PDA

View Full Version : Boston, Denver defeated. Name the top 10 NBA teams so far this season.

fairandbalanced
11-06-2009, 11:09 PM
We can make some evaluations at this point, teams have showed a shadow of what they're capable of doing......it's now up to you to decide. What are the top 10 teams in the NBA?

1. Celtics
2. Magic
3. Lakers
4. Suns
5. Heat
6. Nuggets
7. Mavs
8. Bulls
9. Cavs
10. Spurs

carter15
11-06-2009, 11:12 PM
no love for the Nuggets?

fairandbalanced
11-06-2009, 11:13 PM
no love for the Nuggets?

I love them at #6

Raph12
11-06-2009, 11:18 PM
As of now my Top 10:
1. Celtics
2. Magic
3. Lakers
4. Nuggets
5. Heat
6. Suns
7. Mavs
8. Spurs
9. Cavs
10. Bulls

This will probably look WAY different when the season is over... hell it may look WAY different by next Friday.

MAC10TIZZY
11-06-2009, 11:21 PM
1. MAGIC
2. celtics
3. denver
4. lakers
5. cavs
6. through 10. who cares?????

sunnydayin'zona
11-06-2009, 11:22 PM
1. Magic
2. Lakers
3. Suns
4. Celtics
5. Nuggets
6. Heat
7. Mavs
8. Spurs
9. Cavs
10. Bulls

sunnydayin'zona
11-06-2009, 11:23 PM
As of now my Top 10:
1. Celtics
2. Magic
3. Lakers
4. Nuggets
5. Heat
6. Suns
7. Mavs
8. Spurs
9. Cavs
10. Bulls

This will probably look WAY different when the season is over... hell it may look WAY different by next Friday.

Really? suns beat celtics and heat. fail.

fishfan79
11-06-2009, 11:23 PM
hmm miami just beat down the nuggets and gave them their first loss but gets ranked behind them because?

blazerman
11-06-2009, 11:30 PM
Yeah lets throw a top 10 out after 5 games, hum

fairandbalanced
11-06-2009, 11:31 PM
hmm miami just beat down the nuggets and gave them their first loss but gets ranked behind them because?

Because it's a home game. You can't really judge who is better by one game at your home....I put Miami ahead though, because I like them better.

metsfan316
11-06-2009, 11:34 PM

people should stop underestimating the Heat.

Raph12
11-06-2009, 11:36 PM

And lost to Orlando without Lewis, Carter or Howard (for 24+mins)... truth be told, it's too early to tell, so I'll give Boston the benefit of the doubt; Miami beat Denver, so I think it's a tie between the Suns and Heat, if it helps you sleep better at night I can make it say 5 and 5A...

BTownTeamsRKing
11-06-2009, 11:39 PM
And lost to Orlando without Lewis, Carter or Howard (for 24+mins)... truth be told, it's too early to tell, so I'll give Boston the benefit of the doubt; Miami beat Denver, so I think it's a tie between the Suns and Heat, if it helps you sleep better at night I can make it say 5 and 5A...

haha nice

Mavrix
11-06-2009, 11:39 PM
The Suns are not as good as you guys are making them out to be.

BTownTeamsRKing
11-06-2009, 11:42 PM
The Suns are not as good as you guys are making them out to be.

i hate jason richardson. he ALWAYS beats the Celtics. seriously LA should pay him like 15 mil just to play against us.

6-7 from 3. and i can tell u at least 5 of those were very well covered and the miss was from about 10 ft from halfcourt.

so annoying.

chitownbulls
11-06-2009, 11:44 PM
Nice to see the bulls getting some love in the top 10.

STAT32
11-06-2009, 11:45 PM
^^^ Lol he was on fire tonight.

MackSnackWrap
11-06-2009, 11:45 PM
1.Celtics
2. Magic
3. Lakers
4. Nuggets
5. Suns
6. Heat
7. Hawks
8. Spurs
9. Raptors
10. Cavs

metsfan316
11-06-2009, 11:48 PM

:laugh2:

MAC10TIZZY
11-06-2009, 11:52 PM
2. Magic
3. Lakers
4. Nuggets
5. Suns
6. Heat
7. Hawks
8. Spurs
9. Raptors
10. Cavs

i would hate to see who your number 1. is?

Mavrix
11-06-2009, 11:54 PM
2. Magic
3. Lakers
4. Nuggets
5. Suns
6. Heat
7. Hawks
8. Spurs
9. Raptors
10. Cavs

Raptors, Hawks, Heat, and Suns over the Mavs...lmao

floridian321
11-06-2009, 11:57 PM
We can make some evaluations at this point, teams have showed a shadow of what they're capable of doing......it's now up to you to decide. What are the top 10 teams in the NBA?

1. Celtics
2. Magic
3. Lakers
4. Suns
5. Heat
6. Nuggets
7. Mavs
8. Bulls
9. Cavs
10. Spurs

I agree with this.

Litchris12
11-07-2009, 12:09 AM

1. Celtics
2. Magic
3. Lakers
4. Suns
5. Heat
6. Nuggets
7. Mavs
8. Bulls
9. Cavs
10. Spurs

agre

69centers
11-07-2009, 12:12 AM
I've got about 14 teams ahead of the Bulls. PLEASE someone tell me what justification anyone has for putting them in a top 10 list right now other than they're early 3-2 record, which puts them in the playoffs if the season ended today?

NBA-GMaster
11-07-2009, 12:17 AM
Suns and Heat burned the Celtics and Nuggets for their 1st loss!!
And Nets still Winless!!:facepalm:

thephoenixson28
11-07-2009, 12:17 AM
The Suns are not as good as you guys are making them out to be. The Suns beat the heat that had only one loss and beat the celtics that where undefeated and you still don't give them love. Oh well like I been saying suns are underratted. I would put them in front of the mavs

effen5
11-07-2009, 12:19 AM
I've got about 14 teams ahead of the Bulls. PLEASE someone tell me what justification anyone has for putting them in a top 10 list right now other than they're early 3-2 record, which puts them in the playoffs if the season ended today?

