PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with the Hornets?

JordansBulls
11-02-2009, 11:45 PM
After the 2008 season, everyone was expecting big things from them. They have been struggling since that point in time.

I thought with the deal getting Okafor that they would be elite once more, but it doesn't appear to be the case thus far. What are they missing?

Do they need someone like Michael Redd or T-mac on that team or what?

i.got.the.nutz
11-02-2009, 11:51 PM
They're simply not talented enough. If Chris Paul needs to score 25+ ppg every night for them to compete, the Hornets are in for a long season.

Zefflin
11-02-2009, 11:51 PM
Redd would do that team wonders...Tmac to any team would help...

Spurred1
11-02-2009, 11:53 PM
Redd's injured again.

Mavrix
11-02-2009, 11:53 PM
Okafur hasn't been doing anything offensively is why. What they desperately need is a scoring 2 guard. I would trade Jason Terry and Gooden straight up for Okafur

Hornets line up:

Paul
Terry
Stojakovic
West
Gooden/Armstrong

Dallas line up:

Kidd
Howard
Marion
Nowitzki
Okafur

Both teams get what they want

BlondeBomber41
11-02-2009, 11:56 PM
They simply dont have enough talent, enough scoring punch.

Shady66
11-03-2009, 12:02 AM
I think it has something to do with chemistry, and coaching.

Duncan = Donkey
11-03-2009, 12:04 AM
nothing's wrong with them, there just not that good.

I had them not making the playoffs at the start of the year, If they still had chandler i reckon they make it he fit that team so well.

Zefflin
^^ They'll make the playoffs man...and it's more coaching than chemistry. And I agree with you Mavrix.

Vinny642
Okafur hasn't been doing anything offensively is why. What they desperately need is a scoring 2 guard. I would trade Jason Terry and Gooden straight up for Okafur

Hornets line up:

Paul
Terry
Stojakovic
West
Gooden/Armstrong

Dallas line up:

Kidd
Howard
Marion
Nowitzki
Okafur

Both teams get what they want

What an ignorant statement, Okafor isn't a godly scorer by any means but his offensive game is not even close to being a problem.
This is my quick write up on Scott-

This guy will not be returning next year. No way if he keeps losing these games. He needs to play Wright at the end of games, seriously and no more Bobby Brown as the backup PG, it easily should be Collison.

We are 1-3 now, we should at least be 2-2. Paul, West and Okafor are playing awesome, Peja is doing good off the bench, Wright isn't doing bad, we can win these games, but Scotts tactics suck, he needs to leave Paul in if we are in danger of losing. He has to use Thorton and Collison more then the two Browns.

Slimsim
11-03-2009, 12:05 AM
i can honestly say that the knicks have more talent than Hornets not including Chris Paul but ya there 1 injury away from be a legit lottery team they need to get some trades done asap or else CP3 is going to want out of NO

Burkey3472
11-03-2009, 12:05 AM
They have very little firepower. West has struggled so far, Peja has lost a step, and their bench is at best average IMO.

Vinny642
11-03-2009, 12:06 AM
They simply dont have enough talent, enough scoring punch.

Its not that we dont have enough talent, its just we use people like Bobby Brown, Devin Brown, and Mo Pete over guys like Wright, Thorton, and Collison. Also alot of the players arent hungry enough to win.

Duncan = Donkey
11-03-2009, 12:07 AM
they may make the playoffs, i just dont think they will thats all

Vinny642
11-03-2009, 12:08 AM
They have very little firepower. West has struggled so far, Peja has lost a step, and their bench is at best average IMO.

West hasn't struggled, he has been doing alright, and Peja has lost a step since what last year? Are you crazy? He is great off of the bench.

Slimsim
beside the hornets haven't done much to imprive there roster after 2008 season everyone in the west got better and CP3 knows it that why you can see his frustration on the court

Spurred1
Okafor seems to be okay so far. But to be honest, they looked awful against the Spurs-and that was when the second unit Spurs were playing. Looks like they can't get enough scoring from the bench. At least that's what it looked like to me.

Zefflin
11-03-2009, 12:09 AM
Peja doesn't need an extra step, he's a shooter.

