PDA

View Full Version : Rajon Rondo speaks about Chris Paul to Kendrick Perkins

JordansBulls
11-01-2009, 03:30 PM
Source: Hornetshype (http://hornetshype.com/wp/2009/10/31/and-tonight-in-the-role-of-rafer-alston-we-have-rajon-rondo/)

Kendrick Perkins told Chris Mannix of SI that Rajon Rondo said "Chris Paul has the stats that he has because he has the ball in his hands all game."

Look, forget about what Rondo said. I’m sure every point guard– in his own mind, anyway– thinks he’s the greatest. Forget about the fact that he totally has it backwards; put Chris Paul on the Celtics with Pierce, Garnett, and Allen, and they’d win like 75 games, is more like it. The funniest part about this is, I cannot imagine what Perkins was thinking, telling that to a media guy. I mean, what did he think was going to happen there?

Vinny642
11-01-2009, 03:34 PM
Rondo, that little alien looking *** is really talking ****?
Paul has the way more complete game, is a better leader, has better vision. Switch Paul for Rondo, than the Celtics got another championship headed there way.

IRUAM #21
11-01-2009, 03:35 PM
Chris Paul does have the ball all the time :shrug:

1-800-STFU
11-01-2009, 03:36 PM
Are you kidding me?? Rondo >>>> God.

Clearly the Celtics will win 75 games this year, they are just that amazing.

IRUAM #21
11-01-2009, 03:37 PM

It's over - Celtics will be NBA Champions :clap:

goshhhjosh
11-01-2009, 03:42 PM
Another thread started by Jordans Bulls to get people pissed at the Celtics.

WITZ
11-01-2009, 03:42 PM
Rondo should Shut Up and develop a jump shot point guards typically have the ball in their hands most of the time :facepalm: . Oh yeah Paul>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rondo.

topdog
11-01-2009, 03:43 PM
I am not surprised Rondo said that, hell, he's around guys who say their the best player in the world (Pierce) and another head case in Garnett, plus who knows what Ray Allen says about himself as a shooter (maybe nothing, i don't honestly know). I like those guys no doubt but for their play not their words. I think Rondo is amazing and works well with the group he has. If I were starting a franchise though, say hello to Paul.

Strumpy
11-01-2009, 03:55 PM
Rondo, this is why nobody on the team likes you...
This kid will never mature :facepalm:

USMCLaker
11-01-2009, 03:59 PM
Hell, if you guys don't want Rondo we'll take him.

ko8e24
11-01-2009, 04:01 PM
Hell, if you guys don't want Rondo we'll take him.

uuuhhh no thanx, we're fine

Litchris12
11-01-2009, 04:02 PM
rondo is just hatin.....wait till he signs that extension then we really gonna see his mouth move then.

TheKing23
11-01-2009, 04:11 PM
Rondo is a douche...

MalkinIsMagic
11-01-2009, 04:15 PM
Rondo's right... Why are you guys complaining about this?

deuces
11-01-2009, 04:16 PM
It's over - Celtics will be NBA Champions :clap:

they're getting fitted for the rings next week

lakerboy
11-01-2009, 04:21 PM
No contract extension.

D Roses Bulls
11-01-2009, 04:36 PM
Rondo's right... Why are you guys complaining about this?

what are you smoking? rondo is no where near chris paul

Punkindrublic03
11-01-2009, 04:40 PM
D will > CP3 > D Rose > C Billups > Nash > T Parker etc, etc, etc, > Rondo

Rondo Overrated

IRUAM #21
11-01-2009, 04:40 PM
Rondo didn't compare himself to Paul. He didn't even say anything too terrible.

Rajon Rondo said "Chris Paul has the stats that he has because he has the ball in his hands all game."

That's all he said :shrug:

MalkinIsMagic
11-01-2009, 04:41 PM

Did you read the quote? He didn't say he was better... He said Paul has better stats because he always has the ball...

Bruno
11-01-2009, 04:42 PM
Through three games Rondo is averaging 12.3 apg, 2.3 spg, 5.7 rpg in 31.3 mpg, on 62% FG shooting. He's playing less than three full quarters per game, and is only shooting the ball five times a game. Rondo IS putting up Paul like numbers, in every category except scoring.

mrmike101
11-01-2009, 04:44 PM

Paul is overall better and has a little more balance to his game than rondo, but it's not out of the question it's arguable. When rondo was the center peice he damm near averaged a triple double in the playoffs, most of you guys are just haters. And it's not even like rondo went to the media with this, the majority of you guys are haters.

abe_froman
11-01-2009, 04:46 PM
Paul is overall better and has a little more balance to his game than rondo, but it's not out of the question it's arguable. When rondo was the center peice he damm near averaged a triple double in the playoffs, most of you guys are just haters. And it's not even like rondo went to the media with this, the majority of you guys are haters.

:laugh:

now who's overrating...

redsox0717
11-01-2009, 04:47 PM
Rondo is exactly the type of point guard you want. He is unselfish, doesn't care about padding his scoring stats like Paul, has fantastic court vision, rebounding ability, and passing skills. He fits in absolutely perfect with the Celtics who have enough pure scorers. Making an arbitrary list of best point guards is pointless because a lot of point guards have a different game and help a team in different ways.

I'm not saying Rondo is better than Paul, but I'm saying that Rondo gives the better Celtics a better chance at winning than a player like Paul because he is more of a pure point guard who looks to pass first as opposed to Paul who more often than not looks to score first, pass second. Which is fine on a team like the Hornets, but on a stacked team like the Celtics it wouldn't work as well.

junion
11-01-2009, 04:54 PM
it doesnt seem like rondo is saying anything about chris paul, he's just telling the celtics he wants the ball more - probably because he's upset about the extension.

