PDA

View Full Version : ESPN'S start of the season power rankings

D Roses Bulls
10-26-2009, 02:39 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/powerranking?season=2010&week=0

dont get how the magic look so dominate in the preseason and drop behind the celtics, but whatever its espn i guess.

1 (1) Lakers 65-17 Good line from Professor Hollinger: Only team in the West that can beat L.A. is L.A. But that's why we keep bringing up Ariza, because the likelihood of Hollinger's scenario goes way up with Artest in Ariza's spot.
2 (3) Celtics 62-20 Let's assume that everything goes right and the Celts manage to stay healthy. Then what? As one trusted scout recently told the committee (of one): "They are big, long, athletic and very hard to guard."
3 (2) Magic 59-23 There's never a good time for a 10-game suspension, obviously, but the Magic -- with no less than a dozen guys vying for legit PT -- should handle Rashard Lewis' absence as well as any team in the league could.
4 (4) Cavaliers 66-16 The way last season ended combined with the stress ball this season will be -- given that the Cavs can't prove anything until the playoffs, plus all the LeBron uncertainty -- is why they start out of the top three.
5 (5) Spurs 54-28 The Spurs, for what it's worth now, are the clear-cut biggest winners of the offseason. How do we know? Because they wouldn't even be in the top five/championship conversation without their summer moves.
6 (7) Mavericks 50-32 Dallas is deeper than it was when it went to the 2006 Finals. The problem: San Antonio can say the same about its current team and the 2007 title team. The competition at the top is so much deeper now, too.
7 (8) Trail Blazers 54-28 If preseason Greg Oden is the new Greg Oden, maybe it won't matter if Andre Miller starts or comes off the bench. Maybe we'll end up wishing we touted Portland as the class of the Northwest Division. Maybe.
8 (6) Nuggets 54-28 Unlike Orlando, Denver doesn't have the depth or the reasonable early schedule to downplay J.R. Smith's seven-game suspension to start the season. Game No. 4 at Indiana starts a six-game Eastern swing.
9 (9) Hawks 47-35 One of my eds liked this line, so we're recycling: It's not something you print up on T-shirts, but the Hawks are indeed the clear-cut fourth best team in the East after adding Crawford and Joe Smith and losing little.
10 (12) Jazz 48-34 The cynic in me wonders if the best thing we'll wind up saying about Utah's season is that it has the Knicks' lottery pick. Korver's injury is already sending a here-we-go-again vibe reminiscent of last season.
11 (13) Bulls 41-41 Maybe we expect too much to peg Deng for a seamless return from injury to replace Ben Gordon, but there's enough here regardless for modest improvement leading into the pivotal summer of 2010. More than enough.
12 (10) Suns 46-36 Judging by our staff picks, it appears I still like this team better than most. Guess it doesn't come as a huge surprise that this committee will pretty much be last off the ship when it comes to the SS Nash.
13 (11) Hornets 49-33 Okafor missed most of his first month in N.O. and doubts persist about CP3 and D-West getting sufficient scoring help from the wings. So brace yourself for the old line about how nothing's easy in the Big Easy for Paul.
14 (17) 76ers 41-41 The optimistic view for a team on the playoff bubble and a tight budget: If Philly could go 41-41 in the face of all of last season's chaos, Eddie Jordan's arrival should steady the Sixers right into the 45-win range.
15 (14) Raptors 33-49 If the Raps can overcome their shortcomings on D to get off to a good start, that should hush at least a fraction of the incessant chatter about Bosh's future. If they don't, though, you can probably do the math.
16 (16) Heat 43-39 If we were ranking the teams in order of which ones will endure the longest regular season, Miami would be a top-five lock with Cleveland, New York and Sacramento. 2010 must feel forever away for D-Wade.
17 (15) Wizards 19-63 Jamison's shoulder injury means they're still waiting in the nation's capital to see a healthy Arenas/Butler/Jamison trio in a regular-season game again. They've been waiting since -- no joke -- April 1, 2007.
18 (18) Pistons 39-43 What will keep me tuned in to a Pistons team overloaded with scoring guards but desperately lacking bigs and a set-up man? The sense that they'll make a trade sooner rather than later to address the imbalances.
19 (20) Clippers 19-63 Every time I want to believe my Clippers-versus-Lakers playoff fantasy has a shot -- like after hearing so much about how good Baron Davis looks -- I find myself reading about a new Blake Griffin injury.
20 (22) Rockets 53-29 Can the gutty little Rockets hang around No. 8 long enough for T-Mac to come back and drag them into the playoffs? Probably not ... but they won't fall as far in the West as teams like OKC and Memphis are hoping.
21 (21) Thunder 23-59 Leave it to Mark Heisler of the L.A. Times to neatly sum up our view that too much is expected from the young Thunder this season. "If this were a 25-and-under league," Heis writes, "you'd really like their chances."
22 (19) Bobcats 35-47 The team that should have signed Allen Iverson? The Bobcats have a glaring lack of scoring punch along with the coach, Larry Brown, who understands AI best, as well as a Grizz-like need for a box-office draw.
23 (24) Pacers 36-46 The good news: Indy has exceeded my downbeat expectations two seasons in a row. The bad news: "Exceeding" expectations meant ninth place in the East both times, which is realistically Indy's ceiling again.
24 (23) Warriors 29-53 Sad but true: Until Stephen Jackson is traded, pretty much all you're going to hear out of the Bay Area are Jack stories, no matter how much promise we see from A-Randolph, Steph Curry and Morrow.
25 (25) Nets 34-48 We repeat: If Russian billionaire Mikhail Prokhorov gets approved as the Nets' new owner, you could argue that nothing else in Jersey matters much this season. Or would you rather talk about L-Frank's status?
26 (26) Knicks 32-50 You know who probably doesn't mind baseball season stretching into November? Can't see the Knicks complaining about being overshadowed for a couple more weeks given how l-o-n-g their season is bound to be.
27 (29) Bucks 34-48 Thought of one more reason to tune in besides Brandon Jennings' flamboyance and the Redd/Bogut comebacks. With Redd unlikely to opt out of next season's $18.3 million, Milwaukee is bound to shop him.
28 (28) Grizzlies 24-58 Just to clarify: For all of our fascination with the Grizz gambling on AI and Zach, we ask the question as much as you do: Why give Pau away and then trade for Randolph to pay him virtually the same money?
29 (27) Timberwolves 24-58 First Kevin Love stops tweeting to appease his bosses, then he goes down with a hand injury. Not the sort of start Minnesota was counting on in its hope that we all stop obsessing about Rubio's absence.
30 (30) Kings 17-65 One of our fave scouts says the Kings -- with a hot-shot rookie (Tyreke Evans) and our fave rook (Omri Casspi) -- will be better than folks think. Last in the West, though, remains their probable destiny.

IDB Josh M
10-26-2009, 02:55 PM
I wish the Kings were more like the 2002 team than the team now. Even though Lakers and Kings rivalry was just a flash in the pan compared to other rivalries, it was pretty fun to watch.

abe_froman
10-26-2009, 02:59 PM
I wish the Kings were more like the 2002 team than the team now. Even though Lakers and Kings rivalry was just a flash in the pan compared to other rivalries, it was pretty fun to watch.

they have a good,young lineup so they'll be back in a couple years

MiamiHeat
10-26-2009, 03:19 PM
Bulls are too high

srfr4life
10-26-2009, 03:22 PM
I agree. Out of respect, the MAGIC should be ranked 2 to start the season.... and although we went 8-0 for preseason, I don't think we were completely dominant. We still seem to be turning the ball over too much and Dwight better have a better free throw percentage and one more post move.

D Roses Bulls
10-26-2009, 03:24 PM
Bulls are too high

dont hate, appreciate :)

Kashmir13579
10-26-2009, 03:28 PM
ahahahaha the Knicks really are terrible. **** my life

mikantsass
10-26-2009, 03:37 PM
I agree with some of the above comments..... The Bulls are too high. IMO they are not better than Philly, NO, Toronto, Washington, or Miami.

ChiSox219
10-26-2009, 03:42 PM
Mavericks are too high

Move Boston down to 4

TheKing23
10-26-2009, 03:45 PM
I don't understand how a team can win 66 regular season games last season, replace all of the players left with bigger and better upgrades (Shaq > Wallace, Parker > Pavlovic, Moon > Szczerbiak) and be third in the East???

Absolutely baffles me... Boston made two solid upgrades but they are an old team, injuries may have a big effect on their season. Orlando upgraded as well, but lost key contributors in Hedo, Lee and Rafer... We'll just have to see how the season pans out, but I don't agree with these rankings.

abe_froman
10-26-2009, 03:51 PM
I don't understand how a team can win 66 regular season games last season, replace all of the players left with bigger and better upgrades (Shaq > Wallace, Parker > Pavlovic, Moon > Szczerbiak) and be third in the East???

Absolutely baffles me... Boston made two solid upgrades but they are an old team, injuries may have a big effect on their season. Orlando upgraded as well, but lost key contributors in Hedo, Lee and Rafer... We'll just have to see how the season pans out, but I don't agree with these rankings.
because,there is an uncertainty to how shaq+lebron will work together.with that i'd agree with rankings,i think they wont be 66 wins this time,but will go father in playoffs(good tradeoff)

similarly,bos has been talking about trying to go for the record,with that as their focus they should get more wins(that and kg back+couple good pickups)

Wilson
10-26-2009, 03:55 PM

dont get how the magic look so dominate in the preseason and drop behind the celtics, but whatever its espn i guess.

Because power rankings are based on how good the teams are looking, and since Rashard Lewis has to serve a ten game suspension to start the season, the Magic aren't looking as good...

j-mart
10-26-2009, 04:14 PM
Because power rankings are based on how good the teams are looking, and since Rashard Lewis has to serve a ten game suspension to start the season, the Magic aren't looking as good...

Agreed.

ChiSox219
10-26-2009, 04:17 PM

Everyone overlooks Ryan Anderson and Brandon Bass...

MiamiHeat
10-26-2009, 04:17 PM

on what? :eyebrow:

Wilson
10-26-2009, 04:45 PM
Everyone overlooks Ryan Anderson and Brandon Bass...

Maybe, but I was just trying to show what the writer was looking at :p

TheKing23
10-26-2009, 04:47 PM
because,there is an uncertainty to how shaq+lebron will work together.with that i'd agree with rankings,i think they wont be 66 wins this time,but will go father in playoffs(good tradeoff)

similarly,bos has been talking about trying to go for the record,with that as their focus they should get more wins(that and kg back+couple good pickups)

Yeah, I see your point and I hope you're right about them going further in the playoffs.

It's gonna be an interesting battle in the East. With three of the top four teams in the NBA have they surpassed the West as the better conference??

abe_froman
10-26-2009, 04:51 PM
Yeah, I see your point and I hope you're right about them going further in the playoffs.

It's gonna be an interesting battle in the East. With three of the top four teams in the NBA have they surpassed the West as the better conference??

no.top top to bottom(low playoff seeds)in the west are still better than in the east,where there is 3/4 teams and a significant drop off

D Roses Bulls
10-26-2009, 05:00 PM
on what? :eyebrow:

on the bulls being ranked so high

D Roses Bulls
10-26-2009, 05:05 PM
I agree with some of the above comments..... The Bulls are too high. IMO they are not better than Philly, NO, Toronto, Washington, or Miami.

the sixers who didnt make the playoffs? washington who hasnt proved anything yet? or toronto?

derrick rose is in his second year. he should of only have gotten better. ben gordon was a good scorer, but for every game he had 30 points he would have 10 games where he went 8-22 from the field plus he was a defensive liability. they have salmons and miller for a full season. no cancerous hughes or gooden. noah and thomas are motivated and seem to have gotten better. also they got deng back. i think the chemistry will be a lot better then it was last season without gordon, deng, and such fighting for shots. it doesnt mean they will finish with the 4th seed, but dont be surprised if they do.

chicago lulz
10-26-2009, 07:03 PM
the sixers who didnt make the playoffs? washington who hasnt proved anything yet? or toronto?

derrick rose is in his second year. he should of only have gotten better. ben gordon was a good scorer, but for every game he had 30 points he would have 10 games where he went 8-22 from the field plus he was a defensive liability. they have salmons and miller for a full season. no cancerous hughes or gooden. noah and thomas are motivated and seem to have gotten better. also they got deng back. i think the chemistry will be a lot better then it was last season without gordon, deng, and such fighting for shots. it doesnt mean they will finish with the 4th seed, but dont be surprised if they do.

Actually, Philly did make the playoffs. Toronto was the team that didn't.

MiamiHeat
10-26-2009, 07:05 PM
on the bulls being ranked so high

suuuuuuuuuuure...
let's see who is ranked higher in the standings at the end of the season
:cool:

JWO35
10-26-2009, 07:09 PM
I like how the Pistons are the last of the decent teams....NOT!

MiamiHeat
10-26-2009, 07:11 PM
I like how the Pistons are a decent team....NOT!

fixed

just joking :D

SteveNash
10-26-2009, 07:16 PM
I care about these ratings because they impact who is winning the championship this season.

JWO35
10-26-2009, 07:20 PM
fixed

just joking :D

lol :clap:

_KB24_
10-26-2009, 07:38 PM

That can count for any of the BIG 4 with key vets. You guys lose Shaq, your not winning. We lose Kobe, were not winning. Same for Boston and Orlando.

Cleveland did improve A LOT but so did the other teams, by A LOT. I guess you would give the edge to Orlando and Boston because of their team success and how healthy they are now. Doesn't really matter though, season hasn't even started.

sacgiants1213
10-26-2009, 07:43 PM
Kings are too low. I think we should be 28th/29th, not 30th.

cmellofan15
10-26-2009, 08:04 PM
I don't care too much for this, I really want this season to start so the speculation can be over with

dolfan720
10-26-2009, 08:08 PM
These are terrible power ranking #1 the Grizzlies should be top a 20 team. # 2 the Bucks are the worst team in the league #3 the Rockets and the Suns should be switched. and #4 the heat and the bulls should be switch. Thats just some of the main points that i needed to put out there

Jonathan2323
10-26-2009, 08:09 PM
Bulls are to high. Heat are better.

Super.
10-26-2009, 08:17 PM
Mavericks are too high

Move Boston down to 4

Why should Boston be moved down? If everything goes right, then there isnt a team in the East that can stop them

IversonIsKrazy
10-26-2009, 08:23 PM
Suns and Rockets are too high, as are Philly. And Memphis is too low :P

I dont even have Philly making the playoffs.

swagga81
10-26-2009, 08:37 PM

:facepalm:
h
o
m
e
r
!

D Roses Bulls
10-26-2009, 08:42 PM
h
o
m
e
r
!

damn right and im proud of it :)

D Roses Bulls
10-26-2009, 08:42 PM
Why should Boston be moved down? If everything goes right, then there isnt a team in the East that can stop them

and if everything goes right for orlando they will win the east

swagga81
10-26-2009, 08:43 PM
Mavericks are too high

Move Boston down to 4
:facepalm: oh you wish

D Roses Bulls
10-26-2009, 08:44 PM
Actually, Philly did make the playoffs. Toronto was the team that didn't.

you right, wasnt thinking. should of known since i like the magic and they beat the sixers in the first round this is what im thinking of myself right now..... :facepalm: at myself.

i bet thats a first for psd

swagga81
10-26-2009, 08:44 PM
damn right and im proud of it :)

ok im convinced

swagga81
10-26-2009, 08:46 PM
orlando and chicago are so overrated! and thats a fact

D Roses Bulls
10-26-2009, 08:48 PM
orlando and chicago are so overrated! and thats a fact

and your a hater and thats a fact

swagga81
10-26-2009, 08:53 PM
and your a hater and thats a fact

hater? thats right you are a hater! p.s. your so a Hommer with a CAPITAL H!

TheKing23
10-26-2009, 08:54 PM

And if everything goes as it should Cavs will win the East.

swagga81
10-26-2009, 08:56 PM
And if everything goes as it should Cavs will win the East. see d rose bulls! king has it right!

swagga81
10-26-2009, 09:02 PM
this is so a hommer thread! PSD needs some new nba forum mods to clean up this bulls fan hommer crap!

_KB24_
10-26-2009, 09:38 PM
And if everything goes right, Lakers will repeat...

D Roses Bulls
10-26-2009, 09:40 PM
this is a thread about the espn power rankings thread. so how is this biased? :facepalm:

D Roses Bulls
10-26-2009, 09:41 PM
And if everything goes as it should Cavs will win the East.

now, the cavs are hte third best team in the nba. it will either be orlando or boston as ECF

D Roses Bulls
10-26-2009, 09:42 PM
And if everything goes right, Lakers will repeat...

i wouldnt doubt it. they are the team to beat

D Roses Bulls
10-26-2009, 09:43 PM
this is so a hommer thread! PSD needs some new nba forum mods to clean up this bulls fan hommer crap!

this is a thread about the espn power rankings. so how is this biased?:facepalm:

ChiSox219
10-26-2009, 09:54 PM
ESPN and NBA pick the Bulls 11 and 12

Two separate, neutral sources.

Who cares what PSDers think, the Bulls will show it on the court.

Jonathan2323
10-26-2009, 09:56 PM

doubt it. :)

sofargone
10-26-2009, 09:57 PM

no they wont

swagga81
10-27-2009, 12:23 AM
this is a thread about the espn power rankings. so how is this biased?:facepalm: well for one thing lot of your posts are homerish and lot of PSDers disagree with you!

Who cares what PSDers think, the Bulls will show it on the court. man thats a lot of trash talk man i cant wait untill cleveland boston and orlando wipes the smiles off your faces

no they wont

and sofargone is right no they wont! because i think washington, miami toronto detorit and phily can out play the bulls this season! and there all worthy of a playoff spot!

D Roses Bulls
10-27-2009, 03:39 AM
well for one thing lot of your posts are homerish and lot of PSDers disagree with you!

man thats a lot of trash talk man i cant wait untill cleveland boston and orlando wipes the smiles off your faces

and sofargone is right no they wont! because i think washington, miami toronto detorit and phily can out play the bulls this season! and there all worthy of a playoff spot!

i dont care what psder's agree with. for one, look at my record newbie. im right on like all my predictions. two, most of these people are not over the age of 18, which i dont think you are so you cant say nothing

ChiSox219
10-27-2009, 03:52 AM
man thats a lot of trash talk man i cant wait untill cleveland boston and orlando wipes the smiles off your faces

What does that have to do with anything? Those teams are ranked in the top 4 and are built to win this year.

The Bulls are ranked 11/12 and are built to make the playoffs this season and grab a big name free agent next year.

Never have I said or inferred the Bulls are comparable to Cleveland, Orlando, or a healthy Boston.

chicago lulz
10-27-2009, 03:53 AM
doubt it. :)

How is it that you're allowed to doubt and yet when people doubt Beasley or anything Heat related, you get all defensive and prissy about it?

D Roses Bulls
10-27-2009, 03:59 AM
How is it that you're allowed to doubt and yet when people doubt Beasley or anything Heat related, you get all defensive and prissy about it?

thank you......... its funny cause beasley isnt better then chicagos third best player which would be who? deng? salmons?

D Roses Bulls
10-27-2009, 04:01 AM
What does that have to do with anything? Those teams are ranked in the top 4 and are built to win this year.

The Bulls are ranked 11/12 and are built to make the playoffs this season and grab a big name free agent next year.

Never have I said or inferred the Bulls are comparable to Cleveland, Orlando, or a healthy Boston.

that kid is like 16 years old. he doesnt know any better so dont worry bout his opinion. to him, michael jordan is like julius erving was to us. never saw him play.

abe_froman
10-27-2009, 04:01 AM

dont worry about it,just to suggest the bulls can win a game makes many posters here fly into an irrational temper tantrum

see your "sin" as it were,is to suggest that they can fight for a playoff seed..any seed(even 7 or 8th),causes them to overreact and blow that out of proportion(11 or 12),into first or 2nd

D Roses Bulls
10-27-2009, 04:03 AM
dont worry about it,just to suggest the bulls can win a game makes many posters here fly into an irrational temper tantrum

yeah agree. for some reason people hate the bulls. i could understand, knicks, utah, and even miami fans but damn so much hatred for them

ChiSox219
10-27-2009, 04:03 AM
that kid is like 16 years old. he doesnt know any better so dont worry bout his opinion. to him, michael jordan is like julius erving was to us. never saw him play.

Got it, no more words will be wasted on him.

D Roses Bulls
10-27-2009, 04:05 AM

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: trust me, i wanted to take him over my lap and whoop him he was annoying me so bad, but its not worth it. damn kids

abe_froman
10-27-2009, 04:29 AM
yeah agree. for some reason people hate the bulls. i could understand, knicks, utah, and even miami fans but damn so much hatred for them

they hate the perceived over hyping of the bulls(by fans),lending them to see and (over)react to that "overhype" everywhere,even where its not

-Kobe24-TJ19-
10-27-2009, 04:56 AM
they have a good,young lineup so they'll be back in a couple years

They still have Sean Mayne:drool:

DaaBoTownSox
10-27-2009, 06:18 AM

It's called the Preseason. It means nothing. And, why is dropping behind the Celtics a problem, but it's not a problem to be behind the Lakers? :eyebrow:

lavilevi23
10-27-2009, 07:52 AM
Bulls suck. They only got worse than last year and the Heat are a better team. Without gordon they might even miss the playoffs...

ellesmeire
10-27-2009, 08:08 AM
I don't get it, why so much hate for the Bulls??? if we look at the Heat and Bulls the only difference is teh Heat have Dwayne Wade, the rest of the roster is not very good, I would rather have derrick rose and 5 or 6 solid players than just having one or two.

The east after the top three are so close we can't really say right now who will get homecourt, I could see Bulls finishing #4 or #10, as well as the Heat.

swagga81
10-27-2009, 10:15 AM
i dont care what psder's agree with. for one, look at my record newbie. im right on like all my predictions. two, most of these people are not over the age of 18, which i dont think you are so you cant say nothing

thank you......... its funny cause beasley isnt better then chicagos third best player which would be who? deng? salmons?

see your "sin" as it were,is to suggest that they can fight for a playoff seed..any seed(even 7 or 8th),causes them to overreact and blow that out of proportion(11 or 12),into first or 2nd

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: trust me, i wanted to take him over my lap and whoop him he was annoying me so bad, but its not worth it. damn kids

they hate the perceived over hyping of the bulls(by fans),lending them to see and (over)react to that "overhype" everywhere,even where its not
thats bulls fans for ya! they overhype way to much! you cant live with them cant live with out them :pity:

ChiSox219
10-27-2009, 11:48 AM
It's called the Preseason. It means nothing. And, why is dropping behind the Celtics a problem, but it's not a problem to be behind the Lakers? :eyebrow:

Because the Lakers are clearly better than the Celtics.

The Magic are deeper than the Celtics and they should be more durable as well. They made some great moves getting VC, Ryan Anderson, and Brandon Bass. They are much better than they were last season.

swagga81
10-27-2009, 02:50 PM
Because the Lakers are clearly better than the Celtics.

The Magic are deeper than the Celtics and they should be more durable as well. They made some great moves getting VC, Ryan Anderson, and Brandon Bass. They are much better than they were last season. :facepalm: you a joke dude just like drose bulls! just stop being a homer and go on your home the bulls forum and overhype your bulls! because all of us nba psd posters are sick of this crap!

MiamiHeat
10-27-2009, 02:53 PM

swagga81
10-27-2009, 03:02 PM

i agree Drose bulls deserves a facepalm! in fact the whole chicago bulls get a :facepalm:

chicago lulz
10-27-2009, 03:09 PM
:facepalm: you a joke dude just like drose bulls! just stop being a homer and go on your home the bulls forum and overhype your bulls! because all of us nba psd posters are sick of this crap!

How did he over hype the Bulls in the post you responded to? He didn't even mention them. I really wonder if people actually read other people's post or just want to say whatever is on their mind.

swagga81
10-27-2009, 03:15 PM
How did he over hype the Bulls in the post you responded to? He didn't even mention them. I really wonder if people actually read other people's post or just want to say whatever is on their mind.

what i ment is there overhypeing the bulls at the #4 spot! which they are 6-8 spot team!

Sly Guy
10-27-2009, 03:18 PM

Shaq and Biz Z is gonna be a lineup issue. Parker>Pavolvic. Moon<Wally, and if you think otherwise, then you're either buying the hype or high. Either way, watch out. Moon sucks.

But don't put too much stock into these rankings. It's based on off season moves and preseason, so essentially, speculation. Means nothing.

chicago lulz
10-27-2009, 03:27 PM
what i ment is there overhypeing the bulls at the #4 spot! which they are 6-8 spot team!

If you want to blame someone for over-hyping a team, blame the writer of this article. The point of being a fan of a team is to root for said team. If we can't be happy/agree with this ranking, then what's the point of being a fan. This is in no way being a homer as the 4-8 spot is really up for grabs. The Bulls could very well be 8th or not even make the playoffs. There is no certainty for those last 5 spots. There are also factors that could play into the Bulls making the 4th spot. There are also factors for every team that could lead them to the 4th spot. What I've noticed from you is that you have no argument other than Bulls fans being homers. I see no coherent arguments otherwise and it's getting a bit annoying.

swagga81
10-27-2009, 03:31 PM
If you want to blame someone for over-hyping a team, blame the writer of this article. The point of being a fan of a team is to root for said team. If we can't be happy/agree with this ranking, then what's the point of being a fan. This is in no way being a homer as the 4-8 spot is really up for grabs. The Bulls could very well be 8th or not even make the playoffs. There is no certainty for those last 5 spots. There are also factors that could play into the Bulls making the 4th spot. There are also factors for every team that could lead them to the 4th spot. What I've noticed from you is that you have no argument other than Bulls fans being homers. I see no coherent arguments otherwise and it's getting a bit annoying.

:rolleyes: :pity:

ChiSox219
10-27-2009, 03:31 PM

Again, I don't claim the Bulls were a top 4 team in the East. I've made the case for them to be the #5-8 seed.

Mr. Fluffi
10-27-2009, 03:34 PM

They're number 5 on that list, which would be a good case scenario, but it isn't completely out of reach. I agree, that there have been a few homer posts from bullsfans (like from every other team), but nothing in this thread was that homerish (if that word exists :D). Some posters on psd are just more sensible about "bulls-homerism (don't know if that exists either :D)", than a woman who has her period.

chicago lulz
10-27-2009, 03:35 PM
:rolleyes: :pity:

swagga81
10-27-2009, 03:35 PM
Again, I don't claim the Bulls were a top 4 team in the East. I've made the case for them to be the #5-8 seed.

i guess we have to agree to disagree then

TheKing23
10-27-2009, 03:37 PM
Shaq and Biz Z is gonna be a lineup issue. Parker>Pavolvic. Moon<Wally, and if you think otherwise, then you're either buying the hype or high. Either way, watch out. Moon sucks.

But don't put too much stock into these rankings. It's based on off season moves and preseason, so essentially, speculation. Means nothing.

No way is Szczerbiak better than Moon... The dude could barely run and didn't play a lick of defense. I'll see how he plays for... Oh yeah, no one wants to give him a contract because he is such a bum.

Shaq and Big Z won't be a lineup issue because they;ll hardly spend any time on court together.

swagga81
10-27-2009, 03:37 PM
They're number 5 on that list, which would be a good case scenario, but it isn't completely out of reach. I agree, that there have been a few homer posts from bullsfans (like from every other team), but nothing in this thread was that homerish (if that word exists :D). Some posters on psd are just more sensible about "bulls-homerism (don't know if that exists as well :D)", than a woman who has her period.

Mr. Fluffi is right

swagga81
10-27-2009, 03:38 PM
:facepalm: :mad:

lavilevi23
10-27-2009, 03:48 PM
I don't get it, why so much hate for the Bulls??? if we look at the Heat and Bulls the only difference is teh Heat have Dwayne Wade, the rest of the roster is not very good, I would rather have derrick rose and 5 or 6 solid players than just having one or two.

The east after the top three are so close we can't really say right now who will get homecourt, I could see Bulls finishing #4 or #10, as well as the Heat.

LOL I bet the Heat can beat you in a game without Wade and Rose.
Just your 6 "solid" players vs our "not very good roster".
My first facepalm goes to you :facepalm:

Mr. Fluffi
10-27-2009, 03:53 PM
LOL I bet the Heat can beat you in a game without Wade and Rose.
Just your 6 "solid" players vs our "not very good roster".
My first facepalm goes to you :facepalm:

I don't think so. A roster of Hinrich-Salmons-Deng-Thomas-Noah is not that bad with a bench of Miller, Taj, JJ and Pargo.

But it's a really bad comparison for you guys, because we've got our best backup at the pg position.

D Roses Bulls
10-27-2009, 04:09 PM

tell me what beasley has done that will give you any indication right now he is better then deng or salmons?

D Roses Bulls
10-27-2009, 04:11 PM

cause the lakers are the defending champions and in my opinion only got better. you gotts show the champs respect until someone knocks them off. thats how it always goes. like the magic are the defending eastern conference champs until someone knocks them off. its about respect.

D Roses Bulls
10-27-2009, 04:14 PM
:facepalm: you a joke dude just like drose bulls! just stop being a homer and go on your home the bulls forum and overhype your bulls! because all of us nba psd posters are sick of this crap!

what have we said that makes us homers? blame the writers, not us. we didnt make the rankings man. we are fans of the team. of course we liked what we saw on the rankings. you havent said one intelligent thing to back any of what you said up. all your doing is calling us homers cause we support our team. real good explanation dude. you really got us there