PDA

View Full Version : Devils lose Martin, Pandolfo to injuries

TheDetroitBlue
10-26-2009, 07:17 PM
NEWARK, N.J. -- New Jersey Devils defenseman Paul Martin and left wing Jay Pandolfo will be sidelined four to six weeks after being injured Saturday in a 4-1 win over the Pittsburgh Penguins.

The Devils said Monday that Martin, possibly their top defenseman, has a broken left arm that will not require surgery. Pandolfo has a shoulder injury.

The team recalled defenseman Cory Murphy from Lowell of the AHL.

Martin leads the Devils in ice time, while Pandolfo is one of the top defensive forwards and a key penalty killer.

Devils forward Patrik Elias, who has not played this season because of groin surgery in mid-September, is close to returning to practice.

www.espn.com

Just saw it guys

DevsYanksJets
10-26-2009, 07:22 PM
It's gonna be tough but I'm sure as the Devils always do with injuries we will overcome, last year at this time in the season things were BAD. Rolston was down for a while among others I just can't remember off the top of my head.

But now why did we call up Corey Murphy? I'm pretty sure he's not the best we can do down there. I wanna see more Fraser and more Corrente especially Corrente he might pan out opposite Oduya until Martins back. But nooooo! We got Corey Murphy again :facepalm:

Freekshow187187
10-27-2009, 12:47 PM
well what probaly and hopfully will hapeen is murphy will play bad and we will bring up corrente or eckford one of them instaed since we are doing a youth movement my as well continue with the defense men who have more promise then are forwards but hopfully elias will be back and maybe try to hide the fact that we have no martin because thats a huge blow.

DevsYanksJets
10-27-2009, 01:28 PM
well what probaly and hopfully will hapeen is murphy will play bad and we will bring up corrente or eckford one of them instaed since we are doing a youth movement my as well continue with the defense men who have more promise then are forwards but hopfully elias will be back and maybe try to hide the fact that we have no martin because thats a huge blow.

Yeah I hope thats the case but I have a funny feeling it won't be. They feel as if they owe Murphy something which I don't understand. We need to see Fraser and Corrente asap Lou! Although that probably won't happen :mad:

Jersey Mike
10-27-2009, 03:36 PM
murphy sucks...he got walked all over when we played the thrashers...he is small, slow and not aggressive even a little bit...he is exactly the opposite of paul martin!!! hopefully they don't line him up next to whitey...they would be better off putting two garbage cans on the ice in place of that combo...the garbage cans will make more stops and probably have more takeaways than those two!!!

TheDetroitBlue
10-27-2009, 09:36 PM
I would of chose Fraser

DevsYanksJets
10-27-2009, 10:59 PM
There's plenty of better choices does Lou feel guilty about sending him down? I mean come on now, and do the Devils games haveeee to all be on at the same time as the Yankees games? This flipping back and fourth between channels is killing me why are the Devils getting all these days off so early? I haven't seen our whole schedule yet but I have a funny feeling this is gonna bite us in the ***** really bad.

NJDev7
11-06-2009, 02:59 PM
Leach was claimed by the Canadiens off re-entry waivers also. This really sucks, we lose so many players to injuries and then this happens. :mad:

Jersey Mike
11-06-2009, 09:59 PM
murphy sucks...he got walked all over when we played the thrashers...he is small, slow and not aggressive even a little bit...he is exactly the opposite of paul martin!!! hopefully they don't line him up next to whitey...they would be better off putting two garbage cans on the ice in place of that combo...the garbage cans will make more stops and probably have more takeaways than those two!!!

boy oh boy...talk about irony!!! I no sooner write this stuff and he scores a nice point shot right through biron's legs to tie the game up...hahaha

DevsYanksJets
11-06-2009, 11:10 PM
Ehh I don't think it was a result of his skill so much as it was probably just pure luck. But yes JerseyMike we must keep badmouthing our Devils.

Jersey Mike
11-07-2009, 12:53 AM
Ehh I don't think it was a result of his skill so much as it was probably just pure luck. But yes JerseyMike we must keep badmouthing our Devils.

it wasn't a blistering shot but it was a goal nonetheless...I'll take it...I'm sure this whole lousy team won't be able to do anything against ottawa tomorrow night...wink wink

DevsYanksJets
11-07-2009, 01:20 PM
it wasn't a blistering shot but it was a goal nonetheless...I'll take it...I'm sure this whole lousy team won't be able to do anything against ottawa tomorrow night...wink wink

Lmao!!! And Nicklas Bergfors will probably continue to stink it up as always!