PDA

View Full Version : David West - Would you guys trade him?

JordansBulls
11-04-2009, 03:48 PM
Would you guys trade David West at all?

Lets say the Bulls offered you Luol Deng and Brad Miller for David West and Peja, would you accept?

I had to do a 2 for 2 deal to get salaries to match.

That would enable you to have a lineup of:

PG CP3
SG Mo Pete
SF Deng
PF Okafor
C Miller

If not that deal, then what realistic deal would you do?

spacemandave
11-04-2009, 05:06 PM
ya id do that but juju would play in front of mo pete i dont care what position they are listed....

im now very open to trading west for a good wing player. i may have said before that i love kirk heinrich, think dwest would be big upgrade over tyrus, hes still playing w great pg and gets kick in pants bc hes lazy...heinrich is a tenacious defender, can handle the ball(a talented player to handle the rock and distribute in playoffs is key or they cant beat anyone) and he can shoot...if thorntons that good i think he can be a very good 6th man, if not not....my marc gasol talk is lookin pretty good, dont know how those 2 could match for a trade now.

kayface
11-04-2009, 07:40 PM
thats actually a very tempting deal, especially since it basically adds another good starter without losing too much since okafor is widely considered to be a better fit a PF. the only thing i dont really like is losing peja off the bench, but maybe juju will be able to fulfill that role?

NiTEFuRY
11-05-2009, 01:18 AM
any interest in pieces from Detroit?

spacemandave
11-05-2009, 01:53 AM
without looking at salaries or nuthin i love tayshun and rip(dwest showed something tonight tho, thats fo sho)

JDizzle
11-07-2009, 07:34 PM
yah get rid of his bum *** he anit the pf we need. I would love k hinrech or tryus thomas deng miller any of them sounds good on the hornets roster

iHop
11-07-2009, 11:25 PM
Yea i would for the right person. If we got Luol Deng, defiantly i would do it

spacemandave
11-08-2009, 03:31 AM
id like deng too even though i dont think hes the type of player we need, but they dont seem to value hinrich that highly....rasual butler looked good for the clips today, surprised to say i miss him.

kikeyanez
11-11-2009, 01:32 AM
you never trade big for small- if thats you guys mind set in N-O well offer you jackson an maggette for west mo our posey

ballpd05
11-11-2009, 09:39 AM
you never trade big for small- if thats you guys mind set in N-O well offer you jackson an maggette for west mo our posey

I would take this trade in a heartbeat. Don't know about Maggette though, he is a chucker. Both of those two play bigger than D West.

Kakaroach
11-12-2009, 12:26 AM
Would you guys do a deal around Boozer? Utah needs to do something at this point.

Vinny642
11-12-2009, 12:59 AM
I would trade anyone on the Hornets right now except Paul.

johnnydollaz89
11-12-2009, 12:21 PM
Would you guys trade David West at all?

Lets say the Bulls offered you Luol Deng and Brad Miller for David West and Peja, would you accept?

I had to do a 2 for 2 deal to get salaries to match.

That would enable you to have a lineup of:

PG CP3
SG Mo Pete
SF Deng
PF Okafor
C Miller

If not that deal, then what realistic deal would you do?

as a bulls fan, we are not doin that trade, especially with the way deng has been playing and miller has been solid for us off the bench

JasonJohnHorn
11-12-2009, 05:56 PM
West is a solid player, but the Hornets need a center. Okafor is a natural power forward and his only problem in Charlotte was that he had to play center. If he got to play power forward he would do much better. So trading either West or Okafor for a true center (like Chris Kaman) would be a great move, but the team still needs some depth.

BIGBREED
11-12-2009, 11:11 PM
West is a solid player, but the Hornets need a center. Okafor is a natural power forward and his only problem in Charlotte was that he had to play center. If he got to play power forward he would do much better. So trading either West or Okafor for a true center (like Chris Kaman) would be a great move, but the team still needs some depth.

Says who? You must be only saying that based on his height bcuz Okafor has played center 95% of his career, plus he's the same height as (HOF) Center - Hakeem Olajuwon. Whats the difference between a Center and a Power-foward that plays in the post? Not a damn thing! Tim Duncan and Dwight Howard are powerfowards that are playing at the center position.

Here's the list of the NBA "real" centers:
-Shaq
-Yao Ming
-Bynum
-Kaman
-Oden
-Hibbert

The rest of the guys that are playing at the Center position are Powerforwards
-even Tyson Chandler

Vinny642
11-12-2009, 11:13 PM
^^^
I agree

ballpd05
11-13-2009, 02:39 PM
The way the league is evolving your PF has to have a little quickness or at least has to be able to play a little D on the perimeter to deal with these new PF with perimeter game. Okafor definitely can't defend on the perimeter or in score from mid range so I think he is locked into being a C. D West doesn't play D either but u have to respect his J