Because the Bulls are leading the central without a healthy Rose, calm down bro first 5 games of the season.

Team*Chicago
11-07-2009, 01:10 AM
I say

1. Suns-because they beat the Heat and Celtics by giving them their only losses.
2. Celtics-they destroyed the hell out of the Bobcats and lost to the Suns.
3. Magics-they lost to the Pistons because D.Howard got fouled out.
4. Heat-because of D.Wade and they beat the Bulls and Nuggets.
5. Nuggets-beause they just lost to the Heat.
6. Lakers-because they lost to the Mavs and almost lost to the Rockets and Thunder.
7. Hawks-they was 4-1 now 4-2.
8. Mavericks-because they beat the Lakers.
9. Bulls-they beat the Cavs at their own home court, defeated the Spurs and competed with the Heat.
10. Rockets-because they are better than the Raptors, Bobcats and Cavs and played against tougher opponents than them.

That's how I see it.

STAT32
11-07-2009, 01:14 AM
^^^ Uhhh I don't know if I would go that far.

Team*Chicago
11-07-2009, 01:25 AM
^^^ Uhhh I don't know if I would go that far.

You're right, I shouldn't have went that far since it's way too early in the season these teams only played 5,6 and 7 games in a 82 game season.

abe_froman
11-07-2009, 01:36 AM

they beat two teams the were pegged as contenders and lead their division at this point

theimortalone
11-07-2009, 01:37 AM
I hope Phoenix continues to fly under the radar!!!

Eagles4Lyfe
11-07-2009, 01:51 AM
ahh its really hard to say but
1.Lakers- playing tough without gasol playing yet
2. Nuggets
3. Celtics
4. Magics
5. Suns
6. Heat
7. Hawks
8. Raps
9. Spurs
10. Mavs

Yaa dass right cavs dont even belong, they lack severe depth its going to be lebron carrying them and failing

swagga81
11-07-2009, 02:15 AM
:facepalm: you sir are a EPIC FAIL

lakersfan211
11-07-2009, 02:31 AM
the suns would get buried by a fully healthy laker team . the nuggets would kick their *** also and the spurs own them . if they make the playoffs they wouldnt get out of the 1st round imo . they have gotten off to a great start but its still early in the season to say their contenders which i beleive their not . sure they beat the celtics in boston but they might have overlooked them . look at the lakers loses last season to the bobcats twice and detroit beat them in la last year so you can see upsets in the nba . im still pretty sure that boston still has no respect for the suns , i dont think any of the top teams do .

metsfan316
11-07-2009, 02:49 AM
ahh its really hard to say but
1.Lakers- playing tough without gasol playing yet
2. Nuggets
3. Celtics
4. Magics
5. Suns
6. Heat
7. Hawks
8. Raps
9. Spurs
10. Mavs

Yaa dass right cavs dont even belong, they lack severe depth its going to be lebron carrying them and failing

And they began printing finals tickets like they're 100% sure they're gonna make the finals. They probrably wont even make it to the playoffs.

BTownTeamsRKing
11-07-2009, 02:52 AM
wow ppl counting out cleveland after 5 games. i am the biggest cavs hater. i cant stand their team, jerseys, annoying home court music played constantly. everything.

and i am NOT counting them out. they arent as good as last year. I think Shaq doesnt help much at all, but they will be there in the top 10 of teams until the end.

rick66ankiel24
11-07-2009, 03:03 AM
1. Celtics
2. Lakers
3. Magic
4. Suns
5. Heat
6. Nuggets
7. Rockets
8. Dallas
9. Cavs
10. Portland

nikefreek220
11-07-2009, 03:08 AM
I say

1. Suns-because they beat the Heat and Celtics by giving them their only losses.
6. Lakers-because they lost to the Mavs and almost lost to the Rockets and Thunder.7. Hawks-they was 4-1 now 4-2.
9. Bulls-they beat the Cavs at their own home court, defeated the Spurs and competed with the Heat.
10. Rockets-because they are better than the Raptors, Bobcats and Cavs and played against tougher opponents than them.

That's how I see it.

Dude you don't pay attention to basketball do you? or you just look at the scores and assume you know what happen..

Lakers have no Gasol through 6 Games, and Bynum has missed 1 game.
DJ MBENGA IS OUR STARTING CENTER!!!

The Rocket's are not that great. The Cavs>>>>Rockets.

Bulls_fan90
11-07-2009, 03:19 AM
You really dont need to mention that Bynum missed one game.

sunnydayin'zona
11-07-2009, 03:41 AM

i never put them above orlando
but how else would you know if, say, the suns were better than the heat or celtics, only by looking at the two times they played in the year, right?

well phoenix beat boston in boston, and miami in miami, and lost to orlando. so i put the suns behind orlando, but ahead of boston and miami.

i mean, we can all put who we "think" is better based on speculation, or we can put the list in order of who beat who, under the more difficult conditions. the heat beat the nuggets in miami, so the nuggets get the benefit of the doubt, maybe.

sunnydayin'zona
11-07-2009, 03:45 AM
I say

6. Lakers-because they lost to the Mavs and almost lost to the Rockets and Thunder.

That's how I see it.

but i'll give magic the 1 spot, benefit of the doubt because they are missing a starter, i suppose. same with lakers.

sunnydayin'zona
11-07-2009, 03:47 AM
:facepalm: you sir are a EPIC FAIL

:clap:
your celtics, sir, are EPIC FAIL. :facepalm:

Raph12
11-07-2009, 04:27 AM
i never put them above orlando
but how else would you know if, say, the suns were better than the heat or celtics, only by looking at the two times they played in the year, right?

well phoenix beat boston in boston, and miami in miami, and lost to orlando. so i put the suns behind orlando, but ahead of boston and miami.

i mean, we can all put who we "think" is better based on speculation, or we can put the list in order of who beat who, under the more difficult conditions. the heat beat the nuggets in miami, so the nuggets get the benefit of the doubt, maybe.

