PDA

View Full Version : LeBron: I'm Better Than I Was Last Season

JordansBulls
10-25-2009, 08:20 PM
Source: News-Herald (http://www.news-herald.com/articles/2009/10/25/sports/nh1610051.txt)

"I'm a much better player than (in) our last game against Orlando," he said. "I stay in the gym. You guys just see what's on TV. Cameras aren't there when I'm working out."

If that's the case, it's a downright scary thought for the rest of the league.

"He's improved every year I've been here in every aspect of his game," coach Mike Brown said. "Whether it's in the post, catching and shooting, leading the team or handling the ball, he's gotten better. He's one of the hardest workers I've seen. (Former Pacers guard) Reggie Miller is up there in the top three.

"When (James) works, he does things with a purpose."

TannerOwnsDevin
10-25-2009, 08:22 PM
i agree. he doesn;t have post game last year. he has it this season.

what54!?
10-25-2009, 08:29 PM
I would think he would be

TheKing23
10-25-2009, 08:37 PM
Wow... Hopefully the LeBron haters will finally start to recognise him as the best player in the NBA if he puts his work into practice this season.

_KB24_
10-25-2009, 08:38 PM
Lets see him during the regular season and then decide.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-25-2009, 08:40 PM
I wonder what things he would be doing in his prime?

ManRam
10-25-2009, 08:40 PM
Is this really thread worthy? I'd hope he gets better. He's still so young.

Toenail Clipper
10-25-2009, 08:43 PM
He should be maturely better.

jetsfan28
10-25-2009, 08:44 PM
Not sure why this is news, just about every 24 year old should be able to say the same.

jim51990
10-25-2009, 11:40 PM
bron has gotten better each season this will be no different
and he will win his 1st ring this his 7th year just like mj did while also winning his second mvp like mj did and by beating the lakers like mj did

Raph12
10-25-2009, 11:56 PM
I hope Lebron can get better, in every aspect he was lacking in (post game, consistent shooting, etc...), if he wants to prove himself as the best in the league, this is his best oppurtunity, otherwise people will say "he was just lucky that Kobe got older"

Unruly Fan
10-26-2009, 12:01 AM
I hope Lebron can get better, in every aspect he was lacking in (post game, consistent shooting, etc...), if he wants to prove himself as the best in the league, this is his best oppurtunity, otherwise people will say "he was just lucky that Kobe got older"That has nothing to do with whether LeBron gets better or not. Kobe gets older regardless.

jetsfan28
10-26-2009, 12:03 AM
and he will win his 1st ring this his 7th year just like mj did while also winning his second mvp like mj did and by beating the lakers like mj did

I actually like 05-06 LeBron more than 06-07. Slightly worse defensive, I know, but better offensively.

Lakersfan2483
10-26-2009, 12:05 AM
Good for Lebron, now we can all move on.

Rome
10-26-2009, 12:12 AM
He is gonna keep geting better for awhile.

TheKing23
10-26-2009, 12:26 AM
I hope Lebron can get better, in every aspect he was lacking in (post game, consistent shooting, etc...), if he wants to prove himself as the best in the league, this is his best oppurtunity, otherwise people will say "he was just lucky that Kobe got older"

In every aspect he was lacking...? You name two things, what are the others???

He is one of the best rebounding SF's in the league, one of the best defenders in the league, one of the fastest players from baseline to baseline in the league, one of the best passers in the league, one of the clutchest players in the league, THE best finisher at the rim in the league.

As said in this thread he has improved his post game, so that leaves his inconsistent shooting (which I don't really see anyway). He is a streaky shooter, but who cares when you can get to the rim at will every possession??

Raph12
10-26-2009, 12:30 AM
That has nothing to do with whether LeBron gets better or not. Kobe gets older regardless.

Not my point, point is that people will say Lebron is only the best because Kobe is too old...

NPH
10-26-2009, 12:39 AM

:facepalm::facepalm::laugh::laugh::bs:

kingkobe
10-26-2009, 12:45 AM
In another news...after 1 year of crawling kid starts walking.

Raph12
10-26-2009, 12:54 AM
In every aspect he was lacking...? You name two things, what are the others???

He is one of the best rebounding SF's in the league, one of the best defenders in the league, one of the fastest players from baseline to baseline in the league, one of the best passers in the league, one of the clutchest players in the league, THE best finisher at the rim in the league.

As said in this thread he has improved his post game, so that leaves his inconsistent shooting (which I don't really see anyway). He is a streaky shooter, but who cares when you can get to the rim at will every possession??

He is not an elite defender yet, he is an inconsistent one, he waits for his oppurtunity to get blocks and steals and only plays lockdown d late in the fourth, his defense is overrated. He is a great passer, but in the ECFs, his game looked drastically different; all season long LBJ fans were saying how this was their year and how Lebron finally has the help he needs, in the first 2 rounds of the playoffs, the team looked unbeatable, then Lebron plays against Howard, someone who's had his number for the last 3 years and suddenly he has no help? Lebron needs to work on his decision-making, having a coach who sucks his nut isn't gonna help that part of his game either.

nipo10847
10-26-2009, 01:03 AM

Typical Lebron and Wade hater!!!...Lebron is already the best on the planet...he'll just increase the gap this season. Kobe still looks good because of his awesome teammates. Give lebron the lakers supporting cast and you sleep with 3/4 rings.

Unruly Fan
10-26-2009, 01:05 AM
Not my point, point is that people will say Lebron is only the best because Kobe is too old...I understand what you meant but I still think It's dumb. It's like saying Kobe or LeBron are only the best because Jordan's not around anymore.

nipo10847
10-26-2009, 01:06 AM
Not my point, point is that people will say Lebron is only the best because Kobe is too old...

Kobe has been no where close to LEBRON. Kobes come in every decade, Lebrons come in ages.

nipo10847
10-26-2009, 01:08 AM
He is not an elite defender yet, he is an inconsistent one, he waits for his oppurtunity to get blocks and steals and only plays lockdown d late in the fourth, his defense is overrated. He is a great passer, but in the ECFs, his game looked drastically different; all season long LBJ fans were saying how this was their year and how Lebron finally has the help he needs, in the first 2 rounds of the playoffs, the team looked unbeatable, then Lebron plays against Howard, someone who's had his number for the last 3 years and suddenly he has no help? Lebron needs to work on his decision-making, having a coach who sucks his nut isn't gonna help that part of his game either.

:speechless:

_KB24_
10-26-2009, 01:17 AM
Kobe has been no where close to LEBRON. Kobes come in every decade, Lebrons come in ages.

All I can honestly say after reading this quote is.....

:facepalm:

koreancabbage
10-26-2009, 01:17 AM

i agree with the highlighted points. he is an overrated defender (only b/c you have him as "one of the best") he's not one of the best yet cuz he only plays in the 4th quarter- bring 48 minutes of great defense- then we're talking.

Still i think Lebron can improve his decision making by getting his teammates involved in the playoffs. (his teammates) relied too much on Lebron to deliver and Lebron tried to do it himself. He needs to be a better leader when it comes to those situations.

if he EVER gets a jump shot worthy of being talked about- i've would only be too happy to boast to my grandkids that i saw the greatest player ever play the game in my era. (that also includes Kobe and the last part of Jordan's)

TheKing23
10-26-2009, 01:18 AM

Not an elite defender? He came 2nd in DPOY voting... He waits for his opportunity to get steals and blocks... Errr isn't that what every player in the league does, instead of over playing his man and biting on every pump fake?? He only plays lockdown D in the 4th... I'd rather that than in the 1st, dude can lock his man down whenever he wants. You think it was his fault the Cavs lost in the ECF?? He averaged 38/8/8... The rest of the team choked, he played his heart out and couldn't have done anything more.

Needs to improve his decision making? You're making yourself sound stupid now... Do you even watch the NBA??? He is one of the best decision makers in the game. Choosing when and how to break down his man or finding an open teammate (goes back to my point about him being a great passer).

Typical LeBron hater :facepalm:

NPH
10-26-2009, 01:20 AM

:clap::clap:

nipo10847
10-26-2009, 01:38 AM

Typical homers can't do much.

nipo10847
10-26-2009, 01:40 AM
Lebron is the KING of this game right now and is well projected to be the 2nd best ever behind the games' ultimate genius Micahel Jordan.

ARMIN12NBA
10-26-2009, 02:26 AM

What does this even mean? :laugh:

Analyze decades:

Mikan (50s)
Wilt/Russel (60s)
Kareem (70s)
Magic/Bird (80s)
Jordan (90s)
Kobe (00s)

That is a damn great list to be on.

Lakersfan2483
10-26-2009, 02:30 AM

:laugh2::laugh2: I am going to have to save this quote. How old are you bro?

nipo10847
10-26-2009, 02:42 AM
What does this even mean? :laugh:

Analyze decades:

Mikan (50s)
Wilt/Russel (60s)
Kareem (70s)
Magic/Bird (80s)
Jordan (90s)
Kobe (00s)

That is a damn great list to be on.

THAT MEANs BEFORE 2000 IT'S ALL MICHAEL JORDAN AND AFTER 2000 IT'S ALL ABOUT LEBRON IN THE LONG RUN.

And your list make zero sense. Where does TIM DUNCAN belong??? 3finals mvp, 2 league mvp, 4 titles. WTF!!!! (let alone shaq; people know kobe bcz of shaq)

nipo10847
10-26-2009, 02:44 AM
:laugh2::laugh2: I am going to have to save this quote. How old are you bro?

Enough old NOT to bring kobe in the lebron's discussion. (not as old as derek FISH though...Get it>?? If not then PM me)

sportscrazy34
10-26-2009, 03:10 AM
Hopefully he learned how to man up and shake the other teams hand when they send his butt home?

Bruno
10-26-2009, 03:15 AM
Naturally. Kobe worked with The Dream this summer, I'm sure LeBron used that as motivation to improve his own post game, rightfully so, everyone wants to be at their best.

IDB Josh M
10-26-2009, 03:33 AM
Talk is cheap Lebron ... talk is cheap.

stawka
10-26-2009, 03:34 AM
Wowwwwwwww. I can't believe some of you cats are actually saying LeBron isn't a good defender. Do you guys watch the game of basketball?

Because he waits for the right time to go for a steal or block, that makes him a bad defender? LMAO, are some of you guys 13 or 14? And now he isn't a good decision maker? This is getting too much for me.

Way too much hatred for Wade/LeBron on PSD, this place makes me sick at times.

stawka
10-26-2009, 03:36 AM
Hopefully he learned how to man up and shake the other teams hand when they send his butt home?

These are the sort of comments and clowns that make PSD a bad place. Nice post, keep up the great work :facepalm:

And that was the first facepalm I ever used on PSD - so in case you didn't take it seriously, here it is again :facepalm:

MTar786
10-26-2009, 11:10 AM
lebrons D is highly over rated. i hope he worked on that this off season. lebron only goes for things that show up on stat sheets. he's a stat sheet whore.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-26-2009, 11:23 AM
Thats kinda scary....

ElMarroAfamado
10-26-2009, 11:49 AM
when he can make a jumper twice in a row
then i will consider him among the best players....

ElMarroAfamado
10-26-2009, 11:51 AM
Wowwwwwwww. I can't believe some of you cats are actually saying LeBron isn't a good defender. Do you guys watch the game of basketball?

Because he waits for the right time to go for a steal or block, that makes him a bad defender? LMAO, are some of you guys 13 or 14? And now he isn't a good decision maker? This is getting too much for me.

Way too much hatred for Wade/LeBron on PSD, this place makes me sick at times.

the "love" for lebron james gets me just as sick....
and nobody hates on wade hes great
HE HAS A JUMPSHOT and doesnt rely solely on his dunking/layups to score...

Ace33Bone
10-26-2009, 12:21 PM
He gets better year after year so it is no shock to me that he will be at his best this yearing baring no injuries

mikantsass
10-26-2009, 12:39 PM
If he can shoot a consistant jumper then he can overtake Kobe, until then Kobe is the best in the NBA

Teeboy1487
10-26-2009, 12:46 PM
Good for Lebron. A player of his stature should improve every year while he is still young. However, this belongs in the cavs forum.

wallerstud06
10-26-2009, 03:00 PM
Alright i do not mean any disrespect at all, but there is alot of MORONS!! on this forum. Lebron will go down as a Hall of Famer for sure but he will not touch Kobes or Magic's legacy. First of all people are already starting to write off Kobe like he is dead or at the tail in of his career. You guys have to remember that Kobe was also ahead of his time as far as skill and athletic ability. Remeber him busting up Jerry Stackhouse? and this is when was a very good NBA player. Lebron is a GREAT player that is still young...he is definately going to be an ALL-TIME Great. Top 10 maybe....it all depends on how many championships he win. To be honest i only see him winning two at the most, cause this is still King Kobe league..Then you have Wade, Roy, and that Beast from Orlando name Dwight Howard. Howard will have a better career than James, but not STATS. Lebron will always be chasing Kobe and Magic, not Jordan. So i'm sorry Lebron fans, but your boy will never be in the Top 3 of All-Time and IS NOT the best player in the league today. That still belong to The Black Mamba. Oh yeah Lebron may have had better numbers then Kobe but they were 0-2 and DID NOT dominate against Kobe and The Lakers. Lebron is def not overrated at all, but he is not the best either Lebron was exposed last year. No jumper and inconsistent defense will haunt him. Take away his athleticism or ability to get to the rim.you guys would be all over Wade. A healthy Wade would beat Lebron every time!!!...So people u should learn the game of basketball before post silly comments. All you people hate Kobe guts cause he is a winner and is the closest thing to Jordan. He is a global icon and 4-time champion. and if it wasnt for Kobe in the championship game of the Olympics, the US will be taking home the silver. Alll you haters should watch that game AGAIN!!

SteveNash
10-26-2009, 07:09 PM
LeBron hasn't really ever made huge jumps during the off-season. Last season was probably his biggest jump, but that was more about LeBron having a different mindset entering the season.

When is he going to correct his form and when is he going to have any sort of a low post game?

MrFastBreak
10-26-2009, 08:43 PM
How did Kobe even get into this discussion? I thought it was about LeBron.

Anyway, it is no surprise to me LeBron is gonna be better than last season. He's added to his game every year he's been in the league.

sofargone
10-26-2009, 09:38 PM
lebrons pretty good im not gonna lie

PrettyBoyJ
10-26-2009, 09:56 PM
His Numbers is gonna be crazy but not good enuff to take the ship.. Kobe got tht on lock

Ray_R
10-26-2009, 09:57 PM
:speechless: he better be he got a movie coming out but i really wannac who wins the mvp

jetsfan28
10-26-2009, 09:58 PM
I don't get where this idea that his D is overrated comes from. He doesn't play lockdown D all game because his team doesn't let him, they play him off the strongest player to save his energy, but he locks down the man he is covering (including the other team's best player when it's the 4th quarter).

Raph12
10-26-2009, 10:06 PM
I understand what you meant but I still think It's dumb. It's like saying Kobe or LeBron are only the best because Jordan's not around anymore.

Exactly, because if Jordan (still in his prime) was in the league, Kobe and Lebron wouldn't be the best anymore smartass

wileyisTOFU
10-26-2009, 10:09 PM
I actually like 05-06 LeBron more than 06-07. Slightly worse defensive, I know, but better offensively.
?

Spurred1
10-26-2009, 10:22 PM
How did Kobe even get into this discussion? I thought it was about LeBron.

Anyway, it is no surprise to me LeBron is gonna be better than last season. He's added to his game every year he's been in the league.

Silly rabbit..don't you know that threads about a player morph into Kobe threads?

MrFastBreak
10-26-2009, 11:23 PM
Silly rabbit..don't you know that threads about a player morph into Kobe threads?

LOL, yeah but I didnt think this one was gonna turn into a Kobe thread, I thought it was gonna be all about LeBron, but sadly I thought wrong. I like Kobe, but Im getting tired of people bringing his name up even when the thread isnt about him. This NBA Forum might as well be named the Kobe Forum. :rolleyes: