PDA

View Full Version : NBA ReDraft Playoffs: 2 Los Angeles Lakers vs. 7 Los Angeles Clippers

Catfish1314
11-02-2009, 06:02 PM
Once or a twice year, PSD holds an NBA ReDraft. In this game played by PSD users, all the players in the NBA go into a draft pool. A lottery is held to determine the order and in 12 rounds of drafting and trading the GMs try to create the best team possible.

This first round match-up features the 2nd seeded Los Angeles Lakers versus the 7th seeded Los Angeles Clippers. The Lakers have homecourt advantage. Their respective rosters and write-ups are listed below:

Keep in mind these are not the real life teams.

Lakers:
PG: Kirk Hinrich/Ronnie Price
SG: Dwayne Wade/Ricky Davis/Bobby Jackson
SF: Rashard Lewis/Rodney Carney/Devean George
PF: Glen Davis/Fabricio Oberto
C: Yao Ming/Theo Ratliff

Clippers:
PG: Chauncey Billups / Anthony Johnson
SG: Brandon Rush / Carlos Delfino / Jerry Stackhouse
SF: Luol Deng / Luke Walton
PF: Ryan Gomes / Juwan Howard
C : Al Jefferson / Mareese Speights / Tony Battie

Lakers write-up:

(2) Los Angeles Lakers vs. (7) Los Angeles Clippers

Point Guard -
Kirk Hinrich (Lakers) vs. Chauncey Billups (Clippers)
While Chauncey Billups is obviously the more talented point guard of the two, Kirk Hinrich is no slouch. Chauncey is a talented scorer, distributor and defender. Hinrich does all of these things well, though not as well as Chauncey; we think that because of Kirk's strength on defense, he will be able to stabalize Chauncey from going crazy.
ADVANTAGE - Clippers

Shooting Guard -
Dwayne Wade (Lakers) vs. Jerry Stackhouse (Clippers)
Dwayne Wade obviously wins this matchup, and it is not even close. Wade will dominate Stackhouse in every battle, and ever facet of the game. This is a very important mismatch, as other players on the Clippers will have to double off of their men to help even contain Wade. Wade should dominate the series.
ADVANTAGE - Lakers

Small Forward -
Rashard Lewis (Lakers) vs. Luol Deng (Clippers)
After a breakout year for Rashard Lewis, and a terrible year for Luol Deng, Rashard should win this matchup. Lewis is bigger, stronger, and a better outside shooter than Deng. Lewis is a better rebounder, and can stretch the defense. He gives Wade outside scorer to dish too when he drives and draws double-teams. Lewis' defense is questionable, but is much more fomitable against a small forward than is would be against a power forward.
ADVANTAGE - Lakers

Power Forward-
Glen Davis (Lakers) vs. Al Jefferson (Clippers)
Obviously, Al Jefferson is a star, and Glen Davis is not. What Davis CAN do, is hit the consistent 20 foot jumper from the wing and the baseline. Davis is no slouch on offense and he will make Jefferson work on D, a place where Al-Jeff is often criticized. Glen is also commended for his defense. Though he will not be able to stop the more talented Jefferson, he will be able to keep tabs on him from breaking out every game.
ADVANTAGE - Clippers

Center -
Yao Ming (Lakers) vs. Tony Battie (Clippers)
Yao will simply devour Battie. Yao has the advantage in height, outside shooting, defensive rebounding, offensive rebounding, inside touch, defense, and leadership. This mismatch paired with the Wade matchup should make for the rest of the team getting open looks from the outside, and open lanes. Yao's interior passing is possibly the best in the league, and will be able to dish to a cutting Hirich, Wade, and Lewis all series long.
ADVANTAGE - Lakers

Bench-
The Clippers bench is quite strong, and obviously have the advantage, but these mismatches should be no where near making up for advantage the Lakers have in the starting line-up. We plan on running an 8 man rotation with Ricky Davis, Fabricio Oberto, and Ronnie Price filling in when needed.... Rodney Carney will be used sporatically when defense is needed, and Bobby Jackson will come in for instant offense.
ADVANTAGE - Clipeprs

OVERALL -
The Laker's mismatches are much more overwhelming than the Clippers'. This should make for an exciting hall-way series, but the Lakers plan to come out on top, of a hard fought series.

The Clippers did not send in a write-up.

LayZbone
11-02-2009, 06:18 PM
Catfish, change the lineups. The Lakers have Rashard Lewis, not Battier.

Catfish1314
11-02-2009, 11:33 PM
Bump.

