PDA

View Full Version : Sam Smith: "LeBron will be a Laker in 2010"

RaysFan
11-04-2009, 05:01 PM
http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/smith_091102.html

It makes sense and I have been saying this from the start...if he goes somewhere else, it will be with the Lakers. He could force Cleveland's hand and it would be a sign and trade where Andrew Bynum, filler, and some 1st round picks go to Cleveland.

Gibby23
11-04-2009, 05:02 PM
Won't happen.

SteveNash
11-04-2009, 05:05 PM
Won't happen.

Toxeryll
11-04-2009, 05:05 PM
lol this is crazy

bigsams50
11-04-2009, 05:06 PM
No chance.

RaysFan
11-04-2009, 05:06 PM
1. Cleveland
2. Lakers
3. Nets
4. Everyone Else

That is how I think it goes. I think LeBron would have no problem playing on a LOADED Laker team and winning title after title and then becoming the #1 attraction in an amazing city and for the NBA's #1 franchise.

There is no way he goes to the Knicks. They are horrible and he has openly mocked D'Antoni's style of basketball.

Raps08-09 Champ
11-04-2009, 05:07 PM
Lol.

There is a thing called salary cap.

Even with a sign and trade, I can get way more than Bynum and filler.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-04-2009, 05:08 PM
:drool:

RaysFan
11-04-2009, 05:09 PM
Lol.

No you can't because LeBron controls ALLLLL the cards. Bynum and picks would easily be the best package the Cavs could get under the circumstances.

pebloemer
11-04-2009, 05:11 PM
No you can't because LeBron controls ALLLLL the cards. Bynum and picks would easily be the best package the Cavs could get under the circumstances.

Because other teams aren't as interested in LeBron's services to offer more?

commonsense12
11-04-2009, 05:11 PM
Why would he want to share the town with Kobe, makes zero sense, not happening.

Gibby23
11-04-2009, 05:12 PM
We (The Lakers) will also get Wade in a sign and trade for Mbenga.

29$JerZ
11-04-2009, 05:13 PM
1. Cleveland
2. Lakers
3. Nets
4. Everyone Else

That is how I think it goes. I think LeBron would have no problem playing on a LOADED Laker team and winning title after title and then becoming the #1 attraction in an amazing city and for the NBA's #1 franchise.

There is no way he goes to the Knicks. They are horrible and he has openly mocked D'Antoni's style of basketball.

Yeah because you know where he is going right?:eyebrow:

And LeBron has said he loves the system, he criticizes the players who don't commit to defense and the majority of them won't be here in 2010.

LeBron has a better chance staying Cleveland and still being the man their than going to LA and being in Kobe's shadow.

Double_R
11-04-2009, 05:14 PM
That guy is insane... Lebron and Kobe are to big for 1 place... enough said

Gibby23
11-04-2009, 05:14 PM

No, he is saying Lebron could be a ***** about it and say trade me for the lakers and get some players back like bynum and filler or he (Lebron) can just leave without the Cavs getting any players back. The thing is, i don't think Lebron is that Kind of guy. It wouldn't be good for the NBA.

29$JerZ
11-04-2009, 05:15 PM

Bynum and what will be a few 30th selections in a draft is what Cleveland will get and that's the best they can get?

Seriouslly?

MikefromMars
11-04-2009, 05:15 PM
Spurs

Slimsim
11-04-2009, 05:16 PM
1. Cleveland
2. Lakers
3. Nets
4. Everyone Else

Think again the knicks use to be horrible and beside why the hell would he want to win a ring in LA if his biggest rival is Kobe hes not ron artest

Double_R
11-04-2009, 05:17 PM
There is no way he goes to the Knicks. They are horrible and he has openly mocked D'Antoni's style of basketball.[/QUOTE]

Lebron would love to play for D'Antoni's team, then he could win MVP every year and probably average a triple double... He lives for the personal achievements

Gibby23
11-04-2009, 05:19 PM
Lebron would love to play for D'Antoni's team, then he could win MVP every year and probably average a triple double... He lives for the personal achievements

He could be MVP every year without the Knicks and that system.

GodsSon
11-04-2009, 05:20 PM
Bynum and what will be a few 30th selections in a draft is what Cleveland will get and that's the best they can get?

Seriouslly?

+1...unless the Lakers offer up Kobe for Lebron, then a deal with the Lakers isnt happening.

JordansBulls
11-04-2009, 05:20 PM
He may go to Cali, but it will be to the Clippers or even Kings.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-04-2009, 05:21 PM
We (The Lakers) will also get Wade in a sign and trade for Mbenga.

I'd prefer Mark Blount

Imagine Mark Blount+Kobe Bryant

That equals like 10 championships in a row

lvlheaded
11-04-2009, 05:23 PM
If lebron leaves cleveland, and thats a very big IF, he will go to either New Jersey or New York, they are gonna put the mos t money on the table and if he were to come in and win either of them a championship hed solidify himself as a basketball god. Especially the knicks

29$JerZ
11-04-2009, 05:24 PM
He may go to LA, but it will be to the Clippers or even Kings.

x2

If he want's an up and coming team to be the leader of its either NJ,NY or The Clippers.

Devin/Courtney/LeBron/???(Money in 2010)/Brook

In the East that's a top 4 team at least.

Toney/Wilson/LeBron/Danilo/Lee
Enough money to sign an all-star at the least

Not bad, depends on if he wants to make NY on his resume work.

Baron/Gordon/LeBron/Griffen/Kaman

Loads of talent there, past injuries of the team and bad luck might be a problem thought but he and Griffen can change that.

Don't see how he goes to LA with Kobe still there. If anything challening Kobe to be the Top Dog in LA seems mor likely.

RaysFan
11-04-2009, 05:24 PM

But then you get to a point where...

1. The city/franchise wouldn't be where LeBron wants to go

2. You are gutting your current team for LeBron--so why should LeBron want to go there?

The Lakers are in a situation where they can offer a good young big and still keep a LOADED roster.

Hellcrooner
11-04-2009, 05:25 PM
yeah but it will probably cost lakers artest and PAU.

DCB/LAL
11-04-2009, 05:26 PM
It is a possibility but.....Long shot if Bynum was to make the All-star team this year why wouldn't Cleveland want him?? A young up and coming center in return instead of nothing who else could they get in return that would be better than Andrew Bynum and maybe they could even use Farmar or Artest or Odom who knows but it is possible...

That being said NO it wont happen.

ko8e24
11-04-2009, 05:27 PM
I'd prefer Mark Blount

I think we have a good chance to acquire him. I mean, we did get Pau from Memphis a couple of months after Jerry West left the Grizzlies front office (but was still buddies with the Grizz Owner and Chris Wallace to pull that trade for Kwame). Kurt is Minny's head coach, former Laker assistant coach, so maybe he can assist us by convincing David Kahn to accept Odom+Artest+Bynum+ fillers for Blount.

camador22
11-04-2009, 05:29 PM
Lebron does not hold all the cards here. Clevelands all in with Lebron its either sign him or lose him. Why would Cleveland want to accomidate Lebron if he wants to leave town. They will use his money and persue someone like Bosh and add someone else to join a superstar with the money left by Shaq and LBJ. Its more realistic to say he may join the Clippers. When have you ever seen a franchise player get a sign and trade. Teams will just use the money on someone else.

