PDA

View Full Version : Lebron's night in new york.

BTownTeamsRKing
11-07-2009, 01:51 AM
this is on my mind right now. for some reason at 12 in the morning lol
anyway

at around 7:10, LBJ held a press conference in MSG. WHY? I can't say I have ever seen another player hold a press conference before playing against an awful team or any team for that matter.

It felt like the whole night was about LBJ in NEW YORK. It looked like he was debuting for the knicks. I have never seen anything like this. fans had custom jerseys of LBJ knicks. this is insane.

sorry cavs fans, the writing is on the wall. (it really was; knicks logos behind Lebron at the conference). It almost feels like he has to go there. if he doesn't, every knicks fan will hate him. that doesn't matter, but im just saying the dissapointment if he doesnt go there would be immeasurable.

those fans in new york acted as if he plays for them. and Lebron didn't do anything to stop it. It was as if he was showing off what he can do for his new york fans. At times, it looked like Lebron vs the Knicks. he would only pass if someone was ready for a lay up or shot. and he would have scored 60 if this game close at all.

what do u guys think of this? to me this is disrespectful to your current team and fans. never seen anything like it and I really can't believe it.

Wilson
11-07-2009, 02:09 AM
I didn't know he held a press conference before the game, is there a video?

BTownTeamsRKing
11-07-2009, 02:10 AM
im sure it will air on SC tomoro

Kenny
11-07-2009, 02:12 AM
anyway

at around 7:10, LBJ held a press conference in MSG. WHY? I can't say I have ever seen another player hold a press conference before playing against an awful team or any team for that matter.

It felt like the whole night was about LBJ in NEW YORK. It looked like he was debuting for the knicks. I have never seen anything like this. fans had custom jerseys of LBJ knicks. this is insane.

sorry cavs fans, the writing is on the wall. (it really was; knicks logos behind Lebron at the conference). It almost feels like he has to go there. if he doesn't, every knicks fan will hate him. that doesn't matter, but im just saying the dissapointment if he doesnt go there would be immeasurable.

those fans in new york acted as if he plays for them. and Lebron didn't do anything to stop it. It was as if he was showing off what he can do for his new york fans. At times, it looked like Lebron vs the Knicks. he would only pass if someone was ready for a lay up or shot. and he would have scored 60 if this game close at all.

what do u guys think of this? to me this is disrespectful to your current team and fans. never seen anything like it and I really can't believe it.

Of course he has to speak to the media this is his only visit of the year and you cant hide form the fact he's a free agent.. And to say Lebron never passed the ball is silly, he was superb tonight put on a show and if he was a selfish guy could of takena lot more then 17 shots.

TheHoopsProphet
11-07-2009, 02:13 AM
after what hes done, these past couple of years, I really hope hes leaving cleveland. No one should disrespect their fanbase this way, unless they had intentions of leaving or are complete egomaniacs who enjoy the attention.

Raph12
11-07-2009, 02:15 AM
Who cares, he'll probably stay with Cleveland anyways and both Danny Ferry and Mike Brown suck on his nuts so they won't mind.

BTownTeamsRKing
11-07-2009, 02:16 AM
Of course he has to speak to the media this is his only visit of the year and you cant hide form the fact he's a free agent.. And to say Lebron never passed the ball is silly, he was superb tonight put on a show and if he was a selfish guy could of takena lot more then 17 shots.

he was spectacular. 8-9 for 19 points, 5 assists, 5 rebounds in the 1st quarter. oh my

but i swear there were times where i knew no matter how many ppl were on him, he was going to shoot the rock and drain it. the one shot he missed, he was triple teamed.

BTownTeamsRKing
11-07-2009, 02:18 AM
Who cares, he'll probably stay with Cleveland anyways and both Danny Ferry and Mike Brown suck on his nuts so they won't mind.

i have a strong feeling that would not convince him to stay, but thats just me.

Gibby23
11-07-2009, 02:29 AM

Why do you care? He isn't going to a Boston team that looks older than a wrinkled nut sack.