BlondeBomber41
11-02-2009, 11:40 PM
Yao Ming is injured, so I doubt he contributes much from the bench in his suit. He's out for the year, so he wouldnt be in the playoffs either.

clehmun
11-02-2009, 11:41 PM
remember this is the 2009-2010 season where yao ming will miss the ENTIRE season.

billups will guard wade, he can matchup with him in speed, quickness, and strength. billups can slow down wade.

brandon rush is in the starting lineup instead of stackhouse, he too is a good defender who also have a good offensive game.

deng had an off year, but it's because of injuries and lack of touches. in this team, he's the perfect complement with his midrange game for billups' perimeter game and jefferon's inside game. he's also never played with a pass first PG top 5 in billups (rose wasn't a top 5 last year), he can easily put up 15-18 points on this team while playing above average defense.

we have gomes in the PF. he's a do it all point forward. his interior passing will make life even better for jefferson. he's slightly undersized, but that won't matter against glen davis. who's at best a 8th man hustle type player.

yao and jefferson. this would have been an interesting match up. i feel even when yao mings healthy, jefferson can use his strength and speed on yao ming, and can score without a problem. yao ming will get his points (if he actually plays), but there's a reason why a GM can pair yao with wade in this year's redraft, and that is because he's out of the season.

our bench just has a lot of depth. speights is emerging as a great PF/C, he can be used to guard the laker's bigs. carlos delfino brings offense off the bench and experience. luke walton is another point forward who can help run the offense when billups is taking a break. juwan howard is another veteran presence who could make plays for jefferson. battie is not a great C, but he did a decent job playing beside dwight howard the last few seasons, and he can do the same for jefferson.

we have an advantage on:

PG - billups vs hinrich
PF - ryan gomes vs glen davis
C - jefferson vs an injured yao ming

our bench also has the advantage.

defensively, we have two great defenders covering their two best offensive players:
deng covering lewis and billups covering wade.

JordansBulls
11-02-2009, 11:47 PM
Lakers in a blowout.

Super.
11-03-2009, 12:42 AM
Even without Yao the Lakers still win

Ace33Bone
11-03-2009, 11:30 AM
IMO the lakers even without Yao will win this one

Lakerfrk
11-03-2009, 11:50 AM
Now now... I thought that injuries don't matter in re-drafts... stop trying to convince everyone that they do...

theimortalone
11-03-2009, 11:51 AM
Lakers in 4.

thephoenixson28
11-03-2009, 11:58 AM
Lakers but if the clippers had brandon roy instead of brandon rush then it would've been a different story

theimortalone
11-03-2009, 11:59 AM
remember this is the 2009-2010 season where yao ming will miss the ENTIRE season.

billups will guard wade, he can matchup with him in speed, quickness, and strength. billups can slow down wade.

brandon rush is in the starting lineup instead of stackhouse, he too is a good defender who also have a good offensive game.

deng had an off year, but it's because of injuries and lack of touches. in this team, he's the perfect complement with his midrange game for billups' perimeter game and jefferon's inside game. he's also never played with a pass first PG top 5 in billups (rose wasn't a top 5 last year), he can easily put up 15-18 points on this team while playing above average defense.

we have gomes in the PF. he's a do it all point forward. his interior passing will make life even better for jefferson. he's slightly undersized, but that won't matter against glen davis. who's at best a 8th man hustle type player.

yao and jefferson. this would have been an interesting match up. i feel even when yao mings healthy, jefferson can use his strength and speed on yao ming, and can score without a problem. yao ming will get his points (if he actually plays), but there's a reason why a GM can pair yao with wade in this year's redraft, and that is because he's out of the season.

our bench just has a lot of depth. speights is emerging as a great PF/C, he can be used to guard the laker's bigs. carlos delfino brings offense off the bench and experience. luke walton is another point forward who can help run the offense when billups is taking a break. juwan howard is another veteran presence who could make plays for jefferson. battie is not a great C, but he did a decent job playing beside dwight howard the last few seasons, and he can do the same for jefferson.

we have an advantage on:

PG - billups vs hinrich
PF - ryan gomes vs glen davis
C - jefferson vs an injured yao ming

our bench also has the advantage.

defensively, we have two great defenders covering their two best offensive players:
deng covering lewis and billups covering wade.

Yao Ming isn't injured in the re-draft. I don't know why you think he is injured.

BlondeBomber41
11-03-2009, 03:12 PM
Yao Ming isn't injured in the re-draft. I don't know why you think he is injured.

Why do you people assume that injuries dont count? Check the FAQ/Rules, never once does it state anything about injuries not counting.

thesparky33
11-03-2009, 03:27 PM
If injuries count, then can someone change my vote to the Clippers? From past redrafts I thought that it didnt count, and only counted in terms of a player being injury prone.

But if Yao is out of the lineup, then the Clippers win the series. With Yao, I think the Lakers win, but it would be close.

BlondeBomber41
11-03-2009, 04:08 PM
If injuries count, then can someone change my vote to the Clippers? From past redrafts I thought that it didnt count, and only counted in terms of a player being injury prone.

But if Yao is out of the lineup, then the Clippers win the series. With Yao, I think the Lakers win, but it would be close.

People just assumed injuries dont count, which was stupid because its the same people who drafted like injuries counted.

If injuries didnt count, McGrady would of been a first round pick, not a 3rd or 4th or whatever he was. Yao would of gone in the top 7 and would of been damn near untouchable.

sofargone
11-03-2009, 04:42 PM
lakers

Lakerfrk
11-03-2009, 05:57 PM
People just assumed injuries dont count, which was stupid because its the same people who drafted like injuries counted.