_KB24_
11-03-2009, 12:12 AM
There team just is not good. PAUL is a one-man team. W/O him, I would like to see them even ATTEMPT to win a game. Okafur is decent, but I feel West's play is all dependent on the skill of Paul.

Zefflin
11-03-2009, 12:14 AM
Yeah, that team without Paul would be pathetic.

Slimsim
11-03-2009, 12:15 AM
they need to get paul some help or he might want out of NO

aNYer
11-03-2009, 12:15 AM
I think they need a pure scorer. Paul for some reason seems like he doesn't want to take over games like he can. He is trying to be a true PG first and not doing a bad job but he doesn't have that much help. West is solid, Okafor is solid, Peja is solid cause he lost a step and Paul is amazing. He needs to go off for 50 and worry about passing when a team proves they can consistently stop him.

GodsSon
11-03-2009, 12:18 AM
outside of Paul who do they have? West is so over-rated its ridiculous, and although they won on the Chandler-Okafor swap, they dont have enough complimentary scoring to get nothing from their 5 and win.

Vinny642
11-03-2009, 12:19 AM
Its funny barely any of you blame Scott, when he is the main reason we lose these games, his player rotations are horrible.

We could've won the game against Boston, but at the end of the game Scott puts in Bobby Brown instead of Wright.

This game he leaves our second string in w/o Collison and Thorton and Wright in for 6 minutes in the 4th quarter, then we are down by around 10.

:pity:
FIRE SCOTT

aNYer
11-03-2009, 12:19 AM
Damn it. lost my post. Basically said you see Peja's age in his decreased minutes, lack of how often he gets open and other things but I am not going to type it all out. Those off 1 foot fade away lobs look good when they go in but they are due to him losing a step.

Mavrix
11-03-2009, 12:20 AM
What an ignorant statement, Okafor isn't a godly scorer by any means but his offensive game is not even close to being a problem.
This is my quick write up on Scott-

This guy will not be returning next year. No way if he keeps losing these games. He needs to play Wright at the end of games, seriously and no more Bobby Brown as the backup PG, it easily should be Collison.

We are 1-3 now, we should at least be 2-2. Paul, West and Okafor are playing awesome, Peja is doing good off the bench, Wright isn't doing bad, we can win these games, but Scotts tactics suck, he needs to leave Paul in if we are in danger of losing. He has to use Thorton and Collison more then the two Browns.
And what an arrogant reply. Everyone including Okafur himself expected to produce more offensively with CP3 as his new PG. :facepalm:

aNYer
11-03-2009, 12:21 AM
Its funny barely any of you blame Scott, when he is the main reason we lose these games, his player rotations are horrible.

We could've won the game against Boston, but at the end of the game Scott puts in Bobby Brown instead of Wright.

This game he leaves our second string in w/o Collison and Thorton and Wright in for 6 minutes in the 4th quarter, then we are down by around 10.

:pity:
FIRE SCOTT

you may be right but I can only judge the players I have seen playing. Like I said I think Paul needs to take over. With a better team his unselfishness is great but thats not what is needed right now.

BTownTeamsRKing
11-03-2009, 12:21 AM
if peja shoots like he did in Boston sunday night, there is nothing wrong with them. they played a great game in Boston, but lost.

CP3 is the best PG in the game. the could use a nice wing scorer. Ariza would have been good.

Hornets will make the playoffs probably as the 5th seed in the West

Litchris12
11-03-2009, 12:22 AM
they traded there best shooter in butler and got okafor. team chemistry sucks right now.... peja is not playign alot of minutes cuz he;s injured

Vinny642
11-03-2009, 12:23 AM
And what an arrogant reply. Everyone including Okafur himself expected to produce more offensively with CP3 as his new PG. :facepalm:

He has, he got 24 points today! You dont know dude please just stop.
He isnt gonna go from at 13 PPG to 20 PPG guy just form a different PG.
He has been rebounding good and defending good.

And aNYer, I agree CP should take over earlier because that is what we need.

Vinny642
11-03-2009, 12:26 AM
if peja shoots like he did in Boston sunday night, there is nothing wrong with them. they played a great game in Boston, but lost.

CP3 is the best PG in the game. the could use a nice wing scorer. Ariza would have been good.

