PDA

View Full Version : Bulls title contenders?

whitesox1991
10-30-2009, 02:32 AM
Anybody who watched the game saw that the Bulls owned the Spurs jail style. They looked really fricken good. They will probably run a train on the celtics tomorrow too. Do you think that they could be title contenders. I mean, they looked REALLY good tonight.

Jahari Kavi
10-30-2009, 02:37 AM
nah...still got a long way to go before i can call them contenders...spurs were on the 2nd of a back to back...richard jefferson is still getting adjusted.......playoff team, but not a contender

1-800-STFU
10-30-2009, 02:38 AM
No.

And I am a Bulls fan, just no.

4 seed at best.

whitesox1991
10-30-2009, 02:41 AM
nah...still got a long way to go before i can call them contenders...spurs were on the 2nd of a back to back...richard jefferson is still getting adjusted.......playoff team, but not a contender

Noah looked better than Hakeem in the game.

TheKing23
10-30-2009, 02:42 AM
I knew this would happen... :facepalm:

Jahari Kavi
10-30-2009, 02:43 AM
Noah looked better than Hakeem in the game.

haha...that's cute.

fairandbalanced
10-30-2009, 02:45 AM
Anybody who watched the game saw that the Bulls owned the Spurs jail style. They looked really fricken good. They will probably run a train on the celtics tomorrow too. Do you think that they could be title contenders. I mean, they looked REALLY good tonight.

:speechless:

They're 9th seed at best. I remember how Miami blew out the Spurs also beginning of last season....was Miami a contender?

whitesox1991
haha...that's cute.

He did. I mean, I always thought Hakeem was a bit overrated. Noah was playing great.

ko8e24
no

kingbrentg
I'm going to quickly lose count of the ridiculous threads you make.

BCB mwat15
Sorry man, it was a good game but that's it. They outplayed the Spurs in almost every facet of the game IMO. But, it was only one game. It's a long season and everyone will have their peaks and valleys. Its nice that it looks like they will get off to a good start for a change, especially with what looks like a brutal start schedule-wise. But, IMO bring this up again if in 2-3 weeks they are still consistently outplaying and beating good teams.

Jahari Kavi
He did. I mean, I always thought Hakeem was a bit overrated. Noah was playing great.

same here.

Lakersfan2483
10-30-2009, 02:48 AM

No, they aren't good enough to beat Boston, Orlando or Cleveland in a 7 game series.

whitesox1991
10-30-2009, 02:49 AM

They're 9th seed at best. I remember how Miami blew out the Spurs also beginning of last season....was Miami a contender?

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm:

DamnGoat
10-30-2009, 02:50 AM
No....and it's WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too early to tell anyhow.

They could end up anywhere from 4th to out of the Playoffs, that's how close the teams under the top 3 (in the East) are IMO.

I was impressed with how much better they looked defensively tonight, but they're still lacking a post presence and we don't really know who's going to be the go-to-guy in the 4th now that Gordon is gone. I'm assuming it'll be Rose, but we just don't know if he's ready to take on that role yet.

ChiSox219
10-30-2009, 02:50 AM

Care to place a wager on that?

whitesox1991
10-30-2009, 02:52 AM
No.

They could end up anywhere from 4th to out of the Playoffs, that's how close the teams under the top 3 (in the East) are IMO.

I was impressed with how much better they looked defensively tonight, but they're still lacking a post presence and we don't really know who's going to be the go-to-guy in the 4th now that Gordon is gone. I'm assuming it'll be Rose, but we just don't know if he's ready to take on that role yet.

I think Rose should be able to fill in this role (with more consistency than Gordon, I hope.)

SchyGuy11
10-30-2009, 02:57 AM
i would love to say yes, but im not quite sure they are ready yet. Doug collins hit the nail on the head though. This team gets along, they like each other, and they like playing together. The Flow very well together and have a lot of fast, long, and athletic talent. I love the Bulls and i think they have a very good team and could surprise some people this year.

TheKing23
10-30-2009, 02:58 AM

One of the greatest players in NBA history overrated... You sure you didn't get him confused with your beloved Derrick Rose??

Your ignorance amazes me... :facepalm:

DamnGoat
10-30-2009, 03:00 AM
I think Rose should be able to fill in this role (with more consistency than Gordon, I hope.)
Even if he can there are still too many questions with this team to think they even have a chance at title contention. They could be really good, but they're not winning anything this year.

If they're a high seed in the East though that will only help their chances of landing a big name FA next offseason, they do have a ton of cap room.

whitesox1991
10-30-2009, 03:01 AM
One of the greatest players in NBA history overrated... You sure you didn't get him confused with your beloved Derrick Rose??

Your ignorance amazes me... :facepalm:

LOL alright man. Don't even mutter Hakeem olojwhatever in the same sentence as Derrick Rose.