I get your reasoning, but your Suns shot extremely well against the Celts and Richardson went 6 for 7 from the arc... don't think that will happen too often.

I put Boston at number 1, seeming as how they have the best defense in the league and beat their opponents by an avg of ~15pts. I've seen both Phoenix and Miami play, to be honest, I don't consider either to be a title threat, defense wins championships, neither of them play too well on that end, therefore they are ranked #5 and #6; or 5 and 5A if you'd like.

When considering my Top 10 ranked teams, I don't go by who beat who, I assess how the teams play and after making a well-thought out assessment of the team, I rank them accordingly.

Venomous88
11-07-2009, 04:30 AM
1.Celtics
2.Magic
3.Lakers
4.Nuggets
5.Suns
6.Mavs
7.Heat
8.Hawks
9.Spurs
10.Cavs

JPHX
11-07-2009, 04:32 AM
I get your reasoning, but your Suns shot extremely well against the Celts and Richardson went 6 for 7 from the arc... don't think that will happen too often.

I put Boston at number 1, seeming as how they have the best defense in the league and beat their opponents by an avg of ~15pts. I've seen both Phoenix and Miami play, to be honest, I don't consider either to be a title threat, defense wins championships, neither of them play too well on that end, therefore they are ranked #5 and #6; or 5 and 5A if you'd like.

When considering my Top 10 ranked teams, I don't go by who beat who, I assess how the teams play and after making a well-thought out assessment of the team, I rank them accordingly.

keep in mind, however, that the suns are expected to be more offensively and defensively balanced this year. even though they have shown signs of this, 5-6 games is nowhere near enough games to make a well thought out assessment.

nolin
11-07-2009, 04:41 AM
1.Magic- No doubt about it as of now they deserve the #1 spot.
2.Nuggets- playing great despite the loss to miami last night.
3.Suns- Most likely will drop, but deserving of the #3 spot right now.
4.Celtics- playing great despite there loss to the suns.
5.Heat- A bit of a surprise so far.
6.Lakers- Holding there own without Pau, but have not really beaten a contender
7.Rockets- without Yao and Tmac they find a way to win.
8.Hawks- Playing good ball. besides there let down in charlotte last night.
9.Bulls- 2 good wins over preseason top 5 teams.
10.Mavs- Tough loss vs hornets the other night or they would be higher.

This is the top 10 right now. Right on the money.

Raph12
11-07-2009, 04:48 AM
keep in mind, however, that the suns are expected to be more offensively and defensively balanced this year. even though they have shown signs of this, 5-6 games is nowhere near enough games to make a well thought out assessment.

Exactly, that's why my initial post says "As of now" at the beginning and "it will look WAY different by next week" at the end.

I agree they will be way better on both ends now that they have that broken-down Diesal out of their way, but, they weren't a good defensive team before he was there either sooooo... we will just have to wait and see how this plays out.

69centers
11-07-2009, 09:34 AM
they beat two teams the were pegged as contenders and lead their division at this point

It's 5 games in and 2 wins is not the measure of a team. You look at the components and talent, and they lost Ben Gordon, so that's a huge gap for a team that just squeaked into the playoffs last year with him. They are absolutely not a top 10 team this year.

thephoenixson28
11-07-2009, 11:07 AM
:clap:
your celtics, sir, are EPIC FAIL. :facepalm: You mean laker fan :shrug: oh no your right or are you. This guy don't know if he is a celtic fan or laker fan

MakaSizzle
11-07-2009, 11:26 AM
lol at swagger being a complete moron. Hes just covering his as$ depnding on where the weather is better at the end of the year

domz248
11-07-2009, 11:39 AM
lol suns fans getting all excited over a win lol ... in a 7 game series the suns will get torn apart ... there a good team but stop over hyping ... the celtics were due for a loss and so was the nuggets... i still think the suns and heat are good but come play-off time it will be a different story

MAC10TIZZY
11-07-2009, 11:47 AM
1. MAGIC
2. celtics
3. denver
4. lakers
5. cavs
6. through 10. who cares?????

alright well after a good nights sleep i decided to come back in here and fix what i wrote
1. magic
2. celtics
3. lakers
4. miami
5. denver
6. suns

thephoenixson28
11-07-2009, 12:00 PM
lol suns fans getting all excited over a win lol ... in a 7 game series the suns will get torn apart ... there a good team but stop over hyping ... the celtics were due for a loss and so was the nuggets... i still think the suns and heat are good but come play-off time it will be a different story Na over two wins. Miami and Boston. We beat both that were undefeated and not to mention miami beat the nuggets. I'm not saying we are the top team in the nba but we aint no push over either

AIMelo=KillaDUO
11-07-2009, 12:22 PM
Celts
Magic
Nuggets
Lakers

camador22
11-07-2009, 12:30 PM
1. Celtics
2. Magic
3. Suns
4. Lakers
5. Heat
6. Nuggets
7. Hawks
8. Mavs
9. Spurs
10. Cavs

Scalphunter13
11-07-2009, 04:46 PM
I say

That's how I see it.

You must be a man of higher education, your logical reasoning is astonishing....lol

PHX2daDEATH
11-07-2009, 05:00 PM
still early.. we should wait until after the weekend to rank teams , those of you saying the Suns are weak defensively dont understand they are going to give up a lot of points playing up-tempo.. Can't wait until next thursday even though it will be the second game of a back-to-to-back.. Suns-Lakers should be great

MiamiHeat
11-07-2009, 05:00 PM
I say

That's how I see it.

:facepalm:
you clearly don't watch HEAT games and don't have a clue what you're talking about.

The whole team has actually contributed and Wade hasn't really been forced to take over games, only once out of the 6 games so it hasn't been all WADE

theimortalone
11-07-2009, 05:03 PM
I say if Phoenix can beat the Wizards, 76ers, Hornets, and then somehow beat the Lakers in the coming week, people will start talking about them as a top contender.

theimortalone
11-07-2009, 05:05 PM
you clearly don't watch HEAT games and don't have a clue what you're talking about.

