PDA

View Full Version : The Absolutely Ballin' Lakers Championship Rings

clutchski
10-27-2009, 01:33 PM
I normally wouldn't be one that would post Lakers stuff in the NBA forum, but I thought it was great reading about these Championship rings the Lakers players are receiving. They're definitely Beverly Hills style quality - I figured people might want to check it out.

Note: I'm a raps fan, not a lakers fan!

Home court advantage -- The Lakers' rings mirror the shape of the exterior of their home arena, the Staples Center. When viewed from the side, you can see the "roof" and "sides" of the Lakers' home court.

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/10/27/lakers.rings/

Toenail Clipper
10-27-2009, 01:35 PM
Move this to the Lakers thread

DrDEADalready
10-27-2009, 01:40 PM
Cool? :confused:

Vidball
10-27-2009, 01:42 PM
Move this to the Lakers thread

Just enjoy it Toenail Clipper...it effects your team too--a banner is going up in the arena the Clips play in tonight!! :)

ChiSox219
10-27-2009, 01:43 PM
Tacky

clutchski
10-27-2009, 01:45 PM
I don't see why people should take it personally, I think they're sick. I don't know what you're confused about DrDead.

Raidaz4Life
10-27-2009, 01:49 PM
pretty damn pimp!

YankeeFan28
10-27-2009, 01:52 PM
that's an awesome ring

bigsams50
10-27-2009, 01:59 PM
Its ok, a little to much Bling for me

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-27-2009, 02:05 PM
Those r nice.

JordansBulls
10-27-2009, 02:06 PM
Those rings are tight.

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/09/26/nbarpa/lakerring2350.jpg

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/09/26/nbarpa/lakerring1350.jpg

DrDEADalready
10-27-2009, 02:06 PM
I don't see why people should take it personally, I think they're sick. I don't know what you're confused about DrDead.

That you think they are cool when they are not. But yet you made this pointless thread that should have gone in the lakers section?

TheKing23
10-27-2009, 02:15 PM
They are some awesome rings... Not too sure about the player's face on the side though.

Fool
10-27-2009, 02:20 PM
That you think they are cool when they are not. But yet you made this pointless thread that should have gone in the lakers section?

just stop talking. the only reason you have negative things to say is because you hate the lakers. it gets REALLY old.

mikantsass
10-27-2009, 02:22 PM
I for one hate the Lakers but those are some nice Rings. It crazy to see championship rings these days, they are all sick. But again, nice rings and congrats to the Lakers for last years win.

KeithLBC
10-27-2009, 02:22 PM
just stop talking. the only reason you have negative things to say is because you hate the lakers. it gets REALLY old.

Agreed. Maybe this is the only time he'll get to see what a championship ring looks like being that he's a Jazz fan :shrug:

GREATNESS ONE
10-27-2009, 02:35 PM
Bling Bling !!!!

theimortalone
10-27-2009, 02:35 PM
Those are some nice rings.

macc
10-27-2009, 02:37 PM
Seriously, why does everything that happens with the Lakers come into the public forum. Will one of the mods move it to the Laker forum where it belongs. I mean it's one thing if somthing wild happens to one of the players and people want to talk about it but instead they got new "rings" wow. Everyone look at the Lakers new "rings". They are just so "bling" and "pretty". Don't miss out on viewing the Lakers new "rings"

Jetsguy
10-27-2009, 02:45 PM
I would have liked to see a little laker purple and yellow in them but her I guess they are ok if you like tons of diamonds:p

clutchski
10-27-2009, 02:47 PM
Seriously, why does everything that happens with the Lakers come into the public forum. Will one of the mods move it to the Laker forum where it belongs. I mean it's one thing if somthing wild happens to one of the players and people want to talk about it but instead they got new "rings" wow. Everyone look at the Lakers new "rings". They are just so "bling" and "pretty". Don't miss out on viewing the Lakers new "rings"

I don't think this one belongs in the Lakers forum. We're not talking about the Lakers roster here, and what Phil Jackson thinks about his rotation or something. These are the NBA Championship rings, that covers all of the NBA. And some people might just want to see how unreal they are, not just Laker fans. I'm not a Laker fan, I'm a Raps fan.

I think it's unnecessary to feel the need to click on the thread and post if you don't like it, just don't click on it in the first place.

What's that little cartoon image somewhere online?

"Are you coming to bed?"

"I can't. This is important."

"What?"

"Someone is WRONG on the internet"

-Kobe24-TJ19-
10-27-2009, 03:00 PM
:drool:

Wilson
10-27-2009, 03:01 PM
I for one hate the Lakers but those are some nice Rings. It crazy to see championship rings these days, they are all sick. But again, nice rings and congrats to the Lakers for last years win.

The rings are crazy :speechless:

The players face on the side looks a little weird, but they're still pretty out there.

I can't wait to see Ron Artest during the ring ceremony - this is going to make him want one that much more :D

DrDEADalready
10-27-2009, 03:09 PM

Sorry don't get you panties in a bunch. I'm just saying these are ugly *** rings. and this thread is pointless in a nba forum take it to the lakers forum where people actually care about this stupid crap.

chicago lulz
10-27-2009, 03:13 PM
I wish I could have my face imprinted on the side of a ring like that.

clutchski
10-27-2009, 03:17 PM
Sorry don't get you panties in a bunch. I'm just saying these are ugly *** rings. and this thread is pointless in a nba forum take it to the lakers forum where people actually care about this stupid crap.

wow you really don't sound like much of an nba fan.

Gibby23
10-27-2009, 03:17 PM

All this comes with winning a championship.:)

They did win the NBA Championship, and only 1 NBA team get's rings, so it should be in the NBA forum.

macc
10-27-2009, 03:44 PM
I don't think this one belongs in the Lakers forum. We're not talking about the Lakers roster here, and what Phil Jackson thinks about his rotation or something. These are the NBA Championship rings, that covers all of the NBA. And some people might just want to see how unreal they are, not just Laker fans. I'm not a Laker fan, I'm a Raps fan.

I think it's unnecessary to feel the need to click on the thread and post if you don't like it, just don't click on it in the first place.

What's that little cartoon image somewhere online?

"Are you coming to bed?"

"I can't. This is important."

"What?"

"Someone is WRONG on the internet"

Sorry I have to disagree, it's easy to say, if you don't like it don't click/post in it. That's like saying I hate pop ups on my browser but instead of doing anything about them I should just not click on them eventhough they're in my face everyday.

By sharing my feelings I hope Mods actually read them and do their job to move it to the appropriate forum instead of me getting on here everyday and seeing the NBA forum spammed with Laker news.

If you read all the posts you'll see I'm not the only one who feels this way. Savy

RaiderLakersA's
10-27-2009, 03:47 PM
I'm glad that we won the championship, but the rings I honestly could care less about as a fan. Just keep raising those banners and I'm a happy camper.

That said, I wish we could fly out Trevor Ariza for the ring ceremony. He was an integral part of our championship run. (When is our first game against Houston? Must check schedule...)

And I'm also looking forward to seeing the hunger on Artest's face when everyone else shows off their wares. If he didn't want a title before, he's going to go bazonkers wanting one now!

Repeat!!! Repeat!!! Repeat!!!

sp1derm00
10-27-2009, 03:48 PM
Anyone else think Kobe's face on the ring looks more like Tim Thomas?

macc
10-27-2009, 03:48 PM
All this comes with winning a championship.:)

They did win the NBA Championship, and only 1 NBA team get's rings, so it should be in the NBA forum.

Common sense man.

Do you think your avg Boston fan wants to see what the "Lakers" rings look like?

Do you think your avg Cleveland fan wants to see what the "Lakers" rings look like?

Do you think your avg Denver fan wants to see what the "Lakers" rings look like?

Do you think your avg(insert NBA Team here) fan wants to see what the "Lakers" rings look like?

Prob not right? You might have a casual fan that is curious, and if they care that much about the Lakers they can go right into their "own" forum and read up on them there. Savy

Now back on topic. If the NBA and coaches preach a team game, then why do they have a picture of Kobe on the side of the ring? I know hes their best player but doesn't that go against everything "team" since its the team that won the title, not just Kobe alone?

Wilson
10-27-2009, 03:54 PM
Now back on topic. If the NBA and coaches preach a team game, then why do they have a picture of Kobe on the side of the ring? I know hes their best player but doesn't that go against everything "team" since its the team that won the title, not just Kobe alone?

The picture shown is Kobe's ring...each player has a picture of himself on his championship ring...

RaiderLakersA's
10-27-2009, 03:56 PM

Too quick on the trigger there, sport. I know some ideas are worth shooting down on general principle, but before you reach for the gun, assess the situation first.

If you read the article, you'll see that the rings are personalized for each player's likeness. So Luke Walton's ring will have a laser engraving of Luke Walton's face, Derek Fisher's ring will have an engraving of Derek Fisher's face, etc., etc.

macc
10-27-2009, 03:58 PM
The picture shown is Kobe's ring...each player has a picture of himself on his championship ring...

Oh ok. Thanks, my bad.

Gibby23
10-27-2009, 03:58 PM
Common sense man.

Do you think your avg Boston fan wants to see what the "Lakers" rings look like?

Do you think your avg Cleveland fan wants to see what the "Lakers" rings look like?

Do you think your avg Denver fan wants to see what the "Lakers" rings look like?

Do you think your avg(insert NBA Team here) fan wants to see what the "Lakers" rings look like?

Prob not right? You might have a casual fan that is curious, and if they care that much about the Lakers they can go right into their "own" forum and read up on them there. Savy

Well, they are the NBA champion. TNT is starting 15 min early so they can show the players getting the ring. This is the NBA forum like I said, and the Lakers are tha NBA champs. If you don't like to read what is going on with other teams and players, you should stay in your team forum.

Your team had a chance for this thread to be about them, but didn't come through.

macc
10-27-2009, 03:59 PM
Too quick on the trigger there, sport. I know some ideas are worth shooting down on general principle, but before you reach for the gun, assess the situation first.

If you read the article, you'll see that the rings are personalized for each player's likeness. So Luke Walton's ring will have a laser engraving of Luke Walton's face, Derek Fisher's ring will have an engraving of Derek Fisher's face, etc., etc.

I stand corrected. I fail

Gibby23
10-27-2009, 04:00 PM

You sure do post alot in a thread that you want moved.:rolleyes:

miller74
10-27-2009, 04:12 PM
Common sense man.

Im a below average Raptor fan and i want to see it, everyone relax, if ur not happy with the thread dont post and move on with ur day.
Its a nice ring the headline made me want to see it and im glad i did

macc
10-27-2009, 04:16 PM
You sure do post alot in a thread that you want moved.:rolleyes:

Ya I know. I'm at work now for another 2 hours and it's slow and I'm bored. Just tryin to pass the time.

macc
10-27-2009, 04:18 PM
Well, they are the NBA champion. TNT is starting 15 min early so they can show the players getting the ring. This is the NBA forum like I said, and the Lakers are tha NBA champs. If you don't like to read what is going on with other teams and players, you should stay in your team forum.

Your team had a chance for this thread to be about them, but didn't come through.

Ouch, low blow.

RaiderLakersA's
10-27-2009, 05:12 PM

No worries, dude. We've all been there.

Bruno
10-27-2009, 05:57 PM

Everyone involved in the NBA, be it coaches, players or management value championship rings; so should us fans. Championship rings are far from being "stupid crap", they are motivational; this belongs in the NBA forum, if you don't like it, you don't have to comment on it.

Good thread.

DCB/LAL
10-27-2009, 06:40 PM
Sorry I have to disagree, it's easy to say, if you don't like it don't click/post in it. That's like saying I hate pop ups on my browser but instead of doing anything about them I should just not click on them eventhough they're in my face everyday.

By sharing my feelings I hope Mods actually read them and do their job to move it to the appropriate forum instead of me getting on here everyday and seeing the NBA forum spammed with Laker news.

If you read all the posts you'll see I'm not the only one who feels this way. Savy
actually no its completely different see a pop up is well what it is a pop up it takes no effort for it to pop up but this isn't a pop up your in a Forum where you PHYSICALLY have to click on button to open what YOU CHOOSE TO CHAT so its really simple pop ups you have no choice in Forums you do you read the title if you dont care about then dont click on it simple as that.