PDA

View Full Version : NBA, as fake as WWE wrestling

AlwaysNextYear
11-07-2009, 12:28 AM
Here are some excerpts from former NBA ref Tim Donaghy with his upcoming book titled "Blowing the Whistle" pretty shocking how easily games are manipulated by the officials and for David Stern or anyone else to say he was the only one involved is laughable. You do not pull of something so extensive as fraud and manipulating games with just one guy even though thats what Stern will brainwash you to believe.

I love the part from 2002 when they completely manipulated the west finals between sacramento and LA, my other favorite part was how Donaghy was told a week before he was gonna officiate a 03-04 game between Denver/san antonio game that stern said to make sure denver wins no matter what, so as to ensure they would make the playoffs, but then once denver sealed the playoff spot and didnt need to win that game he was told that stern wanted san antonio to win so they could get the division title, and were told in the pregame to "give san antonio the benefit of the calls tonight" and of course san antonio won by 26 haha, the NBA is completely rigged and fake, ill never watch another game again

http://deadspin.com/5392067/excerpts-from-the-book-the-nba-doesnt-want-you-to-read?skyline=true&s=x

lorenz00
11-07-2009, 12:41 AM
huh? Lol i didnt get wat u said. all i know is stern set up everythin? come on now. WTF is this BS. i will bet my money on you that you will atleast watch 1 nba Game.

daleja424
11-07-2009, 12:42 AM
the excerpts are troubling... but the nba is way to much fun to disown

daleja424
11-07-2009, 12:43 AM
and with most of this we already new the nba gave makeup calls and had preferences for the star players...anyone watching a game would know that...

dee279
11-07-2009, 12:47 AM
Here are some excerpts from former NBA ref Tim Donaghy with his upcoming book titled "Blowing the Whistle" pretty shocking how easily games are manipulated by the officials and for David Stern or anyone else to say he was the only one involved is laughable. You do not pull of something so extensive as fraud and manipulating games with just one guy even though thats what Stern will brainwash you to believe.

I love the part from 2002 when they completely manipulated the west finals between sacramento and LA, my other favorite part was how Donaghy was told a week before he was gonna officiate a 03-04 game between Denver/san antonio game that stern said to make sure denver wins no matter what, so as to ensure they would make the playoffs, but then once denver sealed the playoff spot and didnt need to win that game he was told that stern wanted san antonio to win so they could get the division title, and were told in the pregame to "give san antonio the benefit of the calls tonight" and of course san antonio won by 26 haha, the NBA is completely rigged and fake, ill never watch another game again

http://deadspin.com/5392067/excerpts-from-the-book-the-nba-doesnt-want-you-to-read?skyline=true&s=x

U must be a baseball fan:eyebrow:

brandonwarne52
11-07-2009, 12:49 AM
WWE is scripted, not fake. KTHXBYE.

Chronz
11-07-2009, 12:57 AM
Yea sure

king4day
11-07-2009, 01:01 AM
It's heartbreaking if it's true. But I have a hard time believing a lot of it.
Makes it sound like he's angry at a kid in school so to get attention, he makes up all this stuff about the kid and wants people to believe it.

AIverson
11-07-2009, 01:07 AM
I think most of us have excepted the NBA being fake, but it's the league with the best players so what can basketball fans do? As long as Iverson plays, I'll watch the NBA no matter what. I'm sure others want to see their favorite players, too.

AlwaysNextYear
11-07-2009, 01:08 AM
I think most of us have excepted the NBA being fake, but it's the league with the best players so what can basketball fans do? As long as Iverson plays, I'll watch the NBA no matter what. I'm sure others want to see their favorite players, too.

did you read the part about AI? all the refs hold a grudge against him and find a way to stick it to him any chance they get

Wilson
11-07-2009, 01:11 AM
This has already been posted. While NBA officiating is pretty bad, there is a chance that Donaghy wrote this just for a payday. He's not proven to be the most trust-worthy person so far has he?...

BTownTeamsRKing
11-07-2009, 01:11 AM
i really don't think its rigged.

although i do believe the refs can unfairly influence games with bias and gambling.

does it bother anyone else that the guy (foster) who was on the other end of over 400 calls before and after games with donaghy is still reffing games? and stern tells us he as a "rogue" official.

this is something not many ppl know and it should get more play.

More-Than-Most
11-07-2009, 01:12 AM
It's heartbreaking if it's true. But I have a hard time believing a lot of it.
Makes it sound like he's angry at a kid in school so to get attention, he makes up all this stuff about the kid and wants people to believe it.

We all thought the same thing about Canseco and the trash he pulled... He now looks like a genius and he had the same reasoning to do what he did like Tim Donaghy. Acting like a child and wanting revenge doesn't make what he is saying any less true.

asandhu23
11-07-2009, 01:14 AM
I am so buying his book ( no sarcasm )

CQSox305
11-07-2009, 01:21 AM
I havent cared much for the NBA in years.

AIverson
11-07-2009, 01:25 AM
I havent cared much for the NBA in years.

Me niether. I watch strictly for Iverson now.

