PDA

View Full Version : Teams that need to make some deals to be considered elite

JordansBulls
10-29-2009, 11:58 AM
Teams that need to make some deals to be considered elite

To me I think several teams are in position to make some deals. IMO a team like the Utah Jazz should make a trade.

Just looking at Boozer yesterday showed that he is headed down hill rather quickly.

Not sure if Houston would bite, but I would trade if I were the Jazz guys like Carlos Boozer and Matt Harpring to the Rockets for Tracy Mcgrady.

That would give the teams a lineup of:

Houston
PG Brooks/Lowry
SG Ariza/Budinger/Taylor
SF Battier/Harpring
PF Boozer/Landry/Dorsey
C Scola/Andersen/Hayes

Utah Jazz
PG Deron Williams/Eric Maynor/Ronnie Price
SG Tracy Mcgrady/Ronnie Brewer/Kyle Korver
SF C.J. Miles/AK-47/Harpring
PF Paul Millsap/Kosta Koufos
C Mehmet Okur/Kryrlo Fesenko

That makes the Jazz much better considering Millsap can give the same production as Boozer.

--------------------------------------------------------------
The Hornets also are another team that needs to do something else. They need a wing player.

I would say trade Mo Pete and Peja to the Bucks for Redd

That would give them a lineup of:

New Orleans
PG CP3/B.Brown
SG Redd/Posey
SF Butler/D.Brown
PF West/Wright/Diogu
C Okafor/H.Armstrong

or

the Hornets could do this:

Trade Okafor and Mo Pete to Houston for T-mac and D.Anderson

PG CP3/B.Brown
SG T-mac/Posey
SF Butler/Peja/D.Brown
PF West/Wright/Diogu
C H.Armstrong/D.Anderson

What do you think? To me those are the only ways the Hornets and Jazz can contend out West despite the talent they have on there teams now.

DerekRE_3
10-29-2009, 12:00 PM
The Jazz would be better off going after Rip Hamilton if he really is going to be moved like people believe.

Gibby23
10-29-2009, 12:02 PM
The Cavs need one more guy.

Gators123
10-29-2009, 12:08 PM
The Jazz would be better off going after Rip Hamilton if he really is going to be moved like people believe.

Hamilton will only be traded if pistons start off horrible. Joe D has said many times hes not looking to trade Rip.

Ray_R
10-29-2009, 12:14 PM
Hamilton will only be traded if pistons start off horrible. Joe D has said many times hes not looking to trade Rip.

Denver is one player from elite and its obiusly a shooting guard.

Rip would fit perfect with denver Billups and Rip :cool:

Gators123
10-29-2009, 12:19 PM

I do agree with that, Rip and Billups where always a great backcourt.

VIP1349
10-29-2009, 12:22 PM

Not really we already have JR Smith and Arron Afflalo, what we really need is just a extra big man. However you can't imagine how happy I'd be getting Rip, but there's really no way for us to do it.

Ray_R
10-29-2009, 12:26 PM
Not really we already have JR Smith and Arron Afflalo, what we really need is just a extra big man. However you can't imagine how happy I'd be getting Rip, but there's really no way for us to do it.

it would add depth and Smith would probally be more deadly as a 6th man like he was last year in the playoffs

-Kobe24-TJ19-
10-29-2009, 12:38 PM

To me I think several teams are in position to make some deals. IMO a team like the Utah Jazz should make a trade.

Just looking at Boozer yesterday showed that he is headed down hill rather quickly.

Not sure if Houston would bite, but I would trade if I were the Jazz guys like Carlos Boozer and Matt Harpring to the Rockets for Tracy Mcgrady.

Houston
PG Brooks/Lowry
SG Ariza/Budinger/Taylor
SF Battier/Harpring
PF Boozer/Landry/Dorsey
C Scola/Andersen/Hayes

Utah Jazz

That makes the Jazz much better considering Millsap can give the same production as Boozer.

The Hornets also are another team that needs to do something else. They need a wing player.