Vinny642
11-01-2009, 04:57 PM
Rondo is exactly the type of point guard you want. He is unselfish, doesn't care about padding his scoring stats like Paul, has fantastic court vision, rebounding ability, and passing skills. He fits in bsolutely perfect with the Celtics who have enough pure scorers. Making an arbitrary list of best point guards is pointless because a lot of point guards have a different game and help a team in different ways.

I'm not saying Rondo is better than Paul, but I'm saying that Rondo gives the better Celtics a better chance at winning than a player like Paul because he is more of a pure point guard who looks to pass first as opposed to Paul who more often than not looks to score first, pass second. Which is fine on a team like the Hornets, but on a stacked team like the Celtics it wouldn't work as well.

Paul is a better rebounder, has way better court vision, and has better leadership qualities, and always tries to win. All better then Rondo.

nipo10847
11-01-2009, 05:12 PM
Rondo is no where close to chris paul...Chris paul is the best point gaurd by far in the league. His closest people are D williams and Steve Nash. Billups and parker are different types and they are great too. But rondo simply can't make a commnent on chris paul because there is a huge gap between them.

IRUAM #21
11-01-2009, 05:15 PM
Nice to see that PSD members can read.

Vinny642
11-01-2009, 05:16 PM

LOL I read, but people are comparing Paul and Rondo now, I just dont like Rondo period, he should never say the words Chris Paul in his life!

1-800-STFU
11-01-2009, 05:16 PM

Eye dunnnnnn undurrrrstod wat U saiz

Bullsfan22
11-01-2009, 05:19 PM
CP3 is the best pg in the league hands down. If rondo wants to say cp3 has the ball in his all the time you can say rondo has the most talent around him than any pg in the league which allows him to rack up assist! Watching him against the bulls the amount of easy assist he get is ridiculous! pick and pop with sheed and kg and wait till ray allen roll off screens all game...he has it so easy. If duhon averaged 7-9 assist with the knicks you can easily say he can average as much as rondo if he was on the celtics.

Toenail Clipper
11-01-2009, 05:23 PM
Its even Rose>Rondo!

MalkinIsMagic
11-01-2009, 05:25 PM
CP3 is the best pg in the league hands down. If rondo wants to say cp3 has the ball in his all the time you can say rondo has the most talent around him than any pg in the league which allows him to rack up assist! Watching him against the bulls the amount of easy assist he get is ridiculous! pick and pop with sheed and kg and wait till ray allen roll off screens all game...he has it so easy. If duhon averaged 7-9 assist with the knicks you can easily say he can average as much as rondo if he was on the celtics.

The length people will go to complain about Rondo is ridiculous.

Bullsfan22
11-01-2009, 05:29 PM

whose complaining? he's in the wrong and he's nit picking so he deserve to get nit picked back. How about he work to get as good as cp3 and maybe he can have more ball control.

azkarraga
11-01-2009, 05:32 PM
If those words are his way to put pressure into his negotiations, that strategy is clearly a mistake. Comparing himself to CP3 is as he doesn't recognize his role on his team. Or, and this is even worst, as if he doesn't understand his role. He's not on the Celtics to become CP3 or DW; that's not what they want or need from him.

He's young and strong, but not wise. And that's what makes lots of people doubt him.

b_rad23
11-01-2009, 05:34 PM
I will say this from an outsider's perspective: Paul is way better, but Rondo appears to be gaining on him. Rondo is pretty great in his own right, he's just not on the elite level Paul is and probably never will be. This is no slight at Rondo.

Anyways, the comment is somewhat true, but that's true of almost all elite players. Lebron, Wade, Paul, Kobe, etc. all have the ball in their hands a ton.That's the nature of the beast, you want the ball in your best player's hands. So congrats to Rondo for stating the obvious.

Bullsfan22
11-01-2009, 05:39 PM
I will say this from an outsider's perspective: Paul is way better, but Rondo appears to be gaining on him. Rondo is pretty great in his own right, he's just not on the elite level Paul is and probably never will be. This is no slight at Rondo.

Anyways, the comment is somewhat true, but that's true of almost all elite players. Lebron, Wade, Paul, Kobe, etc. all have the ball in their hands a ton.That's the nature of the beast, you want the ball in your best player's hands. So congrats to Rondo for stating the obvious.

agree 100% he's good enough to not even worry about what anyone else is doing. That's why I called it nit picking because every superstar has the ball in his hands a lot.

Reversed86Curse
11-01-2009, 05:40 PM

Agree'd.
First, he didn't say anything negative, and wasn't saying that he was better than Paul. Second, for all the haters that say Rondo only gets the assists he gets because he has 3 HOF's around him, you could just as easily say that Paul (who I personally think is the best PG in the league, but not best pure point) gets the points he gets because he's got noone around him to take the scoring burden from him.

Rondo plays extremely well with in the system that he has to play in, so it's not his fault that he had more scoring threats than some others. Just like they used to say that AI only scored so many points because he always took 50 shots a game.

Bullsfan22
11-01-2009, 05:47 PM
Agree'd.
First, he didn't say anything negative, and wasn't saying that he was better than Paul. Second, for all the haters that say Rondo only gets the assists he gets because he has 3 HOF's around him, you could just as easily say that Paul (who I personally think is the best PG in the league, but not best pure point) gets the points he gets because he's got noone around him to take the scoring burden from him.