The whole team has actually contributed and Wade hasn't really been forced to take over games, only once out of the 6 games so it hasn't been all WADE

I agree with you. The Heat are a dangerous team this year. They looked very good against the Suns. They are not good just because of D-Wade. Everyone is contributing very well.

MackSnackWrap
11-07-2009, 05:41 PM
ye heat are lookin realll good no doubt so are the suns and the Raps

Team*Chicago
11-07-2009, 05:46 PM
Dude you don't pay attention to basketball do you? or you just look at the scores and assume you know what happen..

I pay attention to basketball to know enough. It doesn't matter if the Lakers are missing Gasol or Bynum for one game there's mo excuses for that atleast Kobe is there, you're just a bias Lakers fan. The Cavs aren't that good either, they lost their powerhouse statist and they were unable to blowout the Knicks last night. The Rockets can win without Yao Ming but the Cavs can't win without Lebron James.

but i'll give magic the 1 spot, benefit of the doubt because they are missing a starter, i suppose. same with lakers.

It doesn't matter there's still no excuses for that if they are missing starters or not.

You must be a man of higher education, your logical reasoning is astonishing....lol

Thank you, I'm just looking at things at a natural point of view not a fan of a favorite team of point of veiw.

:eyebrow: The Heat are just like the Cavs, Lakers, Hornets ad Magic they can't win without their superstar and it has already been proven before with those teams. I can always look at the highlights videos and statistic when the games aren't shown on national tv.

Ballah0liC1
11-07-2009, 05:48 PM

they barely beat houston without 2 ALLSTARS do u watch basketball ??
our starting center is chuck hayes, our best player is the man everyone thought was a ****** role player but hes proving the doubters wrong

Team*Chicago
11-07-2009, 05:54 PM
they barely beat houston without 2 ALLSTARS do u watch basketball ??
our starting center is chuck hayes, our best player is the man everyone thought was a ****** role player but hes proving the doubters wrong

He/she is just a bias Lakers fan.

Go_NUGGETS
11-07-2009, 06:02 PM
Denver and L.A. have had injuries thus far.

It'll be best to make this topic when teams are healthy.

BkOriginalOne
11-07-2009, 06:15 PM
I don't care if the Nuggets lost to the Heat, they would still beat them in a 7game, and are a better club.

championships
11-07-2009, 06:24 PM
Had a feeling this thread would cause some butt hurt in here. To the people who say "Well your team barely won". Take a look at the standings, It still shows up as a W and the team who lose has an L. You are going to bring the best out of every team night in and night out when you are defending champs.

championships
11-07-2009, 06:26 PM
There will be alot of close games. Being able to close out those kind of games says what kind of contender you are.

JDizzle
11-07-2009, 07:41 PM
how bout dem suns

NFLNBA
11-07-2009, 08:06 PM
Gonna say as of today

Nuggets
Celtics
Suns
Magic
Lakers* - Scary they are this good without Gasol

king4day
11-07-2009, 08:23 PM
I say if Phoenix can beat the Wizards, 76ers, Hornets, and then somehow beat the Lakers in the coming week, people will start talking about them as a top contender.

The next 3 don't matter in the eyes of the experts. If we beat LA, then ESPN will write an article on us.

Bishnoff
11-07-2009, 08:33 PM
As of now my Top 10:
1. Celtics
2. Magic
3. Lakers
4. Nuggets
5. Heat
6. Suns
7. Mavs
8. Spurs
9. Cavs
10. Bulls

Suns beat Miami and were the only team to beat your #1 Boston but you have Miami above the Suns? Pfft.

_KB24_
11-07-2009, 08:39 PM
Celtics
Lakers
Nuggets
Magic

Don't really care for the rest right now. Expect to see the Spurs their come playoff time.

Bashna
11-07-2009, 08:59 PM
Top 10 teams RIGHT NOW THIS VERY SECOND :

Celtics
Magic
Lakers
Nuggets
Suns
Heat
Cavs
Rockets
Mavericks
Raptors

What it PROBABLY(of course this is just my Opinion) will look like at the end of the season:

Celtics
Lakers
Magic
Cavs
Spurs
Nuggets
Mavericks
Raptors
Suns
Bulls

dee279
11-07-2009, 08:59 PM

Miami have been playing great defense. Watch games. they just held one of the highest scoring offenses if not the highest scoring offense to 88 points. Miami has the number 5 defense only allowing 90 points so obviously u dont know what you talking about. and well thought out assessment u say? well u should go by facts first.

domz248
11-07-2009, 10:05 PM
Na over two wins. Miami and Boston. We beat both that were undefeated and not to mention miami beat the nuggets. I'm not saying we are the top team in the nba but we aint no push over either

you guys are good but it don't matter .... when play-offs come lakers will take care of business

Raph12
11-07-2009, 10:55 PM
Miami have been playing great defense. Watch games. they just held one of the highest scoring offenses if not the highest scoring offense to 88 points. Miami has the number 5 defense only allowing 90 points so obviously u dont know what you talking about. and well thought out assessment u say? well u should go by facts first.

Miami is just clicking at a time where everyone is trying to find their stride. Wait for it, guaranteed they finish 5th or worse in the East. But I have Miami at 5th in the league atm, so keep your panties dry.

Suns beat Miami and were the only team to beat your #1 Boston but you have Miami above the Suns? Pfft.

I have them tied for 5th with Miami, seriously people, if you'd like, I'll make it 5 and 5A.

Btw against Boston, J-Rich went 6 of 7 from the arc... never gonna happen again.

Venomous88
11-07-2009, 11:05 PM
1.Celtics
2.Magic
3.Lakers
4.Nuggets
5.Suns
6.Mavs
7.Heat
8.Hawks
9.Spurs
10.CavsBest list by far

thephoenixson28
11-07-2009, 11:15 PM
you guys are good but it don't matter .... when play-offs come lakers will take care of business We will see, we had the lakers number the last 2 times we played them in the playoffs.

Raph12
11-07-2009, 11:49 PM
We will see, we had the lakers number the last 2 times we played them in the playoffs.

Last two times they didn't have Gasol...

