PDA

View Full Version : Bush and Clinton to face off in debate

SmthBluCitrus
11-03-2009, 06:42 PM
Former presidents to face off in debate

Bubba and Dubya are going to engage in a presidential debate for the ages.

Former President Bill Clinton and George W. Bush will square off on the same stage at Radio City Music Hall in February as part of a series pitting liberal and conservative thinkers.

The event is part of MSG Entertainment's third annual "Minds That Move The World" speakers series.

The event -- billed as "The Hottest Ticket in Political History" -- will take place on Feb. 25, 2010, at 8 p.m., according to organizers.

Clinton, a Democrat who served two terms starting in 1993, and Bush, a Republican, who also served two consecutive terms starting in 2001, will engage in an "uncensored, unedited and unpredixctable" debate.

"We hope that [the debate] will not only provide guests with an informative and empowering experience that will help them make educated political decisions, but also encourage people to engage in continued dialogue surrounding the most significant current events of our day," said Melissa Miller Ormond, who serves as COO of MSG Entertainment.

The moderator has not been named.

Tickets range from $60 to a whopping $1,250. Tickets go on sale this Sunday.

New York Post (http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/former_presidents_to_face_off_in_EOs3vCrmgLrnYuXWC 0KvUM)

SmthBluCitrus
11-03-2009, 06:44 PM
I think this would be pretty awesome to see. I really hope that it's broadcast because I don't plan on flying to NYC to see it.

carson005
11-03-2009, 06:44 PM
That's awesome. Let's go Dubya :p

ari1013
11-03-2009, 06:58 PM
Cool idea. Way too much money for me to want to spend on it, but a good idea nonetheless.

Randy West
11-03-2009, 08:24 PM
Russell Simmons should be promoting it like the Def All Star Debate Jam or something.

How insightful is something like this really going to be??

I think they should try and yuk it up a bit.....you know Clinton could say something about cocaine and Bush could say something about Monica...........and cocaine.........I am thinking something along the lines of Eddie Murphy Raw just with Bill and George.

homestarunner93
11-03-2009, 08:28 PM
Really cool. Hopefully everyone will be able to watch.

Matchstckman
11-03-2009, 08:29 PM
This is awesome. It better be on TV

IndyFan
11-03-2009, 11:15 PM
i will take bubba and give the points.

:)

dbroncos78087
11-03-2009, 11:17 PM
This sounds really cool. Just so long as we dont see their VPs duel.

IndyFan
11-03-2009, 11:23 PM
This sounds really cool. Just so long as we dont see their VPs duel.

maybe if they used pistols

:eyebrow:

jrice9
11-03-2009, 11:51 PM
Bush is now considered a conservative lol
/humour

Anyway, should be interesting

gcoll
11-03-2009, 11:57 PM
Seriously? Wow.

behindmydesk
11-04-2009, 09:46 AM
This is cool. Dubya is a great debater. Clinton is pretty damned good himself. I love great debates. Dubya vs gore and kerry was no contest. Obama vs McCain was a he said she said fiasco. It was horrid. So hopefully this one is great.

They should put this on PPV for 30 bucks with the money going to charity.

behindmydesk
11-04-2009, 09:46 AM
This is cool. Dubya is a great debater. Clinton is pretty damned good himself. I love great debates. Dubya vs gore and kerry was no contest. Obama vs McCain was a he said she said fiasco. It was horrid. So hopefully this one is great.

poodski
11-04-2009, 11:11 AM

I was going to say the money should go to charity.

johnnylee722
11-04-2009, 12:10 PM
hahaha this should be funny...

The Schmooze
11-04-2009, 01:50 PM
I look forward to this, but first let me say that I love everyone int his forum. I'd never want to offend anyone or make them feel like my opinion is different from theirs, so just let me know if you disagree with me(carefully) and I'll rescind my posts. Politics should be all puppy dogs and ice cream. Even if someone is wrong, they are right in some alternative universe. Lets remember that

behindmydesk
11-04-2009, 01:53 PM
I look forward to this, but first let me say that I love everyone int his forum. I'd never want to offend anyone or make them feel like my opinion is different from theirs, so just let me know if you disagree with me(carefully) and I'll rescind my posts. Politics should be all puppy dogs and ice cream. Even if someone is wrong, they are right in some alternative universe. Lets remember that

Drunk Schmooze?

The Schmooze
11-04-2009, 01:56 PM
Drunk Schmooze?

I just dont want to step on anyone's toes. I'm trying to be careful after the latest Warning Thread. I love you bmd, even when we disagree

ari1013
11-04-2009, 03:44 PM
I'm sorry BMD, but Schmoozey here deserves this: :facepalm:

Nobody says we have to agree on everything. It's that we need to attack the message, not the messenger.