PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Jackson trade talks heating up again....

asandhu23
10-28-2009, 07:30 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/10099/10099

By Chris Broussard

For now, this is a rumor because I haven't verified it with sources close to the situation, but I've been told by a few people around the league that the Stephen Jackson trade talk is heating up. I'm told that Golden State is mulling several offers, and one person told me he expects something to happen within the next few days. I don't know the particulars of any supposed offers, but I'm told Cleveland, Denver, San Antonio, New Orleans and the Los Angeles Clippers are all interested in Jackson.

Golden State wants Zydrunas Ilgauskas from Cleveland, but the Cavs aren't willing to give him up because they need him to back up Shaq. The Warriors would like Manu Ginobili from the Spurs, but I can't see the Spurs parting with Manu. I'm told the Warriors' discussions with Denver were brief because Jackson's $7.65 million salary doesn't fit under their $7.4 million trade exception.

Stay tuned...

bigsams50
10-28-2009, 07:33 PM
Wow.

29$JerZ
10-28-2009, 07:35 PM
So much for Denver, so close lol

Mell413
10-28-2009, 07:54 PM
Cleveland could use him. They lack athleticism on the perimeter.

Stunner
10-28-2009, 08:02 PM
Man if anybody get Captin Jack im going 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfHLUlZf4

Giaps
10-28-2009, 08:09 PM
Let's see if GS donates him to Cleveland for Ilgauskas. I'd be shocked if there aren't better offers out there than that.

TheKing23
10-28-2009, 08:13 PM
To be honest I was so sure about getting him, but if the Cavs can do it without giving up Z (unlikely) or getting a big in return (Brandan Wright/Ronny Turiaf) I would pull the trigger in a heartbeat.

TheKing23
10-28-2009, 08:17 PM
Let's see if GS donates him to Cleveland for Ilgauskas. I'd be shocked if there aren't better offers out there than that.

Z is one of the best options for them, he's an $11 million expiring contract and that would be like killing two birds with one stone for GS... They get rid of a big contract and distracting locker room presence and shed Z's $11 million off their paybooks at the end of the year.

Kakaroach
10-28-2009, 08:18 PM
Should be interesting to see where he goes. I think it will be Cleveland, but who knows.

Jripley1993
10-28-2009, 08:27 PM
i hate him

Becks2307
10-28-2009, 08:56 PM
lol what is Z gonna do in golden state...he is gonna be pissed

danbuc0101
10-28-2009, 09:02 PM
i hate him

x2

TheKing23
10-28-2009, 09:20 PM
lol what is Z gonna do in golden state...he is gonna be pissed

Can you imagine Z in Nellie's run and gun system... Jacking up three's on the fastbreak :laugh2:

TheKing23
10-28-2009, 09:59 PM
Ferry make it happen, pull the ****ing trigger... LeBron needs some help. The way his teammates have been playing is embarrassing. Varejao 0-5, Mo 4-14, Parker 4-11.

sofargone
10-28-2009, 10:00 PM
captain jack is going to charlotte YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST.

asandhu23
10-28-2009, 10:17 PM

:eyebrow:

Cash
10-28-2009, 10:37 PM
Cleveland would be stupid not to pull the trigger. This whole off-season, all they have been talking about is trying to move LBJ to the 4. Well guess what? This trade does that. AV then becomes the backup 4/5 so, you still get to rest Shaq.

I really don't like Cleveland, at all, but this would definitely help them alot.

philab
10-28-2009, 10:51 PM
If I'm Ferry, Jackson is on the Cavs at just about any cost.

TheKing23
10-28-2009, 10:53 PM
Cleveland would be stupid not to pull the trigger. This whole off-season, all they have been talking about is trying to move LBJ to the 4. Well guess what? This trade does that. AV then becomes the backup 4/5 so, you still get to rest Shaq.

I really don't like Cleveland, at all, but this would definitely help them alot.

I'm not sure about starting LeBron at the 4 or even giving him significant minutes there, but this trade would help them a lot... They get a guy who can be a legit 2nd option and a great perimeter defender.

philab
10-28-2009, 10:54 PM

I think you made that up. LeBron plays the 4 at times, but I'm not aware of any talk to move him permanently. It would be stupid -- why move him from his natural position where he has a size and speed advantage over just about any defender?

