PDA

View Full Version : Paul Pierce is playing the best ball of his career & should be in MVP discussion

ko8e24
11-01-2009, 09:34 PM
The guy looks like he is in the best shape of his life physically, majority of his shots are on-target, his post game is getting solid, his post moves aren't too bad, and he's playing with poise, patience, confidence, and an overall high basketball IQ. I know it's early on in the season, but being in his 12th season right now, I think he is playing the best ball of his career overall.

And I do feel that Pierce should be in the MVP talks with Melo, Howard, Duncan, Lebron and Kobe (and maybe Wade and Paul if each of their teams wins 55+ games) etc. if the Boston Celtics win 60+ and perhaps contend for the best record in the league.

Thoughts.

D Roses Bulls
11-01-2009, 09:56 PM
The guy looks like he is in the best shape of his life physically, majority of his shots are on-target, his post game is getting solid, his post moves aren't too bad, and he's playing with poise, patience, confidence, and an overall high basketball IQ. I know it's early on in the season, but being in his 12th season right now, I think he is playing the best ball of his career overall.

And I do feel that Pierce should be in the MVP talks with Melo, Howard, Duncan, Lebron and Kobe (and maybe Wade and Paul if each of their teams wins 55+ games) etc. if the Boston Celtics win 60+ and perhaps contend for the best record in the league.

Thoughts.

if there was an mvp for the first three games then yes maybe he would be in the discussion

tr4shb0t
11-01-2009, 10:03 PM
he had a good game tonight

havaron
11-01-2009, 10:05 PM
Pierce is playing pretty good but Iam sorry 14 pts and 7-8 rebounds for 37min a game average is middle of the pack.

mikantsass
11-01-2009, 10:12 PM

Thoughts.

I agree he is in good shape, but I've been watching Pierce play since he came to Boston and he isnt doing anything different this year versus years in the past. Only difference is that he is actually getting some recognition. As much as I would love to see Pierce in MVP talks, I just dont see it happening. The voters would never let this happen.

ManRam
11-01-2009, 10:13 PM
The Laker fan giving love to the Celtic player is great and all...

But there is absolutely no MVP discussion after 3-4 games.

magichatnumber9
11-01-2009, 10:16 PM
Paul Pierce is my pick for MVP

iggypop123
11-01-2009, 10:23 PM
no. its only 3 games. no

sofargone
11-01-2009, 10:25 PM
LOL theyve played three games there is no MVP discussion, a mod should close this. for all you know he would crack his head open next time he plays and be out for the season. MVP discussions should start in like January at the earliest.

nipo10847
11-01-2009, 10:26 PM

Thoughts.

Not a chance. Boston is the perfect example of a TEAM. They don't heavily depend on ONE player. If there is someone in MVP discussion from the celtics, it has to be KG because he is the man.

bahama0811
11-01-2009, 10:26 PM
How about we play 1/2 the season before the MVP talk starts?

_KB24_
11-01-2009, 10:44 PM
He has a better chance of winning an Oscar than a MVP award......

Kakaroach
11-01-2009, 10:46 PM
The Laker fan giving love to the Celtic player is great and all...

But there is absolutely no MVP discussion after 3-4 games. PSD: Where Wow Happens. But yeah, its just too early as of now, lets wait at least a month or two.

HuRRiCaNeS324
11-01-2009, 10:53 PM
Lol. You're saying he's playing the best ball in his entire career and should be in the MVP discussion after seeing 3 game??!! WOW

Chronz
11-01-2009, 11:14 PM
I disagreed with everything youve said, this isnt the best play of his career because hes gone through some really good 4 game streaks in the past, lets not act like hes going to play like this all year, and there are zero mvp talks in the leagues opening month.

ko8e24
11-01-2009, 11:24 PM
ok ok, plz, dont everyone flame me for my opinion, lol. Im just indicating the fact that u don't have to be flashy in order to be an mvp candidate. but wutever. just an opinion. nothing concrete obviously

jim51990
11-01-2009, 11:33 PM
prob wont happen but i was at the game tonight and he looked as good as ive seen him play in years

Ragun
11-01-2009, 11:34 PM
pierce is amazing. one of my favourite players. its crazy how he plays against the best wings in the game.

JordansBulls
11-01-2009, 11:40 PM
Source: Yahoosports - Paul Pierce says he's the best player in the world (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Paul-Pierce-says-he-s-the-best-player-in-the-wor?urn=nba,96670)

BTownTeamsRKing
11-01-2009, 11:46 PM
Pierce is solid. best way to put it.

He is the best captain in the NBA. he plays his role so well and leads this team so well.

goku
11-01-2009, 11:53 PM
Not a chance. Boston is the perfect example of a TEAM. They don't heavily depend on ONE player. If there is someone in MVP discussion from the celtics, it has to be KG because he is the man.

how is kg the man when paul pierce has the ball in his hands at the end of the game he is bostons closer

SA5195
11-01-2009, 11:54 PM
For some reason, I can't picture Pierce holding the award, but anything can happen.

sofargone
11-02-2009, 12:10 AM
For some reason, I can't picture Pierce holding the award, but anything can happen.

this cant

Jahari Kavi
11-02-2009, 01:59 AM
pierce is a great player and a future HOF, but he still doesn't do enough to be an MVP of his team......

Duncan = Donkey
11-02-2009, 03:01 AM
wow really he has an absolutley ZERO chance of winning MVP. just no where close to it

slipcid
11-02-2009, 03:46 AM
can you pass me the joint OP? i mean it must be the kush..:laugh:

Raph12
11-02-2009, 04:18 AM
If ranked in order of importance, I'd go with; Garnett, Pierce and then Allen/Rondo in that order... I wouldn't give any Celtic my MVP vote, there isn't any one superior player to even call Team MVP, let alone League MVP.

RaiderLakersA's
11-02-2009, 11:09 AM
No, we are NOT having a discussion about MVP's after only the FIRST WEEK of the season.

Child please!

JasonJohnHorn
11-02-2009, 11:39 AM
Why are we even discussing who should get MVP less than a week into the season?

magichatnumber9
11-02-2009, 11:49 AM
I am glad all the people crying that it is to early left the forum. If its to early for you then don't open the thread.

thecure
11-02-2009, 11:59 AM
um...yeah...Pierce...nono, wait...Channing Frye...hold on...yeah...Gallinari or.... Gee, it's hard to pick after just three games... personally I would go with Ryan Anderson as my 3 games deep MVP.

69centers
11-02-2009, 12:08 PM
Pierce is usually in the top 10-20 names when MVP talks come up every year. He'll have to keep up this level for him to be in top 5 consideration, but yes, after 4 games, he looks better than anyone in the NBA right now. His 20 points in the 3rd quarter the other night was incredible. He is also a monster on the boards lately, more than I've seen him in the past few years.

Raph12
11-02-2009, 12:56 PM
Pierce is usually in the top 10-20 names when MVP talks come up every year. He'll have to keep up this level for him to be in top 5 consideration, but yes, after 4 games, he looks better than anyone in the NBA right now. His 20 points in the 3rd quarter the other night was incredible. He is also a monster on the boards lately, more than I've seen him in the past few years.

Ummm... can you say "Carmelo Anthony" or "Lebron James"...

Ni55anpat
11-02-2009, 01:14 PM
He is talking now because he couldnt do **** without ray and kg. Greatest player my ***, will never be in the top 100 players even.

BouGa
11-02-2009, 02:12 PM
He is talking now because he couldnt do **** without ray and kg. Greatest player my ***, will never be in the top 100 players even.

Pierce averaged 25/6/6 during his career without the big 3.

People really need to learn stuff before they post. He was an unknown monster in Boston.

BTownTeamsRKing
11-02-2009, 03:22 PM
if anyone noticed, other than Celtics fans, only fans in our division have something good to say about Pierce. thats bc they seen him rip out their hearts and step on it for the last 10 years. yes pre-big 3 era.

Pierce is 3rd all time scoring in Celtics history. Behind Havlichek and Bird.

I'd say he is one of the greatest of all time if he 3rd best on a team that has so much winning history as the Celtics.

AK-50
11-02-2009, 03:27 PM
never liked the celtics but liked Perice but lost respect for him when he said he should be a top all-time player

Raidaz4Life
11-02-2009, 03:34 PM
Are you kidding? Is this a joke?

Corey
11-02-2009, 03:42 PM
No one on the Celtics is going to be considered for MVP because the touches get spread around so much.

Lebron, Wade, Melo and others are much more likely for MVP because they have the ability to shoot 20 times per game because they don't have all the necessary pieces around them.

zambo4president
11-02-2009, 03:43 PM
No way. Melo.

Giantwarrior
11-02-2009, 04:17 PM
Its going to be Melo, Lebron or Howard

i dont think anyone on the Celtics will win it. too many stars on one team. Thats always the excuse when it comes to voting.

bigsams50
11-02-2009, 04:41 PM
Source: Yahoosports - Paul Pierce says he's the best player in the world (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Paul-Pierce-says-he-s-the-best-player-in-the-wor?urn=nba,96670)

^ Was this really needed?

If he wins an MVP award, its gonna be finals MVP.

RaiderLakersA's
11-02-2009, 04:49 PM
I am glad all the people crying that it is to early left the forum. If its to early for you then don't open the thread.

"Don't start none, won't be none!" ;)