J4KOP99
11-07-2009, 02:32 AM
Knicks fans are pathetic though...I love this city and all of it's people and I especially love Madison Square Garden but jesus christ...LeBron isn't even on the team right now and he is treated better than anyone else.

He runs around smiling and laughing like the owns the fucjing city. I want to see some of the fans grow some balls and boo him. Knicks fans need to stop giving out so much respect to the opposition. I know it's hard with the current product, but still, it is pathetic at times.

It was only a few years ago when the Knicks fans were just as ruthless as the other NYC teams...Let's get that back.

Raph12
11-07-2009, 02:33 AM

I just don't picture him leaving, but that could just be me.

NYKnickFanatic
11-07-2009, 02:36 AM
Knicks fans are pathetic though...I love this city and all of it's people and I especially love Madison Square Garden but jesus christ...LeBron isn't even on the team right now and he is treated better than anyone else.

He runs around smiling and laughing like the owns the fucjing city. I want to see some of the fans grow some balls and boo him. Knicks fans need to stop giving out so much respect to the opposition. I know it's hard with the current product, but still, it is pathetic at times.

It was only a few years ago when the Knicks fans were just as ruthless as the other NYC teams...Let's get that back.

Living in New York and you are a Lakers fan, bandwagon much?

Although I do agree with you on they should boo him, but Im a LeBron fan, so I wouldnt.

J4KOP99
11-07-2009, 02:40 AM
Living in New York and you are a Lakers fan, bandwagon much?

Although I do agree with you on they should boo him, but Im a LeBron fan, so I wouldnt.

You can call me a bandwagon fan if that would make you happy but if you want to get into it I can easily explain to you why I like the teams I like.

I have been to many, many Knicks games over the years, whether I live and die with them or not, it does not take away from the fact that what the "knick" fan used to be, is not even close to what it is today.

fishfan79
11-07-2009, 02:42 AM
he will be in miami next year anyways :)

NYKnickFanatic
11-07-2009, 02:42 AM
You can call me a bandwagon fan if that would make you happy but if you want to get into it I can easily explain to you why I like the teams I like.

I have been to many, many Knicks games over the years, whether I live and die with them or not, it does not take away from the fact that what the "knick" fan used to be, is not even close to what it is today.

Question, were the Knicks ever your favorite team?

Kenny
11-07-2009, 02:43 AM

dude your a laker and yankee fan, pipe down about how Knicks fans act

J4KOP99
11-07-2009, 02:47 AM
Question, were the Knicks ever your favorite team?

I have family in LA. The first basketball game I ever went to was a Laker game in Los Angeles. That is why I am and always will be a Lakers fan.

The rest of the teams I like, are all from NY. Rangers, Yanks and Giants.

As for the Knicks. I never have considered them my "favorite" team but I have always rooted for them because they are New York's team. I am surrounded by Knicks fans and have been to a ton of big Knicks games, especially in the mid to late 1990's. So, to answer your question, no they have not been my favorite team.

BTownTeamsRKing
11-07-2009, 02:48 AM
Why do you care? He isn't going to a Boston team that looks older than a wrinkled nut sack.

1. whether u like it or not, Lebron is one the most interesting and influencial athletes of our time.

2. i dont want him in my division.

3. i think he is disrespectful to his current team and fans and a lot of ppl think its fine.

4. My Celtics will be a top contender this year.

Gibby23
11-07-2009, 02:50 AM
1. whether u like it or not, Lebron is one the most interesting and influencial athletes of our time.

2. i dont want him in my division.

3. i think he is disrespectful to his current team and fans and a lot of ppl think its fine.

4. My Celtics will be a top contender this year.

They are too old to win it all. They play way too hard at their old age to make it through 82 games and the playoffs. They are not better than Orlando.

NYKnickFanatic
11-07-2009, 02:52 AM
I have family in LA. The first basketball game I ever went to was a Laker game in Los Angeles. That is why I am and always will be a Lakers fan.

The rest of the teams I like, are all from NY. Rangers, Yanks and Giants.

