PDA

View Full Version : If the MAGIC concentrated on defense...

srfr4life
11-07-2009, 11:33 AM
If the MAGIC concentrated on defense... they would easily be the dominant team in the league. Give credit to Otis Smith for setting up Van Gundy for success. Give credit to Van Gundy for knocking the pins down. I don't think the MAGIC even have to give offense a second thought. It comes too natural. But if they have the mind frame to shut teams down defensively every night.... look out league!

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-07-2009, 11:38 AM
If the LAKERS concentrated on defense...

Sly Guy
11-07-2009, 12:50 PM
any team with vince carter in the starting lineup will never 'concentrate on defense'. Just stick to what you know, outscoring your opponents.

CowboysKB24
11-07-2009, 01:19 PM
If the MAGIC concentrated on defense... they would easily be the dominant team in the league. Give credit to Otis Smith for setting up Van Gundy for success. Give credit to Van Gundy for knocking the pins down. I don't think the MAGIC even have to give offense a second thought. It comes too natural. But if they have the mind frame to shut teams down defensively every night.... look out league!

Yeah I am sure they don't focus on defense that much. Why did you capitalize Magic?

macc
11-07-2009, 01:22 PM
The Magic were 1st or 2nd in the league on defense last year. They'll be fine. Once everyone is back and healthy you'll see alot more defense. I'm not to worried about it right now.

Raph12
11-07-2009, 11:19 PM
There are a lot of new guys who don't know where they are supposed to be on that end yet, the chemistry is only there on offense. That's why Dwight's avging 4 fouls per game, because the help d is non-existant and Howard is just expected to save people's butts if their man beats them. One player can't play defense for the whole team, it is a team game and that's how it's won on both ends.

They were 1st in defensive rating last season, I see any reason why they can't finish Top 3 or atleast Top 5 on that end this season.