PDA

View Full Version : Hornets Need to make a TRADE!!!

iHop
11-07-2009, 12:54 AM
Honestly i think we should trade everyone on the team except Chris Paul for some who can create. I hate seeing the hornets like this, COMPLETELY reliant on CP for EVERYTHING on offense. We need a player like Ben Gordan, mann even Iverson seems like a HUGE upgrade over our starting sg no offense to Mo Pete. Our Wing players can't score. Bottom line, we need more talent.

Vinny642
11-07-2009, 01:54 AM
I agree i'd love a slashing SG. We should try to include Mo Pete and Posey!

JordansBulls
11-07-2009, 02:04 AM
Honestly i think we should trade everyone on the team except Chris Paul for some who can create. I hate seeing the hornets like this, COMPLETELY reliant on CP for EVERYTHING on offense. We need a player like Ben Gordan, mann even Iverson seems like a HUGE upgrade over our starting sg no offense to Mo Pete. Our Wing players can't score. Bottom line, we need more talent.

And this is the whole reason why I say the Hornets need to trade for T-mac. They need someone who can not only create for themselves for also for others.

Vinny642
11-07-2009, 02:08 AM
TMac is inconsistent and injury prone, I dont want to trade Okafor Paul Wright or West. If they want Posey and Mo Pete then fine.

raptor fan
11-07-2009, 11:27 AM
you guys shouldn't go out and make a huge trade, but i think u do need to make a trade. I think Steven Jackson would be a perfect fit in NO. Playing alongside Chris Paul would really escalate his game.

Morris Peterson + Hilton Armstrong for Steven Jackson

Then you guys would need a backup C, so maybe you can do this deal:

Peja to the Bobcats for Nazr Mohammed and Vladmir Radmanovic

PG: Paul/B.Brown/Collison
SG: Jackson/D.Brown/Thornton
SF: Posey/Radmanovic/Wright
PF: West/Diogu/Marks
C: Okafor/Songalia/Mohammed

I think these deals would instantly improve your team, and it doesn't involve changing the core of the team.

NBA-GMaster
11-07-2009, 01:46 PM
Trade Mo Pete, Devin and Posey!! We need an offense minded SG!!
Can we get Courtney Lee from Nets??

He plays good in Magic and he couldnt get a win from nets..

BChydro86
11-07-2009, 02:18 PM
would u guys be open to trading chris paul and okafor if you got some very good young talent, draft picks, and lots of cap room in return?

BIGBREED
11-07-2009, 03:25 PM
And this is the whole reason why I say the Hornets need to trade for T-mac. They need someone who can not only create for themselves for also for others.

Why are u so hard press on the Hornets getting T-Mac? T-Mac (as of now) is Garbage! Stick a fork in him bcuz he's done, physically and mentally! Let your BULLS get him, since you love him so much....

Byron Scott has the wrong rotation going for the team, we don't run set plays(CP3 dribbles around the defense then we postup w/ DWest or Okafor) and the players aren't being challenged by the coaches to play basketball(small things like boxing out for rebounds, getting back on defense, playing the passing lanes, exc...)

*****DWest and Hilton Armstrong has the same carefree attitude*****

kayface
11-07-2009, 04:01 PM
we need someone who can create their own shot, whether it is a sg or a sf. i would be open to trading west if we could get that shot taker and maybe a decent in the deal, kinda like the deng and miller and deal... either way something needs to happen because paul is getting pissed

fishfan79
11-07-2009, 04:57 PM
i dont think selling off major pieces of your team is a good idea else paul might end up demanding a trade himself.

iHop
11-07-2009, 06:31 PM
would u guys be open to trading chris paul and okafor if you got some very good young talent, draft picks, and lots of cap room in return?

The only way Chris Paul is leaving the hornets is by free agency, The hornets wouldn't ever trade him.

iHop
11-07-2009, 06:34 PM
I really like the Steven Jackson trade idea, I think he would fit in perfectly. He a really good offensive player who can light it up at any time.

JDizzle
11-07-2009, 07:31 PM
Steven Jackson Would Be nice. Im sure he love to play for us just his attitude sometimes he gets very wild. But yes he be a huge upgrade. loses to the raptors and knicks shoudnt happen and barley beating the kings. Something needs to be done

raptor fan
11-07-2009, 07:42 PM
I really like the Steven Jackson trade idea, I think he would fit in perfectly. He a really good offensive player who can light it up at any time.

yeah that's why i thought he would be a great fit in New Orleans.

