PDA

View Full Version : WS: Game 2 Phillies (1-0) @ Yankees (0-1) 10/29

Pages : [1] 2

Rylinkus
10-29-2009, 10:54 AM
http://drucifer.net/GraphicFiles/Baseball/Logos/Philadelphia_Phillies_logo.gifhttp://drucifer.net/ComGraph/Titles/AT.gifhttp://drucifer.net/GraphicFiles/Baseball/Logos/NewYork_Yankees_3Dlogo_NY.jpg

Thursday, October 29 at Yankee Stadium | 7:57 PM ET

Pedro Martinez, RHP (0-0, 0.00)

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll37/Rylinkus/Pedro.jpg
WHIP: .29
K/9: 8.65
BB/9: 0.00

AJ Burnett, RHP (0-0, 4.42)

http://msn.foxsports.com/fe/img/MLB/Headshots/140x170/6314.jpg
WHIP: 1.31
K/9: 6.38
BB/9: 4.91

Scouting Report:

Phillies:It makes a great story to have Martinez pitch Game 2 of the World Series at Yankee Stadium, but does it make the most sense? Martinez is 11-11 with a 3.20 ERA in 32 career starts against the Yankees, and is 1-2 with a 4.71 ERA in six postseason appearances against them.

"I think he's still got quite a bit left," Manuel said. "I was watching those playoff games that he pitched in. His velocity was sitting 87 to 91 mph, and he was even better than that at Dodger Stadium. That was a couple years ago when he pitched those games against the Yankees. He knows how to pitch. His command is good. He uses all of his pitches. His command is absolutely outstanding. He doesn't rely on throwing the ball by people anymore, but he's a pitcher."

YANKEES: After two wild yet effective starts, Burnett finally faltered in his third career playoff outing, in Game 5 of the American League Championship Series. Though Burnett improved greatly as the day went on, throwing five shutout innings after allowing the first four batters of the game to score, the early damage was enough to keep the Angels in the series for one additional game.

Burnett will look to improve in Game 2 of the World Series against the Phillies, a team that beat him earlier this season at Yankee Stadium. Three homers -- all on fastballs -- were at the root of his troubles that day, which perhaps bodes well for a reversal. In three postseason starts, two of them at home, Burnett has not allowed a single home run.

Venue:

http://www.bittenandbound.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/yankee-stadium-2.jpg

732_Franchise
10-29-2009, 11:01 AM
Whut happen to the poll Rylinkus? Good job on the game thread like thats any surprise you do it daily but I expect AJ to have a medicore game and the Bullpen to bail him out his wild pitches against these Phillies scare me. But Yanks will prevail game 2 and look to steal 2 at Philadelphia GO YANKEES!.

thefeckcampaign
10-29-2009, 11:07 AM
I cannot see how this couldn't go the Phillies way as well considering who Pedro is facing.

DaSox_05
10-29-2009, 11:32 AM
Phillies FTW!!!!

donnie23
10-29-2009, 11:43 AM
Yanks need to salvage a win at home and take a game in Philly. If they lose tonight they have to win 2 in Philly which is a tall task.

VRP723
10-29-2009, 11:48 AM
Beat the Yankees!!!!

donnie23
10-29-2009, 11:55 AM
Beat the Yankees!!!!

You'll never get that salary cap if the Yankees don't win. You are cheering out of hate instead of common sense.

mser58
10-29-2009, 11:56 AM
Pedro just gotta keep the bats in it, we'll score the runs, i love this team <3

VenezuelanMet
10-29-2009, 12:03 PM
I wouldn't want my season to be on Burnett's shoulders.

On the other hand I don't think it's a good idea to start Pedro.

I think it will be a slugfest, Teix wakes up. Don't know who will win.

Gorgon2k
10-29-2009, 12:03 PM
You'll never get that salary cap if the Yankees don't win. You are cheering out of hate instead of common sense.

Isn't that the truth, but I still gotta cheer for my Phils

donnie23
10-29-2009, 12:05 PM
Isn't that the truth, but I still gotta cheer for my Phils

I'm just giving vrp a hard time. It's all in fun.

Hustla23
10-29-2009, 12:07 PM
Come on you bastard Yanks.

Show me some life come outta those overpaid, heartless souls

Rylinkus
10-29-2009, 12:17 PM

HAHA you think Yankees players have souls....

nymetsrule
10-29-2009, 12:25 PM
Time for the Phils to tool all over the Yankees again tonight.

CityofTreez
10-29-2009, 12:32 PM
AJ Burnett after 2nite. This.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nwy5u-6VHQQ&feature=related

Gorgon2k
10-29-2009, 12:33 PM
Time for the Phils to tool all over the Yankees again tonight.

Mets' fans are forbidden to cheer for the Phillies. Even if we were playing Osama's all-stars, you can't cheer for the Phillies. it's not allowed!

Havoc Wreaker
10-29-2009, 01:11 PM
I think, if the Phillies can be patient, Burnett will ultimately crash and burn.

That all rests on Pedro being efficient, I hope he is.

No Poll? :pity:

Fred
10-29-2009, 01:21 PM
More runs tonight, but Burnett gives up more than Pedro....Phils go up 2-0

donnie23
10-29-2009, 01:52 PM
I'll be a total homer and predict Burnett pitches well and the Yanks suspect BP holds on for a 5-2 victory.

bahama0811
10-29-2009, 01:53 PM
Go Phillies!!!

TragicallyHip
10-29-2009, 01:55 PM
I'll be a total homer and predict Burnett pitches well and the Yanks suspect BP holds on for a 5-2 victory.

The bats are gonna have to wake up first if you expect them to score 5 runs. What was the heart of the order, 2-16 with 7 K's?

GimmeAD
10-29-2009, 01:57 PM
I feel pretty confident about this game for some reason. Really I just love watching Pedro pitch. Burnett doesn't scare me at all, but I'm sure Pedro doesn't scare Yanks fans. Here's to a great game :cheers:

Station 13
10-29-2009, 02:01 PM
Burnett is one of those pitchers that gives you heartburn each time he pitches for your team.

Philliess lefties lay off the slider in and he'll walk the village.

donnie23
10-29-2009, 02:05 PM
The bats are gonna have to wake up first if you expect them to score 5 runs. What was the heart of the order, 2-16 with 7 K's?

What would make you happy, if I predicted that the RedSox would win game 2? I figure Pedro won't go 9 no matter how effective he is and the Yankees usually do well vs other teams bullpens. I could definatley see anything happening but predictions are supposed to be fun and homerific.

donnie23
10-29-2009, 02:06 PM
Hard to believe the diffference made by deadline aquisitions on this series. The Yankees did nothing to adress the loss of their RFer and #2 pitcher and the Phillies added their game 1 and 2 starters. Bravo Ruben Amaro, GM of the year!