Hornets will make the playoffs probably as the 5th seed in the West

It was a great game, I wasnt mad we lost to you guys, i was mad we put Bobby Brown in the last rotation instead of Wright, but w/e. Also I dont like how Rondo was starting crap with Paul while he was congradulating Pierce.

These people really dont know about the Hornets

tr4shb0t
11-03-2009, 12:27 AM
I think Denver may have permanently damaged the Hornets after that one playoff game last season.

Mavrix
11-03-2009, 12:28 AM
He has, he got 24 points today! You dont know dude please just stop.
He isnt gonna go from at 13 PPG to 20 PPG guy just form a different PG.
He has been rebounding good and defending good.

And aNYer, I agree CP should take over earlier because that is what we need.

He's been averaging 11 ppg with CP3. Going from Felton to CP3 should have easily increased his PPG to atleast 16-17. 3-4 more than usual which isn't even a big increase. He's averaged less points thus far.

Vinny642
11-03-2009, 12:29 AM
I think Denver may have permanently damaged the Hornets after that one playoff game last season.

I kinda agree with this in the aspect that alot of the Hornets arent playing with that hungry mentality, we are playing really non-chalantly

Vinny642
11-03-2009, 12:31 AM
He's been averaging 11 ppg with CP3. Going from Felton to CP3 should have easily increased his PPG to atleast 16-17. 3-4 more than usual which isn't even a big increase. He's averaged less points thus far.

After todays game its not 11 PPG, why should have CP increased his points so dramatically? The points Okafor has been scoring have been alot from his own low post moves.

Mavrix
11-03-2009, 12:32 AM
After todays game its not 11 PPG, why should have CP increased his points so dramatically? The points Okafor has been scoring have been alot from his own low post moves.

Dramatically isn't a 3 point increase. Dramatically is going from 13 to 20 like you said.

OaklandsFinest
11-03-2009, 12:33 AM
First Okafor is a great fit. Chris Paul is Chris Paul. Their problem is 2 fold. No perimeter scoring and no legit number 2 option. David West is a solid number 3 option but he is not a legit second option, hes just not. If they could get McGrady that would fix alot there. Mc Grady gives you that outside scorer plus a guy who can get his own shot at anytime. You have to create a shot for David West he can't get his own.

Vinny642
11-03-2009, 12:35 AM
First Okafor is a great fit. Chris Paul is Chris Paul. Their problem is 2 fold. No perimeter scoring and no legit number 2 option. David West is a solid number 3 option but he is not a legit second option, hes just not. If they could get McGrady that would fix alot there. Mc Grady gives you that outside scorer plus a guy who can get his own shot at anytime. You have to create a shot for David West he can't get his own.

I agree with most of this, but people still arent talking about the terrible rotations of Scott, he puts the wrong players in at the wrongs times, and still doesnt play his rookies, which can help alot, Collison is way better then Brown and Thorton can be that guy that can create his own shot.

Vinny642
11-03-2009, 12:36 AM
Dramatically isn't a 3 point increase. Dramatically is going from 13 to 20 like you said.

But, why should Paul get Okafor easy points? Okafor isnt the alley-oop guy Chandler was, Okafor works for his points.

b_rad23
11-03-2009, 12:37 AM
Perfect fit=Rip.
Another good fit=T-Mac
Redd I guess would be good too if they're going all in.
Jax would actually be nice I think.
Ray Allen would be insane.
Barbosa or Azuibuike would add a good amount.
Bellinelli could be a nice under the radar pick up.

Basically I'm thinking a scoring 2 would add a ton.

JordansBulls
11-03-2009, 12:38 AM
I think the Hornets would be pretty good if they traded Okafor and Mo Pete to the Rockets for Anderson and T-mac

Spurred1
11-03-2009, 12:38 AM
Vinny-don't you think they at least need to upgrade the bench? Paul is going to drain himself dry if it is just him doing most of the work. Okafor is doing his part and West is contributing, but they seem to need another consistent scorer. Is Peja fulfilling that role?

Mavrix
11-03-2009, 12:39 AM
But, why should Paul get Okafor easy points? Okafor isnt the alley-oop guy Chandler was, Okafor works for his points.

Yeah but when you have the best point guard in the NBA passing to you, you're going to get better looks and shots - obviously.

Vinny642
11-03-2009, 12:39 AM
I think the Hornets would be pretty good if they traded Okafor and Mo Pete to the Rockets for Anderson and T-mac

I dont, then we lose a good bigmen for a gamble in TMac and a decent backup C. I'd rather stay with a good starting C and utilize thorton more

Vinny642
11-03-2009, 12:40 AM
Yeah but when you have the best point guard in the NBA passing to you, you're going to get better looks and shots - obviously.

And he has, as you can see 24 points today. Paul looks for West and the wings more though.

Spurred1
11-03-2009, 12:40 AM

JB, what is your obsession with trading T-Mac?

Vinny642
11-03-2009, 12:42 AM
Vinny-don't you think they at least need to upgrade the bench? Paul is going to drain himself dry if it is just him doing most of the work. Okafor is doing his part and West is contributing, but they seem to need another consistent scorer. Is Peja fulfilling that role?

Hell yea, i'd love a Sheed or Odom or Terry off the bench but we don't have that luxury, but we can use Collison over Brown as our 2nd PG and Thorton starting. I'd say Peja is doing good off the bench but Wright isn't getting enough opportunities to do what he does.

Mavrix
11-03-2009, 12:43 AM
And he has, as you can see 24 points today. Paul looks for West and the wings more though.
That's just one game though, he was capable of 24 every now and then even before getting traded

Vinny642
11-03-2009, 12:44 AM
That's just one game though, he was capable of 24 every now and then even before getting traded

But Paul makes it more likely then Felton would, we only had 4 games, I wouldnt go by stats just yet, I watched Okafor pay these games and im loving the trade.

roshan3ai
11-03-2009, 12:48 AM
They could use a dynamic wing scorer, like redd or even jamal crawford. Now that I think about it, they should really try hard to get Stephen jax, without giving up Meka, West, or CP3. He fits their need for a wing scorer who can create.
Maybe like a combo of Julian Wright, Posey and Peja for SJax

CP3
MoPete
SJax
West
Meka

Vinny642
11-03-2009, 12:49 AM
I'd love Crawford or Jackson, but not for giving up Wright

Toenail Clipper
11-03-2009, 12:50 AM
What's wrong with the Hornets? I'll tell you, they are overrated.

Vinny642
11-03-2009, 12:51 AM
What's wrong with the Hornets? I'll tell you, they are overrated.

Your like a broken record, is that all you know how to say when it comes to the Hornets, you say the same about the Jazz. Look where Griffin is because of playing too serious against the Hornets in preseason.

Toenail Clipper
11-03-2009, 12:53 AM
Your like a broken record, is that all you know how to say when it comes to the Hornets, you say the same about the Jazz. Look where Griffin is because of playing too serious against the Hornets in preseason.

Because I hate both teams. The Hornets is basically West, Paul, and Okafor. The other players you are listing are irrelevant.

Highlight
11-03-2009, 12:54 AM
Doesn't anyone think they may need some time to all gel!? I mean, Okafor was hurt for quite a bit of time during training camp and preseason.

This team still needs some time to acclimate to one another before they can start winning ball games with regularity.

Chris Paul is a great PG and I expect that team to start winning games on a regular basis after a couple more weeks. I am not disagreeing with anyone though. It would be nice if he did have a few more weapons.

I'm not saying those guys you (Vinny) listed aren't considered "weapons", but they aren't household names.

lakersfan211
11-03-2009, 12:57 AM
this team will be a 35 win team this year . i watched them and quite frankly they look like a sissy of a team . their soft as tissue . you seen denver bully them like geeks last in year in the playoffs and imo this team is worser without chandler . okafor i dont think will fit well with them , paul is a one man show , west has fallen off the map a little , peja isnt peja knowmore , thats just being brutaly honest . this team will be in the lottery and probably some years to come .

Vinny642
11-03-2009, 12:58 AM
Doesn't anyone think they may need some time to all gel!? I mean, Okafor was hurt for quite a bit of time during training camp and preseason.

This team still needs some time to acclimate to one another before they can start winning ball games with regularity.

