PDA

View Full Version : How scary are the Magic?

Pages : [1] 2

D Roses Bulls
11-01-2009, 05:21 PM
They beat Toronto today 125-116 in Toronto without Lewis, VC, and Pietrus to improve to 3-0. So three starters down, only 9 guys traveled to Toronto. Reddick stepped up with 27 points, torching Hedo Turkoglu. It seems like no who goes down somebody else steps up. I know it's only 3 games in, but this is the deepest and most talented team in the NBA so far. Once they really start to mesh well and become more familiar with each other, just imagine how scary they can really be. So how scary do you think this team could be and if they can improve on how they are playing, how do you rank them against L.A., San Antonio, Boston, and ect?

Toenail Clipper
11-01-2009, 05:24 PM
Dwight Howard is scary to look at

theuuord
11-01-2009, 05:27 PM
you mean without VC, Lewis, and Pietrus. just don't want to confuse anyone.

i was actually just thinking about making this thread. they are very, very scary. but on the other hand, beating the Sixers, Nets, and Raptors - even as decisively as they did - isn't a major challenge for a top-5 team.

i'm excited for their matchup with Cleveland. that's their first real serious test (although Shard will still be out).

Bruno
11-01-2009, 05:30 PM
They're the deepest team in the league. Right now Boston and Orlando are looking like the best teams in the east.

Basel
11-01-2009, 05:31 PM
Orlando is a great team, but I just dont think they have the leader to beat aveteran and poised team like the Celtics or Lakers.

D Roses Bulls
11-01-2009, 05:35 PM

i was actually just thinking about making this thread. they are very, very scary. but on the other hand, beating the Sixers, Nets, and Raptors - even as decisively as they did - isn't a major challenge for a top-5 team.

i'm excited for their matchup with Cleveland. that's their first real serious test (although Shard will still be out).

yeah i edited and switched it to without. even with playing those teams, you gotta understand they just beat toronto who is suppose to be a real good team this year with 9 guys and without 3 starters in toronto. i mean it shows how talented and deep this team really is. the score opening night against the sixers with a healthy elton brand and from a team who wasi n the playoffs last year was deceiving cause even though the magic only won by 16, they put all of their bench guys in mid way through 3rd quarter up by 33. maybe they havent played the best teams, but two of the teams they just beat are two teams who could be playoff teams, one already was. i am real impressed by them. they really look scary for not just the east, but the rest of the NBA

Basel
11-01-2009, 05:37 PM

Its not a test because Orlando has demonstrated they can beat the Cavaliers.

A real test IMO is how they'll handle thos games against a healthy Boston team.

theuuord
11-01-2009, 05:38 PM
yeah i edited and switched it to without. even with playing those teams, you gotta understand they just beat toronto who is suppose to be a real good team this year with 9 guys and without 3 starters in toronto. i mean it shows how talented and deep this team really is. the score opening night against the sixers with a healthy elton brand and from a team who wasi n the playoffs last year was deceiving cause even though the magic only won by 16, they put all of their bench guys in mid way through 3rd quarter up by 33. maybe they havent played the best teams, but two of the teams they just beat are two teams who could be playoff teams, one already was. i am real impressed by them. they really look scary for not just the east, but the rest of the NBA

i've watched two of their games so far and i agree that they look extremely impressive. i'm just holding my breath, because it is still very early in the season.
i mean, oklahoma city hasn't lost a game yet. there's a lot of season left.

D Roses Bulls
Orlando is a great team, but I just dont think they have the leader to beat aveteran and poised team like the Celtics or Lakers.

i think the finals experience last year helped dwight and jameer. when the lakers won in orlando, dwight and jameer stayed out on the floor to learn from that experience and i think it only helped them and made them more mature and i think they are ready to take that next step. dont let the age fool you, some people grow up faster then others.

theuuord
Its not a test because Orlando has demonstrated they can beat the Cavaliers.

Not these Cavaliers.

A real test IMO is how they'll handle thos games against a healthy Boston team.

also a good test.

D Roses Bulls
11-01-2009, 05:40 PM
i've watched two of their games so far and i agree that they look extremely impressive. i'm just holding my breath, because it is still very early in the season.
i mean, oklahoma city hasn't lost a game yet. there's a lot of season left.

yeah theres still a lot of season left and thats why i only said 3 games in, but the magic look like they are on a mission. they seemed focused and determined and the last team i saw this focused was last year with the lakers. i know its only three games in, but they seem so determined to win by what ive seen through the first three games. i watched them a lot last year and they never looked this determined last year from this year. they are taking every game seriously which was their one default from last year

Hoopsadvocate
11-01-2009, 05:47 PM
I said it in the predictions thread and i'll say it again there the deepest team in the NBA and right now hands down the team to beat with boston a close second. Come playoff time everyone will see how the their depth will come up big because not only will it mean many quality players but a rested core of Howard, VC, Nelson, and Lewis. Wouldnt be surprised if they win it all.

aman_13
11-01-2009, 05:52 PM
They are very deep, but man they shoot so many threes. They don't miss either.:mad:

D Roses Bulls
11-01-2009, 05:57 PM
They are very deep, but man they shoot so many threes. They don't miss either.:mad:

lol....... yeah 17 three's. you gotta hand it to the magic. they built a team the smart way. surround their all star big man with a lot of shooters. thats the smart way to do it.

Basel
11-01-2009, 05:59 PM
I still think they need to establish their low post game on a consistent basis. But we'll see come playoff time. There were times they just fell in love with their three point shooting ignoring the fact Dwight can give the, 20-30 points with a properly designed/executed play.

tugboat424
11-01-2009, 06:02 PM
So can people please stop saying that they think Boston has the best bench in the NBA? I personally don't think it's even close. Especially since the birth of JJ Redick from the corpse of a NCAA All-Star to full blown NBA role player!

D Roses Bulls
11-01-2009, 06:21 PM
So can people please stop saying that they think Boston has the best bench in the NBA? I personally don't think it's even close. Especially since the birth of JJ Redick from the corpse of a NCAA All-Star to full blown NBA role player!

agreed........

bigsams50
11-01-2009, 06:23 PM
I didnt know orlando was this deep. Man are they good

D Roses Bulls
11-01-2009, 06:26 PM
I didnt know orlando was this deep. Man are they good

yeah i knew they would be better then last year and imo return to the finals, but damn they look too good

GatorKid117
11-01-2009, 06:29 PM
While I'm extremely happy the Magic won I can't help but notice one glaring problem. OUR DEFENSE STINKS! Toronto, New Jersey, the 4th quarter of Philly, we have been a revolving door at that end during those stretches. It is extremely frustrating to watch. Now our offense, o my geesus. Nothing to complain. We need to tighten up though to have a chance to beat Boston/LA.

But yes, our bench=beast.

D Roses Bulls
11-01-2009, 06:41 PM
While I'm extremely happy the Magic won I can't help but notice one glaring problem. OUR DEFENSE STINKS! Toronto, New Jersey, the 4th quarter of Philly, we have been a revolving door at that end during those stretches. It is extremely frustrating to watch. Now our offense, o my geesus. Nothing to complain. We need to tighten up though to have a chance to beat Boston/LA.

But yes, our bench=beast.

today the magic were down three starters. the other games especially philly, the magic put in reserves. the starters werent even really playing at all mid way through the 3rd quarter that game

JordansBulls
11-01-2009, 06:43 PM

Yeah but they beat Toronto in Toronto without 2 stars on the team.

BaustinSali08
11-01-2009, 06:45 PM
With a name like Magic how can you not put fear in your opponents.:p

mikantsass
11-01-2009, 06:48 PM
They aint winning any trophy if they keep giving up 116 points. They need to learn to play some D.

Lakersfan2483
11-01-2009, 06:57 PM
A lot of people are picking Boston to come out of the east and for good reason, but I am picking Orlando. I think Boston has a great team, but I think their age may catch up with them as the season progresses. As far as Orlando is concerned, they have a very talented team and are battle tested because of their finals run last year. I like the diff. personnel they acquired this past off season and they have a closer in Vince Carter. They are going to be a difficult team to play come playoff time.

lavell12
11-01-2009, 07:04 PM
Boston and San Antonio are on their last legs. Yes they are good but they are old and have had injuries to their key players the last few years.

D Roses Bulls
11-01-2009, 07:05 PM
They aint winning any trophy if they keep giving up 116 points. They need to learn to play some D.

the celtics would give up a 116 points if their best perimeter defender and two of their best players were out of the game too

Raps08-09 Champ
11-01-2009, 07:08 PM
I think the Raps could have won today if they didn't try to double Howard and played him straight up 1 on 1 and the other guys stayed on the shooters.

I'd rather have Howard score 50 point because that would mean they wouldn't score as much 3's and the other guys wouldn't be as effective.

GatorKid117
11-01-2009, 07:09 PM
today the magic were down three starters. the other games especially philly, the magic put in reserves. the starters werent even really playing at all mid way through the 3rd quarter that game

I understand that. But looking at the game, rotations were slow, Dwight looked lazy, and everyone just kinda looked outta wack. Having Pietrus/Shard in wouldn't have changed much. VC is about as good as a defender as JJ so its a wash there as well.

For the Philly game, they gave up about 40 pts in the 4th quarter. I don't care who's in or whether your trying or not but that should not happen.

I guess what I'm getting at is we've only looked really sharp on one side of the ball. I want to see a game where we're clicking on both sides before I say we are the best. It will getter better as the season progresses but right now, Boston as looked better.

Raps08-09 Champ
11-01-2009, 07:09 PM
BTW, the poll is kinda weird.

I don't think they are the best or 2nd best but I still think they are great.

Think your polls through before making them up.

GatorKid117
11-01-2009, 07:12 PM
I think the Raps could have won today if they didn't try to double Howard and played him straight up 1 on 1 and the other guys stayed on the shooters.

I'd rather have Howard score 50 point because that would mean they wouldn't score as much 3's and the other guys wouldn't be as effective.

I think what killed you more was the dribble penetration. Jameer/Redick were getting into the lane at will and dishing it off for the open looks. Calderon has to get better soon on the D end if you guys want to compete in the east.

D Roses Bulls
11-01-2009, 07:16 PM
BTW, the poll is kinda weird.

I don't think they are the best or 2nd best but I still think they are great.

Think your polls through before making them up.

im sorry a poll confused you!!! its pretty self explanatory. either they are the top team in the league right now, or one other team is better then them because the celtics are playing great ball too or people can just say they are just playing great, but not an elite team even though they are looking like one. pretty easy

Raps08-09 Champ
11-01-2009, 07:20 PM
im sorry a poll confused you!!! its pretty self explanatory. either they are the top team in the league right now, or one other team is better then them because the celtics are playing great ball too or people can just say they are just playing great, but not an elite team even though they are looking like one. pretty easy

Not really.

You just messed up.

It's like you are saying if you are the 3rd best team, they aren't great but only good.

I think they are 3rd in the whole league but I still think they are elite. You never gave that option though.

Raps08-09 Champ
11-01-2009, 07:22 PM
I think what killed you more was the dribble penetration. Jameer/Redick were getting into the lane at will and dishing it off for the open looks. Calderon has to get better soon on the D end if you guys want to compete in the east.

No.

JJ was camping in the 3 point line because they had to double Howard.

The Magic got 21 more points that us because of 3 pointers. We lost by 10.

If we didn't double Howard, they wouldn't have made as much 3's.

D Roses Bulls
11-01-2009, 07:36 PM
Not really.

You just messed up.

It's like you are saying if you are the 3rd best team, they aren't great but only good.

I think they are 3rd in the whole league but I still think they are elite. You never gave that option though.

the last one wasnt intended for third place. because there is only three choices doesnt mean the last one is third place. its just suppose to mean good, but not great like it says. it doesnt really matter though, its just a poll

sofargone
11-01-2009, 07:39 PM
theyre deeper than a hookers *****

D Roses Bulls
11-01-2009, 07:47 PM

:facepalm: the face palm isnt because it was a dumb statement, the face palm is because im puttin my hand in my face cause im laughing so hard. lol best line ive heard in a minute, lmfao

ManRam
11-01-2009, 07:52 PM
I think it's not fair to any team to really assume who the top team, or top two teams are this early. They've played three games.

But they have to be terrifying. JJ lit it up today. Anderson is a scoring machine...and they are gonna end up being bench players. Easily the deepest team in the NBA. When Shard comes back...watch out.

I'm incredibly excited about this team.

And whoever is complaining about their defense...they were a top 5 team last year. They'll be fine when they are healthy. Pietrus (our best wing defender) didn't play. Shard's defense is a lot better than Anderson's. Carter was out today, who isn't a terrible defender either. They'll finish in the top 5 by season's end. Fear not.

Bluffmasta
11-01-2009, 07:53 PM
what if when carter and lewis come back the team doesnt mesh and starts to struggle ?

MackSnackWrap
11-01-2009, 07:57 PM

lmfao nice line :clap:

sofargone
11-01-2009, 07:58 PM
what if when carter and lewis come back the team doesnt mesh and starts to struggle ?

unlikely, they were doing good with carter, id imagine there wouldnt be a problem

ManRam
11-01-2009, 08:01 PM

Lewis isn't the guy Vince wouldn't mesh with. If anyone it would have been Howard or Nelson. Shard knows his role. He is a great team player. Vince has shown every sign that he wants to be a part of the team, and not just be the team...he's been a great teammate so far. I don't think Lewis and Vince will have any problems whatsoever.

BADKNEES
11-01-2009, 08:02 PM
It only took VC 2 games to get hurt which may be a record for him. If Wince can man up and take his skirt off, the Magic will win the East. My crystal ball has them Wince missing about 20 games with hangnails and chapped lips which results in them finishing in the middle of the Eastern pack.

ManRam
11-01-2009, 08:05 PM
It only took VC 2 games to get hurt which may be a record for him. If Wince can man up and take his skirt off, the Magic will win the East. My crystal ball has them Wince missing about 20 games with hangnails and chapped lips which results in them finishing in the middle of the Eastern pack.

So beating Toronto, a team the people here at PSD voted to the ECF finals, without three starters...isn't impressive? Even without Vince (a little ankle sprain is no biggie), the Magic probably are still a top 3-4 team. Their bench is just heinously good.

BADKNEES
11-01-2009, 08:15 PM
So beating Toronto, a team the people here at PSD voted to the ECF finals, without three starters...isn't impressive? Even without Vince (a little ankle sprain is no biggie), the Magic probably are still a top 3-4 team. Their bench is just heinously good.

They are a very very deep team without question. Beating up on toronto is impressive stuff but it's early and teams are not in rhythm. Wince is where they will turn for big buckets in close games down the stretch and into the playoffs. He has to do what Turk did. He has that ability...(wait for it...wait....) BUT does he have the heart to step up? Time will tell.

ManRam
11-01-2009, 08:19 PM
They are a very very deep team without question. Beating up on toronto is impressive stuff but it's early and teams are not in rhythm. Wince is where they will turn for big buckets in close games down the stretch and into the playoffs. He has to do what Turk did. He has that ability...(wait for it...wait....) BUT does he have the heart to step up? Time will tell.

Fair enough. He was brought in, in my opinion, to be the go-to scorer that we lacked last year. Hedo was our finisher, but he wasn't consistent enough throughout 48 minutes. Vince has to replace his late 4th quarter scoring in close games. That is definitely a question still looming. Time will tell.

*Superman*
11-01-2009, 08:22 PM
Anytime JJ puts up 27 its scary...

flea
11-01-2009, 08:25 PM
What if Chinese radicals break both of Pau Gasol's kneecaps, Kobe "asserts himself" on some woman and goes to prison, Shaq continues to eat and goes north of 325 pounds, Tim Duncan gets his eyes gouged by angry refs, Manu Ginoboli finally breaks an ankle in his flopping routine, Lebron forgets how to play basketball, KG slams his head too hard into the goalpost and gets a concussion, and Ray Allen abandons basketball to make another Spike Lee movie???? What then???? I guess we can hand the Magic the trophy.

