PDA

View Full Version : NBA ReDraft Playoffs: 3 Philadelphia 76ers vs. 6 Chicago Bulls

Catfish1314
11-02-2009, 06:13 PM
Once or a twice year, PSD holds an NBA ReDraft. In this game played by PSD users, all the players in the NBA go into a draft pool. A lottery is held to determine the order and in 12 rounds of drafting and trading the GMs try to create the best team possible.

This first round match-up features the 3rd seeded Philadelphia 76ers versus the 6th seeded Chicago Bulls. The Sixers have homecourt advantage. Their respective rosters and write-ups are listed below:

Keep in mind these are not the real life teams.

Sixers:

PG: Jarrett Jack/Darren Collison
SG: Jason Richardson/Lindsey Hunter/Sonny Weems
SF: LeBron James/Kyle Korver
PF: Antonio McDyess/Chris Andersen/Donyell Marshall
C: Shaquille O'Neal/Channing Frye

Bulls:

PG: Derrick Rose - Flip Murray - Acie Law
SG: Roger Mason Jr. - Rudy Fernandez
SF: Caron Butler - Julian Wright
PF: Kevin Love - Pops Mensah-Bonsu -Tyler Hansbrough
C: Andrew Bynum - JaVale McGee

Sixers write-up:

Finally, the playoffs have started and we have a great matchup with the Chicago Bulls. They have a very solid team but overall we have more talent and more star power.

Jarrett Jack vs Derrick Rose - There's no doubt that Derrick Rose is the better player, but we feel Jack can do a good job on Rose since Jack is a very solid defender. Jack had his best season as a pro last year, and while Rose is on his way to being one of the best PG's in the NBA, Jack can do a solid job on him.

Jason Richardson vs Roger Mason Jr. - This is a solid matchup, with Richardson being the more explosive scorer and player while Mason is a solid role player at SG. J-Rich will have the advantage here, since he is such a versatile scorer and Mason is mostly just a spot up shooter. Richardson will benefit greatly from how good of a passer Lebron is.

Lebron James vs Caron Butler - No explanation here really. Butler is a very good player, but Lebron is the best player in the league arguably and while Butler is a pretty good defender, he doesnt have the strength or ability to slow down Lebron James much. On the other hand, Lebron has developed into one of the better defenders in the NBA and nothing will come easy at all for Butler.

Antonio McDyess vs Kevin Love - Pretty even matchup in terms of impact and production, but we like our matchup here due to experience and what he brings to our offense. McDyess has been through the wars and is better defensively than Love. On offense he will bring more of a threat than Love as he is excellent at hitting the mid range jump shot and has a nice post game. Love is a hustler and has started to develop a post game, but McDyess wins this matchup because of all his experience.

Shaquille O'Neal vs Andrew Bynum - Shaq is still one of the best centers in the league and while Bynum has shown flashes of greatness he has also shown flashes of inconsistency. Shaq still wins this matchup due to his dominating presence offensively and the threat that he brings.

76ers bench vs Bulls bench - Our bench is more versatile with more of a chance to make an impact in the game. Chris Andersen is a great defender, shot blocker and rebounder who can give our bigs rest, while Kyle Korver is a big threat offensively off our bench. Lindsey Hunter is a great veteran guard to spell Jarrett Jack while Channing Frye can certainly contribute offensively off our bench. Also, a few games into the season it's become apparent that Channing Frye is an absolute beast, putting up 20-5 as starting center for the Phoenix Suns. If anyone has concerns about Shaq, we feel that Frye would be able to play a great game for us while he's on the bench.

On the other hand, the Bulls have a pretty good 6th man in Rudy Fernandez, and not much else. Flip is really a SG and him as a backup PG will be a problem. Julian Wright, Pops and Javale McGee is not much of a bench frontcourt. None of those players are real difference makers at all.

It would be a good series, but the Bulls lack the star power, they lack a true #1, and they lack the ability to stop our big guns.

Good luck to the Bulls.

The Bulls did not send in a write-up.

1-800-STFU
11-02-2009, 06:52 PM
Good luck, go me :)

Slimsim
11-02-2009, 07:05 PM
if lebron wasn't in it i would had voted Chicago

Catfish1314
11-02-2009, 11:32 PM
Bump.

PhillyLuver
11-03-2009, 12:18 AM
I see JB gave you the Rose vote, cool.

I think I should win this matchup.

1-800-STFU
11-03-2009, 12:45 AM
Ah well I lose, gg.

I voted for myself also as I saw PL did.

KnicksorBust
11-03-2009, 07:58 AM
I went Sixers here but imo the Bulls are a huge sleeper team for best future. Rose/Fernandez/Butler/Love/Bynum. In 2 years that team could be scary.

Ace33Bone
11-03-2009, 11:27 AM
I have to go with the sixer's mob LBJ gave him the win