PDA

View Full Version : Who's your daddy chants?!?!

amoore87
11-05-2009, 03:20 PM
..does anyone think this had a role in pedro's performance in the world series due to the death of his father from 1 year ago?!?! I know the chants were because of his quote from his days in boston, but what do u think...

Tragedy
11-05-2009, 03:22 PM
Then why did he pitch well in Game 2 would be my question.

MooseWithFleas
11-05-2009, 03:25 PM
If there is one person I can guarantee it would not effect it would be Pedro Martinez. The guy doesn't get rattled, he is truly amazing. His turn back the clock performance in great 2 was very memorable, but he just didn't have the same stuff in game 6. His fastball wasn't as lively and the Yankee hitters were more use to the movement on his change-up and didn't chase it when it was out of the zone this time.

Red_Sox_89
11-05-2009, 03:27 PM
If there is one person I can guarantee it would not effect it would be Pedro Martinez. The guy doesn't get rattled, he is truly amazing. His turn back the clock performance in great 2 was very memorable, but he just didn't have the same stuff in game 6. His fastball wasn't as lively and the Yankee hitters were more use to the movement on his change-up and didn't chase it when it was out of the zone this time.

Exactly, this guy does not get rattled by anything. I guarantee he heard death threats every time he went to Yankee Stadium, but he never fell under the pressure. He's rock solid, and his father's passing probably didn't even cross his mind.

Big Zo
11-05-2009, 03:31 PM
Not at all. Besides, he probably referred to his dad as "Papi", not Daddy.

DJYankee
11-05-2009, 03:35 PM
WOOOA! That chant had to do nothing personal with Pedro Martinez. I know Pedro understand what was the chant about.

desertrat218
11-05-2009, 03:36 PM
Exactly, this guy does not get rattled by anything. I guarantee he heard death threats every time he went to Yankee Stadium, but he never fell under the pressure. He's rock solid, and his father's passing probably didn't even cross his mind.

Is anyone else disturbed by this?

natepro
11-05-2009, 03:45 PM
It may not've rattled him, but I was done with it by the second inning.

sawxfan
11-05-2009, 03:55 PM

The missed play by Victorino really hurt him. That ball gets caught( and it definitely should have) and the game is still 2-1. The only guy that seemed to be all over him was Matsui.

MooseWithFleas
11-05-2009, 03:57 PM
True. He only gave up 3 hits, 2 of them to Matsui and the one that Vic messed up.

sawxfan
11-05-2009, 03:59 PM
Oh, I didn't answer the thread. I think it may have made him want to be perfect, which led to the walks and HBP, but I seriously doubt it. In know way did he think it was related to his fathers death. Well, I can't say for certain, but I do not think so. Sounds like Psychobabble to me.

DieHardColtsfan
11-05-2009, 04:00 PM
Pedro likes the chants, IMO.

Jaydes
11-05-2009, 04:14 PM

You're signiture is AMAZING!

colinskik
11-05-2009, 04:16 PM
Best chant around. Especially when it's coupled with holding the clipping from the New York Post of Pedro's head on a toddler's body. That had me cracking up all night.

TheRuckus
11-05-2009, 04:30 PM
Yeah, I'm going to say the 84 MPH fastball and shoddy command had more to do with how he pitched last night than some stupid, played-out chant.

BluejaysFan08
11-05-2009, 04:31 PM
the chants are from his media scene, jeeze.

Tragedy
11-05-2009, 04:31 PM
Yeah, I'm going to say the 84 MPH fastball and shoddy command had more to do with how he pitched last night than some stupid, played-out chant.
McCarver said he wouldn't be able to pitch higher than 85, and yet he hit 86, 87, and 88 plenty. Idiot.

TheRuckus
11-05-2009, 04:34 PM
Eh. Most of them were in the 84-86 range. Not going to get it done unless you're painting the corners, which Pedro obviously wasn't.