D Roses Bulls
11-01-2009, 09:23 PM
Anytime JJ puts up 27 its scary...

so true right there

HouRealCoach
11-01-2009, 09:34 PM
I cant wait to see Orlando vs. Celtics in the ECF

jimbobjarree
11-01-2009, 09:37 PM
frighteningly so

D Roses Bulls
11-01-2009, 09:58 PM

yeah.... that would be a great great series.

lavell12
11-01-2009, 10:14 PM
I think the Magic are too good for Dwight to win the MVP. This is one of the deepest teams in history. They play everyone on the team and they all can play.

shep33
11-01-2009, 10:23 PM
they basically always have 4 guys on the court that can shoot 3's. I've never seen a team built like this before. They are the deepest team in the league... but their Kryptonyte is the Celtics...

they have 3 bigs that can slow down d12, and I think KG, Perk, or Sheed won't need double help as much as other teams do against Howard. Once they play Boston, its up to VC and Lewis to outscore, Pierce and Allen. Rondo is likely gotta slow down Nelson, but Rondo's not gonna score much. But yeah, its pretty much in the hands of VC, Rashard, and Nelson to outplay, Rondo, Ray Allen, and Pierce.

sofargone
11-01-2009, 10:36 PM

the magic have bench players that could be starters on other teams (barnes) and redick stepped it up today, beating toronto at this point in the season shouldnt be hard, they need time to mesh, keep in mind only bosh, bargz and calderon remain from last year...they have players who could light you up with threes thats the difference. the raptors have no answer for redick and nelson, once they get going.

MagicBucsSox
11-01-2009, 10:40 PM

i dig that,as a magic fan i agree
but thats what we're hopin vc has

aman_13
11-01-2009, 10:41 PM
Lets see here... the Raptors had a higher field goal percentage than the Magic, we shoot better at the three point line, we out rebounded them, and we still lose. The Magic take way too many threes in my opinion, they won today because they made 17 threes. It actually would of been better if Carter played today, because i don't think Carter would of hurt us from the three point line like Reddick did today.

D Roses Bulls
11-01-2009, 10:54 PM
Lets see here... the Raptors had a higher field goal percentage than the Magic, we shoot better at the three point line, we out rebounded them, and we still lose. The Magic take way too many threes in my opinion, they won today because they made 17 threes. It actually would of been better if Carter played today, because i don't think Carter would of hurt us from the three point line like Reddick did today.

no, but he would of hurt you on the drives, and with the 15 footer. :)

sofargone
11-01-2009, 11:06 PM
if carter played he would rip us up cause he feeds of the hate...you know its true man.

JordansBulls
11-01-2009, 11:15 PM

Agreed

D Roses Bulls
11-02-2009, 12:20 AM
if carter played he would rip us up cause he feeds of the hate...you know its true man.

very true..... you saw what he was doing to NJ before he got injured

Raph12
11-02-2009, 03:42 AM
Alright I've skimmed over the previous posts and have some answers/responses to some of the questions asked...

Thread Question - Yes, this team is damn scary, anytime a team can take out 3 of their best 6 players and beat another strong team (Toronto; many think they will finish 5th in the East... some even think they will win 55+ games *coughs**muffled voice* sofargone *coughs again* ;)) then you gotta be a little scared. Btw for guys saying "oh but the Raptors haven't meshed yet"... I got news for you, neither have the Magic. Even though they've looked great so far, they commit WAY too many turnovers and have played horrific defense so far, look for them to fine-tune their game as the season goes on.

Veteran Leadership for the Playoffs - Jason Williams and Vince Carter are both guys who've had great success in this league in very different ways. Williams was the PG for the '06 Champions, the Miami Heat; while Carter has been terrific, always escalading his game in the playoffs. Plus the Finals run will provide them with experience and the motivation to try and win it all.

Chemistry after Lewis returns - This won't be an issue, Carter has shown how he'd play with this Magic team and he knows what his role is; Lewis knows what he brings to the game and what the Magic expect from him. The biggest chemistry issue was expected to be between Nelson, Carter and Howard; but as we've seen, all three play very well together and know how to feed off one-another.

Carter's Health - Carter has missed 11 games in the last 5 seasons, hardly think stepping on someone's ankle two games in, is "vintage-Carter"... Carter's health is important, but everyone on this team is replaceable, except for Howard. Carter goes down, Pietrus and Redick fill his shoes; Lewis goes down, Anderson and Barnes fill his shoes; Nelson goes down, Williams and AJ fill his shoes; but if Dwight "Superman" Howard goes down, game over.

Defense - The Magic were the best team in the league last season at the defensive end, but this season, things aren't going as well as planned to say the least, is this cause for concern?... no. Howard is an elite defender; Pietrus and Barnes are terrific; Carter, Redick, Nelson, Lewis and Gortat are good; while Bass, Williams, Johnson, Anderson and Foyle are avg or above-avg at best. I think it'll just take some time for these guys to figure out where they need to be on that end; personally, I don't see a reason why this team can't finish Top 3 at the defensive end again this season.

Living and dying by the 3 - The Magic are often critisized for shooting too many 3s, but this is just who they are and why they're so effective. Howard is often doubled and tripled, so when he dishes the ball out someone is often open and since this is the NBA, you don't pass up open shots. Besides Howard and Gortat, every player on this team can shoot lights out from 3pt land, while Bass and Foyle have sweet mid-range jumpers. With the Magic you pick your poison; let a 275lb guy with the athleticism of any player in the league (Howard) play his man one-on-one or risk the open 3-pointer from one of their several sharpshooters (Lewis, Nelson, Carter, Redick, Anderson, Pietrus, Williams, Barnes or Johnson).

MVP Talk (Dwight's Supporting Cast) - Dwight Howard was the DPOY, he also led the league in rebounding and blocked shots last season; but Howard arguably has the strongest supporting cast in the NBA, so does that hurt his chances to win MVP?... no. This team is Howard's perfect team, Howard isn't a wing player nor is he a PG, so he needs the players around him to be able to get him the ball where he wants it and shoot the ball when he passes it. Howard is the leader of this team, without question; his impact on every game he plays is so large on both ends of the floor, remove/replace Howard, this team crumbles. Just think about some of the things the Magic would be deprived of without Howard; they'd get a lot less easy baskets, open 3s, putbacks, offensive rebounds, defensive rebounds and blocked/altered shots. When it comes right down to it, Howard is the Most Valuable Player on this team and this team would never be as successful without him, no matter who replaces him.

Magic VS Celtics/Cavaliers ECFs - We will have to just wait and see...

Tha Truth
11-02-2009, 04:04 AM
Very Scary.

Reasons:

Dwight Howard.
Full of Three Point Shooters
Very Deep.

MTar786
11-02-2009, 10:47 AM
as of right now its

boston and orlando tied at first imo.. then the lakers

bostons D is great and the amount they win by is very impressive.. but i dont know if its more impressive than an orlando team destroying teams without their main players and they still have to get their chemistry together.. that bench could possibly be the best bench of the decade. Not only that.. but they DONT miss 3's

after watching the atlanta game yesterday.. the lakers proved how good they can be when artest goes into lockdown D mode.. the lakers still need to mesh.. and once they get pau back we'll have a better understanding as to where they would rank amongst the elite.. but to me it seems at the end its gonna be all about boston orlando and la

iggypop123
11-02-2009, 03:46 PM
they will remain scary but at the end of the day howards offense hasnt improved in an amaizing way and they live on the 3. could get you to the finals but a tandem of a healthy bynum and gasol could present problems defesnsively to howards offense. without getting dunks he struggles

Raph12
11-02-2009, 04:16 PM
they will remain scary but at the end of the day howards offense hasnt improved in an amaizing way and they live on the 3. could get you to the finals but a tandem of a healthy bynum and gasol could present problems defesnsively to howards offense. without getting dunks he struggles

Two of the 4 games they lost were very close... he shot alot of freethrows against the Lakers, with that being said, on Sunday Howard shot 14 of 16 from the charity stripe against the Raps and expects to shoot over 70% for the season, he's also passing much better out of double teams, Nelson who torched LA in the season last year will be healthy and their bench is alot stronger... I haven't even said a word about Vince Carter yet.

If there is a Magic-Lakers rematch with everyone healthy, I predict a Magic victory... you see, Artest makes LA a bit better, but Carter, Anderson, Barnes, Williams and Bass make Orlando alot better, things may be a bit different this time around...

JasonJohnHorn
11-02-2009, 04:25 PM
Dwight Howard doesn't have enough of a reptoire in the post, let alone any range and that will hurt them in the playoffs when the Magic play against teams with smart front court defenders (like Boston), or teams that have several big guys they can throw at him during a game (like Miami), or Atlanta, whose got the next best thing to Dwight Howard in Al Horford, or Cleveland, who has three different guys they can throw at Howard, not the least of whom is Shaq. They barely beat a Garnett-less Boston last year, they barely beat an Elton Brand-less 76ers club, and it was their size on the wing that helped them beat Cleveland last year (Lewis and Turkaglu are both 6-10 while Lee had a couple inches in West), and this year they have lost that edge since Cleveland picked up Anthony Parker and Jamario Moon. Orlando will struggle to keep the position they held last year and Orlando fans shouldn't expect a playoff run as deep as 09.

mavwar53
11-02-2009, 04:38 PM
they are top 5 maybe top 3, so top 2 I can't say that forsure but a great top 5 team ya. The multiple choice options are not great.

*Superman*
11-02-2009, 04:39 PM
Dwight Howard doesn't have enough of a reptoire in the post, let alone any range and that will hurt them in the playoffs when the Magic play against teams with smart front court defenders (like Boston), or teams that have several big guys they can throw at him during a game (like Miami), or Atlanta, whose got the next best thing to Dwight Howard in Al Horford, or Cleveland, who has three different guys they can throw at Howard, not the least of whom is Shaq. They barely beat a Garnett-less Boston last year, they barely beat an Elton Brand-less 76ers club, and it was their size on the wing that helped them beat Cleveland last year (Lewis and Turkaglu are both 6-10 while Lee had a couple inches in West), and this year they have lost that edge since Cleveland picked up Anthony Parker and Jamario Moon. Orlando will struggle to keep the position they held last year and Orlando fans shouldn't expect a playoff run as deep as 09.

Celtics didn't have Garnett, we didn't have Nelson. Now if you want to argue who has more of an impact that's another thing. Seriously, Elton Brand-less Sixes. They are better without him. We still have Shard and upgraded Turk for Carter. I rather give up a few inches and get someone more consistent and BETTER then everything Turk does. We still have a mis-match at the 4 and the team just got better. You want a miss-match, we can put Shard at the 3 and Anderson at the 4. How you like that?

NYKnickFanatic
11-02-2009, 04:46 PM
They are definitely not the best team in the NBA and the Lakers and Celtics are the top two teams in the NBA.

So option 3 for me.

tugboat424
11-02-2009, 04:49 PM
The big difference with this team is that not only can they present the mismatch still (Shard at the 4) that gave so many teams problems, but they can ALSO go conventional! Something they really couldn't do well last year.

The whole Vince for Turk thing is still to be seen, although all early signs are promising. I think Turk was a better fit for what our team did and the matchup problems it presented, but I think it evens out with all the new depth we have.

xxxplicit69
11-02-2009, 05:13 PM
The magic are scary enough to be in the eastern conferance against boston this year since cleveland still looks shakey.

D Roses Bulls
11-02-2009, 05:13 PM
the facts are:

1.last year orlando didnt have jameer. dont over look what he does for them.
2.the magic this year still prevent mismatch problems for the simple fact they have so many shooters on that team its hard to cover all of them and not double down on dwight.
3. hey did get rid of hedo, but ryan anderson so far has stepped up and its just another 6'11" guy who can shoot who is going to create problems for the defense.
4. they are deeper and better then they were last year.
5. and i think this is the most important, they are more mature and imo have learned from last year because thay had that taste of the finals and they know what to expect this year so i think it makes them a lot more scarier.

8kobe24
11-02-2009, 05:22 PM
I have to admit that I am impressed with this team. Many though VC might ruin the chemistry but he has done the opposite. IMO it's a toss up between the C's and the Magic coming from the east this year.

macc
11-02-2009, 05:27 PM
I think the thing that seperates the Magic from the rest of the league is their bench. People can argue who has the best starting 5 but it's the Magic bench that help them pull away in games. When the opposing teams all star/super star is out of the game they are normally struggling for offense whereas the Magic team isn't having that problem.

Wheather it's Bass in an iso (which he's great at, ask Chris Bosh) Reddick doing his Ray Allen Impersonation running around screens and putting up a quick J, or J Will finding the open cutting man or just taking the shot himself. We have many many ways to score on you. So you don't have much of a drop off, if any when our Subs come in.

So far we've played three games and have an 11 man rotation with 9 of them playing 20+ min per game and playing great. Gortat at 15 min per.

When Lewis comes back I honestly don't know who will be the odd man out. I couldn't even cast my vote on who should be the odd man out because they all have made strong cases for themselves. I mean seriously, Ryan Anderson is our 2nd leading scorer so far. Remember, that "throw in guy" on the Carter trade.

Anyways I'm excited for the season. We have a team thats built to sustain an injury. Unlike the other contenders. Plus since injury is part of the game you almost expect somone to go down at some point during the year. If that happens to us we have an 8 mill exp to trade at the deadline as a backup plan if need be.

Its a good year to be a Magic fan. :)

MackSnackWrap
11-02-2009, 05:41 PM
There very very good no doubt top 3 in the league

magichatnumber9
11-02-2009, 05:43 PM
They are championship caliber team no doubt.

D Roses Bulls
11-02-2009, 05:48 PM
magic= deepest team in the NBA. watch out celtics and especially the lakers during finals time cause they are coming for you

FarOutIos
11-02-2009, 05:54 PM
Over 70% of the voters think they are a top 2 team?... after a week of games?

Being an outside shooting team is great, but it can go in streaks. There are hot streaks and cold streaks. We have no idea how long each will last for this team, or how bad they will be when they are bad.

Also, with 3 starters out, you have bench players trying harder to fill the void. Many players can fill in for a starter better than they can play on the bench (See the John Salmons rule).

So, we have NO idea how the chemistry will be affected when all is said and done. Will VC be trying to take over the games and disrupt the flow? Will Dwight be the go to guy in the post when the game counts?... and if so, will he be able to hit his free throws to win the game in the final seconds?

Having said that, they definitely have the talent to be a contender. Definitely in the top 8 teams in the NBA. Probably top 5. Maybe top 2.

SteveNash
11-02-2009, 05:56 PM
Beating three average to bad teams is supposed to make them scary?

So Redick has a career game, odds are he doesn't come close to that again.

D Roses Bulls
11-02-2009, 05:59 PM
Beating three average to bad teams is supposed to make them scary?

So Redick has a career game, odds are he doesn't come close to that again.

the fact is they have beat those teams without rashard lewis. they all seem to be playing good together even though it has only been three games, but the chemistry isnt even a 100 percent yet. oh and dont forget they played toronto without three starters. two of the teams they have played could be playoff teams too so dont over look those facts

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-02-2009, 06:02 PM
My granny could beat the raptors on his own

D Roses Bulls
11-02-2009, 06:03 PM

i havent seen yo grannys bio on NBA.com

flea
11-02-2009, 06:04 PM
Probably because "he" would be worrying about how "he" gave birth to one of your parents.

tugboat424
11-02-2009, 06:08 PM

Being an outside shooting team is great, but it can go in streaks. There are hot streaks and cold streaks. We have no idea how long each will last for this team, or how bad they will be when they are bad.

Also, with 3 starters out, you have bench players trying harder to fill the void. Many players can fill in for a starter better than they can play on the bench (See the John Salmons rule).

So, we have NO idea how the chemistry will be affected when all is said and done. Will VC be trying to take over the games and disrupt the flow? Will Dwight be the go to guy in the post when the game counts?... and if so, will he be able to hit his free throws to win the game in the final seconds?