PhillyForLife90
10-29-2009, 02:09 PM
Burnett is tricky. In some games he can be dominant, or he could be wild. Hopefully its the latter tonight. I can see him and Pedro giving up a few runs, but I think we'll see a lot of offense from both teams tonight imo.

PhillySportFan
10-29-2009, 02:14 PM
Burnett is tricky. In some games he can be dominant, or he could be wild. Hopefully its the latter tonight. I can see him and Pedro giving up a few runs, but I think we'll see a lot of offense from both teams tonight imo.

I see what you mean, I think the 1 advantage of course is we'll be all leftied out and it will make any mistakes he makes worse. I wonder if Matt Stairs will DH? lol

Yanks All Day
10-29-2009, 02:14 PM

That can happen when you have a pitcher like Lee opposing you. Sometimes you just get shut down. It happens. They have a better chance of hitting Pedro than they do Lee, so hopefully as a Yankee fan they will do better tonight. It wasn't much of a surprise that we lost game 1, considering they had a week to rest and prepare, and Lee just pitched like Cy Young last night. They came out and played an amazing game. But it is a best of 7 game series and that was only the first. If we win tonight, its back to where we started, and I would like our chances with Pettitte against Hamels in game 3. No need to get worried about the series unless the Yanks lose tonight. It's gonna be a 6 or 7 game series anyway. It would be silly to think otherwise.

PhillyForLife90
10-29-2009, 02:26 PM
I see what you mean, I think the 1 advantage of course is we'll be all leftied out and it will make any mistakes he makes worse. I wonder if Matt Stairs will DH? lol

Actually I wouldn't mind that. I think Stairs should get the nod today mainly because Burnett is a righty, and Stairs is another lefty who could fill in nicely as our DH, and then we would use Francisco back in the bench role when we come back to Philly. Thats just my two cents...

TragicallyHip
10-29-2009, 02:28 PM
What would make you happy, if I predicted that the RedSox would win game 2? I figure Pedro won't go 9 no matter how effective he is and the Yankees usually do well vs other teams bullpens. I could definatley see anything happening but predictions are supposed to be fun and homerific.

What does what I said have anythign to do with the Sox? haha I know they're just predictions, but like I said when the heart of your order goes 2-16 with 7 K's it shows they aren't exactly seeing the ball well and that it will be tough to go from scoring 1 un-earned run to 5 runs overnight. But then again it's baseball and anythign can happen and that's why I love it!

Bo Sox Fan
10-29-2009, 02:33 PM
I predict the Phillies to win tonight, and win the series in 5

MooseWithFleas
10-29-2009, 02:34 PM
Burnett is the kind of pitcher that the Phillies have success against, and they do have a good track record against A.J. I am really confident in Pedro, as he is the one guy in baseball that I could tell you 100% would not get rattled by the NY crowd. It's just a matter of whether he has his stuff or not. I have the Phils winning this one 8-4, though I had the Yankees winning yesterday 4-2, so my predictions apparently don't mean ****.

Actually I wouldn't mind that. I think Stairs should get the nod today mainly because Burnett is a righty, and Stairs is another lefty who could fill in nicely as our DH, and then we would use Francisco back in the bench role when we come back to Philly. Thats just my two cents...

Plus, Stairs is 3-11 with 2 Homers off Burnett in his career :D

PhillyForLife90
10-29-2009, 02:46 PM
Burnett is the kind of pitcher that the Phillies have success against, and they do have a good track record against A.J. I am really confident in Pedro, as he is the one guy in baseball that I could tell you 100% would not get rattled by the NY crowd. It's just a matter of whether he has his stuff or not. I have the Phils winning this one 8-4, though I had the Yankees winning yesterday 4-2, so my predictions apparently don't mean ****.

Plus, Stairs is 3-11 with 2 Homers off Burnett in his career :D

:nod: Well put.

Also if Stairs is our DH tonight, he may just have a blast seeing that he's in a hitters friendly park, and he'd be facing a righty. I can't imagine the pressure Burnett must be facing right now...

jason.neal1
10-29-2009, 02:47 PM
7 innings pitched 6hits 1 earned run 7 strikeouts in a Phillies 5-2 victory! Phillies Win Series in 5 Games!

Degz
10-29-2009, 02:49 PM
More of the same

TheRuckus
10-29-2009, 02:51 PM
I think Pedro will pitch well. Not dominant, but good enough.

Burnett is going to have a long night- we eat his kind for lunch. Over/under on walks at four...I'd have to take the over.

7-3 Phillies win.

Degz
10-29-2009, 02:51 PM
I added a poll

MelanconMadness
10-29-2009, 02:56 PM
What's the point to a poll for those asking? It's the votes for the Yankees from the Yankees fans and a few met fans, and the rest of the votes from everyother fanbase for the phillies.

Anyways, to real news. Pedro saying he "is the most influential person ever to walk into Yankee stadium" goes right on the bulliten board. What an idiot, it's like if John smoltz talked **** about the Yankees before that game in July before he got destroyed enough to be cut from the sox. The Yankees kicked a HOFer of the sox because he didn't have enough to beat an elite AL team, I expect the same from Pedro

Cadarn
10-29-2009, 03:20 PM
Yankees take this one 6-4

Havoc Wreaker
10-29-2009, 03:20 PM
Yankees take this one 6-4
:laugh2:

MelanconMadness
10-29-2009, 03:27 PM

I'm confused as to what's really funny about thinking the Yankees win. I'm sure when the Yankees were down 0-8 in the season series to the sox, that sox fans laughed at the thought of the Yankees eventually tying it up. Same for Yankee fans in the 2004 alcs

MooseWithFleas
10-29-2009, 03:34 PM
I'm confused as to what's really funny about thinking the Yankees win. I'm sure when the Yankees were down 0-8 in the season series to the sox, that sox fans laughed at the thought of the Yankees eventually tying it up. Same for Yankee fans in the 2004 alcs

It's not because of his prediction, but because the bozo Dodgers fan has made every post anti-philly since we bounced L.A. (For further evidence: Just check where it says he is from).

MelanconMadness
10-29-2009, 03:44 PM
Ah ok, understandable then.

Wow callers on francesa talking about cliff lee and the pine tar. Ridiculous, I hate the fans that make excuses they beat us, get over it, yesterday is gone and nor coming back. We hated the whole "mo spit on the ball" when he clearly didn't crap. Why be hypocritical, makes you look stupid

philsphan123
10-29-2009, 03:46 PM
I added a poll

you can always just use my series thread...i can do polls...