As for the Knicks. I never have considered them my "favorite" team but I have always rooted for them because they are New York's team. I am surrounded by Knicks fans and have been to a ton of big Knicks games, especially in the mid to late 1990's. So, to answer your question, no they have not been my favorite team.

So you are a Lakers fan because your first basketball game you went to was a Lakers game, understandable.

Kyben36
11-07-2009, 02:53 AM
Lebron has said himself that he wants to win. Why would he go to a team like the knicks, who have no tallent whatsoever, There are other teams such as The Bulls and the Nets who have young tallent like D Rose, Devin Harris, Luol Deng and Brook Lopez to suround him with, Why would he go to NY where, well, the best player is Larry ****ing Hughes. Give me a break.

I see Lebron staying or goint somewhere to win, not to make $. Where that is is up to him, but it wont be the knicks, Ill bet that the the Knicks end up overpaying somebody like Joe Johnson to join them, because all the allstars are only moving to win, not for the $.

IMO, The knicks are stupid to think that a player would come to a **** team just cause they have cap room and are a good City. NO player wants to play on a **** team.

NYKnickFanatic
11-07-2009, 02:53 AM
They are too old to win it all. They play way too hard at their old age to make it through 82 games and the playoffs. They are not better than Orlando.

The Celtics are very capable to win it all and they are better than the Magic. IMHO.

NYKnickFanatic
11-07-2009, 02:55 AM
Lebron has said himself that he wants to win. Why would he go to a team like the knicks, who have no tallent whatsoever, There are other teams such as The Bulls and the Nets who have young tallent like D Rose, Devin Harris, Luol Deng and Brook Lopez to suround him with, Why would he go to NY where, well, the best player is Larry ****ing Hughes. Give me a break.

The Knicks have talent and our best player is not Larry Hughes, so please dont over exaggerate. But I am probably one of the few Knicks fans who believes LeBron is NOT coming to the Knicks. It would be nice and I would love that, but the chances of it happening are very slim.

BTownTeamsRKing
11-07-2009, 02:56 AM

look its no secret we are going for the title. but its a long season and I plan on enjoying every moment of it. tonight was just unlucky. suns shot lights out.

a lot can happen b/w now and then. my team may be old, but they are still amazing ballers. they are smart enough to know they can't go 100% every game. losses will happen. no big deal.

we took orlando to 7 games without KG and after playing the craziest playoff series ever with chicago with a short handed roster. they match up terrible to us. we kill them every time with KG.

Gibby23
11-07-2009, 02:56 AM
The Celtics are very capable to win it all and they are better than the Magic. IMHO.

I think one of the old guys breaks down after 50 games. They play way too hard. Do isn't that smart.

J4KOP99
11-07-2009, 02:57 AM

I see Lebron staying or goint somewhere to win, not to make $. Where that is is up to him, but it wont be the knicks, Ill bet that the the Knicks end up overpaying somebody like Joe Johnson to join them, because all the allstars are only moving to win, not for the $.

IMO, The knicks are stupid to think that a player would come to a **** team just cause they have cap room and are a good City. NO player wants to play on a **** team.

In all fairness though...this is not even remotely close to how the Knicks roster will look by next year. Many contracts are coming off the books and it wouldn't surprise me if Walsh made some moves by the trade deadline.

Yes, this current Knicks team lacks a solid supporting cast but I am pretty sure the Knicks have some big moves planned...whether they get LeBron or not.

So don't think that, just because Lebron and everyone else see how bad this current Knicks team may be, it will affect his decision because a lot can change.

Gibby23
11-07-2009, 02:58 AM
look its no secret we are going for the title. but its a long season and I plan on enjoying every moment of it. tonight was just unlucky. suns shot lights out.

a lot can happen b/w now and then. my team may be old, but they are still amazing ballers. they are smart enough to know they can't go 100% every game. losses will happen. no big deal.

we took orlando to 7 games without KG and after playing the craziest playoff series ever with chicago with a short handed roster. they match up terrible to us. we kill them every time with KG.
KG is like 45 and only scored over 20 like 1 time this year. The Magic are better than last year.

