PDA

View Full Version : My Fantasy Team

Cubs Win
10-27-2009, 06:50 PM
Hey guys what advice can you give me on my team? What do you think of it? I've only done fantasy basketball once before and it was either an 8 or 10 man league. This year I'm in a 14 man league, standard categories. Here's my team:

PG: Russell Westbrook
SG: OJ Mayo
G: Richard Hamilton
SF: Kevin Durant
PF: Josh Smith
F: Anthony Randolph
C: Brook Lopez
C: Spencer Hawes
Util: Aaron Brooks
Util: Rudy Fernandez
BE: Anderson Varejao
BE: Danilo Gallinari
BE: Terrence Williams

Yes, I have a young team. :D Anyways give me your feedback and I'll give you my rationale for why I picked them and we can discuss it. Thanks for the help guys!

DQL
10-27-2009, 10:13 PM
pretty solid team though I'm not high on Gallinari and Fernandez. I think you will have to drop them eventually

btw great to see another believer in young guys :up: I don't like vets and always look to pick young players. Here is an example of my drafts

Heat forum's 12-team league

PG- Derrick Rose (Chi - PG)
SG- O.J. Mayo (Mem - SG)
G- Russell Westbrook (OKC - PG)
SF- Michael Beasley (Mia - SF,PF)
PF- Anthony Randolph (GS - PF)
F- Blake Griffin (LAC - SF,PF)
C- Andrew Bynum (LAL - C)
C- Kevin Love (Min - PF,C)
Util- Chris Douglas-Roberts (NJ - PG,SG)
Util- DeJuan Blair (SA - SF,PF)
BN- Joakim Noah (Chi - PF,C
BN- Jeff Green (OKC - SF,PF)
BN- Carmelo Anthony (Den - SF)
BN- Kevin Martin (Sac - SG)
BN- Udonis Haslem (Mia - PF,C)

Trying to dump Kmart, Melo and Haslem for younger ones :D

Cubs Win
10-28-2009, 12:08 PM
Yeah, I like the young guys, but usually I just pick the guy who I think fits what I still need at that point in the draft and this draft they happened to be mostly young players. I was actually very surprised because Durant slipped to me at #8! As for Fernandez and Gallinari, I figured Fernandez could help me out at multiple positions a little no matter what and possibly be real effective if he gets 25-30 min a game down the road. I took Gallinari because D'Antoni is the coach so they like to run. I figured he should put up good enough numbers if he stays healthy to be a solid fill-in guy off the bench in a 14 man league. Thanks for your input! Anyone else got any ideas for my team?

kEviN21
10-28-2009, 03:40 PM
Good team. I would try trading Westbrook even though he's supposed to have a good year just because I'm not too fond of having two of my best players on the same team. (because of scheduling)

Cubs Win
10-28-2009, 05:52 PM
Good team. I would try trading Westbrook even though he's supposed to have a good year just because I'm not too fond of having two of my best players on the same team. (because of scheduling)

Yeah, I think Jeff Green could have a good year too, at least off the bench for me or utility but I definitely didnt want three guys for sure because of that idea. I'll probably see what Westbrook could net me but otherwise I'll hope he has the year some think he will. Thanks for the advice.