Thatruth32
11-04-2009, 05:31 PM
:facepalm:

DCB/LAL
11-04-2009, 05:33 PM
I bet no one thought LA would get Gasol for what they gave for him this is LA and LA always seems to get LUCKY(the Lakers at least) dont you agree??

JordansBulls
11-04-2009, 05:34 PM
I see no reason why Lebron would join a guy who has won rings already. It would have been like Shaq going to the Bulls in the mid 90's to play with MJ when Shaq himself was in his prime.

So that is not practical for someone that is at worst a top 3 player in the league. I could see him teamming up with guys like Bosh or Amare, but not anyone who is his same tier level.

nickster16301
11-04-2009, 05:37 PM
kobe will not allow this to happen...he ran shaq out of town...what makes you think he would want lebron coming in here and stealing his spotlight

TheKing23
11-04-2009, 05:45 PM
Haha, Kobe would throw tantrum... He loves being the darling of LA, and if LeBron came he'd lose that.

ZebraCity916
11-04-2009, 05:46 PM
This ain't gonna happen. The Lakers are lucky but not that lucky.

aussiepiston
11-04-2009, 05:50 PM
Kobe vetoes it, he doesn't wanna risk being upstaged (even though it is later in his career)

WITZ
11-04-2009, 05:55 PM
It would be funny how much of a 180 most laker fans would do If lebron was with them......that said not gonna happen I doubt they even have cap room.

Chronz
11-04-2009, 05:55 PM
Aside from the Bron to LA angle I found his what if scenario interesting but hes a moron if he believes this;

Bryant could ease into a brilliant supporting role while the Lakers continue winning titles, and, in the end, like base hits, they count how many. Not how you got them.

So GP's ring at the end of the road as a Heat is as telling as it would be if he won it in his prime? Ridiculous, this guy is a joke of an analyst

TheKing23
11-04-2009, 05:58 PM
Kobe vetoes it, he doesn't wanna risk being upstaged (even though it is later in his career)

Kobe can only veto trades that he is involved in.

OC Knights #11
11-04-2009, 05:58 PM
he would have to take a **** load of less money and incentives. but anything is possible.

DCB/LAL
11-04-2009, 06:00 PM
It would be funny how much of a 180 most laker fans would do If lebron was with them......that said not gonna happen I doubt they even have cap room.

I thought sign and trades worked for those kind of things??

DCB/LAL
11-04-2009, 06:02 PM
Aside from the Bron to LA angle I found his what if scenario interesting but hes a moron if he believes this;

Bryant could ease into a brilliant supporting role while the Lakers continue winning titles, and, in the end, like base hits, they count how many. Not how you got them.

So GP's ring at the end of the road as a Heat is as telling as it would be if he won it in his prime? Ridiculous, this guy is a joke of an analyst

Agreed with the point your trying to make but with as many Rings as Kobe has its not about how he's won them he has already shown he can win as the main guy so all that would matter is how many he has but thats may be just my opinion. :shrug:

RaiderLakersA's
11-04-2009, 06:03 PM
This ain't gonna happen. The Lakers are lucky but not that lucky.

Luck is the residue of design. You don't win as many championships as the Lakers have in the more or less modern era and dismiss that as "luck."

The_Mac22
noooo

championships
I seen this story on yahoo sports also. I find it strange that this story is picking up with other sources. The rest of the league better pray this has no chance of happening.

championships
11-04-2009, 06:06 PM
How funny would it be that the King could be the heir to Kobe

SchyGuy11
11-04-2009, 06:07 PM
Won't happen.

This.

Hellcrooner
11-04-2009, 06:15 PM
kobe has already won as the first option.

unless he is stupid he woudl accept lebon.

i mean

do you ever think about lakers showtime and think, j kareem was the man to magic was the man?

no you just count they won 5 titles in 8 finals.

and dont forget obes goal is to surpass MJ.

thats 3 more rings to be won.

Lebron specially if they trade bynum and not pau prettymuch ensures that 3 rings for him and maybe if koeb plays long eough it may ensure him

a BILL RUSSELL chase

RaiderLakersA's
11-04-2009, 06:24 PM
kobe will not allow this to happen...he ran shaq out of town...what makes you think he would want lebron coming in here and stealing his spotlight

Enough talk about Kobe running Shaq out of LA. Shaq chose his path. He could have signed for less and stayed. He could have also accepted the role as prescribed by his coach -- a multi-championship winning coach at that -- and transformed his game into something that bolstered Kobe's rising talents. Great centers do that. Dominant centers do that. Team players of every sort do that. Not Shaq. He had to go. (Only to be shown no other alternative in Miami. How ironic.)

Would Kobe be willing to take a step back? Let's think about that.

Given a trade, the first year with LeBron would be one of master and apprentice. Kobe would likely help integrate LeBron into the system. Once confidence and synergy was developed, Kobe would marvel at the flow, conserving his energy and picking his spots to help the team through difficult points in a game, if any.

The second year with LeBron would be the season of the twin masters. Kobe's skills would start to show noticable decline, but LeBron would make up for any shortfalls. Given Kobe's floor generalship, jump shot and fade away, other teams would still be hard-pressed to pick their poison against the Lakers.

By the third season, one master ascends, while the other transcends. LeBron flourishes, taking up the role as the master to his apprentices, while Kobe is exalted and immortalized at the altar of basketball deism. Like Magic and Kareem many years before them, there is no longer any lingering doubt about the product of their labor. The titles speak for themselves.

It COULD work. But it'll never happen.

DCB/LAL
11-04-2009, 06:32 PM
Kobe could take a role similiar to that on TEAM USA later in his career if he were to be given Lebron and would only allow him to play later into his career as well.

PHX2daDEATH
11-04-2009, 06:39 PM
Not happening.. even if LeBron wanted to go to L.A. do you think Stern would allow it.. not pubicly but behind the scenes.. the Eastern Conference has been garbage compared to the west since Jordan retired. (minus 03 Pistons ) In a few years you only have Orlando Detroit and Chicago as contenders and who wants to watch a finals where Kobe and Le'Bron go 16-0 in the playoffs? It aint happening. The league needs LeBron in the east whether it be Cleveland, New Jersey or New York

PurpleJesus
11-04-2009, 06:39 PM
that would be nuts...you would need a steve nash type PG though to ensure both get their fare amount of shots...the Lakers would also get their next superstar as Kobe is getting up there in age

jim51990
11-04-2009, 06:40 PM
will never happen i will play for the lakers befor bron does

mjt20mik
11-04-2009, 06:42 PM
Mjt20mik says, "Lebron will be a Raptor in 2010"

Seriously, let just wait till the season is over before we listen to these stories.

sep11ie
11-04-2009, 06:46 PM
Pretty sure he means MIKE JAMES

sep11ie
11-04-2009, 06:46 PM
I'd prefer Mark Blount

I think he means Mike James too

futureman
11-04-2009, 06:47 PM
Time to take the old horse (Kobe) out back and shoot it.