Ace33Bone
10-29-2009, 03:17 PM
I am praying that Jax finds his way to Cleveland... we need him

Lakersfan2483
10-29-2009, 03:22 PM
Jackson is a cancer and a ball stopper, he may hurt a team more so than helping a team.

Chronz
10-29-2009, 03:31 PM
I'm not sure about starting LeBron at the 4 or even giving him significant minutes there, but this trade would help them a lot... They get a guy who can be a legit 2nd option and a great perimeter defender.

Your not getting the point of the trade if you dont want Bron at the 4. They will be getting rid of Big Z, Bron WILL get more PT at the 4 if this happens.

Chronz
10-29-2009, 03:33 PM
I think you made that up. LeBron plays the 4 at times, but I'm not aware of any talk to move him permanently. It would be stupid -- why move him from his natural position where he has a size and speed advantage over just about any defender?

Because teams that start 2 non-shooters at the PF/C spot tend to fair poorly offensively. The Cavs need a 4 that can shoot, they try that with Big Z but hes MUCH too slow defensively.

Brons #'s at the 4 are better than when hes at the 3, his defense suffers though.

Chronz
10-29-2009, 03:35 PM
Color you shocked then because even Big Z is asking for too much

sliggy04
10-29-2009, 03:50 PM
Okay, granted Jax does go to Cleveland for Ilgauskas....there is only one ball to play with it. Why hasn't anybody thought of this????? Mo needs to score, LBJ needs to score, Shaq needs the ball, now Jax always wants the ball!! Seriously, this trade may help the Cavs or ruin their chemistry!!!

TheKing23
10-29-2009, 03:53 PM
Your not getting the point of the trade if you dont want Bron at the 4. They will be getting rid of Big Z, Bron WILL get more PT at the 4 if this happens.

No I am getting the point. I'll make it clearer for you. Any trade involving Big Z will not go down unless the Cavs get a big in return... In the case of Stephen Jackson, the Cavs would only do the trade if Ronny Turiaf is included or the Warriors immediately buy out Z's contract and he returns to the Cavs for the vet min. (like many players did last year).

LeBron's playing time at the 4 may increase over the season as MB learns how to properly utilise Shaq, but it won't be because of a lack of bigs.

Chronz
10-29-2009, 03:53 PM
That whole there only 1 ball thing is overused and quite frankly doesnt apply much. Its not about having the ball, its about being a threat with and without it.

Surround Bron with someone who cant score and he makes life harder on him, give him someone who can finish plays and the defense eases up on him. The guy who can score doesnt necessarily have to score to be effective, he just has to occupy his own defender. He does that, hes doing his job. My problem is that people think hes better than he really is. Jackson would help but theres got to be better players available for such a huge expiring contract than a chucker like him.

TheKing23
10-29-2009, 03:56 PM
Okay, granted Jax does go to Cleveland for Ilgauskas....there is only one ball to play with it. Why hasn't anybody thought of this????? Mo needs to score, LBJ needs to score, Shaq needs the ball, now Jax always wants the ball!! Seriously, this trade may help the Cavs or ruin their chemistry!!!

Everyones was saying the same thing for the Celtics when they acquired KG and Ray Allen and the same for LA with Artest this year. Granted Jackson is no KG or Ray but i'm sure he'll sacrifice a few points to have a chance at winning another title, especially when you have LeBron and Shaq on your team.

Chronz
10-29-2009, 03:58 PM
No I am getting the point. I'll make it clearer for you. Any trade involving Big Z will not go down unless the Cavs get a big in return...
That was my hope as well, but you should make it clearer because from the sounds of your prior post, you made no mention of any bigs. But what makes you think they wont trade Z unless its for another big? Do you have any links where you inferred that info or are you just trying to cover your ***?

The point I was making, was that by agreeing to the trade being discussed in this thread is that it WILL be a move to play Bron HEAVY minutes at the 4.

In the case of Stephen Jackson, the Cavs would only do the trade if Ronny Turiaf is included or the Warriors immediately buy out Z's contract and he returns to the Cavs for the vet min. (like many players did last year).

That would be a dream, but where are you getting this info from?

LeBron's playing time at the 4 may increase over the season as MB learns how to properly utilise Shaq, but it won't be because of a lack of bigs.

Your still not getting it, the reason they want to play Bron at the 4 is because they lack the bigs to fill the role Bron can fill. Scrambling defensively without being a sag threat.

If they get a big who can fill that role, then Brons minutes at the 4 will in fact decrease, not increase the way you asserted.

TheKing23
10-29-2009, 04:10 PM
That was my hope as well, but you should make it clearer because from the sounds of your prior post, you made no mention of any bigs. But what makes you think they wont trade Z unless its for another big? Do you have any links where you inferred that info or are you just trying to cover your ***?

The point I was making, was that by agreeing to the trade being discussed in this thread is that it WILL be a move to play Bron HEAVY minutes at the 4.

That would be a dream, but where are you getting this info from?

Your still not getting it, the reason they want to play Bron at the 4 is because they lack the bigs to fill the role Bron can fill. Scrambling defensively without being a sag threat.

If they get a big who can fill that role, then Brons minutes at the 4 will in fact decrease, not increase the way you asserted.

Yeah, I didn't make it very clear originally, sorry about that.

Here is where I got it from:

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/10119/the-overnight-latest-on-stephen-jackson','120'

As you said and getting Turiaf in the deal would be great. He is better defensively than Z and Shaq and is a high energy athletic guy who can hit the mid range jumper. It also makes sense financially...

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yznkq2a

Throw in a pick and cash as an incentive and I think that is a relatively good deal for both side. Golden State get $12 million of their books at the end of the season and it frees up more PT for Randolph and the Cavs get some pieces that could help put them over the top.

bleedprple&gold
10-29-2009, 04:24 PM
Lol at Denver not doign the trade because their $7.4 million trade exception doesn't match his $7.65 million salary. Why would they not be willing to throw in another player? I mean, are you really going to miss Johan Petro or Malik Allen that much?

On a side note, I am glad they're not doing this trade, because with SJax on their team, Denver would be damn scary.

sofargone
10-29-2009, 04:31 PM
:eyebrow:

charlotte needs scoring (they dropped 59 last night) and Jackson needs out. What other team would be desperate enough?

Chronz
10-29-2009, 04:34 PM
Lol at Denver not doign the trade because their $7.4 million trade exception doesn't match his $7.65 million salary. Why would they not be willing to throw in another player? I mean, are you really going to miss Johan Petro or Malik Allen that much?

On a side note, I am glad they're not doing this trade, because with SJax on their team, Denver would be damn scary.

You cant pair an existing contract with that exemption

jsumadchat
10-29-2009, 04:41 PM
i think bron should only be at the 4 as a situational matchup plan for the opposition. if he gets consistent playing time at the 4, he has a GREAT chance at being exposed defensively.... he got burned by bargnani last night numerous times.

Chronz
10-29-2009, 04:54 PM
By numerous times you mean 1 play? It was a good move, but Bron would still do a better job than anyone else they had on him, outside of AV.

bleedprple&gold
10-29-2009, 05:12 PM
You cant pair an existing contract with that exemption

Oh, I stand corrected...throw in some cash?

Saltinuts40
10-29-2009, 05:18 PM

for who?

lijuap18
10-29-2009, 05:19 PM
a very possible deal!
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

lijuap18
10-29-2009, 05:20 PM
sorry...
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yztobrm

Saltinuts40
10-29-2009, 05:21 PM

Because you can't include anyone else in a trade for an exemption

last stand
10-29-2009, 05:21 PM
LMAO even with stephen jackson they aren't better than boston

Boston is loaded from top to bottom. cleveland is loaded from top to maybe their 3rd guy

Boston would still beat cleveland in 5 especially with pierce wearing out lebron and KG and sheed wearing out shaq

Saltinuts40
10-29-2009, 05:23 PM
sorry...

I would take Tayshawn and an expiring contract in a heartbeat to give up Jack and Speedy. However, why would Phoenix move Amare and only get Rip in return?

last stand
10-29-2009, 05:29 PM
all this could have been solved had the cavs built around a 18 year old player with young players

i never understood the whole put 30+ year olds around lebron. they should have been clearing cap from day 1, drafting in the lottery, building around LBJ with young upcoming talent.

getting stephen jackson only puts another 30 something next to him. lebrons going to be 30 playing with scrubs because all his other teammates will have retired off and it will just be him and mo williams winning 45 games a year

last time i checked MJ had a nice young team around him with selected vets sprinkled throughout. kobe has had a young team built around him for lasting contention, dwayne is having cap reduced and young players put around him

lebron has a retirement home

makes no sense

LA_Raiders
10-29-2009, 05:29 PM

Agree.

Saltinuts40
10-29-2009, 05:34 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yk3bhlr

Warriors get Tayshawn Prince and spare parts

Suns get Jack and Rip

Pistons get J-Rich

Young2Kinsler
10-29-2009, 05:37 PM
Dallas makes sense. We desperately need some one who can knock it down from the peremiter from the 2guard spot.

Lo Porto
10-29-2009, 05:46 PM
Why not do this:

Golden State gets AK47
Cleveland gets Jax and Fesenko
Utah gets Big Z and Speedy Claxton

GS gets rid of Jax and get a much needed SF/PF. Cavs get Jax and a backup C. Utah gets some cap relief and Big Z.

NYtilIdie
10-29-2009, 06:21 PM
With the way things are going right now for CLE they need to jump on this trade immediately.

Move Parker to the bench and have him the 6th man that would strengthen their bench more.

bkmikeyy
10-29-2009, 06:29 PM
stephen jackson = very poor man's lebron
cavs should get him now to replace lebron after he leaves this summer

TheKing23
10-29-2009, 06:33 PM
sorry...

You must be a Pistons fan... :facepalm:

shep33
10-29-2009, 06:33 PM
I'm probably gonna piss off a lot of spurs fans, but the Jax for Ginobili wouldn't be that bad. I still think Manu is the better player, however, they gotta be worried about his injuries. Jax is pretty decent all around, last two seasons he's averaged 20ppg.. and last year he had 5 boards and 6.5 assists. Plus he's a year younger than Manu. Cleveland can't afford to trade Z, just in case Shaq goes down. I guess the Clips would have to give up Al thornton or Camby and another player, but i doubt that happens. Honestly the Spurs deal looks to be the most viable if you really think about it.

shep33
10-29-2009, 06:36 PM

Suns get Jack and Rip

Pistons get J-Rich

That would be sweet for Gstate and the Suns... haha but possibly the worst trade for the Pistons. They're basically giving up Rip, and Prince for J-rich.

TheKing23
10-29-2009, 06:43 PM
As it stands this is the trade that has the most chance of happening...

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yzr9kur

Throw in a 2nd rounder or Jawad Williams from Cleveland and I think that's a respectable deal.

PG: Mo Williams/Delonte West
SG: Stephen Jackson/Anthony Parker/Daniel Gibson
SF: LeBron James/Jamario Moon
PF: Anderson Varejao//Leon Powe/JJ Hickson
C: Shaquille O'Neal/Ronny Turiaf

That right there is one of the best 12 man rotations in the NBA. Turiaf could play a bit of PF with Shaq at C. He can guard PF's that can play the outside game (Garnett, Bosh, Stoudemire, Nowitzki, Gasol) and LeBron could move up to PF (with Jackson moving to SF) and guard Rashard Lewis when playing the Magic.

JordansBulls
10-29-2009, 11:48 PM
As it stands this is the trade that has the most chance of happening...

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yzr9kur

Throw in a 2nd rounder or Jawad Williams from Cleveland and I think that's a respectable deal.

PG: Mo Williams/Delonte West
SG: Stephen Jackson/Anthony Parker/Daniel Gibson
SF: LeBron James/Jamario Moon
PF: Anderson Varejao//Leon Powe/JJ Hickson
C: Shaquille O'Neal/Ronny Turiaf

That right there is one of the best 12 man rotations in the NBA. Turiaf could play a bit of PF with Shaq at C. He can guard PF's that can play the outside game (Garnett, Bosh, Stoudemire, Nowitzki, Gasol) and LeBron could move up to PF (with Jackson moving to SF) and guard Rashard Lewis when playing the Magic.

Not bad. Hope it hapens.

aNYer
10-29-2009, 11:58 PM
Z is one of the best options for them, he's an $11 million expiring contract and that would be like killing two birds with one stone for GS... They get rid of a big contract and distracting locker room presence and shed Z's $11 million off their paybooks at the end of the year.

The cavs don't have cap room next season anyways. If the cap stays high enough then maybe a couple of mil but not enough for anyone of any significance. I agree, and could see this deal happening, but Z wouldn't get much burn and Shaq would not have a back up and I expect him to miss some time like each of the last 4 or 5 seasons? maybe more?

robbnen#31
10-30-2009, 12:14 AM
Coming from a warriors fan, there is absolutely no way the warriors give up Turiaf. He is one of the leaders on the team, and is one of the only veterans who sees minutes. At somebody who said Jackson for Big Z is the warriors asking for too much, really?

20.7 ppg 5.1 rpg 6.5 apg

I'm sure you're going to say, he is such a distraction, can't control himself - gets technicals, or he was on the god awful warriors of course he's going to be good. He didn't just put up those numbers because of the warriors terrible record last year, they simply just didn't play defense and lost games. When he's in a good situation - ie with Baron Davis, he is an emotional leader on the court. Right now he's acting like a child, but it is what it is.

I would like to see the Warriors get something useful in return, but at this point I don't see it happening. Personally I would like to see the warriors get manu or Tashaun but it is very unlikely. If it was a swap of Jackson for Big Z then I would rather just see the warriors release Big Z, he won't work in the warriors system. Plus the main thing is opening up minutes for Azubuike and Morrow who will shine if given the opportunity.

IndiansFan337
10-30-2009, 12:25 AM

They need some scoring badly. And his defensive abilities would certainly be welcomed by Larry Brown.

Chronz
10-30-2009, 01:08 AM
At somebody who said Jackson for Big Z is the warriors asking for too much, really?

20.7 ppg 5.1 rpg 6.5 apg
Yes thank you for proving my point, sadly because thats the extent of your statistical analysis, its why you dont know his worth and think Im the crazy one. Its not your fault, youve been brainwashed by the mainstreamers but just know those are really hollow 20-6-5, nobody in the league respects those #'s on the surface as a representation of his worth. NONE

I'm sure you're going to say, he is such a distraction, can't control himself - gets technicals, or he was on the god awful warriors of course he's going to be good. He didn't just put up those numbers because of the warriors terrible record last year, they simply just didn't play defense and lost games. When he's in a good situation - ie with Baron Davis, he is an emotional leader on the court. Right now he's acting like a child, but it is what it is.

His awful attitude is actually a secondary argument for me, my primary argument is that his rate of production is very pedestrian, Ariza helps his team more than that bum. You just may not be able to see it because your obsessed with flawed per game averages. Your team lost because they were horrible on both ends (dont let the pace of the game fool you)

I would like to see the Warriors get something useful in return, but at this point I don't see it happening. Personally I would like to see the warriors get manu or Tashaun but it is very unlikely. If it was a swap of Jackson for Big Z then I would rather just see the warriors release Big Z, he won't work in the warriors system. Plus the main thing is opening up minutes for Azubuike and Morrow who will shine if given the opportunity.

If the Cavs could get Big Z back in an under the table deal they would do it, but a straight up swap would reek of desperation

zambo4president
10-30-2009, 01:46 AM
I would still want him on the Bulls. But we don't need him.

Jahari Kavi
10-30-2009, 01:58 AM
if captain jack goes to the cavs or nuggets...then look out.....

Unec
10-30-2009, 02:16 AM
I say he goes to NEW ORLEANS AND PLAYS THE 2 GUARD!! And i still think Denver will find a way, spurs wont go after him though, he dont fit in with them. I dont think the clippers will either.

caseyv415
10-30-2009, 02:33 AM

Suns get Jack and Rip

Pistons get J-Rich

That'd be nice and all but Prince is hurt so... not sure if that'd happen