Geekusa311
10-29-2009, 03:48 PM

I'm a Phillies fan. First off, the Yankees aren't heartless. They have a lot of fight in them and are scary. No reasonable lead is ever safe when facing the Yanks. The truth of the matter is that this isn't a Yankees soul searching convention...this is basically the honest fact that the Yankees are finally playing a team that can keep up.

The regular season seems so insignificant during the World Series. Many people chose the Yankees to win it all and of course they still can, but they were basing it mainly on the regular season record comparisons. You can throw that out already, move on, and focus on what's really going on here.

The Yankees wanted to bark up a tree but unfortunately for them, the Phillies are one BIG @$$ tree at that.

MelanconMadness
10-29-2009, 03:48 PM
Yankees lineup via Joe

Jeter
Damon
Tex
Alex
matsui
cano
hairston
cabrera
Molina

philsphan123
10-29-2009, 03:49 PM
Ah ok, understandable then.

Wow callers on francesa talking about cliff lee and the pine tar. Ridiculous, I hate the fans that make excuses they beat us, get over it, yesterday is gone and nor coming back. We hated the whole "mo spit on the ball" when he clearly didn't crap. Why be hypocritical, makes you look stupid

talk about the pot calling the kettle black(not you mel)...lee didnt cheat and yet the yankees have two guys that admitted to cheating...ironic...

philsphan123
10-29-2009, 03:49 PM
hairston has good numbers against pedro...it nice that the phillies can bring out the same lineup every day...we dont have to scramble to make things happen!

MooseWithFleas
10-29-2009, 03:57 PM
I think we are going to put up some runs today (6-8 range) so I'm glad Molina is starting, even though he is by far superior defensively and catches Burnett well.

MelanconMadness
10-29-2009, 03:57 PM
Just because you haven't heard of any phillies using steroids, doesn't mean they haven't. Not saying any did, but before it came out anyone that said arod used steroids was laughed at.

And the Yankees aren't scrambling, if someone on the bench for the phillies had better numbers against aj, they would be in. It's not scrambling, it's strategy

philsphan123
10-29-2009, 03:58 PM
he'll be hit for in the first if the phillies have their way with aj :-)

philsphan123
10-29-2009, 03:59 PM
what was the strategy last night?

philsphan123
l liked it whatever it was...who on the phillies even remotely fits the roids profile...

Gigantes4Life
These last 2 years have made me appreciate the Phillies much more.

MooseWithFleas
10-29-2009, 04:00 PM
Just because you haven't heard of any phillies using steroids, doesn't mean they haven't. Not saying any did, but before it came out anyone that said arod used steroids was laughed at.

And the Yankees aren't scrambling, if someone on the bench for the phillies had better numbers against aj, they would be in. It's not scrambling, it's strategy

Chollie isn't one to mess with team chemistry. The only position he will switch around is DH.

Hustla23
10-29-2009, 04:01 PM
Haha, my best friend who has never seen a baseball game in his life "became a Yankee fan" before the series started.

After the Phils won I offered to buy him a Phillies jersey LOL

:laugh:

MelanconMadness
10-29-2009, 04:03 PM
Chemistry means nothing once yiu get to thr playoffs. When 3 or 4 losses gets you eliminated, your putting the best players on the field, not making everyone happy

MooseWithFleas
10-29-2009, 04:06 PM
True, but Chollie goes with what's working (which just so happens to be what got him there).

MelanconMadness
10-29-2009, 04:06 PM
There is confidence, and then over confidence. Aj has had 1 bad inning this entire postseason and now he's projected to give up 8 runs. While CY Pedro will through a perfect game against a team leagues above the dodgers

Dark Donnie
10-29-2009, 04:09 PM
Chemistry means nothing once yiu get to thr playoffs. When 3 or 4 losses gets you eliminated, your putting the best players on the field, not making everyone happy

If that was the case wouldn't Posada be starting over Molina?

MelanconMadness
10-29-2009, 04:09 PM
l liked it whatever it was...who on the phillies even remotely fits the roids profile...

Matt stairs for 1

True, but Chollie goes with what's working (which just so happens to be what got him there).

and swisher wasn't working. You don't keep a struggling player in when you have someone with better numbers just to keep him happy

MooseWithFleas
10-29-2009, 04:10 PM
I never said Swisher shouldn't be benched. I just said Chollie will be keeping the same lineup for the whole series (except the DH)

MooseWithFleas
10-29-2009, 04:11 PM
These last 2 years have made me appreciate the Phillies much more.

:love:

MelanconMadness
10-29-2009, 04:17 PM
I never said Swisher shouldn't be benched. I just said Chollie will be keeping the same lineup for the whole series (except the DH)

Unless Charlie personally told you that, there's no way of knowing that for sure. If ibanez was struggling in the way swisher is, would you want/think he would stick with him when a better option sits on the bench, just to keep chemistry high? That isn't very good strategy when your 4 losses away from a long winter

donnie23
10-29-2009, 04:17 PM
I love the philles, watch their games and cheer for them all year long. Philly has alot of obnoxious fans (eagles more than phillies) but what passionate fan base doesn't (I know we do). The Phillies remind me of the old Yankees teams. The only team I root to fail are the RedStockings and whomever we are playing (who happens to be yous guys).

MooseWithFleas
10-29-2009, 04:22 PM
Unless Charlie personally told you that, there's no way of knowing that for sure. If ibanez was struggling in the way swisher is, would you want/think he would stick with him when a better option sits on the bench, just to keep chemistry high? That isn't very good strategy when your 4 losses away from a long winter

Did you see Pat Burrell at the end of last year? Absolutely love the guy but he was a horror. I felt so good for him when he finally got his first hit of the series in game 5.

ILikeThePhils
10-29-2009, 04:29 PM
Did you see Pat Burrell at the end of last year? Absolutely love the guy but he was a horror. I felt so good for him when he finally got his first hit of the series in game 5.

the double that would become the go-ahead run to win the game!

MelanconMadness
10-29-2009, 04:30 PM
But who would you put in that was a better option at that time?

PHIfaninSPAIN
10-29-2009, 04:58 PM
as a phillies fan im a little nervous about this game. i think the yanks get some runs off of pedro early, but i think the phils get to burnett more than the yanks get to pedro. im feelin a 6 to 4 phils win.

bullocks
10-29-2009, 05:11 PM
i think the yanks will win a close one

LAFord
10-29-2009, 05:22 PM
Pedro made me a believer again. Phils will win.

MelanconMadness
10-29-2009, 05:23 PM
I think Burnett will give up 28 runs in the first inning, and they call the game due to, no point in pitching since Pedro would only need 27 pitches to win the game

Mr. October
10-29-2009, 05:42 PM
I think Burnett will give up 28 runs in the first inning, and they call the game due to, no point in pitching since Pedro would only need 27 pitches to win the game

Is that some sort of record?