BTownTeamsRKing
11-07-2009, 03:00 AM

Apparently u missed the whole thing where Lebron praised MSG and refered to it as the best place to play.

I would be shocked if he isnt a Knick by next year. I am expecting it.

so what if the Knicks suck now, if he goes there, others will too. u cant get a better recruiting tool than LBJ. If he goes to the knicks, that season, the knicks will be much better than the cavs.

NYKnickFanatic
11-07-2009, 03:01 AM
KG is like 45 and only scored over 20 like 1 time this year. The Magic are better than last year.

KG doesnt even need to score. He brings the D man.

BTownTeamsRKing
11-07-2009, 03:01 AM

we have 7 vets who can go for 20. we dont need one guy to carry us every night.

J4KOP99
11-07-2009, 03:02 AM
So you are a Lakers fan because your first basketball game you went to was a Lakers game, understandable.

Yes, plus the fact we as a family travel out to LA a few times a year(because of the family, who are all big time Lakers fans) as well as the fact that I have liked the Lakers before Kobe and Shaq arrived, it would not make me a "bandwagon" fan. But people are open to their own opinions.

One thing that doesn't make too much sense though...

A site like PSD is a pretty hardcore sports fans website. I do not think anyone on this site that comes on because they WANT to talk about their team can possible be considered a bandwagon fan. Bandwagon fans are the people who show up at work one day when the playoffs start and begin to try and talk about the team.

People on this site legitimately care about their teams.

abe_froman
11-07-2009, 03:02 AM
anyway

who,besides knick fans care that knick fans would care that they hate him.they being disappointed(something they are use to by now)isnt a very strong argument on your part.

i think it's disrespectful to their current team,but than the team/franchise has done much to get that respect(even by their own fanbase).and ny media has been pounding the idea of lebron so hard and the fanbase have been salivating,hoping,dreaming,pray for so long.that at this point most ny fans(i stress not all fans) dont care about anything else other than july 1,2010(ie the actual team and what happens with them til then).so hell they dont want to see anyone the team to guard him,and probably boo any player that even tried

BTownTeamsRKing
11-07-2009, 03:03 AM
KG doesnt even need to score. He brings the D man.

its awesome how Celtics fans can admit they would love to have Kobe, but Lakers fans who openly campaigned for KG now "hate" him.

Gibby23
11-07-2009, 03:03 AM
we have 7 vets who can go for 20. we dont need one guy to carry us every night.

You have 7 old guys,and 1 old man dunked tonight for the first time in like 4 years.

Gibby23
11-07-2009, 03:05 AM
its awesome how Celtics fans can admit they would love to have Kobe, but Lakers fans who openly campaigned for KG now "hate" him.

We got a better deal in Pau, we didn't have to give up Odom and Bynum. Gasol, Bynum, and Odom is way better than a 34 year old KG.

Raph12
11-07-2009, 03:06 AM

But now they have Carter and he put up great numbers against the Celts for the last two seasons. Now you have to guard him one-on-one, if you double then he hits the open guy for 3 or Howard for the dunk...

Lewis is still unguardable by anyone and Howard still requires a double-team down low, otherwise he puts down a jam or draws the foul (he is shooting about 70% from the line this season and expects it to be even higher).

The Magic this season look very different from the Magic last season. Btw, the avg largest-lead the Magic had attained in the Celtics series was 15.5pts, they just couldn't hold the it due to lack of go-to scoring (insert Vince Carter).

Kenny
11-07-2009, 03:07 AM
why do people say the Knicks have nobody on there team like any of these guys are going to be around next year besides the guys they just recently drafted.. Walsh has made it clear he is going to get two big players next year and in the NBA thats all you need to be contenders

BTownTeamsRKing
11-07-2009, 03:08 AM
who,besides knick fans care that knick fans would hate him.they being disappointed(something they are use to by now)isnt a very strong argument on your part.

i think it's disrespectful to their current team,but than the team/franchise has done much to get that respect(even by their own fanbase).and ny media has been pounding the idea of lebron so hard and the fanbase have been salivating,hoping,dreaming,pray for so long.that at this point most ny fans(i stress not all fans) dont care about anything else other than july 1,2010(ie the actual team and what happens til then)

1. thats why i said, "not that it matters, just saying..."

