PDA

View Full Version : NBA ReDraft Playoffs: 1 Miami Heat vs. 8 Orlando Magic

Catfish1314
10-30-2009, 05:04 PM
Once or a twice year, PSD holds an NBA ReDraft. In this game played by PSD users, all the players in the NBA go into a draft pool. A lottery is held to determine the order and in 12 rounds of drafting and trading the GMs try to create the best team possible.

This first round match-up features the top seeded Miami Heat versus the 8th seeded Orlando Magic. The Heat have homecourt advantage. Their respective rosters and write-ups are listed below:

Keep in mind these are not the real-life teams.

Heat:

PG: Gilbert Arenas/Rafer Alston
SG: Ronnie Brewer/Maurice Evans
SF: Richard Jefferson/James Jones/James Johnson
PF: Chris Bosh/Jason Maxiell/Eduardo Najera
C: Spencer Hawes/Francisco Elson

Magic:
PG: Randy Foye - Steve Blake
SG: Anthony Parker - Wayne Ellington - Kareem Rush
SF: Ron Artest - Joey Graham
PF: Luis Scola - Leon Powe - J.J. Hickson
C: Pau Gasol - Kwame Brown

Heat's write-up:

Matchups:

PG: Gilbert Arenas vs. Randy Foye
Gilbert Arenas is the x-factor for us in this series. We can’t say with complete certainty that he is back to his former all-star self, but it sure looks that way based on his 1st performance of this season (29/9). However, we do feel that he is finally healthy again. He is an extremely tough cover, a perennial scorer, and ultimately too much for Randy Foye to handle.

SG: Ronnie Brewer vs. Anthony Parker
Anthony Parker is getting up there in age. He’s a fine shooter, but we don’t feel that he’s going to be much of a factor in this series. Ronnie Brewer is one of the toughest defenders in this league. Granted Ronnie will spend a good chunk of the game trying to neutralize Ron Artest, we have another scrappy defender off the bench (Maurice Evans). Ronnie brings the intangibles that fit right in to the balance of our starting lineup. He can also contribute nicely on offense, averaging almost 14ppg last season.

SF: Richard Jefferson vs. Ron Artest
Ron Artest is the more complete player in this matchup, and his tenacious defense should give RJeff a headache all series long. Our 3rd scoring option should definitely take a hit to his ppg this series. We’d like to point out that RJeff is in fact a capable defender (more so than he gets credit for anyway), and on the defensive front, we also have Ronnie Brewer and Mo Evans to throw at Artest. Perimeter defense is one of our strongest points that should come in handy when trying to deal with Orlando’s biggest perimeter threat, Ron Artest.

PF: Chris Bosh vs. Luis Scola
Now to our franchise player- CB4. Post defense is not the strongest area of either team in this series, so we do expect Chris Bosh to come up big. Offensively, he’s one of the most gifted post players in the league (the same goes for Pau Gasol). Bosh and Gasol will probably face-off a lot in this series. Bosh has a little more range to his game, but he and Gasol are both regarded as some of the best big men this game has to offer. But if we’re sticking to the PFs, the Heat clearly have the advantage. Bosh is quick and athletic. Luis Scola has that blue collar toughness that a lot of team’s envy. You can look for him to continue putting up his same #s (about 12/8).

C: Spencer Hawes vs. Pau Gasol
Spencer Hawes put up 11.4 ppg/7.1 rpg/1.2 bpg last season. He’s a solid young big, who fits nicely with this team. He’s also a good passer for a big guy. Any Kings fan will tell you he’s a average/solid defender. It won’t be enough to slow down Pau Gasol throughout the series though. He’ll also stretch the floor with his jump-shooting capabilities, so look for that to open up opportunities for our slashers.

Final Words:
We feel as though we’ve created one of the most balanced teams in this redraft. We’d like to point out that we did so without making any trades. This team was constructed off of pure drafting, and anyone that has done one of these before can come to appreciate that. That’s not why you should vote for us though. You should notice that this team can straight up get things done on offense. We have a fantastic in-and-out duo with Bosh and Gilbert.

