PDA

View Full Version : Is David West really an "all-star?"

Toenail Clipper
10-23-2009, 11:49 AM
My opinion, no.
There are other notable players out there that aren't even all-stars yet like Deron Williams.

Whats your opinion about this "all-star?"

Chronz
10-23-2009, 12:22 PM
No hes not an All-Star, and no CP3 doesnt transform him into a great player

Raph12
10-23-2009, 12:39 PM
No and I don't think it's very debatable, alot of guys were snubbed who rightfully deserved it, people voting need to smarten up.

HouRealCoach
10-23-2009, 12:43 PM
He can be if he's consistent(anyone can) but no

Grizzly Adams
10-23-2009, 12:45 PM
Solid player, but he just isn't on the same level as the All Star caliber players.

Chronz
10-23-2009, 12:59 PM
Just so we're clear, West didnt snub Deron

b_russ
10-23-2009, 01:07 PM
There's a bunch of guys who were more worthy and others that are debatable.

Deron Williams
Al Jefferson
Kevin Durant
Rudy Gay
Lamar Odom
Kevin Martin
Monta Ellis
Stephen Jackson

I know some of these are guards, but still it's hard to believe West was on the team and some of these guys were left off.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
10-23-2009, 01:45 PM
Hell no

Chronz
10-23-2009, 02:17 PM
There's a bunch of guys who were more worthy and others that are debatable.

Deron Williams
Al Jefferson
Kevin Durant
Rudy Gay
Lamar Odom
Kevin Martin
Monta Ellis
Stephen Jackson

I know some of these are guards, but still it's hard to believe West was on the team and some of these guys were left off.
If you know they are G's then why are you including them? And No to the bold

Toenail Clipper
10-23-2009, 02:27 PM
Yeah for two years I've seen him in the All-Star game and I was wondering who the hell was he because he hasn't really made an impact and he's not that popular.

JordansBulls
10-23-2009, 02:45 PM
David West is an allstar as much as Mo Williams is one.

Chronz
10-23-2009, 02:49 PM
I agree with you on that one friend

Ironman5219
10-23-2009, 02:54 PM
Compared to Deron Williams, no he's not an all star... but for his position PF i see him like a Boozer, so for his position I'm ok with him being an all star but you all are right there are others that should be ahead of him.

smith&wesson
10-23-2009, 03:06 PM
amare
al jef

should be the 4s on the all star team in the west.

scola is not an all star but i even like him better then west.

Toenail Clipper
10-23-2009, 03:28 PM
David West is an allstar as much as Mo Williams is one.

And Jameer Nelson.
*Sigh

MTone8788
10-23-2009, 03:28 PM
Yes, he was a 2008 and 2009 all star.

Giaps
10-23-2009, 03:29 PM
No, and is Mo Williams an all-star? Hell no.

The whole all-star thing hasn't meant a thing for years. The fan voting sucks (see Yi Jianlian) and they award the 2-3 best players on the best teams in the league (see Mo Williams, Jameer Nelson).

They should just pick the best players regardless of record. If the Heat are near dead last and Wade doesn't make the fan voting, you really think the coaches won't vote him in?

Spurred1
10-23-2009, 03:32 PM
^Coaches have more sense than the fans when it comes to selecting all stars.

TheKing23
10-23-2009, 03:42 PM
He puts up all-star numbers so why not?

pebloemer
10-23-2009, 04:06 PM
Yes, he was a 2008 and 2009 all star.

Ding ding ding!

Sometimes there are "all-stars of circumstance." Injuries, off-seasons, poor team records or good teammates can impact how any player is viewed. These are all circumstances that affect all-star voting. If all those factors were on an even playing field for all players, I don't think he would have made it, but the reality is they are a part of the equation.

My vote definitely would have been for Jefferson last year. West is good enough to be a borderline all-star in this league, and borderline all-stars will make an all-star game or a few. He will never be a perennial all-star though. But he is good enough to get in, depending on the context of the year.

dtmagnet
10-23-2009, 04:15 PM
Not even close.

Giaps
10-23-2009, 04:20 PM
^Coaches have more sense than the fans when it comes to selecting all stars.
Yea a lot more. THey should do away with the whole fan voting or change the way it works. The ballots come out so damn early that there's no way you can give an educated vote on who should make it. And they assume which players should be on the ballot. Better to just wait till a month or 2 before, make a new ballot with only players that deserve to be on there and not include stars that are injured the entire year. How can you justify being an all-star and playing 40 games all year?

Hellcrooner
10-23-2009, 04:27 PM
basically dirk, pau, jeff , stou and timmy d should all be on the team.
so i dont realy see how he should make it.

and im leaving out people like aldrige

Hellcrooner
10-23-2009, 04:28 PM
He puts up all-star numbers so why not?

then reserve a place for zach randolphs numbers.

MackSnackWrap
10-23-2009, 04:48 PM
Not an all star

static_inferno
10-23-2009, 04:53 PM
no, all-overrated team, however, yes.

JasonJohnHorn
10-23-2009, 05:00 PM
David West is an All-Star. Regardless of how one might evaluate his play (which is a subjective matter), West DID play on the All-Star team and WAS selected by coaches to play. He IS an All-Star, there isn't even room to debate this, it is a quantifiable fact.

He's a double-double player, gets 20+ points a game, has a solid post game and decent mid-range jumper, has a high field-goal percentage and a high free-throw percentage. And it isn't his fault that Deron Williams plays in a conference that is deep with poitn guards (Baron Davis, Chris Paul, Steve Nash, Chauncy Billups, Jason Kidd, and Tony Parker). As for other forwards in the west, Dirk, Duncan, Boozer and Amare are the only power forwards who put up numbers better than West, and Boozer and Amare were both injured last year. In the East, Bosh and Garnett are the only forwards who put up numbers like West. So if the question is "Did West deserve a spot on the All-Star team", my answer would be yes. If the question is "Is West an All-Star", the only answer is yes.

dwadefan03
10-23-2009, 05:18 PM
^good post. David West is not even in the least bit overrated. its hard to find a PF that can post up, has a GREAT midrange game, can score 20+ a night and get you 9 reb all the while shooting a high percentage. You guys wouldnt be saying half the things you are now if he was on your team. Maybe West isnt a perennial allstar but the dudes a stud

TheKing23
10-23-2009, 05:46 PM
then reserve a place for zach randolphs numbers.

Oh what and his 43% fg shooting??

Young and Stupid
10-23-2009, 06:05 PM
No, and is Mo Williams an all-star? Hell no.

The whole all-star thing hasn't meant a thing for years. The fan voting sucks (see Yi Jianlian) and they award the 2-3 best players on the best teams in the league (see Mo Williams, Jameer Nelson).

They should just pick the best players regardless of record. If the Heat are near dead last and Wade doesn't make the fan voting, you really think the coaches won't vote him in?

Come on. There is no doubt that Yi is the best PF in the league. I mean his post presense, his thick body, his ability to finish and take it to the rim hard and most of all his relentless D. West is overrated IMO, no he is not an all-star, he is similar to the way K-Mart was promoted as an all-star because he had a great distributing point guard (Kidd) on his team.

Tyreke
10-23-2009, 06:32 PM
I really think he is vastly overrated and is not an all star player

Vinny642
10-23-2009, 09:42 PM
He was, but not no more.

Ray_R
10-23-2009, 10:19 PM
He was, but not no more.

agree simple to the point