2. you don't think Lebron is disrespecting cleveland or his team by doing this?

heres why i think he is gone this summer. cant the cavs offer him a Max deal right now? if so, why dont they do that and forget this nonsense? maybe they already offered and he turned it down, but havent said anything?

i think he wants the new york fame. the derek jeter fame. the kind of media attention Brady gets in New England.

BTownTeamsRKing
11-07-2009, 03:13 AM
You have 7 old guys,and 1 old man dunked tonight for the first time in like 4 years.

so he can still do it obviously. Pierce has 4 dunks this year, 3 not on break away, but no one else knows bc they dont put it on SC.

We got a better deal in Pau, we didn't have to give up Odom and Bynum. Gasol, Bynum, and Odom is way better than a 34 year old KG.

u missed the whole point.

But now they have Carter and he put up great numbers against the Celts for the last two seasons. Now you have to guard him one-on-one, if you double then he hits the open guy for 3 or Howard for the dunk...

Lewis is still unguardable by anyone and Howard still requires a double-team down low, otherwise he puts down a jam or draws the foul (he is shooting about 70% from the line this season and expects it to be even higher).

The Magic this season look very different from the Magic last season. Btw, the avg largest-lead the Magic had attained in the Celtics series was 15.5pts, they just couldn't hold the it due to lack of go-to scoring (insert Vince Carter).

i didnt say the Magic arent great. I just think their coach sucks and we match up very favorable to them. we are the one team who can shut down Lewis with KG. they like playing Lewis at PF, well he will have to score over KG. Perkins did great last year vs howard. best job of anyone in the league.

i agree on the VC point. i was one of the few who knew how good he still is. he is still BETTER than turk.

Gibby23
11-07-2009, 03:18 AM
so he can still do it obviously. Pierce has 4 dunks this year, 3 not on break away, but no one else knows bc they dont put it on SC.

u missed the whole point.

i didnt say the Magic arent great. I just think their coach sucks and we match up very favorable to them. we are the one team who can shut down Lewis with KG. they like playing Lewis at PF, well he will have to score over KG. Perkins did great last year vs howard. best job of anyone in the league.

i agree on the VC point. i was one of the few who knew how good he still is. he is still BETTER than turk.

I didn't miss the point. I am glad we kept Bynum and Odom. Thats like the Celtics getting KG and keeping big AL.

Van Gundy is a better coach than Doc. By a mile.

abe_froman
11-07-2009, 03:19 AM
1. thats why i said, "not that it matters, just saying..."

2. you don't think Lebron is disrespecting cleveland or his team by doing this?

heres why i think he is gone this summer. cant the cavs offer him a Max deal right now? if so, why dont they do that and forget this nonsense? maybe they already offered and he turned it down, but havent said anything?

i think he wants the new york fame. the derek jeter fame. the kind of media attention Brady gets in New England.

to 2.no.he's had to deal with it for years,its all they ask about and wont stop hounding him til its over.

because one contract extension time past
2.he cant get the full 6
3.it all has to do with leverage: look at the early teams they put around him,they werent good.the closer the time came the more fearful management got and thus went out and got every good player they could get their hands on.

yes brady gets alot of attention in ne,but so does payton in indy.lebron has never lacked attention while being stuck in cle.

BTownTeamsRKing
11-07-2009, 03:25 AM
I didn't miss the point. I am glad we kept Bynum and Odom. Thats like the Celtics getting KG and keeping big AL.

Van Gundy is a better coach than Doc. By a mile.

the point was that u were praying for KG to go to LA and now u hate him because he didnt.

Doc beat LA.
VG did not.

Doc wins.