New Orleans
PG CP3/B.Brown
SG Redd/Posey
SF Butler/D.Brown
PF West/Wright/Diogu
C Okafor/H.Armstrong

or

PG CP3/B.Brown
SG T-mac/Posey
SF Butler/Peja/D.Brown
PF West/Wright/Diogu
C H.Armstrong/D.Anderson

What do you think? To me those are the only ways the Hornets and Jazz can contend out West despite the talent they have on there teams now.

OK bring another injured player to the rockets

knickerbockerny
10-29-2009, 12:41 PM
The trade between the jazz and rockets does not make sense for the Rockets because they need a legit big not another undersized big. All of the big deals for elite teams have been made already in the off season.

VCaintdead17
10-29-2009, 12:41 PM

agreed.

Also, that Hornets-Bucks idea is terrible. Why the hell would the Bucks ever do that? Redd has 2 years left, while Peja has like 4 and Mo Pete is worthless.

TheKing23
10-29-2009, 12:46 PM

Houston
PG Brooks/Lowry
SG Ariza/Budinger/Taylor
SF Battier/Harpring
PF Boozer/Landry/Dorsey
C Scola/Andersen/Hayes

Utah Jazz

New Orleans
PG CP3/B.Brown
SG Redd/Posey
SF Butler/D.Brown
PF West/Wright/Diogu
C Okafor/H.Armstrong

or

PG CP3/B.Brown
SG T-mac/Posey
SF Butler/Peja/D.Brown
PF West/Wright/Diogu
C H.Armstrong/D.Anderson

Rasual Butler doesn't play for the Hornets anymore. They traded him to the Clippers in a salary dump.

As much as it hurts me to say it, from what i've seen from my Cavs we need one more trade to put us over the top. Either to bring in Stephen Jackson so we have a legit second option or get an athletic big man who can score, defend the pick and roll and run the floor. I really hope it's me worrying prematurely and the Cavs start to move into gear, but I haven't been impressed so far.

Gibby23
10-29-2009, 12:57 PM
Rasual Butler doesn't play for the Hornets anymore. They traded him to the Clippers in a salary dump.

As much as it hurts me to say it, from what i've seen from my Cavs we need one more trade to put us over the top. Either to bring in Stephen Jackson so we have a legit second option or get an athletic big man who can score, defend the pick and roll and run the floor. I really hope it's me worrying prematurely and the Cavs start to move into gear, but I haven't been impressed so far.

I also think they miss what West brought to the team. He coud shoot and get points going to the hoop.

vito don tito
10-29-2009, 12:59 PM
agreed.

Also, that Hornets-Bucks idea is terrible. Why the hell would the Bucks ever do that? Redd has 2 years left, while Peja has like 4 and Mo Pete is worthless.

I'd like to have Mo Pete on my team.... I don't know what you are talking about

Cool007
10-29-2009, 12:59 PM
Believe it or not, if Bulls can trade for Amare or someone like that at PF, they are definitely an elite team. Also the bench is pretty darn good as well.

Ray_R
10-29-2009, 01:06 PM
Believe it or not, if Bulls can trade for Amare or someone like that at PF, they are definitely an elite team. Also the bench is pretty darn good as well.

were a couple moves away with amare ranking 4-5

JordansBulls
10-29-2009, 01:08 PM
OK bring another injured player to the rockets

They could use a big man with Yao out. They have enough guards at this point. They already have Brooks/Ariza and Battier. They need production in the frontcourt.

JordansBulls
10-29-2009, 01:10 PM

It depends on who we give up. If we give up Tyrus Thomas, Kirk Hinrich and Taj Gibson then we are elite. If we have to give up Salmons or Deng to get him, then we are not elite.

Ray_R
10-29-2009, 01:12 PM
It depends on who we give up. If we give up Tyrus Thomas, Kirk Hinrich and Taj Gibson then we are elite. If we have to give up Salmons or Deng to get him, then we are not elite.

deng goes Kirk stays then we got something

Toenail Clipper
10-29-2009, 01:31 PM
How about Marcus Camby and Ricky Davis for Tracy McGrady?

kikeyanez
10-29-2009, 01:37 PM
SAN ANTONIO Spurs should off manu.g to the warriors for andrius bietrus an deven george

Unec
10-29-2009, 01:56 PM
I think the sixers may need to trade BRAND, but im not 100 percent on that

JordansBulls
10-29-2009, 02:06 PM
deng goes Kirk stays then we got something

You have no need for Hinrich when you have Rose and Salmons in the backcourt. If you lose Deng then who do you have?