Gilbert’s health is our biggest question mark. If his 1st game (29 pts, 9 assts) of the 09/10 season is any indication of things to come, it certainly looks like Gilbert could finally be healthy. Nonetheless, we made it a point to have our 6th man be a PG…Rafer Alston. He’s a nice compliment considering the initial concerns about Agent Zero’s health. We really like how Rafer was able to fit in so nicely with the real-life Magic last year…all the way to the finals. Jameer Nelson went down with injuries, and Alston came in and played admirably. He was also instrumental to Houston’s regular season success with the many injuries they endured over the years.

We have a great 3rd scoring option in Richard Jefferson, a tenacious defender in Ronnie Brewer, and jump-shooting big man who knows how to pass the ball well, Spencer Hawes. Mo Evans and Jason Maxiell bring defense off the bench. All in all, this team has youth, experience, star-power, defense, shooters, slashers, depth, rebounding, a dominant low-post presence, and a scorer who can take over games in the clutch.

Every team has its weaknesses. We’ve done our best to cover all the bases. The biggest knocks on our team are Agent Zero’s health concerns, and our average (decent IMO) post-defense. For this 1st round matchup, ask yourself if you’re prepared to send a backcourt of Randy Foye and Anthony Parker into the 2nd round (not to be too harsh). Gasol and Artest will have great games, but from top to bottom, we feel that we’re the more balanced and superior team. Thank you.

Magic's write-up:

Magic for the Championship

Point Guard – Gilbert Arenas vs. Randy Foye

I’ll guarantee that I'll be hearing, “Randy Foye is a shooting guard,” but in this offense we need someone who can score at the point guard position. Randy Foye fits this offense perfectly as he can flash and score at will. He might not be the best defensive player but the rest of the team playing sound defense will make his lack of defense at times a mute point. Anthony Parker is the type of shooting guar dwho can handle the ball often as he use to play a lot of point guard, along with Pau Gasol who has extreme ball control for a big man. Gilbert is a hell of a player when healthy, but he simply hasn’t been healthy lately. Randy Foye is only getting better and better as he becomes more comfortable with his game.

Shooting Guard – Ronnie Brewer vs. Anthony Parker

Anthony Parker brings sound defense and scoring from the outside, while as I stated previously he can handle the ball often. He might not light you up for 30 points each night but he’s consistent with a good 10-12 PPG. He’s also able to stay in front of his man and play sound defense for the whole game. Ronnie Brewer is a defensive player who is able to scores at the same level of Parker. This is pretty much a wash as both players can play sound defense and put up a good 10-13 points per game.

Small Forward – Richard Jefferson vs. Ron Artest

We love this matchup as Richard Jefferson is one of their players that will have to put up points to win and we have one of the best defensive players playing on him. Artest might not be able to hold him to 3-10 shooting and 6 points but he’ll be able to slow him down while still putting up a good 17-20 PPG as we know Jefferson isn’t the best defensive player. We see this as one of our best matchups as if we can stop Jefferson from scoring then we see it a tough time for them to score with the sound defense that the rest of the Magic play.

Power Forward – Chris Bosh vs. Luis Scola

Chris Bosh won’t be seeing Luis Scola the whole time as Pau Gasol will play more time on Bosh then Scola defensively. We feel like Scola is a great player to guard Chris Bosh as he is able to move around and contest the jumpers that Bosh loves to put up. Scola is a rare player as he can drive the ball for a big man and he has some awesome footwork down in the post. He’s one of the most underrated players in the NBA and he’s easily become of the best players on the Rockets. While Pau Gasol will be able to work down in the post on Chris Bosh and he did such a fine job on Dwight Howard in the finals that we feel as if he could defend anyone down low, and yes I’m well aware that Dwight Howard was doubled often. Yet when it was one on one he had trouble with Pau Gasol and his defensively ability.