If injuries didnt count, McGrady would of been a first round pick, not a 3rd or 4th or whatever he was. Yao would of gone in the top 7 and would of been damn near untouchable.

Hey, you should complain more... I know that you're afraid that I could challenge you...

maybe if you complain more, something will happen. :rolleyes:

P.S... You complain a lot.

Wilson
11-03-2009, 06:04 PM
If injuries don't count in the re-draft, then I think the Lakers take this. Great balance with Wade and Yao working the two man game with spot up shooters in Hinrich and Lewis.

Hinrich would make Billups work for points (won't shut him down, but will play good defense), and Luol Deng can't carry a huge scoring load. On the inside I think Yao and Davis could do a pretty good job on Jefferson and Gomes.

KnicksorBust
11-03-2009, 06:20 PM
Hey, you should complain more... I know that you're afraid that I could challenge you...

I think you might be right. His complaining is ridiculous.

1-800-STFU
11-03-2009, 06:32 PM
Injuries don't count.
Injuries don't count.
Injuries don't count.
Injuries don't count.
Injuries don't count.
Injuries don't count.
Injuries don't count.
Injuries don't count.
Injuries don't count.
Injuries don't count.

Is that clear enough???

BlondeBomber41
11-03-2009, 07:05 PM
Injuries don't count.
Injuries don't count.
Injuries don't count.
Injuries don't count.
Injuries don't count.
Injuries don't count.
Injuries don't count.
Injuries don't count.
Injuries don't count.
Injuries don't count.

Is that clear enough???

Says who? Certainly doesnt say anything like that in the rules or the FAQ. You are just assuming like the other people who think that.

BlondeBomber41
11-03-2009, 07:08 PM

These playoffs are theoretically for the 2010 playoffs, in which Yao Ming has no chance of playing in. He is done for the season, which speculation it could affect his entire career.

Nothing in the rules or the FAQ states that injuries, much less season and career threatening injuries should be ignored. NOTHING.

His injury is the only reason why you were able to acquire him via trade, yet you wanna argue that he isnt injured? BS.

Gambeezy
11-03-2009, 09:15 PM
I'm on Bombers side for this one. You guys act like injuries don't count during drafting, then you act like you forget what "injury" means when the voting roles around. Seriously, Yao is crippled right now and Al Jeff would expose your front court with the Baby down there.

1-800-STFU
11-03-2009, 10:43 PM
In EVERY SINGLE redraft i've been in players are assumed healthy. Im not thinking otherwise. If you want to think they are for your own agenda go for it but all of the sudden saying "YAO IS CRIPPLED AND DOESN'T MATTER" is just asinine and a bunch of crap to convince voters to vote for you and a poor attempt to devalue this team.

Who gives a **** it's not in the FAQ, its called common sense.

clehmun
11-03-2009, 11:04 PM
deng is close to getting a 20-20. how is he not a legit 3rd option?

injuries don't matter in a sense that players who are injury prone shouldn't be taken into account. guys like michael redd, JO, butler, etc. guys who misses 20+ games a year... their injuries won't count because chances are they'll be in the playoffs.

but when the injury is for the whole season before the season even started, thats a fact. yao is OUT FOR THE SEASON. my argument is not that he's injury PRONE, but that he's OUT FOR THE SEASON before it even started.

why do you think a GM can pair up a yao ming and wade while still have rashard lewis and hinrich? because yao's value has diminished due to his injury.

but whatever, looks like the bigger names will always win.

1-800-STFU
11-03-2009, 11:07 PM
deng is close to getting a 20-20. how is he not a legit 3rd option?

injuries don't matter in a sense that players who are injury prone shouldn't be taken into account. guys like michael redd, JO, butler, etc. guys who misses 20+ games a year... their injuries won't count because chances are they'll be in the playoffs.

but when the injury is for the whole season before the season even started, thats a fact. yao is OUT FOR THE SEASON. my argument is not that he's injury PRONE, but that he's OUT FOR THE SEASON before it even started.

why do you think a GM can pair up a yao ming and wade while still have rashard lewis and hinrich? because yao's value has diminished due to his injury.

but whatever, looks like the bigger names will always win.

It is the other GM's problem if they didn't capitalize on it.

All players are assumed healthy in every redraft i've been in. It shouldn't magically change for this one.

I do agree Deng is a #3 option, im not arguing that against you.

clehmun
11-03-2009, 11:21 PM
It is the other GM's problem if they didn't capitalize on it.

All players are assumed healthy in every redraft i've been in. It shouldn't magically change for this one.

I do agree Deng is a #3 option, im not arguing that against you.

i get your point. it's all good. i still enjoyed the redraft.

i can understand a healthy yao with wade and lewis is better than billups + jefferson + deng.

but a few people are saying even without yao ming, they can beat us? seriously?!

wade and lewis can beat billups, al jefferson, and deng in a 7 game series?

that's just homer.

homestarunner93
11-03-2009, 11:50 PM
BB41, stop being a *****. Injuries don't count in a Redraft. Never have, never will.