PDA

View Full Version : Chris Sherican: Lebron to Miami in 2010?

Pages : [1] 2

daleja424
11-07-2009, 06:06 PM
EW YORK -- LeBron James dropped a bit of a bomb on the entire NBA when he spoke his final sentence Friday night before leaving Madison Square Garden, a statement that should leave everyone in Cleveland, New York and elsewhere -- especially in Miami -- wondering exactly what the King meant by those parting words.

"As a kid I visualized playing for almost every team in the NBA," James said. "Right now, I visualize playing with a lot of guys in the NBA. There are a lot of great individual basketball players that I would love to be alongside of and try to contend for an NBA championship.

"I think at the end of the day, a max deal or anything like that doesn't really matter to me at the end of the day. It's all about winning for me. So I've put myself in a position that when that day comes next summer, I want to win, and if I feel like the team is capable of winning, I'll make my decision like that."

Did you catch that part in the middle? The part about how a max deal doesn't really matter at the end of the day?

That, folks, could be a game-changer -- a statement of epic proportions that could shake up everyone's preconceived notions about who has the best chance of landing the game's best young player.

Cleveland, of course, can offer James the most money -- a six-year deal in the range of $120 million. The Knicks and the Nets have the salary cap space to give James the maximum they are allowed to offer -- a five-year deal in the mid-to-high $90 million range.

And then there are the Heat, who already have a max player in Dwyane Wade and who would like to add two more max-level players if Pat Riley can charm those two players into signing for something less than the max, giving all three players (let's assume Riley will shoot for the stars and go after James and Chris Bosh, while also retaining Wade) opt-out clauses after three years. Put those three together with Michael Beasley and Mario Chalmers, and that right there is a bona fide powerhouse.
And you know what? As farfetched as that idea sounds, it certainly became much more plausible after hearing what James had to say after dropping 33 points, nine assists and eight rebounds on the Knicks in a 100-91 victory Friday night.

It wasn't much of a game, the Cavs storming out to a 40-21 lead after one quarter and then holding off the Knicks for the rest of the evening, James providing the finishing touches after New York pulled within nine. First, he assisted on a jumper by Mo Williams, then after grabbing a defensive rebound, he sank one of the several fadeaway jumpers he was nailing all night. An assist on a corner 3 by Anthony Parker made it a 14-point game, and all there was to do after that was wait for the final horn and watch James walk over to shake hands with several member of the World Series champion New York Yankees, his favorite baseball team.

Asked what he'll remember most fondly about the night, he replied:

"The atmosphere, just that the atmosphere was great," James said. "There were a lot of stars in the building, and it's humbling to have guys like the Yankees come out and Jay-Z. It's really, really humbling to see some of the [football] Giants out, John Legend; I saw Chris Rock. You almost feel like you're a performer sitting on a stage and they're watching you perform."

"Humbling" is a phrase you really wouldn't expect to come out of James' mouth, because humblers do not usually describe themselves as humbled.

James has already made it abundantly clear that he enjoys playing at Madison Square Garden more than any other arena in the league, and the vibrancy of New York makes it his favorite city in America.

But the guy strongly, strongly reiterated that winning is the No. 1 priority on his wish list.

(An aside here, but it shouldn't go unmentioned that he dressed differently, too, his fashion consultant outfitting him in a black ski cap, Dita designer eyeglasses and a black and white-striped tie that somehow managed to blend with a black and white plaid shirt.)

So he looked a little different, and he sounded different, too, with that line about the max money.

Now we have that factor added to the equation -- along with James' pregame statement that "I'm not going to rush it" when it comes to making a decision soon after July 1.

At the very least, it most certainly adds an interesting wrinkle to the possibilities that will be in play when the Summer of LeBron finally rolls around.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=sheridan_chris&page=sheridanlbj-091107

a Wade/James/Bosh pairing could be the best the league has ever seen...

daleja424
11-07-2009, 06:06 PM
misspelled the title...sorry...

abe_froman
11-07-2009, 06:09 PM
you hope.

as for the scenario in the article,would be greatest team ever but its unrealistic,the confluence of events that would have to take place are unimaginably slim to get all 3 on the same team.it would never happen

bigsams50
11-07-2009, 06:10 PM
Lebron and Wade would just be......WOW

nstojic
11-07-2009, 06:11 PM
Lebron and Wade would just be......WOW

remember... only one ball out there...

King Koopa
11-07-2009, 06:14 PM

Jordan and Pippen also only had one ball. :rolleyes:

HuRRiCaNeS324
11-07-2009, 06:15 PM
I don't really believe him when he says that a max deal doesn't matter. It's almost too god to be true for Lebron to come here to Miami and play alongside with Wade and maybe another star. I hope it happens, but i doubt it does.

daleja424
11-07-2009, 06:17 PM

and pierce, kg, rondo, and allen only have one ball...

and duncan, manu, and parker only have one ball...

HuRRiCaNeS324
11-07-2009, 06:17 PM

And?? It's not like Wade and Lebron are notorious ball hoggers. They're far from it and if they do play with each other, that wouldn't be a problem.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-07-2009, 06:18 PM
OMG this is so exciting, articles about 2010 summer's free acengy:rolleyes:

THE SUMMER IS 9 MONTHS AWAY...DUMMIES:facepalm:...ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN

abe_froman
11-07-2009, 06:19 PM

allen was on a lower tier and rondo wasnt a star(still isnt),more over parker and manu were drafted and not brought in as already established superstars

ARMIN12NBA
11-07-2009, 06:20 PM

This. ^

If they do all unite (Lebron/Wade/Bosh), then they are going to have to do some SERIOUS sacrificing of individual statistics and I don't believe any of them want to do that based on their obsession with statistics and past comments/actions.

MiamiHeat
yeah I think is possible but I don't see it happening
although I would want it to happen, I would forget how much I hate the Lebron James hype and welcome him to MIA :D

I don't see a Lebron/Wade/Bosh team ever happening
maybe Wade/Bosh or Lebron/Wade but not all three

daleja424
And?? It's not like Wade and Lebron are notorious ball hoggers. They're far from it and if they do play with each other, that wouldn't be a problem.

this... lets look at the olympic's when the nba's 15 bets players somehow manage to put their pride aside for a gold medal. u don't think wade and lebron would do it for nba titleS

ARMIN12NBA
11-07-2009, 06:22 PM

For guys who are supposedly not ball hoggers, they do hog the ball a hell of a lot. :laugh2:

daleja424
11-07-2009, 06:23 PM
This. ^

If they do all unite (Lebron/Wade/Bosh), then they are going to have to do some SERIOUS sacrificing of individual statistics and I don't believe any of them want to do that based on their obsession with statistics and past comments/actions.

how are they obsessed with stats? Wade has said several times he doesnt like having to take over games and would rather be a facilitator...

none of them are anymore self centered then boston's or SA's big three... shoot, even the lakers have a ton of "stat guys"

somehow those team manage to win...I think lebron and wade can figure it out

BTownTeamsRKing
11-07-2009, 06:23 PM
This. ^

you are right. thats why i dont buy any of this Lebron/Wade team. or Wade/Bosh or Amare/Lebron stuff. these guys are still young want the superstardom. they cant have it with another superstar next to them.

daleja424
11-07-2009, 06:24 PM
For guys who are supposedly not ball hoggers, they do hog the ball a hell of a lot. :laugh2:

not anymore then any of the games great players... melo, cp3, deron williams, kobe, etc...

and they do it b/c they don't have a ton of talent around them

just look at this year tho...wade's stats are down in every category, but the HEAT are winning and he couldn't be happier

daleja424
11-07-2009, 06:25 PM
you are right. thats why i dont buy any of this Lebron/Wade team. or Wade/Bosh or Amare/Lebron stuff. these guys are still young want the superstardom. they cant have it with another superstar next to them.

these are not youngsters anymore. They are guys entering or in their prime. Wade has tasted success and wants back. Lebron and Bosh have said all offseason it's about winning...

you guys are selling these players short...not everyone is Allen Iverson

nstojic
11-07-2009, 06:26 PM

that because pippen knew what jordan was to the team and to the nba.. he NEVER tried to play out of his role... i don't see the same for wade/james... two guys who eliminate the PG role on their teams...

and i don't mean that of wade.. i just don't think lebron would get it.. he'd want to be jordan and have wade as pippen, iMO

nstojic
11-07-2009, 06:28 PM
not anymore then any of the games great players... melo, cp3, deron williams, kobe, etc...

just look at this year tho...wade's stats are down in every category, but the HEAT are winning and he couldn't be happier

just wait until JO sits for 30 games with injury... or Beas does something stupid..

Litchris12
doubt it will happen

abe_froman
cant wait till this is over with so fans can stop living in fantasy land were they bring in 3 2010 guys,then trade for paul(cuz hornets suck),and hey magic will take our scrubs for howard and "we'll have a team of paul/wade/lebron/bosh/howard all on my fav team.it can happen!its realistic i swear"

ARMIN12NBA
this... lets look at the olympic's when the nba's 15 bets players somehow manage to put their pride aside for a gold medal. u don't think wade and lebron would do it for nba titleS

They would not do it for NBA Titles because the NBA and the Media stresses statistics for when they dole out attention.

Those players were able to do it for the Olympics because it didn't affect their career stats and it didn't affect their GOAT bid.

Everyone in the world understood that they were playing in International Competition and that they were playing for their country.

There is no way in hell that Lebron, Wade, and Bosh would sacrifice their stats when they have all stated (even Bosh) their desire for MVP awards and other accolades. Not to mention Lebron and Wade's desire to be considered the GOAT.

If they joined, then it is OVER. Neither player will be considered the GOAT because nobody will know who contributed more if they do win the championship and if they lose (which is likely IMO), then irrational fans who had way too high expectations will torch them.

It's a lose-lose if there ever was one.

King Koopa
The people on this board that are saying Wade/Lebron won't work out are just a bunch of haters and don't want this to happen.

Stop hating and just enjoy another "Jordan/Pippen ERA part 2"

BTownTeamsRKing
11-07-2009, 06:29 PM
these are not youngsters anymore. They are guys entering or in their prime. Wade has tasted success and wants back. Lebron and Bosh have said all offseason it's about winning...

you guys are selling these players short...not everyone is Allen Iverson

none of them have the mindset of AI. which is a good thing, but im sure they have similar mindsets to guys like Pierce, KG, Ray Allen, T-mac, Baron etc...

Its not like when the Celtics assembled the Big 3 to give them each one more shot at a title that they never would have got.

These 3 are tremendous young players who have plenty of chances to win.

and believe me, Lebron is not taking less than a max deal.

MiamiHeat
11-07-2009, 06:30 PM
cant wait till this is over with so fans can stop living in fantasy land were they bring in 3 2010 guys,then trade for paul(cuz hornets suck),and hey magic will take our scrubs for howard and "we'll have a team of paul/wade/lebron/bosh/howard all on my fav team.it can happen!"

this coming from a Bulls fan :rolleyes:

BTownTeamsRKing
11-07-2009, 06:30 PM
The people on this board that are saying Wade/Lebron won't work out are just a bunch of haters and don't want this to happen.

it would result in multiple championships and total domination.

......but its not happening. its too early in their careers to do this.

They each deserve their own team to lead. they are all fully capable of doing so.

abe_froman
11-07-2009, 06:31 PM
this coming from a Bulls fan :rolleyes:

because i think they can afford one guy?

yes thats exactly the same as thinking someone will bring together 3 or 4.and think you can do it,makes you guys more homertastic(and in fantasy land) than any bulls fan

King Koopa
11-07-2009, 06:31 PM
They would not do it for NBA Titles because the NBA and the Media stresses statistics for when they dole out attention.

Those players were able to do it for the Olympics because it didn't affect their career stats and it didn't affect their GOAT bid.

Everyone in the world understood that they were playing in International Competition and that they were playing for their country.

There is no way in hell that Lebron, Wade, and Bosh would sacrifice their stats when they have all stated (even Bosh) their desire for MVP awards and other accolades. Not to mention Lebron and Wade's desire to be considered the GOAT.

If they joined, then it is OVER. Neither player will be considered the GOAT because nobody will know who contributed more if they do win the championship and if they lose (which is likely IMO), then irrational fans who had way too high expectations will torch them.

They would be considered another Jordan/Pippen two man show, and be called one of the greatest teams all time regardless of who plays next to them.

championships
11-07-2009, 06:32 PM
how are they obsessed with stats? Wade has said several times he doesnt like having to take over games and would rather be a facilitator...

none of them are anymore self centered then boston's or SA's big three... shoot, even the lakers have a ton of "stat guys"

LeBron wears a shirt that says "Check my stats" Haven't you ever seen that pic. Don't tell me he doesn't care about his own.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_wnmC2Fejdv4/SlUfENVby7I/AAAAAAAAAIk/EpempQQjaYs/s400/news_lebron-james-check-my-stats-1.jpg

nstojic
11-07-2009, 06:34 PM

:laugh: can't stop...m....my....h...hate...it's...un..uncontroll able... hahah.... :laugh: m..m..m..must...hhhh...hh..HATE!!!!!!

BTownTeamsRKing
11-07-2009, 06:35 PM
They would be considered another Jordan/Pippen two man show, and be call one of the greatest teams all time regardless of who plays next to them.

You are very blind if you think they each don't at all about being better than the other. Players at this level want to be the greatest ever. not the greatest duo ever.

bigsams50

Lebrons basically done everything but win a ring, im sure he would sacrifice a couple of MVP awards for a chance to be a part of a dynasty with Wade

BTownTeamsRKing
LeBron wears a shirt that says "Check my stats" Haven't you ever seen that pic. Don't tell me he doesn't care about his own.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_wnmC2Fejdv4/SlUfENVby7I/AAAAAAAAAIk/EpempQQjaYs/s400/news_lebron-james-check-my-stats-1.jpg

haha forgot about that. not to mention the $ sign. meaning if anyone thinks he is taking less than a Max deal, they are dreaming.

nstojic
11-07-2009, 06:37 PM
you take TO in his prime.. put him with Moss in his prime... and you're telling me that with only one ball to go around, they'll quietly go skipping down the field, hand in hand.. with no infighting?

championships
All of these Analyst are going to try to guess what LeBron is going to do. These reports mean nothing. There just trying to get people to read their reports.

daleja424

and maybe you will notice the $ instead of S. That is a "I'm rich as ****" shirt my friend... not a I score 30 ppg shirt...

bigsams50
11-07-2009, 06:38 PM
you take TO in his prime.. put him with Moss in his prime... and you're telling me that with only one ball to go around, they'll quietly go skipping down the field, hand in hand.. with no infighting?

Neither Lebron nor Wade are TO.

daleja424
11-07-2009, 06:39 PM

theres a difference... wade and lebron are mad tight. They arent in some fued or rivalry...they are friends... why wouldnt two friends team up and form the most prolific duo in nba history, while punching their tickets into the HOF while in thier 20's?

championships
11-07-2009, 06:40 PM
haha forgot about that. not to mention the $ sign. meaning if anyone thinks he is taking less than a Max deal, they are dreaming.

Exactly

nstojic
11-07-2009, 06:40 PM
Neither Lebron nor Wade are TO.

i don't think wade is but i do think that lebron is/will be more so

ARMIN12NBA
11-07-2009, 06:41 PM
how are they obsessed with stats?

:laugh2: Wade CONTINUALLY insists that stats should be the preeminent factor in MVP discussions.

As Lebron would say, "Lebron James is just Lebron James. Lebron gets such great stats."

Even Bosh was pushing for the MVP award early in the season last year citing statistics and saying team wins don't matter.

Ultimately, no matter how much they insist otherwise at times, they have clearly shown an obsession with statistics and they know LEGACY is on the line.

The key word is LEGACY.

None of them want to end up like Kobe who sacrificed stats for the cause of winning and now most of the NBA fanbase who don't know basketball and even some media members exclaim that Kobe rode Shaq's behind to those championships.

Wade has said several times he doesnt like having to take over games and would rather be a facilitator...

Facilitating requires handling the ball...That would mean Lebron would have to do less facilitating and we all know Lebron won't be happy about that as a huge attraction and PR positive for Lebron is that he "gets assists."

Boston's "Big Three" contains a bunch of old guys. Not to mention Allen, Pierce, and Garnett were never dominating scorers like LBJ and Wade. Even Bosh is coming into his own as a scorer. Allen is a marksmen who didn't need the ball a lot and Garnett was a defensive cog. The Celtics truly had a great mix.

The Spurs Big Three has an unselfish Duncan, Parker, and Ginobli.

The Lakers have Kobe, Pau, and Bynum...OK, how are any of those guys conflicting? Pau and Bynum work the low post and let Kobe do his thing most of the game. Not to mention Kobe always works within the Triangle (or else he hears an earful from PJ).

Except that they play "similar roles."

The Celtics Big Three all are different and have different roles.

The Spurs Big Three is the same.

The Lakers Big Three is the same.

Wade and Lebron are essentially the same player (dribble, dribble, dribble, then drive). How are they going to split the time with the ball and still be effective?

Of course Lebron and Wade are (except for Paul). Just their style of play makes them more prone to handling the ball more often.

Melo/Kobe play within their offenses very well. Deron doesn't do a lot of handling in comparison either.

Not really. That is their style of play and what makes them effective.

Wade is still averaging 28/5/4. Hardly down much. Not to mention it is EXTREMELY early.

bigsams50
11-07-2009, 06:41 PM
Exactly

But dont the heat have enough money to offer a player a Max deal and resign Wade? If thats the case, whose to say Lebron wont sign, get his money, and contend for a Championship with Wade

championships
11-07-2009, 06:42 PM
theres a difference... wade and lebron are mad tight. They arent in some fued or rivalry...they are friends... why wouldnt two friends team up and form the most prolific duo in nba history, while punching their tickets into the HOF while in thier 20's?

Two max contracts is going to limit the ability to sign any descent role players. Unless you think Wade isn't going to demand a Max contract.

nstojic

it's different once you're on the same team and you've had a few bad games in a row and ESPN and all the reporters are all over the dick of the other guy and you start thinking.. that's BS, i'm just as good... i could carry this team all by myself if i had to...

bigsams50
i don't think wade is but i do think that lebron is/will be more so

What has he done to even be considered TO? Not speaking to the media? Lebron is a great teammate, TO is the complete opposite

ARMIN12NBA
11-07-2009, 06:43 PM
Lebrons basically done everything but win a ring, im sure he would sacrifice a couple of MVP awards for a chance to be a part of a dynasty with Wade

I highly doubt it. His legacy would be shot and Lebron wants two things more than anything else (including championships): to be a billionaire and to be the GOAT.

_Supreme_
11-07-2009, 06:43 PM
Wade & Lebron in Miami is more realistic than a lot of people (want to) think.

You can bet these guys understand that they could win a lot of titles together and act accordingly on the court.

But I agree, there are way too many of these threads, and the media will keep popping them out every week anyway all season.

Let's just wait and see what happens after the season is over.

daleja424
11-07-2009, 06:44 PM

guess what... Lebron makes over 40 million a year... more then half in endorsements... he would have to take about a 1-1.5 million dollar pay cut to play with wade and bosh and NO paycut for just wade and james together. I guarantee you that he would be more then okay making 39 million a year for a couple years to win a title

ARMIN12NBA
11-07-2009, 06:44 PM

THERE lies the PROBLEM.

Who will sacrifice and become Pippen?

Neither would want to and where would that leave Bosh? Horace Grant? :laugh:

bigsams50
11-07-2009, 06:45 PM
I highly doubt it. His legacy would be shot and Lebron wants two things more than anything else (including championships): to be a billionaire and to be the GOAT.

How would his legacy be shot? and how do you know he only wants to be a billionaire and the goat? He has stated numerous times that he wants to win more than anything else

daleja424
11-07-2009, 06:46 PM
it's different once you're on the same team and you've had a few bad games in a row and ESPN and all the reporters are all over the dick of the other guy and you start thinking.. that's BS, i'm just as good... i could carry this team all by myself if i had to...

when you are winning games it doesn't matter....you really have these guys confused with AI

nstojic
man... ARMIN is on fire....

ARMIN12NBA
They would be considered another Jordan/Pippen two man show, and be called one of the greatest teams all time regardless of who plays next to them.

Again, there in lies the problem.

1. Neither of them have the style of play to succeed and be effective as a Scottie Pippen role.

2. WHO will sacrifice and play the role of Scottie Pippen?

There is no way both problems can be solved. Fact.

BTownTeamsRKing
11-07-2009, 06:48 PM
Two max contracts is going to limit the ability to sign any descent role players. Unless you think Wade isn't going to demand a Max contract.

thats 1 area i disagree with. they will have plenty of NBA vets willing to play for nothing to fill the team.

guys like Rasheed and Daniels in Boston this year.

daleja424
11-07-2009, 06:49 PM

1. Neither of them have the style of play to succeed and be effective as a Scottie Pippen role.

you are not seeing that there have been many teams with guys that are use to being number one coming together and doing great things. You are severly overstating the ego of these players...based on what? AI, Kobe and Shaq?

Sure, there ARE egomaniacs in the nba...but wade and lebron have done nothing to suggest that they are egomaniacs....

In FACT wade won a title with one of the biggest egomaniacs in the history of the NBA...

ARMIN12NBA
11-07-2009, 06:49 PM
guess what... Lebron makes over 40 million a year... more then half in endorsements... he would have to take about a 1-1.5 million dollar pay cut to play with wade and bosh and NO paycut for just wade and james together. I guarantee you that he would be more then okay making 39 million a year for a couple years to win a title

I guarantee you that he would not be okay with his legacy taking a blow.

Can you imagine it?

"Lebron needed Wade to finally win a championship. How can he be considered the GOAT when he needed Dwyane Wade, who some consider better, to win a championship?"

I do not agree with the above quote at all, but I know stupid people (most of NBA fanbase) will start spewing that nonsense. Lebron and his representatives truly do no want that to EVER happen and I'm sure they feel he can win a championship without Wade.

daleja424
11-07-2009, 06:50 PM
thats 1 area i disagree with. they will have plenty of NBA vets willing to play for nothing to fill the team.

guys like Rasheed and Daniels in Boston this year.

yup...vets lineup for min contracts on good teams..

nstojic
11-07-2009, 06:50 PM
when you are winning games it doesn't matter....you really have these guys confused with AI

no... i don't... all these guys get the NBA because they're the 'man' on each team they play for, coming up... and the 'elite' guys get to that status because in their minds, they are 'it'... it's them against 5 other guys.. when crunch time comes around.. lebron brings the ball up... lebron looks for his first.. lebron...lebron.. lebron.. he doesn't need to talk about it openly, the way AI does.. but that's not say that he doesn't step onto the court with the same intense ego, thinking that he can make every shot and be the 'man' for his team... they don't get to this status without that ego...

Chicagofaithful
11-07-2009, 06:51 PM
hahaha thats hilarious a max deal doesnt matter to him because he knows hes getting one either way.... i seriously lose more and more respect for this guy every time i see him in the news

bigsams50
11-07-2009, 06:52 PM
Can you imagine it?

"Lebron needed Wade to finally win a championship. How can he be considered the GOAT when he needed Dwyane Wade, who some consider better, to win a championship?"

I do not agree with the above quote at all, but I know stupid people (most of NBA fanbase) will start spewing that nonsense. Lebron and his representatives truly do no want that to EVER happen and I'm sure they feel he can win a championship without Wade.

How can you guarantee that? Do yo know lebron? None of us knows how he would feel on this subject, but to make comments like he wont sign to play with wade because his legacy would take a blow is ridiculous. Last i checked, winning Championships gives you a greater legacy

championships
How would his legacy be shot? and how do you know he only wants to be a billionaire and the goat? He has stated numerous times that he wants to win more than anything else

Cause he has said it. He once said he wants to be the richest athlete who has ever lived.

FlakeyFool
man these topics have been beaten to death :horse:

theres a problem with your "dream"

Bosh isn't going to miami.

daleja424
11-07-2009, 06:53 PM

Can you imagine it?

I am pretty sure that if Miami won a handful of titles no one would care...

I don't think people say Jordan is not the best ever b/c he didn't win a title until scotty came to town....do they?

and btw...jordan's personal stats took a rather large hit when scottie came to town...but they won 6 titles bud...thats what counts

HuRRiCaNeS324
11-07-2009, 06:54 PM
This won't even be a Jordan/Pippen combo. It's more like Magic Johnson/Michael Jordan
lol.

