Derrick Rose
Al Thornton

Team 2 gets:

Pau Gasol
Brandon Roy
Brook Lopez

kEviN21
10-22-2009, 03:32 PM
Team one by far. I'm not sold on Lopez and believe even scrub centers can get close to what he gets. (And when it's close, it's not good)

Tribe
10-22-2009, 03:35 PM
Team 1

meiklwhite
10-22-2009, 04:35 PM
Team 2!

And I think it's not even close.

kEviN21
10-22-2009, 05:39 PM
Lebron is irreplaceable. He scores 20-40 each night, gives 4-10 assists, gets 4-12 rebounds, gets fg's, ft's, 3's, and even blocks. Derrick Rose is good for 20, 10. Thornton is washed up I would drop him and I bet there are plenty of decent free agents with more upside.

Gasol gets you rebounds and points, but you could find that easily. Brandon Roy is like a mini fantasy Lebron, but all smaller figures. Lopez is good for 15,10, also replaceable.

meiklwhite
10-22-2009, 10:39 PM
Lebron is irreplaceable. He scores 20-40 each night, gives 4-10 assists, gets 4-12 rebounds, gets fg's, ft's, 3's, and even blocks. Derrick Rose is good for 20, 10. Thornton is washed up I would drop him and I bet there are plenty of decent free agents with more upside.

Gasol gets you rebounds and points, but you could find that easily. Brandon Roy is like a mini fantasy Lebron, but all smaller figures. Lopez is good for 15,10, also replaceable.

1. rose will not get 20 and 10. furthermore, he is a pg that doesn't get a lot of steals and NO threes at all. he is very overrated.

2. gasol and lopez are two of the best all-around fantasy-bigmen in the game. both shoot a great ft% and gasol even gets 3-4 assissts a game. lopez will also be among the league leaders in blocks.

3. yes, lebron is irreplaceable. but in this package, exspecially in a roto-system, you have to go with the second team.

kEviN21
10-23-2009, 02:59 AM
1. Derrick Rose:
Last Year
Pts 16.8
Reb 3.9
Ast 6.3

I think this year with Ben Gordon gone he will get more points and assists. Not necessarily 20,10 but probably 19,8 or anywhere near that.

2. Having Gasol and Lopez vs Lebron will not necessarily help you win weekly. I'd rather have Lebron and a decent center like Murphy or Biedrins or Nene.

3. Lebron, filler center, and Rose will outdo:
Gasol, Roy, Lopez

It does depend on your team though so it could go both ways. Good luck this year. Monster team if you have say... Wade/CP3 + Lebron :D

meiklwhite
10-23-2009, 03:48 AM
you have to remember that every player that is not in that deal would have to be added to both sides of the trade.

so if you speculate with

rose/lebron/murphy

you would have to compare that to

roy/gasol/lopez/murphy

the fact is, that the quality of your roster rises with the second package, because you add 2 2nd-rounders (gasol and roy) and a 3rd-rounder (lopez) for lebron and a 4th or 5th rounder in rose.

but as you said, it obviously depends on the team. ;)

BosoxPapi61
10-24-2009, 11:41 AM
Here is my team

10 team league, head to head

PG Joe Johnson (Atl - PG,SG,SF)
SG Nate Robinson (NY - PG,SG)
G Derrick Rose (Chi - PG)
SF LeBron James (Cle - SF)
PF Antawn Jamison (Was - SF,PF)INJ
F LaMarcus Aldridge (Por - PF,C)
C Andrea Bargnani (Tor - PF,C)
C Andrew Bynum (LAL - C)
Util Anthony Randolph (GS - PF)
Util Blake Griffin (LAC - SF,PF)
BN Courtney Lee (NJ - SG,SF)
BN Tracy McGrady (Hou - SG,SF)
BN Al Thornton (LAC - SF,PF)

I have a waiver claim in that is dropping Lee and picking up Jason Thompson

meiklwhite
10-24-2009, 03:31 PM
what are the categories?
do you count TOs?

I don't see you winning Assissts anyway, and that is the one category in which the lebron-package is really much better.

with gasol and lopez on this team you become quite dominant in rebounds and blocks.

your ft% should also be quite good, since all of your big men shoot them quite well. At the same time, all those perimeter-oriented big men (jamison, bargnani, aldridge, anthony) shoot a sub-par percentage from the field. Gasol, Lopez and Roy would be a real upgrade in that category over james and rose.

So I stay with Team 2.

BosoxPapi61
10-24-2009, 08:07 PM
Gm
fg%
fta
ftm
ft%
3ptm
pts
reb
ast
st
blk
to

kEviN21
10-25-2009, 02:12 AM
Your team with Gasol and Lopez is heavy at rebounds and blocks but light on scoring/pretty much the stuff LBJ does. It's a little more balanced now I'd say.

meiklwhite
10-25-2009, 02:44 AM
Gm
fg%
fta
ftm
ft%
3ptm
pts
reb
ast
st
blk
to

that makes things more difficult, Freethrows count thrice and Lebron and Rose shoot and make a lot of them...

Assuming that you start all three new aquisitions and bench nate robinson (which is what I would do, because he is only good for ast and 3s and you won't win those cats anyway)

You basically have to punt ast and threes with that team and maybe even steals.

So that leaves you with fg%, fta, ftm, ft%, reb, blk, pts and to.

Now if you swap James/Rose/Robinson for Roy/Gasol/Lopez, you will be better in fg%, reb, blk and to, worse in fta, ftm and pts. Ft% probably depends on rose's development but should stay roughly the same. If everyone shoots last year's percentage, it is also in favour of the roy-package.

I have no experience with leagues counting ftm and fta so I am not sure about this anymore...

I still tend to go with roy/gasol/lopez because I always like to have the injury risk distributed to more players.

I think you should evaluate if you can regularly win the ftm and fta categories in your league and wheter that changes if you do the trade.

BosoxPapi61
10-25-2009, 09:42 AM
Well I rejected that trade but I did make this trade

I get:
Chuncey Billups
Andre Iguadola

He gets:
Joe Johnson

I drop:
Courtney Lee

meiklwhite
10-25-2009, 11:23 AM
Well I rejected that trade but I did make this trade

I get:
Chuncey Billups
Andre Iguadola

He gets:
Joe Johnson

I drop:
Courtney Lee

WOW
can't be a very good league if people make trades like that...

BosoxPapi61
11-07-2009, 12:03 PM
I get

Deron Williams
Durant
Devin Harris
Josh Smith
Rudy Gay

I give

Bosh
Chris Paul
Bargani