PDA

View Full Version : Who could've Shaq helped?

Spurred1
10-30-2009, 12:43 AM
I see there's already a thread about Shaq and the Cavs start. While I think it is a touch premature, lets speculate a bit. Which team do you think Shaq could have helped?
*By no means am I stating he is not helping the Cavs. Haven't seen much of the Cavs so far.*

Chronz
10-30-2009, 12:45 AM
Lakers, Spurs, Cavs

Lost Art
10-30-2009, 01:16 AM
Lakers, Spurs, Cavs

Lakers? I don't know about that. We've got Pau and Bynum, both of whom are much better than Shaq at this point in his career. He'd be riding pine on the Lakers or getting Mbenga's minutes........either way he wouldn't be happy and it would be a disaster :down:

ZebraCity916
10-30-2009, 01:44 AM
I can see Shaq in a Spurs uniform.

ko8e24
10-30-2009, 01:46 AM
Kobe :hide:

_KB24_
10-30-2009, 01:46 AM
Cavs were IMO the best suit for both sides if it works....

Chronz
10-30-2009, 04:11 AM
Lakers? I don't know about that. We've got Pau and Bynum, both of whom are much better than Shaq at this point in his career. He'd be riding pine on the Lakers or getting Mbenga's minutes........either way he wouldn't be happy and it would be a disaster :down:

I think hed be fine as a 20MPG guy in LA.

abe_froman
10-30-2009, 04:18 AM
any team that doesnt already have top tier c/or one that franchise hasnt given the firm future tag to or hates him

so no;phx,orl,minny,por,nj,tor,la(unless he just wants to bench ride)

but everyone else i say he could have helped....and surprised no one said rockets,who are currently without a c

HiphopRelated
10-30-2009, 07:28 AM
no contender as a starter

-Kobe24-TJ19-
10-30-2009, 07:42 AM
Spurs-to make them older

the life
10-30-2009, 08:54 AM
shaq cannot help anybody anymore.
he is done as a impact player.

Ace33Bone
10-30-2009, 09:02 AM
Lakers & Spurs and please dont give up on him in Cleveland it has only been 2 games give him some time to acclimate

USMCLaker
10-30-2009, 10:14 AM
I see there's already a thread about Shaq and the Cavs start. While I think it is a touch premature, lets speculate a bit. Which team do you think Shaq could have helped?
*By no means am I stating he is not helping the Cavs. Haven't seen much of the Cavs so far.*

Good question. I was actually wondering this too after the Cavs 0-2 start. I think that Shaq might be much more helpful to a struggling team with no low post presents or half court game (ie GSW, OKC) as opposed to a title contending team.

Both the Thunder and the Warriors have good spot up three point shooter (imagine Durant getting open looks) the problem is that they are both run and gun teams but Shaq good be useful coming off the bench (if he would ever be ok with that) when the game slows down which might help these teams when the game slows down. Another interesting thought is the Wizards, Shaq would have usual copilot superstar in Arenas and nice supporting cast.

Finally, I think even though some of these possibilities might be intriguing I don't think it would work unless Shaq's primary role on any of these teams would to play defense first, rebound second, and lastly put up his twelve points a game (I'd even settle for 8 points a game if he got double boards and blocked a couple blocked shots a game).

I'm not saying that he put these teams in elite status but maybe put those teams that are on the edge of the eight seed over the top and get an 8th or 7th seed in the conference to get some of that much needed playoff experience for down the road. That is how I see Shaq helping a team but what do I know, I would like to hear what other PSD poster with more basketball knowledge thoughts on this.

raidercincy
10-30-2009, 10:28 AM

To answer your question. Say 2, Say 2, Say twain next time I'll teach you how to say LOCOMOTIVE and CLEVELAND.

ny212
10-30-2009, 10:34 AM
i think the spurs because they really are a half court team and timmy can go back to where he started at PF. shaq needs to be on a team that plays half court offense and has great defenders around him. parker manu jefferson duncan shaq would be insane. i think he would do fine on the magic can you imagine howards numbers if shaq were there

LeonFSU
11-02-2009, 01:04 AM
Mavs and Cavs

rjvacad
11-02-2009, 01:17 AM
Shaq should hang it up before he looks like an old man that can't let his career go.

kyubi256
11-02-2009, 01:20 AM
The Knicks!

He'd get the post and give Gallo a lot of easy shots

albertc86
11-02-2009, 01:28 AM
Honestly, I think the Magic could've used Shaq. Shaq is just bitter of Howard's quick success but it would've been great for the NBA. However, after losing Hedo, they needed Carter.

BkOriginalOne
11-02-2009, 01:31 AM
Shaq could've helped any team that likes to shoot jumpers and doesn't dunk much.

Hornets come to mind.
Detroit.
The Wizards would have been good - but Shaq would look dumb in that Uni.