MDfootball36
11-04-2009, 06:47 PM
him and kobe, that would be crazy

celtscrushlaker
11-04-2009, 06:52 PM
you laker fans will be trading for him i am positive after the celts sweep you this year in the finals you will need all the help you can get

DCB/LAL
11-04-2009, 06:52 PM
Time to take the old horse (Kobe) out back and shoot it.

Man I feel for ya

Dont wanna get a ban so gotta retract what I said lol

Wisdom Listens
11-04-2009, 06:55 PM
If that happens I will immediately put all the money I have down on the Lakers to win it all that year, because there is no way they won't. All the games leading up to the Finals would be merely a formality.

Verbal Christ
11-04-2009, 06:57 PM
this coming from the guy who said artest was a huge upgrade over ariza, and that arize had to have a star to be useful. yea smith's credibility is about as good as getting sloppy seconds.

soundjunkies2
11-04-2009, 06:59 PM
Never going to happen but if it did :drool:

FachoinaNYY
11-04-2009, 07:12 PM
why sign and trade? Lebron coiuld sign for the league minimum and supplement it missing salary with his nike contract... then the lakers could keep Bynum and get lebron

lavell12
11-04-2009, 07:17 PM
Makes sense for LeBron b/c that way he would be able to rid Kobe's coat tails to an NBA Championship. The same way he did to the Olympic Gold.

celtscrushlaker
11-04-2009, 07:27 PM
:drool:

70 wins are you crazy worry about beating dallas first not to mention you beat the thunder in overtime if you count last years record and this years record yeah you might win 70 games go celts:clap:

JayAllDay
11-04-2009, 07:31 PM
LeBron is not going to the Nets I'll tell you that much. He's gonna end up playing in Newark, not New York if he goes to the Nets.

Lakers might make sense, but I still think the Knicks have a better chance than the Nets.

asandhu23
11-04-2009, 07:35 PM
If LeBron ends up a Laker, I will quit watching this sport because it will become very obvious that NBA is rigged

TheKing23
11-04-2009, 07:42 PM
Makes sense for LeBron b/c that way he would be able to rid Kobe's coat tails to an NBA Championship. The same way he did to the Olympic Gold.

The best player at the Olympics was Dwyane Wade and nobody rode anybody's coat tails. Every single player took a smaller role on that team to succeed.

5+7=DYNASTY!!!
11-04-2009, 07:42 PM
OR,

Kobe can opt out and they both go to the Knicks.

ragee
11-04-2009, 07:45 PM
Just wasted 5 mins of my time, reading this stupid article... :mad:

Chronz
11-04-2009, 07:49 PM
If LeBron ends up a Laker, I will quit watching this sport because it will become very obvious that NBA is rigged

Could you do us all a favor and stop posting as well. Seriously Bron makes a decision on his own, and somehow its the leagues fault? How does that make any sense, or are you under the age of 10? If so dont worry about responding, Ill take your silence any day of the week.

Raidaz4Life
11-04-2009, 07:51 PM
I think just the fact that we are talking about this is ridiculous

MAGICCRUSHcavs
11-04-2009, 07:52 PM
He should leave because in the eastern conference we play defense.Go out west and get yo numbers like K.G. said.Besides he wont get past the Celtics or Magic its a team game.

TheMicrowave
11-04-2009, 07:57 PM
Unlikely.

I think it would tarnish both of there careers (KB24 and LBJ23). LeBron would look desperate to win a title by joining Kobe. Kobe and LeBron would get wins and rings, but it is like WTF?

It is kind of like the Celtics. Let's put 3 of the top 15 guys in basketball on the same team. Instead though, let's put the 2 best players in the NBA on the same team.

astrosmaniac
11-04-2009, 08:36 PM
No, he is saying Lebron could be a ***** about it and say trade me for the lakers and get some players back like bynum and filler or he (Lebron) can just leave without the Cavs getting any players back. The thing is, i don't think Lebron is that Kind of guy. It wouldn't be good for the NBA.

i think Cleveland would let him leave rather than trade him cause hes the home town hero. plus if he left in FA he couldnt go to the lakers, which i think the cavs would love if he was going to leave one way or another

smith&wesson
11-04-2009, 08:45 PM
wow. kobe has 4 rings now.
if lebron joins him how many would he end up with ? and if he suprasses 6 rings, will he then be considered the greatest of all time ?

kyubi256
11-04-2009, 08:46 PM
Will NOT happen... I doubt there'd be a sign and trade for Lebron because the Cavs will give anything and everything to keep him. So either he signs with another team, or resigns with the Cavs

sofargone
11-04-2009, 08:47 PM
this is ********

Toenail Clipper
11-04-2009, 08:56 PM
Kobe's and LeBron's contracts should be about 18 mil each, although underpaid, they would be winning championships

_KB24_
11-04-2009, 09:18 PM
^^. I would love to make a tenth of what they would make when "underpaid".

Ripper Gein
11-04-2009, 09:49 PM
This article made my day LAKERS=GOAT!

asmarks18
11-04-2009, 09:53 PM
Mavs could offer Josh Howard or Terry plus Dampier and a 1st round pick. Dampier has a 1 million dollar buy out on his contract for next offseason which makes the Mavs a team to watch out for when free agency starts. Assuming a team would be willing to do a sign and trade with us. I think Bron stays in Cleveland but if they were going to do a sign and trade they could get a lot more than just Bynum.

Jaji
11-05-2009, 12:45 AM
I don't think a lot of you guys know what a "sign and trade deal" is. It has nothing to do with value, it has to do with getting something instead of nothing. LeBron is a FA next year and can sign anywhere he wants, leaving Cleveland with no compensation. A sign and trade is good for LeBron b/c he can sign for the maximum with Cleveland (who can offer him the most $) and still play where he wants. Its good for Cleveland b/c they get something in return instead of just watching him walk. If LeBron wanted to sign w/ the Lakers, he could work out a sign and trade deal where it would be understood at the time he puts his signature on the contract that he will be traded to LA (or whatever his team of choice is). Sign and trades usually involve less talented players but the team is willing to take a 12th man, developmental type instead of nothing. So there will be no Kobe for LeBron trades. More like LeBron for 3 scrubs at the the end of the bench.

Raph12
11-05-2009, 02:59 AM
Not gonna happen, yes he could force their hand, but he won't. If he does do something like that, he should go to Orlando, he and Dwight would dominate anything any team could throw at them for years to come.

abe_froman
11-05-2009, 03:10 AM
sam smith has to be taken with a grain of salt(maybe less)

shep33
11-05-2009, 03:11 AM
Haha, if this happend the Lakers would be the first team to win 80 games... but it won't... no chance... only way LBJ is in LA is if he's playin for the Clips... and they'd be awesome if they got him.

Baron
Gordon
Bron
Griffen
Kaman

Just for fun look at the lakers lineup

Fish
Kobe
Bron
Pau
Bynum
or...

