PDA

View Full Version : Explain why Kobe will not win MVP this season

TannerOwnsDevin
10-26-2009, 11:43 PM
even if they have the best record in the league...

Im thinking he'll average at least 26 ppg around 5 rebounds and 5 assists. If the Lakers win around 67-69 Games with the best record. Should'nt he win the MVP by default? Assuming we're using the same measuring stick the media has used over the last 5 years.

Correct?

ChiSox219
10-26-2009, 11:49 PM
Because Lebron will win it.

b_rad23
10-26-2009, 11:50 PM
He's barely top 5 statistically, that's why.

philab
10-26-2009, 11:51 PM
Kobe could win the MVP, but it's not the certainty you imply.

It's essentially down to Kobe, LeBron, and Howard unless the Heat manage to win 55 somehow and Wade goes seriously off (maybe Melo in a similarly crazy scenario).

LeBron likely will have the best stats -- he'll get more MPG than Kobe and has to carry more of the offensive load. The Lakers should (although it's very hard to predict) have the best record. Howard only has an outside shot.

The relative differences between Cavs wins and Lakers wins and between LeBron's stats and Kobe's stats will determine who wins. We'll see.

D-Will4Prez
10-26-2009, 11:53 PM
Because of my sig :laugh:

lakers4sho
10-26-2009, 11:54 PM
If Kobe does not win the MVP this season, it's because someone else will win it.

IRUAM #21
10-26-2009, 11:57 PM
Kobe will not win MVP because Mark Blount is still in the league.

Raph12
10-27-2009, 12:00 AM
If the team wins 10 more games than Orlando and Cleveland, then and only then does Kobe win it. I think Dwight takes it, with Kobe or Lebron as runner-up (Boston/San Antonio have no true MVP and Hornets/Heat don't win enough games for Paul/Wade to get it).

Toenail Clipper
10-27-2009, 12:02 AM
because you hate the Lakers and Kobe, therefore you have created a thread that expresses your hate against Kobe Bryant by demoting him as an MVP candidate.

jim51990
10-27-2009, 12:06 AM
because lebron is the superior player

Hawkize31
10-27-2009, 12:08 AM

This.

_KB24_
10-27-2009, 12:08 AM
He'll win if the Lakers flirt with 70 and he's still got 25+ 5+ 5+....

Lebron will win if he wins 65+ and has 27+7+7

Rest need a MONSTER season and atleast 55+ wins.

WITZ
10-27-2009, 12:23 AM

This & I still don't know why he got more votes then D.Wade last year :facepalm:

PrettyBoyJ
10-27-2009, 12:27 AM
Kobe is a winner.. that's the perfect quality of a MVP.. Kobe has a good team so he doesnt have to to put all those eyepopping numbers like Lebron... At the end of the day its all about winning and thats what Kobe does... LeBron Has to do all the work on his team.. Kobe cud chill and take the MVP... thats jus how life is...

ink
10-27-2009, 12:28 AM
He might, he might not. He's one of the best players in the league so any NBA fan who isn't biased will not be surprised if he wins.

blackjack_119
10-27-2009, 01:00 AM
Kobe is a winner.. that's the perfect quality of a MVP.. Kobe has a good team so he doesnt have to to put all those eyepopping numbers like Lebron... At the end of the day its all about winning and thats what Kobe does... LeBron Has to do all the work on his team.. Kobe cud chill and take the MVP... thats jus how life is...

And because LeBron has to do all the work on his team, he is far more valuable than a player who "cud chill" which is why LeBron will win the MVP again.

Ace33Bone
10-27-2009, 09:22 AM
1) Because he has too many options around him and that will pull his individual stats down a bit... but this also makes him the front runner for Finals MVP once again and I think that award means more to Kobe that any other individual award

2) Because LBJ is going to be even better than he was last year

3) D-Wade will not have hardly any help in MIA so he will have to continue to be a stat stuffer in order for them even to compete

JordansBulls
10-27-2009, 11:48 AM
Essentially speaking, either player will for sure have to be the #1 seed to even have a chance at MVP.

Think about it. The only players for instance in the 90's to win MVP were guys that led their teams to the #1 seed in the conference.

Also Kobe's numbers will be down in the season compared to any other season after 2000. He doesnt' need to do as much. He doesn't need to focus on stats with an allstar PF down low and another potential allstar down low along with Artest starting and Odom off the bench.

TannerOwnsDevin
10-27-2009, 03:06 PM
to those saying he wont win because he has a lot of help. why did dirk and nash won mvp's?

to those aying he doesnt have the stats to do it. why did nash won back to back mvps?

abe_froman
10-27-2009, 03:09 PM
to those saying he wont win because he has a lot of help. why did dirk and nash won mvp's?

to those aying he doesnt have the stats to do it. why did nash won back to back mvps?

because a dramatic turn around,then having better stats the next year.but its kind of hard to lead a dramatic turn around when your team won 60+ games and are the champs

TheKing23
10-27-2009, 03:15 PM

Ding Ding Ding... We have a winner.

TannerOwnsDevin
10-27-2009, 03:39 PM
because a dramatic turn around,then having better stats the next year.but its kind of hard to lead a dramatic turn around when your team won 60+ games and are the champs

there was no dramatic turn around when nash won his 2nd mvp fyi.

TannerOwnsDevin
10-27-2009, 03:43 PM
Ding Ding Ding... We have a winner.

being a superior or much more domainat player has nothing to do with it. if thats the case shaq would've won more then 1 mvp.

shaq lost an mvp to iverson despite having more team wins, better stats and displaying a irrefutable evidence of his dominance.

da wood
10-27-2009, 03:56 PM
dang ink i have never heard you sound as fair as you just did and you are right

JordansBulls
10-27-2009, 04:03 PM

Dirk won it when having the best record in the league. Nash won his first one as the Suns went from 29 wins to 62 wins his first year and he won it the next year because they still managed a top 2 seed and 54 wins despite Amare out all year.

tr4shb0t
10-27-2009, 04:16 PM
I'd probably go with Lebron taking it because he will have monster stats again. Like others said, Kobe gets enough help from his teammates.

Dwight would be my next guess but only if he steps up his game a LOT this year and Magic are #1 in East, but I think he'll have to wait a year.

Reddd
10-27-2009, 04:17 PM
He'll win if the Lakers flirt with 70 and he's still got 25+ 5+ 5+....

Lebron will win if he wins 65+ and has 27+7+7

Rest need a MONSTER season and atleast 55+ wins.

I'm afraid you're right

jakesmail123
10-27-2009, 05:59 PM

see above

Verbal Christ
10-27-2009, 06:02 PM
'the fat arent nearly as hungry' lebron james will be a man possessed this year, kobe is happy, he got his without shaq and shut everyone up, LBJ will probably sweep every single individual accolade this year to go along with the hardware at the end.

RaiderLakersA's
10-27-2009, 06:09 PM
Kobe has way too many haters and detractors, while LeBron and "anyone but Kobe" sentiment is growing exponentially. The only way Kobe gets MVP is if the Lakers beat the Bulls best win-loss mark...and everyone else falls from grace.

lakers4sho
10-27-2009, 06:18 PM
kobe is happy

He is?

koberulesall
10-27-2009, 06:38 PM
why didnt you just go ahead and call the thread "hate on Kobe Bryant" hahaHahah....he will win mvp this year and of the finals too just wait....your golden man-boy full back lebron james wont win ******* (reason i call him full back cause he lowers his shoulders and runs everyone over like a full back and gets the call in his favor every time think what you want Im right your wrong unless your a laker fan:)

TheMicrowave
10-27-2009, 07:54 PM
His stats could be better or worse IMO. Not by much either way.

Lakers look like they are the best team in the league right now.

MakaSizzle
10-27-2009, 07:57 PM
Lebronbron

MiamiHeat
10-27-2009, 08:18 PM
Wade says hi

:p

Ray_R
10-27-2009, 09:31 PM
Injury Or LEbron

SA5195
10-27-2009, 09:35 PM
Cause of Lebron?

TannerOwnsDevin
10-27-2009, 10:00 PM
Dirk won it when having the best record in the league. Nash won his first one as the Suns went from 29 wins to 62 wins his first year and he won it the next year because they still managed a top 2 seed and 54 wins despite Amare out all year.

i just said that JB. what if kobe and the lakers finishes with the best record along with comparable numbers from dirks (27 pts, 6 rebs 5 assists, almost 2 spg)

then should'nt he qualify as the mvp winner under those conditions.

montazingmvp
10-28-2009, 12:07 AM
i just said that JB. what if kobe and the lakers finishes with the best record along with comparable numbers from dirks (27 pts, 6 rebs 5 assists, almost 2 spg)

no because lebron will likely lead his team to a similar record with even better stats...what don't you get about this?

JordansBulls
10-28-2009, 12:13 AM

Dirk led the league in Win Shares and PER that season as well. So statistically he was also the best.

Hawkeye15
10-28-2009, 02:17 PM
He may win it. Dont think so. He is no longer top 5 statistically, won it a couple years ago, and that award is a media darling award that will go to LeBron, Wade, or Howard.
The year he won it he didn't deserve it. He did deserve it however a couple years prior when he went for 35-5-5 and brought a team of girls to the playoffs.
But LeBron and Wade will have far superior stats, and Howard is a hot name. In reality, Paul should be in the conversation too, but we know he won't be

Fool
10-28-2009, 02:19 PM
Because LeBron will outperform him?

NyCsPoRtS1
10-28-2009, 02:21 PM
b/c its dwayne wades turn dont you guys realize it takes 2 good seasons to win mvp?

albertc86
10-28-2009, 02:30 PM
He may win it. Dont think so. He is no longer top 5 statistically, won it a couple years ago, and that award is a media darling award that will go to LeBron, Wade, or Howard.
The year he won it he didn't deserve it. He did deserve it however a couple years prior when he went for 35-5-5 and brought a team of girls to the playoffs.
But LeBron and Wade will have far superior stats, and Howard is a hot name. In reality, Paul should be in the conversation too, but we know he won't be

A player doesn't have to be top 5 statistically to be the best in the league; he has already proven that. This isn't fantasy basketball. I think we all know if Kobe wanted to average 30-5-5 (or close to) he could.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-28-2009, 02:43 PM
This & I still don't know why he got more votes then D.Wade last year :facepalm:

cuz the Cavs won like 10 millions games last year and the heat won like 12....

BayAreaLegend
10-28-2009, 02:45 PM
Simple, because people ride LBJ's dick even though he shoots mid 70% from the line, high 30% from three, and is the least clutch player the league.

-Wade and Kobe are clearly winners and Champions. Not to mention the two clutchest players in the world and Kobe might be the 2nd best of all time after the real King, King Jordan. The Real 23!

philab
10-28-2009, 02:53 PM
Simple, because people ride LBJ's dick even though he shoots mid 70% from the line, high 30% from three, and is the least clutch player the league.

-Wade and Kobe are clearly winners and Champions. Not to mention the two clutchest players in the world and Kobe might be the 2nd best of all time after the real King, King Jordan. The Real 23!

High 30% from three is pretty darn good and better than either Kobe or Wade shoots.

And check out www.82games.com for a look at who's clutch and who's not. Kobe is one of the least clutch superstars in the game and is less clutch than the NBA average.

A-Rod the QB
10-28-2009, 05:32 PM
Ryan Howard

Hawkeye15
10-28-2009, 06:34 PM
A player doesn't have to be top 5 statistically to be the best in the league; he has already proven that. This isn't fantasy basketball. I think we all know if Kobe wanted to average 30-5-5 (or close to) he could.

I am not talking about ppg dude. I am talking about efficiency, win shares, offensive/defensive ratings, etc. These stats DO show who is the better individual player.
And Kobe could average that, but would still be less efficent than Wade or LeBron getting 28-8-8. That is the point I made.

D Blue987
10-28-2009, 07:03 PM
I personally dont see Lebron winning the MVp again. Kobe could win it but Howard could also do that as well. I just dont think that the Cavs are going to make as much noise as people think they will this season. Personally, I think Lebron will leave and join a true big market team. The biggest reason why I think they will struggle is Shaq. In turn, Lebron will be forced to make them win just like Kobe did back in 2006 when he averaged something like 35 ppg and still didnt win the MVP. We will see but I dont like Lebrons chances of repeating as MVP.