PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: W/ Oct. 31 extension deadline looming, Grizz haven't made offer to Rudy Gay

DenButsu
10-22-2009, 05:23 AM
Yahoo Sports (http://twitter.com/YahooSportsNBA/status/5057317020):

Memphis and Rudy Gay have gotten nowhere on extension talks with Oct. 31 deadline looming. Grizz haven't even made an offer, source says.

JordansBulls
10-22-2009, 07:56 AM
Maybe they should trade him to Houston for Mcgrady?

DenButsu
10-22-2009, 10:24 AM
Are they really not up on him? Or are they just trying to drive a hard bargain?

Kakaroach
10-22-2009, 10:27 AM
Portland did it with Aldridge and Roy. I just don't see why they haven't even made an offer yet, that in itself is a joke. Gay deserves the money, so pay uppp Grizz.

Hellcrooner
10-22-2009, 10:42 AM
and they are doing the right thing.

that dude is proably the most overated plaer in the league.

he can... score

and score

and score too

all of it with a lot of shots and a ot of bad shots and withouth caring to look for any open teamate.

he is a zach randolph, hopefully they will fight against each other because of the number of shots and both get traded

Storch
10-22-2009, 11:23 AM
Thats cuz he's going to the lakers for a sign and trade, morrison farmar for gay. YEs!

-Kobe24-TJ19-
10-22-2009, 11:28 AM
Thats cuz he's going to the lakers for a sign and trade, morrison farmar for gay. YEs!

Yikes!

DenButsu
10-22-2009, 11:28 AM
and they are doing the right thing.

that dude is proably the most overated plaer in the league.

he can... score

and score

and score too

all of it with a lot of shots and a ot of bad shots and withouth caring to look for any open teamate.

he is a zach randolph, hopefully they will fight against each other because of the number of shots and both get traded

I don't really agree with that assessment. I think it's more a case of him having an unbalanced - or maybe non position-specific - skill set, which introduces some matchup problems on either end. Short version of what I mean is that offensively he excels in the shooting guard position, but he's at his best defensively when guarding small forwards.

Now AI, whose dynamics could draw some comparisons, will be on the same team. Hollins will have to be a rotations genius this season.

Ace33Bone
10-22-2009, 11:32 AM

Wishful thinking

Chronz
10-22-2009, 11:46 AM
I dont know why but every time I watch him play defense, I come away thinking hes not as bad as advertised he piles up the STL/BLK, but at the end of the day his teams are disgustingly better defensively when hes not on the court, and I always hear people trashing his defensive stance. So Id agree that hes overrated based on his #'s, the worst part is that his stats arent even good. He was basically a glorified Von Wafer last year.

Apparently hes a very lazy player, I was disappointed with his season, he should improve, but he doesnt seem the type to play hard unless his team is decent. Maybe years of losing has taken its toll on him already I dont know, but when hes on his A game, there are few better midrange shooters, and a decent slasher, and I still think he can be a good defender in the right system.

Bad year for the 2006 class I suppose

Verbal Christ
10-22-2009, 05:48 PM
we'll trade you battier for gay :up:

TheKing23
10-22-2009, 06:04 PM
The guy would be a good second/third option on a contending team. If he is only required to score, grab a few boards and get a few steals then he's a good player.

He's by no means a franchise player or number one option on a team, and maybe he thinks he is and is deserving of a $15 million a year contract. He's worth $10-12 million max.

Stunner
10-22-2009, 06:21 PM
If Rudy Gay Becomes a free agent a team i think he may go 2 and should go 2 is da kings

Evans
Martin
Gay
Thompson
Hawes

dats nice for da future.

Stunner
10-22-2009, 06:22 PM
Maybe they should trade him to Houston for Mcgrady?

Dey shouldnt have traded him in da first place.

TheKing23
10-22-2009, 07:36 PM
If Rudy Gay Becomes a free agent on team i think he may go 2 and should is da kings

Evans
Martin
Gay
Thompson
Hawes

dats nice for da future.

That first sentence hurt my brain.

IRUAM #21
10-22-2009, 07:37 PM
That first sentence hurt my brain.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

MiamiHeat
10-22-2009, 07:41 PM
If Rudy Gay Becomes a free agent on team i think he may go 2 and should is da kings

Evans
Martin
Gay
Thompson
Hawes

dats nice for da future.

wut??

sofargone
10-22-2009, 07:41 PM
if they dont offer him an extension what happens?

DenButsu
10-22-2009, 07:52 PM
if they dont offer him an extension what happens?

He becomes a free agent next summer. I'd assume restricted, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

D Roses Bulls
10-22-2009, 07:58 PM

nope. he'll be traded to the bulls for Hinrich. then the bulls will sign bosh and amare in FA and have a line up of:

rose
gay
deng
bosh
amare

champions baby.........

i know its not going to happen, but its going on 11 years and i miss the phrase world champion chicago bulls

D Roses Bulls
10-22-2009, 07:58 PM
He becomes a free agent next summer. I'd assume restricted, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

yeah, he becomes a restricted FA then

blazerman
10-22-2009, 08:22 PM
He reminds me of a young Bonzi Wells, I wouldnt give him an extension either until you see how he does with some more talent around him, we'll see what happens with his scoring average with Randoph and AI in the mix and see if he can bring his game up in other area's.

For those of you that think the Bonzi comparision is way off, well you'd be dead wrong Bonzi tore it up fro the Blazers for a few yrs on crappy teams but didnt do much later on with some better teams and he never brougth his game to another level in any other area.

Gay is a Bonzi deadringer right now but he could change my opinion if he improves his game in other area's this yr, smart move by the Grizzlies.

The Grizzlies FO office is suspect in negotiations and decision making (Gasol and Randolph dealings, Randolph ended up being the Kwame expiring contract, OUCH). I think the Griz oughta let the rest of the teams determine his value then decide on if thay want to match. I was surprised they didnt just throw him a max contract with Wallace running the show (definitely isnt worth that, but that's what I would have expected him to do,haha

Chronz
10-22-2009, 08:24 PM
When were Bonzi's best years and what was the Blazers record?

D Roses Bulls
10-22-2009, 08:40 PM

bonzis best years was with the kings when he single handily took then to be champion spurs to 7 games in the first round

Stunner
10-22-2009, 08:58 PM
wut??

my bad guys i was in a rush. :D

VCaintdead17
10-22-2009, 09:09 PM
The guy would be a good second/third option on a contending team. If he is only required to score, grab a few boards and get a few steals then he's a good player.

He's by no means a franchise player or number one option on a team, and maybe he thinks he is and is deserving of a $15 million a year contract. He's worth $10-12 million max.

And that is what he will be if he stays with the Grizzlies. That's the reason they got Mayo; to lead the way and have Gay backing him up.

TheKing23
10-22-2009, 09:16 PM
And that is what he will be if he stays with the Grizzlies. That's the reason they got Mayo; to lead the way and have Gay backing him up.

They're not a contending team though... He needs a bigger more experienced player for him to understand he isn't THE guy. He thinks he is on the Grizzlies and that's why he's demanding more money.

Kakaroach
10-22-2009, 09:38 PM
nope. he'll be traded to the bulls for Hinrich. then the bulls will sign bosh and amare in FA and have a line up of:

rose
gay
deng
bosh
amare

champions baby.........

i know its not going to happen, but its going on 11 years and i miss the phrase world champion chicago bulls Oh yeah? Well its been....Oh wait the Jazz have never won a championship...

D Roses Bulls
10-22-2009, 09:44 PM
Oh yeah? Well its been....Oh wait the Jazz have never won a championship...

you can thank michael jordan for that :)

Kakaroach
10-22-2009, 09:45 PM
you can thank michael jordan for that :) Why yes, yes I can....:mad: Anywho, the Grizz should make sure they don't lose Gay.

what54!?
10-22-2009, 09:45 PM
and some team will snatch him up next summer withome overpaid contract. Knew he wouldn't stay with the grizzles for long

DenButsu
10-22-2009, 09:49 PM
Oh yeah? Well its been....Oh wait the Jazz have never won a championship...

Yeah, no kidding - cry me a river, JB. :laugh2:

You've had your turn(s). Now you must go to the back of the line! :no:

Toenail Clipper
10-22-2009, 10:33 PM
Camby or Thonrton for Gay!

blazerman
10-22-2009, 10:38 PM

Bonzi served some crappy Blazer teams and did really good ,similar to Rudy Gay's #'s. Bonzi still did good on better teams but wasnt worth huge money.

Here's some stats from some yrs, but he was constant on his numbers every yr, they

in 99/2000 Bonzi averaged 13.4 min 8.8ppg on a stacked blazer team. 58wins
2000/2001 12.7 ppg playoffs 12.3ppg 1.5 steals 52wins
2001/2002 17.0ppg 6.0reb 3.8 assists 1.6 steals playoffs 19.0ppg 6.9reb 1.8s 50wins
2002/2003 15.2ppg
2003/2004 12plus
2004/2005 13.6ppg
2005/2006 13.7ppg 7.7reb 1.8 steals then a ridiculous playoff series against the Spurs 23.2ppg 12.1rebs 2steals

Like I said he is similar to Rudy Gay in #s on bad teams but he did good on good teams as well but he wasnt ever worth big money.
I think Rudy is a good player but overpaying him could hurt Memphis, he's a damn good player but the Grizzlies need to play this card right with Marc Gasol and OJ Mayo coming up soon as well.