PDA

View Full Version : All Star Reserve Centre?

RaptorizedKevin
11-07-2009, 12:46 PM
Other than dwight howard, the best centre in the nba, whos goning to represent the east and west centres?

east

Howard
Horford? shaq? bargnani?

west

Al Jefferson
Bynum? kaman? Nene?

Hoenstly for the east, i see bargnani as the reserve.. 20 pts 7 rebounds? this guys just getting bettter and better, by all star break hes gonna be averagind 20 and 8 rebs. definatly all star numbers..
dont yu think? who will represent the centres in the all star game?

randomness
11-07-2009, 12:51 PM
West is gonna be Bynum or Nene and East.... probably Shaq. If not, I hope it's Bargnani.

Sly Guy
11-07-2009, 12:55 PM
at this point I'd give the nod to bargs, but there's a LONG way to go.

clutchski
11-07-2009, 12:55 PM
I think it's incredibly up in the air. Bargnani won't get that much love, partially because many think he's not a true centre in the league. Despite his decline in stats, Shaq has been an integral figure in past All-Star games and he'll probably get voted in merely because of that. Horford is averaging 10.5 rebound and 2.5 blocks so far..along with 12 points. And you know that will be consistent up until the All-star break, and consistency is up in the air for Bargnani.

And for the West, I see Bynum getting the nod this year.

HiphopRelated
11-07-2009, 01:42 PM
Jo

FlakeyFool
11-07-2009, 02:00 PM
shaq

just because he is shaq

Hellcrooner
11-07-2009, 02:03 PM
howard is a lock and duncan is a lock

the you got pau gasol and shaq that are basically locks too

then you got a list of players contending for it some of them pf playing out of position.

bargnani, al jeff, stoudamire , bynum, marc gasol, bogut, lopez etc

ragee
11-07-2009, 02:03 PM
East:

Bargnani or Horford

West:

Kaman, Bynum or Jefferson

topdog
11-07-2009, 02:14 PM
Are the official listings out yet? It's always a question of whether players like Duncan and Amare are listed as forward or center. Coming into this year I would have said Big Al out West but with his early struggles coming off of a surgery and learning a new system, idk that he'll make it this year.

Hopefully Shaq doesn't make it this year - he's already had one too many.

bctgg27
11-07-2009, 02:21 PM
I think Brook could be a reserve, but it will be Shaq, even if he doesnt deserve it.

MakaSizzle
11-07-2009, 02:22 PM
In america it is Center please get it right u peice

Stunner
11-07-2009, 02:37 PM
Noah

iHop
11-07-2009, 02:58 PM
Brook Lopez

carter15
11-07-2009, 03:11 PM
^ shud b brook lopez...he and bargnani are the 2nd and 3rd best centers in the East in no particular order. Lopez is much more of a true C though.

SaimoNETS
11-07-2009, 03:16 PM
Pezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
but bargnani is playing well also.
shaq SHOULD NOT make it.

LanceUpperCut
11-07-2009, 03:28 PM

Well in Canada were PSD started off it's centre. So please get it right u piece.

Mavrix
11-07-2009, 03:30 PM
Hands down Kaman

TheCardiacKids
11-07-2009, 03:31 PM
Brendan Haywood should get a look or two.

b_russ
11-07-2009, 03:32 PM
Kaman is tearing it up.

Mavrix
11-07-2009, 03:37 PM
Kaman needs to start. Al Jeff backing him up.

Wilson
11-07-2009, 03:40 PM
For Andrew Bynum a lot of it depends on what happens when Pau Gasol comes back. His scoring will dip, and depending on what happens with his minutes his rebounding could take a bit hit as well.

Bucks24226
11-07-2009, 07:30 PM
FastBreak check your PM's

MrFastBreak
11-07-2009, 07:31 PM
I really don't think Shaq will make anymore all-star games.

