.

Does my analysis look like Correct?

MrFastBreak
11-08-2009, 10:29 AM
He does not do anything other than score. A superstar is more than a scorer. (see Kobe Bryant, LeBron James) They play defense, they pass the ball/get assists, they're leaders. Right now, he's not a superstar. He's just a star. I really don't think he'll become one this year. It's gonna take a while for him to become a superstar, if he even becomes one.

Hawkeye15
11-08-2009, 09:26 PM
Gay is capable of being on espn all night. He is a good scorer from all over. He isn't a passer at all, actually refusing at times. But some of that may be from that team atmosphere, since they have Mayo and Randolph who are both black holes. If he gets the ball, he is afraid to move it or he may never see it again. Plus he is in a contract year and knows it. His defense on the ball is alright, but he gets totally lost sometimes, and has no idea where his man is. Sadly enough, because LeBron, Wade, and Bosh will command so much attention, some team (like my Wolves), will swoop in and give him a $11-12/yr deal, and overpay for him. He produces 20/7, but is pretty inefficient in doing so. He will become a good/very good player who is overpaid.

Gambeezy
11-08-2009, 10:04 PM
You may be undervaluing the word 'Superstar'. Gay has the potential to be a fantastic 2nd option if he learns how to play defense, but I don't see him reaching Durant or Granger's level. I like playing with him in 2K tho :)

albertc86
11-08-2009, 10:06 PM
Even if Rudy Gay was to become a superstar his jersey probably wouldn't sell that much.

Gambeezy
11-08-2009, 10:10 PM
Even if Rudy Gay was to become a superstar his jersey probably wouldn't sell that much.

:laugh2: Yea his last name is an endorsement nightmare. I can see it now.

Rudy Gay: "Gaytorade, that's G"

Toenail Clipper
11-08-2009, 10:13 PM
so Chronz.

Does my analysis look like Correct?

Do you love Chronz?
Seems like you are desperate for a positive reply.

mzgrizz
11-08-2009, 10:16 PM
I think Rudy can be exciting and explosive to watch offensively, but he tries to do too much on his own. He can get really selfish when he has the ball and the team is suffering or he may be part of why they suffer.
On a different team where they only need an athletically gifted offensive;no defensive presence; he could be a "superstar". IMO that term is used WAY too loosely.

Chronz
11-08-2009, 10:39 PM
Do you love Chronz?

R u Gay?

Toenail Clipper
11-08-2009, 10:41 PM
R u Gay?

Certainly not. Are you gay?

Chronz
11-08-2009, 10:43 PM
Im Rudy but Im not gay

mzgrizz
11-08-2009, 10:51 PM
Do you love Chronz?

Come on toenail, give the guy a break. He's asking for validation.
That's something everyone needs,eh?

Toenail Clipper
11-08-2009, 10:53 PM
Come on toenail, give the guy a break. He's asking for validation.
That's something everyone needs,eh?

haha, I'm validating him by asking him if he likes Chronz.

mzgrizz
11-08-2009, 10:58 PM
I swear, will these juvenile Gay jokes ever end?

kjoke
11-08-2009, 11:09 PM
i dont think he will, on a side note is he does can you imagine a superstar whose jersey wont even sell

mrblisterdundee
11-08-2009, 11:34 PM
The Memphis Grizzlies will be too anemic for Gay to become an all-star. Gay will also have to handle the ball better. In the west, for now, it's Carmello Anthony and Kevin Durant as the main small forwards. I would also give Marion a better chance of being an all-star than Gay.

BkOriginalOne
11-08-2009, 11:50 PM
No.
Rudy Gay is Pippen minus most of the talent.
Gay's ceiling is Granger last season.

Hellcrooner
11-08-2009, 11:50 PM
god i wish griz didnt trade for mayo.

if we are bout to joke.How bout a Wing combination

of

GAY-LOVE??????

Toenail Clipper
11-09-2009, 12:06 AM
god i wish griz didnt trade for mayo.

if we are bout to joke.How bout a Wing combination

of

GAY-LOVE??????

Why did the Wolves draft Mayo and ended up trading him in the first place?

Spurred1
11-09-2009, 12:39 AM
I swear, will these juvenile Gay jokes ever end?

What do you think? :eyebrow:

Hellcrooner
11-09-2009, 12:41 AM
they will end. everntually .......when its more than 24 hours and no one posts anthing related to KObe or Lebron.

koreancabbage
11-09-2009, 01:29 AM
they will end. everntually .......when its more than 24 hours and no one posts anthing related to KObe or Lebron.

LOL

Gay is not a superstar- he's not even a star yet- lets make the all-star game first and then we'll talk. Not likely though considering you have Kobe, Carmelo, and Roy.