Fish
Kobe
Artest
Bron
Pau

heck... why not

Kobe
Artest
Bron
Pau
Bynum

Disgusting...

But I think he'll go to the Knicks.

AI4MVP
11-05-2009, 03:13 AM
i heard something like LeBron for Bynum, Artest, and Odom. dont think itd work financially, but if bynum keeps getting better, and with the cavs terrble center situation after this year (z retiring and shaq off the books and who knows what), bynum could be what they need.

Then you get Artest to play the 3 in LeBron's absense, and Odom to play the four

Mo Williams
Jamario Moon
Ron Artest
Lamar Odom
Andrew Bynum

that team would make the playoffs in the east.

but i dont even know if that trade would work financially, and even if it would...

i dont think theres any chance that this trade happens, especially since sam smith is as reliable as ...

i actually dont have a comparison. the dude is just ********

ko8e24
11-05-2009, 03:16 AM
chipoootle

shep33
11-05-2009, 03:25 AM
i heard something like LeBron for Bynum, Artest, and Odom. dont think itd work financially, but if bynum keeps getting better, and with the cavs terrble center situation after this year (z retiring and shaq off the books and who knows what), bynum could be what they need.

Then you get Artest to play the 3 in LeBron's absense, and Odom to play the four

Mo Williams
Jamario Moon
Ron Artest
Lamar Odom
Andrew Bynum

that team would make the playoffs in the east.

but i dont even know if that trade would work financially, and even if it would...

i dont think theres any chance that this trade happens, especially since sam smith is as reliable as ...

i actually dont have a comparison. the dude is just ********

Meh... don't know I'd actually do it if I were the lakers. I mean yes lebron is great, but i mean your basically trading 3 of your best players, leaving you with no 6th man, and no bigs.

Lineup

Shannon Brown
Kobe
Bron
Mbenga
Pau

... obviously this wouldn't work because Mbenga would demand the ball in crunch time

Raph12
11-05-2009, 03:27 AM
Haha, if this happend the Lakers would be the first team to win 80 games... but it won't... no chance... only way LBJ is in LA is if he's playin for the Clips... and they'd be awesome if they got him.

Baron
Gordon
Bron
Griffen
Kaman

Just for fun look at the lakers lineup

Fish
Kobe
Bron
Pau
Bynum
or...

Fish
Kobe
Artest
Bron
Pau

heck... why not

Kobe
Artest
Bron
Pau
Bynum

Disgusting...

But I think he'll go to the Knicks.

Where the hell is Odom on the Lakers lineup? chances are Cleveland would want Bynum and a couple of scrubs/draft picks for King James... therefore the lineup would probably look like this:

PG - Fisher
SG - Kobe
SF - Lebron
PF - Odom
C - Gasol
6th - Artest

shep33
11-05-2009, 03:32 AM
Where the hell is Odom on the Lakers lineup? chances are Cleveland would want Bynum and a couple of scrubs/draft picks for King James... therefore the lineup would probably look like this:

PG - Fisher
SG - Kobe
SF - Lebron
PF - Odom
C - Gasol
6th - Artest

I'd rather have Odom off the bench. Haha either way it won't happen, plus I guess the Cavs would want Bynum and Artest... or Bynum and Odom plus 2 picks. Or Mbenga straight up... but thats pushing it for the Lakers.

Raph12
11-05-2009, 03:52 AM
I'd rather have Odom off the bench. Haha either way it won't happen, plus I guess the Cavs would want Bynum and Artest... or Bynum and Odom plus 2 picks. Or Mbenga straight up... but thats pushing it for the Lakers.

Mbenga is untouchable... he is up there with Vujachic and Morrison on the Top 3 untouchable Lakers list.

dee279
11-05-2009, 04:01 AM
LOL. KOBE and Lebron? haha. Maybe Wade and Lebron. NO chance of Lebron going to the Lakers.

TheEvilEmpire
11-05-2009, 04:08 AM
This has gotta be the funniest post ever..

Lebron isnt going to LA unless LA kicks Kobe Bean to the Curb.

Lebron isnt going to want to play with Kobe Bean.

And everyone knows the Maturity level of Kobe Bean..

He's not about to share HIS TEAM with Lebron..

Try again.

He's going to either stay in C-Town or he's going to the East Coast.

stawka
11-05-2009, 04:14 AM
LMAO @ this.

Lakerfrk
11-05-2009, 04:18 AM
Lol.

Though I think there is NO way this would happen... the Cavs would probably rather sign and trade Lebron for Bynum +, rather than let him walk for nothing.. (but it wont happen)

(like seriously... it wont happen)

Evolution23
11-05-2009, 06:23 AM
Hes going to NY its plain and simple..hes not going to LA theres too many fake people out there.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-05-2009, 06:33 AM
70 wins are you crazy worry about beating dallas first not to mention you beat the thunder in overtime if you count last years record and this years record yeah you might win 70 games go celts:clap:

Your celts almost lost to Minnesota, how pathetic is that!
We only lost to the dallas you monkey!

Statik1
11-05-2009, 06:40 AM
Drum roll please! ........

Your 2009 most uneducated PSD post of the year goes to..........

Evolution23

Hes going to NY its plain and simple..hes not going to LA theres too many fake people out there.

I was born and raised on the West coast now I live on the East coast....

People are they same anywhere you go (well maybe not Texas but that's a whole different story).

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-05-2009, 06:48 AM

Why the bloody hell he wants to go to the Knicks???:confused::confused:

That team is a mess!
D' Antony's siystem is simple - jacking up 50 3 pointers per game

Lebron can't win **** in there!

SO, I SAY IT AGAIN:WHY THE HELL HE WANTS TO GO TO THE KNICKS!

Lindystud36
11-05-2009, 08:32 AM
Lebron will be a NET
SO will chris bosh
Devin at the point brook at the center, bosh at pf, lebron at sf, and lee at shooting guard top 3 team.

Also Jay-Z is part of the nets, he is a freemason, enough said

IndiansFan337
11-05-2009, 09:09 AM
http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/smith_091102.html

It makes sense and I have been saying this from the start...if he goes somewhere else, it will be with the Lakers. He could force Cleveland's hand and it would be a sign and trade where Andrew Bynum, filler, and some 1st round picks go to Cleveland.

There's no chance of this happening....

madiaz3
11-05-2009, 09:26 AM
Why the bloody hell he wants to go to the Knicks???:confused::confused:

That team is a mess!
D' Antony's siystem is simple - jacking up 50 3 pointers per game

Lebron can't win **** in there!

SO, I SAY IT AGAIN:WHY THE HELL HE WANTS TO GO TO THE KNICKS!

Lee and Gallinari alone compliment Lebron better than 99% of the Cavs... (one of the best three point shooters in the league and one of the best finishers and cleanup men in the league.)

todu82
11-05-2009, 09:51 AM
There's no way that Lebron will be a Laker in 2010.

faridk89
11-05-2009, 10:28 AM
Why would he want to share the town with Kobe, makes zero sense, not happening.

the sense here is that they would win 5 championships in a row....

JayW_1023
11-05-2009, 11:39 AM
If that happens, the Lakers are officially the Yankees of the NBA.