BTownTeamsRKing
11-07-2009, 03:27 AM
to 2.no.he's had to deal with it for years,its all they ask about and wont stop hounding him til its over.

because one contract extension time past
2.he cant get the full 6
3.it all has to do with leverage: look at the early teams they put around him,they werent good.the closer the time came the more fearful management got and thus went out and got every good player they could get their hands on.

yes brady gets alot of attention in ne,but so does payton in indy.lebron has never lacked attention while being stuck in cle.

this is all true. but why doesnt he just say, next question and move on? is he that niave? theres been plenty of huge FAs in the past, not one of them has ever talked about free agency while still on a team.

Gibby23
11-07-2009, 03:27 AM
the point was that u were praying for KG to go to LA and now u hate him because he didnt.

Doc beat LA.
VG did not.

Doc wins.
I never wated KG for Odom and Bynum. Pau was a way better deal.

VG beat Doc. Lakers are the champs. VG wins. Phil is the king.

abe_froman
11-07-2009, 03:33 AM
this is all true. but why doesnt he just say, next question and move on? is he that niave? theres been plenty of huge FAs in the past, not one of them has ever talked about free agency while still on a team.
because he's playing the media(as it they will never stop),why not have fun making everyone's heads spin and keep playing the speculation game

yes they have,nyers talked of mj while on the bulls.everyone knew kaj was leaving the bucks and talked,walton,kobe,kg...

its just never been done this far in advance(3/4 years before being able to become an actual fa),and for that i guess you can point to the next/better than mj tag he's been carrying around since high school(he hasnt been able to sneeze without the media covering it since he was 16)coupled with the woefulness of the knicks franchise this decade(and desperation of ny media for a savior to bring back the franchise)

nolin
11-07-2009, 03:46 AM
after watching this game i am convinced Lebron is going to the knicks. I never thought he would leave cleveland. but after the game ended you could see him go over and talk to gallinari for about 10 seconds. which in basketball terms or "lebron terms" is a long time to be talking to an opposing player. I have a feeling he told gallinari not to worry he would be there to help next year. If im the cavs Lebron is on the trade block. you might as well get a Dwight howard of Cp3 if you could. better then letting him walk for nothing.

Kenny
11-07-2009, 04:18 AM

why does it matter if he wants to answe the questions or not, it obviously hasnt bothered his game one bit or his teams over the past year

Don Starks
11-07-2009, 04:23 AM
after watching this game i am convinced Lebron is going to the knicks. I never thought he would leave cleveland. but after the game ended you could see him go over and talk to gallinari for about 10 seconds. which in basketball terms or "lebron terms" is a long time to be talking to an opposing player. I have a feeling he told gallinari not to worry he would be there to help next year. If im the cavs Lebron is on the trade block. you might as well get a Dwight howard of Cp3 if you could. better then letting him walk for nothing.

actually he just told gallinari to keep working hard and complimented his game, then told him to take care of his back. its on alan hahns twitter (knicks beat writer).

anyway, as a knicks fan i really dont think lebron is coming, there are just to many things working against the knicks. between the cap going down, eddy curry and jared jeffries contracts, and no real pg, i just can convince myself its going to happen. I really think Lebron is just playing the NY media like a fiddle in order to keep pressure on the cavs.

now with that said, i dont see LBJ staying with the cavs either. every time lebron was taken out the knicks played well enough to climb back in the game, which tells me that clevelands surroudning cast isnt much better than the knicks. also the cavs arent really built for the future, and i think the shaq trade was one made out of desperation on danny ferrys part, who by the way is really a garbage gm, and after years watching isiah thomas work, i know what a bad gm looks like.

King P
11-07-2009, 04:30 AM
I honestly don't think Lebron will care about the quality of the team he plays for. Lebron can basically turn any team into a contender.

Raph12
11-07-2009, 04:40 AM

Lewis avged 21+ppg on 50+FG% against the Celts with KG guarding him... I don't consider that shutting him down. He can score on anyone because he can shoot over the top of anyone, take smaller defenders in the low-post and take slower defenders off the dribble.