I've already moved on to the NFL. That league is full of passion unlike the NBA, which is full of fakeness.

abe_froman
11-07-2009, 01:31 AM

1.your a few weeks/month too late,the article has been numerous times since it was then
2.if you dont watch,why are you here in an nba forum

24/7
11-07-2009, 02:13 AM
This is a dumb thread. The NBA is not fake. There has been cheating scandals in every sport. To dishonor the whole game of basketball because of some refs is ********. This thread should be closed for a misleading title. There have been certain series like the Kings/Lakers that were poorly officiated, but there have been lots of great playoff games that were called greatly. Remember, during those years, Shaq was the HARDEST player to officiate in the modern era because he was so dominant those three years.
They shouldn't be doing it, but those little games those refs played are not a big deal as you make it out to be. There are bad refs in every sport. There's cheating in every sport. It' s a part of the game. LeBron being amazing at MSG tonight was not fake... You're the fake one for making this dumb thread. San Antonito Spurs winning titles this decade was not fake.... You are a fake person.

LeBron2NYK
11-07-2009, 02:22 AM
What credibility does Donaghy have? I'm not willing to believe or dismiss what he says until I have more proof.

J4KOP99
11-07-2009, 02:25 AM
If ya smeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllll, what THE ROCK, is cookin'

Raph12
11-07-2009, 02:26 AM
Who cares, it is still entertaining, just like WWF back in the day.

Zefflin
11-07-2009, 02:56 AM
Ha! I love WWE and NBA.

NetsPaint
11-07-2009, 03:08 AM
Ha! I love WWE and NBA.

Same here.

Bruno
11-07-2009, 03:34 AM
The guy needs some sort of payday, and for that reason, can't be taken seriously.

Ebbs
11-07-2009, 11:45 AM
This sheds some new light. However its not liek David Stern was not a tool before this. And its not like we have never seen favoritism.

AIsixersFK
11-07-2009, 12:19 PM
wow u would never think the league was out to get iverson with all the calls he got....wow i feel bad for him adn he STILL put up HOF numbers

MackSnackWrap
11-07-2009, 12:48 PM
its not rigged

Fayzon10
11-07-2009, 12:55 PM
If the NBA is rigged why were the Spurs in so many finals?? They are hardly a big draw for the league if i'm not mistaken all the finals with the Spurs in them had the lowest ratings.. I think the book was written for a payday and to try to stick it to the NBA period..

Bricklayer
11-07-2009, 01:20 PM
It would be so naive to assume that Donaghy was the only ref involved with the scandal. The officiating in the N.B.A is the worst in any professional sport and it has been well documented for years. I wasn't against the idea of replacement refs calling the entire season, at least the league would get a fresh start and rid itself of any doubt that this garbage is still taking place.

mfb_lt1birdman
11-07-2009, 01:31 PM
This conspiracy theory stuff is just ridiculous. The only way it would even work is if the teams and players were involved too. Basketball is a simple game when it comes down to it..put the ball in the basket. Officiating can swing games to a pont. But come on, most bad calls, if you rid yourself of your team bias, you can at least see why a ref might have made the call he did especially at full speed, not on the enhanced slow motion replays we see.

Short and simple, players determine the outcome of games, not officials. Stern and his chronies cannot stop guys from making shots, or have the other team make there own. Even if all the iffy calls go one way the better team can and will still win, especially when you look at an entire series.

Apophis
11-07-2009, 01:49 PM
This has already been posted. While NBA officiating is pretty bad, there is a chance that Donaghy wrote this just for a payday. He's not proven to be the most trust-worthy person so far has he?...

Thats what they were saying about Canseco..lol and look how that turned out...

But who knows.. this could be for a payday...

kjoke
11-07-2009, 01:52 PM
its not fake

3RDASYSTEM
11-07-2009, 02:20 PM
JOSE CANSECO needed a payday also BRUNO87 and during these recession times i dont blame the ref, he's just another version of CANSECO/SUPERHEAD...they all came out and aired they peers out and we all laughed at'em and its the same thing with this....anything that has to do with gambling is fixed to some degree...

zachattach
11-07-2009, 03:59 PM
WWE wrestling is not fake!!

Lakerfan In NY
11-07-2009, 04:11 PM
I don't trust this guy...How can u believe him, when he clearly all about money...For the right price he'll do anything.

abe_froman
11-07-2009, 04:17 PM
I don't trust this guy...How can u believe him, when he clearly all about money...For the right price he'll do anything.

just because he wants money doesnt necessarily mean he's lying

Sox_13
11-07-2009, 04:18 PM
I don't know how anyone can believe this *******. I'm sure some of the things he says do have substance, but I'm also sure he exaggerated on the truth on a lot of things to help sell the book. Lets be honest, he made this book because he's a broke felon that has no chance at ever getting a well paying job, so he had to resort to a tell all book to try to make some income. Anyone that buys this book and considers it 100 percent truthful is flat out an idiot.

AddiX
11-07-2009, 04:27 PM
I dont think its rigged but I do think some teams and players get major favoritism to the point that it almost seems rigged.

Remember when Rasheed Wallace called the NBA out on this, saying how he knew they would lose the next game and then win the home game basically to extend the series.(longer the series, more games, more revenue)

I dont think its some crazy conspiracy, I think it's just common ref knowledge that guys like Bron, Kobe are allowed to get away with stuff.

I remember watching Kobe guard Melo in the playoffs and Kobe was literally pushing melo with 2 hands to try and get boards and there was no calls. Bron doesnt get called for a foul no matter what time of the season it is.

MiamiHeat
11-07-2009, 04:29 PM
:facepalm:

elizur
11-07-2009, 04:30 PM
WWE wrestling is not fake!!

um.. yes it is.