Having said that, they definitely have the talent to be a contender. Definitely in the top 8 teams in the NBA. Probably top 5. Maybe top 2.

A lot of people bring up questioning their outside shooting and that they rely on it...well DUH. Look how this team is built - A dominant inside presence (albeit limited when it comes to post offense, but still, look at those numbers he still puts up. Go ahead and guard him with anyone but a Great post defender, he'll rip you to shreds) surrounded by not a couple of shooters, but an ARMY of shooters. 8 different guys can kill you from behind the 3 point line on this team.

Not to mention two bigs (Bass and Gortat) who both have a pretty solid mid range J developing.

So go ahead and doubt them ONCE again because they are a team of shooters. They proved last year making it to the finals that way. Even if a couple of guys have an off night, there are 8!!!! of them who can heat up.

Ray_R
11-02-2009, 06:14 PM
They give Freddy Krueger nightmares !!!!!(i know corny:facepalm: i just have to get it out there)

u should add serious contender on the poll

D Roses Bulls
11-02-2009, 06:18 PM
They give Freddy Krueger nightmares !!!!!(i know corny:facepalm: i just have to get it out there)

u should add serious contender on the poll

yeah i tried before. i could edit the poll. but your right

tugboat424
11-02-2009, 06:25 PM
That is definitely a drunken forum post!

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-02-2009, 06:26 PM
Probably because "he" would be worrying about how "he" gave birth to one of your parents.

HAHA lol, english is not my first language

D Roses Bulls
11-02-2009, 06:26 PM
Are you serious right now? Thats the most ignorant statement I've heard all week. I wish there was an award given out to the person who posts a comment like this. I mean I know your comment is so full of reasons "why" you think the way you do and that you went very deep into explaining your thoughts.......sarcasm

I could tear up your comment but since it's so vague and thoughtless I'll leave it at this.

The Magic are the Eastern Conference Champions, until somone strips that of them, they are still the team to beat in the East. Just like the Lakers are the world champs, until somone strips them of that they are the team to beat as well.

EXACTLY!!!!! people need to show this team some damn respect and stop saying the celtics or so on are better. like the lakers, until they are dethroned they are the EASTERN CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS

ElMarroAfamado
11-02-2009, 06:52 PM
personally i think the Magic can beat the CAVS easily...
they might have an easier time against the Celtics but since i was correct last year in predicting neither the celtics or cavs would make the finals....
i will say the same thing this year...

ilovemyangel
11-02-2009, 06:56 PM
Magic is not gonna win it this year. Maybe...in 2052?

smith&wesson
11-02-2009, 06:57 PM
howard
lewis
carter
pietrus
nelson
bass
gortat
reddick
matt barnes
ryan anderson
j williams
a johnson

thats pretty dam deep. they can beat boston imo.

ilovemyangel
11-02-2009, 07:01 PM
if being a deep team means they can win it all, i don't see how the bulls, rockets and spurs won in the past. wasn't the 2000 blazers deep as well?

ManRam
11-02-2009, 07:04 PM
if being a deep team means they can win it all, i don't see how the bulls, rockets and spurs won in the past. wasn't the 2000 blazers deep as well?

Thing is, they have one of the best starting 5 as well. Depth means nothing if you don't have a good starting 5. The Magic have the best bench in the league, and one of the best starting rotations to go along with it. That's why it's a legit advantage.

ldc62
11-02-2009, 07:07 PM
Very Scary. My pick to win the east this year. If you don't double Dwight, he will kill you. If you do double, every other player can shoot 3s...

D Roses Bulls
11-02-2009, 07:23 PM

those teams were pretty deep on the bench.

maybe your too young to remember

bulls bench early 90's

bj armstrong, stacey king, will purdue, craig hodges, scott williams.

later bulls had jason caffey, toni kukoc, steve kerr, jud buechler, bill wennington, john salley, scott burrell.

those benches werent weak. back in those days, but they also had the best players in the game on that team.

rockets has sam cassell, robert horry, kenny smith and so on.

and the spurs always had deep benches.

so i dont know what your talking about.

iggypop123
11-02-2009, 07:34 PM
its a blessing for the regular season and possible injruies but in the playoffs starters minutes usually go up about 5 min. all those guys impacts are limited. i dont see them having a 10 man rotation in the playoffs. teams do 8 man rotations doesnt matter if you are deep, a teams 6 best players are more important to another teams 10 best players

ilovemyangel
11-02-2009, 07:38 PM
i dont think the players you mentioned measure up to the magic's supposedly 'best bench in the nba'. most of them are only average at best. sam cassell and robert horry were only greenhorns when the rockets won their championship. let's not talk about the bulls, we all know why they won it.

the reason why i dont think the magic can win it at least this season because i dont think dwight howard is a legitimate low post threat.Yea, the occasional cool twirling post moves and putbacks are awesome but his consistency is not there, and his moves are very limited. and the magic simply arent playing defense. bosh had a monster double double against them, no knock on bosh, but this guy was the one who got locked up by KG last season. so...i dont really think the magic are a legitimate contender.

D Roses Bulls
11-02-2009, 07:42 PM
i dont think the players you mentioned measure up to the magic's supposedly 'best bench in the nba'. most of them are only average at best. sam cassell and robert horry were only greenhorns when the rockets won their championship. let's not talk about the bulls, we all know why they won it.

the reason why i dont think the magic can win it at least this season because i dont think dwight howard is a legitimate low post threat.Yea, the occasional cool twirling post moves and putbacks are awesome but his consistency is not there, and his moves are very limited. and the magic simply arent playing defense. bosh had a monster double double against them, no knock on bosh, but this guy was the one who got locked up by KG last season. so...i dont really think the magic are a legitimate contender.

of course they dont measure up to the magic, but back then those were really good benches for the time and dont under estimate what they did. when the spurs won, they had guys like michael finley, nick van exel, robert horry, brent barry, Manu in his prime. i mean thats a damn good bench

macc
11-02-2009, 07:52 PM

A couple of things.

He avgs over 21 pts per game while shooting around 60%. How can you say that's not consistant? Sure there is alot for him to learn on the post but reguardless, stats don't lie. He's putting up 21+ pts at a high percentage rate. I'll say it again. STATS DON'T LIE.

Second point. He doesn't need to be our goto man. That's what Vince Carter, Nelson, Lewis are for. I think Howard is at his best when he is concentrating on rebounds, blocks and just defense all together.

Ask ANY Magic fan if Howard is our goto scorer or we even expect him to be and you'll hear "no!" over and over again.

ilovemyangel
11-02-2009, 07:52 PM
but spurs won it because they had tim duncan who is/was an extremely reliable scorer, someone who can give his team a basket when they need one, but can the same be said about dwight? i dont think so.

ilovemyangel
11-02-2009, 07:55 PM
A couple of things.

He avgs over 21 pts per game while shooting around 60%. How can you say that's not consistant? Sure there is alot for him to learn on the post but reguardless, stats don't lie. He's putting up 21+ pts at a high percentage rate. I'll say it again. STATS DON'T LIE.

Second point. He doesn't need to be our goto man. That's what Vince Carter, Nelson, Lewis are for. I think Howard is at his best when he is concentrating on rebounds, blocks and just defense all together.

Ask ANY Magic fan if Howard is our goto scorer or we even expect him to be and you'll hear "no!" over and over again.

the magic is a joke. let's watch them fall apart with their supposedly goto scorer(s).

D Roses Bulls
11-02-2009, 07:56 PM
but spurs won it because they had tim duncan who is/was an extremely reliable scorer, someone who can give his team a basket when they need one, but can the same be said about dwight? i dont think so.

he had a bad finals but he was the reliable man when they needed a big basket against the celtics or cavs

D Roses Bulls
11-02-2009, 07:57 PM
the magic is a joke. let's watch them fall apart with their supposedly goto scorer(s).

winning with pretty much most of their bench the first three games doesnt exactly make them a joke. being defending eastern conference champions doesnt exactly make them a joke

ilovemyangel
11-02-2009, 07:59 PM
i agree he had a great series against the cavs, but kendrick perkins gave him fits thru'out the their series.

ilovemyangel
11-02-2009, 08:01 PM
do you know why there is only one NBA champion each year? Because all the rest doesn't matter. Eastern conference champion? Division champion?

raidercincy
11-02-2009, 08:02 PM
They beat Toronto today 125-116 in Toronto without Lewis, VC, and Pietrus to improve to 3-0. So three starters down, only 9 guys traveled to Toronto. Reddick stepped up with 27 points, torching Hedo Turkoglu. It seems like no who goes down somebody else steps up. I know it's only 3 games in, but this is the deepest and most talented team in the NBA so far. Once they really start to mesh well and become more familiar with each other, just imagine how scary they can really be. So how scary do you think this team could be and if they can improve on how they are playing, how do you rank them against L.A., San Antonio, Boston, and ect?

NOT AT ALL. When you have the king of panic on one side Van Gundy & no heart Howard U R Heading for Heartbreak Hotel.

D Roses Bulls
11-02-2009, 08:04 PM
do you know why there is only one NBA champion each year? Because all the rest doesn't matter. Eastern conference champion? Division champion?

that is true, but dont underestimate them. they could be NBA champions this year especially with a full and healthy roster

ilovemyangel
11-02-2009, 08:06 PM
Howard looks disinterested whenever he is not scoring and gets frustrated easily. The magic are simply not good enough to win it all. they were lucky to made it that far last season. A combination of their good luck and other teams' bad luck.

ilovemyangel
11-02-2009, 08:08 PM
that is true, but dont underestimate them. they could be NBA champions this year especially with a full and healthy roster

its only 3 games into the season, nobody knows wads gonna happened. Like last year's Boston.

D Roses Bulls
11-02-2009, 08:11 PM
Howard looks disinterested whenever he is not scoring and gets frustrated easily. The magic are simply not good enough to win it all. they were lucky to made it that far last season. A combination of their good luck and other teams' bad luck.

howard actually looks more focused then ever. him and jameer last year when the lakers won stayed out on the court and watched the celebration to learn from that experience. they'll make it back to the finals

ilovemyangel
11-02-2009, 08:14 PM
they won't make it back. there's boston and cleveland in front of them, provided they dont self-destruct first.

ilovemyangel
11-02-2009, 08:16 PM
howard actually looks more focused then ever. him and jameer last year when the lakers won stayed out on the court and watched the celebration to learn from that experience. they'll make it back to the finals

Learn from what experience? Watching how the other team celebrate their championship? They'll watch from home this year though.

D Roses Bulls
11-02-2009, 08:18 PM
Learn from what experience? Watching how the other team celebrate their championship? They'll watch from home this year though.

hey they both said how that was a big learning experience. they said it taught them how to be a champion. im just saying dont over look them and the cavs wont be better then the magic like they werent last year

d-baller23
11-02-2009, 08:19 PM
they won't make it back. there's boston and cleveland in front of them, provided they dont self-destruct first.

Uhhh We already beat Boston and Cleveland last year, and we won't self destruct.

ilovemyangel
11-02-2009, 08:23 PM
hey they both said how that was a big learning experience. they said it taught them how to be a champion. im just saying dont over look them and the cavs wont be better then the magic like they werent last year

Nobody learn how to become a champion by watching. Seriously, did you realize how many points separated the Cavs and Magic in the last playoffs? I was rooting for the Magic so I know, each game was decided by less than 5. did you really think that the Magic were THAT much better than the Cavs? come on.

ilovemyangel
11-02-2009, 08:24 PM
Uhhh We already beat Boston and Cleveland last year, and we won't self destruct.

I'll like to see them try this year.

D Roses Bulls
11-02-2009, 08:27 PM
Nobody learn how to become a champion by watching. Seriously, did you realize how many points separated the Cavs and Magic in the last playoffs? I was rooting for the Magic so I know, each game was decided by less than 5. did you really think that the Magic were THAT much better than the Cavs? come on.

and do you know how many points besides one game separated the magic and lakers? not many at all. and yes you can learn from an experience. having finals experience helps calm the nerves if you make it bacl

ilovemyangel
11-02-2009, 08:32 PM
the so called "you have to lose first before actually winning it"? we'll see. i pick the celtics to win it all. magic in the dust.

D Roses Bulls
11-02-2009, 08:36 PM
the so called "you have to lose first before actually winning it"? we'll see. i pick the celtics to win it all. magic in the dust.

dust? i dont think so.

macc
11-02-2009, 08:48 PM

I love all the "thought" you put in your post. I love it when people make these guarentee like comments but don't back it up with any rhyme or reason behind it.

All it is is hate. That's fine with me, people hate on the best. I actually take it as a compliment. Its like saying "the lakers suck" its easy to say but people only say it because they are great. Noone hates on teams people don't care about. Who talks bad about the T Wolves? Noone because they are a bad team (No offense to T wolves fans) and aren't expected to go anywhere this year. Savy

flea
11-02-2009, 08:53 PM
ilovemyangel is just a Celtics fan, angry because the Sox bowed out in the ALDS this year.

D Roses Bulls
11-02-2009, 09:46 PM
ilovemyangel is just a Celtics fan, angry because the Sox bowed out in the ALDS this year.

sure does seem like

D Roses Bulls
11-03-2009, 01:53 AM

yeah, they are too well stacked and the main guys (howard, nelson, lewis) already have finals experience. i think they will be fine

championships
11-03-2009, 02:20 AM
Um, three games into the season, Not so scary yet

D Roses Bulls
11-03-2009, 02:22 AM
Um, three games into the season, Not so scary yet

you wont be saying that come june, lol

Raph12
11-03-2009, 03:41 AM

Howard is often double/tripled when he gets the ball, if they play him one-on-one he either scores or draws the foul. Atlanta, Cleveland and Miami don't have anyone who could effectively guard Dwight Howard. Boston is the only team that can trouble him and even against them he draws alot of fouls and this season his FT shooting is expected to be much improved as we saw a glimpse of that against Toronto (14 of 16 from the line). Plus, Boston has no answer for Lewis or Carter; Redick can shutdown Ray-ray and Barnes/Pietrus can effectively guard Pierce. Last season, they had a huge lead in every game in the series against the Celts, but lost it due to lack of go-to scoring, now this is where you insert Vince Carter; same could be said for the Sixers-series (btw Brand is crap... he wouldn't have made a difference). You said it was the size on the wing that won the Cavs series for them, because I thought it was the domination down-low that won the series, the wing-play came from the Cavs double and tripling Howard all the time, btw Parker and Moon do not put this team over the top.

You're right I agree that it's to early to make a legitimate arguement for how good this team really is, but with that being said... Cold streaks don't mean anything anymore, because when that happens they can go conventional with Bass at PF and let Carter make plays for the team. I don't think chemistry will be that big of an issue anymore; we have seen VC play, he plays within the team, as does Lewis and Nelson. Carter is this team's go-to guy, that has already been talked about. Howard is expected to shoot over 70% from the FT line this season, but we'll wait and see how that pans out. This team is definitely a Top 5 team, probably Top 3 and maybe even best in the league.

its a blessing for the regular season and possible injruies but in the playoffs starters minutes usually go up about 5 min. all those guys impacts are limited. i dont see them having a 10 man rotation in the playoffs. teams do 8 man rotations doesnt matter if you are deep, a teams 6 best players are more important to another teams 10 best players

The fact that every starter on this team is replaceable (except for Howard) means alot. Carter goes down, Pietrus and Redick fill the void; Lewis goes down, Anderson and Barnes fill the void; Nelson goes down, Williams and Johnson fill the void; but if Dwight Howard goes down, this team goes down. Having a deep bench means the starters can rest longer if they team has a significant lead.
Ie: Let's say the Magic are playing the Cavs in the playoffs, they are up by 12pts with 8mins to go in the 3rd quarter; SVG rests Carter and Lewis and the team maintains the lead keeping it within 8-12pts going into the 4th; Carter and Lewis come out in the final quarter re-energized and ready to tear it up.

A LOT OF STUPID THINGS!

