PDA

View Full Version : Charles Barkley Wants His 'Chance To Fail' As A GM

td0tsfinest
10-26-2009, 09:54 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Al_5i5dnx2oJigxRCvJi2u4tPKB4?slug=tsn-nbadishcharlesbarkle&prov=tsn&type=lgns

Many NBA fans probably think they can run a team just as well—if not better—than the general manager of their hometown club. TNT analyst Charles Barkley also thinks he has what it takes to be in the front office—and said he'd jump at the chance to be a GM if the right opportunity came up.

"(Teams) are taking a chance on guys worse than me," Barkley told The Boston Globe. "First of all, I think my resume is better than some of the other guys who have gotten jobs running NBA teams.

"I want my chance to fail, just like everybody else." …

Taking Chuck's quote into consideration, which retired Hall of Famer do you think could succeed as a GM?

Guys like MJ and Bird haven't done a great job running the show. Sources have even said Bird will be leaving the Pacers after this season.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
10-26-2009, 09:58 AM
Next Isiah

koreancabbage
10-26-2009, 10:15 AM
Next Isiah

if there was co-GM's i would take Isiah- the guy knows talent like no tomorrow. I just wouldn't let him run everyday operations. If he finds a trade, he would have to go through the other co-GM to make sure Isiah isn't smoking crack.

basically- i would hire Isiah to be a GM (as a title, cuz you know he wouldn't accept this next piece...) but his job would be a glorified scout

rsweene
10-26-2009, 11:00 AM
As an analysist on TNT, Chuck has been pretty much right on the money when it comes to players (Kobe, LBJ, DWade GINNOOOBBBIILLLIII!!). But when it comes to a full team and strengths of the team he usually gets it wrong (Cavs, Lakers Portland). Charles would be a great assistant coach, someone who could work with certain players, light a fire under their butts and be the comic relief. I dont see him creating a successful team as a GM. I am not saying he wont takethe job seriously, he is respected around the league and knows basketball very well. That being said I dont think he will be able to produce consistently and effectively as a GM.

But then again I dont think anyone could do a bad of job as Isiah did in NY, so GO FOR IT CHUCK!!