Playing alongside Chris Paul may rejuvenate his career, and you get someone who is capable of averaging 20ppg. Right now, he can be had for a very cheap price, i'm pretty sure mo pete + hilton armstrong would get the job done.

He is the type of player you guys should be targeting, someone who can fill a void without breaking up your key core (paul, west, okafor)

BIGBREED
11-08-2009, 02:22 AM
All we need to do is play our damn draft picks, like everbody else does! Here's another year and another draft class sits on the bench bcuz Byron Scott says that they can't play defense. Hell, the HORNETS as a team don't play defense!

WE DON'T NEED TO TRADE THIS EARLY
SG- Marcus Thornton can create his on shot

spacemandave
11-08-2009, 03:39 AM
ya we gotta play the draft picks but if we can get a good 2 guard in the process i wouldnt mind trading one of them, if theres a way to stephen jackson without giving up cp3,okafor,west,juju id do it for sure. what makes you think anyone wants mopete or hilton, they couldnt give these suckers away. gonna take more than that.

John408
11-08-2009, 04:16 AM
Trade West or Okafor for Jackson.. That would be good for both teams.

kayface
11-08-2009, 12:59 PM
Trade West or Okafor for Jackson.. That would be good for both teams.

okafor in my mind is basically untouchable because if we give him up then we will be royally screwed at the center position... if we were to trade west it would have to be for a bonafide young shot maker and thrown in big.. so no, west or okafor for jackson would not be good for both teams

thapharcyd
11-08-2009, 07:20 PM
What do you guys think of J-Rich? I think he is tradeable from the Suns...

iHop
11-08-2009, 07:59 PM
I would love to get Richardson and Jackson, but I'm pretty sure that means giving up west and okafor. I wouldnt mine giving up one, but if the 2 have are gone, we literally have 0 talent at the 4 and 5 spots.

thapharcyd
11-08-2009, 08:02 PM
I would love to get Richardson and Jackson, but I'm pretty sure that means giving up west and okafor. I wouldnt mine giving up one, but if the 2 have are gone, we literally have 0 talent at the 4 and 5 spots.

I know you guys could definitely get Lopez from us if you gave up Okafor... But Lopez is unproven but has high potential

iHop
11-08-2009, 08:07 PM
I like Lopez i think hes going to be a good solid c one day but I dont know how long its going to take him

nolin
11-09-2009, 04:49 AM
Trade Mo Pete, Devin and Posey!! We need an offense minded SG!!
Can we get Courtney Lee from Nets??

He plays good in Magic and he couldnt get a win from nets..

not for that junk your offering. lol hornets wont be in the playoffs without a big trade this year. Just a pathetic performance against lakers last night. I dont see things getting any better against the clippers tonight. clips by 15+

nolin
11-09-2009, 05:06 AM
here are some potential sg's that can help the hornets that could be had for cheap. Jackson, Azubukie, maggette? warriors are loaded with guards.

kikeyanez
11-09-2009, 10:24 AM
im a warriors die hard an ill give you stephen curry,monta ellis an anthony randolph for cp3 we'll even throw in are number 1 pick for next years draft! you guys intrested?

iHop
11-09-2009, 11:41 AM
Any trade with CP3 is out of the question

kikeyanez
11-09-2009, 12:24 PM
good luck moving all them big contracts

phillyman12
11-09-2009, 12:51 PM
we need to run an offense...they are playing way to much one on one...while the other 4 guys stand around and watch...once they get the running game going...they look like a completely different team...we dont need to get rid of west but we do need to get a scorer...ive been saying that for the past 3 years.

ballpd05
11-09-2009, 01:34 PM
Realistically Okafor or West would be the only real option to get a scorer outside of CP3. I think West is the more likely to be dealt because of the more friendlier contract, and I wouldn't mind losing him cuz he plays NO D. They need to get younger, more athletic, and another playmaker quick

The only hope for moving Mo, Posey, Peja is if their contracts expire. They have nothing going for them otherwise... All are old and washed up.

Marcus Thornton needs more clock. AMEN to BIG BREED for that post about him not playing cuz of the defense

BChydro86
11-09-2009, 02:08 PM
Any trade with CP3 is out of the question

we sixers fans said that about iverson a few years ago..... then it was too late and we didnt get jack **** for him.

ballpd05
11-09-2009, 03:53 PM
we sixers fans said that about iverson a few years ago..... then it was too late and we didnt get jack **** for him.

Iverson is selfish and was a malcontent at the time. Chris Paul is better. He shoots a better percentage, plays better D, and makes his team look WAY better than they really are. CP3 will only get traded if it gets to the point where he doesn't care and he is noticeably not playing hard.

BChydro86
11-09-2009, 06:20 PM
he was never selfish in philly, it appeared that way because he didnt have much of a team to rely on. nowadays, hes a selfish dude.

and he was very malcontent at the time we traded him.... which is a big part of why we didnt get anything for him.

u think chris paul is content right now sitting at 2-5?

the sixers could have shopped AI when he WAS content and gotten a lot more for him.

2_Trill
11-09-2009, 09:34 PM
make Detroit an offer that Joe Dumars can refuse!!

Confusion
11-09-2009, 09:35 PM
I agree i'd love a slashing SG. We should try to include Mo Pete and Posey!:clap:

blackjack_119
11-09-2009, 10:08 PM
What would New Orleans fans think about this:

New Orleans Trades:
Emeka Okafor
James Posey

Portland Trades:
Joel Przybilla
Travis Outlaw
Rudy Fernandez
Steve Blake

Why New Orleans does it: Rudy Fernandez is the perfect SG to play next to Paul. He is a great perimeter shooter, ball-handler, slasher and distributor. Even better, his contract is extremely cheap (3yrs for a total of $4.5M and then he is a RFA.) Receiving Przybilla allows New Orleans to trade Okafor and still have a good defender/rebounder in the low post. Przybilla has a very limited offensive game, but Paul has made equally offensively challenged centers look decent. Outlaw would give the team another athletic shooter who can create for himself. Steve Blake would need to be added to make the money work. He is a very good backup PG and could actually play well with Paul. Portland has started Blake, Miller and Roy as a three guard rotation. They are 2-0 since the lineup switch.

Why Portland does it: Portland needs to consolidate its roster. There are too many players and not enough minutes. Oden/Okafor/Aldridge would be a great big man rotation for the forseeable future, while Posey would add some needed veteran presence.

Portland:
C: Oden/Okafor
PF: Aldridge/Okafor
SF: Batum (when healthy)/Posey
SG: Roy/Webster
PG: Miller/Bayless

New Orleans:
C: Przybilla
PF: West
SF: Outlaw
SG: Fernandez
PG: Paul

What do you think?

iHop
11-09-2009, 11:02 PM
Get that trade done asap!!!!

spacemandave
11-10-2009, 02:14 AM
hell ya im in

BIGBREED
11-10-2009, 02:17 AM
The more I talk, the dummer I get! Im done....

[We don't need to trade]

Patrick Swayze
11-10-2009, 01:55 PM

I don't get why you think the Hornets need T-Mac so badly.

masalex1205
11-10-2009, 07:32 PM
What would New Orleans fans think about this:

New Orleans Trades:
Emeka Okafor
James Posey

Portland Trades:
Joel Przybilla
Travis Outlaw
Rudy Fernandez
Steve Blake

Why New Orleans does it: Rudy Fernandez is the perfect SG to play next to Paul. He is a great perimeter shooter, ball-handler, slasher and distributor. Even better, his contract is extremely cheap (3yrs for a total of $4.5M and then he is a RFA.) Receiving Przybilla allows New Orleans to trade Okafor and still have a good defender/rebounder in the low post. Przybilla has a very limited offensive game, but Paul has made equally offensively challenged centers look decent. Outlaw would give the team another athletic shooter who can create for himself. Steve Blake would need to be added to make the money work. He is a very good backup PG and could actually play well with Paul. Portland has started Blake, Miller and Roy as a three guard rotation. They are 2-0 since the lineup switch.

Why Portland does it: Portland needs to consolidate its roster. There are too many players and not enough minutes. Oden/Okafor/Aldridge would be a great big man rotation for the forseeable future, while Posey would add some needed veteran presence.

Portland:
C: Oden/Okafor
PF: Aldridge/Okafor
SF: Batum (when healthy)/Posey
SG: Roy/Webster
PG: Miller/Bayless

New Orleans:
C: Przybilla
PF: West
SF: Outlaw
SG: Fernandez
PG: Paul