Dude just keep quiet, your arguements are ignorant and annoying. Most of what you say is inaccurate and your judgement is obviously biased... If you're going to continue to state your idiotic opinions, try backing it up with some actual facts.

Tommyh1331
11-03-2009, 04:22 AM
Easily one of the top 2 or 3 teams in the league, the are very scary!! There offense can score in bunches and has many weapons 3 point and inside gamers! They are balanced from bottom to top, you know when JJ Reddick is coming in and throwing down 27 on Toronto at home you are doing well. Ryan Anderson was a steal from the Nets and he is only going to get better...Dwight is Dwight and Vince Carter is still a stud...I haven't even mentioned Jameer is back to his old self again and Rashard Lewis hasn't even played yet...This team is deadly and all of the Magic haters out there...yes you...prepare to cry when they play your team, bc no joke it will not be pretty!!

By the way Raptor fans how was sunday for you (NO vince or Rashard or Pietrus)

Magic 125
Raptors 116
:clap:

D Roses Bulls
11-03-2009, 06:13 AM
lmfao....... :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Ace33Bone
11-03-2009, 11:32 AM
I need another option on here... because right now i would put them behind the lakers as well as the Celtics so maybe the third best in the league

SteveNash
11-03-2009, 11:50 AM
By the way Raptor fans how was sunday for you (NO vince or Rashard or Pietrus)

Magic 125
Raptors 116
:clap:

The Raptors should feel worse losing to the Grizzlies 115-107.

Toronto is just not that good, never been that good. Don't know why the fans are always hyping them.

Double_R
11-03-2009, 11:53 AM
They are the Deepest team in the League period!

However as a Magic fan, I still think until the Lakers are dethroned or fall apart they are 1, as far as the Celtics, they are right there with us as 1 and 1A in the east, but they have to make it through without any injuries and that might be hard to do with those ancient pieces they have.

Now to the Cavs, this one makes me laugh b/c everyone on ESPN and here for that matter have been talking the Cavs up to be the best team in the NBA and now 4 games into the season they have all jumped ship. The reality is that the Cavs aren't close to the Magic, Celtics, and Lakers, and they weren't last year either, since they had a terrible record vs. those 3. They are good at beating up on bad teams and bad at beating up on good teams.

Shaq will be 38 when the playoffs start and Lebron will be tired again and Delonte will be in jail and Mo Williams will be trying to shake off the one regular season wonder talk.

Raph12
11-03-2009, 12:34 PM
I need another option on here... because right now i would put them behind the lakers as well as the Celtics so maybe the third best in the league

I could see you putting them behind Boston, but why LA? I mean I love the Lakers as much as the next guy, but so far they haven't been too impressive.

ilovemyangel
11-03-2009, 12:34 PM
Dude just keep quiet, your arguements are ignorant and annoying. Most of what you say is inaccurate and your judgement is obviously biased... If you're going to continue to state your idiotic opinions, try backing it up with some actual facts.

i wonder how objective your views are when this clearly is thread made up of mostly magic fans to carry their balls. so your views are actual facts? so vince carter is really going to be the one who puts the magic over the top? we'll see. i wonder if vince has anything to do with the Nets being mired in futility in recent years. perhaps not, since all the magic fans think he's their saviour.

theimortalone
11-03-2009, 12:44 PM
Very very deep team!

ManRam
11-03-2009, 12:45 PM
i wonder how objective your views are when this clearly is thread made up of mostly magic fans to carry their balls. so your views are actual facts? so vince carter is really going to be the one who puts the magic over the top? we'll see. i wonder if vince has anything to do with the Nets being mired in futility in recent years. perhaps not, since all the magic fans think he's their saviour.

Vince Carter isn't the main reason we are better this year. I don't think Vince is our savior at all. We are better this year because we are sooo much deeper. We can run 10 deep with no worries. Not only did we get Vince, but we got Anderson, Williams, Bass and Barnes. Jameer is healthy again. Howard is progressing. We have experience. We've tasted the worst defeat there is. We're motivated. We have on of the best coaches. Etc.

I don't think we can make the next leap because of Vince, I think we make the next leap because of our entire team. It is just so much better. Vince replacing Hedo is not a huge upgrade...not at all. It's the other guys that make this team so good.

So stop focusing on Vince, and start reading. No one here is saying Vince is our savior.

mrblisterdundee
11-03-2009, 12:48 PM
I think we're going to see Vince Carter take it up a notch if he has to go against Kobe. Artest will be too busy guarding Lewis to help out. Don't even think that Bynum can compete with Howard, although Bass can't compete with Pau. Finally, Fischer is a joke next to Jameer. Overall, Orlando is the most talented overall.

mrmike101
11-03-2009, 01:07 PM
Vince Carter isn't the main reason we are better this year. I don't think Vince is our savior at all. We are better this year because we are sooo much deeper. We can run 10 deep with no worries. Not only did we get Vince, but we got Anderson, Williams, Bass and Barnes. Jameer is healthy again. Howard is progressing. We have experience. We've tasted the worst defeat there is. We're motivated. We have on of the best coaches. Etc.

I don't think we can make the next leap because of Vince, I think we make the next leap because of our entire team. It is just so much better. Vince replacing Hedo is not a huge upgrade...not at all. It's the other guys that make this team so good.

So stop focusing on Vince, and start reading. No one here is saying Vince is our savior.

WHOA WHOA WHOA don't let that hater guy mislead you or bias you on vince either. The team is that much better and VC is an enourmous uprgrade over turkoglu. With anderson taking turks sf spot to exploit match up probs there is no room for turk at all. The magic got better plain and simple not even arguable, and vince is replacing courtney lee more so than turk. I know for a fact that finals layup would have went in last year if vince had the ball, hell a whole fore arm might have eneded up in the hoop.

Raph12
11-03-2009, 01:36 PM

Another ignorant and inaccurate response... Carter is only one addition here; Anderson, Barnes, Bass and Williams have all been added which strengthens the bench that much more. Plus Lewis, the Magic's most consistent scorer/player, hasn't played one game yet.

Go check the team stats for the Magic, the bench players Anderson, Redick, Pietrus, Williams, Barnes, etc... are all playing outstandingly. Howard is this team's savior, not Carter, Carter is just Superman's trustee sidekick, Half-Man Half-Amazing.

As if Howard, Carter, Lewis and Nelson weren't scary enough on the starting line, when you add the bench players they have to the mix... well I'm just at a loss for words. Right now they are all offense and that without Shard one of their best offensive players, last season they had the #1 defense in the league... when this team starts to connect on both ends, then they'll be truly scary.

Double_R
11-03-2009, 01:49 PM
Another ignorant and inaccurate response... Carter is only one addition here; Anderson, Barnes, Bass and Williams have all been added which strengthens the bench that much more. Plus Lewis, the Magic's most consistent scorer/player, hasn't played one game yet.

Go check the team stats for the Magic, the bench players Anderson, Redick, Pietrus, Williams, Barnes, etc... are all playing outstandingly. Howard is this team's savior, not Carter, Carter is just Superman's trustee sidekick, Half-Man Half-Amazing.

As if Howard, Carter, Lewis and Nelson weren't scary enough on the starting line, when you add the bench players they have to the mix... well I'm just at a loss for words. Right now they are all offense and that without Shard one of their best offensive players, last season they had the #1 defense in the league... when this team starts to connect on both ends, then they'll be truly scary.

Agreed

ilovemyangel
11-03-2009, 02:10 PM
I just dont think the Magic is going to cut it. First and foremost, they are a jump shooting team and when they really need a basket, who do they dump it to? stan van gundy?

rapjuicer06
11-03-2009, 02:35 PM
I just dont think the Magic is going to cut it. First and foremost, they are a jump shooting team and when they really need a basket, who do they dump it to? stan van gundy?

the magic aren't your average jump shooting team. they have pure shooters on their team, they have VC who they can dump it to when they really need a basket, they have dwight to pound it down low, and get all those O-boards! seriously you have no clue what your talking about

ragee
11-03-2009, 02:56 PM
Magic are a lot stronger than last year... They have won their first 3 games... Although those teams were not one of the elites, they were still impressive wins because they were short handed in all 3 games...

dhype14
11-03-2009, 02:59 PM
Imagine they r playing really good now even without R. Lewis. They already have a monster defender and scorer in Dwight Howard. Jason Wiliams is playing well on d bench too. They have a very solid starting line up and an okay bench players.

the top 3 best teams for me this year.
1. Lalakers
1. Boston
3. Orlando
4. Dallas

macc
11-03-2009, 03:24 PM

Are you serious? Why do you think we are only a jump shooting team? They have taken alot of jump shots because they are great at them. Shooting over 50%.

As far as low post goes. You have Option # 1 Howard, 21.7 ppg, 62.9% fg. Is that not consistant enough for you? Option # 2 Brandon Bass with a 15-18 ft midrange jump plus can take it to the basket. He's our best ISO post player, also shooting 57%.

Opt # 3 - Vince Carter - Can penetrate at will on anyone, as he's done his entire career

Opt # 4 - Jameer Nelson - Have you watched how easily he gets to the basket when he needs to?

Opt # 5 - Mickael Pietrus - Besides Carter hes our best slasher and finishes strong

Shall I keep going? Any questions?

As far as jump shooting goes. Who cares, if it's going in then who's complaining? As of today we have 7 people shooting OVER 50%. We have 4 people shooting OVER 50% from 3. Realize Lewis hasn't even played a game yet because he also shoots high percentages from fg and 3.

Savy

D Roses Bulls
11-03-2009, 03:43 PM

here is an insert from a chat that chad ford had earlier and one of the questions he was asked.

A.J. (Sioux Falls, SD)

How ridiculously deep are the Magic? They were missing 3 starters and still handled Toronto. So much for needing time for that team chemistry to build.

Chad Ford
(1:21 PM)

They are the best team in the league. They have depth, post play, outside shooters, veteran leadership and an excellent head coach. Sorry Laker fans, this is the Magic's year.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/29262

enough said....

ilovemyangel
11-03-2009, 03:58 PM
i'm entitled to my own opinion and that's that. i dont deny that the magic are deep but i just dont think they can win it all. seriously isn't that just another opinion from another person? so you think his opinion is legitimate because it is in favour of the magic or because he's a ESPN NBA Insider? come on.

what's with calling others ignorant when all of you are making biased predictions and appraisals for your Orlando Magic acting as if they are the One to beat this season. i probably chose a wrong place to voice MY opinion because this thread is FULL of Magic fans who jumped on the BANDWAGON as soon as the Magic made it to the Finals last season. spare me more nonsense. thanks

Derick713
11-03-2009, 04:00 PM
The Celtics are the only team that can beat the Magic in seven games The Magic are scary good. It' not often a team has a mix of youth, talent, elite players, glue guys, Veterans, More Than One Franchise Player, Hustle Front Court Players, Depth, Shooting, Length, Athleticism, Finals Experience, Continuity, Shot Blocking, Rebounding, and Versatility. What don’t the Magic have is the real question that should be asked.

The Magic literally have two teams on one roster without using all 15 of their roster spots.

Jameer Neslon/Jason Williams/Anthony Johnson
Vince Carter/Mickael Pietrus/JJ Redick
Rashard Lewis/Matt Barnes/
Ryan Anderson/Brandon Bass/
Dwight Howard/Marcin Gortat/Adonal Foyle

Dwight Howard= 1st Ranked Center in the Game/Elite Talent/Franchise Player/Defensive Player of the Year/ Best Player on the Magic.

It shouldn't be fair to to have the amount of talent and depth the Magic have. They have 12 legit players that could start for many teams.

The scary part of the Magic is that they added without really losing much. They can now let Rashard Lewis play his natural position. They still have a player that can do exactly what Rashard did at the 4 in Ryan Anderson. Rashard Lewis and Ryan Anderson bring more shooting and length to the starting line-up. They're even more of a match-up nightmare. They replaced Lee with Vince Carter which is an upgrade. Vince also adds more dimensions to the Magic. He also adds more size to the back-court. Pietrus can be molded into a younger version of James Posey, Shane Batter, or Trevor Ariza. He's got shut down defender potential. Barnes adds another shooter and defender off the bench. Bass can play a Joe Smith or Leon Powe type role for the Magic. Gortat is a defensive presence who will block shots and give Howard a rest during games. Jason Williams has a ring and he can light it up from long range when he's on. I still haven't mentioned Redick or Johnson roles. Bass provides a lot of toughness down low.

D Roses Bulls
11-03-2009, 04:02 PM
i'm entitled to my own opinion and that's that. i dont deny that the magic are deep but i just dont think they can win it all. seriously isn't that just another opinion from another person? so you think his opinion is legitimate because it is in favour of the magic or because he's a ESPN NBA Insider? come on.

what's with calling others ignorant when all of you are making biased predictions and appraisals for your Orlando Magic acting as if they are the One to beat this season. i probably chose a wrong place to voice MY opinion because this thread is FULL of Magic fans who jumped on the BANDWAGON as soon as the Magic made it to the Finals last season. spare me more nonsense. thanks

no but when ESPN is even jumping on the bandwagon kind of tells you different since they have been on the celtics and lakers nuts over the last couple of years. most of these people supported the magic last year, especially the magic fans. i know cause i was on this site last january. so you can say all you want, but just actually watch a game, watch tonight vs. the pistons before you make any other remarks

Raph12
11-03-2009, 04:06 PM

Of course you're entitled to your own opinion, but the way you observe the Magic team's game is inaccurate. Plus, I never said the Magic will win it all, I just said they look scary good and look like a Top 3 team in the league. Btw your comments are ignorant, you blindly state facts that aren't there and manipulate the ones that are. I was a fan of Dwight when he got into the league and have been a Magic fan since Van Gundy got there. You can voice your opinion, but when you're bashing a team, try to back some of it up and maybe then people won't bash your opinion.

ilovemyangel
11-03-2009, 04:12 PM
what facts that aren't there? show me what i said that are facts that aren't there or were manipulated by me.

*Superman*
11-03-2009, 04:16 PM
So are you saying the Magic aren't deep or we aren't going to win the Championship?

Derick713
11-03-2009, 04:17 PM
Top 6 Teams
1.)Celtics
2.)Magic
3.)Lakers
4.)Mavericks- Could be better than Lakers
5.)Spurs
6.)Nuggets

ilovemyangel
11-03-2009, 04:19 PM
oh does it matter what i say? YOU AREN'T GOING TO WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP.

*Superman*
11-03-2009, 04:21 PM
Wow, I just don't get what you are trying to say. The thread is how scary are the Magic. And your saying we won't win. Just a pissed of Celtic fan.

ilovemyangel
11-03-2009, 04:26 PM
Wow the Magic are so scary! So Deeeeeep. But they're not going to win the championship though. Is that relevant to the thread now?

Raph12
11-03-2009, 04:26 PM
what facts that aren't there? show me what i said that are facts that aren't there or were manipulated by me.

Take a look at this post:

The Magic are not a jumpshooting team, they play the inside-outside game with Howard in the low-post. Carter, Nelson, Redick, Williams and even Anderson all penetrate to the rim when guarded closely, while Howard, Bass and Gortat play in the low post. They shoot alot of 3s because they are open alot, Howard gets doubled and then someone is always left open. Second part, when they really need a basket, they have one of the most clutchest players in the NBA on their team to dish it off to in Vince Carter. Only Lebron James has made more game winners than Vince Carter in the past 5 years, not to mention Carter scores the bulk of his points in the 4th quarter.

You said they are a jump shooting team just because they shoot alot of 3s, that's not all they are. Then you poke fun at their go-to scoring without realizing that they have acquired one of the best at getting his own shot and making plays in the clutch... Go back and look at your previous posts and then actually watch the Magic play and look a the little things, because right now it sounds like you watch basketball, but you watch it the wrong way.

*Superman*
11-03-2009, 04:27 PM
oh does it matter what i say? YOU AREN'T GOING TO WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP.

Of course I am not going to win the Championship, the Magic are. ;)

ilovemyangel
11-03-2009, 04:31 PM
So are you saying the Magic aren't deep or we aren't going to win the Championship?

Yea i guess i'm not wrong when i answer that question. Nice try though

*Superman*
11-03-2009, 04:36 PM
Yea i guess i'm not wrong when i answer that question. Nice try though

Whatever, like I give a damn what some noob on PSD thinks. So who's your team, since you like hating on the Magic so much..

macc
11-03-2009, 04:37 PM
Wow the Magic are so scary! So Deeeeeep. But they're not going to win the championship though. Is that relevant to the thread now?

People say you're statements are ignorant because you don't back them up with anything at all. Just saying a negative about a team without actually putting some "reasoning" behind it makes your statement look ignorant.

I've quoted you many times to debate your claims and you never once responded. Please tell me where I'm wrong if you think I am wrong

You have like 19 posts. How do you know who is a bandwagoner or not? I mean seriously. The main bandwagoners I've seen so far were Vince Carter fans who followed him to Orlando, however all the Magic fans you see posting in this thread have been around for a while. I'll be the first to point out a bandwagoner, because that bugs me to.

ilovemyangel
11-03-2009, 04:45 PM
alright man, let's stop this. i'm a dwight howard fan before he even got selected by the magic, but i'm just pissed with the way orlando's playing. too many shooters

sunnydayin'zona
11-03-2009, 04:46 PM
[QUOTE=Raph12;11280183]Howard is often double/tripled when he gets the ball, if they play him one-on-one he either scores or draws the foul. Atlanta, Cleveland and Miami don't have anyone who could effectively guard Dwight Howard. Boston is the only team that can trouble him and even against them he draws alot of fouls and this season his FT shooting is expected to be much improved as we saw a glimpse of that against Toronto (14 of 16 from the line). Plus, Boston has no answer for Lewis or Carter; Redick can shutdown Ray-ray and Barnes/Pietrus can effectively guard Pierce. Last season, they had a huge lead in every game in the series against the Celts, but lost it due to lack of go-to scoring, now this is where you insert Vince Carter; same could be said for the Sixers-series (btw Brand is crap... he wouldn't have made a difference). You said it was the size on the wing that won the Cavs series for them, because I thought it was the domination down-low that won the series, the wing-play came from the Cavs double and tripling Howard all the time, btw Parker and Moon do not put this team over the top.]end quote

I dont know about atlanta, but Cleveland has a little guy named shaq who puts up a pretty fair fight against dwight howard, as we saw last year on the suns. Speaking of suns, coming from a suns fan of course, matt barnes can't guard for his life, let alone guard Paul Pierce, who may have a career year. Miami also has an oneal of their own, who as of know is averaging 22-14 if i remember correct...he's doing pretty well and wont just rollover to dwight howard.
Neither will sheed and kg, clearly the best front court (defensively) in the nba. D12 will get run over by the celtics, quote me on that.
And its not like your talking about d12 the offensive force or something, he's not shaq when it comes to scoring.

Plus, who do you plan to have guard lebron james in cleveland? d12 being busy following shaq will open up the paint for lebron to put up some big numbers. Oh and who is the answer to VC on the celtics? maybe rajon rondo one of the better defensive/passing point guards in the league? yes. him.
how about lewis? paul pierce.
lets look at the matchup:
Rondo-VC
Rayray-nelson/lewis
Pierce-lewis/lewis
KG-d12/bass?
Perkins/sheed-d12/bass?

i'm not discounting the magic, but they are behind the lakers and the celtics, and we'll see about the cavs. There is nobody better than lebron or kobe, nobody to shut either down on your teams. and i'd mention dwade too, but unlike miami, the celtics and lakers have legit teams to back them up.

BTW this is coming from a suns fan looking to just see magic fans be a little less arrogant.

Raph12
11-03-2009, 05:00 PM
I dont know about atlanta, but Cleveland has a little guy named shaq who puts up a pretty fair fight against dwight howard, as we saw last year on the suns. Speaking of suns, coming from a suns fan of course, matt barnes can't guard for his life, let alone Pierce who may have a career year. Miami also has an oneal of their own, who as of know is averaging 22-14 if i remember correct...he's doing pretty well and wont just rollover to dwight howard.
Neither will sheed and kg, clearly the best front court (defensively) in the nba. D12 will get run over by the celtics, quote me on that.
And its not like your talking about d12 the offensive force or something, he's not shaq when it comes to scoring.

Both O'Neals suck on defense, Dwight easily got his against both last season. Barnes is a physical defender who will trouble Pierce all over the court and Pietrus will also give him fits. Howard got both Perkins and Big Baby into foul trouble every game last year and Sheed isn't the defender he used to be. He's not Shaq of 1995-2002 but he's way better than any center in the game and commands double teams, if he is left alone, he will burn anyone guarding him one-on-one and you can quote me on that.

Plus, who do you plan to have guard lebron james in cleveland? d12 being busy following shaq will open up the paint for lebron to put up some big numbers. Oh and who is the answer to VC on the celtics? maybe rajon rondo one of the better defensive/passing point guards in the league? yes. him.
Rondo-VC
Rayray-nelson/lewis
Pierce-lewis/lewis
KG-d12/bass?
Perkins/sheed-d12/bass?

No one is concerned with Lebron, he can have his, the Magic proved the 1-on-5 theory doesn't work last season, if his teammates can't help him, they'll run over the Cavs again. VC will drop Rondo easy, on the Nets he put up great numbers against the Celts despite being the primary offensive option. In Orlando, they will be forced to guard him one-on-one and he'll light them up. Lewis, no one in the NBA had effectively guarded Lewis last season, he got his against everyone.

Offensively:
Nelson will get his against Ray-ray
VC will take Rondo
Lewis will take Pierce
Howard will take Perkins/Sheed/Baby
Defensively:
Nelson will stay with Rondo
Lewis will stay with KG
Barnes/Pietrus will give Pierce fits
Redick will shutdown Ray-ray
Dwight will take anyone in the post

i'm not discounting the magic, but they are behind the lakers and the celtics, and we'll see about the cavs. There is nobody better than lebron or kobe, nobody to shut either down on your teams. and unlike miami, they have legit teams to back them up

I would put them behind Boston and LA at this point in the season, Cavs are another story. So far everything is just speculation, when Lewis returns and the team meshes on both ends, then I'll get back to you on this.

D Roses Bulls
11-03-2009, 05:05 PM
Both O'Neals suck on defense, Dwight easily got his against both last season. Barnes is a physical defender who will trouble Pierce all over the court and Pietrus will also give him fits. Howard got both Perkins and Big Baby into foul trouble every game last year and Sheed isn't the defender he used to be. He's not Shaq of 1995-2002 but he's way better than any center in the game and commands double teams, if he is left alone, he will burn anyone guarding him one-on-one and you can quote me on that.

No one is concerned with Lebron, he can have his, the Magic proved the 1-on-5 theory doesn't work last season, if his teammates can't help him, they'll run over the Cavs again. VC will drop Rondo easy, on the Nets he put up great numbers against the Celts despite being the primary offensive option. In Orlando, they will be forced to guard him one-on-one and he'll light them up. Lewis, no one in the NBA had effectively guarded Lewis last season, he got his against everyone.

Offensively:
Nelson will get his against Ray-ray
VC will take Rondo
Lewis will take Pierce
Howard will take Perkins/Sheed/Baby
Defensively:
Nelson will stay with Rondo
Lewis will stay with KG
Barnes/Pietrus will give Pierce fits
Redick will shutdown Ray-ray
Dwight will take anyone in the post

I would put them behind Boston and LA at this point in the season, Cavs are another story. So far everything is just speculation, when Lewis returns and the team meshes on both ends, then I'll get back to you on this.

i just dont understand how people are still doubting this team. i mean this team could win it all this year and people will say they are overrated. people need to give the defending eastern conference champs some respect

macc
11-03-2009, 05:10 PM
[QUOTE=Raph12;11280183]Howard is often double/tripled when he gets the ball, if they play him one-on-one he either scores or draws the foul. Atlanta, Cleveland and Miami don't have anyone who could effectively guard Dwight Howard. Boston is the only team that can trouble him and even against them he draws alot of fouls and this season his FT shooting is expected to be much improved as we saw a glimpse of that against Toronto (14 of 16 from the line). Plus, Boston has no answer for Lewis or Carter; Redick can shutdown Ray-ray and Barnes/Pietrus can effectively guard Pierce. Last season, they had a huge lead in every game in the series against the Celts, but lost it due to lack of go-to scoring, now this is where you insert Vince Carter; same could be said for the Sixers-series (btw Brand is crap... he wouldn't have made a difference). You said it was the size on the wing that won the Cavs series for them, because I thought it was the domination down-low that won the series, the wing-play came from the Cavs double and tripling Howard all the time, btw Parker and Moon do not put this team over the top.]end quote

I dont know about atlanta, but Cleveland has a little guy named shaq who puts up a pretty fair fight against dwight howard, as we saw last year on the suns. Speaking of suns, coming from a suns fan of course, matt barnes can't guard for his life, let alone guard Paul Pierce, who may have a career year. Miami also has an oneal of their own, who as of know is averaging 22-14 if i remember correct...he's doing pretty well and wont just rollover to dwight howard.

Rondo-VC
Rayray-nelson/lewis
Pierce-lewis/lewis
KG-d12/bass?
Perkins/sheed-d12/bass?

i'm not discounting the magic, but they are behind the lakers and the celtics, and we'll see about the cavs. There is nobody better than lebron or kobe, nobody to shut either down on your teams. and unlike miami, they have legit teams to back them up.

BTW this is coming from a suns fan looking to just see magic fans be a little less arrogant.

I wouldn't call it arrogance if you see what most of us are replying to. I don't know if we'll win it this year. I think we have a great shot. I def respect Boston and LA. I think those are the only two teams capable of beating us in a 7 game series. Cleveland isn't in our league imo. Outside of Lebron we have mismatches at every position.

What I think seperates our team from other teams is our bench. When Kobe/Ray/Pierce/Garnett are on the bench, thats when our team shows its depth. We simply don't struggle for offense with our 2nd unit. There isn't much of a drop off at all when our starting unit sits down.

People can argue all day who has the best starting 5 in the league and its def debatable but its no contest when you're talking about depth. Thats the difference.

Not only does our depth help us against second units but it helps us with injury. People get injured, its part of the game. We could lose any one player outside of Dwight Howard and we would still be contenders. Boston/LA can't say that.

Think about this. We didn't have much depth at all last year but yet we made it to the finals. We got to the finals and past the Celtics with a backcourt of Lee/Alston. Prob the weakest backcourt ever to make it to the finals. Now we much much more deeper.

You replace Lee/Alston with Carter/Nelson and add Bass/Anderson/Barnes/Williams to a team already in the finals so yes, we might be pretty confident as fans.

With that being said I still respect LA. They are the Champions, until somone knocks them off, thats where they stay. Just like we're the Eastern Conference champions, until somone knocks us off that title, it is what it is.

Last point, I don't see Bostons big 3 staying healthy all year long. A blow to any of those players would really cripple their team because they're not as deep. Thats why I think we have an edge against them. Both teams healthy its anyones game at this point.

All in all it wasn't to long ago the Magic were a bottom feeding team. Not gonna lie, it's nice to be in the spot light again, so I'm gonna talk up my team. Haven't had chances in the past because they weren't contenders till last year.

king9er
11-03-2009, 05:31 PM
I need to see more out of orlando before I give them elite team status but they are looking good so far

tugboat424
11-03-2009, 05:43 PM
I need to see more out of orlando before I give them elite team status but they are looking good so far

I respect that, but why do you think that even after making the finals last year that they aren't an elite team still?

I wouldn't say they're the best team in the NBA right now, 3 games isn't nearly enough, maybe after 10 people can debate, but I think there are 5 maybe 6 really top teams right now.

JasonJohnHorn
11-03-2009, 05:50 PM
I know Magic fans are excited about last year and are hopeful for this season, but I think if one honestly looks at the roster they can't sincerely expect a repeat of Last year's run.

At Center they got Howard, who is the most dominant rebounder and shot blocker in the leauge, but anybody who watches his offensive game with an unbiased eye can see that he doesn't have the post moves of Hakeem, or Robinson, or even Shaq for that matter. He has the "shoulder-drop-spin" move (which is an offensive foul) and the Barkley back-the-***-up, neither of which is effective. On offensive Howard is most effective when Orlando moves the ball and defences break down and get Howard open in the lane for an easy dunk. When they run plays for him he is not as effective on offence.

Jameer Nelson: bottom line is he is good but not great. There are easily ten point guards in the league who are as good or better. Tony Parker, D. Williams, Chris Paul, Steve Nash, Baron Davis, D. Rose, and Chauncey Billups are all better, and Calderon, Rondo, Andre Miller, Jason Kidd, Mike Bibby, Stuckey, Mario Chambers and a host of others all had higher assist averages. LBJ had a higher assist average and he isn't even a point guard! In fact, Turkoglu had about as many assists a game last year as Nelson and is moving the ball better than Nelson so far this season, which means the Magic arguably lost their best passer in the offseason. Bottom line is Nelson is likely to lose most of his match-ups this year though he does have one of the higher shooting percentages among point guards.

And shooting guard they may have a step up from Courtney Lee in Carter, but I don't think that makes up for their loss at small forward. Carter is past his prime, he has demonstrated in the past that he is not a good team player (just ask any Toronto fan) and he game has been sliding in recent years. Even last year when he was the only dominant scorer on his team he still failed to post 25-27 points he used to post when he was playing well, and his field goal percentage was its lowest in several seasons.

At power forward they got Lewis, who is a great, but inconsistent scorer. He creates match-up issues as he is the type of guy that can go in and out on offence and has range, but that said his scoring was at a 7-year low last year and he is not a strong rebounder, and as good as Howard is, rebounds wins titles (just ask Pat Riley), and Howard needs some help on the boards. The Lakers, Cavs and Celtics all have guys who post double digit rebounding nights on a consistent basis, and the Magic only have one guy that can do that.

Ryan Anderson: The Nets wouldn't have given him up for nothing if he had game. Like Lewis, he isn't a strong rebounder, and unlike Turkaglu, he can't pass the ball, and his field goal percentage was less than 40% last year.

As for their bench, Barnes looked good last year, but everybody looks good when they got Steve Nash setting up the plays. Gorat is a decent back up, but when you look at teams like Boston and the Spurs and the Cavs who have players like Wallace, Ratliff, McDysse, and Ilglauskus coming off the bench, Gorat will not be able to keep up with the deeper benches out there.

Pietrus works the glass hard for a guy at his position, but he only shot 41% from the floor last year.

Redick is likely good enough to start and is one of the best bench players in the league. He's a solid rebounder and passer, and has a high field goal percentage. That said, the pace he's at right now is impressive, but he has been inconsistent in the past and that inconsistency may show through again.

Orlando has a good squad, there is no doubt, but the Cavs have a deeper front court, tall wing defenders (which they didn't have last year), a point guard that can match Nelson and the best player in the league. The Spurs easily have the deepest team in the league (Ginobili, McDysse, Ratliff, DuJuan Blair and Hill), the Celtics have already proven they are good enough to win a title and not only is Rondo better than he was that season, but they've added Wallace and Daniels and the Lakers have a much deeper front court that includes three guys that can each grab ten boards a game (Bynum, Gasol and Odom, and evne Artest can rebound well). The Magic are good, but they will have to fight for the division title with the improvements the Hawks have made (Horford is getting better, Johnson is in a contract year, and thye've added Joe Smith and Crawford). Are the Magic scary? No. Not really. If the seeding keeps the Cavs, Celtics and Hawks in the same bracket, then the Magic may have a shot at the conference finals. But a second consecutive appearance in the NBA finals is unlikely.

tugboat424
11-03-2009, 06:07 PM
I know Magic fans are excited about last year and are hopeful for this season, but I think if one honestly looks at the roster they can't sincerely expect a repeat of Last year's run.

