PDA

View Full Version : TNT has most-watched night of its NBA coverage

JordansBulls
10-28-2009, 11:03 PM
Source: USAToday (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/2009-10-28-1594442080_x.htm)

The doubleheader featuring title contenders Boston, Cleveland and the Los Angeles Lakers produced Turner's most-watched opening night in its 26 years of airing the NBA.

TNT drew nearly 3.7 million viewers Tuesday for the Celtics' 95-89 victory over the Cavaliers, followed by the Lakers' 99-92 win over the Clippers. That was a 43 percent increase over the 2.6 million that watched last year's opening-night doubleheader.

Overall, it was TNT's most-watched doubleheader since Feb. 2, 1996, a night that was anchored by a Bulls-Lakers showdown.

TNT drew a 2.3 U.S. household rating for Tuesday's coverage.

D Roses Bulls
10-28-2009, 11:05 PM
thats cause everyone was bored, lol. i think they could have had better match the first night if they wanted. like magic vs. lakers, magic vs. celtics, or boston vs. lakers or even put the spurs on opening night.

KG2TB
10-28-2009, 11:24 PM
thats cause everyone was bored, lol. i think they could have had better match the first night if they wanted. like magic vs. lakers, magic vs. celtics, or boston vs. lakers or even put the spurs on opening night.

I actually think more people would tune in to see Bos vs. Cle over Magic vs. Lakers or Magic vs. Celtics. Boston vs. Lakers would have been a bigger rating but you can't start off the season with the best matchup. You need to let those two teams go at it in the middle of the season. I thought Cavs vs. Celts was pretty good and a good opening night matchup. LAL vs. LAC was pretty decent too and would have been better if Griffin played. I never thought I'd ever say something like this but...I enjoy watching the Clippers. I'm beginning to like them.