Raph12
11-05-2009, 11:49 AM
the sense here is that they would win 5 championships in a row....

No they wouldn't, Kobe will be too old to impact the game that way, especially with Lebron coming in and taking over.

No one has even mentioned Gasol or Odom, how would they feel about not getting as many shots/touches?

Da Knicks
11-05-2009, 12:42 PM
I never thought Pau would go to the Lakers for Kwame and it happened, never thought Odom would stay in L.A. it happened. Phil Jackson coming back to coach the lakers farfetched when shaq left he came back. Lebron going to the Lakers and the Cavs getting something out of it very possible which sucks.

b_rad23
11-05-2009, 01:12 PM
Yeah....no.

G-Funk
11-05-2009, 02:12 PM
I prefer Wade on the Lakers

Wade
Kobe
Artest
Odom
PAu

lol then I wake up

Hellcrooner
11-05-2009, 02:17 PM
No they wouldn't, Kobe will be too old to impact the game that way, especially with Lebron coming in and taking over.

No one has even mentioned Gasol or Odom, how would they feel about not getting as many shots/touches?

gasol is about team and wins.

if he was to maon he woudl moan aready about the diference of touches with kobe and abotu odom and bynum receiving too many.

and he woudl have *****ed in memphis because he was the franchise player that shot less in the whole league.

if they land lebron he will be hapy doing his 15 and 10 and winning rings

Super.
11-05-2009, 02:20 PM

LeBrons ether staying in Cleveland or going for the money ( IE the Nets or Knicks)

NBA-GMaster
11-05-2009, 02:38 PM
No!!

celtscrushlaker
11-05-2009, 02:45 PM
Your celts almost lost to Minnesota, how pathetic is that!
We only lost to the dallas you monkey!

idiot every team in the nba has a bad game its how you finish we won still undefeated unlike your lakers at least we dont have to go into overtime against every weak team in the west no to mention minnesota has a very good young team

nipo10847
11-05-2009, 02:49 PM
Sam Smith is a DB and an *******!!...Lebron has a lot better chance of going to miami if he needs to get early rings and build up a dynasty for next 7/8 yrs (that only if he wants out of Cleveland)...My point is he ain't going anywhere. He is an Ohio product and he wont want to be hated forever in his home town. He wont about money because endorsements will follow him where ever he goes because he name is LEBRON "the king" JAMES. PERIOD.

Method28
11-05-2009, 03:19 PM
Anyway the Lakers can swing a three team trade and get Chris Paul as well? lol

Method28
11-05-2009, 03:20 PM
Although seeing him on the Clips with the talent they have could be GREAT drama for the NBA...Lebron vs. Kobe in the same city...this town would go nuts

Lizard King
11-05-2009, 03:55 PM
In other news, Michael Jordan has decided to make a comeback to play point guard for the Los Angeles Lakers

PG-Michael Jordan
SG-Kobe Bryant
SF-LeBron James
PF-Who gives a ****
C-Who gives a ****

Bench
Who gives a ****
Who gives a ****
Who gives a ****
Who gives a ****
Who gives a ****
Who gives a ****

Head Coach:
Who gives a ****

AI4MVP
11-05-2009, 03:56 PM
i heard lebron for bynum, artest, and odom, and to be honest, if i was the lakers i wouldnt do that. not a chance athell id do that if i were tha lakers.

if cleveland can throw in maybe varejoa and the draft rights to christian eyenga then id do it if i were LA

but seriously, Bynum is playing like a future MVP candidate. Bynum, Artest, and Odom is way way to much to give up for just one player. LA would be ruining a good thing to much. I know LeBron is prolly the best player in the league, but the cavs would be doing this to just at l,east get something for lebron and not lose him for nothing

if the lakers were to trade one package to cleveland for JUST lebron, id do a pakcage that includes Andrew Bynum, Lamar Odom, Shannon Brown,2 future 1st round picks for LeBron James

thatll be fair for the cavs for sure, especially at the rate that andrew bynum is improving

thesparky33
11-05-2009, 04:32 PM
I've learned to take Sam Smith and his predictions very lightly.

But this is very possible, but I dont think it's likely going to happen.

Only way this happens is if Cleveland trades Lebron THIS SEASON, which would only happen if Lebron tells them to trade him this season to get something out of him.

Then the next step, would be that Lebron would have to give Cleveland a list of teams he will go to, and he will have final say on any trade, because no team will give up their future for a one year rental of Lebron, since he can just leave after the season, so that is his leverage, much like KG's leverage on the Wolves in the summer of 2007 (he had an opt out clause after the season).

So in that respect, Lebron could be moved to the Lakers for Bynum plus filler like Morrison and Farmar for example (plus draft picks), which would be a horrible trade for Cleveland, but they have no choice if they are going to lose Lebron. And then in the summer, the Lakers could sign Lebron to a max deal via bird rights. It's actually scary how realistic this scenario is, but I just dont know if Lebron wants to be painted as the villain, cuz he most definitely would if he forced the Cavaliers' hand like this, but at the same time, if he wants to leave for a winning team, a trade would be his best option, cuz teams with cap space arent going to contend unless they get another star.

Ansy
11-05-2009, 05:30 PM
This guy is a professional sports writer? He got paid actual money to write that article?

Jesus, this is not NBA 2k10 franchise mode. Get real. The Cavs would never hand a decade of championships to another team for Andrew Bynum and some late draft picks.

rhjr06
11-05-2009, 05:59 PM
a decade of championships huh?? aaaaa when is this gonna start??

thesparky33
11-05-2009, 06:03 PM
This guy is a professional sports writer? He got paid actual money to write that article?

Jesus, this is not NBA 2k10 franchise mode. Get real. The Cavs would never hand a decade of championships to another team for Andrew Bynum and some late draft picks.

If you dont understand why the Cavs would trade him, read my post above yours.

Basically, if Lebron told them that he was going to leave, and then said that he would like to be traded, they would have no choice but to trade him and get whatever they can get for him. Also, they could only trade him to a team that he would agree to, since that team also has to resign him at the end of the year, so no team will trade for him unless he wants to be there. There is a lot of factors that weigh into this. Cleveland is in a lose-lose situation if Lebron wants to leave.

But I am guessing that he'll stay in Cleveland.

John408
11-05-2009, 06:05 PM
That guy is insane... Lebron and Kobe are to big for 1 place... enough said

No they are not...Lebron would happily dish the ball all day....He'd be able to get like 20 assists a game..LOL....I'd start Lebron at Point as well. 10 points 20 assists per game..LOL.

Lebron
Kobe
Artest
Odom
Gasol

OMG, I would go nuts..LOL.....but to be a realist...this will never happen..You know what they say..never say never or it might really come true...please come true...

20R8ersfaN08
11-05-2009, 06:08 PM
no way!

nikefreek220
11-05-2009, 06:18 PM
This is starting to pick up speed, ESPN is reporting it now.

LayZbone
11-05-2009, 06:19 PM
I've learned to take Sam Smith and his predictions very lightly.

But this is very possible, but I dont think it's likely going to happen.

Only way this happens is if Cleveland trades Lebron THIS SEASON, which would only happen if Lebron tells them to trade him this season to get something out of him.

Then the next step, would be that Lebron would have to give Cleveland a list of teams he will go to, and he will have final say on any trade, because no team will give up their future for a one year rental of Lebron, since he can just leave after the season, so that is his leverage, much like KG's leverage on the Wolves in the summer of 2007 (he had an opt out clause after the season).

So in that respect, Lebron could be moved to the Lakers for Bynum plus filler like Morrison and Farmar for example (plus draft picks), which would be a horrible trade for Cleveland, but they have no choice if they are going to lose Lebron. And then in the summer, the Lakers could sign Lebron to a max deal via bird rights. It's actually scary how realistic this scenario is, but I just dont know if Lebron wants to be painted as the villain, cuz he most definitely would if he forced the Cavaliers' hand like this, but at the same time, if he wants to leave for a winning team, a trade would be his best option, cuz teams with cap space arent going to contend unless they get another star.

would you agree that Miami is a good option for him then? We do have that guy in a #3 jersey....and Miami has hella cap space after NY and NJ.

sp1derm00
11-05-2009, 06:20 PM
I doubt the Lakers get Lebron, but saying they're looking for a trade, I think the Lakers have the best source of talent available for trade for a player of Lebron's talent.

Bynum - LO - Morrison seems like a pretty fair trade to me considering LO's age as well as Bynum's talent when compared to Lebron's. Sure, the Lakers would be losing much of their frontcourt talent, but Lebron can play the PF very easily, as could Artest (against smaller lineups).

It's scary to think that the Lakers wouldn't even lose their best two players in the trade, and would obtain arguably the best or second best player in the league, to be paired with the OTHER best or second best player in the league... and the trade would be more fair than any other team would be able to offer.

sp1derm00
11-05-2009, 06:23 PM
No they are not...Lebron would happily dish the ball all day....He'd be able to get like 20 assists a game..LOL....I'd start Lebron at Point as well. 10 points 20 assists per game..LOL.

Lebron
Kobe
Artest
Odom
Gasol

OMG, I would go nuts..LOL.....but to be a realist...this will never happen..You know what they say..never say never or it might really come true...please come true...

I'm pretty sure that we'd have to give up at least Bynum and LO to even spark the interest of Cleveland's front office. Morrison would be the best bet at the extra player added in simply because he's a SF and was considered a good player once upon a time in high school... the potential included along with Odom and Bynum's talent would probably be the best package Cleveland would get from anyone.

nikefreek220
11-05-2009, 06:23 PM
If this trade were to happen its going to be Bynum+pick for LeBron...

Cavs are lucky to get Bynum, they have no say on this trade. LeBron being a Free Agent would choose where he goes. And chooses everything about the deal.

RAIKERS2421
11-05-2009, 06:26 PM
i been sayin this for the longest.... if artest doesnt show up .... even tho i know he will... we can trade a lot for lebron... plus lebron has his choice to go wherever he wants and the team is just gonna have to accept the best offer of the team that he wants to go to.... soo enough said....

plus lebron wouldnt wanna b in the Shadow of Kobe?

who wouldnt? wasnt the Redeem Team lookin up to kobe and thats way more talent under kobe's shadow than just lebron...

so could it work? Yes
will it happen? i dk..
Possibility? very possible
Will kobe be welcoming? yes, because he'll win enough for himself to be happy with doing it by himself on HIS team.. so then by the time lebron wants to come, kobe would welcome it...

unwantedplayer
11-05-2009, 06:26 PM
This will totally happen.

curtie74
11-05-2009, 06:39 PM
This wont happen becus it will mean lebron gave up becus he couldnt do what wade did so he joined the best team on paper 2 win im a spurs fan n this would totally **** the league up enuff said

koberulesall
11-05-2009, 06:42 PM
that would be insane remember jordan and pippen? this would be like jordan and jordan, if he does come to LA he will make so much noise and money....also if he does it would be official people have been saying it for a few years now but the lakers really would be the yankees of the NBA if this happens

xbrackattackx
11-05-2009, 07:05 PM
you laker fans will be trading for him i am positive after the celts sweep you this year in the finals you will need all the help you can get

Bet this guy thinks Rondo is better than Paul too.

Killa<>Don
11-05-2009, 07:07 PM
If you're about to read an article and see that Sam Smith wrote it just stop reading. He is the worst beat writer ever. I wish I could have all those mins of my life reading his hot garbage back.

Kobe24MVP
11-05-2009, 07:18 PM
This wont happen becus it will mean lebron gave up becus he couldnt do what wade did so he joined the best team on paper 2 win im a spurs fan n this would totally **** the league up enuff said

anyone know what this guys talking about?

Toenail Clipper
11-05-2009, 07:18 PM
Lakers should just trade Bynum + Farmar/Fisher + Round Pick

sp1derm00
11-05-2009, 07:39 PM
Lakers should just trade Bynum + Farmar/Fisher + Round Pick

I honestly doubt Cleveland would take a trade like that.

It would probably have to include Bynum and Odom and either Morrison or a pick.

They don't need Farmar, they've got West and Williams.

And either way, Bynum and Odom would probably be the fairest trade offer they'd get for Lebron.

kntresistheheat
11-05-2009, 07:47 PM
Sam smith is the worst person to listen to, he is the worst trust me!

Killa<>Don
11-05-2009, 07:51 PM
:clap:
Sam smith is the worst person to listen to, he is the worst trust me!:clap:

njnets825
11-05-2009, 08:03 PM
would NEVER happen because that means the cavs have to trade him during the season. if they're going give up lebron they at least want 1 more shot at a title. Shaq would just retire if lebron left that team

Wisdom Listens
11-05-2009, 08:24 PM
would NEVER happen because that means the cavs have to trade him during the season. if they're going give up lebron they at least want 1 more shot at a title. Shaq would just retire if lebron left that team

And forfeit the rest of his hefty contract? I don't think so.

Ansy
11-05-2009, 09:08 PM
If you dont understand why the Cavs would trade him, read my post above yours.

Basically, if Lebron told them that he was going to leave, and then said that he would like to be traded, they would have no choice but to trade him and get whatever they can get for him. Also, they could only trade him to a team that he would agree to, since that team also has to resign him at the end of the year, so no team will trade for him unless he wants to be there. There is a lot of factors that weigh into this. Cleveland is in a lose-lose situation if Lebron wants to leave.

But I am guessing that he'll stay in Cleveland.

It's not like you're bringing some sort of enlightenment that nobody else thought of. I fully accept that a sign-and-trade is possible for the reasons you stipulated (which have been said numerous times before). It won't be to the Lakers for Andrew Bynum.

celtisox41
11-05-2009, 09:14 PM
Bet this guy thinks Rondo is better than Paul too.

Rondo is a better passer, rebounder, and defensive player. its not all about scoring. there equal. and back on topic, lebron would NEVER go to the lakers. thats kobe's team. lebron needs his "supporting cast" he'd never go to a team where he is only second best. he doesnt care about championships, he only cares about HIS stats and HIS money. he is the most selfish player in the game and that is why kobe will always be better than him

Penetra8r
11-05-2009, 09:42 PM
Not a chance

Toenail Clipper
11-05-2009, 11:07 PM
Sam smith is the worst person to listen to, he is the worst trust me!

And you're better at writing articles? Then go ahead and write one about Dwyane Wade resigning with the Heat and LeBron coming over because of the team's salary cap. Give the guy a break. If you don't like his proposal, then say something like "it's impossible" instead of criticizing the person. At least he gets paid for what he writes, do you?

theimortalone
11-05-2009, 11:11 PM
You guys don't actually believe Sam Smith do you? Lebron won't go to LA. Sam Smith is so full of ****! As soon as I saw his name, I knew it was fake.

dodie53
11-06-2009, 01:18 AM
then the lakers will trade
odom for wade,
gasol for howard,
artest for melo,
bynum for bosh

thesparky33
11-06-2009, 01:28 AM
would you agree that Miami is a good option for him then? We do have that guy in a #3 jersey....and Miami has hella cap space after NY and NJ.

Heat wouldnt be a bad option. But who would also be on the squad besides Lebron, Wade, and Beasley? I know that's pretty darn good, but just when you compare it to being able to play with Kobe, Pau, Odom, and Artest, its tough to really compete against that.

It will be an interesting angle to see if the Cavs' early struggles (and even their loss tonight against Chicago) isnt a fluke and they have a bad season and even miss the playoffs. Man, is it gonna be a rollercoaster season!

DCB/LAL
11-06-2009, 01:45 AM
For everyone saying not Bynum and that they could get better please name who they could get than a 22 year old up and coming CENTER with unlimited potential??? Please name someone thats both YOUNG and has the Potential to be top 3 Center in this league that they could get? Dwight Howard? NO Magic would never trade him...D Wade?? No who else? Durant, Rose, CP3, D Will, Granger? An another thing is it would HAVE to be a TEAM Lebron would wanna go to as WELL LA might be one of those places where he can have a strong core around him and Cleveland would at least get something in Return in a potential All-Star Center.

Please name who else they could get?? And it has to be somewhere you think Lebron would wanna go.

blastmasta26
11-06-2009, 01:52 AM
LBJ will not be a Laker, not even close.

Statik1
11-06-2009, 03:41 AM
odom for wade,
gasol for howard,
artest for melo,
bynum for bosh

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Now that's what I'm talking about WOOO WOOO ALL ABOARD THE WIN BUS! ;)

RISE ABOVE
11-06-2009, 04:06 AM
As "unfair" as it seems it could happen. A lot would have to take place to make it work cap wise. Do you want to be the best player in the league or one of the best teams in the history of sports?

Ansy
11-06-2009, 04:16 AM
For everyone saying not Bynum and that they could get better please name who they could get than a 22 year old up and coming CENTER with unlimited potential???

Stop thinking basketball and start thinking money. If LeBron leaves, the value of the Cleveland Cavaliers will drop by almost $200-million, and their immediate need will be to fill seats by any means necessary. Bynum is not going to put a single butt into a seat. No fan in the entire city of cleveland is buying a ticket to see Bynum play, and he won't move jerseys either.

WadeCounty
11-06-2009, 04:36 AM
if that were to ever happen I demand a cp3 + wade combo

DCB/LAL
11-06-2009, 05:09 AM
Stop thinking basketball and start thinking money. If LeBron leaves, the value of the Cleveland Cavaliers will drop by almost $200-million, and their immediate need will be to fill seats by any means necessary. Bynum is not going to put a single butt into a seat. No fan in the entire city of cleveland is buying a ticket to see Bynum play, and he won't move jerseys either.

Yeah but heres the thing if Lebron were to force their hand(which he pretty much would have to for this insanely crazy idea to happen) EITHER they would take Bynum and accept the Sign and Trade and at least get a Potential All-Star or they could just lose Lebron for NOTHING so heres the thing.....

If you were Cleveland would you..

A.) Accept Lebrons demand and trade him for Bynum and other players maybe Odom or Artest

or

B.) Lose Lebron and get NOTHING in Exchange and having to start all over again hoping to get lucky in the Draft when you could of at least had a Potential All-Star Center to build around??

I mean for 1 at least the Cavs would be moving Lebron out of the Eastern Conference and to the West where they would only face him Twice. And they wouldn't face him in the Playoffs unless it was the Finals.

ko8e24
11-06-2009, 06:10 AM
y is thiz thread still opened? :confused:

Ansy
11-06-2009, 06:26 AM
Yeah but heres the thing if Lebron were to force their hand(which he pretty much would have to for this insanely crazy idea to happen) EITHER they would take Bynum and accept the Sign and Trade and at least get a Potential All-Star or they could just lose Lebron for NOTHING so heres the thing.....

If you were Cleveland would you..

A.) Accept Lebrons demand and trade him for Bynum and other players maybe Odom or Artest

or

B.) Lose Lebron and get NOTHING in Exchange and having to start all over again hoping to get lucky in the Draft when you could of at least had a Potential All-Star Center to build around??

I mean for 1 at least the Cavs would be moving Lebron out of the Eastern Conference and to the West where they would only face him Twice. And they wouldn't face him in the Playoffs unless it was the Finals.

You could apply that logic to literally any player in the league. Why not trade him for David Lee if he decides on New York? The reality is that LeBron doesn't hold all the chips here, and even if he put that ultimatum to Cleveland, they would let him walk for nothing before taking this trade.

The Cavaliers would be SHAMED for handing the Lakers 10 more championships. Their image would never recover. Not ever. Never. This trade would be talked about 20 years from now, and the Grizzlies' Pau trade would be forgotten entirely in the face of the media ****storm that Cleveland would see. There's no way the franchise would face that kind of ridicule and just for the luxury of having a big guy who may help them win a few more games. Not once in a million times. This fantasy is just too far fetched.

NZ_Lakers!
11-06-2009, 07:49 AM
Meh cant see Bron in LA, best option for Cleveland tho would be to get there hands on bynum. Realistically when Lebron gets his max contract and the salary cap goes down those other teams will have to mortgage themselves to get him, and he wont be any better off than now, therefore as expected cleveland is where he will say

TheWatcher34
11-06-2009, 09:18 AM
then kobe will end his career playing for the knicks...:D

tcav701
11-06-2009, 09:30 AM
LBJ will NEVER play anywhere he isnt the undisputed main man. So please set aside the theroies of him playing with Kobe or Wade or Melo....its never gonna happen bank on it.

Spencesc11
11-06-2009, 10:15 AM
Ray Allen comes off the books and he could play with Rondo, Pierce, and Garnett. He might have to take a pay cut but what about that starting 4 with Perkins???

mser58
11-06-2009, 10:54 AM
God I would love that so much, I would watch every single Lakers game and salivate uncontrollably.