At Center they got Howard, who is the most dominant rebounder and shot blocker in the leauge, but anybody who watches his offensive game with an unbiased eye can see that he doesn't have the post moves of Hakeem, or Robinson, or even Shaq for that matter. He has the "shoulder-drop-spin" move (which is an offensive foul) and the Barkley back-the-***-up, neither of which is effective. On offensive Howard is most effective when Orlando moves the ball and defences break down and get Howard open in the lane for an easy dunk. When they run plays for him he is not as effective on offence.

Jameer Nelson: bottom line is he is good but not great. There are easily ten point guards in the league who are as good or better. Tony Parker, D. Williams, Chris Paul, Steve Nash, Baron Davis, D. Rose, and Chauncey Billups are all better, and Calderon, Rondo, Andre Miller, Jason Kidd, Mike Bibby, Stuckey, Mario Chambers and a host of others all had higher assist averages. LBJ had a higher assist average and he isn't even a point guard! In fact, Turkoglu had about as many assists a game last year as Nelson and is moving the ball better than Nelson so far this season, which means the Magic arguably lost their best passer in the offseason. Bottom line is Nelson is likely to lose most of his match-ups this year though he does have one of the higher shooting percentages among point guards.

And shooting guard they may have a step up from Courtney Lee in Carter, but I don't think that makes up for their loss at small forward. Carter is past his prime, he has demonstrated in the past that he is not a good team player (just ask any Toronto fan) and he game has been sliding in recent years. Even last year when he was the only dominant scorer on his team he still failed to post 25-27 points he used to post when he was playing well, and his field goal percentage was its lowest in several seasons.

At power forward they got Lewis, who is a great, but inconsistent scorer. He creates match-up issues as he is the type of guy that can go in and out on offence and has range, but that said his scoring was at a 7-year low last year and he is not a strong rebounder, and as good as Howard is, rebounds wins titles (just ask Pat Riley), and Howard needs some help on the boards. The Lakers, Cavs and Celtics all have guys who post double digit rebounding nights on a consistent basis, and the Magic only have one guy that can do that.

Ryan Anderson: The Nets wouldn't have given him up for nothing if he had game. Like Lewis, he isn't a strong rebounder, and unlike Turkaglu, he can't pass the ball, and his field goal percentage was less than 40% last year.

As for their bench, Barnes looked good last year, but everybody looks good when they got Steve Nash setting up the plays. Gorat is a decent back up, but when you look at teams like Boston and the Spurs and the Cavs who have players like Wallace, Ratliff, McDysse, and Ilglauskus coming off the bench, Gorat will not be able to keep up with the deeper benches out there.

Pietrus works the glass hard for a guy at his position, but he only shot 41% from the floor last year.

Redick is likely good enough to start and is one of the best bench players in the league. He's a solid rebounder and passer, and has a high field goal percentage. That said, the pace he's at right now is impressive, but he has been inconsistent in the past and that inconsistency may show through again.

Orlando has a good squad, there is no doubt, but the Cavs have a deeper front court, tall wing defenders (which they didn't have last year), a point guard that can match Nelson and the best player in the league. The Spurs easily have the deepest team in the league (Ginobili, McDysse, Ratliff, DuJuan Blair and Hill), the Celtics have already proven they are good enough to win a title and not only is Rondo better than he was that season, but they've added Wallace and Daniels and the Lakers have a much deeper front court that includes three guys that can each grab ten boards a game (Bynum, Gasol and Odom, and evne Artest can rebound well). The Magic are good, but they will have to fight for the division title with the improvements the Hawks have made (Horford is getting better, Johnson is in a contract year, and thye've added Joe Smith and Crawford). Are the Magic scary? No. Not really. If the seeding keeps the Cavs, Celtics and Hawks in the same bracket, then the Magic may have a shot at the conference finals. But a second consecutive appearance in the NBA finals is unlikely.

Good post but the stuff in bold I really disagree with moreso than anything else.

Anderson has looked absolutely phenomenal so far. It was his rookie year LAST YEAR, give the guy a break. Gonna be a real nice player in this system.

Gortat is MORE than a decent backup. I think he's a starter on a lot of teams in this league. I would much prefer to have him to Wallace, Ratliff and Ilgauskas. Dude is real athletic, much younger and Developing a nice Jumpshot. VERY solid on defense as well. McDyess is a toss up I think, I've been partial to him for awhile though. You also have to add Bass into that equation, nice Jumpshot and good, tough rebounder.

But again, good post although I disagree with a lot of things in it, I think it's good to raise those doubts.

JHOx26
11-03-2009, 06:18 PM
People forget that Rashard Lewis has a nice post game, along with his 3 point shooting.

Tommyh1331
11-03-2009, 06:23 PM
no but when ESPN is even jumping on the bandwagon kind of tells you different since they have been on the celtics and lakers nuts over the last couple of years. most of these people supported the magic last year, especially the magic fans. i know cause i was on this site last january. so you can say all you want, but just actually watch a game, watch tonight vs. the pistons before you make any other remarks

Espn jumping on the Magic bandwagon would be a joke, they are constantly on Kobe, Lebron and the celts jock! Orlando gets no respect....If you checked during the playoffs all of their analyst picked the celts, cavs and even some picked philli...eff espn!

TheMicrowave
11-03-2009, 06:25 PM
Magic are the real deal and wouldn't surprise me if they made the finals again this year.

ragee
11-03-2009, 06:43 PM
[QUOTE=Raph12;11280183]

Magic fans are arrogant? I don't think so... We are just giving our team the respect they deserve... The Magic have been bashed around this forums for quite some time now... What were the people saying about the Magic last season? They are not going to get through the Cavs and the Celts because they are not as good as them? They don't have the experience like the Cavs and the Celts? They can't win in the playoffs because they shoot a lot of jumpshots? Guess the Magic proved all of those things wrong... Then after the loss against the Lakers, here comes some doubters again saying it was a fluke... Oh please... If you want arrogant fans, Orlando is not the place to look for...

macc
11-03-2009, 06:47 PM

I agree that Howard is lacking alot of post offense, with that being said stats don't lie. He's shooting 62% on 21.7ppg. I'll say it one more time for you. Stats don't lie. Pretty or not, he's getting his points. He doesn't have to be the main goto scorer, he wasn't that guy last year and he's not that guy this year. That's Vince's job (2nd most game winning shots in past 5 years)

When did this become a debate of who the top pg's in the league are? Only thing that matters is he can drive to the basket, he can shoot a high percentage from the floor and from 3, he's not greedy and most importantly he has great chemistry with his team. BTW he's an all star as well. Besides, his assists are down because the Magic were a passing team. If you actually watched a Magic game and didn't base everything off stats you would see that the Magic aren't just a pass, shoot team. They are normally a pass, pass, pass, shoot team. Moving the ball around the peremeter to find the open man. What I'm saying is Nelson doesn't need to be Chris Paul and avg 12 apg to be affective.

[QUOTE=And shooting guard they may have a step up from Courtney Lee in Carter, but I don't think that makes up for their loss at small forward. Carter is past his prime, he has demonstrated in the past that he is not a good team player (just ask any Toronto fan) and he game has been sliding in recent years. Even last year when he was the only dominant scorer on his team he still failed to post 25-27 points he used to post when he was playing well, and his field goal percentage was its lowest in several seasons.

A step up? 8 time all star vs role player, to me that's more than a step up my friend. Why are you saying ask a Toronto fan? Wasn't NJ the last team he was on for 5 years? Plus I've asked them, they say he's a great team player, hense the 5 assist avg per. Why would you ask the first team somone played on about anything? People mature as players, Carter at 32 isn't the same Carter at 25, agree or disagree? Who cares if he's avging 27 per game or 20 per game? See you're a stats only guy, watch the game, all he needs to do is dominate one on one as he has his entire career and score in cruntch time. We don't need him avg 27. I doubt anyone on our team avgs 23 ppg this year.

Lewis is an inconsistent scorer? What are you basing it off? Hes prob the most clutch shooter we have. So once again, what are you basing that off of?

Your knowlege of the Magic is very limited. Gortat put up amazing rebounding and shot blocking numbers when he filled in for Howard. Don't believe me, go check his stats and check out his 22 and 16 rebound games...besides him Bass is a great rebounder as well. Besides its not about any "one" player, the Magic have a great rebounding team. Howard/Gortat/Bass/Anderson/Barnes/MP/Lewis/Carter are all good rebounders, don't have to be great, but all solid. Last I checked it was a team game.

[QUOTE=Ryan Anderson: The Nets wouldn't have given him up for nothing if he had game. Like Lewis, he isn't a strong rebounder, and unlike Turkaglu, he can't pass the ball, and his field goal percentage was less than 40% last year.

Who gives you your facts? The scouting report on Anderson before we got him was that he was an excellent shooter and good offensive rebounder. He has shown that so far this year. BTW he's our 2nd leading scorer at this point. FYI

but the Cavs have a deeper front court,[/B] tall wing defenders (which they didn't have last year), a point guard that can match Nelson and the best player in the league. The Spurs easily have the deepest team in the league (Ginobili, McDysse, Ratliff, DuJuan Blair and Hill), the Celtics have already proven they are good enough to win a title and not only is Rondo better than he was that season, but they've added Wallace and Daniels and the Lakers have a much deeper front court that includes three guys that can each grab ten boards a game (Bynum, Gasol and Odom, and evne Artest can rebound well). The Magic are good, but they will have to fight for the division title with the improvements the Hawks have made (Horford is getting better, Johnson is in a contract year, and thye've added Joe Smith and Crawford). Are the Magic scary? No. Not really. If the seeding keeps the Cavs, Celtics and Hawks in the same bracket, then the Magic may have a shot at the conference finals. But a second consecutive appearance in the NBA finals is unlikely.

Did you just say Cleveland has a deeper front court? You're saying you would take a 37 yr old Shaq, 34 yr old Big Z and Varijao over Howard, Gortat, and Bass/Anderson? Good luck winning that debate with anyone, even Cleveland fans.

Tony_Starks
11-03-2009, 06:52 PM
They're the deepest team in the East but not the league. They should very likely beat Boston again though.

ragee
11-03-2009, 06:56 PM
They're the deepest team in the East but not the league. They should very likely beat Boston again though.

Who has the deepest team in the league? I am a Magic fan but I think the team with the greatest depth can be argued with them and the Celtics... I don't see anyone from the west coming close... If you are talking about best starting 5 then you can put the Lakers and San Antonio in the mix but depth is so much more than the starting 5...

tugboat424
11-03-2009, 06:58 PM

Who is deeper in the West?

Tony_Starks
11-03-2009, 07:19 PM
Who is deeper in the West?

At full strength Lakers have (arguably) the best 6 man in the league in Lamar Odom and Farmar who could be the starting point on most teams in the league.

tugboat424
11-03-2009, 07:23 PM
At full strength Lakers have (arguably) the best 6 man in the league in Lamar Odom and Farmar who could be the starting point on most teams in the league.

Oh no doubt I totally agree....Odom is a definite starter and Farmar could run a lot of teams for sure.

But overall depth? Who besides them...not much. Gortat, Bass, Barnes/Pietrus/Anderson (whoever isn't starting out of those three) are all starters on a lot of teams.

ragee
11-03-2009, 07:30 PM

I agree with you with Odom but Farmar? I would give more mins to Shannon Brown than Farmar... So after Odom? Who else? I think the Lakers is probably the best candidate for the best starting lineup but their bench (excluding Odom) is a concern for them since last year...

brandt
11-03-2009, 07:36 PM
So, I'm curious. A bitter Hornets fan complained about how a thread on "how bad the Hornets' team was", was moved. And was wondering why the one about how GOOD the Rockets were doing, was still there. Then suddenly that thread was moved too! So why is this one still there then? Are we not allowed to talk about specific teams anymore unless it's in your own team forum. Atleast the Rockets thread was more interesting than the New Orleans one!!!

ManRam
11-03-2009, 08:07 PM

Going to the Finals wasn't good enough...

Improving our roster significantly afterwards still isn't good enough...

I'm not looking for respect from anyone. I could care less. Keep doubting us. But we are significantly improved from last year, and it's not a matter of Vince being better than Hedo either. There's one way all this bantering will be settled: on the court.

bigsams50
11-03-2009, 08:08 PM
Going to the Finals wasn't good enough...

Improving our roster significantly afterwards still isn't good enough...

I'm not looking for respect from anyone. I could care less. Keep doubting us. But we are significantly improved from last year, and it's not a matter of Vince being better than Hedo either. There's one way all this bantering will be settled: on the court.

Yall have gotten alot better since last year. Yalls depth is insane

D Roses Bulls
11-03-2009, 08:33 PM
So, I'm curious. A bitter Hornets fan complained about how a thread on "how bad the Hornets' team was", was moved. And was wondering why the one about how GOOD the Rockets were doing, was still there. Then suddenly that thread was moved too! So why is this one still there then? Are we not allowed to talk about specific teams anymore unless it's in your own team forum. Atleast the Rockets thread was more interesting than the New Orleans one!!!

they moved espn latino power rankings into comparisons. i dont see how thats comparisons when its a power rankings, but i guess. this one shouldnt be moved, especially since its been here for like 4 days already.

anyways the games about to come on, all the people doubting this team should watch this game and actually see how good they are instead of hate.

njnets825
11-03-2009, 10:57 PM
i

Raph12
11-03-2009, 11:09 PM
I said it before, if Howard goes out, game over.

SteveNash
11-04-2009, 02:49 AM

Yeah, if your "star" gets abused like that you probably are out of it and aren't a very good team. That's why Orlando is only third in the East.

D Roses Bulls
11-04-2009, 02:52 AM
Yeah, if your "star" gets abused like that you probably are out of it and aren't a very good team. That's why Orlando is only third in the East.

you sir are crazy

SteveNash
11-04-2009, 02:56 AM
you sir are crazy

So it's ok to make knee jerk reactions after 3 games but not after 4?

D Roses Bulls
11-04-2009, 03:00 AM
So it's ok to make knee jerk reactions after 3 games but not after 4?

no but if you dont think this team is great cause they didnt have howard, lewis, and carter didnt even play in the end then your nuts. look..... i watch basketball all the time believe it or not. im not trying to hype myself up, but i can tell a real good team from a team that just good. the magic will be fine in the end. there is no doubt in my mind they will be in the ecf with the celtics. there is no way the cavs beat them come playoff time or the cavs beat the celtics. everybody tonight played horrible especially ryan andersons i cant say no to a shot when i have the ball even when im having a horrible game lookin ***. in the end they will be fine. not many people get to see this team ,but you will 27 times this year so just watch them

Talick
11-04-2009, 03:02 AM
Anderson makes the Carter deal a steal. JJ Redick also loks like he has something to prove.

Raph12
11-04-2009, 03:06 AM

Don't worry, they'll whoop your poor excuse for a contender tomorrow and show that grandpa Nash is too old to play with the up-and-coming stars.

JayW_1023
11-04-2009, 07:13 AM
Not if Howard continues developing at a snails pace on the offensive end. Neither if Vince Carter fails to develope some kind of backbone.

SteveNash
11-04-2009, 07:32 AM
no but if you dont think this team is great cause they didnt have howard, lewis, and carter didnt even play in the end then your nuts. look..... i watch basketball all the time believe it or not. im not trying to hype myself up, but i can tell a real good team from a team that just good. the magic will be fine in the end. there is no doubt in my mind they will be in the ecf with the celtics. there is no way the cavs beat them come playoff time or the cavs beat the celtics. everybody tonight played horrible especially ryan andersons i cant say no to a shot when i have the ball even when im having a horrible game lookin ***. in the end they will be fine. not many people get to see this team ,but you will 27 times this year so just watch them

Howard played, got abused by Ben Wallace and Kwame. Carter played soft as always. Lewis didn't play but Rip and Tayshaun were out for Detroit. And at least they were out due to injuries, not because they took steroids and got suspended by the NBA like Lewis did.

Wasn't the Magic supposed to be the deepest team in the league just yesterday? Didn't Detroit get beaten by bad Thunder and Bucks teams?

