PDA

View Full Version : game 1 v spurs

spacemandave
10-29-2009, 12:53 AM
so not much to be pleased with, bench was terrrrible again(whats deal w diogu, thornton, marks)...did anyone else see 3 bench bodies coming onto the screen and think is that really hilton armstrong, peja stojakovic, and bobby brown? **** is that about?...heres an idea byron, next game instead of those 3 losers, put in thornton/collison, marks/diogu, posey. what the **** byron those 3 guys? is hilton the worst player in the nba?....

dwest, play some d son....cp3 was sick nasty and im happy emeka played really well, he is so much better than chandler its laughable, juju was aite, mopete well id like you playing sg on our bench.

and as they said many times the hornets didnt stop the spurs from doing anything, layups, 3s, putbacks, easy game.

ballpd05
10-29-2009, 12:36 PM
I totally agree. Where was Thornton who was beasting in the preseason and the summer league? And he used 12 players so are Thornton and Diogu inactive or something. You have to be kidding me if you got Devin Brown, Hilton Armstrong, and Darius Songaila in there.

If we need scoring from the wing Marcus Thornton is the only thing close to being able to make a play off the dribble from the wing. Unless we got CP3 playing the 2 while Bobby Brown brings it up.

I was proud of Okafor, he did good. CP3 tried to Jansport the team and put them on his back. D West was playing like diva, he can score but doesn't worry about help D or filling the lanes or even hustling on D. The rest of the team was horrible. And so was the coaching, it looked like no one was motivated to play. And coach should know he needs Okafor or CP3 or skeptically D West out there. Don't sit them at the same time. Thats when the game went south.

ballpd05
10-29-2009, 12:40 PM
One last thing... while our wing players can't create looks for themselves, they obviously don't play D either. They couldnt keep anybody out the paint, and when they would get blown by Okafor was the only guy who would step up. And cuz cats cant keep their man in front of them they give up open threes.

Bower needs to pull some magic out his rear and get a trade that keeps CP and Okafor and gets some real athletes/players for the supporting cast.

Patrick Swayze
10-29-2009, 05:32 PM
Scott says Thornton won't be playing because he has a lot to learn and makes too many turnovers. I'd take his turnovers with his scoring over Devin Brown.