JDink24
10-29-2009, 02:09 PM
The 76ers need a solid scoring guard, someone that can shoot the lights out as well as drive to take the pressure off of iggy and brand. I'd try and go after Joe Johnson, sure he doesn’t play great d but IMO he is the piece the Sixers need to take the next step. The downfall to getting someone like that is that they would have to let go of Thad or Speights or perhaps both which I’m not a big fan of but they have to do something because this team is stuck in neutral and they will never compete for a title (which is why you play the game) if they don’t do something.

TheKing23
10-29-2009, 02:31 PM
I think the sixers may need to trade BRAND, but im not 100 percent on that

I heard a rumor that the Sixers were looking into a deal that would see Brand head back to the Clippers with Al Thornton going the other way. It was just on another forum, so nothing concrete, but i'm not really sure how that would work out financially. It would free up some room for Speights who looked real good yesterday but it would reduce Blake's minutes for the Clips... I suppose Baron and Elton would finally get to play together.

Slimsim
10-29-2009, 02:46 PM
What about them Mavericks

Mavrix
10-29-2009, 02:49 PM
Josh Howard (11 mil expiring) + filler for Rip Hamilton

Kidd - Barea
Hamilton - Terry
Marion
Nowitzki - Thomas
Dampier - Gooden

Ace33Bone
10-29-2009, 02:52 PM
I would like to see Rip in a Denver jersey... its painful for me to watch Afflalo he is so bad... they should have left him where he was at

LARaider25
10-29-2009, 02:56 PM
Hornets need to trade Posey, Armstrong and future pick to the Warriors for Stephen Jackson. Jackson is better than a washed up Michael Redd.

blazerman
10-29-2009, 03:08 PM
Josh Howard (11 mil expiring) + filler for Rip Hamilton

Kidd - Barea
Hamilton - Terry
Marion
Nowitzki - Thomas
Dampier - Gooden

Now that was the smartest thing you said in a while as far as how the Mavs could really improve (not a slight but even I agree with you on that one) and Hamilton would really spread the floor on the first unit. That could very well happen and you might end up with a shot at winning our sig bet if it happened, as is nope,haha :cool:

Chronz
10-29-2009, 03:14 PM
The Cavs need a stretch 4 BAD

Maybe Stephen Jackson isnt as bad of an addition as I thought, but if he fails Bron is gone.

Ray_R
10-29-2009, 06:48 PM
You have no need for Hinrich when you have Rose and Salmons in the backcourt. If you lose Deng then who do you have?

You can move Salmons to the 3 his natural position and move hinrich to the 2 youll get rid of Deng Ugly contract becuase we can both agree its garbage and chicago managment boched that one..........to bad no one would take it the only onei can think about is the suns under the circumstance that they arent sure if they can resign amare and feel they might as well get something for him

nipo10847
10-29-2009, 07:07 PM

It's funny how you overrate deng.

JordansBulls
10-29-2009, 07:09 PM
It's funny how you overrate deng.

Trust me I don't.

Raps08-09 Champ
10-29-2009, 08:27 PM
Cavs can get Stephen Jackson for Ilgauskas but they'd need to get another C.

TheKing23
10-29-2009, 08:55 PM

I think (and hope) we can get Stephen Jackson and Ronny Turiaf for Z and a pick (or Jawad Williams/Darnell Jackson).

That would solve our back up problem... Turiaf is a better defender than Shaq and Z combined and would provide someone who can come off the bench and average 2 blocks a game.

fishfan79
10-29-2009, 08:56 PM
you know they have like a whole forum for fantasy trade offers here?

JordansBulls
10-29-2009, 11:58 PM

Can't they sign Melvin Ely?