Chris Paul is a great PG and I expect that team to start winning games on a regular basis after a couple more weeks. I am not disagreeing with anyone though. It would be nice if he did have a few more weapons.

I'm not saying those guys you (Vinny) listed aren't considered "weapons", but they aren't household names.

I understand, but I think there are a few players that are under utilized or just not utilized at all(Collison, Thorton) I also agree we do need time to gel, but Scott has to learned to use the rookies.

Vinny642
11-03-2009, 01:01 AM
this team will be a 35 win team this year , i watched them and quite frankly they look like a sissy of a team , their soft as tissue , you seen denver bully them like geeks last in year in the playoffs and imo this team is worser without chandler , okafor i dont think will fit well with them , paul is a one man show , west has fallen off the map a little , peja isnt peja knowmore , thats just being brutaly honest , this team will be in the lottery and probably some years to come .

I love your grammar, where did you learn it :eyebrow:

We are soft as tissue my ***, Okafor has things that we need that Chandler doesnt.

PrettyBoyJ
11-03-2009, 01:06 AM
They dont have enuff depth.. Need a 2 guard.. better play from David west nd Okafor... and a better bench.. CP does evrythin on the team

spacemandave
11-03-2009, 01:11 AM
just came from the game(anyone hear me yell to put in sean marks)....byron insists on playing the most terrible back ups
diogu>songalia
collison>bobby brown
thornton>mopete
marks>a sack of potatoes>hilton armstrong(he is so bad its almost sad, he is so utterly lost out there)

i rly think coaching is our biggest problem, the bench is just totally lost and thats when theyre playing against other benches, it just cant be that bad w these professionals who all played solid bench elsewhere. he doesnt have any plays in the arsenal, just cp3 set someone up please. he doesnt play young guys, hes still dragging his stupid feet on juju whos been playing well....i dont know how you can watch 3 games and say well okafor didnt work out when its pretty apparent for those of us who do more than read a box score that hes been awesome and its the 2 guard, the 3 when juju is only playing 18 min a game, and the awful bench that unless im taking crazy pills has 3 of their top 7 or 8 players in street clothes...STREET CLOTHES!!!...and anyone that says chandlers better than okafor is a total idiot, okafors better in every single aspect of the game with the lone exception being alley oops.

Vinny642
11-03-2009, 01:12 AM
just came from the game(anyone hear me yell to put in sean marks)....byron insists on playing the most terrible back ups
diogu>songalia
collison>bobby brown
thornton>mopete
marks>a sack of potatoes>hilton armstrong(he is so bad its almost sad, he is so utterly lost out there)

i rly think coaching is our biggest problem, the bench is just totally lost and thats when theyre playing against other benches, it just cant be that bad w these professionals who all played solid bench elsewhere. he doesnt have any plays in the arsenal, just cp3 set someone up please. he doesnt play young guys, hes still dragging his stupid feet on juju whos been playing well....i dont know how you can watch 3 games and say well okafor didnt work out when its pretty apparent for those of us who do more than read a box score that hes been awesome and its the 2 guard, the 3 when juju is only playing 18 min a game, and the awful bench that unless im taking crazy pills has 3 of their top 7 or 8 players in street clothes...STREET CLOTHES!!!...and anyone that says chandlers better than okafor is a total idiot, okafors better in every single aspect of the game with the lone exception being alley oops.

Im sorry u had to go to that game

Spurred1
11-03-2009, 01:15 AM
This team will be a 35 win team this year. I watched them and quite frankly they look like a sissy of a team. They're as soft as tissue and you saw Denver bully them like geeks last year in the playoffs. Imo this team is worse without Chandler and I don't think Okafor will fit well with them. Paul is a one man show, West has fallen off the map a little , and Peja isn't Peja anymore. That's just being brutally honest. This team will be in the lottery this year and probably for years to come .

Fixed!

Vinny642
11-03-2009, 01:17 AM
Fixed!