Yeah, Orlando has no chance of getting back to the Finals with this group ever again. I said it this off-season, Orlando was lucky to be in the Finals and they showed it when they were severely dominated by the Lakers.

Orlando will go down like AI in '01. 1 and done never to be heard from again.

Don't worry, they'll whoop your poor excuse for a contender tomorrow and show that grandpa Nash is too old to play with the up-and-coming stars.

Not a Suns fan, but please, Phoenix has owned the Magic almost as much as Detroit has. It's amazing how much trash Orlando fans talk when their team hasn't even won 1 championship and they're the third best team in the East at best.

MagicBucsSox
11-04-2009, 07:52 AM
Howard played, got abused by Ben Wallace and Kwame. Carter played soft as always. Lewis didn't play but Rip and Tayshaun were out for Detroit. And at least they were out due to injuries, not because they took steroids and got suspended by the NBA like Lewis did.

Wasn't the Magic supposed to be the deepest team in the league just yesterday? Didn't Detroit get beaten by bad Thunder and Bucks teams?

Yeah, Orlando has no chance of getting back to the Finals with this group ever again. I said it this off-season, Orlando was lucky to be in the Finals and they showed it when they were severely dominated by the Lakers.

Not a Suns fan, but please, Phoenix has owned the Magic almost as much as Detroit has. It's amazing how much trash Orlando fans talk when their team hasn't even won 1 championship and they're the third best team in the East at best.

lmao, lakers went to ot with the thunder,cavs lost to raptors sthu

MagicBucsSox
11-04-2009, 07:54 AM

isnt that the case for every teams best player? you should be a doctor your incredibly smart on the real

ilovemyangel
11-04-2009, 12:55 PM

I did as you ordered and watched the game between the Magic and Pistons. Eye opener indeed.

mackworth
11-04-2009, 01:05 PM
isnt that the case for every teams best player? you should be a doctor your incredibly smart on the real

Celts didn't do too bad without garnett/powe, although one could argue that if they had lost pierce it would have been completely different.

USMCLaker
11-04-2009, 01:09 PM
They are Hannah Montana scary!!!

JK, aren't they considered one of the top four teams in the league nuff said.

theuuord
11-04-2009, 01:39 PM

gotta love the spin on the Lewis story. You consistently make some of the most eccentric posts here.

They lost because Howard got into foul trouble, Ryan Anderson shot horribly, and their offense never got in sync as a result. These things happen. Teams lose.

Were you saying this about the Lakers when they got swept by Charlotte last season?
One game does not a season make.

Orlando WAS lucky to get into the Finals last year. And the Lakers WERE a far better team. But it's rather presumptuous (and pretty silly) to think that a team that even you acknowledge as a top-3 team in the East has "no chance" of reaching the Finals.

They're at worst the third best team in the East. The top three are far ahead of the rest of the Eastern Conference in terms of skill.
Unless you're trying to argue that Atlanta has a better team than Orlando, which would require me to ask you who your neurosurgeon is so I can avoid him at all costs.

Raph12
11-04-2009, 02:38 PM
gotta love the spin on the Lewis story. You consistently make some of the most eccentric posts here.

They lost because Howard got into foul trouble, Ryan Anderson shot horribly, and their offense never got in sync as a result. These things happen. Teams lose.

Were you saying this about the Lakers when they got swept by Charlotte last season?

Orlando WAS lucky to get into the Finals last year. And the Lakers WERE a far better team. But it's rather presumptuous (and pretty silly) to think that a team that even you acknowledge as a top-3 team in the East has "no chance" of reaching the Finals.

They're at worst the third best team in the East. The top three are far ahead of the rest of the Eastern Conference in terms of skill.
Unless you're trying to argue that Atlanta has a better team than Orlando, which would require me to ask you who your neurosurgeon is so I can avoid him at all costs.

:clap: Agreed.

j-mart
11-04-2009, 02:39 PM
no, but he would of hurt you on the drives, and with the 15 footer. :)

Carter doesn't drive the lane anymore. Those days are long gone.

celtscrushlaker
11-04-2009, 02:42 PM
A lot of people are picking Boston to come out of the east and for good reason, but I am picking Orlando. I think Boston has a great team, but I think their age may catch up with them as the season progresses. As far as Orlando is concerned, they have a very talented team and are battle tested because of their finals run last year. I like the diff. personnel they acquired this past off season and they have a closer in Vince Carter. They are going to be a difficult team to play come playoff time.

age i dont think they will have that promblem when the starters dont play in the fourth quarter celts will make the playoffs and win the championship over your weak lakers this time we will sweep yall

celtscrushlaker
11-04-2009, 02:48 PM
They are Hannah Montana scary!!!

JK, aren't they considered one of the top four teams in the league nuff said.

listen here laker lover you need to worry about dallas coming into your house and beating your dresses off i seen kobe cry like a little girl the whole game also you need to be worried about te spurs and batman after your team almost lost to the thunder in overtime go celts

celtscrushlaker
11-04-2009, 02:59 PM
:cry:

nash lover you need to worry about the magic because tonight they are going to beat your no defense team down with there bench players and if you dont think there good wait to they get there starting five back and godbless the suns for when they come to boston friday night because you will see my bench play against your starters when were up by thirty in the fourth i hope your team is ready go celts

Raph12
11-04-2009, 03:02 PM
Carter doesn't drive the lane anymore. Those days are long gone.

Just because he isn't on the highlight reel jamming all over the place like he was in 1998-2001, doesn't mean he doesn't drive. Watch the games and then make a more observant judgement.

USMCLaker
11-04-2009, 03:18 PM
listen here laker lover you need to worry about dallas coming into your house and beating your dresses off i seen kobe cry like a little girl the whole game also you need to be worried about te spurs and batman after your team almost lost to the thunder in overtime go celts

Your so pretty

JasonJohnHorn
11-04-2009, 04:10 PM

This was in responce to Ralph12 who said the Magic were done if Howard was injured.

When a team loses their best player, they are not always done. The Bulls saw Jordan retire (the first time) and went on, without Jordan the entire season, to push the eventual conferencde champs to game 7 in the conference semi-finals. Still a great team without Jordan. Last season the Celtics saw their Kevin Garnett out of the playoffs and still beat the Bulls and pused the eventual conference champs to 7 games. true Championship calibre teams can't win titles without their best players, but they can still compete. The Lakers lost to the 76ers back in the finals during the 80s because they were short a couple guys due to injury, but they still won their conference. The Rockets last year were the only team to push the Lakers to & games and did so without McGrady and Yao was gone half-way throgh the series. This Magic team is not deep in the front court. They only have one solid rebounder, and that one rebounder is the best in the league, but one solid rebounder is not enough. If Howard went down with an injury, like Yoa, the Magic would be in the lottery next year. If he went down going into the playoff like Garnett, the Magic wouldn't be able to get out of the first round. Howard's impact is huge, he carries the team on the glass and without that this team would flounder. Howard is better than any front court player on the Cavs for example, but their front court is deeper, Big Z, Varajao and Powe have all played big minutes for conference champions in the past and Orlando's back ups, even Gorat, can't keep up with that kind of depth. If Howard went down with an injury, the Magic's season would be over, and that lack of depth speaks to why they can't repeat last season's accomplishments. Look at what teams like L.A., who lost Bynum and still got to the finals, or the Spurs, who won close to 60 games last season despite the fact that Parker, Duncan and Ginobili, their three best players, missed a combined 55 games last season. Those teams have the depth need to play through injury. The Magic could afford to lose a player like Carter or Lewis for a few games here and there, but in a series it would kill them, and the loss of Howard would sink the team altogether.

SteveNash
11-04-2009, 05:03 PM

What? Did you feel sorry for Indiana when Artest got suspended for a year due to his own stupidity? Lewis cheated and got caught. I'm not going to overrate Orlando just because they won 3 whole games without him.

They lost because they got outplayed, the same problems they ran into against the Lakers were exposed again. Dwight is lost on defense and his offense is still raw. Orlando wanted to use excuses, Wince was crying about his injury and Howard cried about his shoulder being hurt. Orlando proved once again that they're not a championship caliber team. They lost because they decided to take 35 3s. They lost because they were mentally weak.

You realize my post is a counter to people hyping the Magic after 3 games right?

It's all hyperbole, the worse team in the league has a chance to win the championship, but would you call out someone that said Sacramento has no chance to get to the Finals? Probably not. The point remains the same, Orlando has virtually no shot at getting back.

Orlando has struggled when every they've gotten to the playoffs with this core. They only lucked out with KG being injured and the Cavs having a bad matchup. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Atlanta came out on top.

celtscrushlaker
11-04-2009, 06:45 PM
steve nash you sound like that girl in the motel when kobe had his way with her in denver you have no evidence how can you bust on a magic team that is injured and still winning sounds like your afraid they are going to beat your suns down tonight and when they come to the garden friday night i promise they will lose by twenty five points

celtscrushlaker
11-04-2009, 07:21 PM
Your so pretty

yeah our bench is pretty scary unlike yours however pretty yeah kobe thinks sasha is pretty do you

USMCLaker
11-04-2009, 07:36 PM
yeah our bench is pretty scary unlike yours however pretty yeah kobe thinks sasha is pretty do you

Your so cute, you feisty little senorita, do you have a boyfriend?

sunnydayin'zona
11-04-2009, 07:44 PM
steve nash you sound like that girl in the motel when kobe had his way with her in denver you have no evidence how can you bust on a magic team that is injured and still winning sounds like your afraid they are going to beat your suns down tonight and when they come to the garden friday night i promise they will lose by twenty five points

Well arent you confident, we shall see. Remember, suns and celtics are BOTH undefeated and BOTH playing really great ball.

as for tonight, though, the magic team is pretty battered. I could see this going in favor of the suns.

Nash-Nelson
JRich-Pietrus
Hill-Matt Barnes
Amare-Ryan anderson
Frye-D12

With VC out, Lewis out, Barbs out, this leaves the starters ^^^. (even though barbs isnt a starter anyway) D12 is playing injured and in pain, and matt barnes was hill's backup last season on the suns. nash is playing like he's in his mvp seasons, amare somehow decided to play defense this season(as well as jrich), and jrich is scoring like he's in golden state. i see it coming down to an offensive battle especially behind the 3 point line.

theuuord
11-04-2009, 07:48 PM
What? Did you feel sorry for Indiana when Artest got suspended for a year due to his own stupidity? Lewis cheated and got caught. I'm not going to overrate Orlando just because they won 3 whole games without him.

Artest physically attacked a fan who attacked him. Lewis took a substance he didn't know was banned and apologized profusely for it. Totally not the same thing.

They lost because they got outplayed, the same problems they ran into against the Lakers were exposed again. Dwight is lost on defense and his offense is still raw. Orlando wanted to use excuses, Wince was crying about his injury and Howard cried about his shoulder being hurt. Orlando proved once again that they're not a championship caliber team. They lost because they decided to take 35 3s. They lost because they were mentally weak.

They lost because Ryan Anderson shot 1-11 from 3 and Dwight Howard fouled out in like 15 minutes. That's way off his career norms. If Anderson shoots anything close to normal and Dwight stays on the floor for 25 minutes or more they win that game by double digits.
It has nothing to do with "mental weakness" or any other made-up criticism people bestow upon basketball millionaires. It's a game of probability, and the dice rolled in the wrong direction. It happens.

Also, calling Carter Wince is really outplayed and only gets done by extremely bitter Raptors fans (who don't even really do it anymore.) It's pretty childish at best and outright idiotic at worst, considering that Carter has played more games in the last three seasons than 95% of the NBA (including hard-*** for life Kevin Garnett).

You realize my post is a counter to people hyping the Magic after 3 games right?

And you realize that they were hyped up way before then, too? There's a reason for it.

It's all hyperbole, the worse team in the league has a chance to win the championship, but would you call out someone that said Sacramento has no chance to get to the Finals? Probably not. The point remains the same, Orlando has virtually no shot at getting back.

Um, the worst team in the league does not have a chance to win the championship, because the worst team in the league would never make the playoffs.

And are you really putting the Kings and the Magic on the same plane here? Usually when I read your posts I disagree with them, but I at least see some sort of logical train of thought. You're completely derailed here.

Orlando has struggled when every they've gotten to the playoffs with this core. They only lucked out with KG being injured and the Cavs having a bad matchup.

Orlando has never been to the playoffs with this core, because this core has four new players (Carter, Bass, Anderson, and Barnes). It's a new team.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Atlanta came out on top.

Wow dude. I'm not really sure what to say to you now. This is pretty shocking for anyone to say. Atlanta is in no way near the conversation for top 3 in the East, and they're without a doubt the 4th team in the East. That's how much higher the top 3 are.

sunnydayin'zona
11-04-2009, 07:52 PM
alto i suppose we shall see in about a minute whats going to happen.

Chronz
11-04-2009, 08:05 PM
LOL lets go Trophico, you cant bring your C game against uuord

PS Uuord Im redoing my rosters to fit the updated tendencies, but yes those were my rosters, how many stoners do you think there are in this world that apply APBR to their video games?

theuuord
11-04-2009, 08:32 PM
LOL lets go Trophico, you cant bring your C game against uuord

PS Uuord Im redoing my rosters to fit the updated tendencies, but yes those were my rosters, how many stoners do you think there are in this world that apply APBR to their video games?

do i count? :p

I like them mostly but I didn't delve into them too deeply since I weren't sure if they were yours. Let me know when you're done with the update.

j-mart
11-04-2009, 11:03 PM
Just because he isn't on the highlight reel jamming all over the place like he was in 1998-2001, doesn't mean he doesn't drive. Watch the games and then make a more observant judgement.

I said he doesn't DRIVE anymore...you must have thought that I meant that he doesn't DIVE anymore which he clearly does.

Someone should start a thread with a poll of how many games Carter will miss this year.

D Roses Bulls
11-04-2009, 11:14 PM
I said he doesn't DRIVE anymore...you must have thought that I meant that he doesn't DIVE anymore which he clearly does.

Someone should start a thread with a poll of how many games Carter will miss this year.

actually the most games carter has ever missed in a season in his career was 6-8 and that was two years ago with the nets. carter is not known to be injured or fake injuries

sunnydayin'zona
11-04-2009, 11:16 PM
ouch...in the suns magic game, grant hill and jason richardson both did not score.

SteveNash
11-04-2009, 11:19 PM

Kobe isn't ghetto enough to stay in a motel.

Artest physically attacked a fan who attacked him. Lewis took a substance he didn't know was banned and apologized profusely for it. Totally not the same thing.

Rashard Lewis' excuse was that he didn't know. Just like Andre Agassi's excuse was that his friend slipped meth in his soda. Just like Richard Gasquet's claim that he tested positive for cocaine by kissing a woman. If Rashard really didn't know what he was taking, all that proves is that he's just as dumb as Artest.

They lost because Ryan Anderson shot 1-11 from 3 and Dwight Howard fouled out in like 15 minutes. That's way off his career norms. If Anderson shoots anything close to normal and Dwight stays on the floor for 25 minutes or more they win that game by double digits.
It has nothing to do with "mental weakness" or any other made-up criticism people bestow upon basketball millionaires. It's a game of probability, and the dice rolled in the wrong direction. It happens.

Also, calling Carter Wince is really outplayed and only gets done by extremely bitter Raptors fans (who don't even really do it anymore.) It's pretty childish at best and outright idiotic at worst, considering that Carter has played more games in the last three seasons than 95% of the NBA (including hard-*** for life Kevin Garnett).

They lost because they got outplayed. Tayshaun played like 600 straight games him missing a game is an abnormality. No excuses, Magic got outplayed, showed they were the inferior team. You usually have bad performances by players when you get worked like the Pistons did to the Magic.

As for Wince, I think it's even more childish to fake an injury because you're pouting about the bad team you're on. And who thinks KG is hard? Wince?

Um, the worst team in the league does not have a chance to win the championship, because the worst team in the league would never make the playoffs.

