PDA

View Full Version : Spurs' Parker expects to be out a week

JordansBulls
11-07-2009, 04:21 PM
Source: MySanAntonio (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/Spurs_Parker_expects_to_be_out_a_week.html)

purs point guard Tony Parker says the sprained ankle that knocked him from Friday nights 96-84 loss against the Trail Blazers isnt as severe as others hes suffered in his career.

Parker missed nine games early last season after spraining the same ankle, and missed a month with the French national team during the summer with a similar injury to his right ankle.

This one is not even close, Parker said late Friday night. It will be a week, maybe.

Parker was injured on a drive late in the second quarter against Portland and did not return.

I went to do an in-and-out move, Parker said. I went one way and my ankle went the other.

X-rays taken at the Rose Garden were negative, and Parker left the arena after the game under his own power. He is expected to be re-evaluated Saturday after the Spurs return to San Antonio.

Second-year guard George Hill, who will assume starting duties for however long Parker is out, said he knew his All-Star counterpart was in pain when he limped to the locker room.

I know how Tony is, Hill said. Hes a fighter. He always wants to be in. When he limps off, you know hes really hurt.

Jays Claw
11-07-2009, 04:36 PM
I hope Tony Parker recovers from this injury soon.

Wilson
11-07-2009, 04:47 PM
Good news for the Spurs.

Is George Hill going to start now for a while? Should be interesting to see how he handles it...

Jays Claw
11-07-2009, 04:56 PM
I assume George Hill would get the nod as the temporary starting point guard. It's sort of a good and bad situation for the San Antonio Spurs. The good thing is, George Hill is getting some burn as the starter. The bad thing is, many teams will try to expose the inexperienced guard.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-07-2009, 06:07 PM
i actually read the title and my eyes did tell me that it was Smush parker, I was like WTF but then opened the thread and saw it was about Tony Parker

:facepalm:

RaptorsFanatic
11-07-2009, 06:33 PM
wow there goes my fantasy week...

Kakaroach
11-07-2009, 06:37 PM
Ouch that sucks for the Spurs. They always struggle early and TP was taking the load offensively.

GodsSon
11-07-2009, 07:32 PM
good news for the Raptors who play them on monday

Bruno
11-07-2009, 11:06 PM
Damn, he's on one of my fantasy leagues.

CPtrailblazer
11-08-2009, 06:04 AM
thats what happens when u go against a good team... lol jk i respect tony as a player hope he recovers