You shouldn't have, if the guy can't type right don't fix it for him.

lakersfan211
11-03-2009, 01:24 AM
You shouldn't have, if the guy can't type right don't fix it for him.

who the hell cares about grammer . nobodys perfect , hell i really dont give a **** about grammer . i think your bitter because i told the truth about your team . so i dont type very good , well i aint the only one that dont type good on this site . grammer is nothing i really ever paid attention to .

tr4shb0t
11-03-2009, 01:25 AM
Well at least NO has the Saints to cheer them up lol

what54!?
11-03-2009, 01:32 AM
they play with no fire

BkOriginalOne
11-03-2009, 01:34 AM
Chris Paul is becoming more of a scorer and that's sad. They need someone who can score points from the perimeter.

abe_froman
11-03-2009, 01:39 AM
They dont have enuff depth.. Need a 2 guard.. better play from David west nd Okafor... and a better bench.. CP does evrythin on the team

pretty much,but with better spelling.

Spurred1
11-03-2009, 02:00 AM
who the hell cares about grammer . nobodys perfect , hell i really dont give a **** about grammer . i think your bitter because i told the truth about your team . so i dont type very good , well i aint the only one that dont type good on this site . grammer is nothing i really ever paid attention to .

Who the hell cares about grammar? Nobody's perfect. Hell, I really don't give **** about grammar. I think you're bitter because I told the truth about your team. I don't type very well; I'm not the only one who doesn't type well on this site. Grammar is nothing I really ever paid attention to.

Don't you care about grammar?

spacemandave
11-03-2009, 02:03 AM
they play with no fire

agreed, thats why i think the coach has got to go...didnt have it end of last year either, can only imagine the starters energy was sapped by going -10 immediately literally every single time the bench came in.

BigEric
11-03-2009, 02:27 AM
Lack of talent, bad coaching, one man show, overrated PF. That'll do the trick.

BigEric
11-03-2009, 02:28 AM
No disrespect to my brother, Vinny, but that team is not that good. They have a lot of pressure on CP to be the number one, he's doing his job. The number two, West, isn't. I was never a fan of him and always found him a little overrated.

NetsPaint
11-03-2009, 02:35 AM
The Hornets are one team that struck me as they should have offered for Iverson for the one year deal.I know people say he's a ballhog and whatnot, but to me he'd be helping Paul out since he can create his own shot and finish at the basket consistantly.

Toenail Clipper
11-03-2009, 02:48 AM
Chris Paul should just demand a trade. They're not getting near a championship, with the exception of the year where Chris Paul was running for MVP.

spacemandave
11-03-2009, 03:48 AM
think you guys are wrong about talent, okafor is reallllly good and chandler was not, he had some cool alley oops but that is honestly it, nothing else, he was good at nothing else....west is lazy at best and too slow at worst on d but he is very good on o and does create his own shot a lot facing up....obv theres a significant fall off here but i think juju can make a big leap over the course of a full year(if hes played 25+min) he seems to have a not terrible j, high flyin, good d, decent rebounding....and heres another fall off, we traded two second rounders for thornton, lets get him out there in the real thing and see what we got, peja is just too slow on d and needs an even more limited role. marks was solid as back up last year, hiltons never shown a damn thing. and you cant tell me songalias got more game than diogu do u see him run out there he looks like ryan bowen with a slightly better j!...

cliff notes

cp3, west, okafor awesome, juju can be good, bunch of loose parts that have potential most of whom arent getting enough game time...think with a coach that can inspire this team and get them playing d, and the bench getting it together.

spacemandave
11-03-2009, 03:49 AM
poseys lazy and out of shape and collison needs to be in instead of bobby brown as well.

mrblisterdundee
11-03-2009, 01:03 PM
The Hornets' post players are not tough enough. Their center should be the power forward. Their power forward should be shipped out or made into an oversized 6th man small forward. Overall, the Hornets are a jump-shooting team that needs more slashers for Paul to throw the ball to.

jetsfan28
11-03-2009, 01:06 PM
I think the Pargo loss has somehow gone incredibly underrated for 2 years now. Never got another 2 who could speed up the tempo, control the ball a bit to take pressure off Paul, and score.

Raph12
11-03-2009, 01:37 PM
They are weak at the 2 and 3...