JPHX
11-08-2009, 12:23 AM
Last two times they didn't have Gasol...

lol. it seems like everyone is attacking your list. Last time i checked Ralph12 is not a professional nba analyst for espn.

Raph12
11-08-2009, 02:14 AM
lol. it seems like everyone is attacking your list. Last time i checked Ralph12 is not a professional nba analyst for espn.

It's "Raph" for Raphael

Anyways, the only ones "attacking" my list are Heat and Suns fans... they feel like they are better than Boston and Denver, to be frank, I do not.

rockets2
11-08-2009, 06:05 AM
Keep underestimating the rockets. we've beaten the blazers, jazz in utah by over 20 and led the lakers for 95% of the game. it took 41 from kobe to beat us by 1. houston will only get bettter with budinger getting better and mcgrady returning.

PHX2daDEATH
11-08-2009, 07:20 AM
Denver lost again by 25 to Atlanta..when are people going to give the Hawks some respect... Anyways to the guy who said the lakers didnt have Gasol when the Suns beat them in the playoffs... Well the Suns didnt have Shaq slowing them down either, nobody gets the addition by subtraction when it comes to Shaq..

domz248
11-08-2009, 10:34 AM
We will see, we had the lakers number the last 2 times we played them in the playoffs.

lolol your talking about a laker team with smush and kwame brown starting lolol ... you guys were good for like 4 years but got 0 rings ???? the suns haven't beaten the lakers since they got gasol ???? i guarantee you the lakers take it ... they won't even play the suns in the play-offs

domz248
11-08-2009, 10:36 AM
Keep underestimating the rockets. we've beaten the blazers, jazz in utah by over 20 and led the lakers for 95% of the game. it took 41 from kobe to beat us by 1. houston will only get bettter with budinger getting better and mcgrady returning.

the rockets are a good team and will be good in the future but comparing them to the lakers is stupud ... it don't matter how long you were winning game just who finishes on top ... no gold medal for 2nd

Penetra8r
11-08-2009, 11:36 AM
Lakers / Celtics

thephoenixson28
11-08-2009, 11:38 AM
lolol your talking about a laker team with smush and kwame brown starting lolol ... you guys were good for like 4 years but got 0 rings ???? the suns haven't beaten the lakers since they got gasol ???? i guarantee you the lakers take it ... they won't even play the suns in the play-offs You know the reason I don't need to explain why we have 0 rings. We havnt beat you guys cuz of shaq. But we will see come playoff time.

SunsFanIam
11-08-2009, 11:52 AM
It really is too early to state top 10 but I am glad to see the suns getting some love here. I see alot of hate too but the fact is before the season everyone wasnt even sure they were going to make the playoffs and now people are putting them in the top 6 teams I love it!

rockets2
11-08-2009, 12:19 PM
the rockets are a good team and will be good in the future but comparing them to the lakers is stupud ... it don't matter how long you were winning game just who finishes on top ... no gold medal for 2nd

Who compared them to la:facepalm:. i said right now there playing like a top 10 TEAM. where did you get me saying there better then la:facepalm:. jesuse christ.

GatorKid117
11-08-2009, 03:04 PM
1. Magic--Looked good despite injures/suspensions/illness to much of their lineup
2. Lakers--Won despite injuries to Gasol/Bynum. Kobe has been doin work
3. Celtics--Have not looked as sharp lately. What happened against the Nets?
4. Heat--Just keep winning
5. Nuggets--Need JR Smith and Martin back. Still impressive start despite late work.
6. Phoenix--Surprise team so far. Back to their old ways.
7. Mavs--Had their ups and downs. Need to stay consistent.
8. Hawks--Impressive win last night. If Josh Smith plays to his potential--scary...
9. Spurs--Haven't looked good but what can you say, they're the Spurs
10. Cavs--Will the Shaq experiment work? Cant say yet.

ManChild
11-08-2009, 07:43 PM
1. Magic-they are probably the deepest team in the league
2. Celtics-they looked unstoppable in the beginning of the season, but now look a little distracted
3. Suns-the biggest suprise of the season and the most talented offensive team in the NBA in my opinion
4.Heat-they keep getting better and better
5-Lakers-still are not in championship form with all the injuries, but they are still a formidable team without Gasol
6-Nuggets-would have put them higher, but they are currently on a two game losing streak losing to Miami and Atlanta
7-Atlanta-they have dropped some winnable games, but they are still impressive at home
8-Rockets-yes the Rockets, they play with a lot of heart
9-Cavs-if they can get Shaq going and learn how to play together, they will move up
10-Mavs-they blew out the Lakers (Gasol was injured), but they need to stay consistent

mrblisterdundee
11-08-2009, 08:40 PM
1. Celtics
2. Suns
3. Lakers
4. Orlando
5. Denver
6. Miami
7. Atlanta
8. Dallas
9. Chicago
10. Clevland

evadatam5150
11-08-2009, 10:18 PM
1. Magic-they are probably the deepest team in the league
2. Celtics-they looked unstoppable in the beginning of the season, but now look a little distracted
3. Suns-the biggest suprise of the season and the most talented offensive team in the NBA in my opinion
4.Heat-they keep getting better and better
5-Lakers-still are not in championship form with all the injuries, but they are still a formidable team without Gasol
6-Nuggets-would have put them higher, but they are currently on a two game losing streak losing to Miami and Atlanta
7-Atlanta-they have dropped some winnable games, but they are still impressive at home
8-Rockets-yes the Rockets, they play with a lot of heart
9-Cavs-if they can get Shaq going and learn how to play together, they will move up
10-Mavs-they blew out the Lakers (Gasol was injured), but they need to stay consistent

Wow...!!! Suns fan is really working this good start for all it's worth.. :clap: I'm surprised you didn't hook them up with the one spot since they did beat the Celtics.. LOL.. Same old same old as far as Suns fan is concerned, never worried about being number 1 as long as they feel they're better than the Lakers... :facepalm:

STAT32
11-08-2009, 10:35 PM
Why don't the Suns warrant a top 5 seed man? I thought the power rankings were based on a team's performance for that week? If so, then the Suns definitely deserve to be ranked pretty high. They went on the road and beat 2 previously undefeated teams, they're probably going to end up going 4-1 on this eastern conference road trip. That's pretty damn impressive to me. Nobody is saying they are favorites to reach the Finals but they have played well enough to earn a top 5 spot in the power rankings.

