PDA

View Full Version : Danica Patrick Close to Deal with Earnhardt Jr.ís Nationwide Team

Nascar-NJDevils
11-04-2009, 11:43 PM
Danica Patrick is the final stages of negotiations on a two-year contract with JR Motorsports, the NASCAR Nationwide Series operation owned by Dale Earnhardt Jr., sources tell ESPN.

Patrick is expected to make her debut with the team at Daytona next February.

Patrick signed a three-year extension with Andretti Green Racing to continue driving for the team in the Indy Racing League, which made many believe she would not enter NASCAR any time soon.

The IRL has a 17-race schedule, meaning Patrick will probably not race a full-time schedule for JR Motorsportsí Nationwide team, ESPN reports.

Notably, GoDaddy.com is a sponsor of both Patrick and the No. 88 Chevrolet that JR Motorsports runs in the Nationwide Series. Brad Keselowski currently pilots that car, but is leaving at the end of the season to drive for Penske Racing in Sprint Cup.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news;_ylt=AiPuBAKstjBS4RYCSsL7XCjov7YF?slug=tsn-danicapatrickcloseto&prov=tsn&type=lgns

redsox12
11-06-2009, 01:11 PM
good move for Jr.

MarkieMark48
11-07-2009, 02:57 AM
The most overrated driver in nascar highers the overrated driver in indy car to drive his cars. Junior is slowly dropping off in popularity now that people are starting to realize exactly how mediocre he is, and he needed something to get him back in the spotlight. I dont know how Danica will do, but I expect her to crash out in atleast 1/2 of her races in 2010.

Dray13
11-07-2009, 06:47 AM
^ I agree with most of what you said. I think its more of a publicity stunt than anything. I mean I've got no problem with it (prob because shes in a bikini in the current wallpaper on my laptop) But I think she'll do ok. They both are alittle overrated...but to her credit she has improved in points every year shes been in Indy. While Jr has been regressing. Having said all that, I am looking forward to watching her race in 2010 and hope she does well.

redsox12
11-07-2009, 04:44 PM
The most overrated driver in nascar highers the overrated driver in indy car to drive his cars. Junior is slowly dropping off in popularity now that people are starting to realize exactly how mediocre he is, and he needed something to get him back in the spotlight. I dont know how Danica will do, but I expect her to crash out in atleast 1/2 of her races in 2010.

Jr will still win most popular driver

griff141
11-07-2009, 06:33 PM

I agree, I believe Junior inherited most of his fans from his father. Junior has been given every opportunity to succeed and hasn't lived up to all the hype. When he signed on with Hendrick Motorsports, I would have bet thousands that he'd be a championship contender. The excuse of inferior equipment is out the window. He's just not that great.

All of this is coming from a Dale Jr fan. I was a lifelong Dale Earnhardt fan and when he passed, the natural choice was to jump on the Junior bandwagon. It's hard being a NASCAR fan right now for me because I'm not going to hop off Junior's bandwagon just because he's struggling.

NASCAR in general needs to go in a different direction. NASCAR wonders why they can't sell out races and ratings are dropping, it's because people don't want to watch Jimmie Johnson win the championship every year. There's no parity, it's always the same drivers at the top.

MarkieMark48
11-07-2009, 06:51 PM
Jr will still win most popular driver

haha....and thats probably the only thing he will win in the next 5 years.

conversation in the Hendrick shop

Jeff Gordon: "Got a win this year, Finished in the top 3 in points, feels like I'm back on track to win my 5th championship"
Mark Martin: "I turned 50, won 5 races and 6 poles, and finished in the top 3 in points, Ive never been more happy driving a racecar in my life"
Jimmie Johnson: "I led the cup series in wins, and won my 4th championship in a row (maybe), dern I might be among the top 5 drivers of all time if I decided to end my career right now"
Dale Jr: "I uhhhh won the most popular driver award"
Gordon, Martin and Johnson all collectively: "Hahaha"
-Junior walks away
Gordon: "Why is he even on this team? He doesn't bring anything extra to the table"
-Johnson and Martin both shrug their shoulders at the same time

MarkieMark48
11-07-2009, 07:02 PM
I agree, I believe Junior inherited most of his fans from his father. Junior has been given every opportunity to succeed and hasn't lived up to all the hype. When he signed on with Hendrick Motorsports, I would have bet thousands that he'd be a championship contender. The excuse of inferior equipment is out the window. He's just not that great.