East: Bargnani

West: Nene

Jamiecballer
11-07-2009, 07:34 PM

what a piece of work you are

it Canada it's centre so back the hell off

and i think it will be Lopez or Bargnani or JO

Toenail Clipper
11-07-2009, 07:36 PM
West
Kaman
Bynum
Jefferson

East
Howard

I don't get why everyone is considering Nene if he's ONLY averaging 14 and 9.

Raps18-19 Champ
11-07-2009, 07:38 PM
Bynum and Bargnani have been lighting it up.

I think they have legit shots.

Bynum got more competition though because they can move guys like Amare or Gasol to C to accommodate more space for the other forwards.

MrFastBreak
11-07-2009, 07:50 PM
West
Kaman
Bynum
Jefferson

East
Howard

I don't get why everyone is considering Nene if he's ONLY averaging 14 and 9.

You must not read the question correctly. He said who would be the backup center in the allstar game. You dont think Nene could be the backup center? 14 and 9 is not that low either, not for a center like him anyway. It not like he's a 3pt shooter. Him, Kmart and Birdman all share rebounds.

Gibby
11-07-2009, 08:09 PM
east: Dwight Howard is a lock to get voted in then its between bargnani, lopez.

west: its tough because we dont know who will be voted in. two of following will get in (1 starter 1 reserve): Kaman, Jefferson, Bynum, Marc Gasol,

Gibby
11-07-2009, 08:11 PM
You must not read the question correctly. He said who would be the backup center in the allstar game. You dont think Nene could be the backup center? 14 and 9 is not that low either, not for a center like him anyway. It not like he's a 3pt shooter. Him, Kmart and Birdman all share rebounds.

lol ur sig is jks. wtf is JR Smith doing lol. and phil jackson reaction is awesome.

Toenail Clipper
11-07-2009, 08:20 PM

if backup as in coming off the bench, no. if backup as in injuries for the elite centers, maybe nene could go in.

king4day
11-07-2009, 09:46 PM
West is gonna be Bynum or Nene and East.... probably Shaq. If not, I hope it's Bargnani.

Agreed.
Shaq will get voted by the fans. Bynum and Nene will fight for the starter in the West.
I'd like to see Bargnani get in.

Raph12
11-07-2009, 10:53 PM
Bynum for the West; Lopez/Horford for the East

Lost Art
11-07-2009, 11:14 PM
Bynum is going to start, not be a reserve. Honestly, who else is going to start in the west?

albertc86
11-07-2009, 11:17 PM
How about Lopez from New Jersey?

SaimoNETS
11-08-2009, 12:00 AM
Brook lopez!!!!

Chronz
11-08-2009, 12:30 AM
If this thing was legit as of right now

West: Duncan, Bynum, Nene
East: Dwight, Jermaine, Horford

For Andrew Bynum a lot of it depends on what happens when Pau Gasol comes back. His scoring will dip, and depending on what happens with his minutes his rebounding could take a bit hit as well.

The only thing Pau's presence will do is make people doubt whether the Lakers deserve 3 All-Stars, but Bynum is an All-Star whether you know it or not.

Wilson
11-08-2009, 12:35 AM
The only thing Pau's presence will do is make people doubt whether the Lakers deserve 3 All-Stars, but Bynum is an All-Star whether you know it or not.

I do think he has the talent, I just think that sharing the offense with Kobe, Pau and even Ron and/or Lamar if they get hot will mean less scoring for Andrew, which will probably mean less all-star votes.

Chronz
11-08-2009, 12:50 AM
I do think he has the talent, I just think that sharing the offense with Kobe, Pau and even Ron and/or Lamar if they get hot will mean less scoring for Andrew, which will probably mean less all-star votes.
All that could means is that he gets to go back to dominating like he did when they were there before, that was Bynum at his finest. Also the increase in team dominance will result in more all-star votes, so your not really covering both ends of the spectrum.

Unless your assuming the Lakers wont be good enough, even with his addition to legitimately command 3 All-Stars, I doubt thats the case though I can see your point if not, coaches have made very dumb decisions before so you can never put anything past them.

Still from an objective standpoint, the Bynum that had to do less with more around him, put up better stats than the look to score more and rebound less Bynum. Hard to say how much of that had to do with his mindset and how much of it had to do with Pau's presence but a quick glance at the on/off court #'s say sharing the ball wasnt much of a significant factor.

Basically hes an all-star, whether Pau is playing or not, heres hoping the coaches are as smart as you and I, and that the Lakers play to their potential.

koreancabbage
11-08-2009, 12:52 AM
Brook Lopez >>>> Bargnani in terms of overall production by all-star break.

Lopez will be the reserve C (maybe if Shaq doesn't make it.)

Wilson
11-08-2009, 01:08 AM
All that could means is that he gets to go back to dominating like he did when they were there before, that was Bynum at his finest. Also the increase in team dominance will result in more all-star votes, so your not really covering both ends of the spectrum.

Unless your assuming the Lakers wont be good enough, even with his addition to legitimately command 3 All-Stars, I doubt thats the case though I can see your point if not, coaches have made very dumb decisions before so you can never put anything past them.

Still from an objective standpoint, the Bynum that had to do less with more around him, put up better stats than the look to score more and rebound less Bynum. Hard to say how much of that had to do with his mindset and how much of it had to do with Pau's presence but a quick glance at the on/off court #'s say sharing the ball wasnt much of a significant factor.

Basically hes an all-star, whether Pau is playing or not, heres hoping the coaches are as smart as you and I, and that the Lakers play to their potential.

I forgot to consider that, good point.

If he commits himself to defense and rebounding he can be very good there, it's just sometimes he seems distracted and uninterested on that side of the court. That should improve with age and maturation though (:pray:).

Andrew and Pau did start to show good chemistry last season before Andrew's injury, if they can maintain that then you're probably right about his all-star chances.

Gibby
11-08-2009, 01:31 AM
Agreed.
Shaq will get voted by the fans. Bynum and Nene will fight for the starter in the West.
I'd like to see Bargnani get in.

I seriously doubt Shaq gets voted. Dwight was leading vote getter last year and Shaq wasnt even voted in last year. i dont know why Shaq would be voted, when his performance only got worse.

Bruno
11-08-2009, 05:28 AM
Out west- Kaman-Bynum-Nene. AL JEFF is on the outside looking in until he picks his game up/adjusts to the offense.

East- Howard-Lopez-David Lee (starts at C for NY)

CPtrailblazer
11-08-2009, 06:05 AM
bynums a beast i hope one day oden will be good :facepalm:

blazerman
11-08-2009, 06:37 AM
bynums a beast i hope one day oden will be good :facepalm:

Oden's doing fine, for supposedly not having an offensive game he worked Tim Duncan pretty easily, I believe Duncan is a 12 time 1st team all nba defender, well Oden powered him at will and as the game went on he blocked multiple shots by Duncan's thus making him irrelevant in the game.
Give Oden til mid season and I bet you dont have any worries about him improving. heck he even hit a 16 ft jumper in Duncan's mug. He's getting better every game!

Bynum is the frontrunner and Id give Nene the backup spot just, he's a tough baller and deserves some respect but this is as of now. Things could change in a month.

MTar786
11-08-2009, 09:10 AM
Oden's doing fine, for supposedly not having an offensive game he worked Tim Duncan pretty easily, I believe Duncan is a 12 time 1st team all nba defender, well Oden powered him at will and as the game went on he blocked multiple shots by Duncan's thus making him irrelevant in the game.
Give Oden til mid season and I bet you dont have any worries about him improving. heck he even hit a 16 ft jumper in Duncan's mug. He's getting better every game!

Bynum is the frontrunner and Id give Nene the backup spot just, he's a tough baller and deserves some respect but this is as of now. Things could change in a month.

i totally agree with u. that game against the spurs oden played like an all star. his offense was more than great for what you would expect. his d and his rebounding was great. if he was able to play like this all season he'd be an all star every year. but remember.. its only one game.. so dont get ur hopes up just yet

MrFastBreak
11-08-2009, 09:46 AM
if backup as in coming off the bench, no. if backup as in injuries for the elite centers, maybe nene could go in.

Who are the elite centers?

blazerman
11-08-2009, 10:03 AM
i totally agree with u. that game against the spurs oden played like an all star. his offense was more than great for what you would expect. his d and his rebounding was great. if he was able to play like this all season he'd be an all star every year. but remember.. its only one game.. so dont get ur hopes up just yet

Oh Im not getting ahead of myself, I dont even think the allstar game is anything he should be worrying about this yr. I just want to see him get a solid grasp of how the nba game is played and how to read what teams are doing on offense so he will be prepared to defend without getting into foul trouble so much he is learning quickly and developing along nicely. I think his numbers will climb in the second half of the season but I bet next yr he has a big breakout yr, this yr is getting used to everything and working on technique's, defense,learning a couple of go to moves and learning how to pass out of double and triple teams. Oden will be a beast in 2 yrs from now and I say the west allstar starter2011/2012. Like I said this will be more of a yr to quiet the critics and hone his skills, next yr is the real breakout yr and the following yr it's all Bllllaaaaazzzzzzeeeeerrrrrrrsssss, haha

mrblisterdundee
11-08-2009, 11:44 PM
West:

PG - Chris Paul, Deron Williams
SG - Kobe Bryant, Brandon Roy
SF - Carmello Anthony, Kevin Durant
PF - Amare Stoudemire, Tim Duncan
C - Nene, Al Jefferson

Other Three: Steve Nash, Pau Gasol, Tony Parker

East:

PG - Derrick Rose, Rajon Rondo
SG - Dwayne Wade, Joe Johnson
SF - LeBron James, Paul Pierce
PF - Kevin Garnett, Chris Bosh
C - Dwight Howard, Shaquille O'Neal

Other Three: Danny Granger, Vince Carter, Josh Smith

Gambeezy
11-08-2009, 11:51 PM
Should be Brook. Who said Noah? :pity:

MTar786
11-09-2009, 01:37 AM
West:

PG - Chris Paul, Deron Williams
SG - Kobe Bryant, Brandon Roy
SF - Carmello Anthony, Kevin Durant
PF - Amare Stoudemire, Tim Duncan
C - Nene, Al Jefferson

Other Three: Steve Nash, Pau Gasol, Tony Parker

East:

PG - Derrick Rose, Rajon Rondo
SG - Dwayne Wade, Joe Johnson
SF - LeBron James, Paul Pierce
PF - Kevin Garnett, Chris Bosh
C - Dwight Howard, Shaquille O'Neal

Other Three: Danny Granger, Vince Carter, Josh Smith

LOLOLOLOL i cant believe u just said nene is going to be the starting center for the west. u should get banned from psd just for saying that lol

Stunner
11-09-2009, 01:53 AM
noah

D-Leethal
11-09-2009, 06:16 AM
David Lee is averaging 20 and 10 right now but I doubt he'll get it because his team is terrible and there is Dwight/Shaq in the east

bigsams50
11-09-2009, 06:20 AM
noah

LMAO at ur sig

nolin
11-09-2009, 06:32 AM
Bargs wont make it this year because hes not a true center, and he wont make it over guys like KG and bosh at pf.

East will only have 2 centers make it to the allstar game and howards 1. I like Bogut as the 2nd guy,but its to early to tell.

nolin
11-09-2009, 06:35 AM
Bynum is going to start, not be a reserve. Honestly, who else is going to start in the west?

Kaman if he keeps playing like this.

Bulls_fan90
11-09-2009, 06:44 AM
Should be Brook. Who said Noah? :pity:

Noah has had a great year, and isnt without a chance. I'd think the votes would go in this order:

Lopez
Bogut
Bargs (only because many see him as a PF)

Shaq might get in, but he dosent deserve to.