ManChild
11-08-2009, 10:47 PM
[QUOTE=evadatam5150;11338933]Wow...!!! Suns fan is really working this good start for all it's worth.. :clap: I'm surprised you didn't hook them up with the one spot since they did beat the Celtics.. LOL.. Same old same old as far as Suns fan is concerned, never worried about being number 1 a

You don't have to agree with my top ten rankings, it is my opinion after all. Remember that the Suns wins have been more impressive than the Lakers wins. The Lakers as they are currently assembled almost got blown out by Dallas in the Staples Center (I believe they won by 14), their wins have been over teams such as the Thunder, Clippers, and Grizzlies, all of which are probably non-playoff teams.

My list is based off of what I have seen, and from what I have seen, the Suns have had more impressive wins than the Lakers. They have had wins over the previously undefeated Miami Heat and Boston Celtics. The Celtics were riding on Cloud 9 until the Suns ended their fun. Last season, the games were over after the 1st or 2nd quarter. This season, the Suns did not only win in the Celtics house, but dropped the most points by any team this season on their elite defense (110). However, I believe the Lakers will be much, much better with Gasol and Bynum back.

evadatam5150
11-08-2009, 11:49 PM
Why don't the Suns warrant a top 5 seed man? I thought the power rankings were based on a team's performance for that week? If so, then the Suns definitely deserve to be ranked pretty high. They went on the road and beat 2 previously undefeated teams, they're probably going to end up going 4-1 on this eastern conference road trip. That's pretty damn impressive to me. Nobody is saying they are favorites to reach the Finals but they have played well enough to earn a top 5 spot in the power rankings.

If you've read any of my other posts concerning the Suns I've given them their due.. Top 7 I'm fine with maybe even top 5.. The 2 spot..?? Again if you're going to go there then might as well go to the one spot since you busted down the Celtics in the process, but Nope, gave yourselves the two spot in front of LA.. :confused: Suns fan is just predictable is my point.. :D

STAT32
11-08-2009, 11:53 PM
I didn't bust down anybody. What I did say is that the Suns are playing the best basketball of anyone this season. That is a fact. The Lakers are eeking out wins against bad teams and they have yet to go on an extended road trip.

ManChild
11-09-2009, 12:56 AM
Lakers fans in this thread are just...

JPHX
11-09-2009, 01:24 AM
I didn't bust down anybody. What I did say is that the Suns are playing the best basketball of anyone this season. That is a fact. The Lakers are eeking out wins against bad teams and they have yet to go on an extended road trip.

no doubt. but once Gasol gets back in there.....

thephoenixson28
11-09-2009, 01:44 AM
Wow...!!! Suns fan is really working this good start for all it's worth.. :clap: I'm surprised you didn't hook them up with the one spot since they did beat the Celtics.. LOL.. Same old same old as far as Suns fan is concerned, never worried about being number 1 as long as they feel they're better than the Lakers... :facepalm: Why wouldn't they be top 2 they beat the heat that was undefeated also the celtics. The celtics were blowing teams out by 20 ppg. I would put it like this right now
1.Orlando
2.Suns
3.Celtics
4.Lakers
5.Heat
6.Nuggets
7.Atlants
8.Rockets
9.Mavs
10. Toss up

Mavs could probably switch up to 7th but I would put it up like that.

The only loss was a back to back against a dominant team orlando. We kept up with them for 3 quarters but legs get tired and j-rich,nash,hill,frye didn't come to play but no excuses. That's why I put the magic first. We are not the only ones that are saying phoenix get put on top.

domz248
11-09-2009, 10:52 AM
suns fans deserve the trophy for the best team of week 1 lol... we will see this thursday if the suns can beat the lakers with injuries... if any one wants to bet i got lakers on anything ??? no bs we will see thursday... either way nash will take the suns to the first or 2nd round and lose like usual

thephoenixson28
11-09-2009, 11:12 AM
suns fans deserve the trophy for the best team of week 1 lol... we will see this thursday if the suns can beat the lakers with injuries... if any one wants to bet i got lakers on anything ??? no bs we will see thursday... either way nash will take the suns to the first or 2nd round and lose like usual Which suns fans are calling for the trophy. We simply ranked the top teams out of the games that have been played and that's it. If or when we beat your lakers team would you put us on top, probably not but who cares. Unless there is no refs,stern,or injuries deciding the game we have a lot better chance at getting to the championship. We would've had a couple already but they determined the outcome of the games.

SunsFanIam
11-09-2009, 12:09 PM
I love how everyone is hating on the Suns and Heat. Do I put the Suns at the number 1 spot no. This thread I thought was suppose to be thus far and you get alot of people with the "come playoff time" "Last year" "typical suns fan" comments. If you see and follow closely to all NBA not just your team then you would see the power rankings should be something like this.

1. Celtics
2. Nuggets
3. Magic
4. Suns
5. Lakers
6. Miami
7. Dallas
8. Alanta
9. Bulls
10. Rockets/ Raptors

That is based on how well teams are playing after a couple weeks of basketball. No one has hit there stride. No one is saying this list will not change next week. This is just the first 2 weeks of basket and how well teams are playing. I am sure Lakers will rise to the top spot in a couple of weeks, but right now after watching alot of teams play thru the NBA Leauge Pass this is just how I see them as of today.

Gibby23
11-09-2009, 12:26 PM
This is the funniest thread ever. The Suns have a good week and now they are a top team in the NBA. The Suns will be exposed for who they are on Thursday. Lol at being a top tam in the NBA, that ship has sailed.

ny212
11-09-2009, 12:26 PM
1-knicks
2-nets
3-twolves
4-warriors
5-grizzles
6-wizards
7-pacers
8-detroit
9-bobcats
10-hornets

Cool007
11-09-2009, 12:42 PM
Spurs SHOULD NOT BE in the top 10 on ANYONE's List.