Gfunk4Life
11-06-2009, 11:02 AM
Check it out...

http://i35.tinypic.com/r1g3yh.png

xbrackattackx
11-06-2009, 11:24 AM
Rondo is a better passer, rebounder, and defensive player. its not all about scoring. there equal. and back on topic, lebron would NEVER go to the lakers. thats kobe's team. lebron needs his "supporting cast" he'd never go to a team where he is only second best. he doesnt care about championships, he only cares about HIS stats and HIS money. he is the most selfish player in the game and that is why kobe will always be better than him

They are not even close to near equal.The Celtics would trade Rondo for Paul in a second. Only Celtics fan argue this, I'm a laker's fan and know that Paul is better. And Btw Rondo is not a better passer. Rebounder maybe.

And for the whole Kobe trade to work we would have to give Bynum, Odom, Morrison and Farmar and a pick prob. I mean that's not a bad trade Bynum and Odom can make the Cavs still be in the contenders race. But what if they trade Odom, Artest,Brown, and Farmar or something it doesn't have to be bynum. I kinda like our lakers the way they are without thinking about lebron, I would be happier with a PG beside Farmar for our future.

caseyv415
11-06-2009, 11:40 AM
only way this goes down with the salary cap n all is if they trade Kobe.. Still think its a great idea LA fans?

caseyv415
11-06-2009, 11:43 AM
odom for wade,
gasol for howard,
artest for melo,
bynum for bosh

:laugh: Who are you, Steinbrenner? :laugh:

tcav701
11-06-2009, 11:44 AM
How does every thread turn into a Rondo debate?

Ace33Bone
11-06-2009, 04:28 PM
LBJ will end up in cleveland next year just like i said before and have been saying for who knows how long... Sorry Lakers fans but dont hold your breathe on this because a lot of you are going to feel light headed when it come 2010

Lakerfrk
11-06-2009, 07:18 PM
Please.. I'm a Laker fan.. and no.. Lebron is NOT going to be a Laker...

Ripper Gein
11-06-2009, 09:42 PM

HAHAHA from a new yorker :rolleyes:

DR. Pepper
11-06-2009, 10:40 PM
dont be shocked if lebron and d wade meet up whether its in miami or NY
Lebron LOVES NYC
Dwade LOVES winning

but if lebron and dwade meet up im miami and miami actually gets boozer then
lebron+dwade+Boozer+o neal= lotsa titles
tht cud be the fantastic 4 which beats bostons big 3 and knocks off the lakers

theimortalone
11-07-2009, 01:33 AM
odom for wade,
gasol for howard,
artest for melo,
bynum for bosh

Dream Team!!!! :speechless:

lakersfan211
11-07-2009, 02:53 AM
we aint trading bynum but i do think bron needs to leave cleveland , he will never win their but if he goes to ny he wont win their either so a place i can see him land is maybe miami to play with wade , wouldnt that be something .

mser58
11-17-2009, 10:41 AM
Hey maybe LBJ could be a sixer? clear a little room getting rid of Sammy D, and somehow convince someone to take Elton Brand..... nvm

rapjuicer06
11-17-2009, 11:03 AM
he will go to NY and join bosh, or wade there. bron/bosh/lee or bron/wade/lee....either way that team can win a championship with ease

pf289
11-17-2009, 11:41 AM
That wouldnt work out at all. I cant see them being teammates. They both want the ball all the time, on top of that salary cap anyone?

Confusion
11-17-2009, 11:46 AM
Definitely won't happen.

mikantsass
11-17-2009, 11:51 AM
I heard they are getting Bosh and Wade too....

HoopsDrive
11-17-2009, 12:02 PM
Bet they get Timmy too so...

Wade
Bryant
LBJ
Bosh
Duncan

DYNASTY

mully
11-17-2009, 12:21 PM
I also heard that Bosh and Kidd would be willing to sign Mid level too. So the line up would be
PG-Kidd
SG-Bryant
F-Artest
F-James
C-Bosh
Odem coming off the bench

0nekhmer
11-17-2009, 01:12 PM
oh man.. this thread is ridiculous.
oh the once lebron hating laker fanboys are now welcoming him to play WITH a stacked team with Kobe.. I'd rather see Lebron go to a run and gun team like the suns or warriors

mlisica19
11-17-2009, 01:42 PM
Cavs are going to try and resign him with as much money as possible... From there the knicks will COunter Offer that with most likely MORE money. By then there will be no chance for a trade Lebron since hes a FA. Cleveland will not try to trade him unless Lebron states something showing that he is not interested anymore in his HOMETOWN. WHich wont happen. But lets say for some reason they dont make the finals (at least) and he has time to talk about his future (cuz if he was in the finals he would have no reaosn to talk about his future just yet) and states he doesnt wanan be a cav anymore. Then Cleveland will trade for him, but not for Andrew Bynum and a few draft picks. (good trade but a better one would be with ROn Artest as well). Thats very possible. But i dont see Lebron stating so early that he doesnt wanna be a cav anymore. since its his home town. Nets Knicks Lakers and Cavs along with others will throw some money his way and hell choose between the knicks and the cavs. and my guess is the cavs since the knicks are 1-9 as of now and why try to rebuild when he has a built team around him. Also He wont go to teh lakers cuz he wants his own name not shared with Kobe. And The NEts arent going to throw him as much money cuz there going for D-wade...

So conclusion-
1) Lebrons not going to the Lakers - He wont be traded cuz either hell be in the finals with them til the end or he will never be an ***** and state i dont wanna be here. He wants to have teams fight it out til the end of a bidding war. And the Lakers wont wanna throw all that money towards just one man when they already have Kobe. Plus Lebron wont wanna share his name in LA.
2) Lebron wont be a knick- Yes more money but not as much good fame. Lebron wont save the knicks... One man cannot save this team from going 1-9 into a playoff team. and if a playoff team not a championship one. No matter how much money they throw at hiim. hell get just as much money from the Cavs, but hell have a better chance at a championship.
3) He wont go anywhere but stay in CLev- cuz no team will throw or has nough room or is THAT interested in Lebron. The good teams who have money already have a set team. and the Teams that need lebron dont have the money or things to give to him to make him wanna come. The Nets are going for Dwade so no Lebron unless a lucky toss lol
Hes stayin in CLev possibly for a billion dollars (no joke) and hes going to win many championships with them.

SDBearsFan
11-17-2009, 02:01 PM
Man, Sam Smith proves to be an idiot...again.

nipo10847
11-17-2009, 02:16 PM
I heard CP3 is going to lakers as derek fisher's back up....nice move for the lakers....they needed a back up pg and CP3 will be really good off the bench :clap::clap::clap:

arkanian215
11-17-2009, 02:23 PM
sam smith, again....wth

Statik1
11-17-2009, 02:27 PM
THIS JUST IN! Wilt Chamberlain has been brought back to life and is planning on joining the Lakers next year along side King James....

Tony_Starks
11-17-2009, 02:42 PM
They should start fining sports writers for continuing to beat this dead horse over and over. It doesn't even take a reliable source anymore, you can just make up anything! Lebron is going to the Clippers so he can be in Hollywood and be Kobe's cross town rival! CLippers will trade Kaman, Gordan, and a 1st round pick. Write it up!