Rondo plays extremely well with in the system that he has to play in, so it's not his fault that he had more scoring threats than some others. Just like they used to say that AI only scored so many points because he always took 50 shots a game.

yeah and it's cp3's fault he's the only play maker on his team :eyebrow: cp3 has 3 HOF? name them?

Reversed86Curse
11-01-2009, 05:49 PM
[/B]

yeah and it's cp3's fault he's the only play maker on his team :eyebrow:

It isnt', that's my point

J_M_B
11-01-2009, 06:08 PM
Paul is a better rebounder, has way better court vision, and has better leadership qualities, and always tries to win. All better then Rondo.

Rondo doesn't try to win?

You can argue that Rondo is a better rebounder. I actually believe Rondo has better court vision than Paul...

Rondo never said he was better than Chris Paul. He told Perkins "Chris Paul has the stats that he has because he has the ball in his hands all game."

I find it more shocking that Perkins actually told this to the media.:facepalm:

bigsams50
11-01-2009, 06:10 PM
Rondo rondo rondo......

also what was kendrick thinking telling the media?

J_M_B
11-01-2009, 06:11 PM
[/B]

yeah and it's cp3's fault he's the only play maker on his team :eyebrow: cp3 has 3 HOF? name them?

He said Rondo has 3 Hall of Famers around him, not Paul...I think

Reversed86Curse
11-01-2009, 06:22 PM
Agree'd.

I never said Paul has HOF's around him, read the entire post

mikantsass
11-01-2009, 06:45 PM
More Celtics and Rondo hate from JordansBulls.

mjt20mik
11-01-2009, 06:50 PM
Rondo is exactly the type of point guard you want. He is unselfish, doesn't care about padding his scoring stats like Paul, has fantastic court vision, rebounding ability, and passing skills. He fits in absolutely perfect with the Celtics who have enough pure scorers. Making an arbitrary list of best point guards is pointless because a lot of point guards have a different game and help a team in different ways.

AHAHAH.

Wow. Dude that's the last thing Paul is. Your post makes no sense what so ever.

Career Stats:

19.8 ppg 9.9 apg 4.8 rpg 2.4 spg - 47.1 FG 34.6 3FG

Paul

9.6 ppg 5.8 apg 4.4 rpg 1.7 spg - 48.1 FG 27.1 3FG

Rondo

So seriously, pull your head out of your rear, and stop being a homer. The only reason Paul looks to score more, is because he doesn't have 3 potential Hall of Famers on his team. Don't forget, Paul still leads his team to the playoffs, even without big names in his team. I DOUBT Rondo would be able to do the stuff he does.

WillisLovechild
11-01-2009, 07:08 PM
Rondo = FAIL

TheKing23
11-01-2009, 07:59 PM
Wow, Rondo's really got a problem with Paul. Just gave him that cheap shot under the basket... Jealousy is a horrible thing. He knows he'll never be as good as Paul and he hates that...

MackSnackWrap
11-01-2009, 08:03 PM
Rondo= the biggest douche bag in the universe

magichatnumber9
11-01-2009, 08:23 PM

Chris Paul is not a better defender and there court vision and basketball IQ are even. Chris Paul is a much better shooter. which is why he had 30pts and 4-5 assists and Rondo had 16assists. This whole he is way better **** is just you snuffing Rondo because you feel any up and coming point guard is a threat to your precious Chris Paul. Chris Paul is the best point guard in the league, but you make the drop off after that ridiculous. I know Chris Paul is all your only super star but calm down its ****ing twitter man. When he you hear from Rondo's mouth then you can bark

NYY NYJ NYK
11-01-2009, 08:40 PM
Rondo should Shut Up and develop a jump shot point guards typically have the ball in their hands most of the time :facepalm: . Oh yeah Paul>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rondo.

:nod:

_KB24_
11-01-2009, 09:04 PM
Rondo does make a point......

Although Paul is the much, MUCH better scorer, Rondo is nearly on par on the other aspects of the game. I feel Rondo is the better rebounder, and they both have good court vision. Paul is a leader though and can take over games, not really sure that Rondo can even TRY to do it.

Still would take Paul 10/10 times.....

BoSelecta!!!
11-01-2009, 09:07 PM
who has the bigger mouth? Rondo or Perkins?

Raps08-09 Champ
11-01-2009, 09:11 PM
The best thing Rondo has is his defense and slashing.

And Chris Paul is better at defense and slashing than him.

So I dunno what he was smoking.

Kakaroach
11-01-2009, 09:24 PM
JB must hate the Celtics. What is this, like the third or fourth thread in the past month taking a cheap shot at the Celtics players?

HouRealCoach
11-01-2009, 09:30 PM
I sure hate when good players talk **** about great players.... Only shows how much he wishes he was Paul

HouRealCoach
11-01-2009, 09:32 PM
Rondo does make a point......

Although Paul is the much, MUCH better scorer, Rondo is nearly on par on the other aspects of the game. I feel Rondo is the better rebounder, and they both have good court vision. Paul is a leader though and can take over games, not really sure that Rondo can even TRY to do it.

Still would take Paul 10/10 times.....

Paul wouldnt take over games either if he had Allen, Pierce, and Garnett

magichatnumber9
11-01-2009, 09:34 PM
You know what I hate? People who starts posts with, You know what I hate. No we don't care about you or your feelings, its a blog rtrd

ko8e24
11-01-2009, 09:41 PM
Mike James >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rajon Rondo

JordansBulls
11-01-2009, 09:46 PM
JB must hate the Celtics. What is this, like the third or fourth thread in the past month taking a cheap shot at the Celtics players?

Except it was an actual article and not my opinion on it.

Kakaroach
11-01-2009, 09:51 PM
Except it was an actual article and not my opinion on it. Except that's what you say every time. Why don't you do this for other NBA teams and players? That series really must have gutted you last year.

magichatnumber9
11-01-2009, 10:18 PM
Chris Paul had a solid game, most importantly he took Rondo out of his.

JordansBulls
11-01-2009, 10:23 PM
Except that's what you say every time. Why don't you do this for other NBA teams and players? That series really must have gutted you last year.

I do. I post pretty much about every team.

_KB24_
11-01-2009, 10:24 PM
Except that's what you say every time. Why don't you do this for other NBA teams and players? That series really must have gutted you last year.

STFU. Anyone would have posted this if they had come across this first. It's pretty interesting that Rondo said that. Thanks JB for the post and continue your great work.

As for KakaRoach, GTFO.

iggypop123
11-01-2009, 10:25 PM
rondo is stupid. thats like if joe johnson said well im as good as kobe but he just plays better

Kakaroach
11-01-2009, 10:34 PM
STFU. Anyone would have posted this if they had come across this first. It's pretty interesting that Rondo said that. Thanks JB for the post and continue your great work.

As for KakaRoach, GTFO. Actually, I came across this what, like yesterday or something? I didn't feel the need to bait Hornets or Celtics fans. And even if I did post it, why not post it in a team's forum? JB does a lot for the NBA forum, and I respect that, but this isn't the first thread he's posted directed specifically at making a Celtic player look bad. I remember the multiple Paul Pierce threads during the off-season.

Anywho, Rondo got handled tonight by CP3 on offense, so even if he did say this, hopefully he keeps his trap shut.

_KB24_
11-01-2009, 10:40 PM
Actually, I came across this what, like yesterday or something? I didn't feel the need to bait Hornets or Celtics fans. And even if I did post it, why not post it in a team's forum? JB does a lot for the NBA forum, and I respect that, but this isn't the first thread he's posted directed specifically at making a Celtic player look bad. I remember the multiple Paul Pierce threads during the off-season.

Anywho, Rondo got handled tonight by CP3 on offense, so even if he did say this, hopefully he keeps his trap shut.

Alright, my bad for the over-the top language. But I think it was okay to post it in the NBA forum rather than the individual form as I'm pretty sure I have no interest there. And as for "specifically at making a Celtic player look bad", dude, I think JB would be the last person to do that. Just look at the amount of anti-Kobe and anti-Lebron threads there were over the past 2 years. Unbelievable.

Kakaroach
11-01-2009, 10:44 PM
Alright, my bad for the over-the top language. But I think it was okay to post it in the NBA forum rather than the individual form as I'm pretty sure I have no interest there. And as for "specifically at making a Celtic player look bad", dude, I think JB would be the last person to do that. Just look at the amount of anti-Kobe and anti-Lebron threads there were over the past 2 years. Unbelievable. Haha no problem man, I understand. JB is a great guy and contributes so much to the NBA forums its just ridiculous, but I'm not the only one that thinks that way:

Another thread started by Jordans Bulls to get people pissed at the Celtics.

More Celtics and Rondo hate from JordansBulls.

celticsfan394
11-01-2009, 11:50 PM

You sound very ignorant and must not watch celtics games and see rondo's talent. He is a pure PG. And you sound dumb with the most talent around him getting him assist, rondo plays Better without them and of course they get jumpers and gets him assist but he finds the open man and gets it where they like. Also its a very difficult job when you have all them great players and getting them involved and making sure they stay sharp. He has 3 hall of famers always demanding the ball so that takes away assist so idk what ur talking about. He can burn cp3 when he wants while CP will juss cry and complain all game. Do not think I am sayin Rondo is as good if not better than Cp cuz I know he is not on his level. Comparing Rajon to Duhon tho is laughable. and Cp used to get most of his assist off chandler anyway so we will see and David West and Peja are also very good shooter and get Cp tons of assist you moron

celticsfan394
11-01-2009, 11:53 PM
Actually, I came across this what, like yesterday or something? I didn't feel the need to bait Hornets or Celtics fans. And even if I did post it, why not post it in a team's forum? JB does a lot for the NBA forum, and I respect that, but this isn't the first thread he's posted directed specifically at making a Celtic player look bad. I remember the multiple Paul Pierce threads during the off-season.

handled? he was makin his shots and a lot of that was off switches. Rondo burnt Cp whenever he wanted

celticsfan394
11-01-2009, 11:55 PM
Rondo, that little alien looking f** is really talking ****?
Paul has the way more complete game, is a better leader, has better vision. Switch Paul for Rondo, than the Celtics got another championship headed there way.

you sound stupid

celticsfan394
11-01-2009, 11:58 PM
D will > CP3 > D Rose > C Billups > Nash > T Parker etc, etc, etc, > Rondo

Rondo Overrated

That is an unintelligent statement. U sound retarted. Do u understand basketball?

celticsfan394
11-02-2009, 12:01 AM
AHAHAH.

Wow. Dude that's the last thing Paul is. Your post makes no sense what so ever.

Career Stats:

19.8 ppg 9.9 apg 4.8 rpg 2.4 spg - 47.1 FG 34.6 3FG

Paul

9.6 ppg 5.8 apg 4.4 rpg 1.7 spg - 48.1 FG 27.1 3FG

Rondo

So seriously, pull your head out of your rear, and stop being a homer. The only reason Paul looks to score more, is because he doesn't have 3 potential Hall of Famers on his team. Don't forget, Paul still leads his team to the playoffs, even without big names in his team. I DOUBT Rondo would be able to do the stuff he does.

your post makes no sense. Didnt rondo average about a triple double in play offs..without KG???? and shut up with the Career stats, if u watch and understand basketball u will see rondo gettin better and better u ignorant piece of **** Rondo has a tougher job of makin sure that all that talent around him gets involved and every1 stays sharp and the ball is outta of his hands so much from 3 HOF demanding the ball which equals less assist

jim51990
11-02-2009, 12:02 AM
the truth is people hate on rondo to much he is a great player and would be even better of the celtics where he could take control of games like he did when kg was hurt
but also he is immature, and arrogant

celticsfan394
11-02-2009, 12:09 AM
the truth is people hate on rondo to much he is a great player and would be even better of the celtics where he could take control of games like he did when kg was hurt
but also he is immature, and arrogant

agree 100 %

SEATTLEredsox
11-02-2009, 12:15 AM
rondo is stupid. thats like if joe johnson said well im as good as kobe but he just plays better

That is actually not even remotely close to the same thing. Read the damn post, people. Rondo said "Chris Paul has the stats that he has because he has the ball in his hands all game." What he said was true, not stupid. Paul does handle the ball more because he has less help, while Rondo is not forced to run the entire offense. He didn't say or even come close to saying he was better than CP3.

yojoe792
11-02-2009, 12:32 AM
Maybe...and Paul could counter his argument by saying "Rondo only has a championship because he has KG and Paul Pierce and Ray Allen on his team."

Are stats really that important?

Super.
11-02-2009, 12:38 AM
I love how people on this site, just see "Celtics" "Rondo" or anything like that and just spew pure hate, without even bothering to read the article. Rondo never ONCE said anything about who was better.

:sigh: JordansBulls....:pity: more of the same crap. Man, you just can't get over the fact that Boston is better than Chicago.

IRUAM #21
11-02-2009, 12:47 AM
I love how people on this site, just see "Celtics" "Rondo" or anything like that and just spew pure hate, without even bothering to read the article. Rondo never ONCE said anything about who was better.

:sigh: JordansBulls....:pity: more of the same crap. Man, you just can't get over the fact that Boston is better than Chicago.

I agree. I've been saying this and no one pays attention :pity:. Not one time did Rondo even say he's as good or better than Paul.

Shady66
11-02-2009, 12:48 AM
Did anybody read what Rondo even said? lol

IRUAM #21
11-02-2009, 12:49 AM
Did anybody read what Rondo even said? lol

Nope, they're all ******** :D

swagga81
11-02-2009, 12:50 AM
Rondo is a douche...
amd Lebron is not:facepalm:

Super.
11-02-2009, 12:53 AM
I agree. I've been saying this and no one pays attention :pity:. Not one time did Rondo even say he's as good or better than Paul.

It's so stupid. anytime this people see the words "rondo" or "celtics" they just spew hate. READ THE DAMN ARTICLE YOU IGNORANT BOOBS! :mad:

Shady66
11-02-2009, 12:55 AM
ya, your all boobs

_KB24_
11-02-2009, 12:57 AM
^^ I prefer implants :P

spacemandave
11-02-2009, 12:57 AM
kendrick perkins is a douche....put cp3 on that team tho, good gracious, they would win 75...noone will sniff 70 this year tho, too many good/great teams to compete w great teams. but boston is sick.

swagga81
11-02-2009, 12:58 AM
Source: Hornetshype (http://hornetshype.com/wp/2009/10/31/and-tonight-in-the-role-of-rafer-alston-we-have-rajon-rondo/)

i notice that you been bashing the c's lately! comment JordansBulls!

mavwar53
11-02-2009, 01:00 AM
Rondo is right but he seems to be saying he is better than CP3 and that is incorrect, CP3 has a complete game but like people say about granger "he is on a team with less talent so his numbers are inflated" so goes CP3's scoring #'s although instead of pts it would just go to assits. I've always liked rondo and always thought he was good from when he was averaging almost a trip dub in kentuckey but the kid needs to keep his mouth shut.

swagga81
11-02-2009, 01:05 AM
It's so stupid. anytime this people see the words "rondo" or "celtics" they just spew hate. READ THE DAMN ARTICLE YOU IGNORANT BOOBS! :mad:

ya, your all boobs i agree with all of you! this is nonsense! something has to be done! i want an nba forum mod that cares about every team and every player!
not a mod who posts celtic bias threads 24/7 AND 360 DAYS A YEAR!something has to be done about it ! whos with me!

stawka
11-02-2009, 01:07 AM
Chris Paul only gets the stats he gets because he has the ball in his hands all the time.

Rondo gets the stats he gets because he has 2 Top-15 players (in the league) on his team, and one top-30 player.

Just STFU and let your game do the talking. Go out, get 20-8-12 and everyone will say "you outplayed the other guy", rather then talking **** about someone else and he schools you out there.

kyubi256
11-02-2009, 01:18 AM
There was no **** talking here... but I do not understand why Perkins told the reporters this. There was nothing in it

It's like saying Lebron James is going to get a huge payday because of that body he has... Yeah, CP3 is a PG so he gets the ball all the times. And he uses it well to boost his stats. Lebron plays very well because of his body, he can be physical because he is physically "better" than everyone

NPH
11-02-2009, 01:32 AM
they're getting fitted for the rings next week

Why do you have to lie?

albertc86
11-02-2009, 01:34 AM
You can say the same about LeBron. He has the ball all game, too; that's why he fills up the stat sheet so much.