All of this is coming from a Dale Jr fan. I was a lifelong Dale Earnhardt fan and when he passed, the natural choice was to jump on the Junior bandwagon. It's hard being a NASCAR fan right now for me because I'm not going to hop off Junior's bandwagon just because he's struggling.

NASCAR in general needs to go in a different direction. NASCAR wonders why they can't sell out races and ratings are dropping, it's because people don't want to watch Jimmie Johnson win the championship every year. There's no parity, it's always the same drivers at the top.

Thank you, You are one of the few Junior fans that have taken their one-way glasses off. If I had a dollar for everytime ive heard "oh, its the equipment" or "oh, its the crew chief" I'd probably be close to a millionaire. There is nothing wrong with being a mediocre driver, I'm just tired of hearing that hes among the best in Nascar. Is he good enough to drive in the cup series? Absolutly... but hes not going to be a championship contender.

griff141
11-08-2009, 11:47 AM
Thank you, You are one of the few Junior fans that have taken their one-way glasses off. If I had a dollar for everytime ive heard "oh, its the equipment" or "oh, its the crew chief" I'd probably be close to a millionaire. There is nothing wrong with being a mediocre driver, I'm just tired of hearing that hes among the best in Nascar. Is he good enough to drive in the cup series? Absolutly... but hes not going to be a championship contender.

My biggest qualm with Junior is that he seems to be more concerned with being a celebrity than being a race car driver. I come from the old school days of NASCAR. My father grew up watching Richard Petty, Donnie Allison, Cale Yarborough, Darrell Waltrip and I got into NASCAR pre-Jeff Gordon. I remember watching guys like Dale Earnhardt, Rusty Wallace, Mark Martin, Dale Jarrett, Bill Elliot, Harry Gant, Davey Allison, Alan Kulwicki, and none of those guys were concerned with being "A List" celebrities. We don't see guys like Tony Stewart or Carl Edwards on MTV Cribs or hosting movie awards or any crap like that.

MarkieMark48
11-08-2009, 03:48 PM
My biggest qualm with Junior is that he seems to be more concerned with being a celebrity than being a race car driver. I come from the old school days of NASCAR. My father grew up watching Richard Petty, Donnie Allison, Cale Yarborough, Darrell Waltrip and I got into NASCAR pre-Jeff Gordon. I remember watching guys like Dale Earnhardt, Rusty Wallace, Mark Martin, Dale Jarrett, Bill Elliot, Harry Gant, Davey Allison, Alan Kulwicki, and none of those guys were concerned with being "A List" celebrities. We don't see guys like Tony Stewart or Carl Edwards on MTV Cribs or hosting movie awards or any crap like that.

Agreed 100%

bahama0811
11-08-2009, 03:50 PM
That would be the best thing Dale Jr. has done in years.

redsox12
11-08-2009, 10:22 PM

Jr cares about winning, we wanted to run DEI but Tersea did not want to lost control, he went to hendrick because he thought it would help him win. I think Jeff Gordon is the celebrity of the group.

Denny Hamlin, Kevin Harvick, Casey Mears, Mark Martin, Kyle Busch have all appered on Cribs.

griff141
11-09-2009, 12:58 AM
Jr cares about winning, we wanted to run DEI but Tersea did not want to lost control, he went to hendrick because he thought it would help him win. I think Jeff Gordon is the celebrity of the group.

Denny Hamlin, Kevin Harvick, Casey Mears, Mark Martin, Kyle Busch have all appered on Cribs.

Sometimes it doesn't seem like it. He's had some strong runs late in the season and has had some things not go his way but he's not living up to his potential. He has all the talent in the world but it just doesn't happen for him on the track.

redsox12
11-09-2009, 12:16 PM
Yeah, he hasn't done the best but I think he cares. Thats why he's running JR Motorsports.

Getting back on topic. I watched Wind Tunnel last night and Dave Despain made a great point, will Danica be a great driver, who knows, but will she help NASCAR overall bring in a lot of new fans, yes.

Imagine Nationwide races, scoring higher ratings than the Sprint Cup.

TragicallyHip
11-09-2009, 04:23 PM
Too bad she wasn't close to a deal with Playboy.