Every time this topic comes up (Lebron going to Miami) it's always an argument about stats, mvps, and being GOAT. But don't consider how many championships we would win, which is exactly what Lebron and Wade keep saying they want. Lebron/Wade would be the next best thing to ever happen in the NBA like what Jordan/Pippen did.

Maybe all you people are right. Who will get the better stats, who will get the mvp's, who will be considered the best? But who cares? They're gonna have like 7 championships in a row lol.

bigsams50
Cause he has said it. He once said he wants to be the richest athlete who has ever lived.

He has also said that he wants to win, and thats whats important to him, and with miami he has a chance to get paid by signing a max deal, and a chance to win playing along side Dwade

ARMIN12NBA
Double post.

daleja424
man these topics have been beaten to death :horse:

theres a problem with your "dream"

Bosh isn't going to miami.

thats okay...if lebron and wade play together and bosh decides to stay in the tundra he will regret it when he never wins a title in his career and wade and james are stacking them up...

nstojic
11-07-2009, 06:57 PM
This won't even be a Jordan/Pippen combo. It's more like Magic Johnson/Michael Jordan
lol.

Every time this topic comes up (Lebron going to Miami) it's always an argument about stats, mvps, and being GOAT. But don't consider how many championships we would win, which is exactly what Lebron and Wade keep saying they want. Lebron/Wade would be the next best thing to ever happen in the NBA like what Jordan/Pippen did.

Maybe all you people are right. Who will get the better stats, who will get the mvp's, who will be considered the best? But who cares? They're gonna have like 7 championships in a row lol.

well is that not what they're supposed to say?!?!?!?! how would PR look if lebron talked of wanting to win but only if he won it for his team and only if he was the leading scorer/distributor/rebounder/ who led his team in steals and blocks..and how it would be awesome if all that winning earned him an MVP award every year...plus playoff/finals MVP... hahah what parent would buy their kid his shoes after that?

BTownTeamsRKing
11-07-2009, 06:57 PM
I have a big question.

How many of u miami fans would be defending this and finding ways to make it work if it meant Lebron, Wade and Bosh in cleveland?

thats wat i thought.

ARMIN12NBA
11-07-2009, 06:58 PM
you are not seeing that there have been many teams with guys that are use to being number one coming together and doing great things. You are severly overstating the ego of these players...based on what? AI, Kobe and Shaq?

Except that these players with the big egos had different styles of play and were able to sacrifice in a way in which they were still able to distinguish themselves.

Lebron and Wade have the SAME STYLE OF PLAY.

Not to mention that neither of them have the ability to play the sidekick role.

Kobe was able to play beside Shaq because of the compliment. Kobe dominated the perimeter defensive and became the playmaker on offense. Then, the Lakers offense became centered around Kobe in the 4th quarter. It was the "Big Compromise" as Shaq would say.

Where would the compromise lie with Lebron and Wade? They are the same player offensively and both take the game (and ball) over in the 4th. Neither would want to defer to the other.

As I said, it is all about compliment and fit.

In FACT wade won a title with one of the biggest egomaniacs in the history of the NBA...

Yes, but Shaq was old and he knew it. His main focus was winning without Kobe and he KNEW the only way he could do that was by letting Wade take over the reigns. He has even hinted that he did this to spite Kobe as he never let Kobe fully take over the reigns, but he let Wade do so.

How would his legacy be shot?

I explained it:

Can you imagine it?

and how do you know he only wants to be a billionaire and the goat? He has stated numerous times that he wants to win more than anything else

Nope. You are massively incorrect.

In the next 15 or 20 years, I hope I'll be the richest man in the world. I want to be a billionaire. I want to get to a position where generation on generation don't have to worry about nothing. I don't want family members from my kids to my son's kids to never have to worry. And I can't do that now just playing basketball.

LEBRON JAMES, Seattle Post-Intelligencer, Dec. 10, 2005

bigsams50
11-07-2009, 06:58 PM
I explained it:

Can you imagine it?

Nope. You are massively incorrect.

"I think at the end of the day, a max deal or anything like that doesn't really matter to me at the end of the day. It's all about winning for me. So I've put myself in a position that when that day comes next summer, I want to win, and if I feel like the team is capable of winning, I'll make my decision like that."

This was yesterday, youre quote was from 2005.

You sir, are Massively incorrect

nstojic
11-07-2009, 06:59 PM
I have a big question.

How many of u miami fans would be defending this and finding ways to make it work if it meant Lebron, Wade and Bosh in cleveland?

thats wat i thought.

*swish*

ARMIN12NBA
11-07-2009, 07:00 PM

Except that people are arguing that the chemistry won't fit and work. How would they win 7 championships in a row anyways. Wade is 28 and Lebron is 25. The ages are OK, but the fact remains that the chemistry would not be ideal whatsoever.

daleja424
11-07-2009, 07:01 PM
I have a big question.

thats wat i thought.

It would be an equally good idea for the guys...unfortunately for cleveland fans they blew their cap next season on scrubs like varajao and booby gibson (and delonte and mo williams too)...

nstojic

hahah his words are just dripping with 'the max is a given... so where do i want to play...'

daleja424
*swish*

...ummm....airball...

harm0n1x
11-07-2009, 07:02 PM
http://hoopshype.com/salaries/cleveland.htm

does everybody keep forgetting that the cavs have $31 million (shaq and z) + lebrons $15 million coming off their salary at the end of this season? that's $46 million, enough to sign lebron to a max plus another player like wade/bosh and a high level role player for at least the MLE. why does everyone contend that any of these players won't end up in cleveland with lebron? anything can happen.

daleja424
hahah his words are just dripping with 'the max is a given... so where do i want to play...'

fine...but miami can give him the max too... what then? he can either play with wade for the max...or he can play with mo williams or danilo galinari for the max...

I wonder which one I would pick...

nstojic
...ummm....airball...

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

bigsams50
Except that people are arguing that the chemistry won't fit and work. How would they win 7 championships in a row anyways. Wade is 28 and Lebron is 25. The ages are OK, but the fact remains that the chemistry would not be ideal whatsoever.

How is that a fact? its just your personal opinion

daleja424
11-07-2009, 07:03 PM
http://hoopshype.com/salaries/cleveland.htm

does everybody keep forgetting that the cavs have $31 million (shaq and z) + lebrons $15 million coming off their salary at the end of this season? that's $46 million, enough to sign lebron to a max plus another player like wade/bosh and a high level role player for at least the MLE. why does everyone contend that any of these players won't end up in cleveland with lebron? anything can happen.

you sire have NO IDEA what you are talking about...

you see that 50 million at the bottom of the 2010 column... the Cavs will have about 3 million in cap space dude...

bigsams50
11-07-2009, 07:04 PM
fine...but miami can give him the max too... what then? he can either play with wade for the max...or he can play with mo williams or danilo galinari for the max...

Exactly, he would get paid and be givin a chance to win. Not a bad deal in my opinino

BTownTeamsRKing
11-07-2009, 07:05 PM

yea i won that one.

nstojic

all i or any of the opposition have been saying is that we feel the two wouldn't mesh well... for me, the money is irrelevant.. there's only a couple of teams that can take on two max guys..

daleja424
Exactly, he would get paid and be givin a chance to win. Not a bad deal in my opinino

:hi5:

cheezinmypocket
11-07-2009, 07:06 PM
You're missing a key component here..... Wade hasn't signed in Miami yet. Who says he's going back there??

Why hasn't he signed yet if it is such a sure thing?

nstojic
yea i won that one.

i know but it's hilarious that he doesn't think so.. hahah

daleja424
yea i won that one.

how?

I admitted it would be an equally good idea for them to all play in cleveland or toronto... but that won't happen b/c those teams have blown their cap space...

smith&wesson
lebron says "the money doesnt matter" but we all know it does.

would lebron take less money then wade to go to miami and play with wade ? i dont see it.

nstojic
11-07-2009, 07:07 PM
You're missing a key component here..... Wade hasn't signed in Miami yet. Who says he's going back there??

good point.. out of all the guys, everything written paints wade as the least likely to re-sign with the team they're currently on...

daleja424

b/c he wants to make sure the Heat will compete... which they are doing now and would continue to do if they signed a star next season

ARMIN12NBA
I am pretty sure that if Miami won a handful of titles no one would care...

:laugh2: That is your wish and hope.

The FACT is that people care a whole damn lot about these GOAT arguments.

And you know that bud.

In EACH AND EVERY sport, the main argument that you will hear constantly in bars everywhere is who is the GOAT.

Not only in bars, but the media constantly bickers over this.

Don't EVER try to use the argument that nobody would care.

I don't think people say Jordan is not the best ever b/c he didn't win a title until scotty came to town....do they?

Do you not see the HUGE flaw in your argument?

EVERYBODY and their mom knows Jordan was the top dog and Scottie was the sidekick.

Their play on the court reflected it. Their stats reflected it. The dude who had the ball in his hands in the 4th quarter reflected. The guy with the Finals MVP awards reflected it.

Lebron and Wade are nearly even players. Their stats, play, etc. all reflect #1 status. They both care about legacy. They both want to be the greatest...as they should.

That's the thing. The situation is TOTALLY different. You can't compare it to any other situation really.

Two prime, #1 players (with the exact same style of play) who are capable of leading teams by themselves and winning MVP awards on the same team. Think about it. There is NO precedent.

and btw...jordan's personal stats took a rather large hit when scottie came to town...but they won 6 titles bud...thats what counts

Jordan became way more efficient though and he still averaged 30 PPG+

If Lebron and Wade combine, then their stats would have to look like this:

Lebron- 24/6/5 45% shooting
Wade- 22/3/5 43% shooting

Do you think they would be happy with those statistics? Nope.

daleja424
lebron says "the money doesnt matter" but we all know it does.

would lebron take less money then wade to go to miami and play with wade ? i dont see it.

ummm....he wouldnt... they would both get max deals...

BTownTeamsRKing
11-07-2009, 07:08 PM
ok point is:

this isn't happening unless Wade and Lebron can each have a max deal. Bosh is not a possibility with those 2.

ARMIN12NBA
11-07-2009, 07:09 PM
How is that a fact? its just your personal opinion

It's a fact based on knowledge of the game of basketball and not just being a stat-geek.

daleja424
11-07-2009, 07:09 PM

And you know that bud.

In EACH AND EVERY sport, the main argument that you will hear constantly in bars everywhere is who is the GOAT.

EVERYBODY and their mom knows Jordan was the top dog and Scottie was the sidekick.

Their play on the court reflected it. Their stats reflected it. The dude who had the ball in his hands in the 4th quarter reflected. The guy with the Finals MVP awards reflected it.

Lebron and Wade are nearly even players. Their stats, play, etc. all reflect #1 status. They both care about legacy. They both want to be the greatest...as they should.

That's the thing. The situation is TOTALLY different. You can't compare it to any other situation really.

Two prime, #1 players (with the exact same style of play) who are capable of leading teams by themselves and winning MVP awards on the same team. Think about it. There is NO precedent.

hahahahahahah! They would both go from 50% shooters to low 40's...now your just hating!!!!

oh...and lets not forget that Kobe's career is tarnished b/c he never won a title without a second star... NOT

bigsams50
11-07-2009, 07:10 PM

And you know that bud.

:eyebrow:

OR, they could look like this

Lebron 27/8/8 52% shooting
Wade 24/3/6 47% shooting

Do you think they would be happy with those statistics? Yup

daleja424
ok point is:

this isn't happening unless Wade and Lebron can each have a max deal. Bosh is not a possibility with those 2.

thats fine...I dont expect Bosh to go anywhere anyways...

Id rather see miami trade for Kaman anyways and have a true center with those two and beasley and chalmers etc

daleja424

Wade 24/3/6 47% shooting

+ rings...

nstojic
11-07-2009, 07:11 PM
hey, all this 'tawkin's got me fired up for the raps/mavs game, tonight.... let's go raps!

bigsams50
11-07-2009, 07:11 PM
+ rings...

dam i forgot the rings lol. Oh well they only care about personal stats anyway :rolleyes:

ARMIN12NBA
11-07-2009, 07:12 PM

Lebron took a hit by saying he wanted to be the richest man in the world...