IRUAM #21
11-02-2009, 01:47 AM
You can say the same about LeBron. He has the ball all game, too; that's why he fills up the stat sheet so much.

Yup. You can say it for a lot of star players.

Jahari Kavi
11-02-2009, 01:56 AM
rondo is so damn overrated.....................his weaknesses would be exposed if he didn't have such a talented team surrounding him.............he's a solid pg, but too many people go overboard with it.........including himself

abe_froman
11-02-2009, 02:06 AM
ha and now he and paul got into it tonight to..

Paul outplayed Rondo on Sunday night, but the Celtics beat the New Orleans Hornets 97-87 anyway as Boston improved to 4-0 behind Paul Pierce's 27 points. After the game, Paul pursued Rondo toward the Celtics' locker room and had to be blocked by Boston assistant coaches.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=291101002

bears88
11-02-2009, 02:34 AM
chris paul is a million times better then that dumass hatin Rondo

bears88
11-02-2009, 02:37 AM
Rondo is a scrub and got nothing on Chris paul

kyubi256
11-02-2009, 02:39 AM
wait why is CP3 approaching him?

abe_froman
11-02-2009, 02:49 AM
wait why is CP3 approaching him?

Rondo had even less to say on the matter, which seemed to stem from a second-quarter incident when the two got tangled up under the basket after Ray Allen's 3-pointer. Referees stepped between them as words were exchanged and the players were assessed matching technical fouls

from the article

3ballbomber
11-02-2009, 03:00 AM
Rondo must feel inadequate to talk about a guy who will become of the best PG's in NBA history.

swagga81
11-02-2009, 03:25 AM
chris paul is a million times better then that dumass hatin Rondo
and chris paul is 1million times better than Derek rose

swagga81
11-02-2009, 03:26 AM
Rondo is a scrub and got nothing on Chris paul
so is derek rose

abe_froman
11-02-2009, 03:40 AM
and chris paul is 1million times better than Derek rose

man you are obsessed.do you stalk him or something.i mean my god ,you cant say a sentence without mentioning him.mutter his name in your sleep and all

slipcid
11-02-2009, 03:41 AM
Did you read the quote? He didn't say he was better... He said Paul has better stats because he always has the ball...

rondo is salty.

ElMarroAfamado
11-02-2009, 03:58 AM
rondo would be a second string pg on any other team

3ballbomber
11-02-2009, 04:04 AM
rondo would be a second string pg on any other team
That's a bit of a stretch, Rondo spite of being a knuckle head is becoming a solid PG.

Raph12
11-02-2009, 04:04 AM
rondo would be a second string pg on any other ELITE team... EXCEPT FOR THE LAKERS

There fixed it for you...

ElMarroAfamado
11-02-2009, 04:13 AM
oh and as long as OTHER TEAMS LEAVE YOU WIDE OPEN from the perimeter
you shouldnt even be considered a good PG

ElMarroAfamado
11-02-2009, 04:14 AM
There fixed it for you...

hmmmmmm

Raph12
11-02-2009, 04:29 AM
hmmmmmm

Rondo is solid in every aspect of his game except two categories; shooting and maturity. Both will come in time, Rondo is young, he has a bright future ahead of him, not to mention a blessed present playing with three future HOFers.

As far as starting for other teams go:
Rondo>everyone who is not named: Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Chauncey Billups, Tony Parker, Devin Harris and Jason Kidd...

Yes I think he's better than Nash, Rose, Calderon, Nelson, etc... he may not fit into their system (maybe Bulls), which is why they may pass on him, but overall he is better than alot of other PGs.

whitesox1991
11-02-2009, 04:32 AM
Rose would stomp the yard with Rondo.

Raph12
11-02-2009, 04:48 AM

Right those 10pts, 2asts and 2tos were just devastating... I like Rose and think he'll be a stud but cmon dude, no need to be a homer, at this point Rondo>Rose hands down.

abe_froman
11-02-2009, 05:02 AM
Rondo is solid in every aspect of his game except two categories; shooting and maturity. Both will come in time, Rondo is young, he has a bright future ahead of him, not to mention a blessed present playing with three future HOFers.

As far as starting for other teams go:
Rondo>everyone who is not named: Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Chauncey Billups, Tony Parker, Devin Harris and Jason Kidd...

Yes I think he's better than Nash, Rose, Calderon, Nelson, etc... he may not fit into their system (maybe Bulls), which is why they may pass on him, but overall he is better than alot of other PGs.
nash really?? age aside(its obviously not a factor since you mentioned kidd),and even with his lack of d,i would def take nash over rondo(for a former mvp,who's playing great even now.he gets really underrated)

Lizard King
11-02-2009, 05:06 AM
Rondo can talk all the **** he wants because he can back it up on the court. When you're a winner, you have every right to talk trash.

Rondo > Rose

/Boston Celtics fans

But seriously, he does have a right to say whatever he wants. He's clearly a top 5 pg in the league.

whitesox1991
11-02-2009, 05:06 AM
Right those 10pts, 2asts and 2tos were just devastating... I like Rose and think he'll be a stud but cmon dude, no need to be a homer, at this point Rondo>Rose hands down.

Comparing Rose and Rondo is like comparing apples and oranges. Apples rule, oranges suck. Rose rules, Rondo sucks.

Lizard King
11-02-2009, 05:10 AM
I love how every Rondo or Rose thread brings up the Rondo/Rose debate. Chris Paul ***** on both of them.

DitchDat
11-02-2009, 05:53 AM
Paul's stats would be like Rondo's if he was on the Celts
we don't need RR to score

magichatnumber9
11-02-2009, 07:30 AM
Its called a point guard not points guard, give me double digit assists, and some good Defense and I have my point guard. Chris Paul has the complete package Rondo has some of the package. Rose I think will eventually pass Rondo.

Reversed86Curse
11-02-2009, 07:55 AM
Comparing Rose and Rondo is like comparing apples and oranges. Apples rule, oranges suck. Rose rules, Rondo sucks.

Wow, what a homer. Ya, Rondo sucks... He might be a bonehead, but he's clearly far from sucking. Get a clue

ramsizzle
11-02-2009, 09:25 AM
hes not that good ....i dont get what people see in him...hes the fifth option on the team...honestly if kirk hinrich was their pg i think theyd be a better team. better shooter, defender, and all around player.

JordansBulls
11-02-2009, 09:34 AM
hes not that good ....i dont get what people see in him...hes the fifth option on the team...honestly if kirk hinrich was their pg i think theyd be a better team. better shooter, defender, and all around player.

Good point!!! However he did play really well last year.

swagga81
11-02-2009, 09:41 AM
Good point!!! However he did play really well last year.
:facepalm:

swagga81
11-02-2009, 09:42 AM
Rose would stomp the yard with Rondo. :facepalm: stop embrassing your self:facepalm:

swagga81
11-02-2009, 09:43 AM
man you are obsessed.do you stalk him or something.i mean my god ,you cant say a sentence without mentioning him.mutter his name in your sleep and all
no im just sick of hearing about Derek Rose!

The Ooh Child
11-02-2009, 09:45 AM

Jesus x Superman = Rondo

swagga81
11-02-2009, 09:46 AM
Right those 10pts, 2asts and 2tos were just devastating... I like Rose and think he'll be a stud but cmon dude, no need to be a homer, at this point Rondo>Rose hands down. Raph12 has a point there

:facepalm: you dont know what your talking about!

MTar786
11-02-2009, 10:39 AM
rondo thinks he's the greatest ever since nba 2k10 gave him an 87 rating lol

swagga81
11-02-2009, 11:00 AM
rondo thinks he's the greatest ever since nba 2k10 gave him an 87 rating lol

:pity:

mdlr52192
11-02-2009, 11:25 AM
Jesus x Superman x Ron Burgundy = Rondo

Fixed

pebloemer
11-02-2009, 11:28 AM
Rondo doesn't try to win?

You can argue that Rondo is a better rebounder. I actually believe Rondo has better court vision than Paul...

Rondo never said he was better than Chris Paul. He told Perkins "Chris Paul has the stats that he has because he has the ball in his hands all game."

I find it more shocking that Perkins actually told this to the media.:facepalm:

That's my thought. You got a young kid with loads of potential and has helped the team attain a championship. Just as the controversy around him was slowing down and just before his deadline to sign an extension, you give the media a reason to bother your teammate? Very poor decision making by Perkins.

Super.
11-02-2009, 11:33 AM

Just like he did in the playoffs last year....

wait a second here

jim51990
11-02-2009, 12:01 PM
someone explain to me how someone can say because he is a below average shooter he is not a great pg. that is the one position where you could average 0 points a game and still be playing great. and for the rondo rose debate. rose is rondo with worse defense, rebounding, passing and the same bad shooting

mavwar53
11-02-2009, 12:18 PM
the one thing I find funny is people calling rondo a scrub and talkin about rondo being a hater while when they say these things it is exactly what they are doing

swagga81
11-02-2009, 12:58 PM
Rose would stomp the yard with Rondo.Oh wait? my bad it was rondo who stomped the yard with rose in the 08 playoffs!

fixed

Raph12
11-02-2009, 01:03 PM
nash really?? age aside(its obviously not a factor since you mentioned kidd),and even with his lack of d,i would def take nash over rondo(for a former mvp,who's playing great even now.he gets really underrated)

Overall, Rondo is better than Nash, the only thing Nash has on him is shooting, plus he wouldn't be a better fit on the Celtics. Nash is 35 and his defense would be a liability for this Celtics team. The Celts don't need Nash's 15-20pts and Rondo is becoming a better playmaker so he can produce those 8-11asts on any given night.

mjt20mik
11-02-2009, 01:15 PM
your post makes no sense. Didnt rondo average about a triple double in play offs..without KG???? and shut up with the Career stats, if u watch and understand basketball u will see rondo gettin better and better u ignorant piece of **** Rondo has a tougher job of makin sure that all that talent around him gets involved and every1 stays sharp and the ball is outta of his hands so much from 3 HOF demanding the ball which equals less assist

LMAO. OK noob get more than 10 post and come talk to me. What your saying makes no sense. Career stats basically outline how well a player is playing over their career. So he averaged a triple double in the playoffs without KG. He played one helluva series against the Bulls, and he is shaping into a great point guard. But your not reading what this thread is about you ***. This thread is basically talking about how Perkins said Rondo was better than Paul. All I'm saying is Paul is better than Rondo right now. So before you call people names, realize that you actually need to read posts before you bash anyone on it.

And for the lack of words, your basically an idiot that gives Celtic fans a bad name. If he has to get the big three more involved in the game, that would translate to less assists. How the hell does that make sense. Last time I checked, if you get people involved, your passing them the ball, which means most of the time you are getting assists. Pathetic loser.

lakerboy
11-02-2009, 01:38 PM
Rajon Rondo look a like.

http://l.yimg.com/a/p/sp/tools/med/2009/11/ipt/1257127526.jpg
http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/cockroach-1.jpg

Big Game Son
11-02-2009, 01:50 PM
someone explain to me how someone can say because he is a below average shooter he is not a great pg. that is the one position where you could average 0 points a game and still be playing great. and for the rondo rose debate. rose is rondo with worse defense, rebounding, passing and the same bad shooting

J-Kidd. Sucks at shooting great PG. Legend of the league. Theres a point to back you up.

Alwaysballin247
11-02-2009, 02:00 PM
Rondo doesn't score as much because he has great players on his team... when KG went down Rondo was avg closer to 15 points a game and lets not forget the playoffs where he was avg almost a triple double ... he is a solid young player that in a couple years will own the East

SunsFanIam
11-02-2009, 02:34 PM
Instead of this back and forth bickering why dont you guys just ask the simple question. If you were Boston would you trade Rondo for CP3 straight up? I bet you 99.9% of the answers would be yes.

SunsFanIam
11-02-2009, 02:38 PM
LMAO. OK noob get more than 10 post and come talk to me. What your saying makes no sense. Career stats basically outline how well a player is playing over their career. So he averaged a triple double in the playoffs without KG. He played one helluva series against the Bulls, and he is shaping into a great point guard. But your not reading what this thread is about you ***. This thread is basically talking about how Perkins said Rondo was better than Paul. All I'm saying is Paul is better than Rondo right now. So before you call people names, realize that you actually need to read posts before you bash anyone on it.

And for the lack of words, your basically an idiot that gives Celtic fans a bad name. If he has to get the big three more involved in the game, that would translate to less assists. How the hell does that make sense. Last time I checked, if you get people involved, your passing them the ball, which means most of the time you are getting assists. Pathetic loser.

Well tech. Rondo never said anything about him being better then Paul he is just saying CP3 stats would not be so high if he had as good as players as he does on the Celtics. I agree with everything else you say tho. Even if I am no where near the post you have.

BTownTeamsRKing
11-02-2009, 03:16 PM
Instead of this back and forth bickering why dont you guys just ask the simple question. If you were Boston would you trade Rondo for CP3 straight up? I bet you 99.9% of the answers would be yes.

CP3 is the best PG in the game. obv id do that deal.

I'm glad to have Rondo. he hasnt touched his potential yet.

Corey
11-02-2009, 03:37 PM
To be fair (and I DO believe that CP3 is much better), no one has seen what Rondo can do when he's a main piece. Until then, the comparison doesn't provide anything.

spacemandave
11-02-2009, 03:38 PM
J-Kidd. Sucks at shooting great PG. Legend of the league. Theres a point to back you up.

legend? no way.

ballpd05
11-02-2009, 05:02 PM
Rondo is nowhere near the star caliber of a Chris Paul. They came in the league one year apart and Chris Paul has taken a band of nobodies to 54 and 49 wins, and the 49 wins was with a starting lineup (in particular Tyson Chandler) decimated by injuries. He also took a garbage team out the cellar and improved them from 18-38 wins in the toughest division in basketball.

Rondo had his chance to make a splash in a significantly weaker Eastern Conference with a band of nobodies that included the extremely underrated Al Jefferson and solid Ryan Gomes (that team in my opinion were more talented than any Hornets team CP3 played on), but took them to the cellar. It was not until he got those three future hall of famers that Rondo was even mentioned.

It is easy when you go into a game where they other team probably has you ranked 3rd or 4th on the priority list as far as defensive gameplan is concerned. CP3 enters the game as the defenses 1st-5th priority.

ProPoster
11-02-2009, 05:27 PM
So was this what Rondo and Paul were fighting about last night after the game? I'm a celtic fan all the way, but I still think it was a ******* move by Rondo to just step up to Paul's face over this. He's still way immature.

Reversed86Curse
11-02-2009, 06:51 PM

Nice try, but no.

If Hinrich was their PG, he'd be coming off the bench. He's not even a starter on his own team. Hell, Rose would be the fifth option on this Celtics team (by the way, Rondo's the fourth option IMO). Even Paul would be 4th, MAYBE 3rd option on this team.

swagga81
11-03-2009, 01:32 AM

:facepalm::facepalm:

NetsPaint
11-03-2009, 03:02 AM
Jack Swagger is awesome.

bears88
11-03-2009, 05:12 PM
so is derek rose

dude this has nothing to do with Rose stop being a little ***** about it Rondo Sucks big time Chris Paul is the best PG in the NBA enough said if you think Rondo is better then you dont have any Basketball IQ

bears88
11-03-2009, 05:19 PM
oky like this thread is about Rondo and Paul not Rondo and Rose oky stop changing the subject as much as I like Rose ( my favorite player) and will be a future super star in this league. Chris Paul is way way way better then Rose or Rondo. Plus I like Chris Paul is becasue he dose not have alot of superstars on his team like the celtics do and still gets his stats and triple doubles. Paul makes everybody play good, and lets not forget about Williams He is the second best PG. Rondo is overrated and gets his stats from Garnett, Allen and Pierce. Enough said !!!

Stunner
11-03-2009, 06:49 PM
dude this has nothing to do with Rose stop being a little ***** about it Rondo Sucks big time Chris Paul is the best PG in the NBA enough said if you think Rondo is better then you dont have any Basketball IQ

Told yall Hating on Rose for no reason.

magichatnumber9
11-04-2009, 08:25 AM
Yahoo sports wrote an interesting article on the incident. He praises Paul and somewhat calls the Hornets completely incompetent.