Bulls have been better so far and it's NO CONTEST - even with Rose being injured and us missing a starter in Tyrus.

ManChild
11-09-2009, 05:29 PM
Look at all these Suns haters. LOL

Gibby23
11-09-2009, 05:32 PM
Look at all these Suns haters. LOL

i wouldn't say haters. Everyone knows the Suns are not a real threat to do anything in the playoffs. Look at what they have done in the past, this current group isn't even as good as the past playoff teams.

KG2TB
11-09-2009, 05:56 PM
To be fair, it says name the top 10 nba teams 'SO FAR' this season

Some of these teams will fall, some of them won't.

thephoenixson28
11-09-2009, 06:03 PM
i wouldn't say haters. Everyone knows the Suns are not a real threat to do anything in the playoffs. Look at what they have done in the past, this current group isn't even as good as the past playoff teams.
Pg.Nash vs Nash
Sg.Raja vs Richardson
Sf.Marion vs Hill
Pf. Amare vs Amare
C. Thomas vs Frye

Tell me who is better

lakersdynasty21
11-09-2009, 06:08 PM
1. Magic--Looked good despite injures/suspensions/illness to much of their lineup
2. Lakers--Won despite injuries to Gasol/Bynum. Kobe has been doin work
3. Celtics--Have not looked as sharp lately. What happened against the Nets?
4. Heat--Just keep winning
5. Nuggets--Need JR Smith and Martin back. Still impressive start despite late work.
6. Phoenix--Surprise team so far. Back to their old ways.
7. Mavs--Had their ups and downs. Need to stay consistent.
8. Hawks--Impressive win last night. If Josh Smith plays to his potential--scary...
9. Spurs--Haven't looked good but what can you say, they're the Spurs
10. Cavs--Will the Shaq experiment work? Cant say yet.

this would be my top 10 so far also, maybe drop the nuggets to six and put the suns at 4 and miami at 5

thephoenixson28
11-09-2009, 06:12 PM
To be fair, it says name the top 10 nba teams 'SO FAR' this season

Some of these teams will fall, some of them won't. I know every laker fan is assuming we are calling for the trophy already.

lakersdynasty21
11-09-2009, 06:18 PM
Pg.Nash vs Nash
Sg.Raja vs Richardson
Sf.Marion vs Hill
Pf. Amare vs Amare
C. Thomas vs Frye

Tell me who is better

ill give you that they are better this year than in the past amare is a beast steve nash is playin like the mvp steve nash and channing frye is a pleasant surprise for them, but we have to see if they can keep up playing as good as they are and if they can win in the playoffs and get to the finals which has eluded them in the past (even though i think they would have won that series against the spurs) but either way only time will tell if they can keep it up

jwn0303
11-09-2009, 06:25 PM
I am in disbelief at the lack of love for the Hawks. Lost to the Lakers, and to the Bobcats on the last game of their 4 game road trip. It was their 4th game in 6 days, all on the road. Then they beat the Nuggets, albeit without K-Mart, but it is still a great win.

1. Celtics
2. Magic
3. Lakers
4. Suns
5. Nuggets
6. Hawks
7. Mavs
8. Cavs
9. Spurs
10. Heat

Knickrocketsfan
11-09-2009, 06:27 PM
no love for the rockets wow they should be on everyone list they will be a team to be reckoned with west was over advertised not as strong as it was in past yrs expect rockets to be at their usual spot at number 4 or 5 in the west

Gibby23
11-09-2009, 06:27 PM
I know every laker fan is assuming we are calling for the trophy already.

It doesn't matter to me that Suns fans think they are better than the Lakers. The Suns are a great regular season team.

thephoenixson28
11-09-2009, 06:28 PM
ill give you that they are better this year than in the past amare is a beast steve nash is playin like the mvp steve nash and channing frye is a pleasant surprise for them, but we have to see if they can keep up playing as good as they are and if they can win in the playoffs and get to the finals which has eluded them in the past (even though i think they would have won that series against the spurs) but either way only time will tell if they can keep it up I honestly thought we would've had a championship if dumbass stern didn't suspend amare and diaw. All we had to go against was utah and cleveland. Oh well a lot of people say no excuses but people like that determine the outcome of the series. I think our squad is a lot better then everyone is giving us credit for.

Go_NUGGETS
11-09-2009, 06:41 PM
Then they beat the Nuggets, albeit without K-Mart, but it is still a great win.

Without K-MART and J.R.

But like I said....Why should it concern who's been the best so far??? Wait until teams are healthy to make such measurements.

da wood
11-09-2009, 07:06 PM
ok the lakers lost to dallas without pau. and orlando lost without vc and some of thier other players. thats why you have depth charts.

da wood
11-09-2009, 07:07 PM
i wont sit here and tell you who i think is the best i'm a lakers fans but to be honest. some of the teams look damn good at time and like **** other times and thats been pretty much all the teams. ask me again in jan.

Bishnoff
11-09-2009, 07:24 PM

I disagree. The Suns have a much better team than last season and have reverted back to their preferred style. The West is not as strong as in recent seasons in the sense that there are less strong teams; the top teams in the West may have gotten stronger but outside the top 3-4 the rest have dropped off a bit. Thereís no reason why the Suns couldnít go to the Western Conference Semiís or Finals, but it is way too early to tell whether they will continue to perform to their potential (which they would definitely need to do in order to go deep in the Playoffs).

Bishnoff
11-09-2009, 07:27 PM
this would be my top 10 so far also, maybe drop the nuggets to six and put the suns at 4 and miami at 5

I agree. A good non-partisan list originally by GatorKid117 with lakersdynasty21's amendments.

jwn0303
11-09-2009, 09:49 PM
Without K-MART and J.R.

But like I said....Why should it concern who's been the best so far??? Wait until teams are healthy to make such measurements.