JordansBulls
11-03-2009, 02:15 PM
The ideal deal would be for the Hornets to Trade Mo Pete and Songalia for Redd

Lineup
PG CP3
SG Redd
SF Peja
PF West
C Okafor

Chronz
11-03-2009, 03:07 PM
The Hornets' post players are not tough enough. Their center should be the power forward. Their power forward should be shipped out or made into an oversized 6th man small forward. Overall, the Hornets are a jump-shooting team that needs more slashers for Paul to throw the ball to.

Their post players are plenty tough, its their wings thats the problem.

Lineup
PG CP3
SG Redd
SF Peja
PF West
C Okafor

They would have no need to start Peja in that lineup, they would start Julian Wright

Raph12
11-03-2009, 04:02 PM
Their post players are plenty tough, its their wings thats the problem.

They would have no need to start Peja in that lineup, they would start Julian Wright

Agree with both statements.

Vinny642
11-03-2009, 04:37 PM

Lineup
PG CP3
SG Redd
SF Peja
PF West
C Okafor

I'd give Mo Pete Songaila (and Armstrong) for Redd.
If the Bucks were dumb enough to accept that then fine.

Raph12
11-03-2009, 04:41 PM
I'd give Mo Pete Songaila (and Armstrong) for Redd.
If the Bucks were dumb enough to accept that then fine.

They just might be lol... in order to win the race to getting John Wall.

Vinny642
11-03-2009, 04:43 PM
Im about to call up my boy Bower, and tell him to offer this

Slimsim
11-03-2009, 05:07 PM
its funny because even with CP3 on the hornets they still look like a lottery team ill be keeping my eye on the hornets record to see how they play

iHop
11-03-2009, 11:32 PM
One Simply reason, they need another player who can create his own shot and is a offensive threat.

ballpd05
11-04-2009, 12:00 PM
Its not that we dont have enough talent, its just we use people like Bobby Brown, Devin Brown, and Mo Pete over guys like Wright, Thorton, and Collison. Also alot of the players arent hungry enough to win.

I think it is cuz we don't have that talent. Thornton and Collison showed alot of poise and promise in the preseason, but they are unproven. The Hornets need younger, more athletic players who can score without Chris Paul spoon feeding them buckets.

And our best playmaker on the wing is Thornton from what I saw in preseason so I have no idea why he isn't playing. Collison is good, but he was kind of outplayed by Bobby Brown in the preseason.

spacemandave
11-04-2009, 12:18 PM
i still agree w jets fan, not signing pargo for like a million a year is just so stupid. cant understand the stubbornness. i have another scenario for u where hornets are good instead of bad. sign pargo and draft blair instead of collison, holy ****, so ****in hard to figure that one out...top 2-3 pf, 8th pg in draft who should we take.

ballpd05
11-04-2009, 02:45 PM

Exactly!!!!

ballpd05
11-04-2009, 02:49 PM
David West is soft and plays no D and is basically a 6'8 spot up shooter. Okafor is a pleasant surprise. The wings are atrocious and when the Hornets were winning with basically the same team, the wings could at least hit open shots (granted CP3 had to get them open) and play D. They are doing neither of the two now. I think CP3 at 6'(maybe closer to 5'9) leads the team in points in the paint.

JordansBulls
11-04-2009, 03:46 PM

So are the Hornets ready to get rid of David West?

ballpd05
11-04-2009, 05:02 PM
So are the Hornets ready to get rid of David West?

If they could they should. He is nothing more than a solid jump shooting bigman. He is like Antonio McDyess accept he doesn't play D as well. If I could get a solid wing player who is athletic and can be both with and without the ball than I would trade him in a heartbeat.

CP3 loves D West though.

spacemandave
11-04-2009, 05:12 PM
ya, get rid, we made an upgrade w okafor over chandler, think we can find someone who would value west a lot like the bulls in a trade for heinrich...we can see diogu start for a year then maybe turn the last year of pejas contract into a good pf or something.

ballpd05
11-05-2009, 12:52 PM
The Hornets are in desperate need of some wing players. Not only can these guys we got running on the wings not create offense, but they are streaky shooters and don't keep anyone out of the lane.

Chris Paul may be the best player in the world to me if he can make the playoffs with this squad. He is definitely the most valuable in the sense of the word "valuable". Bobby Brown, as sad as that sounds, seems like the only other person who creates offense. He is a poor mans Pargo.