PDA

View Full Version : Iverson upset after loss to warriors

bigvdebo86
11-05-2009, 03:15 AM
Do we want to develop kids or do we want to win basketball games?" Iverson asked. "Obviously the development comes with playing and practice and being in an NBA environment. But what do we do to win basketball games? To me that is the most important thing. Everything that I've experienced in the NBA is guys want to win basketball games.

"If they would have told me that I was coming to a team ... where this a rebuilding process, it wouldn't have sat well with me. From Day 1, any team I am on, I want to win basketball games. That's why I play the game. I hate losing more than I like winning."

Iverson said he was not told by Grizzlies management when he was discussing a free-agent contract with them that they were rebuilding.

"Nobody ever said anything about rebuilding," Iverson said. "You know I wouldn't have come to a team, at 34 years old, that was in a rebuilding process. I'm trying to win a championship. I didn't come here for no money, or a scoring title or all that stuff. I done all that. I want to win.

"If we are not trying to win, I have a problem. I'm assuming we are trying to win."

Now is it me or has ai played better than mike conley in 2 games he has been back he has shot better more assist so whats the reason why he is not getting more PT?He sat the last 4 min of the game they were only down by 8

Becks2307
11-05-2009, 07:54 AM
LOL Iverson came to the Griz and he thought they weren't rebuilding...what is he on ?

ivylleague1'
11-05-2009, 12:49 PM
Do we want to develop kids or do we want to win basketball games?" Iverson asked. "Obviously the development comes with playing and practice and being in an NBA environment. But what do we do to win basketball games? To me that is the most important thing. Everything that I've experienced in the NBA is guys want to win basketball games.

"If they would have told me that I was coming to a team ... where this a rebuilding process, it wouldn't have sat well with me. From Day 1, any team I am on, I want to win basketball games. That's why I play the game. I hate losing more than I like winning."

Iverson said he was not told by Grizzlies management when he was discussing a free-agent contract with them that they were rebuilding.

"Nobody ever said anything about rebuilding," Iverson said. "You know I wouldn't have come to a team, at 34 years old, that was in a rebuilding process. I'm trying to win a championship. I didn't come here for no money, or a scoring title or all that stuff. I done all that. I want to win.

"If we are not trying to win, I have a problem. I'm assuming we are trying to win."

Now is it me or has ai played better than mike conley in 2 games he has been back he has shot better more assist so whats the reason why he is not getting more PT?He sat the last 4 min of the game they were only down by 8

Source ? please

bigvdebo86
11-05-2009, 03:36 PM
nba.com is the source go to memphis vs warriors game info

NiTEFuRY
11-05-2009, 06:53 PM
Oh Brother AI.
I hate to say I told you so, but unfortunately Grizz fans... I told you so.

I only feel bad because you will hear this non-sense until you trade him and he is "happy" he will continue to complain until he latches on another team. He is a cancer and will reek havoc on your team.

ivylleague1'
11-05-2009, 07:03 PM
Oh Brother AI.
I hate to say I told you so, but unfortunately Grizz fans... I told you so.

I only feel bad because you will hear this non-sense until you trade him and he is "happy" he will continue to complain until he latches on another team. He is a cancer and will reek havoc on your team.

What is your point ? The complaint he is making is valid !!!!! I watch the Grizs because Iam interested in their winning games and not to watch some young player learning how to play. Go Iverson !!! Go Grizs.

drob33
11-05-2009, 10:51 PM
I don't think that's cancerous behavior/talk at all. I wonder myself if the Grizz are trying to win games, or if they have become so focused on lineups, personnel decisions, etc. that they literally dropped the ball.

As for Conley, I have no problem sitting him in favor of Iverson. I have never been a fan, and Conley actually improved his game after being benched last year. AI is still a better player and has that killer instinct that Conley probably doesn't. Conley is still young, and IMO the best thing for him would be to learn under AI.

NiTEFuRY
11-06-2009, 01:47 AM
Yea I guess I miss that not being able to watch your games. I suppose if the consensus is that AI can single handed-ly win you games - you should put him atop your depth chart.