Yeah, I just count JR as a given since he was suspended. You'll notice how even though we won, I listed y'all higher. :D

Lol, but yeah. I agree. Rankings mean nothing early, but it gives people something to do.

More-Than-Most
11-09-2009, 10:22 PM
The way that steve nash is playing the suns are easily number 1... Looking more and more like they could be back in the title contender ranks if they can keep this up/

jwn0303
11-09-2009, 10:31 PM
I dunno about easily number 1, but they are in the top 5 early.

bagwell368
11-09-2009, 10:33 PM
look at the point differential - SRS:

Celts - 10.7
Portl - 09.5
Thun - 07.8
Rock - 07.4
Heat - 07.0
Lakr - 06.7
Mav - 06.4
Haw - 06.2
Suns - 05.1
Denv - 04.8

early yet, so its not perfect, but its usually a great way to start the ranking. Celts have to be considered for #1 - winning at Cle, crushing several other teams, winning a few poorly played games on the road.

evadatam5150
11-12-2009, 02:40 AM

Let me clarify: Since the SUNS busted down the Cletics..!!!! Why not give yourselves the #1 spot.. :clap:

evadatam5150
11-12-2009, 02:42 AM
Lakers fans in this thread are just...

.... RIGHT....!!! Is that what you were going to say.. :D

Bashna
11-12-2009, 03:05 AM
So..after tonight :

Boston
Phoenix
LA
Miami
Denver
Portland
Atlanta
Dallas
Orlando
Cleveland

evadatam5150
11-12-2009, 03:05 AM
This is the funniest thread ever. The Suns have a good week and now they are a top team in the NBA. The Suns will be exposed for who they are on Thursday. Lol at being a top tam in the NBA, that ship has sailed.

NO...!!! They are the second best team in front of the Lakers even though they beat the team they put in front of them... :confused:

LOL.. If I were Suns fan I'd be stoked too though.. In truth from the last couple of seasons they've had it must be a relief to see their team competitive again...

GoatMilk
11-12-2009, 03:08 AM
So..after tonight :

Boston
Phoenix
LA
Miami
Denver
Portland
Atlanta
Dallas
Orlando
Cleveland

lol you know it's early when Phoenix is 2nd, Miami is 4th, and it isn't 2005.

Bashna
11-12-2009, 03:10 AM
Lol, eva you've got issues...I realize you're upset that the Suns have a better record than the lakers, but they've also played more games, so relax. Tomorrow will be quite a game Phx vs LA, and i'm sure no matter the outcome you'll have some "SUBJECTIVE" point to make against the Suns about how they aren't contenders and are just lucky to go 8-1 playing 5 road games, and having (i believe) 17 of their first 26 games being away from home, while the lakers have i believe 14 of their first 22 at home will have no bearing on how the suns standing will look....Anyway, it doesn't matter what you OR I think, this is an opinion based thread, and BASED on the standing of the past 2weeks, you could make a VERY VERY VERY strong arguement of how the Suns are better than the Lakers, and celtics (But less so for the celtics)

Bashna
11-12-2009, 03:11 AM
lol you know it's early when Phoenix is 2nd, Miami is 4th, and it isn't 2005.

kaybra

GoatMilk
11-12-2009, 05:16 AM
I agree with your list(Orlando can be a little higher), just making a point.
I used your post to make that point. not calling you out or anything

Wrigheyes4MVP
11-12-2009, 06:06 AM
Lets be real...this is where things stand as of now:

1A) Lakers
1B) Celtics

Everyone else.

Wrigheyes4MVP
11-12-2009, 06:08 AM
1-knicks
2-nets
3-twolves
4-warriors
5-grizzles
6-wizards
7-pacers
8-detroit
9-bobcats
10-hornets

As a Kings fan...Im happy you left them off this list.

FREDFLINTSTONE
11-12-2009, 11:39 AM
1. Celts.

2. Cavs
3. Magic
4. Lakers

others

billythekid
11-12-2009, 12:03 PM
1. Celts.

2. Cavs
3. Magic
4. Lakers

others

as i agree the celtics are #1 i also think the lakers are #2

1 - celtics
2 - lakers
3 - magic
4 - cavs
5 - suns
6 - spurs
the rest are second tier teams right now but there are a few that ill leave out even thought i like them alot

Spank
11-12-2009, 08:48 PM
Lakers
Celtics
Suns
Magic
Heat

Daylight

evadatam5150
11-13-2009, 02:21 AM
Lol, eva you've got issues...I realize you're upset that the Suns have a better record than the lakers, but they've also played more games, so relax. Tomorrow will be quite a game Phx vs LA, and i'm sure no matter the outcome you'll have some "SUBJECTIVE" point to make against the Suns about how they aren't contenders and are just lucky to go 8-1 playing 5 road games, and having (i believe) 17 of their first 26 games being away from home, while the lakers have i believe 14 of their first 22 at home will have no bearing on how the suns standing will look....Anyway, it doesn't matter what you OR I think, this is an opinion based thread, and BASED on the standing of the past 2weeks, you could make a VERY VERY VERY strong arguement of how the Suns are better than the Lakers, and celtics (But less so for the celtics)

Since this IS an opinion based thread then don't our opinions matter no matter how skewed they are...?? I mean that's the beauty of a place like this isn't it.. I don't come here to simply want peeps to see things the same way I see them and I don't think I'm right ALL of the time.. I do however find fans to be a fickle fanatical and odd group to be sure.. I am just as fickle as the next fan.. I love and hate my teams all in the same breath..

But I still find it intriguing that SUN fan puts their team at the number 2 spot in front of the Lakers even after they soundly beat the team they put at number one.. I mean you have to see the odd humor in that.. It just makes me laugh.. Anyways personally I thinks it's also off how silent Celtics fan is currently.. :D

AllTheWay
11-13-2009, 02:31 AM
Well considering the Lakers just **** all over the Suns, I would say they are number one right now. Even without Pau.

domz248
11-13-2009, 10:32 AM
wow the lakers slapped the suns in the face like i said they would lol =) the suns are a first round play-off team like barkley said