PDA

View Full Version : Nuggets

Kevj77
10-29-2009, 01:08 AM
First off I'm a Lakers fan so this isn't a homer thing. Everyone keeps talking about the Big 5. The Lakers, Celtics, Cavs, Magic and Spurs. Shouldn't Denver be in this conversation? I never really thought Shaq would improve the Cavs I think he's done. The Spurs and Celtics look great. I think the Lakers got better with Artest and the Magic improved by getting Carter although I'm sure some will disagree. Doesn't Denver at least deserve to be in the conversation though? Don't they at least have a shot?

abe_froman
10-29-2009, 01:11 AM
i put them in the convo and think they should be in it

but the reason people dont, is because they didnt grab a big name in the offseason like the rest did(thus generating buzz),not doing anything means people wont talk about you

Lakersfan2483
10-29-2009, 01:17 AM
They have a good team and will be in the hunt all year, however I don't think they have bigs to get it done against the Lakers and or the Spurs.

Go_NUGGETS
10-29-2009, 01:17 AM
All I know is.....TYYY LAWSONNNNNN is playing like a veteran out there.

He def. should be in convo for rookie of the year...He was a beast tonight..And him and Melo was players of the game.

Kevj77
10-29-2009, 01:18 AM
You're probably right they didn't make a move that grabs attention. The Cavs grabbed attention by getting Shaq, but I saw disaster all over that move. I liked the moves all the other contenders made. Still I think Melo is a top 5 player and pair with Billups and some depth it's a damn good team. Not a favorite, but at least a darkhorse.

TheKing23
10-29-2009, 01:20 AM
That dunk by Melo... Wow :speechless:

NiTEFuRY
10-29-2009, 01:21 AM
Maybe not now, but at some point I would not hesitate to take the Magic out and put the Nuggets in... but we shall see...

KayNti
10-29-2009, 01:38 AM
I would've love to see the Iverson/billups trade a year earlier to see how the team would have been with Camby also on the team; they would win the Title for sure

Go_NUGGETS
10-29-2009, 01:44 AM
I would've love to see the Iverson/billups trade a year earlier to see how the team would have been with Camby also on the team; they would win the Title for sure

We're a better team with Nene,Birdman,and K-Mart then we was with Camby and K-Mart with a hurt Nene.

Birdman has replaced what we missed with Camby defensively and NENE has always been a better offensive player.

knickerbockerny
10-29-2009, 01:45 AM
Ty Lawson is looking like a baller! Im kind of disappointed by beloved Knicks passed on him. But the Nuggets are going to be a problem especially when Smith gets back.

KayNti
10-29-2009, 01:55 AM
We're a better team with Nene,Birdman,and K-Mart then we was with Camby and K-Mart with a hurt Nene.

Birdman has replaced what we missed with Camby defensively and NENE has always been a better offensive player.

But Billups is the one that makes the difference though. I think they would been in the Finals against Boston instead of Lakers

Go_NUGGETS
10-29-2009, 02:02 AM
But Billups is the one that makes the difference though. I think they would been in the Finals against Boston instead of Lakers

I think Billups and NENE made the difference...NENE was out that entire season when Lakers beat the nuggets 4-0....And then we had K-Mart out the entire year before...So we never got to see Iverson play with a full healthy Nuggets squad...

But a Billups,Nene,K-Mart,Birdman squad is better than what we would've had with a Camby,K-Mart,Reggie Evans,Billups squad....Camby was really inconsistent offensively and all the blocking he was doing was replaced by Birdman.

Peace.

Game_Over
10-29-2009, 02:21 AM
Ty Lawson is looking like a baller! Im kind of disappointed by beloved Knicks passed on him. But the Nuggets are going to be a problem especially when Smith gets back.

Smart NBA fan here!!

Also glad to see some Lakers fans giving us some love, Melo is another year stronger and he will be in MVP talk this year quote me on it!!

iggypop123
10-29-2009, 03:00 AM
maybe. but usually each conference has 2 teams that have legit shots cause only 2 can play for conference titles. this yr its LA then SA and its BOS Orlando. everyone else is trying to get in but are good teams. its not like denver beat the lakers when they werent healthy if the lakers are 100% denver isnt in the top 4 conversation

Game_Over
10-29-2009, 03:18 AM
Like I said "SOME" Lakers fans, Lets see the Spurs be better this year!!

GoatMilk
10-29-2009, 03:23 AM
i'm not feeling them yet honestly

DenButsu
10-29-2009, 03:31 AM
That dunk by Melo... Wow :speechless:

I just uploaded it to youtube. :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IfjOYsgTOg

----------------------

Edit-

Actually, this one's much better than the one I put up (mine's from the nba.com highlights, this one's from the live game coverage, and the quality's better too):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBRcsPbQfU0

lakersfan211
10-29-2009, 05:05 AM
i think the nuggets are the second best team in the west , yeah in front of the spurs , i think the spurs are really overhyped this year , like i said in past post the spurs time is done , i beleive the nuggets are the biggest threat to us and yeah they should be a top 5 team taking the spurs out of the top 5 , spurs fans wont like what i said but i beleive that .

-Kobe24-TJ19-
10-29-2009, 05:42 AM
you mean the "Thuggets"

DenButsu
10-29-2009, 07:01 AM
you mean the "Thuggets"

Wow, that's so clever! I've never heard that one before! Did you think of it all by yourself? I'm really impressed! :clap:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
10-29-2009, 07:40 AM
Wow, that's so clever! I've never heard that one before! Did you think of it all by yourself? I'm really impressed! :clap:

Dude relax, its true

But i'm looking forward seeing lakers vs denver games

seriously theres a rivalry between these teams

remember the preseason game!

Kohaku
10-29-2009, 07:57 AM
Dude relax, its true

But i'm looking forward seeing lakers vs denver games

seriously theres a rivalry between these teams

remember the preseason game!

If they were truly Thuggets, I'm pretty sure there wouldn't be any other teams in the NBA :facepalm:

DenButsu
10-29-2009, 08:00 AM
Dude relax, its true

Oh, I'm just appreciating your creativity, that's all. I'm perfectly relaxed.

But yeah, there's a good rivalry now.

Ray_R
10-29-2009, 08:04 AM
i always had them in the conversation(just like the Magic) i would say 3rd and espicially how lawson playing seems like a pretty good threat if they persue a trade for RIP they would be pretty good out there and may make a run to WCF.

Ace33Bone
10-29-2009, 03:02 PM
I still the the jury is out on the Nuggetts being an elite team... Yes they did play very well last night but I do not know if they will get that type of production from Lawson and Ne Ne on a nightly basis... Yes JR Smith's return will help a great deal but he only shows up in about half of the games

Go_NUGGETS
10-29-2009, 03:14 PM
Yes JR Smith's return will help a great deal but he only shows up in about half of the games

^^What is this based on???? I mean, for the role he plays on the team, he showed up pretty consistently all last season until the 2nd round of the playoffs.

DrDEADalready
10-29-2009, 04:10 PM
First off I'm a Lakers fan so this isn't a homer thing. Everyone keeps talking about the Big 5. The Lakers, Celtics, Cavs, Magic and Spurs. Shouldn't Denver be in this conversation? I never really thought Shaq would improve the Cavs I think he's done. The Spurs and Celtics look great. I think the Lakers got better with Artest and the Magic improved by getting Carter although I'm sure some will disagree. Doesn't Denver at least deserve to be in the conversation though? Don't they at least have a shot?

No