MelanconMadness
10-29-2009, 05:48 PM
It usually happens whenever Pedro pitches against the Yankees in the playoffs

No Fun League
10-29-2009, 06:08 PM
Good Luck Yankees, off to the game and root for my phillies :D

Mr. October
10-29-2009, 06:09 PM
It usually happens whenever Pedro pitches against the Yankees in the playoffs

I heard Steve Carlton will pitch for the Phillies too.

MelanconMadness
10-29-2009, 06:12 PM
lEt me put it this way. Bowa yesterday said it best, the dodgers approach to Pedro was awful, and chased him all night out of the zone. The Yankees don't chase bad pitches from average pitchers. If the Yankees don't beat down Pedro tonight, then they just don't deserve to win

GimmeAD
10-29-2009, 06:21 PM
lEt me put it this way. Bowa yesterday said it best, the dodgers approach to Pedro was awful, and chased him all night out of the zone. The Yankees don't chase bad pitches from average pitchers. If the Yankees don't beat down Pedro tonight, then they just don't deserve to win

Yea and if the Phils don't beat down AJ then they don't deserve to win, it would absolutely not mean AJ pitched a good game :rolleyes:

What an idiotic statement.

MelanconMadness
10-29-2009, 06:25 PM
you really comparing Pedro to AJ at this point of their careers? Come on, talk about idiotic statements. Aj can easily shut down any team on any day good or bad, Pedro can't unless teams help him like the dodgers did. The Yankees take pitches, dodgers don't. AJ walks people but will strike out the next 2 to mak up for it, Pedro doesn't strike people out anymore

and the not deserving to win statement was in regard to the seres, not the game

Mr. October
10-29-2009, 06:30 PM
Yea and if the Phils don't beat down AJ then they don't deserve to win, it would absolutely not mean AJ pitched a good game :rolleyes:

What an idiotic statement.

There's a reason why Pedro didn't have a team until mid July and AJ had two teams trying to give him at least 80 million.

MelanconMadness
10-29-2009, 06:32 PM
Well Pedro wasn't 100% healthy until then

Pensx3
10-29-2009, 06:34 PM
I am shocked that the Phillies are starting MATT STAIRS as DH. I know he is too old and out of shape to play in the field, but do you want him getting 3-4 bats???

I dont know about that one...i dont even know how he still plays

Imperial
10-29-2009, 06:36 PM
I'd be nervous about this game if I was a fan of either the Yankees or the Phillies. I feel like both these pitchers could blow up at any moment. If I was a Phillies fan, I'd watch out for a big first inning. Historically, that's been the toughest part of the game for Pedro (3.30 ERA in the first 15 pitches, 3.59 ERA over the next 15 pitches and an ERA below 3 every other 15 pitch increment until he gets over 90 pitches). If I was a Yankees fan I'd look out for walks from Burnett. He walked nearly a batter every other inning this season.

MelanconMadness
10-29-2009, 06:37 PM
Matt stairs will not be a factor in the game nor will hairston, so it's not really a big deal move

btw, the world series is underway, and the top story is that fox will have a Brett favre camera view during sundays game

Imperial
10-29-2009, 06:38 PM
There's a reason why Pedro didn't have a team until mid July and AJ had two teams trying to give him at least 80 million.

Because Pedro's older? If Pedro was AJ's age, teams would be lining up to give him a lot more than 80 million.

MelanconMadness
10-29-2009, 06:39 PM
I'd be nervous about this game if I was a fan of either the Yankees or the Phillies. I feel like both these pitchers could blow up at any moment. If I was a Phillies fan, I'd watch out for a big first inning. Historically, that's been the toughest part of the game for Pedro (3.30 ERA in the first 15 pitches, 3.59 ERA over the next 15 pitches and an ERA below 3 every other 15 pitch increment until he gets over 90 pitches). If I was a Yankees fan I'd look out for walks from Burnett. He walked nearly a batter every other inning this season.

Exactly, both can easily have a blow up game where they both leave the game having given up 5-6 runs. But how many games in the last 4 years has Pedro faced an AL lineup? It is alot more likely for Pedro to blow up than Burnett

Mr. October
10-29-2009, 06:39 PM
Because Pedro's older? If Pedro was AJ's age, teams would be lining up to give him a lot more than 80 million.

That really was my point. Pedro was the better pitcher one time in his life, but not at the moment.

MelanconMadness
10-29-2009, 06:41 PM

Not if Pedro was the same pitcher he is now. He would get 50m at tops

Dem Phils!!!
10-29-2009, 06:42 PM
Pedro has become like Moyer in that he understands how to extend his pitching career. Placement is everything. Pedro also has ice in his veins which is great. It means that he will be steady throughout. I understand how much Yankee fans hate him because I know the history. Many of the fans don't realize how great Pedro has been for us this year. If you saw a game of his you would see that he is steady. There isn't a better candidate on our team besides Lee to pitch this game. Happ and Hamels need to pitch in Philly. My opinion but I feel strong about it. They need that home town crowd to maximize our effort.

Follow me down the rabbit hole for a sec. Whether we win or lose tonight has minimal bearing on things because the natural ebb and flow of this game. Winning the first game back in Philly, however, is critical. Traveling to a different stadium is like having a break and it is a natural momentum changer.

I want to win really bad tonight. It would be awesome no doubt. We [B]have [B] to win game 3 though in order to dominate the series....

rjvacad
10-29-2009, 06:43 PM
Damn I love the yankees wasting all their money. :clap:

Imperial
10-29-2009, 06:43 PM
That really was my point. Pedro was the better pitcher one time in his life, but not at the moment.

If this was a regular season game, I'd take AJ any day of the weak. But he seems to be a bit of a head case and has virtually no postseason experience. I'd say it's a wash. Pedro has the ability to blow up because he doesn't have his good stuff and doesn't have the good velocity on his fastball anymore, AJ has the ability to blow up because he's been very wild all year and seems to get rattled easily.

GoatMilk
10-29-2009, 06:45 PM
this game is such a wild card.
both can be brilliant or get shelled.
who knows

all i know is that if i'm a yankee fan, no way i want Burnett pitching this must win

so i say advantage phils

Imperial
10-29-2009, 06:46 PM
Exactly, both can easily have a blow up game where they both leave the game having given up 5-6 runs. But how many games in the last 4 years has Pedro faced an AL lineup? It is alot more likely for Pedro to blow up than Burnett

AJ has just as much ability to blow up. He averaged about a walk every 2 innings this year and blew up his last game in the playoffs.

TotallySox9097
10-29-2009, 06:48 PM
Lets go Phillies!

Imperial
10-29-2009, 06:48 PM
this game is such a wild card.
both can be brilliant or get shelled.
who knows

all i know is that if i'm a yankee fan, no way i want Burnett pitching this must win

so i say advantage phils

Yeah, if Pettitte didn't pitch the last Yankees game, I have a feeling Girardi would have started him in this game.

Imperial
10-29-2009, 06:49 PM
Lets go Phillies!

lol, you just quoted Tim Dierkes? That guy asked me to contribute to his blog and I declined. That blog hardly gets any views.

GimmeAD
10-29-2009, 06:50 PM
you really comparing Pedro to AJ at this point of their careers? Come on, talk about idiotic statements. Aj can easily shut down any team on any day good or bad, Pedro can't unless teams help him like the dodgers did. The Yankees take pitches, dodgers don't. AJ walks people but will strike out the next 2 to mak up for it, Pedro doesn't strike people out anymore

and the not deserving to win statement was in regard to the seres, not the game

What point they are at in their careers means little. I'm just not a fan of the whole "we beat ourselves" crap. Tip your hat and move on. That's what I'll do if AJ pitches well.

Yea, stupidity. HORRIBLE contract.

MelanconMadness
10-29-2009, 06:52 PM
AJ has just as much ability to blow up. He averaged about a walk every 2 innings this year and blew up his last game in the playoffs.

But also is a shutdown strikeout pitcher. Aj will have his walks, that's a given. But he can easily strike out players to get out of jams. He has loaded the bases with 0 outs and struck out the next 3 to get out of the inning unscaved on several occasions. He's a shut down pitcher against American league lineups, Pedro has very small sample sizes against lineups like this since his 98 mph fastball lost 10 mph

Twitchy
10-29-2009, 06:53 PM
Not that I have a problem with benching Swisher but doesn't it make more sense to start Hinske who can actually hit RHP unlike Hariston? Especially with AJ being a strikeout/GB type pitcher, outfield defense should be the least of the Yankees concerns.

Is Girardi trying to handicap the Yanks or is Hariston more gritty, pesky and clutch than I give him credit for...

Imperial
10-29-2009, 06:55 PM
But also is a shutdown strikeout pitcher. Aj will have his walks, that's a given. But he can easily strike out players to get out of jams. He has loaded the bases with 0 outs and struck out the next 3 to get out of the inning unscaved on several occasions. He's a shut down pitcher against American league lineups, Pedro has very small sample sizes against lineups like this since his 98 mph fastball lost 10 mph

AJ was not a shut down strike out pitcher this year. He had a K/BB of 2, gave up more than a home run per 9 innings and had a WHIP of 1.40. He allows A LOT of baserunners and gives up some big hits.

GimmeAD
10-29-2009, 06:55 PM
Not that I have a problem with benching Swisher but doesn't it make more sense to start Hinske who can actually hit RHP unlike Hariston? Especially with AJ being a strikeout/GB type pitcher, outfield defense should be the least of the Yankees concerns.

Is Girardi trying to handicap the Yanks or is Hariston more gritty, pesky and clutch than I give him credit for...

His intangibles are intangible.

MelanconMadness
10-29-2009, 06:56 PM
What point they are at in their careers means little. I'm just not a fan of the whole "we beat ourselves" crap. Tip your hat and move on. That's what I'll do if AJ pitches well.

Yea, stupidity. HORRIBLE contract.

Any real fan of the game will tip their cap to their opponent. No one is playing the beat ourselves card, but this isn't 1998 or even 2003 Pedro. If we can't beat this Pedro, you tip your cap and say, better luck next year

and if we don't pay Burnett 86 mill, the same amount and years as the braves, are the Yankees even here? So in that case, it's not horrible

Imperial
10-29-2009, 06:57 PM

AJ really hasn't been a groundball pitcher this year. His GB/FG is 1.09. I have no idea what Girardi's thinking though. He's really made some questionable decisions in the playoffs.

GimmeAD
10-29-2009, 06:57 PM
Any real fan of the game will tip their cap to their opponent. No one is playing the beat ourselves card, but this isn't 1998 or even 2003 Pedro. If we can't beat this Pedro, you tip your cap and say, better luck next year

and if we don't pay Burnett 86 mill, the same amount and years as the braves, are the Yankees even here? So in that case, it's not horrible

Yea, I think they are.

MelanconMadness
10-29-2009, 06:58 PM

If your looking for gritty and a left handed hitter and + defense, you play Gardner. I don't think it's a terrible move, nor is it genius. It's more of a non move in my eye

Imperial
10-29-2009, 07:00 PM
Yea, I think they are.

Yeah, chances are the Yankees would be in the World Series regardless of whether they signed Burnett or not.

MelanconMadness
10-29-2009, 07:01 PM
AJ was not a shut down strike out pitcher this year. He had a K/BB of 2, gave up more than a home run per 9 innings and had a WHIP of 1.40. He allows A LOT of baserunners and gives up some big hits.

He's more shutdown than Pedro thts what I'm trying to say

MelanconMadness
10-29-2009, 07:03 PM
With what rotation do we make the world series with? Sabathia pettitte gaudin/tomko joba aceves/mitre

in the American league? No chance

Imperial
10-29-2009, 07:05 PM

How is he more shut down? His WHIP was 1.40+, last year it was over 1.30. Pedro this year was 1.20+ and last year was 1.50+. Seems pretty even to me. Burnett is usually wild, even in his good years. He's had a WHIP under 1.30 once out of 4 years in the AL.

Imperial
10-29-2009, 07:07 PM
With what rotation do we make the world series with? Sabathia pettitte gaudin/tomko joba aceves/mitre

in the American league? No chance

LOL

Yeah, the Yankees sure were stingy this offseason. I'm sure they wouldn't have signed someone else :facepalm:

MelanconMadness
10-29-2009, 07:08 PM
Again, Pedro isn't facing the red sox rays twins tigers rangers or angels offenses. He's facing a pitcher 2/3 times a game. So comparing numbers in the different leagues is moot. Look at John smoltz for instance

Imperial
10-29-2009, 07:09 PM

According to what stat?

P.S. - Are you drunk already?

MelanconMadness
10-29-2009, 07:10 PM
LOL

Yeah, the Yankees sure were stingy this offseason. I'm sure they wouldn't have signed someone else :facepalm:

Yes the Yankees had a great offensive season, but who are you signing that is better than Burnett? Lowe? A guy who isn't better than Burnett and hasn't pitched in the al since 2003

MelanconMadness
10-29-2009, 07:14 PM
According to what stat?

