PDA

View Full Version : LeBron Likely to stay if?...

Young and Stupid
10-30-2009, 08:01 PM
I've debated this topic many times, but I'll start a thread so I can hear the opinion of Cavs fans (and whoever else cares). Is LeBron more likely to stay if the Cavs win the championship this year or if they don't.

Now I know on first glance it sounds like a stupid question, but think about it. If he wins the championship LeBron can leave the city of Cleveland without being crucified (some may argue that LeBron doesn't care what people in Cleveland think, but you have to remember he was born and raised in Akron). If he wins he can leave and the fans won't be as mad because he brought them a chip before he left. On the other hand, if he doesn't win the championship this year I think it would be very hard for him to leave the city of Cleveland with their hands empty. Now personally, I think LeBron is going to stay in Cleveland no matter what happens, but I'm curious to hear what people think.

penuch
10-30-2009, 08:07 PM
Lebron will stay if the Cavs offer him the most money....

Lebron doesn't care what people think of him. He has demonstrated that already. I honestly don't think it matters if they win or not.. Hes not gonna feel bad about leaving Cleveland empty handed. He is gonna be happy when his wallets as big as it can be wherever that may be.

bigsams50
10-30-2009, 08:08 PM

Lebron doesn't care what people think of him. He has demonstrated that already. I honestly don't think it matters if they win or not.. Hes not gonna feel bad about leaving Cleveland empty handed. He is gonna be happy when his wallets as big as it can be wherever that may be.

DUDE......Your sig is disgusting lol

hoopordie25
10-30-2009, 08:20 PM
i agree with you, lebron will stay not matter what. if he wins the championship he will give his city a ring, but if he doesnt he will leave them and himself hungrier then ever. Lebron is to valuable of a player to jump to another team so quickly, he will stay in cleveland.

Toenail Clipper
10-30-2009, 08:24 PM
Can this be moved to the Cavs forum?

Young and Stupid
10-30-2009, 08:28 PM
Can this be moved to the Cavs forum?

I'm not a Cavs fan...LeBron moving teams affects the NBA as a whole.

TheKing23
10-30-2009, 08:29 PM

I just jizzed at your sig... :puke:

TheKing23
10-30-2009, 08:58 PM
Seriously though, everything points to LeBron staying in Cleveland... They can offer him the most money, it's his hometown, if he was to up and leave he'll have to wait a few more years to contend and he wants to win now. The Cavs are already serious contenders.

I don't think people realise that the Cavs could have some cap room to play with as well... If they don't make any trades, they have Z and Shaq's contracts coming off the books (a combined $31 million), without LeBron's max contract (assuming he re-signs) the Cavs will have $33.1 million on the books... They could offer a max contract to Bosh or Stoudemire and if they were to sign the Cavs could then go over the cap to re-sign LeBron (because of his bird rights). It would be a similar scenario to what happened with Elton Brand and Baron Davis last year (but Elton upped and left for Philly).

Toenail Clipper
10-31-2009, 03:12 AM
I'm not a Cavs fan...LeBron moving teams affects the NBA as a whole.

Come on, its the same recycled garbage.
Everyone is talking about who's leaving and who is not and this kind of thread will be created throughout the whole season, no offense.
but hey, who am i to say something like that?

ChiSox219
10-31-2009, 03:26 AM
Seriously though, everything points to LeBron staying in Cleveland... They can offer him the most money, it's his hometown, if he was to up and leave he'll have to wait a few more years to contend and he wants to win now. The Cavs are already serious contenders.

I don't think people realise that the Cavs could have some cap room to play with as well... If they don't make any trades, they have Z and Shaq's contracts coming off the books (a combined $31 million), without LeBron's max contract (assuming he re-signs) the Cavs will have $33.1 million on the books... They could offer a max contract to Bosh or Stoudemire and if they were to sign the Cavs could then go over the cap to re-sign LeBron (because of his bird rights). It would be a similar scenario to what happened with Elton Brand and Baron Davis last year (but Elton upped and left for Philly).

Not how it works, 150% of Lebron's 09-10 salary will be held against the Cavs cap until he is either re-signed or renounced, they won't have more than a few million (about $4m) if they re-sign Lebron. Until they sign or renounce him they virtually have zero cap space.

abe_froman
10-31-2009, 04:06 AM
I've debated this topic many times, but I'll start a thread so I can hear the opinion of Cavs fans (and whoever else cares). Is LeBron more likely to stay if the Cavs win the championship this year or if they don't.

Now I know on first glance it sounds like a stupid question, but think about it. If he wins the championship LeBron can leave the city of Cleveland without being crucified (some may argue that LeBron doesn't care what people in Cleveland think, but you have to remember he was born and raised in Akron). If he wins he can leave and the fans won't be as mad because he brought them a chip before he left. On the other hand, if he doesn't win the championship this year I think it would be very hard for him to leave the city of Cleveland with their hands empty. Now personally, I think LeBron is going to stay in Cleveland no matter what happens, but I'm curious to hear what people think.
that he somehow feels he owes it to cle. and if they win he can leave with a clean conscience.thats the new argument many that want him to leave(nyer's..ahem),because they want to believe he's just chopping at the bit to leave

anyone remember early on when the narrative was he wants to leave cuz stupid gm not getting him help? when that changed(and they became legit contenders every year)they had to come up with a new story to why he would want to leave.

because they dont want him to stay(and so dont want him to want to stay),so the spin each development as a reason he'll leave

waveycrockett
10-31-2009, 04:29 AM
If a washed up Shaq and Jamario Moon are the best they can do....LOL....He's outta there BAY-BAY!

Tribe
10-31-2009, 04:33 AM
DUDE......Your sig is disgusting lol

I second that...:puke:

As a cavs fan I think there is a better chance of him leaving if we win it all...I didnt think anyone could offer him more money than we can so leaving for more money should not be an option.

Alot will have to do with the roster as well...maybe not next year's but if there isnt alot of room for improvement in the future and were tied up I could see him walking

Chronz
10-31-2009, 04:33 AM

A few problems arise with that route. The Cavs wont be able to offer a max contract to a player like Bosh without first renouncing the rights to James, so his bird rights go with it. This is the same deal that happened to us with Brand. Brand agreed on principle that if we got Baron he would take less money and therefore have no problem giving up his bird rights, but when Philly was able to offer him more money he left us high and dry. Cleveland doesnt offer Bron much promise for the future as of right now, but Bron could sway players into signing for less, once they are sure he wont be leaving.

waveycrockett
10-31-2009, 05:18 AM
I second that...:puke:

As a cavs fan I think there is a better chance of him leaving if we win it all...

Your kidding yourself...

The Cavs are going to fall on their faces this year as LeBron's teammates are "craptastic" and the elite of the East have gotten better. I don't hear the Celtics or Magic complaining about this "chemistry" problem. They dont win it all this year he's gone.

magichatnumber9
10-31-2009, 06:40 AM
If the Celtics don't offer him a contract.

Mckphins
10-31-2009, 06:57 AM
^ur dreamin

magichatnumber9
10-31-2009, 07:48 AM
No Really

TheKing23
10-31-2009, 08:08 AM
A few problems arise with that route. The Cavs wont be able to offer a max contract to a player like Bosh without first renouncing the rights to James, so his bird rights go with it. This is the same deal that happened to us with Brand. Brand agreed on principle that if we got Baron he would take less money and therefore have no problem giving up his bird rights, but when Philly was able to offer him more money he left us high and dry. Cleveland doesnt offer Bron much promise for the future as of right now, but Bron could sway players into signing for less, once they are sure he wont be leaving.

Oh, ok... Didn't realise that, my bad.

C-Wick925
10-31-2009, 09:20 AM
the contract money dont mean anything, 80percent of his money comes from marketing, i say he wants to be a new jersey rapper at the end of the year jay-z will talk him into it..

lebron likes the attention i think he leaves clevland.

Raph12
10-31-2009, 09:58 AM

Agreed...

Btw, just noticed your sig... and I agree with Hollinger.

OA SLAY
10-31-2009, 10:42 AM
ZZzzzz i wish we could just skip to July 2010! Im starting to hate this guy!

Tribe
10-31-2009, 10:57 AM
Your kidding yourself...

The Cavs are going to fall on their faces this year as LeBron's teammates are "craptastic" and the elite of the East have gotten better. I don't hear the Celtics or Magic complaining about this "chemistry" problem. They dont win it all this year he's gone.

Chemistry??...Guy the season is 3 games deep...why are all these fans talking about how to fix this and fix that atleast get to the halfway mark and you can start talking about chemistry.

You think Rasheed Wallace is good for any team's chemistry?...haha...right

Orlando upgraded for real with Carter but there still not going to get the production he had in NJ.

daleja424
10-31-2009, 11:04 AM
Lebron will stay if:

Hell freezes over. Shaq and Big Z are done.

The Cavs have WAY too much invested in Mo, Delonte, Booby, and Varajao. Next summer thy will have very little to work with to add talent around Lebron and so I doubt he stays. The Nets, Heat, Bulls, etc could all offer a higher level of talent for him

knickerbockerny
10-31-2009, 11:05 AM
Honestly folks, Lebron James is as good as gone or like Drake would say "so far gone." I don't see why he would want to stay in Cleveland. All of this loyalty talk is ridiculous. No sports organization is 100% loyal to their players, Wayne Gretzky got traded in his prime and countless of players have been black balled once they got injured. This is an opportunity of a life time. Lebron is going to be a Knick.

magicdouglas
10-31-2009, 12:38 PM
Honestly folks, Lebron James is as good as gone or like Drake would say "so far gone." I don't see why he would want to stay in Cleveland. All of this loyalty talk is ridiculous. No sports organization is 100% loyal to their players, Wayne Gretzky got traded in his prime and countless of players have been black balled once they got injured. This is an opportunity of a life time. Lebron is going to be a Knick.

Yes, this exactly correct. He should start now looking for a house in NY.

TheKing23
10-31-2009, 12:59 PM

Opportunity of a lifetime... To join a rebuilding team and wait a few more years to compete... No, just no.

jetsfan28
10-31-2009, 01:33 PM

The Cavs will offer him the most money because they have his Bird rights, every other team will offer him the max that they can offer him, that's irrelevant at this point.

mrblisterdundee
10-31-2009, 01:37 PM
The Cavaliers' owner will have to enter the luxury tax region and sign a young, offensively-talented big man if he wants LeBron to stick around. People can talk about hometown pride as much as they want. Michael Jordan didn't play NBA ball in the Carolinas. Kobe didn't stay in Philadelphia. LeBron won't stay in Ohio if his supporting cast continues to suck.
I think the Cavaliers' best chance of damage control is signing Boozer. I know he screwed them over before, but he's a great fit for what they need: post scoring from a guy who's not in his late 30's. LeBron isn't a one-man title.

Young and Stupid
10-31-2009, 01:43 PM
The Cavaliers' owner will have to enter the luxury tax region and sign a young, offensively-talented big man if he wants LeBron to stick around. People can talk about hometown pride as much as they want. Michael Jordan didn't play NBA ball in the Carolinas. Kobe didn't stay in Philadelphia. LeBron won't stay in Ohio if his supporting cast continues to suck.I think the Cavaliers' best chance of damage control is signing Boozer. I know he screwed them over before, but he's a great fit for what they need: post scoring from a guy who's not in his late 30's. LeBron isn't a one-man title.

Really I mean really bad argument. Kobe didn't start off his career with the Sixers (plus he didn't live in Philly his whole life) and Jordan didn't start off playing in Carolina so its a whole different animal. LeBron will most likely stay and my reasoning is (and this is gonna sound really stupid, but) his mom said that there is no way he is leaving the Cavs, so bet the house on it.