PDA

View Full Version : Are the Celtics in trouble?

D Roses Bulls
10-27-2009, 07:02 PM
Think about it for a second. Glen Davis breaks his finger and is expected to be out 6-8 weeks and thats not including the suspension he probably will get. Rajon Rondo might be a distraction this year with the contract talks. Then we come to the big one and that is Kevin Garnetts knees. It seems as the Celtics are kind of lying about the whole situation with his knees and if his knees give out the Celtics have no hope. It looks at this moment the celtics could not have home court advantage. even big boston supporter, Bill Simmons, on PTI switched Boston with Orlando in the NBA finals. Do you think they could be in trouble, and this is intended for all NBA fans, not just Boston fans and thats why its not in the Celtcis forum.

D Roses Bulls
10-27-2009, 07:05 PM
i say as of right now they are in toruble just for the fact of front court depth cause of davis and with the potential of garnetts legs.

bigsams50
10-27-2009, 07:06 PM
They arnt in trouble, i mean today is the first game of the season. Baby will be back, and i doubt rondo will be a distraction because he is gonna wanna play well so he can get more money. And Its 2 early to tell with KG's Knee.

SteveNash
10-27-2009, 07:08 PM
Glen Davis wasn't even a factor when they started out 25-2 last year. Now that they have Rasheed, I doubt he'll be missed much. Rondo still has to play for a contract, he may be unhappy, but if he wants to get paid he'll have to work harder since he probably won't get the weak matchups that raised his stock during the playoffs. I'd be more concerned about players who get their huge contract and are satisfied. And KG looked good enough in the preseason.

D Roses Bulls
10-27-2009, 07:08 PM
They arnt in trouble, i mean today is the first game of the season. Baby will be back, and i doubt rondo will be a distraction because he is gonna wanna play well so he can get more money. And Its 2 early to tell with KG's Knee.

thats the big one to me. but when i was watching PTI today and listen to bill simmons talk about them and by the way i think he is a dope, but he looks worried. he even admitted he thinks the celtics are lying about his knees. there was something that made him switch his final predictions. he kept saying it was cause of the magics performance last friday, but i dont know

bigsams50
10-27-2009, 07:10 PM
I guess its kinda like one of those wait and see things. But i think if they rest him enough during the regular season, he SHOULD be good to go at the playoffs. But knees could be a tricky thing

Stunner
10-27-2009, 07:11 PM
Yes they are in trouble cuz dey are facing Da Bulls on Friday!

TheKing23
10-27-2009, 07:14 PM
As of now, no... But I voted yes, because of the vulnerability of their roster.

D Roses Bulls
10-27-2009, 07:18 PM
Yes they are in trouble cuz dey are facing Da Bulls on Friday!

lol...... damn right

Wilson
10-27-2009, 07:21 PM
As long as the Rondo situation stays under control, they'll be fine. They'll be fine with a front-court rotation of Perk/KG/Sheed until Glen Davis gets back.

D Roses Bulls
10-27-2009, 07:23 PM
As long as the Rondo situation stays under control, they'll be fine. They'll be fine with a front-court rotation of Perk/KG/Sheed until Glen Davis gets back.

thats the biggest factor behind garnett. all that comes into my mind when it comes to contract disputes is ben gordon and luol deng a couple years ago. because of the contract situations and the bulls werent offering them the money they wanted it affected their play, and they even admitted it and the bulls went from a team that was suppose to make the finals to a lottery team. so dont over look the rondo situation

Wilson
10-27-2009, 07:26 PM
thats the biggest factor behind garnett. all that comes into my mind when it comes to contract disputes is ben gordon and luol deng a couple years ago. because of the contract situations and the bulls werent offering them the money they wanted it affected their play, and they even admitted it and the bulls went from a team that was suppose to make the finals to a lottery team. so dont over look the rondo situation

It's that the Celtics were trying to trade Rondo as well. Stuff like that affects a guy's play, whether he just fades away or tries to do too much - either way it hurts the team.

bigsams50
10-27-2009, 07:26 PM

But that bulls team didnt have KG Pierce Allen and Sheed on it.

chicago lulz
10-27-2009, 07:30 PM
Meh shouldn't be a big deal. As someone said, we'll just have to wait and see. Speculation is only going to turn into negative comments and people getting offended at some point. It always does.

D Roses Bulls
10-27-2009, 07:30 PM
But that bulls team didnt have KG Pierce Allen and Sheed on it.

true, but they had deng who at the time a lot of people thought he was then ext coming of grant hill cause of what he did in the playoffs a year before. gordon who was averaging 20 a game. hinrich who was a rising pg at the time. ben wallace coming to the bulls from the pistons even though that didnt work out. and a bunch of other players. remember that season everyone picked as the favorites in the east. i know it was off of potential and they didnt have the veteran leadership like the celtics, but still the contracts affected that team.

D Roses Bulls
10-27-2009, 07:31 PM
Meh shouldn't be a big deal. As someone said, we'll just have to wait and see. Speculation is only going to turn into negative comments and people getting offended at some point. It always does.

if it does then people then need to grow up.

koberulesall
10-27-2009, 07:32 PM
they are in trouble if they play the lakers in the finals

D Roses Bulls
10-27-2009, 07:32 PM
they are in trouble if they play the lakers in the finals

or the spurs :)

JUST KIDDING

Bruno
10-27-2009, 08:47 PM
I'm watching them right now, they seem to be alright. If they are healthy and have their legs for playoffs, they are lookin' damn good.

D Roses Bulls
10-27-2009, 08:50 PM
yeah they are looking pretty good, but then again the cavs blow leads with the best of them

dtmagnet
10-27-2009, 08:58 PM
Watching them play the Cavs right now they're looking pretty good.

op12
10-27-2009, 09:00 PM
it will be fine. doc already said he is going to rest the big 3 more. sheed will help limit kgs minutes and daniels is a big upgrade off the bench. he will fill in well for ray and pierce. sheldon has even looked good tonight in limited minutes. i have a feeling he may suprise people this year and provide solid minutes. when baby does come back that just means more depth and more rest for kg. so no they are not in trouble at all but the rest of the league can continue to hope.

mikantsass
10-27-2009, 09:02 PM
Think about it for a second. Glen Davis breaks his finger and is expected to be out 6-8 weeks and thats not including the suspension he probably will get. Rajon Rondo might be a distraction this year with the contract talks. Then we come to the big one and that is Kevin Garnetts knees. It seems as the Celtics are kind of lying about the whole situation with his knees and if his knees give out the Celtics have no hope. It looks at this moment the celtics could not have home court advantage. even big boston supporter, Bill Simmons, on PTI switched Boston with Orlando in the NBA finals. Do you think they could be in trouble, and this is intended for all NBA fans, not just Boston fans and thats why its not in the Celtcis forum.

You can only hope all of this hypothetical pathetic insight means they are in trouble because the reality is that the C's are going to run through the east and your Bulls aint making the playoffs.

So to answer your question, No.

D Roses Bulls
10-27-2009, 09:04 PM
You can only hope all of this hypothetical pathetic insight means they are in trouble because the reality is that the C's are going to run through the east and your Bulls aint making the playoffs.

So to answer your question, No.

wow..... just had to have a reason to bring up the bulls huh? the bulls are making the playoffs and the magic will win the east. your just lucky your playing a team who is renowned for blowing big leads

broncofangene
10-27-2009, 09:21 PM
The problem is there too old, I think Boston will start out strong, but die off before the playoffs. Worry about their age KG, Allen, Sheed even Pierce is getting up there.

chicago lulz
10-27-2009, 09:55 PM
if it does then people then need to grow up.

It's PSD. Do you expect civil debate from this forum, because it's very rare. Especially on the NBA forum.

D Roses Bulls
10-27-2009, 10:01 PM
It's PSD. Do you expect civil debate from this forum, because it's very rare. Especially on the NBA forum.

its cause of the age differences and lack of knowledge by some people. pretty sad if you ask me

BTownTeamsRKing
10-27-2009, 11:19 PM
wat a thread. if the Celtics are in trouble, the cavs might as well quit

sofargone
10-27-2009, 11:43 PM
no they won tonight. cleveland is in more trouble

abe_froman
10-28-2009, 12:14 AM
naw,they're really deep.so the davis thing and if kg went down down(if its not for extended period,nor playoffs)they'll be fine

as for rondo? i doubt that becomes a distraction.hell they brought in sheed,so dont think they are all worried about players that are distractions

69centers
10-28-2009, 12:31 AM
yeah they are looking pretty good, but then again the cavs blow leads with the best of them

I know, because they lost so many of them leads last year at home. In fact, they were only tied for 2nd all time with fewest home losses. Two, all year. That's it. All I've ever see from you are posts bashing the Celtics, and this thread you started is no different.

Toenail Clipper
10-28-2009, 01:33 AM
Rondo for 20 mil a season because he's a superstar.

Ace33Bone
10-28-2009, 08:41 AM
The Celtics will be fine they are a team that prides themselves on playing team basketball unlike other teams where it is a bunch of individuals out for themselve posing to be a team... So if they lose one of their key players they will still be ok as long as it is not PP... now if they lose one of the big 3 then they will still be a good team... but i cannot see them advancing into the playoffs past teams like the Cavs, MAgic or even the Wizards if one of the big three goes down

swagga81
10-28-2009, 10:01 AM
Think about it for a second. Glen Davis breaks his finger and is expected to be out 6-8 weeks and thats not including the suspension he probably will get. Rajon Rondo might be a distraction this year with the contract talks. Then we come to the big one and that is Kevin Garnetts knees. It seems as the Celtics are kind of lying about the whole situation with his knees and if his knees give out the Celtics have no hope. It looks at this moment the celtics could not have home court advantage. even big boston supporter, Bill Simmons, on PTI switched Boston with Orlando in the NBA finals. Do you think they could be in trouble, and this is intended for all NBA fans, not just Boston fans and thats why its not in the Celtcis forum.:facepalm:

JayW_1023
10-28-2009, 10:05 AM
As long as they prioritize health over regular season record they'll be fine.

DaPrimeTime21
10-28-2009, 10:15 AM
yeah we are totally screwed:rolleyes:

ZHawk1123
10-28-2009, 10:27 AM
Celtics are fine... One of, if not the deepest team in the league this season... Minutes will be spread out... Sheed will take a big load off Perk and KG.

Rondo will be fine... He needs to play well to garner the big contract he wants, duh.

This guy is just a Celtics hater... Last night he said something like... "Looks like Rondo is picking up where he left off in the ECF last year... A non factor"

:confused:

bigsams50
10-28-2009, 10:45 AM
As long as they prioritize health over regular season record they'll be fine.

Exactly

TragicallyHip
10-28-2009, 11:21 AM
i say as of right now they are in toruble just for the fact of front court depth cause of davis and with the potential of garnetts legs.

Glen Davis is the 9th man and is a replaceable cog.

To quote Tommy Heinsohn, "Big Baby is 2 cheeseburgers away from being out of the league."

m26555
10-28-2009, 11:29 AM
This is a hilarious thread. 6-8 weeks is nothing.

ZHawk1123
10-28-2009, 11:30 AM
This is a hilarious thread. 6-8 weeks is nothing.

Yeah... The OP is a tool.

bostncelts34
10-28-2009, 11:35 AM
I think this is a joke..not just because i am a boston fan, but an NBA fan.

1. Rondo's cotnract talks will end by Oct 31st i beleive, thats when the extension needs to be agreed upon by. Even if im wrong, the contract will not affect him. He will NOT be the guy we all saw during the chicago series, especially with adding Rasheed and Daniels who wil get more touches and apparently daniels will use some of Rondos minutes. Not to mention KG back and healthy..which brings me to my 2nd point.

2. Everyone keeps doubting KG's health. Is he back to 100%? i dont think so. But he has shown nothing to make people think he is gonna re-injure his knee.

3. Yes, Glen Davis is an idiot. But its only 6-8 weeks. We have plenty of depth to suffice for 6-8 weeks. Kg,Perk,Sheed,Scal,Williams ( who impressed me las night).

4. WHy would the celtics be in trouble..with all the things you said...they beat one of the best teams in the NBA on their court. The court they only lost on twice all last season. This celtics team is without a doubt better, and deeper than the 08' ship' team

5. Not to mention, Paul Pierce might be in the best shape of his career. He definitly lost some weight and can tell he has some pep to his step, as well as how amazing Sheed/KG together were last night, spreading the defense and pulling shaq out of the paint, leaving KG open...or using the pick and roll with Sheed. Unstoppable.

A team that is 1-0 is in HUGE trouble.

ManRam
10-28-2009, 11:36 AM
I don't think they are in any trouble at all. Their bench looks great, even without Big Baby. Until KG gets injured, he's not a problem. I don't think it's a guarantee that he gets hurt again. He says he is playing with zero limitations. Rondo wont be a distraction. The team is full of too many veterans, and if anything, it will inspire him to play even better.

I think they showed it last night...they are a force to be reckoned with.

zachattach
10-28-2009, 11:57 AM
They are the team to beat in the East. They're depth on the front court is great with the addiction of Rasheed makes them a lot more versatile.

PS.. Im a Lakers fan