P.S. - Are you drunk already?

Why don't you look at both players stats, take into effect who Pedro faced this season and there is your answer. It's not that tough

no, it's called typing on an iPhone, I apologize that I don't get every word spelled correctly. There are people that say Moar over more, and your critisizing me for missing a letter?

PaleHose
10-29-2009, 07:19 PM
Pedro is due for a dud, but... whatever. Go Phillies!!!

MelanconMadness
10-29-2009, 07:27 PM
Burnett without a doubt does not deserve 86 million or 5 years. But when there's no free agents that are as good as him, and another team has the same offer on the table, you sign him. He's not an ace, he has ace type stuff, but too many walks to be an ace. Is he better than Pedro? Yes. Anyone arguing otherwise is a homer. It would surprise me more for pedro to throw a gem against the Yankees than Burnett throwing a gem against the phillies. Can Pedro throw a gem? Sure, so can Vicente padilla. But it's not at all likely. And take into account, AJs 1 bad inning this postseason against the angels was at the angels, when his numbers are better at home

DeadMemories
10-29-2009, 07:30 PM
Go Yanks, if the phillies end up winning. I atleast wanna see a good series and have it go 7 games.

GoatMilk
10-29-2009, 07:35 PM
is anyone watching this?

the echo is awful

this is a bad omen for the yankees

DeadMemories
10-29-2009, 07:41 PM
I miss jeanie zalasko, rather see her mug then have annoying chris rose there.

donnie23
10-29-2009, 07:50 PM
Yeah, chances are the Yankees would be in the World Series regardless of whether they signed Burnett or not.

That's doubtful, now if you want to give me an alternative to AJ thats fine, but with who was available on our roster, I doubt it.

Twitchy
10-29-2009, 07:52 PM
If your looking for gritty and a left handed hitter and + defense, you play Gardner. I don't think it's a terrible move, nor is it genius. It's more of a non move in my eye

Hinske has a 778 OPS this year and a career 804 OPS vs RHP. Hairston has a 694 OPS vs RHP this year and a 697 career OPS vs RHP.

How can you even suggest it's a non-move? Not only are you taking out Swisher, who despite his struggles could break out at any time - but you're putting in one of, if not the worst bench player you have.

Hairston's defense can't be worth the 100+ points in OPS that Hinske has over him. It's not even close. You're not giving your team the best chance to win by putting Hairston in over Hinske vs a right handed pitcher.

YankeeFan28
10-29-2009, 07:53 PM
"You lead the league in getting blown off"

Why can't they say things like that more often?

Twitchy
10-29-2009, 07:59 PM
Oh and I forgot to add that Jose Molina is in the lineup too. So not only did he bench Swisher he took out Posada's bat. Against a RHP they took out two lefties (well, switch hitters, but vs Pedro lefties), and added in the worst two right handed bats in the lineup.

Girardi must think it's the other Pennsylvania team (Pirates) because he can't honestly believe that Molina and Hairston give him a better shot than Posada and Swisher/Hinske. And if he does he needs to be fired.

YankeeFan28
10-29-2009, 08:03 PM
Oh and I forgot to add that Jose Molina is in the lineup too. So not only did he bench Swisher he took out Posada's bat. Against a RHP they took out two lefties (well, switch hitters, but vs Pedro lefties), and added in the worst two right handed bats in the lineup.

Girardi must think it's the other Pennsylvania team (Pirates) because he can't honestly believe that Molina and Hairston give him a better shot than Posada and Swisher/Hinske. And if he does he needs to be fired.

Yes, it's a terribly stupid move.

This Molina personally catching for Burnett crap is ********.

Red_Sox_89
10-29-2009, 08:04 PM
AJ's got a lot of movement on that fastball early on. Definitely gonna be hard for these lefties from what it looks like

YankeeFan28
10-29-2009, 08:06 PM
AJ's got a lot of movement on that fastball early on. Definitely gonna be hard for these lefties from what it looks like

It takes AJ one inning to throw away a beautifully pitched game.

I think we're in for a slug fest.

MelanconMadness
10-29-2009, 08:07 PM
Can't speak for the entire game, or Pedro yet, but that's what aj can bring, Pedro hasn't been able for a long time

VenezuelanMet
10-29-2009, 08:08 PM
Let's go Pedro, yank someone.

MelanconMadness
10-29-2009, 08:08 PM
It takes AJ one inning to throw away a beautifully pitched game.

I think we're in for a slug fest.

Aj can strikeout 10 in a row and walk the next 5. He's erratic, and stressfull to watch. But when he is on, he's great to watch

MelanconMadness
10-29-2009, 08:09 PM
Did Pedro develop a double chin?

Imperial
10-29-2009, 08:09 PM

I'm stuck watching Gameday until 9, but AJ can look like an ace in one inning and a minor league pitcher the next. He's done it all year.

Red_Sox_89
10-29-2009, 08:10 PM
Wow... Pedro had no control on that 2-2 pitch... that was WAY outside.

Red_Sox_89
10-29-2009, 08:10 PM
Solid fastball there though

Red_Sox_89
10-29-2009, 08:11 PM
This is the at-bat i was most excited for :)

Stamina
10-29-2009, 08:14 PM
Wow Pedro showing no signs of rust

YankeeFan28
10-29-2009, 08:15 PM
I don't know if it's my TV, but is there something yellow on Pedro's right thigh? On his pants?

Imperial
10-29-2009, 08:15 PM
Perfect start by Pedro. If he gets through the first inning clean, he's usually on.

Angry Norwegian
10-29-2009, 08:16 PM
Has the makings of a great game.

Imperial
10-29-2009, 08:16 PM
I don't know if it's my TV, but is there something yellow on Pedro's right thigh? On his pants?

I wouldn't be surprised. The pitchers have been touching suspiciously dirty hats all postseason.

Red_Sox_89
10-29-2009, 08:17 PM

I didn't see anything, I'll keep an eye out. I can't rewind it cuz i am visitin home and my parents moved the DVR box to my lil bro's room while i was gone. :mad:

Red_Sox_89
10-29-2009, 08:18 PM
Is it just me or is AJ's strike zone a bit larger than Pedros?

YankeeFan28
10-29-2009, 08:19 PM

Game day had it as a strike. Usually game day shows balls out side of the zone even if the ump calls it a K.

It was a high strike though.

Stamina
K!

donnie23

Its just you.

Red_Sox_89
10-29-2009, 08:21 PM
Game day had it as a strike. Usually game day shows balls out side of the zone even if the ump calls it a K.

It was a high strike though.

yeah, there was another one just now to Werth, outside pitch, looked outside. (just wanna mention that I am not sayin there is a conspiracy, but umps call certain pitchers differently on accident)

Red_Sox_89
10-29-2009, 08:22 PM
Its just you.

Thanks

Red_Sox_89
10-29-2009, 08:25 PM
Matt Stairs!!!!! Haha

Dr.Philly
10-29-2009, 08:28 PM
Nice throw Damon!

1-0 Phils

Red_Sox_89
The fat old bastard can still hit... A-rod REALLY shoulda had that ball.

GaySlur
Johnny Damon:

Looks like Jesus
Acts like Judas
Throws like Mary

Stamina
10-29-2009, 08:29 PM
It should still be 0-0!

FREDFLINTSTONE
10-29-2009, 08:30 PM
6 woulda, shoulda A-Fraud.

donnie23
10-29-2009, 08:31 PM
Cmon, Damon had no throw even if he had an arm, 2 out and alex slowed it down.

Station 13
10-29-2009, 08:31 PM
Lets go Pedro

donnie23
10-29-2009, 08:43 PM
These Phils are gamers! I'm very impressed.

Imperial
10-29-2009, 08:52 PM
And here come the walks from Burnett...

theducksmuggler
10-29-2009, 08:56 PM
i cant believe no one said anything about rauls catch that thing was ridiculous

donnie23
10-29-2009, 08:58 PM
see my "gamer" comment

theducksmuggler
10-29-2009, 09:01 PM
are the walks starting this early for burnett

Imperial
10-29-2009, 09:02 PM
Walk a player to bring up a 45+ home run hitting lefty in Yankee Stadium? That's interesting...

donnie23
10-29-2009, 09:07 PM
Walk a player to bring up a 45+ home run hitting lefty in Yankee Stadium? That's interesting...

Just didn't want to pitch behind to Utley.

ronfin
10-29-2009, 09:13 PM
i cant believe no one said anything about rauls catch that thing was ridiculous

If that ball goes to the wall this game is tied. He let it all out on that dive and came up lucky. Love his grit and determination. He just saved a run all by himself IMO.

Stamina
10-29-2009, 09:16 PM
Pedro has no chin

ronfin
10-29-2009, 09:17 PM
Blackberry commercials make no sense.

donnie23
10-29-2009, 09:18 PM
Pedro has no chin

it doesn't seem to bother him tonight.

NFLNBA
10-29-2009, 09:20 PM
Will the Yankees get 1 earned run this series? Thats the real question now

donnie23
10-29-2009, 09:23 PM
Molina!

VenezuelanMet
10-29-2009, 09:24 PM
What a slow *** game, and I skipped class for this :laugh2: I could have arrived by the 5th.

Stamina
10-29-2009, 09:28 PM
Wo0 Ho0! Tex Came Thru!!

Imperial
10-29-2009, 09:28 PM
Wow, Tex actually made an impact in the postseason.

GoatMilk
10-29-2009, 09:35 PM
5 K's

donnie23
Wow, Tex actually made an impact in the postseason.

Thats not fair he has a three run double that our bp gave up and a walk off HR.

Imperial
Well, Pedro looks like his old self so far...

Imperial
10-29-2009, 09:38 PM
Thats not fair he has a three run double that our bp gave up and a walk off HR.

It's perfectly fair. He hit .186/.250/.279 in the postseason coming into tonight.

GoatMilk
10-29-2009, 09:41 PM
Babe Ruiz again!
holy ****

donnie23
10-29-2009, 09:41 PM
It's perfectly fair. He hit .186/.250/.279 in the postseason coming into tonight.

Read your original post.

Imperial
10-29-2009, 09:43 PM
Read your original post.

Did he or didn't he make a significant impact on the postseason so far? One extra base hit in a game the Yankees lost isn't much of an impact.

donnie23
10-29-2009, 09:55 PM
It was incredibly impactfu at the time. The single ahead of Alex's game tying HR? And the walk off HR? Stop hating.

Imperial
10-29-2009, 10:00 PM
It was incredibly impactfu at the time. The single ahead of Alex's game tying HR? And the walk off HR? Stop hating.

When I call a .186/.250/.279 effort with only 1 XB hit in a losing effort non-impactful I'm hating? LOL. You Yankees fans are so cute/blind.

theducksmuggler
10-29-2009, 10:03 PM
donnie r u a yanks r phils fan cuz your sig says jeter sux hahah

GoatMilk
10-29-2009, 10:06 PM
i dont think Pedro can hear the daddy chants

he's freakin LOCKED

Imperial
10-29-2009, 10:07 PM
i dont think Pedro can hear the daddy chants

he's freakin LOCKED

He didn't hear them last time he make the Yankees fans eat their words either.

GoatMilk
10-29-2009, 10:08 PM
K-Rod?

bringbackfredex
10-29-2009, 10:09 PM

lavell12
10-29-2009, 10:10 PM
A-Rod being A-Rod. He should also have an error tonight.

Stamina
10-29-2009, 10:10 PM
Matsuiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

donnie23
10-29-2009, 10:11 PM
I didn't say Tex has been good you said he finally got an impactful hit, I think he has been awful. Stop putting words in my mouth!

GoatMilk
that just means Burnett will give up a run

Imperial
Yes another NYS cheapie. They've really thrived off this minor league ballpark.

lavell12
10-29-2009, 10:12 PM

that wouldn't have gone out of williamsport

Imperial
10-29-2009, 10:12 PM
I didn't say Tex has been good you said he finally got an impactful hit, I think he has been awful. Stop putting words in my mouth!

I said he finally made an impact. 1 XB hit the entire postseason in a losing effort is not impactful. Try to have some level of objectivity here please.

Mell413
10-29-2009, 10:13 PM

Utley's first HR yesterday was similar to Matsui's.

Imperial
10-29-2009, 10:13 PM
that wouldn't have gone out of williamsport

I didn't realize 12-year-olds played minor league ball now. Wow, you most be a real insider to know that!

Imperial
10-29-2009, 10:14 PM
Utley's first HR yesterday was similar to Matsui's.

Utley's was more left-center. Somewhat similar, but the Phils didn't get those cheapies all year.

YankeeFan28
10-29-2009, 10:16 PM
Lol "whatever happens in this 7th inning, Burnett has pitched well".

The 7th inning counts too buddy

iggypop123
10-29-2009, 10:17 PM

yeah cause utley's first hr wasnt a cheap one?

YankeeFan28

It's only a cheapie when a Yankee hits one. When the opposition does, it's called justice.

GoatMilk
daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

DeadMemories
yeah cause only the yankees have an advantage in a small park?

GoatMilk
10-29-2009, 10:18 PM
It's only a cheapie when a Yankee hits one. When the opposition does, it's called justice.

no one talks **** about the Phils tiny *** park

Imperial
10-29-2009, 10:19 PM

The Yankees designed the field and they're the ones who have been hitting cheapies in it all year.

GoatMilk
10-29-2009, 10:19 PM
AJ's done.
awesome game

dont push your luck Joe, go get Mo

Imperial
10-29-2009, 10:20 PM
no one talks **** about the Phils tiny *** park

The Phils have a hitter's park as well. It's not nearly as much of a launching pad for cheap lefty homers though.

theducksmuggler
10-29-2009, 10:20 PM
i cant wait for the phils to hit around another "great" closer this postseason watch rivera fail (i hope all of this dont bash hahah)

Dark Donnie
10-29-2009, 10:21 PM

:cry:

Imperial
10-29-2009, 10:21 PM
yeah cause only the yankees have an advantage in a small park?

Did anyone other than you say that?

No? That's what I thought. Thank you, come again.

Imperial
10-29-2009, 10:22 PM
:cry:

Yeah, don't the Yankees have it so tough? :laugh:

Dark Donnie
10-29-2009, 10:23 PM

:)

Imperial
10-29-2009, 10:24 PM
:)

You'd think they had the salary of the Marlins the way their fans act like victims all the time.

GoatMilk
10-29-2009, 10:24 PM
if pedro keeps it as is, i think the phils can score off Mariano.
at least a tie game

NFLNBA
10-29-2009, 10:25 PM
You know what would have been smart! Yankees should have started Gaudin game 1 vs Lee because your not gonna beat that guy then you have CC, Burnett, Pettitte vs the philly's weaker pitchers, what you think? Then pitch CC game 5

The Yankees can beat any other pitcher the philly's throw at them so dont waste CC against Lee

YankeeFan28
10-29-2009, 10:25 PM

No, but it does show us how foolishly biased some can be.

Imperial
10-29-2009, 10:27 PM
if pedro keeps it as is, i think the phils can score off Mariano.
at least a tie game

If Girardi tries to get 2 full innings out of Mo, he's hittable.

Imperial
10-29-2009, 10:28 PM
No, but it does show us how foolishly biased some can be.

Was the home run or wasn't the home run a NYS cheapie? All I said is that it was. I never said only Yankees hit them and I was working when Utley hit his yesterday.

GoatMilk
10-29-2009, 10:28 PM
i'm so sick of seeing Gardner come in and pinch run
annoying as hell

YankeeFan28
10-29-2009, 10:29 PM
Was the home run or wasn't the home run a NYS cheapie? All I said is that it was. I never said only Yankees hit them and I was working when Utley hit his yesterday.

It was a cheapie. No doubt about it.

But both teams can take advantage of it.

Imperial
You know what would have been smart! Yankees should have started Gaudin game 1 vs Lee because your not gonna beat that guy then you have CC, Burnett, Pettitte vs the philly's weaker pitchers, what you think? Then pitch CC game 5

The Yankees can beat any other pitcher the philly's throw at them so dont waste CC against Lee

:facepalm:

What's next, "the Yankees are invincible?"

GoatMilk
Manuel pulled a Grady Little

Imperial
10-29-2009, 10:30 PM
It was a cheapie. No doubt about it.

But both teams can take advantage of it.

Did anyone in this thread say anything otherwise?

Stamina
10-29-2009, 10:30 PM
This is exactly the motivation the Yankees need right now.

Stamina
10-29-2009, 10:31 PM
i'm so sick of seeing Gardner come in and pinch run
annoying as hell

The Kid is fast as hell!

Imperial
10-29-2009, 10:31 PM
Pedro pitched a hell of a game. I'd laugh at the Yankees fans too.

Dark Donnie
10-29-2009, 10:33 PM
Haha Pedro with the smirk was great. They had no effect on him. Good game Pedro!

GoatMilk
The Kid is fast as hell!

i know thats why it's annoying
lol

YankeeFan28
Did anyone in this thread say anything otherwise?

Your right. My fault. There's no bias around here.

My apologies.

YankeeFan28
10-29-2009, 10:34 PM
Pedro pitched a great game. Unfortunately he's a 5-6 inning pitcher depending on his pitch count.

Imperial
10-29-2009, 10:35 PM
Your right. My fault. There's no bias around here.

My apologies.

lol, did anyone say there wasn't bias around here? We could go all night like this. Fact is, you're being defensive about things no one said which just proves my point that Yankees fans act like victims all the time.

YankeeFan28
10-29-2009, 10:36 PM
lol, did anyone say there wasn't bias around here? We could go all night like this. Fact is, you're being defensive about things no one said which just proves my point that Yankees fans act like victims all the time.

You're arguing with one person, and it turns into Yankees fans. I'm honored to represent a whole fan base.

GoatMilk
10-29-2009, 10:36 PM
haha
Chan Ho

piece of ****

Imperial
10-29-2009, 10:38 PM

:shrug:

See you sig if you need further proof.

YankeeFan28
Wow Jeter, way to be mr. intangibles

GoatMilk
lol who heard McCarver squeal?

Imperial
Intangibles!

*splurge*

Oh wait... that wasn't the best play anyone's ever seen in the playoffs? Bummer.

theducksmuggler
10-29-2009, 10:39 PM
Hahahha thank you jeter wow

Stamina
That was stupid of Jeter!

donnie23
Gift from DJ? Hope it doesn't come back to bite us in the ***.

YankeeFan28
That was stupidity at it's finest.

Imperial
10-29-2009, 10:42 PM
That was Derek Jeter.

Fixed it for ya!

ShinobiNYC
10-29-2009, 10:42 PM
:shrug:

See you sig if you need further proof.

If you've been here long enough you'd know he had that sig for like 2+ years.

ShinobiNYC
10-29-2009, 10:43 PM
Man these umps do want the Yanks to win don't they

Stamina
10-29-2009, 10:44 PM
****in ********!!!

Imperial
If you've been here long enough you'd know he had that sig for like 2+ years.

Yeah, it must have been rough to have $200,000,000+ salary that year.

iggypop123
great gift from the ump

Imperial
A call went against the Yankees?!?

:speechless:

m26555
But guiz! The Yankees get all the calls! :rolleyes:

donnie23
look at the ball!

bullocks
oh wow, should be bases loaded with 1 out

NFLNBA
10-29-2009, 10:46 PM
WOW! Instant replay anyone? was gonna bases loaded with only 1 out with tex and arod up, instead a double play out what complete BS

Imperial
look at the ball!

I said the same thing with all the gift calls that went in the favor of the Yankees.

ShinobiNYC
Yeah, it must have been rough to have $200,000,000+ salary that year.

Must have been pretty sad to bring the payroll excuse in any Yankees discussion