...but if not, maybe developing that young baller to become a more all around player it may benefit you in the long run, far beyond AI's commitment to the Grizz and the NBA. I would agree shooting 39% for Conley is grounds for extra practice. But his APG is solid, so he is doing something right.

dhype14
11-06-2009, 03:08 AM
I would like to see the answer on the starting line up... It shows on d scoreboard more pts. assist and better fg percentage than CONLEY. He still has it. No disrespect on him. He is still playing on the higher level like KOBE. I wish he stayed in Philadelphia. I wanna see him win a ring.

mzgrizz
11-06-2009, 01:25 PM
Sit conley and start ai ..............period.

Sports Illustrator
11-06-2009, 06:29 PM
Memphis Grizzlies coach Lionel Hollins has made it clear that Allen Iverson is still coming off the bench, despite the player's complaints about being utilized as a reserve -- and his owner is backing him.

Iverson was unhappy with his nonstarting role earlier this week, saying Monday after the Grizzlies lost in Sacramento that he's "not a sixth man," according to The (Memphis) Commercial Appeal.

Grizzlies owner Michael Heisley made it clear Wednesday, however, that Hollins will make that decision, the newspaper reported.

"Lionel will handle it," Heisley said, according to the report. "This is a situation that'll be handled between Lionel and Allen. What Allen said was inappropriate, but I'm not going to make a big deal out of it. Allen expressed his frustration about not playing and I understand that."

"It's up to the coach to handle these issues," Heisley added, according to the report.

On Monday, Iverson, who missed the preseason and the start of the regular season because of a hamstring injury, played 18 minutes in a loss to the Kings and made headlines after the game when he complained about his diminished role.

"I had no problems [with the hamstring]. I had a problem with my butt sitting on that bench for so long," Iverson said, according to The Commercial Appeal.

From ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4625243)

ivylleague1'
11-06-2009, 09:02 PM
From ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4625243)

That was before the GS game.

Theanswer76
11-07-2009, 01:52 AM
iverson needs more PT, and for heavans sake, everyone oj mayo guards lights up first kevin martin, kobe.. whos next. I think we need a better defensive player because oj is not cutting it.

mzgrizz
11-07-2009, 02:02 AM
^^^^^^^^I wish we had gotten Dahntay Jones back this year.
AI should be ready to start by next week IMO.

Deezy Dee 24.
11-07-2009, 10:41 AM
1-5 this is ridicuolous.
mzgrizz, im starting to think AI should start too

I Am Awesome-O
11-07-2009, 06:46 PM
I still don't get why everyone thinks AI should start. Should he get more minutes? Sure. Does that mean he should start? Absolutely not. Our bench without Iverson consists of little scoring ability, and Iverson is a great scorer. It's a perfect fit. He is perfect in the 6th man role at this point in his career, whether he likes it or not.

EdGein812
11-08-2009, 01:32 AM
Iverson said he went to Memphis to win a championship? (I thought he went there because absolutely no one was willing to pay him what he was asking.) He is more delusional than I thought. He needs to accept the fact he may be more useful at this point coming off the bench. This guys ego can barely fit in a stadium. I thought it would take a quarter of the season to get to this point but I guess after a few games enough was enough.

EdGein812
11-08-2009, 01:39 AM
Blame the media. Blame the Pistons. Blame Micheal Curry. Blame Memphis. Blame Lionel Hollins.

It's like when my grandma started driving up curbs and going through red lights. For her own safety we had to try and take her license away but she wouldn't have it. She said she drove fine, and that we were trying to control her life. I'm sure she knew deep down but she was too proud to admit it. She couldn't accept the fact that she had reached that point in her life. It can be hard on grandma's and Iverson's but so life goes.

NZ_Lakers!
11-08-2009, 10:00 AM
AI is done surely.... I like the grizz and you guys have a great core with mayo gasol and gay, even randolph is playing well, its a shame the management keeps making stupid trades and decisions to hinder what could be a playoff team.