And are you really putting the Kings and the Magic on the same plane here? Usually when I read your posts I disagree with them, but I at least see some sort of logical train of thought. You're completely derailed here.

I meant the worse team in the league right now, has the possibility of making a run and winning a championship. I think it's pretty easy to follow.

Odds of getting to the finals.:
Kings 1 in 1,000,000
Magic 1 in 1,000

Both have a chance it's just extremely small.

Orlando has never been to the playoffs with this core, because this core has four new players (Carter, Bass, Anderson, and Barnes). It's a new team.

I'm sorry, I did not realize you thought Matt Barnes was part of their core.

Wow dude. I'm not really sure what to say to you now. This is pretty shocking for anyone to say. Atlanta is in no way near the conversation for top 3 in the East, and they're without a doubt the 4th team in the East. That's how much higher the top 3 are.

Last I checked, Atlanta has 1 loss with that loss coming against the best team in the West. Orlando's loss came to Detroit a team that will be lucky to make the playoffs.

*Superman*
11-04-2009, 11:20 PM
@ sunnyday^Lol yeah i saw that too, for all the doubters Magic win 122-100 w/o Carter. So this team hasn't even played one game with all the real starters and we are 4-1. Pieturs missed 2 games because of the flu, Carter because of the ankle sprain and Shard out for 10.

Looking forward to redeeming ourselves on Friday.

*Superman*
11-04-2009, 11:33 PM

Rashard Lewis' excuse was that he didn't know. Just like Andre Agassi's excuse was that his friend slipped meth in his soda. Just like Richard Gasquet's claim that he tested positive for cocaine by kissing a woman. If Rashard really didn't know what he was taking, all that proves is that he's just as dumb as Artest.

They lost because they got outplayed. Tayshaun played like 600 straight games him missing a game is an abnormality. No excuses, Magic got outplayed, showed they were the inferior team. You usually have bad performances by players when you get worked like the Pistons did to the Magic.

As for Wince, I think it's even more childish to fake an injury because you're pouting about the bad team you're on. And who thinks KG is hard? Wince?

I meant the worse team in the league right now, has the possibility of making a run and winning a championship. I think it's pretty easy to follow.

Kings 1 in 1,000,000
Magic 1 in 1,000

Last I checked, Atlanta has 1 loss with that loss coming against the best team in the West. Orlando's loss came to Detroit a team that will be lucky to make the playoffs.

Shard isn't the type of person Artest is. He isn't the one getting into fights and in-trouble, so cut his some damn slack. We had a bad shooting night. Look at the previous 2 games and tonight's game. Every team has bad nights. Yesterday, LA had to got to OT with Thunder, lucky to even win by 3pts. Right now Boston is going head to head with Minny(only won by 2). Magic have more then 1 in 1,000 chance of winning lol fail. Not part of the core, but a main role player, check his stats against your Suns. Detroit has Orlando's number, ill admit that. But really, does this one game mean that much when you even said they won't make playoffs.

D Roses Bulls
11-04-2009, 11:34 PM

Kings 1 in 1,000,000
Magic 1 in 1,000

you put the magic and kings in the same sentence? :facepalm: your saying its a 1 in 1000 chance they back to the finals even though they are the defending champs? :facepalm: the fact is they just upgraded and you give them a slight chance :facepalm: i swear they could win 70 games this year and you would still say something ridiculous like the cavs are better then them.

j-mart
11-05-2009, 12:00 AM
actually the most games carter has ever missed in a season in his career was 6-8 and that was two years ago with the nets. carter is not known to be injured or fake injuries

Not true...check your history. He missed 22 games in 2001-2002 and half the season in 2002-2003.

D Roses Bulls
11-05-2009, 12:03 AM
Not true...check your history. He missed 22 games in 2001-2002 and half the season in 2002-2003.

you right you right...... lookin in the wrong box, lol.

*Superman*
11-05-2009, 12:04 AM
That wasn't recent though.

j-mart
11-05-2009, 12:15 AM
That wasn't recent though.

...but this year's count has already begun.

theuuord
11-05-2009, 01:40 AM

So what you're saying is, since other people lie, Rashard Lewis must have been lying? Look. I get that athletes aren't angels. Personally I don't care if Rashard Lewis didn't know or if he was shooting up daily. Either way, he owned up to a mistake, apologized, and is serving his suspension. Move on.

Not one thing you said disproved a single thing I said. The Magic's star player was out for most of the game due to foul trouble, three of their starters were unable to play, and Ryan Anderson shot probably the worst game of his career. As a result, they lost by 5 to a team that's probably going to make the playoffs.

Guess what? Teams lose games. It happens. As I said earlier, the Lakers - the best team in the league last season - got swept by the Bobcats last season. These things happen. Stop blowing them out of context.

This is a totally separate argument, but the Raptors had the worst front office in all of basketball from the time they drafted Carter to the time they drafted Bosh. I would have wanted out too.
And the most childish thing of all is to hold the mistakes of the Raptor FO over Carter's head five years later.

Seriously dude. Calling him Wince Carter is basically stamping a label on your forehead that says "I'm a petty moron."

No, they don't. The chances in that case are so infinitesimal that they're not even worth discussing. Any statistician or human with a brain will tell you that.

Kings 1 in 1,000,000

Far less than that.

Magic 1 in 1,000

Far more than that.

Take a stats class.

I'm sorry, I did not realize you thought any of their new players weren't part of their core.
But go ahead, please argue that Carter isn't a part of the core. It's good to laugh.

And last I checked we're one freaking week into the season. The Thunder have a better record than the Blazers right now. There are 82 games in a basketball season. Get used to watching them all.

But hey, as long as we're making knee-jerk reactions about one game:

Not a Suns fan, but please, Phoenix has owned the Magic almost as much as Detroit has.

How'd that work out?

Still missing two starters. Ryan Anderson didn't shoot 1-11 from deep, Howard played over 20 minutes, and Pietrus was back....Seems to be interesting how that works out, isn't it?

Raph12
11-05-2009, 01:59 AM
Well, well, well Steve Nash, I predicted the Magic would whoop your poor excuse of a championship contender in Phoenix and guess what... they did just that. Furthermore, I said they'd show you that Nash was too old to play with the young stars in the league and guess what... they proved that also.

Nash's stat line for the night:
22:06mins 5-11fgs 2-4threes 0-1fts -24+/- 2rebs 4asts 0stls 3tos 0blks 12pts

He was upstaged by Dragic :laugh:

Don't test me Nash, your opinions are always ignorant and idiotic, rarely do you have an arguement actually worth looking at.

D Roses Bulls
11-05-2009, 07:53 AM
Well, well, well Steve Nash, I predicted the Magic would whoop your poor excuse of a championship contender in Phoenix and guess what... they did just that. Furthermore, I said they'd show you that Nash was too old to play with the young stars in the league and guess what... they proved that also.

Don't test me Nash, your opinions are always ignorant and idiotic, rarely do you have an arguement actually worth looking at.

agreed and if i didnt have alife, i would treat this guy harder nd go into more detail which he would never treat them magic again

celtscrushlaker
11-05-2009, 02:39 PM
Your so cute, you feisty little senorita, do you have a boyfriend?

yeah his name is kobe

Double_R
11-05-2009, 03:07 PM
Hey Steve Nash

Snorting and drinking meth aren't in the same ball park as taking a supplement that has a banned substance in it, since like 30+ supplements at the nutrition store have it in them. Rashard took a supplement that they sell at GNC or Vitamin Shoppe not a drug that is made from Drano

Another intelligent comment....

How bout Steve Nash last night, he really balled out. THe magic are so deep it's redix

SteveNash
11-05-2009, 05:18 PM
So what you're saying is, since other people lie, Rashard Lewis must have been lying? Look. I get that athletes aren't angels. Personally I don't care if Rashard Lewis didn't know or if he was shooting up daily. Either way, he owned up to a mistake, apologized, and is serving his suspension. Move on.

I'm saying athletes are always going to bring up some excuse because there is basically nothing to gain by admitting that they knowingly took steroids. It was you who took Lewis' word and said he unknowingly took a banned substance. As I said, he's either extremely stupid, or a liar.

Not one thing you said disproved a single thing I said. The Magic's star player was out for most of the game due to foul trouble, three of their starters were unable to play, and Ryan Anderson shot probably the worst game of his career. As a result, they lost by 5 to a team that's probably going to make the playoffs.

Guess what? Teams lose games. It happens. As I said earlier, the Lakers - the best team in the league last season - got swept by the Bobcats last season. These things happen. Stop blowing them out of context.

As I've said, the Detroit showed what Orlando was made of. I'm not basing it on one game but a series of games that show all the flaws of Orlando. You can bring up the Charlotte games last season and if you'd analyze them correctly, you'd come to the correct assumption that Lakers continually play down to the level of their competition.

This is a totally separate argument, but the Raptors had the worst front office in all of basketball from the time they drafted Carter to the time they drafted Bosh. I would have wanted out too.
And the most childish thing of all is to hold the mistakes of the Raptor FO over Carter's head five years later.

Seriously dude. Calling him Wince Carter is basically stamping a label on your forehead that says "I'm a petty moron."

There's a difference between wanting out and faking injury. Between wanting out and telling your opponent what play your team is going to run.

No, they don't. The chances in that case are so infinitesimal that they're not even worth discussing. Any statistician or human with a brain will tell you that.

Yes, I know which is what I was saying. I was just clearing up that they technically have a chance since you got so bent out of shape when I said they had no chance.

I'm sorry, I did not realize you thought any of their new players weren't part of their core.
But go ahead, please argue that Carter isn't a part of the core. It's good to laugh.

Interchangeable role players aren't part of the core. Carter is but he's a downgrade from Hedo.

And last I checked we're one freaking week into the season. The Thunder have a better record than the Blazers right now. There are 82 games in a basketball season. Get used to watching them all.

All I'm saying is you can't write Atlanta off right now especially with how weak Orlando is. I said Orlando is a top 3 team right now, but as you say it's a long season and I wouldn't be surprised to see Atlanta come out ahead of Orlando.

But hey, as long as we're making knee-jerk reactions about one game:

How'd that work out?

Still missing two starters. Ryan Anderson didn't shoot 1-11 from deep, Howard played over 20 minutes, and Pietrus was back....Seems to be interesting how that works out, isn't it?

I guess I'll just do what Orlando fans do, make excuses.

Grant Hill didn't score, never happen again.
Richardson didn't score, never happen again.
Barbosa was injured.
It was the second night of a back to back.

Phoenix is best team in the West! :yawn:

Did you predict the Pistons would whip the Magic? No, psychic then huh.

But yeah Nash did play pretty bad considering he was playing against such a ****** player in Nelson.

Hey Steve Nash

Snorting and drinking meth aren't in the same ball park as taking a supplement that has a banned substance in it, since like 30+ supplements at the nutrition store have it in them. Rashard took a supplement that they sell at GNC or Vitamin Shoppe not a drug that is made from Drano

Another intelligent comment....

How bout Steve Nash last night, he really balled out. THe magic are so deep it's redix

Were you monitoring Rashard 24/7 to see everything he was taking? No. As I said there are two options, Rashard is dumb as nails or he's a cheat. Supplements list active ingredients, he can't read or what?

MAGICCRUSHcavs
11-05-2009, 05:56 PM
Hey stevenash your opinion is as worthless as the suns attempt to play defense. The suns are pretenders every year. So just go away like the suns Championship hopes do every year. :clap:

*Superman*
11-05-2009, 06:03 PM
Hey stevenash your opinion is as worthless as the suns attempt to play defense. The suns are pretenders every year. So just go away like the suns Championship hopes do every year. :clap:

:ouch:

Its not the Suns fans, Stevenash just makes them look bad.

Chateamsfan
11-05-2009, 06:18 PM
Im a Bobcats fan and I am not scared! With our defense we can stop the Magic anytime or anywhere.

*Superman*
11-05-2009, 06:28 PM
Im a Bobcats fan and I am not scared! With our defense we can stop the Magic anytime or anywhere.

:laugh2:..........:facepalm:

what54!?
11-05-2009, 06:29 PM
when they get there whole team together they should be nasty

floridian321
11-05-2009, 06:30 PM

:cricket:

Chateamsfan
11-05-2009, 07:34 PM
Yeah keep laughing now but The Charlotte Bobcats will show just how better people make them out to be!

njnets825
11-05-2009, 08:27 PM
they're good but not scary yet? they haven't even played at full strenth and they'll still need some time after to see what they're about. plus they haven't played any of the other elite teams to measure

theuuord
11-05-2009, 09:40 PM
I'm saying athletes are always going to bring up some excuse because there is basically nothing to gain by admitting that they knowingly took steroids. It was you who took Lewis' word and said he unknowingly took a banned substance. As I said, he's either extremely stupid, or a liar.

And I don't care either way. But then again I could care less about PED's in pretty much any sport.
Even if you do care, he's serving a suspension, and after it's lifted it will be over with.

As I've said, the Detroit showed what Orlando was made of. I'm not basing it on one game but a series of games that show all the flaws of Orlando. You can bring up the Charlotte games last season and if you'd analyze them correctly, you'd come to the correct assumption that Lakers continually play down to the level of their competition.

There is no "series of games" yet. They've only played 5 games this season. For what it's worth, the Magic have won 4 of them, all by double digits (minus one game they won by 9), and lost one by five.
You are grossly overstating the impact of one loss and grossly understating Ryan Anderson missing ten threes.

There's a difference between wanting out and faking injury. Between wanting out and telling your opponent what play your team is going to run.

There's also a difference between having a second option in Antonio Davis who is both way less efficient and scores less than half of your output, and a legitimate player. But again, this is for another debate.

Yes, I know which is what I was saying. I was just clearing up that they technically have a chance since you got so bent out of shape when I said they had no chance.

And if you think the Magic have a 1 in 1,000 chance you're delusional.

Interchangeable role players aren't part of the core. Carter is but he's a downgrade from Hedo.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=387772
Try again.

All I'm saying is you can't write Atlanta off right now especially with how weak Orlando is. I said Orlando is a top 3 team right now, but as you say it's a long season and I wouldn't be surprised to see Atlanta come out ahead of Orlando.

And I'm saying you've invented these weaknesses based off one game where if Ryan Anderson shoots 3-11 from behind the arc they win the game. They haven't been at full strength once this entire season and have still been dominating their opponents.
Atlanta is without a doubt the 4th best team in the East. You'll get no argument from anyone sane about that. But those same sane people will also say that they are FAR from the 3rd spot.

I guess I'll just do what Orlando fans do, make excuses.

Grant Hill didn't score, never happen again.
Richardson didn't score, never happen again.
Barbosa was injured.
It was the second night of a back to back.

Phoenix is best team in the West! :yawn:

They lost by 22 to a team missing two major starters. Orlando lost their one game by 5. Your excuses are invalid.

D Roses Bulls
11-06-2009, 01:05 AM

:eyebrow:

Raph12
11-06-2009, 01:26 AM
Did you predict the Pistons would whip the Magic? No, psychic then huh.

But yeah Nash did play pretty bad considering he was playing against such a ****** player in Nelson.

No, but I predicted without Howard game over, so I guess I am psychic after all. Doesn't take a psychic to know that an inferior team will lose and even an elite team will lose without their leader/best player.

Btw I knew Nash would have trouble because Nelson is quick enough to keep up with him, so Nash penetrating didn't attract as much attention. Plus with Howard down-low and being one of the best bigs in transition, on both ends, Nash would have to rely on his jumper instead of slashing to the rim.

Raph12
11-06-2009, 01:27 AM

Even if the Bobcats do stop them, your team couldn't score to save their lives, sooooo...

D Roses Bulls
11-06-2009, 06:25 AM
Even if the Bobcats do stop them, your team couldn't score to save their lives, sooooo...

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

caseyv415
11-06-2009, 07:47 AM
Yeah keep laughing now but The Charlotte Bobcats will show just how better people make them out to be!

:eyebrow: