PDA

View Full Version : Mavericks with Prime Jason Kidd instead of older Jason Kidd, how good would they be?

JordansBulls
10-21-2009, 11:24 AM
How good would the Mavericks be with a Prime Jason Kidd right now instead of an old Jason Kidd?

Would they challenge the Lakers in the West for the best record and in the playoffs?

Lineup
PG Kidd
SG Howard
SF Marion
PF Dirk
C Dampier

I used the Mavs instead of teams like the Cavs or spurs simply because the Cavs and spurs are already considered elite and title contenders even though they may have guys not in their primes anymore.

jimbobjarree
10-21-2009, 11:26 AM
all the Mavs did to their fringe playoff team was add an aged Marion who is overated these days and only suited to an uptempo style of play...why has everyone suddenly got a hard on for them?

Ace33Bone
10-21-2009, 11:27 AM
I think that they would at the least they would make it to the WCF and i can really see them winning the championship

Gibby23
10-21-2009, 11:28 AM
Who cares. The season starts in a week and we are discussing stuff like what if Wilt was still alive and in his prime on the Lakers, how good would the Lakers be?

Ace33Bone
10-21-2009, 11:29 AM
all the Mavs did to their fringe playoff team was add an aged Marion who is overated these days and only suited to an uptempo style of play...why has everyone suddenly got a hard on for them?

They also picked up Drew Gooden who is not a world beater by any means but he still will ad some front court depth to this team which was an area that they were really lacking in... I still pick them to finish 3 or 4 in the west but I do feel they will be right in the thick of things come end of the year

hahahaha
10-21-2009, 12:04 PM

i agree. marion wont make that much of a difference and dallas still lacks a dominant inside presence. How are they gonna handle Oden, Bynum, Boozer, Duncan, Stoudemire, etc etc when they make it to the playoffs? They won't be able to...

Raph12
10-21-2009, 12:07 PM
Lose to the Lakers/Spurs in the second round just like they will this year.

asmarks18
10-21-2009, 12:21 PM

Are you kidding? Marion with Kidd in just a couple of pre season games has been amazing. And Gooden is going to start over Dampier btw and he has also looked solid in the pre season. For us to be successful Josh Howard must remain healthy. If we have a healthy Josh for the entire year you need to watch out because we have the depth and a solid core players on this team to make a run at this thing. And just adding an "aged marion" we will be more of a contender and win more games than your Jazz pal. I predict the Mavs to finish 3rd and West and get beat by the Lakers in the WCF. This team is loaded with expiring contracts too so watch for Cuban to deal for an all-star or border line all-star at the deadline. Most likely a center.

Kidd, Howard, Matrix, Dirk, Gooden

Barea, Terry, Ross, Thomas, Singleton, Dampier, Beaubois and Humphries.

that is a solid team and will give teams a run for their money this season. And most of you don't see it because you buy into the **** the media tells you. Mavs could have the best bench in the league this season. Last time we had this much depth we went to the finals.

MTar786
10-21-2009, 12:59 PM
^^^^ LOL @ best bench in the league this season

asmarks18
10-21-2009, 01:01 PM
^^^^ LOL @ best bench in the league this season

Based of the way the guys have played this pre season and the talent they have yeah they're the best. And they have the sixth man of the year. Name a bench that has that many solid players on it? Don't even say the Lakers because that's a joke of an answer. Having Lamar Odom and Jordan Farmar on the bench doesn't give you the most depth in the league. Cavs and Magic are the only other teams that I will say could have a better bench but if that is the case then the Mavs atleast have the most depth in the west. Guys like Singleton, Beaubois and Humphries go under the radar but they will be those guys who brings hustle and athleticism to every game. Just cuz they aren't sexy names doesn't mean that they aren't talented and can't bring something to the team.

DerekRE_3
10-21-2009, 01:16 PM
They would be....wait for it....

Better.

MTone8788
10-21-2009, 03:10 PM
Based of the way the guys have played this pre season and the talent they have yeah they're the best. And they have the sixth man of the year. Name a bench that has that many solid players on it? Don't even say the Lakers because that's a joke of an answer. Having Lamar Odom and Jordan Farmar on the bench doesn't give you the most depth in the league. Cavs and Magic are the only other teams that I will say could have a better bench but if that is the case then the Mavs atleast have the most depth in the west. Guys like Singleton, Beaubois and Humphries go under the radar but they will be those guys who brings hustle and athleticism to every game. Just cuz they aren't sexy names doesn't mean that they aren't talented and can't bring something to the team.

So... you think some guys have sexy names? :facepalm:

IRUAM #21
10-21-2009, 03:16 PM
So... you think some guys have sexy names? :facepalm:

Luc Richard Mbah a Moute :drool:

Raph12
10-21-2009, 03:22 PM

"Based of the way the guys have played this pre season and the talent they have" Orlando has the deepest team in the league, 6-0 in preseason, while resting a couple of their starters every games. Where did you get the notion that Dallas is deeper than Orlando or San Antonio?

BenFrank
10-21-2009, 03:30 PM
JB u must be makeing some good money on this forum.. U never run out of topics, I'm not trying to bash u! But sometime's I see the title of the thread.. and I say to myself " I bet JB created this thread" I've been right like 3 time's in a row now.. that's why i decided to say something.. U have over 32,000 post.. u have to be getting paid in some form or way, you have over 32,000 facts and opinions.. lmao

Broncos@Denver
10-21-2009, 03:40 PM
They would contend with the lakers

smith&wesson
10-21-2009, 04:01 PM
they would still really suck inside the paint. dampier has put a big cloud over theyre success. he really sux the bag.

asmarks18
10-21-2009, 04:05 PM
"Based of the way the guys have played this pre season and the talent they have" Orlando has the deepest team in the league, 6-0 in preseason, while resting a couple of their starters every games. Where did you get the notion that Dallas is deeper than Orlando or San Antonio?

I corrected my self saying the Magic were loaded. But the Spurs??? Give me a ****ing break dude. Our bench is the reason we beat them in the playoffs. Is Ginobli coming off that bench or starting? Either way though we have more overall depth than San Antonio. Our guys are also younger, more athletic and versatile.

asmarks18
10-21-2009, 04:06 PM
But back to the main topic if this team had Kidd from the early 2000's with this squad we would contend with the Lakers. Maybe even win it all.

bigsams50
10-21-2009, 04:14 PM
They would be....wait for it....

Better.

your sig is awesome lmfao

JWO35
10-21-2009, 04:18 PM
They would be in the same position they are in now.....

Gibby23
10-21-2009, 04:31 PM
And what if Jimmy Jackson and Jamal Mashburn came back to the Mavs in their prime?

futureman
10-21-2009, 04:34 PM
Who cares about kidd why doesn't he just retire already? He takes up way too much salary from better players that actually deserve the money.

Mavrix
10-21-2009, 07:17 PM
Who cares about kidd why doesn't he just retire already? He takes up way too much salary from better players that actually deserve the money.You can't argue that Kidd isn't a top 10 PG in the league, because he is.

He's still one of the best past first PG's with great court vision in the league. The best rebounding PG in the league, and one of the greatest leaders in the NBA.

jimbobjarree
10-21-2009, 07:28 PM
we will be more of a contender and win more games than your Jazz pal.

ewwwww...dont call me pal

NPH
10-21-2009, 07:31 PM
Lakers with a 12 ft Kobe. How good would they be?

Strumpy
10-21-2009, 07:41 PM

Almost as good as the Cavs with a 500 lbs Lebron.

asmarks18
10-21-2009, 07:41 PM

lmao. 82-0

Kakaroach
10-21-2009, 08:13 PM
all the Mavs did to their fringe playoff team was add an aged Marion who is overated these days and only suited to an uptempo style of play...why has everyone suddenly got a hard on for them? x2 They have become so over-rated just because of Marion. If they got Gortat, then I would understand but instead they had to settle for Drew Gooden. Their still a good team, just over-hyped.

MTar786
10-21-2009, 08:28 PM
i would take orlandos bench, san antonios bench, boston and LA's bench over a dallas bench. but thats just me. (gortat would have put them in the elite bench category)

it doesnt mean i dont think dallas will be good this year. i think they'll be either the 3rd or 4th seed in the west.

JJ_JKidd
10-21-2009, 11:08 PM
JB u must be makeing some good money on this forum.. U never run out of topics, I'm not trying to bash u! But sometime's I see the title of the thread.. and I say to myself " I bet JB created this thread" I've been right like 3 time's in a row now.. that's why i decided to say something.. U have over 32,000 post.. u have to be getting paid in some form or way, you have over 32,000 facts and opinions.. lmao

Hes the Mod. Hes job is to make this forum "alive." Gots no problem with that.

Who cares about kidd why doesn't he just retire already? He takes up way too much salary from better players that actually deserve the money.

You dont care about him bec youre prolly just 12 years old and didnt see his greatness. And one more, hes the best PG in the last ten years accdg to Yahoo.

Going to the question, the main problem that the "Finals Nets" team had before was that it had very poor half court offense. Its strengths are in defense (with Kittles and Kidd at the wing and KMart at the post) that would translate to insane fastbreaks. Right now,,, maybe better than the present Mavs but not yet enough to contend with the Lakers IMHO. WCF lock I think if they add like a healthy Chandler.

So..

Kidd (prime)
JHow
Marion
Dirk
Chandler

Spurred1
10-21-2009, 11:32 PM
i would take orlandos bench, san antonios bench, boston and LA's bench over a dallas bench. but thats just me. (gortat would have put them in the elite bench category)

it doesnt mean i dont think dallas will be good this year. i think they'll be either the 3rd or 4th seed in the west.

Gortat would have started and Dump would have come off the bench. :(

b_rad23
10-21-2009, 11:43 PM
I corrected my self saying the Magic were loaded. But the Spurs??? Give me a ****ing break dude. Our bench is the reason we beat them in the playoffs. Is Ginobli coming off that bench or starting? Either way though we have more overall depth than San Antonio. Our guys are also younger, more athletic and versatile.

Hill-Barea/Beaubois
Manu-Terry
Finley/Bogans-Tim Thomas/Ross
Blair-Humphries
Bonner/Ratliff- Dampier

Tell me where this youth and athleticism advantage is? And the depth?

I gotta say, I like Hill much more than Barea/Beaubois (who could end up being something down the line). I like Manu much more than Terry. I like Finley and Bogans over Thomas and Ross (not by a ton, but Thomas isn't exactly impressive). I like Blair over HUmphries and I like Bonner and Ratliff over Dampier.

So...that's all five positions....and I'm not even a Spurs fan.

MTone8788
10-22-2009, 07:34 AM
How good would the nba teams be if the players on the teams were better than they are?

OR... OR!!!! in their prime.

how good eh?

JordansBulls
10-22-2009, 04:26 PM
Hes the Mod. Hes job is to make this forum "alive." Gots no problem with that.

You dont care about him bec youre prolly just 12 years old and didnt see his greatness. And one more, hes the best PG in the last ten years accdg to Yahoo.

Going to the question, the main problem that the "Finals Nets" team had before was that it had very poor half court offense. Its strengths are in defense (with Kittles and Kidd at the wing and KMart at the post) that would translate to insane fastbreaks. Right now,,, maybe better than the present Mavs but not yet enough to contend with the Lakers IMHO. WCF lock I think if they add like a healthy Chandler.

So..

Kidd (prime)
JHow
Marion
Dirk
Chandler

How would they get Chandler?

Toenail Clipper
10-22-2009, 04:39 PM

I would trade Dirk for Chandler
HAHA

JJ_JKidd
10-22-2009, 09:34 PM

The thread is talking about "ifs." I was referring to if Kidd was in his prime with these Mavs team they would need Chandler. Im not referring to the NBA right now.

D Blue987
10-22-2009, 09:49 PM
uhhh ya, benches aside Dallas is going to be a decent team at best. 5or 6 seed but they will be blasted when they play the Lakers or SA.

blazerman
10-23-2009, 01:41 AM

I actually agree with you 100%, he aint s**t.

Oh what about that stiff Drew Gooden, somehow he's the new big thing in Dallas, excuse me for a minute, bahahahahaha, ok Im back.

blazerman
10-23-2009, 01:43 AM
They also picked up Drew Gooden who is not a world beater by any means but he still will ad some front court depth to this team which was an area that they were really lacking in... I still pick them to finish 3 or 4 in the west but I do feel they will be right in the thick of things come end of the year

They should find themselves right in the thick of things for a good draft pick!

blazerman
10-23-2009, 01:48 AM
Are you kidding? Marion with Kidd in just a couple of pre season games has been amazing. And Gooden is going to start over Dampier btw and he has also looked solid in the pre season. For us to be successful Josh Howard must remain healthy. If we have a healthy Josh for the entire year you need to watch out because we have the depth and a solid core players on this team to make a run at this thing. And just adding an "aged marion" we will be more of a contender and win more games than your Jazz pal. I predict the Mavs to finish 3rd and West and get beat by the Lakers in the WCF. This team is loaded with expiring contracts too so watch for Cuban to deal for an all-star or border line all-star at the deadline. Most likely a center.

Kidd, Howard, Matrix, Dirk, Gooden

Barea, Terry, Ross, Thomas, Singleton, Dampier, Beaubois and Humphries.

that is a solid team and will give teams a run for their money this season. And most of you don't see it because you buy into the **** the media tells you. Mavs could have the best bench in the league this season. Last time we had this much depth we went to the finals.

I think you not only bought into the Media hype around the Mavs but sold it out. The Mavs bench isnt even close to the best, that belongs to the Blazers, Magic, Spurs, Celtics hands down.

asmarks18
10-23-2009, 03:01 AM
Have you been watching basketball lately? Seriously Marion and Gooden are fantastic additions. Forget what Marion did with Miami and Toronto. He needs a PG to feed him the ball. He has that now and when he had Kidd and Nash while he was in Phoenix he was pretty hard to contain. And Howard missed about a 1/3 of the season last year and we were the 6th seed with basically 2 players who could score most of the time with Terry and Dirk. A healthy Howard and Marion back to putting up 15+ and about 7-10 rebounds makes the Mavs a team to take seriously. Gooden also looked good running the floor with Kidd and the offense in the pre season and I see him having a solid year. Role players like JJ Barea and Tim Thomas bring instant offense off the bench. And Ross, Beaubois and Dampier bring solid defense off the bench. And I as well as alot of people believe Beaubois is going to be something special within the next couple of years. Us mavs fans just by seeing the way he plays compare him to Barbosa because of his speed and athleticism.Then there is guys like Humphries and Singleton who can play multiple positions and go all out with their energy, hustle, and smart basketball when they get playing time. So by saying we are destined for a good draft pick is just plain ignorant and you clearly don't know jack **** about the NBA. And the Blazers having the best bench? HAHAHAHAHAAHHA thats ****ing absurd. That's the biggest reach i've heard in quite some time. Pryzbilla, Fernandez and Jarred Bayless combined average slightly more than Terry alone.

blazerman
10-23-2009, 03:30 AM
Have you been watching basketball lately? Seriously Marion and Gooden are fantastic additions. Forget what Marion did with Miami and Toronto. He needs a PG to feed him the ball. He has that now and when he had Kidd and Nash while he was in Phoenix he was pretty hard to contain. And Howard missed about a 1/3 of the season last year and we were the 6th seed with basically 2 players who could score most of the time with Terry and Dirk. A healthy Howard and Marion back to putting up 15+ and about 7-10 rebounds makes the Mavs a team to take seriously. Gooden also looked good running the floor with Kidd and the offense in the pre season and I see him having a solid year. Role players like JJ Barea and Tim Thomas bring instant offense off the bench. And Ross, Beaubois and Dampier bring solid defense off the bench. And I as well as alot of people believe Beaubois is going to be something special within the next couple of years. Us mavs fans just by seeing the way he plays compare him to Barbosa because of his speed and athleticism.Then there is guys like Humphries and Singleton who can play multiple positions and go all out with their energy, hustle, and smart basketball when they get playing time. So by saying we are destined for a good draft pick is just plain ignorant and you clearly don't know jack **** about the NBA. And the Blazers having the best bench? HAHAHAHAHAAHHA thats ****ing absurd. That's the biggest reach i've heard in quite some time. Yeah Steve Blake, Fernandez,Webster and Pryzbilla really give you the best bench. What a joke.

Bayless,Fernandez,Miller,Webster,Outlaw,Pryzbilla, Howard one of the 3 deepest in the league, No need to be jealous!

The only reach is the crap your trying to pass on knowledgable NBA fans. Tim Thomas is a total burnout and if you asked him he'd probably tell you that himself, Beaubois has never even played a game and Ross, haha.

Just throw out what Marion did in Miami and Toronto, dude do you realize he played with two Olympians in Wade and Bosh. If anything he should have had an easy go of it with them as teammates. Oh ya Calderon is way better than father time Jason Kidd!!

Got anything else you need me to bust you up on.!!

Mavrix
10-23-2009, 03:31 AM
uhhh ya, benches aside Dallas is going to be a decent team at best. 5or 6 seed but they will be blasted when they play the Lakers or SA.

So they're a #3 seed without Jason Kidd in his prime but a 5 or 6 seed with him IN his prime :facepalm:

Mavrix
10-23-2009, 03:35 AM
Bayless,Fernandez,Miller,Webster,Outlaw,Pryzbilla, Howard one of the 3 deepest in the league, No need to be jealous!

The only reach is the crap your trying to pass on knowledgable NBA fans. Tim Thomas is a total burnout and if you asked him he'd probably tell you that himself, Beaubois has never even played a game and Ross, haha.

Just throw out what Marion did in Miami and Toronto, dude do you realize he played with two Olympians in Wade and Bosh. If anything he should have had an easy go of it with them as teammates. Oh ya Calderon is way better than father time Jason Kidd!!

Got anything else you need me to bust you up on.!!Do you realize he played with arguably the best PG in the NBA and 2 time MVP in Nash in Phoenix? A PG, not an Olympian SG or PF. He's getting that in Kidd in Dallas. Don't be an arrogant homer and give credit when it's deserved.

nolin
You can't argue that Kidd isn't a top 10 PG in the league, because he is.

He's still one of the best past first PG's with great court vision in the league. The best rebounding PG in the league, and one of the greatest leaders in the NBA.

kidd is not a top 10 pg. put down the crack-pipe please.

asmarks18

Got anything else you need me to bust you up on.!!

Dude, you do realize besides Bosh and Wade those teams ****ing sucked and were mediocre at best. And Calderon.. I am not even going say anything. If you think Calderon is better at running an offense than Kidd then you really have a screw loose. Kidd is a sure HOF. Calderon isn't even qualified to pick up Kidd's dog **** in his back yard.

nolin
10-23-2009, 03:36 AM
And what if Jimmy Jackson and Jamal Mashburn came back to the Mavs in their prime?

How good would the bulls be if Michael Jordan came out of retirement and was in his prime?

Mavrix
10-23-2009, 03:38 AM
kidd is not a top 10 pg. put down the crack-pipe please.

Name 10 PG's better right now after you finish smoking your bowl.

asmarks18
10-23-2009, 03:39 AM
And Blake and Batum starting over Miller, and Outlaw is absolutely ****ing ridiculous. Your bench is more impressive than your lowsy *** starters. Roy and Aldridge are the only players worth talking about on that inexperienced team. Imagine if you guys would have taken Durant. You would be destined for a championship within the next year or 2. Your team is filled with solid players and has 2 elite ball players. Let's make a sig bet.. Mavs have a better record than the Blazers. ????? And a lot of good rookies have yet to play in a ball game and I bet you think highly of some of them so your point is flawed btw. Just thought I'd add that in.

Mavrix
10-23-2009, 03:43 AM
And Blake and Batum starting over Miller, and Outlaw is absolutely ****ing ridiculous. Your bench is more impressive than your lowsy *** starters. Roy and Aldridge are the only players worth talking about on that inexperienced team. Imagine if you guys would have taken Durant. You would be destined for a championship within the next year or 2. Your team is filled with solid players and has 2 elite ball players. Let's make a sig bet.. Mavs have a better record than the Blazers. ????? And a lot of good rookies have yet to play in a ball game and I bet you think highly of some of them so your point is flawed btw. Just thought I'd add that in.

I already made one with blazerman. I'm gonna lmfao when the Blazers get the 6th seed.

Mavrix
10-23-2009, 03:44 AM
They could be the 1st seed for all I care. Either way, we all know Portland won't get past the first round.

nolin
10-23-2009, 03:45 AM

CP3
D.Will
Billups
Parker
Nash
Harris
Agent Zero
Rose
Rondo
B.Diddy

Thats 10 for you if you want more let me know!

asmarks18
10-23-2009, 03:45 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bbcchx0ipwA <-----Future of Dallas Basketball.

nolin
10-23-2009, 03:51 AM

you can put calderon and mo williams on that list to.

Mavrix
10-23-2009, 03:52 AM
CP3
D.Will
Billups
Parker
Nash
Harris
Agent Zero
Rose
Rondo
B.Diddy

Thats 10 for you if you want more let me know!

CP3
D.Will
Billups
Parker
Nash - Equal. 2 different PG's though. Nash = pass first, shoot second. Kidd = pass first, past second, shoot third.
Harris
Agent Zero - HELL NO. No defense, injury prone, hasn't played in years - who knows if he'll ever come close to playing the same. I don't even consider him a true PG.
Rose - A rookie that showed some flashes is no where NEAR close to being better than future HOFer Jason Kidd right now. Are you drunk?
Rondo
B.Diddy - Injury prone, hasn't been anywhere close to his 07 playoff form

Ones I bolded are better right now. That's 6.

Mavrix
10-23-2009, 03:53 AM
you can put calderon and mo williams on that list to.

HAHAHHAHJAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

asmarks18
10-23-2009, 03:55 AM
Offensively they're. When it comes to defense, rebounding, court vision, passing, basketball IQ, decision making and leadership he's at the top of the list. He may be 37 but he is still in great shape and playing well. Because our teams he's been surrounded with since we traded for him have been decent at best. People think age has caught up with him. Which is sad. Every person he's played with have nothing but the best things to say about him. He doesn't score 20 a game but he brings a lot more things to a team that a guy like Baron Davis, Mo Williams, And Gilbert Arenas can't.

nolin
10-23-2009, 03:56 AM
CP3
D.Will
Billups
Parker
Nash - Equal. 2 different PG's though. Nash = pass first, shoot second. Kidd = pass first, past second, shoot third.
Harris
Agent Zero - HELL NO. No defense, injury prone, hasn't played in years - who knows if he'll ever come close to playing the same. I don't even consider him a true PG.
Rose - A rookie that showed some flashes is no where NEAR close to being better than future HOFer Jason Kidd right now. Are you drunk?
Rondo
B.Diddy - Injury prone, hasn't been anywhere close to his 07 playoff form

Ones I bolded are better right now. That's 6.

You can add andre miller nelson and monta on that list too. Im not knocking kidd. he is one of the best pg ( if not the best pg ) to play in the league over the last 15 years or so. He is a future hall of famer. im not saying hes not. but as of right now he is not a top 10 pg in this league.

nolin
10-23-2009, 04:03 AM
Offensively they're. When it comes to defense, rebounding, court vision, passing, basketball IQ, decision making and leadership he's at the top of the list. He may be 37 but he is still in great shape and playing well. Because our teams he's been surrounded with since we traded for him have been decent at best. People think age has caught up with him. Which is sad. Every person he's played with have nothing but the best things to say about him. He doesn't score 20 a game but he brings a lot more things to a team that a guy like Baron Davis, Mo Williams, And Gilbert Arenas can't.

kidd is still a good rebounder, but his defense isnt good by any means. hes to slow and would get torched by every pg i put on the list.

asmarks18
10-23-2009, 04:05 AM
You can add andre miller nelson and monta on that list too. Im not knocking kidd. he is one of the best pg ( if not the best pg ) to play in the league over the last 15 years or so. He is a future hall of famer. im not saying hes not. but as of right now he is not a top 10 pg in this league.

:facepalm:

Please stop making a fool out of your self. People on here are bashing me because I think the Mavs have a great bench. And they think it's a reach. But YOU actually think Monta Ellis and Jameer Nelson are better than Kidd? Arenas, Nelson, Ellis, Davis, etc. Are all one dimensional basketball players. Kidd like I said before does so much more for his team than those jokes. All those guys do is score points. Nothing else. If everything is about offense to you. Go be a Warriors fan. Don Nelson should be your hero.

asmarks18
10-23-2009, 04:07 AM
kidd is still a good rebounder, but his defense isnt good by any means. hes to slow and would get torched by every pg i put on the list.

Kidd was third in the league in Steals and averaged 5 defensive rebounds a game last season. Only PG's I see giving him alot of trouble from me watching him was Parker and CP3. And who doesn't have a hard time guarding those freaks? He's strong enough and smart enough to know how to guard Steve Nash, Billups and Baron Davis, Arenas, Rondo, Etc. He can guard the majority of those guys you mentioned with no problems. Infact he was our best defensive player last season. Mavs have never been known for their defense but Kidd is not horrible at defense as you narrow minded ***** seem to believe.

ggg
Who cares. The season starts in a week and we are discussing stuff like what if Wilt was still alive and in his prime on the Lakers, how good would the Lakers be?

freal. amen. im sick of these threads. waht if what if waht if. bunch of discussion with no evidence that can hold water.

nolin
:facepalm:

Please stop making a fool out of your self. People on here are bashing me because I think the Mavs have a great bench. And they think it's a reach. But YOU actually think Monta Ellis and Jameer Nelson are better than Kidd? Arenas, Nelson, Ellis, Davis, etc. Are all one dimensional basketball players. Kidd like I said before does so much more for his team than those jokes. All those guys do is score points. Nothing else. If everything is about offense to you. Go be a Warriors fan. Don Nelson should be your hero.

Wow the dallas homers came out tonight.

Mavrix
10-23-2009, 04:09 AM

Just stop.

nolin
10-23-2009, 04:11 AM
Kidd was third in the league in Steals and averaged 5 defensive rebounds a game last season. Only PG's I see giving him alot of trouble from me watching him was Parker and CP3. And who doesn't have a hard time guarding those freaks?

just because you gamble alot and get a "steal" doesnt make you a great defensive player. Just because there isnt a stat which shows how many times he got beat a game going for the "steal" means nothing.

asmarks18
10-23-2009, 04:13 AM
Btw thought you should know. When Howard was out with his ankle injuries last season. Mavs would run a 3 guard lineup where Kidd would be guarding the SG's and SF's of the opposing team because your not going to put Barea or Terry on 6-6, 6-7 guys. People who think Kidd isn't a good defensive player are clueless.

asmarks18
10-23-2009, 04:14 AM
just because you gamble alot and get a "steal" doesnt make you a great defensive player. Just because there isnt a stat which shows how many times he got beat a game going for the "steal" means nothing.

You clearly don't watch the Mavericks or Jason Kidd so why don't you do me and everyone a favor and shut the **** up. And yeah we are homers to our team. So is 95% of the people on this site. Got any other pointless ********?

asmarks18
10-23-2009, 04:16 AM
He doesn't gamble and get lucky with a steal. He has instincts and awareness. It's called Basketball IQ. Half the of the PG on your list don't have any. I guess Paul and Wade who averaged just a little bit more than him gamble and come up lucky too. But you probably don't think that because their young and make more money and are on the cover of video games. Right?

asmarks18
10-23-2009, 04:21 AM
nolin where did you go? I saw you were on the page after my last couple post. Nothing to say wise guy?

nolin
10-23-2009, 04:33 AM
nolin where did you go? I saw you were on the page after my last couple post. Nothing to say wise guy?

I cant convince a homer to change his belief. i actually think you believe this, but as wrong as you are your entitled to your opinion.

blazerman
10-23-2009, 04:54 AM

Mavrix already is gonna be running a Blazer sig for a yr after this season, I tried to get him to bet more but he was smart enough to stick with a sig bet and he's gonna be luvin the sig I have for him,haha

Now if you want to put something up meaningful on it, PM me a message and I'll bet anything you want on a secured bet, I have no problem taking your money. PM me then we'll get it arranged through a reputable third party otherwise dont waste my time with weak bets.

blazerman
10-23-2009, 05:02 AM

I'd probably take Tyreke Evans too and he hasnt even played a game yet.

those guys dont understand that father time aka Kidd is prehistoric and he's starting to fossilize already, by the end of the season they can probabaly turn him into a statue and put him in front of the Mavs arena kinda like the Jordan statue in front of the united ctr in Chicago, the only difference is the Kidd one will really be him. I bet he still has his flintstone mobile in his garage too, I wonder if he's related to Fred or Barney or the caveman on the Geico commercials, ah Im sure they are. I wonder if his favorite song is the Gico theme "LET ME BE MYSELF".

Hey Nolin will you help me with some history about Jason Kidd:
A)Invented the wheel
B) Was the creator of fire
C) was he the guy who said the British are coming back in the 18th century
D) was one of the original forefathers that signed the declaration of independence.
E) was a scout for Lewis and Clark on the Oregon Trail
F) all of the above

I think I'll play it safe and go with option F) all of the above

JKiddFan4Life
10-23-2009, 12:17 PM
blazerman...You can make fun of JKidd's age all you want to, nobody can stop time. Heck, he himself makes fun of it.

The fact is, even the fastest cars lose tread over time, you can't stop that. But that doesn't mean I'm going to change my opinion that a classic is still a classic, regardless of it's ability to keep up with the newer models. Once the quickness is gone, what's left? Your ability to play the point guard position is not based solely on your speed and your ability to shoot (this is a shooting guard's role), but moreso on your court vision and your decision-making skills. JKidd still does this better than any player in the game today.

I'm a fan, you can't change my opinion, and you'll NEVER hear me disrespect another player because I just plain love this game.

Chronz
10-23-2009, 12:22 PM
nice debates going on here

asmarks18
10-23-2009, 03:02 PM
Mavrix already is gonna be running a Blazer sig for a yr after this season, I tried to get him to bet more but he was smart enough to stick with a sig bet and he's gonna be luvin the sig I have for him,haha

Now if you want to put something up meaningful on it, PM me a message and I'll bet anything you want on a secured bet, I have no problem taking your money. PM me then we'll get it arranged through a reputable third party otherwise dont waste my time with weak bets.

Sorry man. I don't do that. Not going to trust a third party with my money. And if I did it wouldn't be a significant amount of money. Prolly 20 bucks or something so that's not worth going through a third party.

Kidd is still a good basketball player. He used to be great. Only time he get's beat on defense is in transition because he has lost a step or two over the years. Marion is going to have a great season with the Mavs and so is Gooden. Both bring more weapons on offense which we sorely needed but they also bring defense and toughness. Put all of that with a healthy Josh Howard and Dirk having another great season and you have your self a top 4 team in the West atleast. Lakers, Spurs, Mavs, Nuggets are all better than Portland. You may be loaded with young talent but you really only have 2 guys on your team who are difference makers in Roy and Aldridge. Hell, New Orleans with the addition of Okafor, they might be better than you too. Utah if they can put it together has more talent and is better than you guys as well. In a couple of years when if find a legit number 3 guy on your team to go with Lamarcus and Roy and your team gets a little more mature then you will be a dominant team.

Hitman21
10-23-2009, 03:29 PM
Kidd may still be a top 10 pg...but as far as yur bench being one of the deepest, you all are dreaming. Aside form Jterry..you seriously got nothing.

Spurred1
10-23-2009, 03:31 PM
nice debates going on here

:eyebrow:

blazerman
10-23-2009, 05:43 PM
Sorry man. I don't do that. Not going to trust a third party with my money. And if I did it wouldn't be a significant amount of money. Prolly 20 bucks or something so that's not worth going through a third party.

Kidd is still a good basketball player. He used to be great. Only time he get's beat on defense is in transition because he has lost a step or two over the years. Marion is going to have a great season with the Mavs and so is Gooden. Both bring more weapons on offense which we sorely needed but they also bring defense and toughness. Put all of that with a healthy Josh Howard and Dirk having another great season and you have your self a top 4 team in the West atleast. Lakers, Spurs, Mavs, Nuggets are all better than Portland. You may be loaded with young talent but you really only have 2 guys on your team who are difference makers in Roy and Aldridge. Hell, New Orleans with the addition of Okafor, they might be better than you too. Utah if they can put it together has more talent and is better than you guys as well. In a couple of years when if find a legit number 3 guy on your team to go with Lamarcus and Roy and your team gets a little more mature then you will be a dominant team.

Well if no bet then, I'll just say good luck to your Mavs this yr, I have no doubt they will have a good season. I was just joking around on the Kidd stuff, dont take offense to it. Kidd is still a good pg, just not anything near what he used to be. His court vision will never leave him and he is crafty.

Oh ya I was mistaken it was Paul Revere who said the British were coming not Jason Kidd. haha
Enjoy the season and I will add Dirk is awesome and one of my favorite current players. That guy has a sweet shot and is pure money.

MackSnackWrap
10-23-2009, 06:06 PM
not wayy better

Mavrix
10-23-2009, 11:22 PM
Kidd may still be a top 10 pg...but as far as yur bench being one of the deepest, you all are dreaming. Aside form Jterry..you seriously got nothing.

+ Erick Dampier, Tim Thomas, JJ Barea, Kris Humphries, and rookie Rodrigue Beabouis