Howard shot 55% from the field against the Celts in the playoffs, while Perkins avged 4.2 fouls per game and Davis was at 4.3fpg. The problem was that Howard wasn't making freethrows (something he's worked on and looks drastically improved from last season).

I'm not saying Orlando will dominate or anything, just saying you can't count them out just yet. Keep in mind Lewis hasn't played yet, Carter has been out 2 and injured in another 2 games, Pietrus missed two and the Magic have lost only one game so far (and that only because Howard was in foul trouble all game and fouled out late [Magic still had the lead at that point]). Wait for them to play one-another at full health late into the season (when the chemistry will be there), then we can make a true assessment of who'd be the favorite going into the playoffs.

abe_froman
11-07-2009, 05:16 AM
I honestly don't think Lebron will care about the quality of the team he plays for. Lebron can basically turn any team into a contender.

take the teams he has now,contenders? sure.was it enough? no.so you bet your *** he cares at whats around him.he wants rings and he knows that the quality that he's played with havent gotten any.thus in order to get said rings,they(the teams)must be of better quality than what he's already had

he's aware of history and thus his place in it,and in the nba the only way you can secure your legacy is by rings foremost.this is the wildcard on speculating what he will do,does he go the tim duncan route and have his legacy of champion of the small market(thus encouraging stars to stay with their small markets) or does he go to ny and thus get his accomplishments over amplified

Hustla23
11-07-2009, 12:41 PM
If the Knicks manage to shed one of Jeffries or Curries, then we have cap space for two max free agents.

i.e. Amare / Bosh + Lebron / Wade / Joe Johnson

Amare
Gallinari
Lebron
Chandler
Douglas

Hill, Jeffries/Curry, vet min

YANKSJETSKNICKS
11-07-2009, 02:51 PM

lol thank you now idk if lebron is coming to the knicks but people keep saying that the knicks would still suck with lebron my question is do you truly believe the cavs are going to better than a 13 seed in the east without lebron

smith&wesson
11-07-2009, 03:21 PM
the cavaliers dont deserve lebron.

the city and the fans might, but managment doesnt.

how do you arguably have the best player in the league and not build a true contender for him. the best players they were able to aquire was a washed up old ben wallace and now a really old washed up shaq.

d wade had prime shaq, prime haslem, prime posey, prime jason williams, prime walker, jason kapono, gary payton, alonzo mourning.

what does lebron get ? they dont deserve him.

abe_froman
11-07-2009, 03:47 PM
"I think at the end of the day, a max deal or anything like that doesn't really matter to me at the end of the day. It's all about winning for me," James said.

"So I've put myself in a position that when that day comes next summer, I want to win, and if I feel like the team is capable of winning, I'll make my decision like that."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=sheridan_chris&page=sheridanlbj-091107

tr4shb0t
11-07-2009, 05:41 PM
LeBron has a lot of pressure on him...must be tough. I kind of feel for him, because either way he will let a lot of people down. Although, yes he is highly responsible for the expectations that he is going to NY. He never resists it, only uses it for attention.

Toenail Clipper
11-07-2009, 05:49 PM
If he leaves, he will look like a dick, obviously and might anger some NBA fans for leaving to a bigger city. However, the Knicks has poor management as well. They overpaid Steve Francis and Stephon Marbury for nothin'!

ImThatDude
11-07-2009, 06:39 PM
If he leaves, he will look like a dick, obviously and might anger some NBA fans for leaving to a bigger city. However, the Knicks has poor management as well. They overpaid Steve Francis and Stephon Marbury for nothin'!

They never paid either of those guys, they just agreed to take on the terrible contracts which their previous teams wanted to get rid of.

smith&wesson
11-07-2009, 07:16 PM
they never paid either of those guys, they just agreed to take on the terrible contracts which their previous teams wanted to get rid of.

by taking over theyre contracts, they are paying them.

Hustla23
11-07-2009, 07:37 PM
It's not the same management.

It's complete different people in charge now.

:up: