PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Van Gundy And Marc Jackson Tonight

JiffyMix88
10-23-2009, 11:41 PM
First Marc Jackson was happy we were getting the refs back. Which I didn't understand because I was happy with the new refs cause i thought we weren't gonna have anymore stardom calls or bs call and actually have refs call the game as it is. And then if i have to hear anymore comparison of players please let it be ones that are to the equal level of the next player. Jeff Van Gundy says lamar odom is what scottie pippin was! :mad: I usually like them two but tonight..... :censored:

KG2TB
10-23-2009, 11:57 PM
I know a lot of people like JVG but I personally think he's pretty horrid, aside from a few random funny things he says. Spare me the comic relief, give me some real insight to the game.

J4KOP99
10-23-2009, 11:59 PM
Marc Jackson also claimed the argument could be made that Tyler Hansbrough is the greatest college basketball player of all time.

JVG then asked if he was insane.

jetsfan28
10-24-2009, 12:08 AM
JVG just asked why the Yankees are impressive for winning with an open checkbook. This is a coach whose team gave Allan Houston a max ****ing extension.

J4KOP99
10-24-2009, 12:14 AM
JVG just asked why the Yankees are impressive for winning with an open checkbook. This is a coach whose team gave Allan Houston a max ****ing extension.

Yeah that is pretty dumb of him. He worked in New York and he understands the market. I am very surprised he made that point, a little ridiculous if you ask me.

KG2TB
10-24-2009, 12:17 AM
JVG is filled with ridiculous statements. One would think, we'd all be used to thme by now.

clutchski
10-24-2009, 01:04 AM
Compared to a guy like Steven A. Smith I think these two are great to watch.

Chronz
10-24-2009, 01:26 AM
No to the refs, JVG is a genius, most people are too dumb to understand the context of his words. I highly doubt he said Odom was who Pippen was in a literal sense. Aspects of his game may be similar but nobody is foolish enough to claim Odom is Pippens equal, much less someone with such an advanced understanding of NBA defense.

JiffyMix88
10-24-2009, 01:34 AM
No to the refs, JVG is a genius, most people are too dumb to understand the context of his words. I highly doubt he said Odom was who Pippen was in a literal sense. Aspects of his game may be similar but nobody is foolish enough to claim Odom is Pippens equal, much less someone with such an advanced understanding of NBA defense.

if you watched the la denver game tonight on espn they both said( yes jvg did say that) their statements within the first 5 mins of the game. All im thinkin is please dont let it be a season of dumba** remarks like this.

Chronz
10-24-2009, 01:36 AM
if you watched the la denver game tonight on espn they both said( yes jvg did say that) their statements within the first 5 mins of the game. All im thinkin is please dont let it be a season of dumba** remarks like this.

How he said it is what matters, how was it brought up?

JiffyMix88
10-24-2009, 01:39 AM
How he said it is what matters, how was it brought up?

he was talking about them resigning odom and how good odom is and he said something along the lines of the lakers r lucky to have a player like scottie pippin that could start anywhere in the league come off their bench... and after two of these comments with in 2 mins of eachother i said f this and turned it to family guy

Buccaneer
10-24-2009, 01:42 AM
They were terrible. I mean TERRIBLE. Those conversations about Hansbrough and MLB made me want to change then channel. I'm watching basketball for basketball commentary.

JiffyMix88
10-24-2009, 01:43 AM
They were terrible. I mean TERRIBLE. Those conversations about Hansbrough and MLB made me want to change then channel. I'm watching basketball for basketball commentary.

lol lets just hope its just a warm up for the regular season

Buccaneer
10-24-2009, 01:45 AM
lol lets just hope its just a warm up for the regular season

we can only hope.:facepalm:

USMCLaker
10-24-2009, 08:08 AM
Compared to a guy like Steven A. Smith I think these two are great to watch.

Steven A. Smith is more entertaining than most commentators I don't understand the hate from many fans.

Fool
10-24-2009, 08:30 AM
First Marc Jackson was happy we were getting the refs back. Which I didn't understand because I was happy with the new refs cause i thought we weren't gonna have anymore stardom calls or bs call and actually have refs call the game as it is. And then if i have to hear anymore comparison of players please let it be ones that are to the equal level of the next player. Jeff Van Gundy says lamar odom is what scottie pippin was! :mad: I usually like them two but tonight..... :censored:

a sidekick to a very top tier player?

TheKing23
10-24-2009, 09:31 AM
Some of the stuff that comes out of JVG's mouth is pure garbage, but he can come out with some funny comments. I think his problem is he tries to be edgy and controversial with his comments and sometimes doesn't even believe them himself.

I've come to disregard most things he say's during a broadcast. When he said he could name an entire team of UCLA players that had better college careers than Tyler Hansborough... :facepalm:

PBG
10-24-2009, 10:27 AM
gundy and jackson are ****ing hilarious. they can make a boring game fun.

Chronz
10-24-2009, 11:28 AM
lol I bet something was lost in translation cuz I know he doesnt think that of Odom. I wish JVG would post here, he does such a good job of defending his statements on the radio and I have no doubt he would own each and every one of you

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-24-2009, 11:30 AM
JVG's hella funny

Bruno
10-24-2009, 08:01 PM

Agreed.