View Full Version : Opening Night's Games Thread

mikantsass
10-27-2009, 05:19 PM
Tonights games:

Boston @ Cleveland

Washington @ Dallas

Houston @ Portland

LA Clippers @ LA Lakers

Who wins? Who plays well? Who plays bad?

I like Cavs, Wiz, Blazers, and Lakers all to walk away with wins. Dirk and Roy both have monster games. Baron plays awful like last year, and Gilbert proves injuries are no longer a factor.

Its good to have some NBA back in action....

Mavrix
10-27-2009, 07:39 PM
Boston @ Cleveland - Cleveland by 5

Washington @ Dallas - Dallas by 12

Houston @ Portland - Portland by 6

LA Clippers @ LA Lakers - LA by 15

Niro
10-27-2009, 07:40 PM
what a start in the season for cleveland

JordansBulls
10-27-2009, 11:42 PM
Wow can't believe Washington won in Dallas.

Wiz kids
10-27-2009, 11:50 PM
:dance: Gilbert's back and the Wizards proved they have depth.

Ebbs
10-27-2009, 11:50 PM
Tonights games:

Boston @ Cleveland

Washington @ Dallas

Houston @ Portland

LA Clippers @ LA Lakers

I like Cavs, Wiz, Blazers, and Lakers all to walk away with wins. Dirk and Roy both have monster games. Baron plays awful like last year, and Gilbert proves injuries are no longer a factor.

Good calls!

ChiSox219
10-28-2009, 12:17 AM
Good calls!

Blazers 1-0
Mavs 0-1

LayZbone
10-28-2009, 12:32 AM
Good things from my main man, Gilberto.

69centers
10-28-2009, 12:37 AM
Tonights games:

Boston @ Cleveland

Washington @ Dallas

Houston @ Portland

LA Clippers @ LA Lakers

Great way to back your team and nothing like putting your foot in your mouth.

JordansBulls
10-28-2009, 12:54 AM
Blazers 1-0
Mavs 0-1

I'm surprised the Mavs lost at home to the Wizards.

Becks2307
10-28-2009, 08:58 AM
Gilbert looked damn good vs the Mavs, I'm surprised no one else has talked about it.

mikantsass
10-28-2009, 10:05 AM
Great way to back your team and nothing like putting your foot in your mouth.

Well the C's havent won in Cleveland since 2004. The home team has won every matchup over the last 3 years. And I thought the Cavs would show up to play, but apparently LeBron was the only one who wanted the W. I'm glad to say I was wrong on that call.

JayW_1023
10-28-2009, 10:30 AM
Cleveland may have actually overachieved last season.

mikantsass
10-28-2009, 10:33 AM
Gilbert looked damn good vs the Mavs, I'm surprised no one else has talked about it.

Agreed. Agent Zero is back and looked great last night. Although it isnt hard to beast on Jason Kidd these days.

Could he lead the Wiz to a #3 spot in the East? I definately think it is possible, especially when Jamison comes back from injury.

king9er
10-28-2009, 11:33 AM
The wiz fans jumped ship last year. Whenever I go into the forum it's me and like 3 other people. It's only a matter of time before they want to get back on the gravy train. Wiz finish 56 wins 4th in the east

Scalphunter13
10-28-2009, 11:46 AM
Cleveland looked like they did last year, no bench, mo williams afraid to step up in a big game, unable to guard the 3, the cavs players just watch the lebron show. Cleveland is going to need more help if they want to compete with Boston, Orlando, LA and SA. I might just be one game, so I could be wrong but they looked like they did in the ECF last year.

Chronz
10-28-2009, 12:18 PM
Cleveland may have actually overachieved last season.

When you first saw the Cavs roster did you instantly think 66 wins and first seed in the league? There has never been a 66 win team more reliant on 1 player than the Cavs were on Bron this past year, like I was saying then, it was a magical year and one that wont get its due because of the way it ended. But there literally nothing any other man could have done to prevent that, not Larry Bird (like we were saying then), not Kobe, not even MJ. But that man proved his worth, and carried them far beyond what was to be expected.

They werent going to win 66 again, but I expect 58+, they better play alot better than last night to get there though.

Big picture though, Brons shot looks great, the league should be terrified.

Ace33Bone
10-28-2009, 02:45 PM
LeBron may have put up the best stats last night which comes to no surprise of mine... but the Wizards looking as good as they looked against a very talented Mavs team was the highlight of last nights games

MTar786
10-28-2009, 02:49 PM
i also had the wiz winning and agent zero playing great as my prediction.
thought the cavs would win. lebron played GREAT.. but i expected him to try and get shaq invloved as hard as he could to get his confidence up for the season. he didnt look for shaq that much and when all the players werent playing well they should have played inside out. into shaq and out to an open 3 man. Im sure their chemistry will get better soon. Lebron is only 24.. he'll learn how to get shaq better involved.

i thought the lakers would have a tough time. on ring night the defending champs usually play terrible. Odom and bynum played great. artest had his moments. his d was pretty good. Kobe had an under average game. his D was really good in the second half imo. but he took too many shots and i think he deserved a few more free throws. he wasnt getting ANY calls. oh n the laker bench Was painful to watch. mbenga thinks he's jump shooter of the year, and every other bench player sucked. sasha should have seen more PT imo too.