Center – Spencer Hawes vs. Pau Gasol

I’m sure I’ll be hearing, “Pau Gasol as a center,” Well he actually plays center often when Bynum is either hurt or out of the lineup. Pau Gasol plays center the same way he plays power forward as he doesn’t change much if at all at the different positions. Hawes will see Scola often who is a sound defensive player that should give him trouble in the post with his awesome footwork and offensively his ability to use his shot. Spencer Hawes is also someone who is able to use his jumper to score but Scola will be able to follow him out of the post as we have no problem with Pau Gasol straight on Chris Bosh and at times we can have Artest on the help defense in any situation.
The Bench:

We won’t compare each player on the bench but we will tell you how our bench will work. Kwame Brown might be a huge bust but defensively he can ball and that’s why he’s our backup center. Leon Powe might have been hurt last year but that injury won’t affect him much as he’s a forward who uses his body instead of his quickness to get to the rim. He’s simply a down low force who will play in the paint at all times. Joey Graham is a high flying youngster who should be able to come in for Artest and bring some huge dunks and excitement to the crowd. He put up a good 8 PPG last season with the Raptors in 20 MPG but with an extended role we feel like he could make a better impact. Wayne Ellington and Kareem rush both bring shooting from the outside to open up Pau Gasol and Luis Scola in the post and Kareem Rush with the Bobcats two years ago was 8-11 points per game. While Steve Blake is the perfect player to play with Randy Foye as he simply can shoot from the outside, pass, and handle the ball at a high level. He’s just someone who doesn’t get much love but played great on the Blazers last season and can manage the game. The Cavs seem to love J.J Hickerson who will be the main backup at power forward this season and someone who has loads of potential as he was drafted in the first round a few seasons ago.

Special Formation:

PG – Steve Blake
SG – Randy Foye
SF – Anthony Parker
PF – Ron Artest
C – Luis Scola/Pau Gasol

We love this team because Parker can play both SG/SF, Randy Foye can play PG/SG, Ron Artest can play SF/PF, Luis Scola can play PF/C, and Pau Gasol can play PF/C. In this lineup we would run often and if you think defensively they couldn’t handle it Ron Artest would be fine during parts of the game playing a bigger power forward because he’s simply an awesome defensive player. While Luis Scola can also play defense on a center as he showed last season and he’ll show this year. We also can keep Pau Gasol in at center instead of Luis Scola depending on what lineup they will be running, as I said before we love how we can mix and match all of our players to fit certain formations.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-30-2009, 05:07 PM
The Heat.

But I still can't believe my team didn't make it.

acehole
10-30-2009, 05:20 PM
think the Heat will take this rather easily.

Gilbert when healthy is a beast, hes a streaky shooter so if he catches fire, its over. Foye cant keep up.

Parker vs Brewer is pretty much a wash to me, altho Parker is much older and Ronnie is only continuing to get better, but at this time, its even.

Artest vs Jefferson, here is where my opinion differs from most people. I have no idea how people are calling Artest a "complete" player, thats a buncha BS to me. This guy lacks a serious offensive game. Artest is a good defender, but i feel like he is way overrated. He really has no go to moves, he just scraps around to get points, his offensive game isnt polished. Jefferson is an average defender but I really like his offense, the guy can score in a lot of different ways and hes explosive. At the end of the day, i still think RJ will put up 17-20 ppg.

Bosh vs Scola, CB4 gets this easily, SCola isnt bad but Bosh is just THAT good.

Hawes is a nice young player but Gasol is on another level. He's a very skilled passer and has a high basketball IQ.

end of the day, Heat get this in 6.

Kakaroach
10-30-2009, 05:27 PM
I like the Heat. Bosh+Arenas+Jefferson will just out-score the Magic.

PhillyLuver
10-30-2009, 05:41 PM
Heat will win.

theimortalone
10-30-2009, 06:27 PM
I gotta go with Miami. That team is a beast.

1-800-STFU
10-30-2009, 08:44 PM
Heat, maybe the Magic win a game or two but the Heat have too much firepower.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-30-2009, 09:29 PM
I just realized that I accidently voted Magic.

Can you change it to Heat? It doesn't even matter though.

Westbrook36
10-30-2009, 10:58 PM
I like the Heat. Bosh+Arenas+Jefferson will just out-score the Magic.

I love all this reasoning..

The might be able to put up the points but they play little to no defense while Pau Gasol would be on Bosh (Very good defender) and Ron Artest on Richard Jefferson.

Knew this would happen, but this reasoning is just stupid.

Gambeezy
10-30-2009, 11:21 PM
Hey all, please subtract one point away from the Heat's score. This is my first re-draft and I didn't know we weren't supposed to vote for our own team. I apologize. Anyways, I thought we would get the win in this match-up but I'd actually like to see some in-depth reasoning behind why so many people feel we have the overwhelming edge on the Magic.

Kakaroach
10-31-2009, 11:03 AM
I love all this reasoning..

The might be able to put up the points but they play little to no defense while Pau Gasol would be on Bosh (Very good defender) and Ron Artest on Richard Jefferson.

Knew this would happen, but this reasoning is just stupid. Its just that you can't score enough to keep up with him. Pau is a legit first option, and Ron is a good second one, but Brewer can slow down Artest and Jefferson is no slouch defensive either. I love Scola, but he can't give you 20 points every night, and neither can Foye. I also love his bench more than I do your's. Alston+Evans+Jones scoring coupled with Maxiell's energy is just too much for your guys.

daleja424
10-31-2009, 12:07 PM
heat...pretty easily

daleja424
10-31-2009, 12:08 PM
why doesnt someone run these simulations on like live or 2k or something...that would be cool. see who the computer thinks would win in a 7 game series...

Westbrook36
10-31-2009, 12:08 PM
Its just that you can't score enough to keep up with him. Pau is a legit first option, and Ron is a good second one, but Brewer can slow down Artest and Jefferson is no slouch defensive either. I love Scola, but he can't give you 20 points every night, and neither can Foye. I also love his bench more than I do your's. Alston+Evans+Jones scoring coupled with Maxiell's energy is just too much for your guys.

Brewer might be able to slow down Artest and Richard Jefferson is no more then a average defender if that. How about how Artest will slow down Richard Jefferson and that Pau Gasol will be able to slow down Chris Bosh? Randy Foye won't be able to stop Gilbert but Gilbert won't be able to stop Foye unless they move Brewer on him and that means Jefferson on Artest and Gilbert on Anthony Parker. It's not always all about scoring, my team is better defensively but I guess that doesnt matter much anymore. Steve Blake is better then Alston but noone knows about him since he played on the Blazers. Evans is a solid player and Jones is pretty solid (Two years ago) but Graham last season put up better numbers. Maxiells numbers went down last year but I still love what he can bring to an offense but Kwame Brown last year put up almost exactly the same numbers that Maxiell did.

Next Re-Draft I'll only take a bunch of names and I'll win the whole thing :facepalm:

Kakaroach
10-31-2009, 12:21 PM
Brewer might be able to slow down Artest and Richard Jefferson is no more then a average defender if that. How about how Artest will slow down Richard Jefferson and that Pau Gasol will be able to slow down Chris Bosh? Randy Foye won't be able to stop Gilbert but Gilbert won't be able to stop Foye unless they move Brewer on him and that means Jefferson on Artest and Gilbert on Anthony Parker. It's not always all about scoring, my team is better defensively but I guess that doesnt matter much anymore. Steve Blake is better then Alston but noone knows about him since he played on the Blazers. Evans is a solid player and Jones is pretty solid (Two years ago) but Graham last season put up better numbers. Maxiells numbers went down last year but I still love what he can bring to an offense but Kwame Brown last year put up almost exactly the same numbers that Maxiell did.

Next Re-Draft I'll only take a bunch of names and I'll win the whole thing :facepalm: Its not at all about the names, at least not to me. :facepalm: His bench produces more. Its better offensively and defensively. And defense? Gasol is great, but even he will struggle slowing down a scorer like Bosh, who is much better than Howard offensively, who you keep talking about with Gasol's defense. They've got 3 legit options, 2 are number 1 on their respective teams. Gasol and Artest aren't even the first options on their teams. Artest can't take over a game and Pau might be able to but that won't be enough to beat the Heat. Good offense always beats good defense in the real NBA.

theimortalone
10-31-2009, 12:35 PM
Heat are dominating, as expected.

Westbrook36
10-31-2009, 01:43 PM
Its not at all about the names, at least not to me. :facepalm: His bench produces more. Its better offensively and defensively. And defense? Gasol is great, but even he will struggle slowing down a scorer like Bosh, who is much better than Howard offensively, who you keep talking about with Gasol's defense. They've got 3 legit options, 2 are number 1 on their respective teams. Gasol and Artest aren't even the first options on their teams. Artest can't take over a game and Pau might be able to but that won't be enough to beat the Heat. Good offense always beats good defense in the real NBA.

Did I say that you as a person only looked at the names? How does his bench produce more?

Basic Stats (Last Season)
Alston - 12.0 PPG/5.1 APG/2.9 RPG
Steve Blake - 11.0 PPG/5.0 APG/2.5 RPG

Maurice Evans 7.2 PPG/3 RPG/.7 APG
Wayne Ellington - Rookie but we know what he can bring to the table with his shooting along with Kareem Rush.

James Jones - 4.2 PPG/1.6 RPG/.5 APG
Joey Graham - 7.7 PPG/3.7 RPG/.6 APG
James Johnson - Rookie

Jason Maxiell - 5.8 PPG/4.2 RPG/.3 APG
Leon Powe - 7.7 PPG/4.9 RPG/.7 APG
Won't do JJ Hickerson and Eduardo Najera as they both played little time.

Kwame Brown - 4.2 PPG/5.0 RPG/.6 APG
Francisco Elson - 3.4 PPG/3.9 RPG/.5 APG

Did I miss something?

Gasol isnt a player that will have to stay in the paint and thus he'll be able to come out and defend Chris Bosh when he leaves the post to do his jumper like he LOVES to do. Gilbert hasnt been a number one option in years with all his injuries and he's played what 6 games since all those injuries? Personally Caron Butler is what makes the Wizards go and Chris Bosh is the number one option but that doesnt mean he's that much better then Pau Gasol. Who can Pau Gasol be the number one option on the Lakers when he has a Top 2 player in Kobe on the same floor with him? I never said Artest was a 1st option but he can be a second option and the defense my team brings will be able to make up for that. It's a team game and this team each has it's own role and is able to do different thing scoring wise. We bring enough scoring to beat this team and it's not hard to see that.

Good offense always beats good defense in the real NBA.

:facepalm:, Have you ever heard the saying, "Defense wins championships?" Do we watch the same NBA because that is such a stupid comment.

jimbobjarree
10-31-2009, 02:29 PM
^on individual plays they say great offense always beats great defense, other than that yah defense wins championships.

Sorry I voted against you westy, but the resurgence of Gilbert Arenas really swung it for me

Kakaroach
10-31-2009, 02:41 PM
Did I say that you as a person only looked at the names? How does his bench produce more?

Basic Stats (Last Season)
Alston - 12.0 PPG/5.1 APG/2.9 RPG
Steve Blake - 11.0 PPG/5.0 APG/2.5 RPG

Maurice Evans 7.2 PPG/3 RPG/.7 APG
Wayne Ellington - Rookie but we know what he can bring to the table with his shooting along with Kareem Rush.

James Jones - 4.2 PPG/1.6 RPG/.5 APG
Joey Graham - 7.7 PPG/3.7 RPG/.6 APG
James Johnson - Rookie

Jason Maxiell - 5.8 PPG/4.2 RPG/.3 APG
Leon Powe - 7.7 PPG/4.9 RPG/.7 APG
Won't do JJ Hickerson and Eduardo Najera as they both played little time.

Kwame Brown - 4.2 PPG/5.0 RPG/.6 APG
Francisco Elson - 3.4 PPG/3.9 RPG/.5 APG

Did I miss something?

Gasol isnt a player that will have to stay in the paint and thus he'll be able to come out and defend Chris Bosh when he leaves the post to do his jumper like he LOVES to do. Gilbert hasnt been a number one option in years with all his injuries and he's played what 6 games since all those injuries? Personally Caron Butler is what makes the Wizards go and Chris Bosh is the number one option but that doesnt mean he's that much better then Pau Gasol. Who can Pau Gasol be the number one option on the Lakers when he has a Top 2 player in Kobe on the same floor with him? I never said Artest was a 1st option but he can be a second option and the defense my team brings will be able to make up for that. It's a team game and this team each has it's own role and is able to do different thing scoring wise. We bring enough scoring to beat this team and it's not hard to see that.

:facepalm:, Have you ever heard the saying, "Defense wins championships?" Do we watch the same NBA because that is such a stupid comment. You're the one that is apparently looking at all the stats. Alston is a play-maker, can knock down the 3, and is a good defender. Mo Evans is an above average defender and can shoot the 3. James Jones can also shoot the 3. Elson is a veteran defender and Maxiell's energy off the bench. Some things can't be measured by stats. The benches are pretty equal, you've convinced me of that, even though his might be able to do more offensively.

And we were talking about your defense against his offense, and his offense is just better as I explained before. I know defense wins championships, I'm not some guy who just loves offense, his defense is good as well. Your team is a good team, but do you really think your starting unit can outscore his, even though you both have good defenders and versatile offensive players, even if you play fantastic defense? Artest has been known to kill a team's chemistry and go off chucking threes all day long, just ask any Rockets fan. I know you also like talking about your big men's ability to pass and that's why you don't need a true PG, but Pau or Scola can't run an offense from the block, no matter how terrific they are at passing the rock.

Westbrook36
10-31-2009, 03:01 PM
You're the one that is apparently looking at all the stats. Alston is a play-maker, can knock down the 3, and is a good defender. Mo Evans is an above average defender and can shoot the 3. James Jones can also shoot the 3. Elson is a veteran defender and Maxiell's energy off the bench. Some things can't be measured by stats. The benches are pretty equal, you've convinced me of that, even though his might be able to do more offensively.

And we were talking about your defense against his offense, and his offense is just better as I explained before. I know defense wins championships, I'm not some guy who just loves offense, his defense is good as well. Your team is a good team, but do you really think your starting unit can outscore his, even though you both have good defenders and versatile offensive players, even if you play fantastic defense? Artest has been known to kill a team's chemistry and go off chucking threes all day long, just ask any Rockets fan. I know you also like talking about your big men's ability to pass and that's why you don't need a true PG, but Pau or Scola can't run an offense from the block, no matter how terrific they are at passing the rock.

Yes I'm bringing up stats as you are acting like his bench is way beyond mine. Are you even looking at my bench? Steve Blake can do everything that Alston can do, great shot on his three ball, manage the game, good defender, etc. Kareem Rush and Wayne Ellington can both shoot the three at a high level and Rush isnt a bad defender. All James Jones can do is hit the three while Joey Graham can is soo athletic that he can do different things. Elson is a vet player but Kwame Brown is better then him defensively and rebounding wise. Powe brings the same thing Maxiell brings off the bench offensively and defensively. Glad I could convince you that the benches are pretty much the same. His probally can do more offensively but defensively my bench can do a little more then him.

I'd love to see you go into detail on how is offense would be better when playing my defense. His defense is pretty average actally as Chris Bosh & Richard Jefferson are average, if that. Ronnie Brewer is a great defender. Spencer Hawes is a good/average defender and Gilbert simply sucks. I never said my offense could outscore his but where are you getting that his defense is just as good as mine?

Pau Gasol - Pretty damn good
Ron Artest - Nuff' said
Anthony Parker - Good/Average
Randy Foye - Bad
Luis Scola - Good

Ron Artest shot 40% from three land and we both know that is actually pretty good. With Anthony Parker next to him on the wings he won't have to worry about trying to chuck up threes since Parker will be doing that often. Your acting as if Randy Foye can't run an offense at all, he's a PG/SG and he can score. He's still able to run an offense and if he goes sour at times during the game I can plug in Steve Blake who can run an offense at a high level. Randy Foye won't have to run the offense the whole time as Pau Gasol/Scola/Anthony Parker all can dribble and handle the ball often.

Gambeezy
10-31-2009, 03:50 PM
I really don't want to enter your guys' debate, but I can't sit here and keep reading how Pau Gasol is a great defender. He's not. Average really. He's never been known for his defense throughout his career and being a 7-footer doesn't warrant a "pretty damn good defender" label. He gets a block here and there as a 7-footer should, but he's nothing special outside of that.

Kakaroach
10-31-2009, 04:05 PM
I'd love to see you go into detail on how is offense would be better when playing my defense. His defense is pretty average actally as Chris Bosh & Richard Jefferson are average, if that. Ronnie Brewer is a great defender. Spencer Hawes is a good/average defender and Gilbert simply sucks. I never said my offense could outscore his but where are you getting that his defense is just as good as mine?

Pau Gasol - Pretty damn good
Ron Artest - Nuff' said
Anthony Parker - Good/Average
Randy Foye - Bad
Luis Scola - Good

Ron Artest shot 40% from three land and we both know that is actually pretty good. With Anthony Parker next to him on the wings he won't have to worry about trying to chuck up threes since Parker will be doing that often. Your acting as if Randy Foye can't run an offense at all, he's a PG/SG and he can score. He's still able to run an offense and if he goes sour at times during the game I can plug in Steve Blake who can run an offense at a high level. Randy Foye won't have to run the offense the whole time as Pau Gasol/Scola/Anthony Parker all can dribble and handle the ball often. Foye can't run an offense that well at all, Minnesota tried that for a few years and last season he was proved to be much more of a SG. Sure Blake can run an offense, but the ball is in the hands of Brandon Roy for most of the time, who can create for himself and others. Foye can't do that, and neither can Parker.

And again, Pau Gasol can't run an offense and neither can Parker. How is a guy from the block going to run an offense? Just cuz he's a good passer doesn't mean he can run your offense from the block. And Artest will chuck up threes no matter what, he had Battier next to him last season for shooting and Brooks and Wafer, yet he still did it.

As for your offense, I know Gilbert sucks at defense, but so does Foye. So if it comes down to those two, Arenas will score way more than Foye would. And if he's the only real weak link, then they will be fine. Jefferson and Brewer are good wing defenders, and Bosh and Hawes will do a decent job on Gasol and Scola. as vice-versa. Your defense is better, but you can't score enough cuz his defense isn't like its horrible either.

Westbrook36
10-31-2009, 05:44 PM
Foye can't run an offense that well at all, Minnesota tried that for a few years and last season he was proved to be much more of a SG. Sure Blake can run an offense, but the ball is in the hands of Brandon Roy for most of the time, who can create for himself and others. Foye can't do that, and neither can Parker.

And again, Pau Gasol can't run an offense and neither can Parker. How is a guy from the block going to run an offense? Just cuz he's a good passer doesn't mean he can run your offense from the block. And Artest will chuck up threes no matter what, he had Battier next to him last season for shooting and Brooks and Wafer, yet he still did it.

As for your offense, I know Gilbert sucks at defense, but so does Foye. So if it comes down to those two, Arenas will score way more than Foye would. And if he's the only real weak link, then they will be fine. Jefferson and Brewer are good wing defenders, and Bosh and Hawes will do a decent job on Gasol and Scola. as vice-versa. Your defense is better, but you can't score enough cuz his defense isn't like its horrible either.

He played point guard for the start of last season and was pretty good actually. Then he switched over to SG with Telfair at point guard. It's all about the type of offense your trying to run and here he fits perfectly. After watching a good amount of the Blazers Steve Blake handles the ball more often then you would think. Roy has the ball often because he's the number one target on the wings but Steve Blake doesnt handle the ball alot. Are you saying that Foye can't create for himself? Anthony Parker might not be able to create for himself but Pau dishing to him from the inside to the outside would help him out lots.

Did I said that Pau Gasol is going to run the offense the whole game? During parts of the game he can run an offense. You feed him the ball on the inside and he can find Foye slashing or Anthony Parker on the outside. He could find his partner downlow in Scola too or Artest on the outside. Artest only shot 5 three per game and shot 40% from three..

Foye is atleast a better defender then Gilbert, but Gilbert is the better scorer. He's an awful defender and it's not like the rest of the team is above average on the defensive side of the ball. My defense is better in every aspect but shooting guard where Ronnie Brewer is better then Anthony Parker.

Westbrook36
10-31-2009, 05:49 PM
I really don't want to enter your guys' debate, but I can't sit here and keep reading how Pau Gasol is a great defender. He's not. Average really. He's never been known for his defense throughout his career and being a 7-footer doesn't warrant a "pretty damn good defender" label. He gets a block here and there as a 7-footer should, but he's nothing special outside of that.

Just because he hasnt been known like Ron Artest to be an awesome defensive player doesnt mean he's not a good defender. It's not because he's a 7-footer that he's a "pretty damn good defender". Blocks don't mean your a good defender at all and you really don't know much about Pau Gasol then.

Kakaroach
10-31-2009, 06:54 PM
He played point guard for the start of last season and was pretty good actually. Then he switched over to SG with Telfair at point guard. It's all about the type of offense your trying to run and here he fits perfectly. After watching a good amount of the Blazers Steve Blake handles the ball more often then you would think. Roy has the ball often because he's the number one target on the wings but Steve Blake doesnt handle the ball alot. Are you saying that Foye can't create for himself? Anthony Parker might not be able to create for himself but Pau dishing to him from the inside to the outside would help him out lots.

Did I said that Pau Gasol is going to run the offense the whole game? During parts of the game he can run an offense. You feed him the ball on the inside and he can find Foye slashing or Anthony Parker on the outside. He could find his partner downlow in Scola too or Artest on the outside. Artest only shot 5 three per game and shot 40% from three..

Foye is atleast a better defender then Gilbert, but Gilbert is the better scorer. He's an awful defender and it's not like the rest of the team is above average on the defensive side of the ball. My defense is better in every aspect but shooting guard where Ronnie Brewer is better then Anthony Parker. Actually, Foye wasn't "pretty good" at PG or he wouldn't have been moved and now everyone wouldn't be saying he's so much better at SG. I watch the Blazers a lot, their in the NW division and Roy handles the ball a little more than Blake when the two are on the floor together. And him being a better defender than Gilbert is debatable, even though they both suck. I never said the Heat defense was better, but its decent and coupled with its offense it would beat your team's better defense and an offense that would struggle. Most consider Jefferson an above average defender, and Hawes would do a respectable job on Gasol.

Westbrook36
11-02-2009, 12:20 AM
Actually, Foye wasn't "pretty good" at PG or he wouldn't have been moved and now everyone wouldn't be saying he's so much better at SG. I watch the Blazers a lot, their in the NW division and Roy handles the ball a little more than Blake when the two are on the floor together. And him being a better defender than Gilbert is debatable, even though they both suck. I never said the Heat defense was better, but its decent and coupled with its offense it would beat your team's better defense and an offense that would struggle. Most consider Jefferson an above average defender, and Hawes would do a respectable job on Gasol.

Actually he was "pretty good" at PG and was moved to SG part of because Corey Brewer was hurt. Mike Miller was also off the bench for a good amount of the year as the 6th man too. I never said that Foye is a better PG then SG but as I said he's a slasher and fits perfectly into this offense. He's still able to run an offense whether he's a fulltime PG or he's a fulltime SG. Brandon Roy is expected to handle the ball as he's the number one option, just as Kobe and Lebron do. No it's not debateable at all considering that Gilbert is simply awful. I've still yet to see how this offense would stuggle so much against this defense that isnt even that good at all. Richard Jefferson isnt anything more then average and I don't know too many people who call him an above average defender. He use to be an above Average defender but ever since the last few years he hasnt been the same defensively. I highly doubt that Hawes would do a respectable job on someone like Pau Gasol who can do so many different things..