If you have any minimal knowledge about how the entertainment business works, then you would know that Lebron's PR team coaches him and prepares him for what to say and how to say it.

Everything Lebron says that is all positive, Utopian-like (see: I just wanna win and money doesn't matter) is pretty much a facade. Fact.

daleja424
11-07-2009, 07:12 PM
hey, all this 'tawkin's got me fired up for the raps/mavs game, tonight.... let's go raps!

haha...this has actually been a good discussion and hasnt resorted to baiting ot flaming or anything...

but I need the raps to lose...I want that draft pick to be like 14 :)

cheezinmypocket
11-07-2009, 07:13 PM
Oh man... this is going to be an interesting off season... so many teams hoping for 2010 to bring the goods.

I'm glad to have a GM in Toronto that doesn't sit back on his *** and hope for the future.

So many fans in NY and Miami are going to be heartbroken when the salary cap is REDUCED and there is no room for 2 max players on their team.

And I'll give you the odds on Lebron taking anything less than max money.... zero.

nstojic
11-07-2009, 07:14 PM
thats fine...I dont expect Bosh to go anywhere anyways...

Id rather see miami trade for Kaman anyways and have a true center with those two and beasley and chalmers etc

enjoy those two for as long as you'd have them with that lineup... that 12 mil a year could come calling for beas, being a second pick and stuff... and chalmers could easily become a MLE guy.. but that doesn't matter.. who needs a PG when you've got wade/lebron, right?

HuRRiCaNeS324
yea i won that one.

:up: feel proud of yourself?

:rolleyes:

You didn't win anything. Cleveland CANNOT get them and that's a fact. Not that hypothetical BS all of you are saying about chemistry and what THEY want in their careers like you know them or something. Gimme a break...

nipo10847

Look u are a complete ******....Lebron-Wade will win 75 games/yr even if they fight more than Shaq-Kobe...Get it??? I m guessing u r a bulls homer who dreams to land wade.

daleja424
11-07-2009, 07:15 PM
Oh man... this is going to be an interesting off season... so many teams hoping for 2010 to bring the goods.

I'm glad to have a GM in Toronto that doesn't sit back on his *** and hope for the future.

So many fans in NY and Miami are going to be heartbroken when the salary cap is REDUCED and there is no room for 2 max players on their team.

And I'll give you the odds on Lebron taking anything less than max money.... zero.

once again...I encourage you to learn about the salary cap before talking :)

The minimum salary cap for next year is 52 mil...even at the number Miami has way more then enough for two max deals...

bigsams50
11-07-2009, 07:15 PM
Lebron took a hit by saying he wanted to be the richest man in the world...

If you have any minimal knowledge about how the entertainment business works, then you would know that Lebron's PR team coaches him and prepares him for what to say and how to say it.

Everything Lebron says that is all positive, Utopian-like (see: I just wanna win and money doesn't matter) is pretty much a facade. Fact.

No way in hell is that a fact. Its just your opinion. And about the PR tellin him what to say, that case could be made about every player in the NBA.

nstojic
11-07-2009, 07:16 PM
haha...this has actually been a good discussion and hasnt resorted to baiting ot flaming or anything...

but I need the raps to lose...I want that draft pick to be like 14 :)

hahaha neVEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRR!!!!

daleja424
11-07-2009, 07:16 PM
enjoy those two for as long as you'd have them with that lineup... that 12 mil a year could come calling for beas, being a second pick and stuff... and chalmers could easily become a MLE guy.. but that doesn't matter.. who needs a PG when you've got wade/lebron, right?

we have their bird rights bud... we can pay them as much as we want and not be limited by the salary cap... :up:

daleja424
11-07-2009, 07:17 PM
hahaha neVEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRR!!!!

:pray:

one can hope... :D

I would feel bad for you guys tho... JO and a near lottery pick for Marion and Banks is pretty lopsided...

BTownTeamsRKing
11-07-2009, 07:18 PM
:up: feel proud of yourself?

:rolleyes:

You didn't win anything. Cleveland CANNOT get them and that's a fact. Not that hypothetical BS all of you are saying about chemistry and what THEY want in their careers like you know them or something. Gimme a break...

my point is, not one miami fan would be saying:

"they would sacrifice everything to play with each other in cleveland and make the cavs the greatest of all time."

LayZbone
Look u are a complete ******....Lebron-Wade will win 75 games/yr even if they fight more than Shaq-Kobe...Get it??? I m guessing u r a bulls homer who dreams to land wade.

dude chill. Daleja and Armin have a solid debate going right now...and I'm enjoying it. Don't give Armin fuel.....this is going well.

Derick713

You need more than Two Max Players to win a title these days. LeBron James and Dwayne Wade are at the stage of their careers where they want to win regardless.

LeBron James will leave the Cavs for sure. The Cavs haven't built a long-term championship contender. The Cavs haven't drafted well or made decisions fast enough.

The Heat has a chance to land James and Bosh. They would've had a better chance if they had drafted Marc Gasol or Brook Lopez.

Lakers-
Kobe Bryant
Pau Gasol
Lamar Odom
Andrew Bynum
Ron Artest

Celtics-
Paul Pierce
Kevin Garnett
Ray Allen
Rasheed Wallace

Spurs-
Tim Duncan
Tony Parker
Manu Ginobli
Richard Jefferson

The Heat had the chance to put themselves in the best position for 2010. If they had rebuilt the frontcourt by drafting players like Lopez and Gasol the Heat would be a greater factor for the services of James and Bosh.

Mario Chalmers/Patrick Beverly/
Dwayne Wade/Daequan Cook/
LeBron James/Quentin Richardson/Chase Budinger
Chris Bosh/Jermaine O'Neal/Dejuan Blair/
Brook Lopez/Marc Gasol/Joel Anthony/

daleja424
11-07-2009, 07:19 PM

"they would sacrifice everything to play with each other in cleveland and make the cavs the greatest of all time."

ummm...but I did...

it would make just as much sense for them to play together wherever they can...

we would just hope as fans that that place is miami and not nY

mjt20mik
This thread is hilarious. First the LA nonsense, now Miami. Cavs have more than enough money after this season to get stuff done. If Lebron doesn't mind not getting max money, the Cavs should have enough money to sign him, and get another player like Wade / Bosh (if they also don't mind signing a non-max contract). However, I can see Amare / Lebron most probable.

And Salary Cap wise..

Miami
NY
NJ

are the three front runners. If Lebron does want to leave, what makes you so sure he would go to Miami. And what makes you so sure Wade will stay?

nstojic
:pray:

one can hope... :D

I would feel bad for you guys tho... JO and a near lottery pick for Marion and Banks is pretty lopsided...

yeah.. but expand that thought.. it's JO/pick for Hedo/Jack...

ARMIN12NBA
11-07-2009, 07:20 PM

Wade 24/3/6 47% shooting

LOL @ Lebron and Wade being efficient when they have to COMPLETELY and UTTERLY change their effective style of play.

Let me break it down:

Lebron and Wade are similar players. They thrive on dribbling the ball often and driving to the basket. They also love to have outside shooters to pass to when they drive and break down the defense.

They also share the weakness of outside shooting.

Now, if they were on the same team then they would have to dribble and drive significantly less. That would leave both of them relegated to outside shooting responsibilities for a significant amount of time. Thus, their FG% would dip massively.

Sure, it is possible they could improve their outside shooting, but I highly doubt it. They have been in the league a while now and at this stage in the game, they aren't going to be able to completely reform their games.

Derick713
A lot still has to be played out.

harm0n1x
you sire have NO IDEA what you are talking about...

you see that 50 million at the bottom of the 2010 column... the Cavs will have about 3 million in cap space dude...

ok? so if miami retains wade for the max + adding lebron, that would leave them with around $10-15 million with beasley, cook, chalmers and jones. so they sign 9 more players with that money left. wait, they're getting bosh too? :shush:

daleja424
This thread is hilarious. First the LA nonsense, now Miami. Cavs have more than enough money after this season to get stuff done. If Lebron doesn't mind not getting max money, the Cavs should have enough money to sign him, and get another player like Wade / Bosh (if they also don't mind signing a non-max contract). However, I can see Amare / Lebron most probable.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

It really frustrates me that someone who has 6000+ posts on here still knows absolutely nothing about the salary cap in the nba...

notoriouzzzz
11-07-2009, 07:21 PM

What combination out of ur list dominate the ball the way james and wade do? kg, allen and pierce alreayd enjoyed their prime and past all the individual. that's why they work. Parker is the clear point guard and doesn't interfere with Duncan all and Manu comes of the bench. Neither James or Wade can take a back seat like Pippen did.

ARMIN12NBA
11-07-2009, 07:21 PM

No...And it is NOT about fighting off the court. I'm sure they will get along great.

It is about chemistry on the court and their chemistry/style of play simply does NOT match up.

bigsams50
11-07-2009, 07:22 PM
LOL @ Lebron and Wade being efficient when they have to COMPLETELY and UTTERLY change their effective style of play.

Let me break it down:

Lebron and Wade are similar players. They thrive on dribbling the ball often and driving to the basket. They also love to have outside shooters to pass to when they drive and break down the defense.

They also share the weakness of outside shooting.

Now, if they were on the same team then they would have to dribble and drive significantly less. That would leave both of them relegated to outside shooting responsibilities for a significant amount of time. Thus, their FG% would dip massively.

Sure, it is possible they could improve their outside shooting, but I highly doubt it. They have been in the league a while now and at this stage in the game, they aren't going to be able to completely reform their games.

Was the same not said about the celtics' big three? None of us know how its gonna work out if they end up playing together, we just have our opinions.

daleja424
11-07-2009, 07:22 PM
ok? so if miami retains wade for the max + adding lebron, that would leave them with around $10-15 million with beasley, cook, chalmers and jones. so they sign 9 more players with that money left. wait, they're getting bosh too? :shush:

Ill take lebron, wade, beasley, cook, chalmers, and 10-15 million in cap space EVERY DAY of the week. Thats enough for 3 solid rotation players. and then we fill out the roster with minimum deals like every other team in the nba

:shush:

..and thats assuming the cap drops to the lowest possible level it can...52 mil

mjt20mik
11-07-2009, 07:23 PM

It really frustrates me that someone who has 6000+ posts on here still knows absolutely nothing about the salary cap in the nba...

27 million in salary cap for Miami. Don't assume stuff. I'm just saying, what makes you so certain they both end up in Miami. Both NY and NJ have about the same amount of cap.

ARMIN12NBA
No way in hell is that a fact. Its just your opinion. And about the PR tellin him what to say, that case could be made about every player in the NBA.

It IS the case with every player in the NBA.

BTW--It is a fact. If you ever meet somebody who works in Public Relations, then have a talk with them about their job. It is quite interesting to see how 60-80% of what celebrities say are planned scripts and not what they actually feel.

bigsams50
Ill take lebron, wade, beasley, cook, chalmers, and 10-15 million in cap space EVERY DAY of the week. Thats enough for 3 solid rotation players. and then we fill out the roster with minimum deals like every other team in the nba

:shush:

:drool:

HuRRiCaNeS324
11-07-2009, 07:24 PM

Lol what do you mean by sacrificing EVERYTHING? All of you are ASSUMING their stats are gonna drop way down and will never be talked about being a great player ever again once they become teammates.

IF it was a possibility that Cleveland could get Wade (which it isn't) I wouldn't be saying all the garbage you guys are. I wouldn't want it to happen because they would dominate and win many championships. And that's exactly what everyone except heat fans are going through wether they want to admit it or not...

bigsams50
11-07-2009, 07:25 PM
It IS the case with every player in the NBA.

BTW--It is a fact. If you ever meet somebody who works in Public Relations, then have a talk with them about their job. It is quite interesting to see how 60-80% of what celebrities say are planned scripts and not what they actually feel.

Well then why is Lebron the only one being accused of being told what to say to the media? I havnt read anywhere on here that has any other player being accused of that except LBJ

mjt20mik
11-07-2009, 07:25 PM
Lol what do you mean by sacrificing EVERYTHING? All of you are ASSUMING their stats are gonna drop way down and will never be talked about being a great player ever again once they become teammates.

IF it was a possibility that Cleveland could get Wade (which it isn't) I wouldn't be saying all the garbage you guys are. I wouldn't want it to happen because they would dominate and win many championships. And that's exactly what everyone except heat fans are going through wether they want to admit it or not...

What makes you so certain. Both could sign fairly low deals, and a sign an trade could possibly occur with Miami involving Mo.

daleja424
11-07-2009, 07:26 PM
27 million in salary cap for Miami. Don't assume stuff. I'm just saying, what makes you so certain they both end up in Miami. Both NY and NJ have about the same amount of cap.

27 million in cap space including the fact that we already resigned wade...

ny and nj have a ton of cap space but neither have enough to offer 2 MAX DEALS. For both guys to end up in either of those places they would have to take a pretty substantial pay cut

ARMIN12NBA
Was the same not said about the celtics' big three? None of us know how its gonna work out if they end up playing together, we just have our opinions.

It wasn't.

Ray Allen is a spot up shooter. The perfect compliment to a Pierce and KG.

KG is a big men who is a defensive cog. The perfect compliment to an Allen (spot up) and Pierce (takes care of clutch).

Pierce is a clutch player who can score well and find the open man throughout the game. The perfect compliment to a KG (mid-range game, not clutch) and a Ray Allen (spot up shooter).

Derick713
Dwayne Wade has Pippen type potential when paired with James. Dwayne is the key to 2010. LeBron isn't a Michael Jordan or Kobe Bryant type player. He's a player in the mold of a Shaquille O'Neal. It's impossible to stop James just like it was impossible to stop Shaq. James and Wade aren't selfish and they both want to win. Wade played a great Pippen next to Bryant in the 4th quarter of the Gold Medal Game.

Dwayne Wade isn't the ideal fit next to James. Most teams would like to pair James with a shooter at the 2.

akagiredsuns
OMG this is so exciting, articles about 2010 summer's free acengy:rolleyes:

THE SUMMER IS 9 MONTHS AWAY...DUMMIES:facepalm:...ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN

how about a facepalm for acengy. what the hell is acengy its agency! LOL :facepalm:

bigsams50
11-07-2009, 07:28 PM
It wasn't.

Ray Allen is a spot up shooter. The perfect compliment to a Pierce and KG.

KG is a big men who is a defensive cog. The perfect compliment to an Allen (spot up) and Pierce (takes care of clutch).

Pierce is a clutch player who can score well and find the open man throughout the game. The perfect compliment to a KG (mid-range game, not clutch) and a Ray Allen (spot up shooter).

When they first got together, all i would here was that there was only one ball. You might not have said it, but it was being said.

nipo10847
11-07-2009, 07:28 PM
ok point is:

who cares??? Do u really think a WADE-LEBRON pair will need bosh to win a title?????...

ARMIN12NBA
11-07-2009, 07:29 PM
Well then why is Lebron the only one being accused of being told what to say to the media? I havnt read anywhere on here that has any other player being accused of that except LBJ

:facepalm: Because this thread is about Lebron and Wade and I was rebuking your argument about how you believed what Lebron said about wanting to win above all else...even money (which is a laughable statement anyways).

Derick713

In all fairness the Cap is very complex to understand. Not many fans have read the CBA. I get were you're coming from Daleja424. It bugs me at times to.

daleja424
for the record heres how 2010 is shaping up:

Miami- 45 mil to spend (2 max deals + role players)
NJ- 26.5 mil to spend (1 max deal + role players)
NY- 24.7 mil to spend (1 max deal + role players)

*** based on a cap of 52 mil

bigsams50
11-07-2009, 07:30 PM
:facepalm: Because this thread is about Lebron and Wade and I was rebuking your argument about how you believed what Lebron said about wanting to win above all else...even money (which is a laughable statement anyways).

How? You dont know lebron, so you cant make that assumption, the comment you found was 4 years old. Whose to say losing in the playoffs those years hasnt changed his mind?

ARMIN12NBA
11-07-2009, 07:31 PM
When they first got together, all i would here was that there was only one ball. You might not have said it, but it was being said.

Well, then they were idiots. Heck, the only thing I heard (and wondered about myself) was how would their defense mesh and if they had enough depth or not. If you remember, they pretty much gave away all their players in the two trades so depth was an issue. Also, Pierce and Allen were not known for their defense at all so people were questioning how well they would be on the defensive end.

daleja424
11-07-2009, 07:31 PM
How? You dont know lebron, so you cant make that assumption, the comment you found was 4 years old. Whose to say losing in the playoffs those years hasnt changed his mind?

...and seeing some of his close friends win titles...

Toenail Clipper
11-07-2009, 07:32 PM
LeBron will go to New York.
Wade will go to Chicago.
End of story.

bigsams50
11-07-2009, 07:33 PM
Well, then they were idiots. Heck, the only thing I heard (and wondered about myself) was how would their defense mesh and if they had enough depth or not. If you remember, they pretty much gave away all their players in the two trades so depth was an issue. Also, Pierce and Allen were not known for their defense at all so people were questioning how well they would be on the defensive end.

Yea defense was one thin i worried about with them, Not so much KG and Pierce, but Allen and the supporting cast

nipo10847
11-07-2009, 07:33 PM

Do u know this is impossible for he cavs because there is a thing called cap space?????????

daleja424
11-07-2009, 07:34 PM
Wade will go to Chicago.
End of story.

thanks for that contribution to our discussion... :rolleyes:

HuRRiCaNeS324
11-07-2009, 07:34 PM
Wade will go to Chicago.
End of story.

Alright then run along

ARMIN12NBA
11-07-2009, 07:35 PM
Dwayne Wade has Pippen type potential when paired with James.

Not at all. Wade's game is nothing like Pippen's game and Wade does not have the potential to play like Pippen at all.

[Lebron's] a player in the mold of a Shaquille O'Neal.

Not really. Lebron can't and does not play in the post.

It's impossible to stop James just like it was impossible to stop Shaq. James and Wade aren't selfish and they both want to win. Wade played a great Pippen next to Bryant in the 4th quarter of the Gold Medal Game.

Not really. Wade played like himself. He dribbled and drove to the basket. In no way, shape or form, did he play like Scottie Pippen.

Dwayne Wade isn't the ideal fit next to James. Most teams would like to pair James with a shooter at the 2.

Exactly, which is why if they pair up, their effectiveness will drop.

notoriouzzzz
11-07-2009, 07:35 PM
Dwayne Wade has Pippen type potential when paired with James. Dwayne is the key to 2010. LeBron isn't a Michael Jordan or Kobe Bryant type player. He's a player in the mold of a Shaquille O'Neal. It's impossible to stop James just like it was impossible to stop Shaq. James and Wade aren't selfish and they both want to win. Wade played a great Pippen next to Bryant in the 4th quarter of the Gold Medal Game.

Of course Wade played Pippen to Kobe in the 4th quarter of the US gold medal game. Kobe will always be the alpha dog just as Jordan will always be. Wade and Kobe are both guards. Wade understand what Kobe is capable of doing. US Olympic wasn't about personal glory, they were fighting for their country so the best man for the moment will get the job done. Everyone played Pippen to him, even James. The NBA is about making a name for urself!!

daleja424
11-07-2009, 07:36 PM
Not at all. Wade's game is nothing like Pippen's game and Wade does not have the potential to play like Pippen at all.

Not really. Lebron can't and does not play in the post.

Not really. Wade played like himself. He dribbled and drove to the basket. In no way, shape or form, did he play like Scottie Pippen.

Exactly, which is why if they pair up, their effectiveness will drop.

ya they are both going to shoot worse when teams can no longer double and triple team them :rolleyes:

_KB24_
I was literally LMAO when Lebron said that it wasn't about the MAX DEAL or the most money. :facepalm: Wasn't he the same guy along with Kobe saying that they'll go to play for Europe for 50 mil/year????? It's ALL about the money when they are young. I'll be surprised if Lebron takes only 20/mil a year, let alone the max. I feel Lebron will either stay in Cleveland or run to NY. Theres no way in hell I see him playing in Miami. Unless he wants to take the role of "Pippen" and play under Wade (Jordan).

ARMIN12NBA

Common Sense and the ability to understand the BUSINESS of entertainment (especially the PR aspect in this case).

daleja424
11-07-2009, 07:37 PM
Of course Wade played Pippen to Kobe in the 4th quarter of the US gold medal game. Kobe will always be the alpha dog just as Jordan will always be. Wade and Kobe are both guards. Wade understand what Kobe is capable of doing. US Olympic wasn't about personal glory, they were fighting for their country so the best man for the moment will get the job done. Everyone played Pippen to him, even James. The NBA is about making a name for urself!!

and yet how many all times greats can you name me that havent won a title...

and why did wade not win mvp despite having the best personal season last year...

In the nba winning is EVERYTHING

ARMIN12NBA
11-07-2009, 07:38 PM
ya they are both going to shoot worse when teams can no longer double and triple team them :rolleyes:

Nope. They are going to shoot worse when they can't shoot in the paint as much...which, if you studied, is the part of the court that CARRIES their shooting percentages.

Relegate Lebron and Wade to outside shooting responsibilities and you shall proceed to watch shooting percentages plummet.

Derick713
11-07-2009, 07:38 PM
The Heat is in prime position to sign LeBron James. Pat Riley and Erick Spolestra are great basketball minds. The Heat already has the inside track on Wade and Boozer. The Heat has three young evolving talents in Chalmers, Cook, and Beasley. The Heat could have two first round picks in 2010. They will also have an edge in resigning Haslem and O’Neal.

The Heat’s situation is far more settled than the Knicks or Nets when you look at the overall picture. The Nets have great young talent. That talent hasn’t stayed healthy or won many games together.

nipo10847
11-07-2009, 07:40 PM

And Salary Cap wise..

Miami
NY
NJ

are the three front runners. If Lebron does want to leave, what makes you so sure he would go to Miami. And what makes you so sure Wade will stay?

"The Fact that they each knows that they can play together, win 6/7 titles, and at he same time getting max money (two max deals only is possible in miami in 2010)"....;)

daleja424
Nope. They are going to shoot worse when they can't shoot in the paint as much...which, if you studied, is the part of the court that CARRIES their shooting percentages.

Relegate Lebron and Wade to outside shooting responsibilities and you shall proceed to watch shooting percentages plummet.

why wouldn't they be shooting in the paint again? The next team that consistently keep wade and lebron out of the paint will be the first one my friend...

mjt20mik

Miami has 45 million (forgot to discard wade's option). Your right about that.
So lets say Lebron and Wade both sign for 20 mil deals (which I would assume is fair, although it could possibly not happen). It would leave Miami with about 5 million to spare for 10 players. Seems kind of rough.

daleja424
11-07-2009, 07:43 PM
Miami has 45 million (forgot to discard wade's option). Your right about that.
So lets say Lebron and Wade both sign for 20 mil deals (which I would assume is fair, although it could possibly not happen). It would leave Miami with about 5 million to spare for 10 players. Seems kind of rough.

The max deal the nba allows if 30% of the cap...

with a 52 million dollar cap the max deal each can get is 15.6 mil a piece...leaving miami with 14 mil to spend on filling out the roster with role players like haslem, jo, etc

notoriouzzzz
11-07-2009, 07:44 PM

and why did wade not win mvp despite having the best personal season last year...

Is this for real.. having a personal best doesn't get u mvp!! someone else's best might be better than ur personal best. Was that a real comment?!!? James won it cause he had a better season stat-wise and his team always had a better record.

_KB24_
11-07-2009, 07:44 PM

Malone, Iverson, Stockton, Gervin, Barkley, and soon to be......;)

mjt20mik
11-07-2009, 07:46 PM
The max deal the nba allows if 30% of the cap...

with a 52 million dollar cap the max deal each can get is 15.6 mil a piece...leaving miami with 14 mil to spend on filling out the roster with role players like haslem, jo, etc

Thanks for clearing that up.

daleja424
11-07-2009, 07:49 PM
Malone, Iverson, Stockton, Gervin, Barkley, and soon to be......;)

:laugh:

none of which are top 10 all time...

we all know Iverson is the exception to every rule...

ask any of those guys whats the won thing they wish they had done in their career and I guarantee you that they say they wish they had a title...

Go look at a top 50 players all time list:

41 of them have at least one title
20 of them have at least one mvp

the nba puts a premium on team success...

ARMIN12NBA
11-07-2009, 07:50 PM
why wouldn't they be shooting in the paint again? The next team that consistently keep wade and lebron out of the paint will be the first one my friend...

Reading comprehension...

They will keep EACH OTHER out of the paint.

Understand that the possessions do not double once Lebron and Wade pair up.

They are going to have to split those dribbling/driving responsibilities which will relegate one to being an outside shooting for half the time. Essentially, they will lose half of their dribbling/driving production, which will effect their effectiveness.

nipo10847
11-07-2009, 07:50 PM
Wade will go to Chicago.
End of story.

Really? So sad. I thought both of them were going to pair up in clippers. I was actually planning to move to LA from miami to observe the clippers dynasty.

Derick713
11-07-2009, 07:52 PM
In today's NBA Dwayne Wade can play and win next to great players with big egos. Dwayne Wade can be to another elite player what Pippen was to Jordan. Wade in today's NBA translates into a player like Pippen who can be your second best player while having the talent to be you best player.

LeBron James and Shaquille O'Neal are freaks of nature. They have a lot in common except with a few minor differences on and off the court. They’re dominating ability which is attributed to physical characteristics which are rare to find in any athlete. Shaq and LeBron are very similar in their mind-set. Dwayne Wade is a winner. He won't disappear like Joe Johnson does. He is a prefect complement in that he is an elite player that has winner intangibles.

Most teams envision Joe Johnson, LeBron James, and Chris Bosh. The Nets have two first round picks in 2010. One of those picks will be a lottery pick.

THE IDEAL THOUGHT
Devin Harris/Keyon Dooling/
Courtney Lee/Chris-Douglas Roberts/
LeBron James/Terrance Williams
Chris Bosh/Yi Jianlian/
Brook Lopez/Josh Boone/Sean Williams

The Nets are a real threat depending on what unfolds in the upcoming months.

Toenail Clipper
11-07-2009, 07:53 PM
Really? So sad. I thought both of them were going to pair up in clippers. I was actually planning to move to LA from miami to observe the clippers dynasty.

Why are you so butthurt 12 year old? :cry:

nipo10847
11-07-2009, 07:57 PM
Why are you so butthurt 12 year old? :cry:

lol...anything else to say about ur own team??? Clippers are shame for nba now...live with them.

daleja424
11-07-2009, 07:57 PM
Reading comprehension...

They will keep EACH OTHER out of the paint.

Understand that the possessions do not double once Lebron and Wade pair up.

They are going to have to split those dribbling/driving responsibilities which will relegate one to being an outside shooting for half the time. Essentially, they will lose half of their dribbling/driving production, which will effect their effectiveness.

really? you don't say...

guess what... despite popular perception Wade and Lebron don't actually have the ball at all times...

let me introduce you to a stat called usage percentage:

Usage percentage is an estimate of the percentage of team plays used by a player while he was on the floor.

Wade and Lebron are both used on about 30% of plays... they will NOT cut into each others touches much bud...

Derick713
11-07-2009, 08:00 PM

Hopefully everyone will understand now. Those numbers could change with the Nets and Knicks. They will look to shed some salary.

daleja424
11-07-2009, 08:01 PM
In their careers Wade is used on 32.4% of plays while in the game and Lebon is used on 31.6% of plays while in the game

daleja424
11-07-2009, 08:02 PM
Hopefully everyone will understand now. Those numbers could change with the Nets and Knicks. They will look to shed some salary.

and good luck to them... but yes they could change as the year goes on

ARMIN12NBA
11-07-2009, 08:03 PM
really? you don't say...

guess what... despite popular perception Wade and Lebron don't actually have the ball at all times...

let me introduce you to a stat called usage percentage:

Wade and Lebron are both used on about 30% of plays... they will NOT cut into each others touches much bud...

Key word: Estimate.

Watch the games. That stat is based mostly on statistics like scoring and assists.

It does not actually count the number of seconds that they use up per shot clock in dribbling/holding the ball.

Watch a Heat game. Then watch a Cavs game. Notice how ridiculously often they have the ball in their hands. No way in hell they can both do what they do now if they are paired together.

nipo10847
11-07-2009, 08:04 PM
daleja424 don't spend ur energy with the haters. This is a fact that everyone except the heat fans will hate to see a wade-lebron pair winning 6/7 titles n miami. So, let them just enjoy heat's 5-1 start.

dee279
11-07-2009, 08:04 PM
a guy can dream

daleja424
11-07-2009, 08:05 PM
Key word: Estimate.

Watch the games. That stat is based mostly on statistics like scoring and assists.

It does not actually count the number of seconds that they use up per shot clock in dribbling/holding the ball.

Watch a Heat game. Then watch a Cavs game. Notice how ridiculously often they have the ball in their hands. No way in hell they can both do what they do now if they are paired together.

I am a HEAT fan and I can say without a doubt that there are plenty of plays run through the high post with haslem/beasley and the low post with Jermaine O'Neal...as well as 10 minutes a game when Wade isn't even on the court...

Wade accounting for 1/3 of our offense is about spot on...

Toenail Clipper
11-07-2009, 08:11 PM
lol...anything else to say about ur own team??? Clippers are shame for nba now...live with them.

OOOOOOOOOOH! I'm so hurt by your negative comments :cry: Why don't ya stay with the thread's topic instead of bashing on the Clippers? Yeah, cause you know you're a delusional 12 year old who only augments the Heat's image. "Hey look at our team! They will sign both Dwyane Wade and LeBron James! We will become the best team everrr!" Didn't you see last night's game? LeBron was showing off in New York. I'm sure he didn't just do that for the heck of it. He even says he loves New York. Has he said anything about being acquainted with Miami? Hell nah. Although Miami has a lot of money, why hasn't Wade resigned a bigger contract then? Maybe because he will go to Chicago? Who knows? You're too dumb and stupid to read what I'm saying anyway. All your whiney little *** does is bash on other users instead of proving your argument, thus you look like someone who is really immature.

Jonathan2323
11-07-2009, 08:13 PM
I can see LeBron coming down to Miami and playing alongside Wade. Who wouldn't want to live in South Beach?

Lebron, Bosh and Wade together will never happen, but Wade and James is very possible.

ARMIN12NBA
11-07-2009, 08:14 PM
I am a HEAT fan and I can say without a doubt that there are plenty of plays run through the high post with haslem/beasley and the low post with Jermaine O'Neal...as well as 10 minutes a game when Wade isn't even on the court...

Wade accounting for 1/3 of our offense is about spot on...

I am not talking about how much he accounts for in terms of points and assists out of the entire point total, which is probably around 1/3.

I am talking purely about how much he handles the ball when he is on the court.

ARMIN12NBA
11-07-2009, 08:15 PM
daleja424 don't spend ur energy with the haters. This is a fact that everyone except the heat fans will hate to see a wade-lebron pair winning 6/7 titles n miami. So, let them just enjoy heat's 5-1 start.

:laugh:

daleja424
11-07-2009, 08:20 PM
I am not talking about how much he accounts for in terms of points and assists out of the entire point total, which is probably around 1/3.

I am talking purely about how much he handles the ball when he is on the court.

as am I... I just told you that 2/3 of our offense is run through beasley, jo, haslem, q-rich, and chalmers...

what aren't you getting?

nipo10847
11-07-2009, 08:30 PM
OOOOOOOOOOH! I'm so hurt by your negative comments :cry: Why don't ya stay with the thread's topic instead of bashing on the Clippers? Yeah, cause you know you're a delusional 12 year old who only augments the Heat's image. "Hey look at our team! They will sign both Dwyane Wade and LeBron James! We will become the best team everrr!" Didn't you see last night's game? LeBron was showing off in New York. I'm sure he didn't just do that for the heck of it. He even says he loves New York. Has he said anything about being acquainted with Miami? Hell nah. Although Miami has a lot of money, why hasn't Wade resigned a bigger contract then? Maybe because he will go to Chicago? Who knows? You're too dumb and stupid to read what I'm saying anyway. All your whiney little *** does is bash on other users instead of proving your argument, thus you look like someone who is really immature.

Because Wade wants to go to clippers and pair up with baron davis ;)

king4day
11-07-2009, 08:30 PM
I didn't see anywhere in the article saying LBJ could go to Miami. Maybe I need to read the whole thing instead of just doing a search for the team.
If he's willing to take less, then he's better off going to the Clippers. Better overall talent by far.

Toenail Clipper
11-07-2009, 08:32 PM
Because Wade wants to go to clippers and pair up with baron davis ;)

Is that all you got? Hahahaha! You're lame. End of debate. I win.

nipo10847
11-07-2009, 08:32 PM

Grammar correction: "Seem" instead of look.

daleja424
11-07-2009, 08:33 PM
I didn't see anywhere in the article saying LBJ could go to Miami. Maybe I need to read the whole thing instead of just doing a search for the team.
If he's willing to take less, then he's better off going to the Clippers. Better overall talent by far.

no response needed... there are at least 5 things wrong this this post...
:facepalm:

championships
Its all just pipe dreams for the Heat fan base. Don't get so excited and start dreaming of multiple titles just yet. First Lebron was going to the Knicks, then the Nets. A couple of days ago it was the Lakers, today its the Heat, By tomorrow it will be the Spurs or Celtics.

Toenail Clipper
Grammer correction: "Seem" instead of look.

It is spelled grammar you idiot! Haha! THE IRONY!

championships
11-07-2009, 08:35 PM
Grammer correction: "Seem" instead of look.

Using "Grammer Correction" as part of your Debate is pretty weak :eyebrow:

nipo10847
11-07-2009, 08:36 PM
It is spelled grammar you idiot! Haha! THE IRONY!

mismatch of a/e is not bigger than look/seem. a/e is a typing error, but a kid who speaks english knows the difference between look and seem.

king4day
11-07-2009, 08:36 PM

Actually it says "Check my TATS" with a dollar sign in front of it. Must mean he paid big dollar for his tattoos :)

king4day
11-07-2009, 08:37 PM
no response needed... there are at least 5 things wrong this this post...
:facepalm:

Please, do explain. I only made 2 points so I'm trying to understand how you got 5 out of it.
If it's regarding the Clippers, keep in mind, they have a better PG, PF, and Center. And Blake Griffin.

EDIT: Maybe the Centers are even. O'neal might get the edge a bit. But if he has a great year, he won't return cheap.

fishfan79
11-07-2009, 08:42 PM
Please, do explain. I only made 2 points so I'm trying to understand how you got 5 out of it.
If it's regarding the Clippers, keep in mind, they have a better PG, PF, and Center. And Blake Griffin.

their Center is a FA, PF I would disagree with, when after the year is done i think beasley will be better imo. But agreed on PG.

still either way Lebron to miam is possible we have by far the most money to spend.

Do I think it will happen? No
Is it possible? yes

I think we snag amare, and perhaps a SF like Howard (dallas) to go with a decent PG if chalmers doesnt live up to his potential. A solid lineup all around that could be trouble for anyone if Beasley becomes the player I expect him to become.

C Amare
PF Beasley
SF Howard
SG Wade
PG Chalmers

we would still have cash for a few nice bench pick ups as well and 2 1st rounders next year.

Toenail Clipper
11-07-2009, 08:43 PM
mismatch of a/e is not bigger than look/seem. a/e is a typing error, but a kid who speaks english knows the difference between look and seem.

It's not a typing error. You truly knew that it was spelled "grammer." The letter "A" to the keyboard is not even next to the letter "E" therefore, stop making excuses. Why are you commenting on my grammar when you should be replying on my one paragraph post? Let me guess, you have no response! It's okay little boy.

_KB24_
11-07-2009, 08:45 PM
^^^lol @ "grammer correction" !!!!!!!!!!!!!

king4day
11-07-2009, 08:49 PM
their Center is a FA, PF I would disagree with, when after the year is done i think beasley will be better imo. But agreed on PG.

still either way Lebron to miam is possible we have by far the most money to spend.

Do I think it will happen? No
Is it possible? yes

I think we snag amare, and perhaps a SF like Howard (dallas) to go with a decent PG if chalmers doesnt live up to his potential. A solid lineup all around that could be trouble for anyone if Beasley becomes the player I expect him to become.

C Amare
PF Beasley
SF Howard
SG Wade
PG Chalmers

we would still have cash for a few nice bench pick ups as well and 2 1st rounders next year.

The problem is you'd be looking at 2 max deals with Amar'e and Wade. Howard will probably not take less than 10mil also (though he'd look good with Wade). If the Cap is going to be lower than 60 next year (which I think is a ploy by Stern to keep the big 3 or 4 from going anywhere), then the starting 5 will be tight to begin with.

If they did get them, then I have a hard time seeing J'ONeal not taking a cut to play on what would likely be a title team.

b_rad23
11-07-2009, 08:51 PM

EDIT: Maybe the Centers are even. O'neal might get the edge a bit. But if he has a great year, he won't return cheap.

Ok so basically now you're telling me they only have better PG and PF (2 of 5 positions), and you're handing the advantage to a rookie at PF and a cancer at PG.

I don't think they have a single advantage.

I'll take the young, defensive, reasonably efficient, great fit at PG over the old, always injured, least efficient PG in the league. Maybe he has more talent but this isn't 1v1 this is a team sport.

So better talent in the starting lineup, better bench, better coach, better organization, better owner, winning team, more cap...

That's what was wrong with your post...

nipo10847
11-07-2009, 08:53 PM
It's not a typing error. You truly knew that it was spelled "grammer." The letter "A" to the keyboard is not even next to the letter "E" therefore, stop making excuses. Why are you commenting on my grammar when you should be replying on my one paragraph post? Let me guess, you have no response! It's okay little boy.

lol....nice win for u and clippers. Be happy now :clap:
i m not responding ur whole paragraph because i dont feel u said something valuable.

daleja424
11-07-2009, 08:54 PM

You want 5 things wrong...I'll try:
1. The article definitely said Lebron to Miami makes sense
2. He doesn't have to take less then a max deal
3. The Clippers probably will not have enough money for a max deal
4. The Clippers are 2-4 and the HEAT are 5-1... yet you contend the Clipps are better off?
5. Miami has Wade...WADE trumps the whole clippers...easily

king4day
11-07-2009, 09:00 PM
Ok so basically now you're telling me they only have better PG and PF (2 of 5 positions), and you're handing the advantage to a rookie at PF and a cancer at PG.

I don't think they have a single advantage.

I'll take the young, defensive, reasonably efficient, great fit at PG over the old, always injured, least efficient PG in the league. Maybe he has more talent but this isn't 1v1 this is a team sport.

So better talent in the starting lineup, better bench, better coach, better organization, better owner, winning team, more cap...

That's what was wrong with your post...

Then swap Davis for Gordon and I'd still take him over Chalmers.
But if Miami can win a title with J-will as their starting PG, than I guess anything's possible.
The Clips are deep. If you put Davis back on a high paced team, then you might see him back to his old self. He was a big reason the Warriors did as well as they did 2 years ago in their playoff run.

It's my opinion. Your points are good. You watch your team far more than I do, so I'm not knocking you for it. But respect my opinion don't bash it.

I feel the clips have more youth and money to play with. He can also be the main guy on that team. Because Davis is such a good offensive player, teams have to respect him while Lebron does what he wants. If LBJ can't make something happen, then let Blake or Kaman do work inside, or let Davis play his combo role as well as he can.

Mile High Champ
11-07-2009, 09:00 PM
haha more garbage coming from ESPN, when will this station stop making up news or stop pretending like they have any indication where Lebron will be going in the summer of 2010..

king4day
11-07-2009, 09:13 PM
You want 5 things wrong...I'll try:
1. The article definitely said Lebron to Miami makes sense
2. He doesn't have to take less then a max deal
3. The Clippers probably will not have enough money for a max deal
4. The Clippers are 2-4 and the HEAT are 5-1... yet you contend the Clipps are better off?
5. Miami has Wade...WADE trumps the whole clippers...easily

Two points:

"I didn't see anywhere in the article saying LBJ could go to Miami. Maybe I need to read the whole thing instead of just doing a search for the team."
I had already pointed out that I didn't read the article and just did a CTRL-F. Nothing came up about Miami getting him when I searched for 'Miami". This is what I pointed out. - Point 1.

"If he's willing to take less, then he's better off going to the Clippers. Better overall talent by far." It's already known the Clippers won't have enough to Max LBJ if they don't deal away Kaman or Davis. Since a point of the article is "He might be willing to take less money", that is why I brought up the Clippers. It's also the only reason Miami is even a possibility. - Point 2

I didn't say anything about records.
The Cavs were a sorry franchise until LBJ came in. That team could have only wished to have the talent that the Clippers have at the time they drafted him. Look where they are now. LA has a bigger head start.

My opinion is the Clippers are the better fit. If you don't like that and need to express your frustration for my opinion on me then you need to take it easy.

daleja424
11-07-2009, 09:23 PM
Two points:

I had already pointed out that I didn't read the article and just did a CTRL-F. Nothing came up about Miami getting him when I searched for 'Miami". This is what I pointed out. - Point 1.

It's already known the Clippers won't have enough to Max LBJ if they don't deal away Kaman or Davis. Since a point of the article is "He might be willing to take less money", that is why I brought up the Clippers. It's also the only reason Miami is even a possibility. - Point 2

I didn't say anything about records.
The Cavs were a sorry franchise until LBJ came in. That team could have only wished to have the talent that the Clippers have at the time they drafted him. Look where they are now. LA has a bigger head start.

My opinion is the Clippers are the better fit. If you don't like that and need to express your frustration for my opinion on me then you need to take it easy.

wrong again...

1. Miami can offer him a full max deal along with wade

2. Thats a terrible point... he can go to a bad team and make them better or a good team and make them great.

king4day
11-07-2009, 09:30 PM
wrong again...

1. Miami can offer him a full max deal along with wade

2. Thats a terrible point... he can go to a bad team and make them better or a good team and make them great.

How much does Miami have off the books this offseason? Not including Wade since that's a wash if they resign him.
JO will be the biggest.
So if they resign Wade to Max. What will there cap be at that time, without signing anyone else yet?

daleja424
11-07-2009, 09:33 PM
How much does Miami have off the books this offseason? Not including Wade since that's a wash if they resign him.
JO will be the biggest.
So if they resign Wade to Max. What will there cap be at that time, without signing anyone else yet?

If they resign Wade they will have a salary number of about 22 mil...with the cap expected to be AT LEAST 52 million. Leaving them still as much as 30 million to sign other players

asandhu23
11-07-2009, 09:36 PM

Oh No, they are on to us. Quick tie up all the loose ends

king4day
11-07-2009, 09:36 PM
If they resign Wade they will have a salary number of about 22 mil...with the cap expected to be AT LEAST 52 million. Leaving them still as much as 30 million to sign other players

Sweet baby Jesus, how many players are off the books this offseason?
Well that's their advantage then, that they can sign him to max.
I guess if Boston can do it with the big 3 (just about), then it can work.
I still like him on the Clippers though.

daleja424
11-07-2009, 09:42 PM
Sweet baby Jesus, how many players are off the books this offseason?
Well that's their advantage then, that they can sign him to max.
I guess if Boston can do it with the big 3 (just about), then it can work.
I still like him on the Clippers though.

The only players the have left under contract after this year are Beasley (4.5 mil), Cook (2.5 mil), and Chalmers (less then 1 mil)....

hopefully they can resign wade and add lebron for about 32 mil and then spend the rest of the cap filling the roster with guys like haslem, jo, etc and vets looking for a title

king4day
11-07-2009, 09:44 PM
The only players the have left under contract after this year are Beasley (4.5 mil), Cook (2.5 mil), and Chalmers (less then 1 mil)....

hopefully they can resign wade and add lebron for about 32 mil and then spend the rest of the cap filling the roster with guys like haslem, jo, etc and vets looking for a title

I think we can agree that if Wade and Lebron ever paired on an NBA team, that Kobe lovers heads would explode :D

daleja424
11-07-2009, 09:47 PM
I think we can agree that if Wade and Lebron ever paired on an NBA team, that Kobe lovers heads would explode :D

RaiderLakersA's
11-07-2009, 10:03 PM

The Showtime Lakers only had one ball, too, iirc.

If it happens, it would be great for the Eastern Conference.

MaHaRaJaH
11-07-2009, 10:10 PM

Jordan BIG shadow, PiPPen not as big. However Wade and James equally large shadows...

BALLER71
11-07-2009, 10:15 PM
LOL. Some guy called a Dwayne Wade a ballhog. I would quote the post but I'm to lazy.
:)

bigbill
11-07-2009, 10:17 PM
What I would like to see is the big three DWade, Bosh and LeBron leaving their respective teams and all going to..........THE CLIPPERS!!!

Bigbill:clap:clap::clap::

Toenail Clipper
11-07-2009, 10:26 PM
What I would like to see is the big three DWade, Bosh and LeBron leaving their respective teams and all going to..........THE CLIPPERS!!!

yawn.

ATX
11-07-2009, 10:54 PM
Umm, am I missing something? Where did LeBron say anything about playing in Miami next season? He couldn't have been more vague...This is just more speculation...However, I do believe that wade and LeBron could coexist easily.

daleja424
11-07-2009, 11:15 PM
Umm, am I missing something? Where did LeBron say anything about playing in Miami next season? He couldn't have been more vague...This is just more speculation...However, I do believe that wade and LeBron could coexist easily.

He didn't say anything about playing in Miami. This is just Chris Sheridan's opinion. But it raises a great question. People have forgotten about the money Miami will have in 2010.

Ethix11
11-07-2009, 11:16 PM
Cook, Chalmers, & Beasley are the only players under contract next season and they are all shooters. Yet people dont believe that by adding two ¨DO IT ALL PLAYERS¨ that the team would be better for it? Theres enough ball to go around for both of them to score 30 points each night dummies. Werent Melo and AI able to do something like that? OHH NO BUT WADE AND LEBRON COULD NEVER DO IT BECAUSE THEYRE BETTER!

Ethix11
11-07-2009, 11:19 PM
Marc Stein:

Heard it from someone plugged into the Team USA scene this week. From a prominent player agent. From an Eastern Conference team official, too.

Move Miami up your list.

That's the advice I'm getting more and more. No doctorate required to understand the thinking, either: Miami's combination of Dwyane Wade, Pat Riley, sufficient cap space to sign one max player and the bonus attraction of South Beach adds up to an offer LeBron might not be able to refuse.

Did we mention D-Wade?

The long-held assumption around the league called for Riley -- forever married to the idea that you win nothing without a dominant big man -- to try to sign Bosh away from Toronto to partner with D-Wade, helped along by the fact that Bosh and Wade are both represented by Chicago-based agent Henry Thomas. Yet one source close to the situation told ESPN.com on Thursday night that the theory is outdated. The source is further convinced that Bosh isn't even looking at Miami and that Riley is definitely dreaming of a Wade-and-LeBron combo.

Michael Beasley might be the only other NBA-worthy starter besides Wade on the Heat's roster come July -- and Beasley obviously still has plenty to prove -- but surely James will be tempted. Think about it.

Let's not overstate the chance to work with Riley or the South Beach factor but instead focus solely on the opportunity to hook up with his fellow 2003 draftee and form what might be the most dynamic perimeter tag team of all-time. At worst? LeBron and Wade could sure put a modern/scary/spectacular spin on the Jordan-and-Scottie Pippen concept.

I'm starting to get the vibe that the Cavs know it, too.

daleja424
11-07-2009, 11:28 PM
Marc Stein:

Heard it from someone plugged into the Team USA scene this week. From a prominent player agent. From an Eastern Conference team official, too.

Move Miami up your list.

That's the advice I'm getting more and more. No doctorate required to understand the thinking, either: Miami's combination of Dwyane Wade, Pat Riley, sufficient cap space to sign one max player and the bonus attraction of South Beach adds up to an offer LeBron might not be able to refuse.

Did we mention D-Wade?

The long-held assumption around the league called for Riley -- forever married to the idea that you win nothing without a dominant big man -- to try to sign Bosh away from Toronto to partner with D-Wade, helped along by the fact that Bosh and Wade are both represented by Chicago-based agent Henry Thomas. Yet one source close to the situation told ESPN.com on Thursday night that the theory is outdated. The source is further convinced that Bosh isn't even looking at Miami and that Riley is definitely dreaming of a Wade-and-LeBron combo.

Michael Beasley might be the only other NBA-worthy starter besides Wade on the Heat's roster come July -- and Beasley obviously still has plenty to prove -- but surely James will be tempted. Think about it.

Let's not overstate the chance to work with Riley or the South Beach factor but instead focus solely on the opportunity to hook up with his fellow 2003 draftee and form what might be the most dynamic perimeter tag team of all-time. At worst? LeBron and Wade could sure put a modern/scary/spectacular spin on the Jordan-and-Scottie Pippen concept.

I'm starting to get the vibe that the Cavs know it, too.

:drool:

ATX
Wow...(IF) Lebron goes to Miami to join forces with Wade, Miami will be the most loved/hated team in the NBA.

nipo10847

they wont exist in two years. There'll b no such thing in nba.

daleja424
11-07-2009, 11:29 PM
if this happens the nba will have to change its rule on max number of nationally televised games...

wade/lebron would be the greatest show on earth

J$mo0th_3o5
11-07-2009, 11:37 PM
Alot of people are saying it won't happen because they're just scared and know that if Lebron comes down here it's over for the rest of the league.

nipo10847
11-07-2009, 11:38 PM
if this happens the nba will have to change its rule on max number of nationally televised games...

wade/lebron would be the greatest show on earth

No doubt. It will also be great for the sport of basketball. Think about it-- this'll be a big news even in places where people really don't know/care about basketball. Although I doubt Mr. Stern will let this happen because he knows nba will be competition-less for next half decade.

daleja424
11-07-2009, 11:39 PM
No doubt. It will also be great for the sport of basketball. Think about it-- this'll be a big news even in places where people really don't know/care much about basketball. Although I doubt Mr. Stern will let this happen because he knows nba will be competition-less for next half decade.

I was thinking that too... people all over the world will want to tune in to say wade and bro play together...

nipo10847
11-07-2009, 11:42 PM
Anyways, Miami has a lot of positives even if this doesn't happen. Maximum cap space and Mr. Riley will make the team contender no matter what.

Ethix11
11-07-2009, 11:43 PM
Its entertaining how some of you come up with baseless facts saying that theyre both selfish when Wade is not and Lebron CLEARLY said YESTERDAY that its not so much about the money as it is about winning! Yet some of you discard what came out of his very own mouth and call the man a liar! :laugh: ¨Oh thats not true we all know he doesnt mean that, he really wants more money¨. Oh really? So you must know Lebron personally to say such a thing. Or you must be smarter than him. Or better yet, you are him! Hey LEBRON! Are you saying that you would rather work your butt off every night for the chance to win a championship instead of taking it easy with sidekicks like Wade and Beasley and cruise through a dynasty? :facepalm: Oh so your PR told you to say that so you wouldnt look bad? Then why havent you just said you would stay in Cleveland and look your best then?

How can some of you come up with these arguments claiming you know better than what he actually said when he said he wanted a career remembered by winning championships not one where hes just didnt live up to the hype because he remained selfish and only got himelf 2 rings tops for example on a less than stellar team?

And to the guy that said ¨swish¨, co-signing the guy who said that if this happend on another team that heat fans would be disagreeing with it as a possibility because its not happening to them,. :facepalm: heres a sticky for you because once again you used a baseless fact to prove your ¨point¨ when i a heat fan would be exited to see what such a pairing could be capable of if it were on any other team. I want to witness greatness so dont keep arguing a point that you cant make. Those type of comments make me lose credibility in any posts you make in the future.

Hoopsadvocate
11-07-2009, 11:46 PM
Alot of people are saying it won't happen because they're just scared and know that if Lebron comes down here it's over for the rest of the league.

I dont think so i still think the lakers core or Bryant,Pau,Bynum,Odom,Artest can easily compete and so can the magics Howard,nelson,carter,lewis. And boston for about the first 2 years.

If we do get him and wade to stay then we would be fairly weak depth wise and at 1 or 2 positions. But wade and lebron can easily make up for it overall but it will still by no means by over for the rest of league maybe 2-3 years ago ya but not the league the way it is now.

JordansBulls
11-07-2009, 11:48 PM

Pippen wasn't a dominant scorer.

Anyway if Lebron went to Miami, he is going to be the 2nd option?

kjoke
11-07-2009, 11:51 PM
lets say he does go to Miami, would it bother Lebron that Wade won it wih out him, and that he could only win it with Wade? Sort of what we talked about with Kobe before he one the title.

Ethix11
11-07-2009, 11:55 PM
Wow...(IF) Lebron goes to Miami to join forces with Wade, Miami will be the most loved/hated team in the NBA.

True. But if you dont have haters, then you havent accomplished much..

If we do get him and wade to stay then we would be fairly weak depth wise and at 1 or 2 positions. But wade and lebron can easily make up for it overall but it will still by no means by over for the rest of league maybe 2-3 years ago ya but not the league the way it is now.

Yeah at first perhaps if players dont take pay cuts to win like A.I. kind of. And then as the years go on, draft picks mature into nothing less than depth.

Pippen wasn't a dominant scorer.

Anyway if Lebron went to Miami, he is going to be the 2nd option?

No. He would be 1st IMO because he is more of a media whore and Wade doesnt care as long as he is winning. He already has 1 ring. When Lebron gets his, he wont care as much also. Wade is older and more mature.

daleja424
11-07-2009, 11:58 PM
lets say he does go to Miami, would it bother Lebron that Wade won it wih out him, and that he could only win it with Wade? Sort of what we talked about with Kobe before he one the title.

did it bother kobe that he can't win without a dominant sidekick? I doubt it... pretty sure he is just glad to have so many rings...

daleja424
11-07-2009, 11:59 PM

we all know how great they are as individual players... they have nothing left to prove statistically...now it is about rings

JordansBulls
11-07-2009, 11:59 PM
No. He would be 1st IMO because he is more of a media whore and Wade doesnt care as long as he is winning. He already has 1 ring. When Lebron gets his, he wont care as much also. Wade is older and more mature.

Not if he is going to another team to play with the franchise player that is just as good as he is.

Ethix11
11-08-2009, 12:02 AM

Ok put your self in his position. You already have enough cash to wipe your *** with so its safe to say your a happy person. The only thing eluding you is a championship and the glory of being considered the G.O.A.T. Ok championship is attainable. As for the other thing, just put up monstar numbers with Wade as your sidekick if it really means that much to you. What will people be saying then? ¨Lebron is the best player on that team, he is the Jordan, how many rings does he have?¨ Will Wade care about being Scottie? Take it from a heat fan who knows this guy is a class act and idolized Scottie. Nope. He will have plenty of seasons to put up great numbers too...Theres more positives than any selfish problem here..

b_rad23
11-08-2009, 12:04 AM
Like I've said before, doesn't have to be 1st or 2nd option.

Can be two of the greatest ever going to whoever has the better matchup. Co-captains, co-leaders.

Hoopsadvocate
11-08-2009, 12:05 AM
Heres how i see it Lebrons 3 best options are NY,NJ,and Miami if cleveland does not make it to at least the ECF this year.

NY: Best option fame wise, league wise, popularity wise. League wise is the best because the Knicks are just a well known team and love em or hate em (especially if your a HEAT fan like me) you still want to see them get back to contending form and out of mediocrity (this should speak volumes coming from a HEAT fan).Also the balance of power will shift and change is good in the league it keeps people interested and relevant instead of the same old Lakers, Cleveland, and Boston are winning. I mean look how ratings shot up when boston came back from the grave. Fame wise ven more eyes would be on him just cause he will be representing a NY team even non-Lebron fans would toon in to see him in a new system and see how he handles a new team and the new spotlight.

NJ: Best option straight up talent wise, long term wise (based on what they will have on the roster for 2010). A young reliable center in a league where they seem to be a dieing breed, a very fast effective scoring, defensive, and playmaking pg whos just hitting his prime, and a up and coming defensive minded gritty sg with finals experience with a high ceiling is hard to ignore. It would be the most help he could get out of the 3 teams straight up (not counting the HEATS situation with Wade because he will be a FA while these 3 are on the team for a while). Add another max contract player and there poised to make some noise.

MIA: Best option career wise (chance at winning ring(s)). If he signs here its because wade is also signing in miami ,pretty much. Riley has stated this is the first chance hes had to build a legit dynasty which is why hes stuck to his 2010 plan but at the same time hes managed to keep his team in the playoff picture (something the NJ and NY could not do) That speaks volumes to players who want to win because it shows the management will do anything to win and there not just all talk they actually produce (see 2006). Riley is a pretty convincing man and a well respected man in the league he will sell it to lebron and wade better than any team and his advantage is winning.

So overall its what Lebron and Wade want.
is it fame, and popularity? The NY's your place.
is it a reliable supporting cast that will last you a long time? then NJ wins the jackpot
or is it truly all about winning championships with an organization that has been there before? if so a Wade Lebron pairing in South Beach is the easy choice.

kjoke
11-08-2009, 12:08 AM
Ok put your self in his position. You already have enough cash to wipe your *** with so its safe to say your a happy person. The only thing eluding you is a championship and the glory of being considered the G.O.A.T. Ok championship is attainable. As for the other thing, just put up monstar numbers with Wade as your sidekick if it really means that much to you. What will people be saying then? ¨Lebron is the best player on that team, he is the Jordan, how many rings does he have?¨ Will Wade care about being Scottie? Take it from a heat fan who knows this guy is a class act and idolized Scottie. Nope. He will have plenty of seasons to put up great numbers too...Theres more positives than any selfish problem here..

you cant just think that wade will be ok with being 2nd, wade has always siad winning is the first priority but im pretty sure he wants to be the biggest reason why that team is winning. Other than his rookie season wade has always been the first option; everybody wants fame and glory, dont be so sure that wade will be that easy to set down as the number one option.

And since when did wade idolize scottie, i always though he wanted to be jordan :eyebrow:

daleja424
11-08-2009, 12:09 AM
[/B]
you cant just think that wade will be ok with being 2nd just because you think hes he seems to be. Other than his rookie season wade has always been the first option, everybody wants fame and glory, dont be so sure that wade will be that easy to set down as the nember one option.

And since when did wade idolize scottie, i always though he wanted to be jordan :eyebrow:

wade was second fiddle all the way until the Finals in 2006. He spent 3 years as Flash, sidekick to Superman...

(only 2 of the 3 were with Shaq of course)

nipo10847
11-08-2009, 12:12 AM
Not if he is going to another team to play with the franchise player that is just as good as he is.

I don't think they will mind averaging 25 or 24 ppg instead of 29 or 30 ppg for the sake of winning multiple titles. Karl Malone, Charles Barkely no way have better place in the history than Tim Duncan (although both have better numbers than Timmy). Why? Because of his 4 CHAMPIONSHIPS. And that's what matters the most. I was watching barkely, kenny smith, and Kevin Machale on TNT describing their experience/ feeling of winning titles. Barkely was putting his palm on his face. He knows how painful it is. We can guess Lebron definately doesn't want to have that same feeling. Here's the link.........
http://www.nba.com/video/channels/barkleyzone/

kjoke
11-08-2009, 12:15 AM
wade was second fiddle all the way until the Finals in 2006. He spent 3 years as Flash, sidekick to Superman...

(only 2 of the 3 were with Shaq of course)

That was wade's team, not Shaq's

daleja424
11-08-2009, 12:17 AM
That was wade's team, not Shaq's

no...that was shaq's team still at that point. It didnt become wade's team until the playoffs that year

dtmagnet
11-08-2009, 12:18 AM
This thread is lame, you could write all the articles you want of possible dream teams next year. Hell if one of those players accepted the MLE the Lakers/Celtics/Magic could be unstoppable too let's write an article about that.

kjoke
11-08-2009, 12:21 AM
no...that was shaq's team still at that point. It didnt become wade's team until the playoffs that year
it became wades team in the 04-05 playoffs, and probably a little before that, dont get me wrong shaq was a BIG part of the teams but wade was still superior

nipo10847
11-08-2009, 12:23 AM
This thread is lame, you could write all the articles you want of possible dream teams next year. Hell if one of those players accepted the MLE the Lakers/Celtics/Magic could be unstoppable too let's write an article about that.

Are you talking about wade, lebron taking MLE?? I seriously hope you are kidding or you are on drug.