PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Miller: Lakers 20-1

PHX2daDEATH
10-28-2009, 05:10 AM
I loved Reggie Miller as a player.. Next to Michael Jordan and Charles Barkley, Reggie was my favorite player to watch in the early 90's.. But I cannot for the life of me listen to his commentary.. He's a Laker fan obviously.. and everytime he's announcing a Laker game he blantantly disrespects the opposing team.. (SUNS Fans know what I'm talking about). Now Reggie comes out and says he'll be suprised if the Lakers do not start the season
20-1.. I mean really, Reggie??? The Lakers looked mediocre tonight without Gasol.. They looked like they look before they got Gasol, a simple playoff contender, not a team that everyone on ESPN and TNT was already crowning the 2010 Champs before they even played a game this season. Granted the league gave the champs a soft schedule.. 17 out of the first 21 at home ( has that ever happened in the history of the league???????) and the four road games are against OKC, Houston, Denver and Golden St. I don't know Gasol's injury status but if he misses the first two weeks of the season, I can guarantee that Denver, Phoenix and Atlanta will tally some W's against the Champs, and i'll go out on a limb and say the Thunder and Hornets have a chance to beat the Lakers if Gasol isn't ready..

-Kobe24-TJ19-
10-28-2009, 05:19 AM
I loved Reggie Miller as a player.. Next to Michael Jordan and Charles Barkley, Reggie was my favorite player to watch in the early 90's.. But I cannot for the life of me listen to his commentary.. He's a Laker fan obviously.. and everytime he's announcing a Laker game he blantantly disrespects the opposing team.. (SUNS Fans know what I'm talking about). Now Reggie comes out and says he'll be suprised if the Lakers do not start the season
20-1.. I mean really, Reggie??? The Lakers looked mediocre tonight without Gasol.. They looked like they look before they got Gasol, a simple playoff contender, not a team that everyone on ESPN and TNT was already crowning the 2010 Champs before they even played a game this season. Granted the league gave the champs a soft schedule.. 17 out of the first 21 at home ( has that ever happened in the history of the league???????) and the four road games are against OKC, Houston, Denver and Golden St. I don't know Gasol's injury status but if he misses the first two weeks of the season, I can guarantee that Denver, Phoenix and Atlanta will tally some W's against the Champs, and i'll go out on a limb and say the Thunder and Hornets have a chance to beat the Lakers if Gasol isn't ready..

Your just a typical hater lol

thapharcyd
10-28-2009, 05:28 AM
Your just a typical hater lol

And you're just a typical fan boy.... I kid I kid... Lol had to say it, but actually 20-1 is possible because 17 out of their 1st 21 are at home.

xxxplicit69
10-28-2009, 06:23 AM

i agree with miller i think lakers can go 20-1 especially if gasol comes back soon. now if he's out for a good portion of those games, then i would agree with you in that they wont go 20-1, but the lakers do have a favorable schedule 20-1 isnt far out of reach.

Tribe
10-28-2009, 06:55 AM
who cares...reggie miller is a crack baby

thephoenixson28
10-28-2009, 06:58 AM
I always like miller as a player but never as a analyst. He sucks on commenting on the games he should be fired. He makes the game boring.

thapharcyd
10-28-2009, 07:39 AM
I always like miller as a player but never as a analyst. He sucks on commenting on the games he should be fired. He makes the game boring.

I agree... He annoys the crap out of me

domz248
10-28-2009, 08:15 AM

lololol don't hate .... lakers 2009 champs looking to repeat

Ace33Bone
10-28-2009, 08:26 AM
Reggie was one of my all time favorites as well as a player I do not think he is a particularly good analyst... but I have heard worse ie Chris Webber... and i do not think his prediction is that unlikely... I hope he is wrong I mean not being a Laker fan I would not want to see them start off the year that strong but it is definitely possible that his prediction could be correct

#1Mavericksfan
10-28-2009, 08:42 AM
I wouldn't be suprised if the Lakers went 20-1 with all thoes home games Stern gave his boys/Lakers in the first 2 months of the season....I wouldn't be suprised at all.

tr4shb0t
10-28-2009, 08:53 AM
I wouldn't be suprised if the Lakers went 20-1 with all thoes home games Stern gave his boys/Lakers in the first 2 months of the season....I wouldn't be suprised at all.

Lakers overall schedule isn't that favorable... They have a lot of long road trips where players are going to get fatigued/sick. A more balanced schedule is much better. Maybe Stern overlooked that...:facepalm:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
10-28-2009, 08:55 AM

:confused::facepalm::confused: